JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kamomekamome - Quiet ga yondeiru

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 127230 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »

Yeah, Storm of Swords is my favorite of the books too. It's huge, there's shit hitting the fan everywhere, very action-packed.

Two TV-seasons worth of stuff, and that's how I think they're gonna do it, too... well, nothing confirmed yet I guess.

--

http://blog.chrisbishop.com/post/17554357179/game-of-thrones-valentine-cards

Now THESE are great Valentine's Day cards. :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »
Since I watched the TV show first and then started reading the novels, I mostly imagine the characters like they are depicted in the series (or slightly altered), even if the description in the book gives a completely different image of their looks. But there are a few exceptions like Osha for instance. In my minds eye she looks so not like Natalia Tena, Sandor Cleagen is much more burned and when I read Tyrion chapters I hear Peter Dinklage's voice in my head XD

How is it for everyone else? When you knew the books first, did your image of the characters change after watching the show?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
I had learned of the books through this topic in the first place! Got GoT as a birthday present and seeing the promotional trailers beforehand meant I already had an image for those characters going into the book. Now I know how older fans feel like as we go into the second season onwards, with new characters being introduced and seeing if they match with the idea I had in my head.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2012, 11:06:33 PM »
I WANNA BE AN EXTRA ON THE SHOW!!!  :cry:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2012, 12:42:19 PM »
Finished book two at the weekend.
This series pushes me two new reading levels, I swear!
GOT was the fattest book I've read thus far, it took me exactly a month.
Then ACOK comes along with 900+ pages I literally devoured in exactly one week!!! That's two new records for me XD
I really need to make a break right now and do other things. If I started on ASOS now (which I REALY want to) then I wouldn't have a life anymore until I was finished with ADOD!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2012, 01:41:01 PM »
^ And once you've read all, you want to do a re-read to spot all the things you missed the first time around. :lol: Taking a break is definitely a good idea!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2012, 07:05:13 AM »
Not even halfway through ACOK.  :banghead:

So when should we schedule the official  :hipheart:  Game of Thrones Season 1 watch party?

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:24 PM »
Actually I wanted to let myself be surprised and wait til I see her on the show, but curiosity got the better of me and I googled who was cast as one of my favourite characters on ACOK: Asha Greyjoy!
And I'm pleasently surprised (and relieved) Click!!!
I can totally picture her as Asha.
But WTF renaming her to Yara???

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
^ They're like "It sounds too much like Osha" but then Yara sounds a lot like Arya :lol: So whatever...

OK!! GAME OF THRONES WATCHING PARTY. Two weekends, 3-3, 2-2 episodes because Amp says we should speed through the earlier eps because he didn't like them ah ha.

When to watch? Well it's going to take 3 hours to watch 3 episodes. If the final ep ends 11pm my time, then we should start around 8pm my time, which is... 10am in LA :D :D :D and so, 1pm in New York, and... 3am in Japan. Well, I guess nobody from Japan is joining.

That is my proposal. Saturday & Sunday. Wut up?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
That is my proposal. Saturday & Sunday. Wut up?

IM THERE :rockon:

also: ASOS is getting more ridiculous with each page, with Beric & Jaime especially :shocked:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »
This weekend? I'm so there. Where will we watch it from though?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »
The S1 Blu Ray boxset looks so cool! Wish I had a Blu Ray player to see it all!

So here are details on all the special features you will get in the Blu-Ray set (the DVD set does not have the animated histories, In-Episode Guide, Anatomy of an Episode or the Dragon Eggs).
The Complete Guide to Westeros

A comprehensive, interactive guide of the houses, histories, and lands of Game of Thrones. The guide is broken down into three sections:

Houses – Contains six gorgeously animated histories of the great houses as told by characters from the series: Robb and Bran (Stark), Catelyn (Arryn), Robert (Baratheon), Tywin (Lannister), Viserys (Targaryen) and Jeor Mormont (Night’s Watch). Also includes bios of each member of the house and their various servants and vassals.

Histories & Lore – Nineteen animated histories of the Seven Kingdoms, as told by various characters from the series. Certain histories have multiple characters telling the same story from differing viewpoints. Here is the full list of histories with the character(s) that narrate each:
The Children of the Forest, The First Men, and the Andals – Bran
The Age of Heroes – Bran
The Old Gods and the New – Bran and Catelyn
The History of the Night’s Watch – Jeor, Luwin, Tywin
The Order of the Maesters – Luwin
Valyria & the Dragons – Viserys
The Field of Fire – Viserys, Robb
Mad King Aerys – Robert, Luwin, Tywin
Robert’s Rebellion – Robert, Viserys
The Sack of King’s Landing – Viserys, Robert, Luwin, Tywin

Lands – Learn more about the regions and lands of Westeros and Essos in this interactive map.
In-Episode Guide

The same content that is available in the Complete Guide, only accessible via an on-screen menu while watching the episode. The content available changes based on what is happening in the episode and certain aspects are only accessible once they are “unlocked” by the action on screen.
Anatomy of an Episode

A view into how they filmed episode six of the first season, with various behind-the-scenes features and interviews popping up throughout the episode.
Making Game of Thrones

A 30-minute look into the making of Game of Thrones. New interviews with Nina Gold and her casting associate Robert Sterne, Ramin Djawadi, Tom Martin (construction manager), Adam McInnes (vfx supervisor), Jim Warren (animal handler), and others. Of course, we also get quotes from David & Dan, GRRM, the directors and much of the cast as well. Some new cast interviews too, from Rory McCann, Alfie Allen, Kate Dickie, Iain Glen, and Finn Jones. The feature covers all aspects of the production from casting to set building, stunts and visual effects, costumes and more.
More Behind the Scenes Videos

Character Profiles – Short videos where the actors talks about the characters they play. Same as the ones released prior to Season One airing.

From the Book to the Screen – GRRM and David & Dan talk about the challenges of adapting this story to television.

Creating the Show Open – Interviews with Angus Wall and the Elastic team about how they created the title sequence.

Creating the Dothraki Language – Interviews with David J. Peterson, David & Dan and the actors about creating and speaking the Dothraki language.

The Night’s Watch – Interviews with GRRM, David & Dan and the Night’s Watch cast about the history and the ways of the Watch.

Hidden Dragon Eggs – Six hidden dragon eggs that contain cast audition footage.
Episode Previews & Recaps

Short previews and recaps of each episode. These are the same videos that HBO released as the season was airing (and can be found on our season one episode guide).
Episode Commentaries

Ep 1 – David Benioff & Dan Weiss
Ep 2 – Lena Headey, Mark Addy, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Ep 3 – Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Isaac Hempstead-Wright
Ep 4 – Bryan Cogman & Kit Harington
Ep 6 – Emilia Clarke, Harry Lloyd, Peter Dinklage, Dan Minahan
Ep 8 – George R. R. Martin
Ep 10 – David Benioff, Dan Weiss, Alan Taylor

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2012, 10:21:45 PM »
^^ I have all the eps downloaded so I'll be watching on the computer... o-o;;

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:12 AM »
+1 for those wanting to join in the party. But I NEED VIDEO LINKS ;_____;

Sidenote: Currently reading Clash of Kings..

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:25 AM »
^^ I have all the eps downloaded so I'll be watching on the computer... o-o;;

Same here. 9/10 of them have previews though.

Wish I had a blu-ray player as well. Tempted to pre-order the DVD boxset from BestBuy.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2012, 11:49:14 AM »
Try stream links at sidereel.com??

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36:59 PM »
For those looking for streaming links I suggest going here. Haven't checked all the links but it's the best I can find at the moment.

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Game-of-Thrones--_25243/season_1/episode_1/

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2012, 12:33:30 AM »

Carice talking about her role in Season 2 (at around 2:50+) a bit in this interview. Some spoilars, maybe.

Ahh, I can't wait for her depiction of Melisandre. "Great heat emanates from her body." ...check. :yep:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »
There could be an issue with the streaming links in that they are sloooooooow. It's no Youtube, I'm on a decent connection and it takes 5 mins to stream 1 minute of footage. Seeing if I can download the season somehow but just thought I should give a heads up to those who were also thinking of streaming.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kamomekamome - Quiet ga yondeiru