JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kuraki Mai - Time After Time ~Hana Mau Machi de~

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 126715 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #460 on: January 31, 2015, 07:02:19 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #461 on: January 31, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »
Interesting deviation from the books

*A Dance With Dragons Spoilers Ahead*

By making Dany the one Varys is supporting and not Griff. Some seem to think that because the producers know what the ending is, then they know that Griff isn't Aegon after all, hence why he's not introduced here. Some even suggest that the producers have done a switcheroo and made Rhaenys the new heir instead. I think the solution is just that they cut out Griff's character and merged his role for Dany's in order to make it easier for a TV audience to follow rather than introduce a new character. They've already done it with certain characters e.g. Bronn training Jaimi instead of Ilyn Payne.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #462 on: February 13, 2015, 06:28:45 PM »
Aaah, I had completely forgotten about this.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #463 on: March 29, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »
TWO WEEKS LEFT, GET IN HERE

The show will definitely overtake the books now, from what I read. Not entirely sure how I feel about that. Maybe if seasons were longer than 10 episodes..

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #464 on: March 30, 2015, 10:21:14 PM »
^ Bound to happen considering GRRM's writing pace. Well, bring it on, I need to know what happens. And at this point the books and TV show are it's own thing so no doubt the books will differ in some if not many ways to keep it interesting too.

Just dropping this here, Nikolaj dropped a major book hint of something we should expect in the future. I think I might know what he means? But at the same time, I could be way wrong. Obviously book readers on pace with the end of ADWD should watch the below.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #465 on: April 03, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #466 on: April 06, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »

"Stick him with the pointy end"

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #467 on: April 07, 2015, 04:08:56 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2015, 08:54:45 PM »
Really liked the first episode! Quite the change to see...

*MASSIVE A Dance With Dragon Spoilers!*

Mance being killed seeing as he doesn't die in the books. Makes me wonder how that whole storyline now plays out and what changes it will make for Theon, Ramsey, Fake Arya etc. I have a feeling that either Tormund goes in Mance's place or somehow Theon has a moment of realisation and tries to escape himself along with Fake Arya. Or perhaps the Battle Of Winterfell happens and he escapes during it? Point is something must put this chain of events into place otherwise Ramsey doesn't send a letter to the Wall and Jon doesn't get stabbed. On second thought...maybe that's a good thing!

Glad to have the season back. I know already what my favourite scene from this season of GOT will be. When it happens, I'm going to quote this and let you know.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #469 on: April 17, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »
There are going to be so many differences to the book from this season onward.
On one side it is a good Thing, seeing as the series overtakes the books but then I'm going to be sad, when they leave out Events and characters I have been waiting to see.

I wonder what we get to see of Tyrions journey?
After the first Trailers I was a Little afraid he would tumble out of that box right onto Dany's doorstep, but luckily that was avoided.

Offline thefallenemperor

• ecchi
  • Apink Saranghae~~~ [PinkPanda]
« Reply #470 on: May 09, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »
Can someone provide juz what is changing from the book and the tv? It's getting confusing for us mortal people here... :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #471 on: May 09, 2015, 09:17:16 PM »
Anyone else think the Sand Snakes scene was one of the worst in the series? Don't remember them being all that engaging from the books either. Poor Barristan too, one of my favourite characters. I don't think he had nearly enough screen time and I wished for a grander send off. But it is Game of Thrones and we don't always get what we want for our heroes. I just feel the response from the audience was 'Meh' when he died, when he really should be remembered more fondly which I don't think the show did a terrific job with.

At least there was Melisandre boobs.

Can someone provide juz what is changing from the book and the tv? It's getting confusing for us mortal people here... :P

Quite a few things thus far! Off the top of my head

*BOOK SPOILERS AND POTENTIALLY LATER EPISODE/SEASON SPOILERS*

- Sansa never marries Ramsey. At the end of the last book, she's promised off to another character not seen in the show in order to secure the North. Ramsey does marry a 'fake Arya' however, someone from Winterfell that Roose and Ramsey have instructed to pass off as Arya. This is in an attempt to secure the North as well.
- Barristan and Mance Rayder don't die in the books. Mance is tasked by Jon to carry out an important mission to save the real Arya (who believes she's at Winterfell) and Barristan is even made a POV character as he provides assistance to Dany and leads an army to battle.
- Brienne and Podrick never find Arya or Sansa and instead go off to the Riverlands in a pointless quest to find Sansa when we, the reader, knows she's at the Eyrie.
- Loras isn't arrested. Instead Cersei plants lies to the Faith Militant which accuses Margaery of infidelity and sleeping with her handmaidens.
- Varys doesn't escape with Tyrion. Tyrion instead is on a boat with new characters on the way to Mereen which could have huge significance for Westeros (but I won't spoil)
- Jaime and Bronn don't go to Dorne. Bronn is never heard from again, living out his life as a knight whereas Jaime is sent to Riverrun to try and secure peace.
- Arya is pretty much similar except Jaqen J'qhar  isn't the one teaching her.
- It's not Ellaria who wants to gain vengeance for Oberyn. Instead, it's a new character Arianne. Also there are more Sand Snakes, about 5 I think.
- There's a whole other story involving the Greyjoy family. Theon's uncles, as they try to gain leadership of the family and conquer Westeros as one sails out to try and woo over Daenerys.

There's probably a whole lot more I'm forgetting, but those are the main points.
-

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #472 on: May 13, 2015, 03:24:41 AM »
I don't even know what to expect anymore, between the new and changed storylines. Honestly, I just want to see the stories for Jon and Brienne to turn out like the books. Some of the other changes aren't a big deal to me, though. But I'm starting to confuse the show and book in my mind, so I'm thinking about a re-read of ADWD at least.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #473 on: May 13, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »
^Haha, me too!
The tv and book continuity is completely mashed in my head, especially since I've already forgotten so much that happened in the books.

A friend of mine read all five books over the course of the last year and sometimes would tell me about it and I was more often then not "uh oh yeah, there was that, i've completely forgotten about this XD"

I wonder if we'll ever see anyone from the Greyjoys again apart from Theon.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #474 on: June 03, 2015, 12:52:52 AM »
Yo how fucking sick was the latest episode?! I was in chills the moment the music kicked in as people ran to the boats. Then you've the shot of the four horsemen on the hill, the one shot where Jon runs to the hut to get the Dragonglass, Wun Wun bursting through the hut, that moment of surprise on Jon and the White Walker when Longclaw deflects the blow, Jon cutting through the White Walker into pieces, the wight children, the wights jumping off the cliff, Night King raising his army in total silence!!!!! AHHHHHH!!

It was probably one of the best episodes of the show. Not just for that, but Lena Headley and Sophie Turner were on point as Cersei and Sansa and those wonderful interactions with Tyrion and Dany. Something tells me that was our Episode 9 because I really just can't imagine the next two episodes topping that. Realistically I think they'll have the fighting pits and possibly what happens with Jon at the Wall. They're telegraphing who's going to do it pretty heavily in the show. I just dont see the Battle of Winterfell happening. Would love to be proved wrong! I hope Ramsey gets his against Stannis. He defeated the Greyjoys at sea, what's 20 of Ramsey's men to him? Surely he'll have scouts and all?! Oh who knows, two episodes left, let's just enjoy the ride!

Offline asdf111

• ecchi
  • ayaya ♥
« Reply #475 on: June 03, 2015, 08:32:02 AM »
Absolutely loved it.  Best episode yet, and I completely agree with everything you said.  I'm suddenly much more scared of the undead army.  (Before it was like, "whatever, Winter is coming, blah blah".)  But now I'm really scared for all of Westeros if they don't get their shit together.

I also loved seeing Arya be a secret agent faceless girl.  She's the best character, and I hope we get to see her doing more badass things soon.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #476 on: June 03, 2015, 09:14:15 PM »
Didn't think GoT could blow me away this season, esp. not with this episode, but it just did!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #477 on: June 04, 2015, 06:08:31 AM »
Easily the most epic episode in Got (maybe all tv). crazy.

I'm kinda baffled how they got enough money to even produce something so high quality for a weekly tv show. In a high-budget movie, maybe. But man, that bill must have a pretty long string of numbers.
The extras, CG, and action. I'm glad they pulled it off so perfectly, I'm not even going to ask how anymore... they must have some magicians for staff or something. :thumbup

Snow vs white walker.
I don't even remember seeing when Snow first got that sword from Jeor Mormont. So count me doubly surprised.
Needed to go internetz Longclaw for the info recap. :lol:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #478 on: June 04, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #479 on: June 04, 2015, 08:13:35 PM »
They must've saved their season's budget for that one episode, the fights in some previous episodes were really bad.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kuraki Mai - Time After Time ~Hana Mau Machi de~