JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakda Pattasima - I love the Thai people

Author Topic: Idoling!!! - Open Sub project  (Read 101262 times)

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
Re: Idoling!!! - Open Sub project
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »
They're "localized."  Basically, they have a lot of free reign with the translations as long as it fits the overall story.  Just for you, I was able to find both the USA and JPN versions of the remakes for the PSP.  Here are the USA lines, followed by the JPN lines, followed by what a more literal translation would be.  These are just rough translations, but it should give you an idea as to how 99% of games out there are localized:

Date Masamune
You old people and your drama. Give me a break!
年寄りは前置きが長いわ!バカめ!
You old people take too long! You imbeciles!

Sanada Yukimura
Hold your tongue, you undisciplined brat!
何と無礼な!控えぬか!
How insolent! Do you know no bounds!

Kunoichi
Hm, it seems the little freak is due for a nap.
若者は辛抱が足りなくてイカンわね
The lack of patience young people have is no good, huh?
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »
Revival post! With some classic Open Sub style! rough and all edges but just enough to understand and enjoy!

Idoling!!! 1026 - 6th Gen Introduction

Idoling 1026 6th gen introduction

just some minor notes

Ton - is usually referring to pork meat. Thus we have food like tonkatsu and a few others.
S - I referring to people who are Sadist. People who enjoys watching other people in pain or suffering
M - Masochist, people who enjoy being in pain or being bullied.

other than that, enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:27:30 AM by kei_86 »

Offline Asahi Mon

• Member+
  • idolinger!!!
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2013, 11:25:49 AM »
hope u can continue making sub kei hehe  :twothumbs

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2013, 03:16:07 PM »
Wow! What a nice surprise. Thanks Kei. :thumbsup

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2013, 08:03:32 PM »
This episode was so good, I watched it twice with the subs.  :lol: Thanks again!

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2013, 04:46:38 AM »
Revival post! With some classic Open Sub style! rough and all edges but just enough to understand and enjoy!

Idoling!!! 1026 - 6th Gen Introduction

Idoling 1026 6th gen introduction

just some minor notes

Ton - is usually referring to pork meat. Thus we have food like tonkatsu and a few others.
S - I referring to people who are Sadist. People who enjoys watching other people in pain or suffering
M - Masochist, people who enjoy being in pain or being bullied.

other than that, enjoy!

Thanks for the "explanation" about "S" & "M" words, i haven't ever knew before. For "Ton" words, i've heard quite often. Btw do you know the word "ド-S"?? I think in earlier Idoling Episodes with 1st-gen they often mention that word.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:53:10 AM by b8067hc »

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2013, 06:11:33 AM »
"Do-S" or "Do-M" basically means "S kind of guy" or "M kind of guy" as in saying a Sadist Type or Masochist Type.
For obvious reason, Masuno is extremely Do-S for sure  :twisted:

Offline dadan9999

« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2013, 06:34:53 AM »
Important episode to know some 6th gen personality,thanks for the subs Kei :twothumbs

hope u can continue making sub kei hehe  :twothumbs

:yep: :yep: :yep:

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »
"Do-S" or "Do-M" basically means "S kind of guy" or "M kind of guy" as in saying a Sadist Type or Masochist Type.
I thought the "Do-" meant it "more"? That a Do-S is a heavier version of an S, and a Do-M is a heavier than an M.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »
I thought the "Do-" meant it "more"? That a Do-S is a heavier version of an S, and a Do-M is a heavier than an M.

http://chess.way-nifty.com/chess_tane/2005/02/post_17.html

There are several uses of "do". One of them means hyperbolic (ドS,ドM, etc) and one of them means "sure is" (ど真ん中, etc). On Rikai-chan, general meaning of "do" is precisely/exactly/totally/very much.

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2013, 11:49:33 AM »
Guys we miss subs LOL! Kinda hoping for a new one since it's the holidays.  :)

Offline miitan

• Miichan's Cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • monochromatia
    • monochromefx
    • +monochromefx
« Reply #231 on: December 03, 2013, 09:51:52 PM »
I think the subbers have forsaken Idoling!!! for other, lesser, idol groups.  :thumbdown:

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #232 on: December 03, 2013, 10:51:17 PM »
I think the subbers have forsaken Idoling!!! for other, lesser, idol groups.  :thumbdown:

Lies

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »

thank you, much appreciated.

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »
Let's give the subbers some break on this. People such as kei_86 and Code001 have been doing this out of their own times under no obligation to any of us. We should be thankful that they ever did any at all for us:)

It's unfortunate that Idoling!!! is indeed a relatively smaller community so there are fewer people dedicated to doing this. If we want to consume more, maybe we should help out the people with whatever we can, maybe simply timing if we can't translate.

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2013, 11:12:39 AM »
Let's give the subbers some break on this. People such as kei_86 and Code001 have been doing this out of their own times under no obligation to any of us. We should be thankful that they ever did any at all for us:)

It's unfortunate that Idoling!!! is indeed a relatively smaller community so there are fewer people dedicated to doing this. If we want to consume more, maybe we should help out the people with whatever we can, maybe simply timing if we can't translate.

Yes you said it best. :)
I could time, but maybe an episode per month. Would you help time?  :)
Thing is most in the community can understand the episodes too. Only a few of us need the subs. LOL

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »
Thing is most in the community can understand the episodes too. Only a few of us need the subs. LOL

It's all just a conspiracy to get you guys to learn spoken Japanese.  8)

I'll be on winter break come Thursday night, so I'll slowly release a few things I still have lying around before I go back to grinding college courses again.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the reason I didn't release 933 was because I accidentally deleted the entire script.  I got so pissed off when I was redoing it that I just said fuck it and haven't really touched subbing since.  I moved 5 hours away to go to this new college shortly after, and I just never got back in the groove.  I still have some scripts for you guys, and I'm hoping to release some of them in a few weeks during the holidays.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:30:38 AM by Code001 »

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »

It's all just a conspiracy to get you guys to learn spoken Japanese.  8)

I'll be on winter break come Thursday night, so I'll slowly release a few things I still have lying around before I go back to grinding college courses again.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the reason I didn't release 933 was because I accidentally deleted the entire script.  I got so pissed off when I was redoing it that I just said fuck it and haven't really touched subbing since.  I moved 5 hours away to go to this new college shortly after, and I just never got back in the groove.  I still have some scripts for you guys, and I'm hoping to release some of them in a few weeks during the holidays.

Ouch, nothing worse than deleting something you have been working on for hours.  :bleed eyes:
I do know now some Japanese phrases.  :lol:

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2013, 11:27:23 PM »
680 is up. Go learn how (and how not) to perform CPR.  Hoping to get two more done before I have to head back by the end of the month.

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
680 is up. Go learn how (and how not) to perform CPR.  Hoping to get two more done before I have to head back by the end of the month.

Thanks Code as always! Yeah bro!!!  :twothumbs  :)

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakda Pattasima - I love the Thai people