JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Smile

Author Topic: Pink Vitriol (AtsuMina - COMPLETED) + Sequel - CHAPTER 4 (3/10/2012)  (Read 105009 times)

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
Re: [AKB48] Don't forget to remember me
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 09:05:30 AM »
 :banghead:
What did that Manager do to Acchan! If she had done something...  :mon zoom:
I don't like her personality. Too risky, unpredictable and arrogant. >_>

Love this chapter. ^^ Keep it up.  :twothumbs

Offline sorakamiya

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »
^ yeaaaaah....also curious what happen to acchan.... :banghead: :banghead: OMG i hope she is okay...  :( :(

well i guess her manager really scary this time... and want to know what happend next..  :shocked

you are such a good writer bou-j525  :thumbsup keep it up.... i dont mind if the chapter will be short but please update it as soon as u can...  :yep: :yep: i love this story...  :yep: :yep:  :cow: :cow:

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 06:45:50 AM »
omg! acchan got herself a wacko manager?!  :shocked
I was NOT expecting that! i didn't know this is a dark fic.  :shocked
doesn't mean I didn't like it though.  :twothumbs  :twothumbs
i like reading stories that draws emotions from me, which your fic did by the way.  :)
i'm really curious on how everything will play out in your fic. especially on what taka would do.
hope she kills that nutcase of a manger maeda has.  :angry:
go TAKA! bring out your lightsaber and...whack the wacko.  :lol:

anyway, hope you update as soon as you can.  :twothumbs

Offline dee1711

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 08:21:49 AM »
OMG!!! What's gonna happen to Acchan??? You make me sooo worried.. If that B***ch manager lay a finger on Acchan, just let Takamina kick her ass!! Ahh.. I didn't expect this either..

Seriously, you created an incredible fic! I love to read what I can't predict.. luckily, I have a lot of that stuff recently.. haha.. Can't wait for your next update.

Offline riama

• Oshima Yuko..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »
Great chapter.
I'm waitin for the update :grin:

utube      |     tumblr

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 03:31:06 AM »
Well... looks like JPHIP went down November 8th to me... so how come people posted comments at November 9th?! >.< And I have to go read chapter 15 of FoF's fic >_<
So yeah, I tried to post this chapter from November 8th since today, but the forum was always "down for maintenance", so I'm late... blame it on the forum, not on me xD

Also -->
I know I shouldn't say this but I'm scared of the 'main character got raped' kind of fics so I really don't know if I could read the next chapter :(,
Omg thank for telling me  :nervous I kinda forgot some people may not like this kind of situation, so thank to remind me about it. Well, I know I shouldn't spoil you guys, but since some people may not like it: DON'T WORRY, NO RAPE SCENES IN THIS FANFIC. First, I don't know English enough to write about it :nervous . And second, as I say before, I don't want some of you to dislike my story because of it. Even though it would be great to have this kind of situation, I won't make them.
So to answer your question, yes, you can read it without fear.
This story may looks like a dark one, but later... It will get better. Maybe... Probably. Anyways, I'm not as cruel as you think I am XD I'd rather focus on the character's feelings ^^
Finally.... THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!!  :bow:

Chapter 4

Takamina laughed as she saw Yuko doing her chicken imitation. Honestly, how could Yuko imitate a chicken so good? It was so funny! Even after a hundred times, she was laughing as much as the first time she saw it. Yuko stopped and came back to sit with the others.

“So this is your famous imitation? It’s really credible!” The presenter said.

Takahashi Minami, Oshima Yuko, Kashiwagi Yuki, Sasshihara Rino, Watanabe Mayu, Shinoda Mariko, Akimoto Sayaka and Kasai Tomomi were all participating at a TV show. They were here to talk about the next concert of AKB48. It was the last thing they had to do before leaving for Paris. Their departure was tomorrow.

“Thank you!” Yuko said. “I always do it when I feel we need to laugh.”

“So, tomorrow you’re all going to leave. All the 48 members are going to do a concert in Paris, right? It’s the first time all the group will leave Japan!”

“Yes.” Takamina said. “We’re going to do two concerts in Paris. The first one will be during the Japan Expo and the next one a week after the event. We wanted to be sure everyone could go to one of them.”

“We need to thank everyone!” Sasshi added. “If we’re so popular, it’s because of Japanese fans, but also because of overseas fans that support us! We want them to know we like them.”

“How do you feel when you think it’s the first time everybody leaves Japan together?”

“I think it’s a great thing.” Mariko explained as everyone nodded. “It’s the first time overseas fans will see the entire group. I think its represents the fact that we’re becoming popular. And also, overseas fans must have different oshimen, so it’s great they could be able to see their favourite member.”

“We hope Japanese fans aren’t mad at us for leaving like this.” Kasai laughed.

“Are you able to speak French?” The presenter asked. “I know some of you already went to Paris.”

“We have learned a little…” Takamina said.

They all laughed. Their lessons about French had been the more ridiculous ever. They wondered if the fans would be able to understand them. Even thought they had sung “Sakura no hanabiratachi” in French once, it didn’t mean they could speak French. Not at all.

“Sayaka can talk in English, so at least they will understand a bit.” Mayuyu said. “But I’m really happy I had the chance to learn a bit more than “my name is”.

“Really? What can you say?”

“Merci de votre… Supp… Suppart?” Mayuyu said.

Everybody laughed as Sayaka corrected her.

“Merci de votre support. [thank for your support]” Sayaka said.

“On espère pouvoir revenir bientôt. [We hope we could come back soon] ” Mariko added. “And also… How do we say that… Oh yeah! We will ask them “Voulez-vous que l’on revienne? [Do you want us to come back]” And also “Qui est votre membre pré…pré….”

“Préférée. [Who’s your oshimen]” Kasai corrected.

They could say some others phrases, but nothing too hard.

“We still had difficulties with the “r”.” Sasshi said. “I wonder how French people could talk this way! It’s so hard!”

“I’m sure they wonder how you can talk so fast in Japanese.” Yuko pointed.

“When will the group come back to Japan?” The co-presenter asked.

“After the second concert, we’ll stay another day for an AKBingo special episode in France. And then we’ll come back.” Takahashi said.

“Really? It’s a long trip! Anything to say to the fans here?”

“We’ll miss you, but we’ll come back as soon as possible!” Yuko said.

They were about to finish the recording when the presenter asked them another question.

“One last question we received from a fan before the show. I know it’s been a long time, but how do you think it will go since it’s the first time AKB48 leaves Japan without Maeda Atsuko?”

“We know Acchan had overseas fans too so we expect some of them to ask us about her even if it’s been a year. Some things can’t change. Acchan was an important part of AKB48, so we think questions about her are inevitable. We are prepared for everything. And even if we’re sad she’s not here, I think everyone’s fine.” Yukirin said.

Everybody nodded. The presenter talked about them and their departure a bit and then, the show was over. The members went in different ways. Kasai and Mayuyu had photoshoot while Sasshi, Yukirin and Sayaka had to go somewhere else for another TV show. Mariko and Yuko had two hours off so they decided to spend time together as Takamina left them. She wanted to practice again. And since she had free time too, she was going to walk around a little before. It was 13 o’clock. Mariko and Yuko had already eaten.

“I’m glad everything came back as usual.” Mariko said.

“I can’t believe we’re going to be in Paris tomorrow!” Yuko said.

They were going to leave tomorrow morning at five o’clock. They couldn’t wait more. Fashion, food, concerts, fans… It was going to be epic.

“It’s nice. The group will finally go overseas all together. Even Takamina seemed to be happier!” Yuko said.

“I know! Isn’t it great?” Mariko pointed. “I thought she was depressed because of Acchan, but during those past two weeks, I thought I saw the real Takamina. The one we’ve always knew!”

They were both smiling. During the two weeks of practice, Takamina changed. She wasn’t the same. She was smiling more than before, she was the captain they had always known. She was back.

“It’s great… I don’t know why she suddenly changed so much, but I’m glad she’s back. I couldn’t believe it when she called me to wake up! I thought I was dreaming!” Yuko continued.

“Do you think she saw Acchan?” Mariko asked.

“It’s impossible. We’ve practiced a lot. I didn’t even have the time to update my blog! And Takamina was always the first one to come the morning… And the last one to leave too. If she has seen Acchan, she must have a twin.”

“Well, I guess she like France.”

“Or French guys.”

They both laughed. It would be great if it was that simple. Of course, they knew it couldn’t be only that, but seeing Takamina positive again made them happy. The last year had been horrible. It was nice to know she was still able to laugh. Yuko was about to add something when Mariko asked:

“So… How it’s going between you and Haruna?”

“Well, it’s normal.” She answered.

“Nothing more?” Mariko asked, surprised.

“I did nothing if it what you wanted to know. And I’m not going to do anything for now. We’re fine.”

Mariko frowned. Like she could believe something that stupid… But she didn’t say it.

Takamina was walking around the street. Three weeks. Three weeks since she had received Acchan’s last “good night” message. Three weeks since she had discovered that there was more than “Acchan” in her life. She had not received a little mail from Acchan since that day she had fallen asleep instead of waiting for it. And tomorrow, she would be leaving for France.
Those past three weeks had been crazy. She had worked like never before. She had practiced until she fell asleep on the dance floor. But everyday, she took a moment to think about what had happened the morning she hadn’t received Acchan’s mail.
That morning, she had felt bad. She had wanted to sleep again. And when she had seen that Acchan hadn’t sent her a message, it had been like a slap in her face. She had been sad. She had almost cried. Was it the end? Had Acchan forgotten about her already? Was their friendship dead like others members had told her? She had felt… Alone. Without anyone by her side. She had felt exactly the same as the week after Acchan had left AKB48. Alone. A part of her was gone. She had thought nobody was there to support her now. Acchan was like a sister to her. She had lost a part of herself.

How could she still live without a part of herself being gone?

It was when she had realized how stupid she had been until now. Her first though was that she had been stupid to care only about Acchan while the group needed her so much. She had not received a mail that day. So what? Was she dead? Was she crying and praying for a mail? No. She wasn’t. She was as usual. Nothing had changed. It wasn’t because Acchan hadn’t sent her a mail that it was the end of the world.

It wasn’t because Acchan hadn’t sent her a mail that she had to cry.

Of course, she missed her mails. A lot. Really, she missed them. But there was no way she could change the fact that Acchan was probably busy with her own work. What was she thinking? Was she hoping that the mails would last forever? No… it was impossible. The fact that she hadn’t got a mail… kind of bring her back to reality. It was okay to miss Acchan. It wasn’t great to think only about her though. She missed Acchan. She missed having fun together, crying together, eating together, and talking together… Like Acchan, she missed her old life. She wanted to come back one year ago… Maybe she would have had enough strength to tell her to stay with her now… Maybe she wouldn’t have been so afraid of telling her she was going to miss her.

But she was trapped in the present.

But still… Even though she had not received a mail… It had been okay for the first three days. And after, she had started to wonder about the reasons why Acchan had suddenly stopped her mails without a word. She had sent her a mail, asking her if everything was alright. The only answer she had had was “I can’t talk to you now.” How was she supposed to take it? Was it a great new? It meant her work went well, right? Or was it a bad news to know that her worst bad dream had become reality… Acchan was so busy that she couldn’t talk to her anymore. Takamina had started to think that Acchan hadn’t time to talk to her. She hadn’t time for their friendship. She was busy. She had a life, a job, dreams… and she was working for it. Unlike her. She had been sad for a day. And then she had become herself, the captain who always worked hard for her team.

She had come to the conclusion that Acchan was fine...She didn’t need her for now.
She had come to the conclusion that she had to think about her own life.
And then, she had doubted about her own words… What if Acchan wasn’t alright?

“But I guess she is…” Takamina thought as she walked towards the dance studio to practice again for their next concert.

As she walked, she saw posters of Acchan announcing her new drama. It was a love story between her and an actor she didn’t know. It reminded her of Q10, the drama Acchan had worked on when she was with AKB48… Just before she left. Except this time, Acchan wasn’t playing a robot, but a real woman. Somehow it was funny. Her character was a woman really busy with her work. The unknown actor played a random guy coming from nowhere who suddenly fell in love with her. And between them, there was Acchan’s character’s best friend who was jealous of the two lovers. Takamina started to think that if there was a remake, Acchan would still play her character… the random guy would be replaced by “work”… and she would probably be the best friend. And she wondered which one Acchan’s character chose at the end…

Flash Back

What was going on? How did she get in such a situation? What was happening now? The door was closed. It was closed. In others words, she couldn’t escape from her bedroom. She couldn’t do anything but stay here while her manager was by her side. Her hand was on her shoulder. Acchan was shaking. What exactly was going on right now? What was she going to do?

“I’m sorry,” Hiroko said, “You must think I’m crazy. But I want to talk to you seriously.”

“What do you mean?” Acchan finally said.

“I am the one who control your career. You must know that.”

So what… What did she mean by that? How was she supposed to take it? She started to breathe again as her manager moved apart.

“I don’t think you understand what it means. Why don’t you trust me more? I can see you’re afraid of me right now. I don’t want it to be like this. We should work together.”

Together? But Acchan was afraid something could happen. It wasn’t like the first time she had met the members of AKB48. That time, she had felt she could trust them, but with her manager… She didn’t feel at ease.

“I don’t like when you read the blog of the members of AKB48. They’re from your past now.”

“So what?”

“Past belongs to past. You have to realize that you can’t always think of AKB48. It will handicap you when you’ll work!”

“No! I mean… until now, I gained popularity, right? And I was thinking of my old group all the time! So it doesn’t matter!”

“You know you can trust me instead of thinking about them. It was just a little group where hopeless girls go when they believe it will help them to realize their dream.”

What? No! She couldn’t. She couldn’t accept it…

“In case you still haven’t realized it, I was in AKB48, and I wasn’t hopeless!”

She thought a little about Takamina before she added:

“AKB48 isn’t a group where “hopeless” girls go! It’s a real job where members work hard in order to realize their dream! They don’t believe it will help them, they know it!”

Her manager moved closer.  Acchan didn’t know what was happening. She wanted to flee far away from here. She was breathing heavily. She couldn’t move. She couldn’t say anything. She couldn’t…

“Why did you leave your perfect group then?” Hiroko asked as she touched Acchan’s shoulder.

Acchan didn’t say anything.

“If everything was so nice with them, why did you leave? Do you know? I will tell you why. You realized that nothing could happen if you stayed in the group. You realized that even if it was fun, it wasn’t a real job. It wasn’t a job that would help you to survive. You realized AKB48 couldn’t bring you what you really wanted.”

Well, right now, she wanted to see Takamina and AKB48 could have brought her Takamina, so Hiroko’s argument wasn’t the best one. She looked everywhere, trying to find an excuse or a way to go out of here. She didn’t want to stay here alone with her. She was afraid of what her manager could do. She wanted to call someone to help her… Maybe Takamina… But as she moved her hand to take her cell phone, Hiroko innocently said:

“I’m sure you don’t want to buy a new phone…” 

Acchan froze. She stopped moving her hand. She stopped thinking about her phone though she was screaming in her head for Takamina. Her friend would know what to do. She would protect her. Like she had always did when she was in AKB48. She would help her to flee… She would find a way… Why didn’t she call her before? Why?

“Listen to me. I know you must think I’m overreacting about your group… But soon or later, you will loose popularity because of this…”

She stopped talking a little, thinking about something.

“I heard you were Takahashi Minami’s best friend in the group. Is that right?”

What the hell did Hiroko want to say about Takahashi! Acchan was ready to fight. Nobody could talk about her friend in a bad way.

“Yes…”

“You still think about her right? Was it her you were going to call?”

“Yes.” Acchan’s voice wasn’t shaking anymore.

“This is the best example I can give to you. If you don’t stop thinking about her, you won’t be able to work correctly. What did you think? That you could stay friend with her for the rest of your life? NO! You are popular now. You have to be friend with popular people. Is Takahashi popular? No. I know, you say she will be because her dream is to be a well known singer… But she won’t!”

Acchan glared at her manager with a curious feeling. She wanted to kill her. Nobody could talk about Takamina in a bad way. EVER.

“She has a great voice, right… But she won’t be popular. Because fans don’t want a mini boyish singer. They want someone like you. Cute, popular, nice… someone who’s a winner.”

“Are you saying Takamina isn’t?”

“She’s not like you. Once she’ll be popular, if she ever became popular, she will have her own friends. She won’t have time to think about you either.”

Acchan didn’t like the way the conversation turned out. It wasn’t true! What was that?! Takamina would always have time to talk with her… Right? She hated herself for believing Hiroko for a second. It wasn’t true. It could not be true.

“Come here.” Her manager commanded her.

Hiroko was sitting on her bed, waiting for her to come. But Acchan didn’t move. She couldn’t. She wanted to open the door and run as fast as she could. She never knew things would turn out this way. It was becoming dangerous. Hiroko grabbed her arm and forced her to sit by her side. Acchan was anxious to death. She was sitting on her bed… with a frightening manager by her side… and she couldn’t call anybody. It wasn’t the scenario she had imagined for tonight.

“Sleep. I know you’re tired…”

Acchan was way too scared to sleep. Her heart was pounding hard. Hiroko was so closed to her… They were so closed she could hear her breathe… And they were talking a minute ago! How could she sleep now?! Acchan lay down on her bed, knowing it was the only solution for her to be more distanced from Hiroko. She thought about Takamina and it helped her to stay calm… Or at least it helped her to not scream. She couldn’t close her eyes. Her manager was staring at her.

“Close your eyes.”

Hikoro’s voice was gentle, like she really cared about Acchan. The idol closed her eyes. She had to do it or she would regret it. She felt it. She dived into darkness. She saw nothing but black. As she began to breathe in a normal way, her manager’s voice came back to hunt her.

“I like the way you are now.” She heard her manager whispered. “You know, when you sleep, you don’t think about AKB48, right?”

She felt a pressure on her shoulder. Her manager must have put her head on it. She heard her manager sighed. And she kept thinking about Takamina. She wouldn’t be so calm if she didn’t. She needed to think about her friend to stay calm. Otherwise, she would just break into pieces. She wanted to cry but couldn’t. Her manager did nothing to her… She didn’t touch her…It was just the situation she didn’t like. Acchan would remember this feeling all her life from now on. The feeling of waiting for a friend that wouldn’t come.

Acchan slowly opened her eyes after what seemed to be an eternity. Hiroko was sleeping. Her head was on Acchan’s shoulder. If she hadn’t done what she did before, Acchan would have thought it was only a nice friend, sleeping like a baby.

But she knew she wasn’t. She went outside and, while the wind began to caress her face, she began to sob.

End of Flash Back

She was still thinking about this moment. She was in a café, doing nothing. It’s been three weeks now. The three longest weeks of her life. She had stopped to send mail to Takamina after this incident. She wanted to, but she was afraid Hiroko would get upset about it. She didn’t want to loose her friend, but she was ashamed of what had happened. She had left AKB48 to work on her new job. She couldn’t tell Takamina she did the wrong choice a year after her graduation. She couldn’t tell her she wasn’t as happy now… Takamina would hate her. Or at least, she thought she would. She was afraid of asking her for help. She knew Takamina would be the first one to help her if she needed, but she didn’t want to bother her. She had read AKB48 was going to France in the newspapers. She couldn’t ask her friend to stay with her when there was something so important happening to her. She couldn’t ask her to choose between her and AKB48. It would kill Takamina, and she knew it.

So she endured it. She endured her manager, because she knew if she didn’t, she would have nothing left to her. She would have left AKB48 for nothing. Her manager had done the same thing twice. One the next day after the first event… And the second a week ago. She had threatened Acchan. To her, Acchan HAD to stop thinking about her old group. If she didn’t, she would make sure her career would be dead. She always said the same thing: She would regret it later. She controlled her. Acchan could do nothing. She was not strong enough to confront her. She couldn’t ask for help… others wouldn’t believe her. Others saw Hiroko as the perfect manager since Acchan was always the number one idol and actress.

The first time Acchan had met her, she looked nice. She was a beautiful woman, ready to work with her in order to make her the best idol of Japan. She had told her how glad she was to work with her, how they would do their best… They had almost become friends. Sure, they weren’t as friendly as Acchan was with the AKB members, but they still laughed together. They had normal conversations together… The last thing Acchan would have thought about her was that she was so… cruel. Even when Hiroko had begun to act strangely, Acchan had still trusted her… It was only after the bathroom event that she had wanted to tell someone… But now it was too late. She had discovered why Hiroko had been in the bathroom. When she had looked at her cell phone after, she had seen all her pictures had been deleted. She had waited too much. Not that Hiroko had touched her… But the way she had talked to her…

“Acchan?” A voice asked.

The idol turned around and saw Sae standing in front of her table. She hadn’t seen her approached.

“Sae?” She asked, surprised to meet her here. “Long time no see!”

They hugged. Sure, they had not being in the same team, but it didn’t matter. Acchan liked Sae a lot. They hadn’t talked a lot together after her departure, but it was great to see her again. And it helped her to forget a little about her crazy manager.

“I thought all the members were busied to pack their things for France.” She said with a smile. “You’re going to leave tomorrow, right?”

“I was just going to buy something to eat. I haven’t eaten anything since seven o’clock. I’ll prepare right after.”

Sae was glad she could see Acchan before leaving. She knew the actress/idol was really busy. It was surprising she wasn’t working now. When she asked Acchan about it, her friend just answered:

“It’s hard to believe, but actually I have a break. I have nothing do to until 6 pm.”

“Really? Why didn’t you call us! It’d be great to have some news sometimes you know!”

“I’m sorry… I know you’re all busy with the trip so I thought I would disturb you.”

“There’s no way you would. We talked about you today. Everyone miss you, but it’s okay. We know you’re leaving your dream now, so we’re glad for you. ” She smiled.

They stopped talking a little as Sae buy her food. Acchan wanted to scream that, no, she wasn’t that happy… but she couldn’t.

“I’m sorry, I don’t have a lot of time to talk with you… But I hope you’re fine with your work! We’re proud of you, you know.” Sae apologized.

“Don’t worry,” Acchan smiled, “I hope your trip will be alright. France looked so nice.”

Sae stared at Acchan. Somehow, she could see sadness in her eyes. It was really faint though, but…

“Takamina miss you.” She suddenly said.

“Really?” Acchan asked. “I miss her too.”

“I mean…”

Sae didn’t know how to say it to make Acchan understand how much Takamina seemed to miss her in the group.

“I mean, maybe you should call her before we leave… she’d be happy.”

Sae knew she couldn’t do a lot for the captain of Team A, but meeting Acchan now… She just had to say it. And then again, Acchan looked so… confused. She left as Acchan promised her she would do if she had time. But the girl didn’t have the intention to call her. She didn’t want to disturb her. She knew Takamina must be crazy about the concert… She didn’t need to bother her more. But maybe she could send her a mail… It’s been already three weeks…

And last time, she had answered nothing more than “I can’t talk to you now.” It hadn’t really nice from her. Takamina deserved more than that kind of mail. But it was the only thing she could have told her before. Takamina would probably think she had work and that was perfect. She wouldn’t care too much about her. She couldn’t have told her “I’m sorry, my manager is threatening me”, right? But since her friend would be overseas for a long time… Maybe it was time to her to start sending mail to her again. She opened her phone. She still didn’t know if she had to send her a mail or not.   

“I can't turn this around
I keep running into walls that I can't break down
I said I just wander around
With my eyes wide shut because of you”

Takamina closed her Ipod. She liked the refrain of this song, even though she didn’t like the artist too much. She had discovered this song after Acchan’s graduation. She thought it represented how she felt about it. Her work was done. She only had to wait until... her departure. She wondered if Acchan knew they were going to France… Well, she must know it because it had been in every newspapers of Tokyo. She liked how AKB48 was getting more popularity overseas. She had always been afraid that overseas people would not like them… The fans couldn’t understand anything… She had been really surprise when letters from overseas fans had begun to arrive. It had been a great new.

She was at home, reading fan letter she had had from those fans. The fans she was going to meet in less than a week. It was crazy. She knew some fans from America would be there too. She was so exited she almost didn’t sleep all night. She stayed awake, reading their letters again and again. She didn’t want to read those with the name of Acchan inside. She didn’t want to think about Acchan. She wanted to forget about her. If she began to think about her, she would forget about AKB48 again. She wanted to focus on AKB48. It wasn’t the time to be confused by Acchan. Her cell phone rang.

“Takamina, where are you?” Miichan’s voice asked.

“I’m home.”

It was now 6 o’clock pm. It was perfectly normal she was home. She wanted to relax before leaving.

“We have a party remember?! To celebrate our trip to France!”

Really? Takamina looked at her calendar. Crap. She had forgotten.

“Um… I…”

“Don’t tell me you can’t come!” Miichan interrupted her. “We’re waiting for you!”

She hanged up. Takamina went outside. She had no choice but to go. She locked her door, knowing she would probably not come back until the end of their trip to France. 

She arrived to Yuko’s apartment. There were balloons everywhere and majority of the members was there.     

“Come inside!” Yuko screamed as she saw Takamina. “We’ll have fun now!”

She gave her a cocktail. Takamina knew she wasn’t supposed to drink, but she was old enough now. She told herself it wasn’t that bad… It would probably help her to be more positive. Music was playing everywhere. It wasn’t too loud though. It wasn’t the kind of parties clubs had. It was just having great time with friends. It couldn’t be bad to her. She really needed to laugh.

“Come here Takamina!” Sasshi said.

Everyone was in the living room, watching old videos or talking together. The ambiance was nice. Some members didn’t drink anything, but Takamina felt better with a little alcohol in her body. It couldn’t be that bad. She knew her limit though and didn’t take another.

“Where are Tomochin and Tomomi?” She asked.

“They said they didn’t want to come. They want to be together. They’re boring.” Yuko said.

Yuko was excited. It was nice to be with her friends… And Haruna was here too. She was in heaven. Nothing could be bad now. Takamina heard some conversations, but didn’t really want to say anything. She felt great the way she was, just listening to them and laughing about their jokes.

“You should be happier than that.” Mariko said to her.

“I am.” Takamina answered.

Why did everybody still think she was unhappy! She was! She really was! There was no way she could be mad, right?! Seriously, did she have to smile all the time to show them she was okay?

“Okay… But don’t cry when we’ll leave.” Mariko said.

The captain smiled.

“I have no reasons to.”

Mariko stared at her. She wanted to believe her… But… But there was always a “but” somewhere and she felt she had to say “but”. Takamina apologized to her as she walked in the kitchen to take something to eat. She was hungry and since she had come after all the other, there was no food left. They had eaten everything. She felt bad for Yuko who had to receive everyone. And they would probably leave directly to the airport. Her friend would have lot of cleanup to do when she would come back. She heard a conversation from Yuko’s bedroom as she walked in the hallway. It was Miichan and Haruna. Takamina sighed. Every time she heard someone talking secretly with someone else, it had to be them. She didn’t want to hear them since she knew it wouldn’t be really nice from her but…

“She said that?” Haruna’s voice said.

“Yes.”

“Acchan called you and…”

“Shh! Don’t scream. She called me yesterday. She said she had called nobody else.”

Takamina froze. Acchan had called Miichan? Yesterday?

“She hopes we’ll have a nice trip. She said she missed us. But she also said she didn’t want Takamina to know she called me.” Miichan whispered.

“Why?” Haruna asked.

It was exactly the same question Takamina had on mind now.

“I’m not sure… She said she didn’t want to talk to her now…”

Takamina left. She had heard enough. Acchan didn’t want to talk to her? Well… It wasn’t exactly what she wanted to hear, but she had to respect this point. She didn’t want to hear more.

Unfortunately, Miichan had not finished talking.

“She also asked me for help. She had something to say to Takamina about a problem, but she doesn’t know how to talk about it.”

Haruna didn’t answer. She didn’t understand exactly what was going on. Acchan wanted to talk to Takamina to ask her about a problem, but she didn’t know how? Why? She and Takamina were best friends. It couldn’t be so important…

“She didn’t tell me more. She told me she had to leave. But before, she wanted me to promise her I won’t tell anybody… But I’m worried.”

“I don’t know what it could be… She didn’t give you a hint? Something that could help you to understand?”

Miichan chose her word carefully before she said:

“I’m not sure… But I think I heard a woman telling her she had to hang up if she didn’t want her cell phone to be broken.”

They both froze. They were about to leave for to France… They couldn’t help their friend. It was painful for them to do nothing to help Acchan.

Acchan was working again. She hadn’t seen her manager yet. She wanted to leave the studio as soon as possible. She felt bad when she was working now. She didn’t feel as comfortable now… She was always anxious. She knew her play was probably horrible now. She couldn’t be her character. She couldn’t understand her character nor understand her feelings. All she had on mind was Hiroko. Hiroko… and what her manager did to her.

Just before the beginning of the recording, she had received a mail from her manager, telling her she would be waiting for her at the end of her work. She was afraid. She was afraid it might be true. As she opened the main door of the studio, she saw a black car waiting in the street. She knew this car. It was her manager’s. She felt like she had a lump in her stomach. She knew her manager had probably already seen her. All she could do was walking in the car’s direction.

As she reached the car, the door opened automatically.

“Remember,” her manager pointed to her as the idol sat by her side, “You own me popularity. To me, not to anybody else.”

What a cruel woman… But Acchan had no choice. She said nothing as the car left.

“Let’s go to my home this time…”

Acchan froze. It was the words she had feared almost everyday. She opened her mouth.

“Don’t say anything.” Her manager commanded.

“She’s going to kill me. She knows I talked to Miichan…” Acchan thought as she felt more anxious.

They arrived at Hiroko’s home. It was late. Acchan had no idea what the time could be. Midnight, maybe… Or one in the morning…

“Come in.” Hiroko said.

At the beginning, it was nothing bad. They ate together. As friend would do. Except Acchan didn’t feel she was eating with a friend. She felt Hiroko was a predator. A woman who waited to attack. But this time, Acchan felt ready. She felt ready to protect herself. Takamina would want her to protect herself. She would probably want her to attack too. She would say something like “Don’t let the other control you”. And Acchan wanted to do as Takamina would say.

“Sit here.” Hiroko said as she pointed the couch. “Don’t be afraid, I just want to talk.”

Acchan didn’t trust her for a second, but did as she said.

“See?” Her manager asked. “There’s nothing bad now. Stop believing I would rape you or something pervert like this. I’m not like this, understand?”

Achcan didn’t know if it was true, but she told herself that if it was, Hiroko would probably have done it. So she thought it must be true. But still, she was ready to attack.

“Let’s begin… Can I have your cell phone?”

Acchan left Hiroko house. She wasn’t asleep even though it was late. She had no idea how much time had passed. She was not crying, she was not sobbing… She was… nothing. She felt she had lost something about herself. She had been ready to attack… Like Takamina would probably have told her if she had called her.

But tonight, her manager went further than before… Acchan didn’t know exactly was her manager had done, but she had seen her sending a mail to someone. Then… She had taken her phone… And she had given her another one.
In her head, she had screamed so loud for help… For an unreachable help.
She opened her phone… Her new phone. She hoped it wasn’t too late… But it was. The only number she had on her phone was Hiroko’s. Takamina had changed her phone a week ago. She didn’t know her number by heart. She knew it because it was on her phone, but now… She was alone.

Takamina was in the airplane with the others members. They were ready to leave. The party had finished five hours ago. They had arrived to the airport at three o’clock in the morning. Two hours later, they were sitting in the airplanes, waiting for it to leave Narita airport. Takamina was smiling with excitement. She had waited all her life for this moment. France, AKB48, success… it was perfect.

“Are you sure you’ll be alright?” Miichan asked Takamina for the third time.

“Stop worrying about me!” Takamina answered with an angry voice.

She was not that sad! She wanted the others to understand. If she needed to be mad at her for that, she would be! Sure, she would miss Acchan, but since she had not received news from her since three weeks, it wasn’t so bad. And she couldn’t help but feel disappointed about the fact that Acchan had talked to Miichan instead of her. She closed her eyes, waiting for the takeoff. She opened them faster. She had forgotten to close her phone. She opened it and was about to close it when she received a mail. Acchan’s name appeared on her screen. Her anger vanished as she read the words that were on the screen.

“I don’t want to talk to you anymore.”

The airplane left at the same time. Takamina stared at the window for a long time. Mariko had told her not to cry… She didn’t. Was it true? Acchan really didn’t want to talk to her?

She wanted to get out of this airplane. But she was already gone.

TBC

ENDNOTE: Chapter 5's already finished since I had time because the forum was down. But I'll post it later... Or maybe sooner if I got many comments from you  :grin:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:38:02 AM by bou-j525 »

Offline thedeath93

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 06:05:25 AM »
Thanks you so much for the update and for your having read my comments, I really didn't you would care (sorry about that) :P

Offline Japanime1

• AtsuMina biased. ;)
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 10:18:43 AM »
Yo, bou! Just wanted to leave a comment to let you know I'm still reading your fic. A great one at that.

But OMG...can I kill Acchan's manager!? C'mon, just let me throw a few punches so she looks like this -> :bleed eyes:
Of course, AFTER Takamina does the job first.
Seriously, that Hiro-ugh I don't even want to say her name. D: She goes way beyond creeper level.
I know she has a tiny bit of good intentions to keep Acchan's career on top...but what she's doing is just... ...is it my turn to beat her up yet? :tama-mad:

And what's worse is that from the beginning to end of this chapter, we knew Takamina (and AKB as a whole) wouldn't be in Japan to physically help Acchan if Acchan had the guts to just tell them straight of what's happening. :doh: And now there's a whole misunderstanding and more drama. :doh: :doh:

Oh well, I guess that's what I like about fics like this. So keep writing. :)
WTF, I've been a member here since 2008 and this is my first post!?...Congrats. XD *back to lurking and giving thanks*

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »
 :shocked I want to friggin kill that manager of hers. QBOQBFBLAKSB!  :banghead:

How could she be too cruel to Acchan... >_> She's so selfish...

And... what would happen now? Their friendship (or more than that) to be destroyed by this...  :smhid

Anyway, I know how it is when you want to post something or read but the site has been down. I'm glad it is back on. ^^

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am the SPARKLE KING~!
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »
Is it alright to kill the manager of hers? Ya know like stay about a mile or so away with a sniper and go BANG~!? :3 that would be nice...  that would be very nice... :D

on another note... please post up the next chapter (>.<) someone save Acchan!!! D;

Offline immo

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »
Hmmm... I've decided to take a page out of Acchan's manager's books.

I'm gonna be manipulative.

Since I know the both of you read my fic too... with-holding chapter 21 until I get an update from both you and FoF. :D

MWAHAHAHHA...

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
Thanks for all your comments  :bow: Okay, more enthusiasm: THANKS YOU!!!!!  :bow:  :cow:

So... look like everyone here wants to kill the manager  :nervous
... Choose a number between 1 and 10 and the right one will get the chance to kill her! XD  :lol:

By the way, immo, I hate you.  :smhid

I was supposed to post it only Wednesday… but here's chapter 5! (Already?! O_O) I don't know for you guys, but I miss Taka and Acchan talking together...

Again, sorry for the mistakes.

Chapter 5

“I don’t want to talk to you…” This sentence hunts me. What do you mean by this? I’m coming back… I’m coming back to see you, Acchan. I’m glad I can come back sooner than the others members. Akimoto-san has been very nice with me. He gave me a week off. I worked hard on those two concerts, but I’m not going to participate to the AKBingo recording. I’m coming back now… I want to know the reason of your sudden rejection. We’ve been friends for a long time, right? Why did you suddenly say you didn’t want to talk me? I didn’t stop thinking about it all the time. I couldn’t even work properly. I thought I couldn’t do it.

Some fans were asking me about you, about your new life and your career. They were curious. It surprised me they knew so much about you. Some told me it was because they had people who were translating the Japanese articles about you. It surprised me to see them so organized about AKB48 things. It’s great, isn’t it? It means they really like us. But as they were asking me everything about you, I realized that I couldn’t answer. Are you truly happy? Are you working as hard as before? Do you miss AKB48 as hard as they miss you in the group? With whom are you working? Are they nice with you? What will you do once you’ll finish your drama? So many questions I didn’t know the answer. That’s when I realized I didn’t know anything about your new life. That’s when I realized how far you seemed from me.

I’m coming back now... because I want to see you. I want to learn about you again. Even if you don’t want to talk to me, I’ll look at you. Maybe you could see my feelings instead of hearing them.

Takamina was thinking about Acchan in the taxi. She was heading for her house. She was sleepy. Her trip to France had drained all her energy. And the fact that she was supposed to sleep (it was midnight in Paris) didn’t help her. She wanted to see her friend now… But she knew the first thing she would do if she saw Acchan’s bed would be sleeping. So she decided to go to her house first. She was going to need to have all her energy if there was a confrontation with Acchan. She wondered if the French fans already knew she was coming back sooner to Japan… The Japanese fans had already talked about it in the news. She sighed as she remembered how hard it was to have privacy in her life because she was an idol.

As the taxi stopped in front of her house, she opened her phone. There was no message. She had not received a mail from Acchan after the one that hunted her day and night. She had not sent an answer to it too. She thought what she had to say needed to be said in live. She walked in her house and lay down on her bed. As soon as her eyes were closed, she was sleeping. She missed her “good night” mails too.

She woke up earlier than she thought. To her surprise, Haruna had sent her a mail saying the entire group hoped she was alright and they hoped her airplane hadn’t crash. Very funny.
She suddenly remembered the reason why she had come back sooner. She had to talk to Acchan. It was a death or life question. She ate as fast as she could and went outside. It was sunny. It wasn’t cold neither hot. It was midday. It was perfect. Since she had no idea where Acchan was, she sent her a mail. Then, she waited for an answer. She waited… she didn’t know how long she had waited, but when the answer finally came, it was not really a nice one.

“Told you I didn’t want to talk to you.”

Takamina frowned. Even if it were true, Acchan would never be so cold with someone. Even if she… it broke her heart to think Acchan really didn’t want to talk to her. Maybe she should respect it… But she knew she couldn’t. She had to know the reason. Even if it was hopeless, she needed to know why her friend had changed so much. She didn’t recognize her. So she did the only thing she knew she had to do. She began to run in the street. If Acchan didn’t want to talk to her, she would force her to. She would find her and she would talk to her. She had already missed the chance to tell her how she felt during their last conversation after her graduation, she would not miss the chance now. Acchan needed to know how much Takamina missed her. 

While Acchan was working hard on her episode, Hiroko closed her old phone. This Takamina had sent her a mail. After so long time, she thought she would have forgotten about Acchan! She had had no choice but to answer the same thing. Maybe she would understand now. She knew Acchan would never stop talking to her friend from AKB48. So she had to make her friend stop talking to her. She had to. She was sure of it. Really… all she did was because she was afraid for Acchan. She just knew if she told Acchan, she would not believe her. She knew maybe she was wrong… But she didn’t want the same thing to happen a second time.

“I hate you.”

She sent another mail… Just to be sure.

Takamina read the mail and froze. She hated her? Acchan said she hated her? After saying she didn’t want to talk to her anymore? Nothing could be worst than that. Nothing could be worst… How could it be? All the time they had passed together, had she already forgotten it? But then again, she had the feeling Acchan could never act like that. She had the feeling her friend, if she was still her friend, would never do something like that… So she ran even faster.

She was going to every place she knew Acchan liked. She was asking to the employees if they had seen her, if somebody they knew had seen her… but she got nothing but negative answers. She hated being in this kind of situation. She felt like she was chasing after something invisible. She felt like she was walking on an endless road. She felt like she was the only one trying to save their friendship… She kept repeating to herself that it couldn’t be true. It couldn’t be true… More than five years of friendship… It couldn’t be erased so easily.

She was out of breathe when she reached Acchan’s house. She would wait here. It may take all her the week off she had, but she would wait for her friend to come back. She sat on the stairs and waited. She was definitely going to talk to Acchan. She would wait… She would see her… She didn’t come back for nothing…

Acchan was walking towards her house. God, she had had a horrible day. Really, she began to hate this drama recording. Really… her work… it’s not that she didn’t like it, but she was even busier than when she was with AKB48. She had no time for herself. Fortunately for her, her drama would finish soon. In three days, she would finally finish it. Then, her manager had promised her the first week off for a year. She couldn’t wait for it. Speaking of her manager… she had been fine today. Unlike before… she had done nothing bad to her. But she frowned as she thought about their conversation. The day after Takamina and AKB48 had left… Maybe she wouldn’t do something as horrible again… Maybe all she needed to do was to change her cell phone. Great… The only thing missing was Takamina’s number. Okay, before she left AKB48, they weren’t sending mail to each other, but now it was the only way they had to communicate on a regular basic… Even though they hadn’t talk to each other for a moment.

She looked at the moon a little. It’d be great if she could go there… It seemed so peaceful, with nobody here to disturb you… She was still far from her house. She decided to stop at a conbini to buy something to eat. She was hungry. It was not too cold, but she bought a hot chocolate too. She liked it. Takamina liked it too. She had heard that the group would come back in three days. She had heard their concert had been nice. With lot of fans and so on… she would have liked to go there too. She wanted them to come back soon. If they did, there would have lot of interviews and she would watch the majority of them just to see her friends. It was an advantage they were so popular: she could see them everyday even if she wasn’t with the group anymore.

As she was reaching her house, she had almost finished her drink. God knew how much she wanted to sleep. Her house had two entries. The main one and a second one behind the house. For once, she decided to go with the second one because she would arrive near her bedroom. As she was walking towards the second entry, she saw someone sleeping in the stairs. Who was it? She couldn’t see it well because of the darkness. It couldn’t be her parents, they were out of town for work. What if it was a killer? Or a thief? Or worst… a crazy fan that wanted to do crazy things with her!

She went in her house and took a knife in her kitchen. Who ever the person was, she would protect herself. She was paranoid.

Takamina was not really sleeping even if it was late. She had slept enough this morning. She was thinking about what she was going to say to Acchan. She hoped she was coming back tonight because she didn’t want to catch a cold… Not that it was cold, but it wasn’t really comfortable. She wanted to come back home… She felt that if Acchan didn’t want to talk to her, she would avoid her. She would not come back to her home… She kept thinking about this mail she had received… What did she mean for God sake?! She hated her… She said she hated her… She said… What does the word “hate” meant to her anyways? Acchan couldn’t just decide she hated her like this! She was still thinking about this painful situation when she suddenly heard the door opened behind her and turned around.

Acchan was standing behind her, a big knife in her hand, ready to attack her.

She screamed.

And so did Acchan.

They both screamed in the middle of the night. When the neighbour light opened, they finally stopped. Takamina hurried and took the knife from Acchan’s hand.

“What the hell were you doing?!” She asked, almost screaming.

It wasn’t the kind of “hello” she expected. She knew Acchan didn’t want to talk to her but she didn’t expect her to kill her! She knew Acchan somehow hated her, but she didn’t except it to go so far. Acchan wanted to kill her!? What had she done?

“I thought you were a thief! I didn’t recognize you! You don’t wear a ribbon!”

“Eh? I don’t… what?!”

“Just kidding.”

They both stared at each other. Takamina gave her the knife.

“Sorry. I… I thought you wanted to kill me or something.”

Acchan avoided her eyes as she said:

“Um… Sorry, I’ve never thought it could be you.”

She realized who she was talking to.

“Ta… Takamina?”

Was she dreaming?

“Um… Long time no see, Acchan.”

No… She wasn’t.

“Aren’t you supposed to be… in Paris?”

Takamina didn’t answer the question.

“Can I come in?” She shyly asked.

“Sure.” Acchan answered, not knowing what else to do.

It was so sudden. She was happy to see her… But… Why was she here?

They went in Acchan’s bedroom. Even if there was nobody in the house, they felt better there.

“I’m glad to see you.” Acchan finally said after a minute of silence. “I’m so happy to see you! I’m…”

She hugged her friend. She deserved a better welcome than one with a knife. She was so happy to see her! Her Takamina was back!!!

“Really? Do you want me to suffer more later or what?” Takamina thought, even if she didn’t say it loud.

“Why are you here?” Acchan asked, wondering why Takamina was so far from Paris.

Takamina hesitated to answer. Now that she was here, she didn’t know what to say. She didn’t want to talk about it. It had been so long time…

“I wanted to see you.” She said, not adding the “why do you hate me” part. “Akimoto-san said I wasn’t myself after the concerts… He told me I could come back sooner. I came back yesterday…”

“So… You wanted to see me?”

Acchan didn’t know what to say either. It was surprising. She wanted to smile at Takamina, but somehow… because of her manager… she felt that she couldn’t.

“Well… It’s been a long time… and you know… I wanted to know if everything was fine.” She continued, not adding the “and why do you hate me?” part again.

Acchan smiled to her friend. Even if they weren’t in the same group, Takamina still cared for her. It was cute… But Acchan could see in Takamina’s eyes that there was something else.

“Everything is fine.” She lied. “I’m glad you’re here. I’m sorry… I know I haven’t talk to you a lot… I was busy.”

Takamina smiled to her, but her smile didn’t reach her eyes. Was Acchan lying in front of her? Saying she was glad and everything… Takamina was glad too, but remembering the “I hate you” message tormented her.

“So… Anything new?” Takamina said with a happier voice.

“My work’s going well. I’ll have a week off in three days… Maybe we can go somewhere together…”

“Really?” Takamina asked as hope appeared in her eyes. Maybe Acchan didn’t hate her that much finally…

It seemed that they had not gone somewhere together for a year! Well, it was near reality.

“Why are you looking at me like I just told you something incredible?”

“It is incredible!” Takamina said while she was laughing a little. “You’ve been so busy!”

“You were too!” Acchan answered, smiling too.

It was nice they could still smile together and laugh as good friends.

“You know…” Takamina began as she remembered the main reason why she had come. “I want to talk to you… Even if you don’t… I want to. I told you that remember? That we’ll still talk together even if we become old ladies.”

Acchan frowned. It had been a long time. Couldn’t they just laugh together? Why did she have to be so serious? Please… Acchan hated being serious after such a hard day.

“What do you mean?” Acchan asked.

Takamina didn’t answer. It was like she couldn’t speak. She didn’t want to talk about something so depressing.

“What do you mean?” Acchan insisted as she forced Takamina to look at her by holding her shoulder.

Takamina looked at Acchan. How could she hate her, even after receiving such a mail? She was cute. She was even cuter since the last time she had seen her. No…She was gorgeous. She could just stare at her forever and she would be happy. Anything but being far away from her again. She felt a little guilty to think something so pervert about her friend though. She couldn’t think of her friend that way, it was impossible.

“Stop talking to me so friendly…” Takamina whispered as she avoided Acchan’s eyes again.

Acchan frowned. Even though Takamina had not finished her phrase, she knew her so well she could tell the end. “It hurts.” It hurt her because she was friendly? It wasn’t what she expected…

“I’m sorry,” she said softly, “I usually talk in a friendly way to my friend.”

She had said the last part with a smile in her face, trying to make her friend happy too. But it didn’t work. Takamina was still avoiding her eyes. Acchan didn’t like this situation. She felt as bad as with Hir… Okay, maybe not as bad, but not at ease.

“You know… your mails… I’ve kept them in my cell phone. I haven’t erased them.” She whispered. “Because it’s the only way we could talk together.”

Acchan was glad to hear that. She had kept the ones Takamina had sent to her too… But they were on her other cell phone. The one her manager had cruelly… She didn’t want to remember this. Oh right, she wanted Takamina’s number… But before she could say anything, she heard Takamina’s painful voice telling her:

“Even the one where you said you didn’t want to talk to me.”

It took a few seconds to Acchan to understand what she had said.

“What?” Acchan asked.

“Even the one… you said you hated me.” Takamina whispered again, without answering Acchan’s question.

Acchan slowly turned Takamina’s head so she could see her better. She knew Takamina hated being so close to someone, but she was her friend and there was no way she could accept something like this.

“These mails… Can I see them?” She asked with a gentle voice even though she had a murderer feeling growing up in her heart. 

She knew Takamina was shy. And she also knew how much Takamina was about to cry. She knew her very well. She could tell Takamina would cry if she asked her something too abruptly. She knew the true Takamina. The one the fans didn’t know. The one the others members couldn’t even see. She knew the boyish girl who was ready to do anything to prove she was strong enough. She knew the shy little girl who was afraid of loosing something important to her. She knew the idol who sometimes wanted to have a normal life. She knew the pink fangirl she was. She knew the funny person always ready to laugh with others. She knew the cute side of Takamina when she was in front of ribbons… Most of all, she knew her best friend like no one ever did.

Takamina gave her cell phone to Acchan. She hesitated a little before… What if Acchan had forgotten about it? What if… it was an accident? Would Acchan remember this and told her it was true? While her friend was taking a look at it, she looked at her bedroom. It’s been such a long time. Then… she noticed…

“Where is your dog? You know… The smaller...”

“He died.” Acchan answered, still looking at Takamina’s phone.

Takamina flinched. He died? Why didn’t she learn it before? Why didn’t Acchan tell her that? She must had been so sad… Knowing the ex face of AKB48 very well, she knew Acchan had probably cried a lot... alone. Why didn’t she call her?

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She hesitantly asked.

“I didn’t want to bother you. It was when the new single has just been released.”

Takamina forgot about the “I hate you” mail and hugged her friend, even if Acchan was still looking at the mails with a serious look in her face. She knew her friend had always wanted to support pain by herself, but she knew it must have been hard. And she knew behind those serious eyes was hiding a shy and hurt girl.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for you.” She just said.

She didn’t move. She knew it would change nothing if she did something else. Just being there was enough. Acchan suddenly broke the silence as she said:

“I changed my phone.”

Her voice was serious… but also… Takamina wasn’t sure, maybe sad? Or guilty?

“What?”

“Someone stole my cell phone. I bought a new one.”

She showed it to Takamina. A mini black ribbon was hanging on it. She had bought it when she had been alone. She put it elsewhere when she was with her manager. If she ever knew about it… As Takamina stared at the mini ribbon, Acchan pointed:

“I bought it because I thought it would help me. Whenever I see it, I think of you so it makes me laugh.”

“Hey, what do you mean by “laugh”?” Takamina asked, pretending to be mad.

“Nothing…” Acchan smirked.

Takamina stared at the ribbon, then Acchan, then the ribbon again. Why didn’t she have one! She wanted it so bad! It was so cute! It was a ribbon! For a moment, she just forgot about what they were talking about.

“I bought one for you too.” Acchan said as she gave her a mini pink version of the same ribbon. “I thought you would like it.”

Takamina smiled. She had a mini ribbon! Her friend knew her so well… She immediately hanged it on her phone before she said:

“So… When did you changed you phone?”

“Um… I don’t remember exactly when.” She lied with confidence. “But I never sent you these mails.”

Takamina forgot how to breathe for a moment.

“You didn’t?” She asked.

“Never.”

Takamina blinked.

“Then… Who…?”

“I don’t know. I lost my phone.” Acchan lied again.

She didn’t like to lie so much to her friend, but she didn’t want her to know about her problem. She would resolve it alone. And Takamina had probably enough problems like that, she didn’t need to bother her more.

“That’s great!” Takamina sighed, relieved.

“I really thought you hate me!” The captain added, smiling a little.

Takamina pretended the problem was done… But somehow she felt that Acchan was hiding something from her. She could tell it just by the way she looked at her. And really, how could Acchan loose her phone? She was the person that used it the most in the world! And didn’t she say someone stole her phone? Wait a minute, did she loose it, or did somebody steal it? She didn’t understand anything. Where was her damn phone?!

“You know I would never hate you!” Acchan said.

“Well, you know… when you stopped your mails…”

“I’m sorry about that. I had more work…”

“Oh yeah… Not that I was waiting for them every night, not at all. I just thought… maybe you didn’t want to talk me…”

Acchan smiled at Takamina. She was so cute when she was afraid of loosing her! If she wasn’t her best friend, she could just fall in love with her cuteness side.

“There’s no way I would stop talking to you.” She said.

At the same time, she made the promise to have a good talk with Hiroko. She couldn’t just send mail to her friends like this! Now she understood why Takamina had wanted to see her so much! Others would think she hated them! She didn’t hate them! How could she ever hate Takamina! Once she had also lov-… liked her very much. There was no way she could hate her.
Every tense there was seemed to disappear after this simple phrase. Takamina was so relieved, she just didn’t know what to say. She didn’t need to say anything, Acchan could read it in her eyes.

“Remember, we’re friends. It won’t ever change.” Acchan said seriously.

“Yeah…” Takamina said.

Somehow… She didn’t like the word “friend” to describe their relationship. But she didn’t know why. She was so happy to know Acchan didn’t hate her she couldn’t think properly.

“So… You came back from Paris to see me because you were THAT anxious?” Acchan asked, amusing.

“Don’t laugh!” Takamina blushed. “It’s normal to be anxious, right? If the same thing had happened to you, you would have just stayed there and did nothing?”

“No…” Acchan thought as she nodded. “I would have fled to Paris to see you… But you don’t need to know that.”

“You would?!” Takamina said as she saw her friend nodded.

“Who knows…” Acchan pretended as she looked at the roof.

“How cruel!” Takamina said as she threw her a cushion.

“Hey, don’t do that!” Acchan replied as she did the same.

“What the…?”

They began to run in the house, forgetting about the awkward conversation they just had. As they were jumping everywhere, Takamina accidently broke a vase in the living room.

“I’m sorry!” She said as she stopped to take the pieces.

She knew it was Acchan’s favourite vase. It was the one her grandmother had gave her before she died. Acchan was looking at her, pretending to be “really” mad. Well, she was, but not as much as she pretended to be.

“How could you?!” She screamed as Takamina finished cleaning.

She went in her room and slapped the door while a speechless Takamina was looking at her. Takamina had no idea why she looked so mad… She knew it was important but…

“Acchan?” She asked as she slowly opened the door.

At the moment her head was in Acchan’s bedroom… She received a pillow in her face. The time it took for her to stop being surprise, Acchan was already in the kitchen, hiding herself under the table.

“I’m gonna kill you!” Takamina said as she ran after her with the same pillow. “You are so dead!”

Really… She had missed Acchan a lot.

“Merci de votre soutient!” Miichan screamed to the fans.

They were recording AKBingo and some fans had recognized them in the street. It was great she had learned this easy phrase to thank the fans. She was happy people recognized them in such an unknown country for them. They were taking a little break. Later, they would have a “Muchaburi Dodgeball”... French version. She was afraid of it. She didn’t know what the punishment would be, but she knew it would probably be worst than usual. But the overseas fans would enjoy it. Especially the French one because they were probably going to speak French… How nice…

“Hey, look!” Haruna said as she gave her cell phone to Miichan.

Miichan looked a bit. It was Acchan’s blog. She read it.

“No way! She’s with Takamina?!” She almost screamed as she saw the picture of the two friends smiling together… and some feather in the background.

“Everybody…

Takamina is here! (^_^)

LOOK! SHE’S HERE!

*picture*

Do you remember Takamina? From AKB48!

It’s been a long time! I’m so happy!

She didn’t change at all, she’s still 148.5 cm!

I love you Takamina <3

Stay here! <3”

Miichan stared at the picture for a moment. So Takamina came back to Japan to see Acchan? It was great… But did it mean Takamina had left AKB48 to see Acchan? It was really surprising… But thank to that…

“She looks really happy on this picture.” Miichan pointed to Haruna. “She has this huge smile I haven’t seen for long time. The one she seemed to have only with Acchan.”

“Yeah… And Acchan too. They both looked like it’s the best day of their life!” Yuko added as she saw it by looking over Haruna’s shoulder. “It’s great, isn’t it?”

They nodded. They both looked great on this picture. It had been a long time since they had seen Takamina’s smiled reach her eyes.

They had almost finished sending a message to Acchan as they saw another post, following the first one. They looked at the time. One hour had passed since the first post. It meant they were still together after an hour. Really… they could hardly believe Takamina would be with Acchan instead of AKB48. She was their leader, right? The others members learned about this fact too. They were… shocked.

“Look at this!

*Picture of a broken vase*

“She broke it! (;_・)

She really broke it!

*Picture of Acchan pretending to be mad at Takamina*

Guys, I have a question for you!

Would you forgive a friend who broke something precious for you?”

Miichan stared at Haruna, who stared at Yuko, who was staring at Miichan. What the hell was going on? Takamina had REALLY left to be with Acchan? They thought it was because she didn’t work well! Even if the post had been posted only for two minute, there were already some comments about it. Fans were hungry for what they once called TakAcchan or even Atsumina. It had been a long time.

“I would because my friend is someone precious to me too!”

“I don’t mind as long as she does something to apologize!”

“You two looked so cute together!”

Okay, the last one wasn’t an answer, but it was cute. Miichan looked at it for a second time. Really… Acchan didn’t look sad at all.

Hiroko sighed as she saw the two posts Acchan had made. She knew Takamina was her best friend back when she was in AKB48. And now she knew she was back. Acchan’s best friend. She closed her phone as she frowned. She didn’t want Acchan to see her.

**Two days later**

Takamina was waiting outside the studio. Today was the beginning of Acchan’s week off. AKB48 would come back later today. She felt guilty to have done nothing while all the others members had worked so hard, but she was happy Akimoto-san had given her time to relax. She needed it. And she was ready to work even if she still had some days off… But now she just wanted to enjoy her time with Acchan. They were supposed to go in a café.

As Takamina was waiting outside, Acchan had problems with her manager inside. Her manager knew she couldn’t just say to Acchan “You won’t have your week off because you saw your old friend.” It wasn’t a good reason for it. All she had to do was to make sure Acchan would not pass too much time with her old friend.

“I have a collection of cell phone.” She said. “I can easily bring you another one, so stay away from her.”

“No. I can’t.” Acchan frowned. “I don’t mind now. If I want to see my friend, I don’t see why I couldn’t.”

When she had seen Takamina, she had realized how much she wanted to share good times with her again. She had realized that she could fight with her manager. Anyways, it was her job to help her, not to control her. But it looked like Hiroko didn’t see it the same way.

“Really?” Hiroko asked as she narrowed her eyes. “Remember I can make a scandal whenever I want.”

“But you won’t.” Acchan said though she was a little scared.

“And why do you think so?”

“Because you are my manager. If there is a scandal, you would have problems too. People may not trust you as much as they do now.”

“I’m going to make sure it has nothing to do with me. You think I’m stupid or what? Anyways, just do as I told you and everything will be fine. No scandal, no fear, no popularity decreasing.”

“But-”

“No. Nothing. You just listen to me! Trust me! How many times should I tell you that so you could finally understand? You made a promise right?!”

Acchan froze. The promise… She hadn’t agreed with it. She had been forced. She saw Takamina through the window. She and her manager were just at the exit of the studio. She could see her. But she didn’t think Hiroko had seen her yet.

“I’m not going to listen to your stupid rules anymore!”

As soon as she pronounced it, she regretted it. Seeing Takamina gave her strength… But maybe a little too much.

“What did you just say?” Hiroko said with a frightening voice.

Acchan didn’t answer as Hiroko grabbed her arm.

“I told you to trust me!” She said. “I told you I knew what I was doing.”

Acchan had doubts about it. She thought about what had happened two days ago. She had seen Takamina… She had had so much fun with her! Even though she had broken her vase, even though she had pretended to kill her, it had been so fun! It had been one of the happier moments since two months! They had exactly done the same they did when they were both in AKB48: Having fun. They had not cared too much about their problem. As soon as they had resolved the “cell phone” case, they had forgotten it and had played together as old friends. Nothing had changed between them.

“I don’t want you to send any mails to my friends like you did for Takamina!” She managed to say.

“It was the best thing to do. You don’t need her.”

“You don’t know what I need…”

“Of course I do!” Her manager interrupted her. “Your friend is useless to you.”

Acchan stared at her manager for a second. She seemed to hate Takamina so much… Why?

“This Takamina… She will betray you one day! If not, she will leave AKB48 for you and just be a normal person. She won’t be popular. She doesn’t live in the same world as yours.”

“It’s not a reason to make her believing I hate her! I don’t hate her! I’m her friend and I will still be! It’s not you who will tell me who I should choose for friends.”

“Really?”

Before Acchan could say something, Hiroko brought her outside. The idol’s heart was pounding. What again… Will Hiroko go farther than… As her manager began to bring her towards her car, she saw Takamina waiting. And Takamina saw Acchan going outside the studio too, forced by a strange woman. She didn’t move though… Somehow… it reminded her someone.

“She’s already here…” Hiroko whispered to herself.

Acchan didn’t say anything even if she wanted to run towards her friend as soon as possible. She didn’t want Takamina to believe she had problem with her manager. She thought the way her manager was looking at Takamina was weird. She… She had a dreamy look, like she thought about something.  Hiroko let her go.

“She’s already here.” She said coldly. “I guess you can go now… But this is the last time. Listen to me next time and stop seeing her! Remember our promise!”

She left. Acchan started walking towards Takamina who did the same.

“Hey! Everything’s fine?” Takamina asked.

She wasn’t shy anymore since she knew Acchan still wanted to see her.

“Yeah…” Acchan answered without conviction.

“Are you sure?”

Acchan didn’t answer. She saw Hiroko looking at her from inside her car.

“Is she your manager?” Takamina asked.

Acchan nodded. She had never told her friend who her manager was. Takamina frowned a little before she said:

“I’ve heard about her… She’s Hiroko Sato, right?”

TBC

ENDNOTE: Just before anyone had the great idea to think like *cough*thedeath93*cough*NoOffense*cough* : I read all you comments and when there's a modification to do, I do it.  If you ever want to tell me an idea/suggestion/something to improve/something too extreme/something you dislike/something you like/something you want to happen/and so on, just tell me and I'll try to do something because YES I DO CARE ABOUT IT  :thumbup

Offline dee1711

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 01:08:33 AM »
OMG!!! I've just surfing around and you post the new chap!! I'm so lucky!! XD XD

And..do I imagine, or just my feeling that somehow Hiroko and Takamina knew each other? Like they... have some past things or something..the weird look from Hiroko toward Takamina and the reminding from Takamina..

You make me really,really curious!! You're talented! Please update soon..

Offline panickofpain

• captainlover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Captain & TakaMina
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 01:52:01 AM »
 :shocked NEW CHAP!  :twothumbs

I'm an emotional person and I read this chapter with instrumentals of Nakeru Basho & Kimi ni Tsuite..  :nervous

I love TakaMina and Acchan finally talking again. :D This chapter is so touching. :thumbsup Love it.

Though I don't really know why Hiroko hates TakaMina or dislikes Acchan's AKB48 friends. With this chapter, things came up and I got a few thoughts about it.

Maybe, like dee1711 said, TakaMina and Hiroko knew each other?
Maybe Hiroko was abandoned/hated by her friends when she left the idol industry? or when she got famous, she was forgotten? That's why she's doing those cruel things to Acchan because in her mind, when Acchan becomes more famous than now, she would be forgotten or be in different worlds with her AKB48 friends and she wouldn't need them anymore?

But I don't know. ^^; Just ideas and thoughts. Will wait for the next chapter. Keep them coming.  :thumbsup

Offline ra-nyan

• TakAcchan flag bearer... (・ω・)ノ
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 08:34:42 AM »
She thought the way her manager was looking at Takamina was weird. She… She had a dreamy look, like she thought about something.
WTF.. Is Hiroko crushing on Minami now..  :lol: .. Great chapter BTW  :twothumbs .. finally some Minami-Acchan live interaction post-Acchan's Graduation..

Can't wait for more update from you..
(・ω・)ノ

Offline riama

• Oshima Yuko..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »
Great great great chapter :cow:
Waiting for the next update. :D

utube      |     tumblr

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 03:15:21 AM »
Had to read the last two chap you posted and I could conclude that Hiroko is one messed up character.  :angry:
Like seriously, what the hell is her problem blackmailing Maeda like that?! And for her to tell Maeda to stop communicating with her friends?!  :smhid
I'm somehow glad that she didn't rape Maeda though. If she did then someone should: CUT HER HEAD OFF!  :lol:
I feel bad for Maeda who seems to be struggling quite a bit with her new manager. Though, it seems that Taka is struggling a bit too.  :lol:
I'm curious to know what kind of past this Hiroko psycho has. And for her to look at Taka 'in a dreamy way'? Is she crushing on her or something that's why she's trying to keep Maeda away from her? A crazy fan of Taka perhaps? Intriguing... :lol:
Cute Takaachan scene and Maeda blogging about Taka is so like in reality.  :lol:
Can't wait to read more! Update as soon as you can.  XD

and yeah, I know it's evil of me to say this but...i'm actually glad that immo is doing his/her evil thing on you too. kinda makes me feel that i'm not alone with his/her evilness. hehehehe. sorry bou-j525. don't worry, you're not alone. *pats your back*  :lol:.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:43:14 AM by FoF »

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2010, 02:37:21 AM »
Hello guys! I wanted to wait for immo new's chapter... but I decided to post my new chapter today coz I won't have time to do it until Tuesday and, unlike a certain person I won't name *cough*immo*cough*, I don't want you to wait too long!

Here's some quotes... coz I have time tonight XD

I'm an emotional person and I read this chapter with instrumentals of Nakeru Basho & Kimi ni Tsuite..  :nervous

OMG  :lol: Sorry, really, but I NEEDED to quote this xD Something similar happened to me once...

Great chapter BTW  :twothumbs .. finally some Minami-Acchan live interaction post-Acchan's Graduation..

Yeah, sorry it took a long time I know... Speaking of it, more TakAcchan/AtsuMina interaction will come from chapter 8. But it doesn't mean chapters 6-7 are not important. THEY ARE IMPORTANT because... it will help with TakAcchan/AtsuMina later XD SO READ CHAPTERS 6-7 TOO!

and yeah, I know it's evil of me to say this but...i'm actually glad that immo is doing his/her evil thing on you too. kinda makes me feel that i'm not alone with his/her evilness. hehehehe. sorry bou-j525. don't worry, you're not alone. *pats your back*  :lol:.

How dare you  :smhid But as you can see, I'm not like you and immo and I post my chapter even if immo didn't. So... why don't you leave me out of this and continue this "game" only you two? XD Tsssss  :smhid

And finally: THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND "THANKS"  :bow:
Also, sorry (again) for the mistakes. I feel I have to say sorry at the beginning of each chapter, so yeah...

Chapter 6

“I’ve heard about her… She’s Hiroko Sato, right?”

Acchan froze. Had her friend heard about her manager?

“Yes… It’s her.” She slowly said, unsure about what to say.

Did she really want to know what Takamina knew about her? Yes.

“Really? I’ve never thought she would work as a manager!” Takamina said with a surprised voice.

“Why?” Acchan frowned.

“Because she’s…”

Takamina suddenly stopped talking. She looked like someone who was going to say something bad. She took a deep breathe and started again.

“Didn’t you hear about her?”

“Well…”

“But she’s your manager! How could you not know? Oh… Well, now that I think about it they destroyed every article about her…”

Takamina stared a little at her friend, wondering if she were really serious. How could she ignore it? Hiroko Sato… She had seen her name in almost every newspaper when she was fourteen years old. Right, it had been a long time so maybe Acchan didn’t read the newspaper at this time but still… She must had watched TV right? It had been on TV too! And also… Hiroko Sato, how could she forget her? She was… It was her, for God sake…

“She was the child of the most popular actress of the 80s, Sayuri Okamoto. She took the name of her father though, that’s why their names are different.”

What was Takamina talking about? Acchan had never heard anything about her. Well… She didn’t really like the 80s life style so it was a bit normal. And she didn’t like to listen to the news too so… Yeah, when she was young, she had no interest at all about actuality. Her life was something as simple as school, friends, family and most of all: food. She kinda wished she could come back to the times where she was just a little child… And where the biggest problem she had was to know what she was going to eat.

“But people must only knows her mother, not Hiroko herself.” Acchan said.

“Not exactly…” Takamina continued as they began to walk toward the café. “Sure, at the beginning, they only knew her mother… In fact, every drama she did was the most popular the week later, so even if they tried to ignore it, they couldn’t. I even think she was one of the best actresses of all history of Japan. And you know what? I think she began her career as an idol.”

Acchan started to understand a little what her friend meant. If her mother were so popular, Hiroko must have been well known too, even if she were just a child. The child of a star… must have been hard.

“And then, Hiroko Sato grew up. When she was thirteen, a production company wanted her to be an actress too. They thought she must have the same talent as her mother. But all she wanted was to have a normal life. She was aware of the popularity of her mother, but all she wanted was to enjoy her time with her. Her father had left them when she was young.”

Acchan could easily imagine a young Hiroko who just wanted to have a normal life. It wasn’t her fault if her mother were so popular. They arrived at the café. As they were waiting for their meals, Takamina said:

“She hated having a famous mother. She said she could never be alone with her. She began to hate the photographs, the medias and even her mother’s fans. Once, someone has tried to kidnap her to have money. I think she was young when it arrived… maybe around seven, I’m not sure. Since that day, her mother has protected her a lot. She was really closed to her… well at least when she was there. I think Sayuri almost left her job for a year in order to have time with her daughter. She knew she didn’t share enough time with her and she probably knew too that Hiroko was sad about it.”

Their meals arrived. Acchan wanted to know more about Hiroko. How come she didn’t know about all those things? Seriously… she had never really asked her manager about anything. The only thing she kinda knew about her was that… she could be violent.

“When she came back to her work, Hiroko was smiling all the time in the pictures they took together for the newspapers. It looked like everything was fine after this year off. And the producers soon decided to bring her back in front of the cameras. She was as famous as before. It looked like if nothing had happened. Her fans were waiting for her. Even people who didn’t really care about her were waiting for her because they had heard about her hiatus.”

Acchan felt suddenly bad about it. She knew what was going to happen.

“One day, she was late for a recording. Remember when I told you she began her career by being an idol? Well, I think that day, an old friend from her idol group had called her. They were long date friends. Her friend had had an accident and she wanted her to help her. Hiroko’s mother had once again chosen her friend over her work. She had helped her instead of going to her recording. To Sayuri, nothing was more important then friendship. She had made sacrifices to be popular and she didn’t want to make the same mistakes. She had lost a friend because she had only thought about her career. But this time, it was her best friend and she didn’t want to loose her.”

Really? It was surprising. It was rare to see famous people leaving their work for someone else. Seeing the surprising look of Acchan, Takamina added:

“Well, Hiroko’s mother and her friend were really closed. They were best friend for a long time, if I’m not mistaken. And then, after she has helped her, Sayuri realized she was late for work. And it was one of the most important drama because it was going to be presented overseas. So she hurried because she knew she had to do it at time if she didn’t want her career to go down. But…”

Acchan stopped eating. She knew what was coming. Her friend asking her for help, her choosing to help her friend instead of working, her being late for an important work…

“But she has an accident as she was going to the studio. She has a car accident.”

Acchan stopped breathing. Now that she thought a bit more about it, her parents had talked about it when she was young… But she hadn’t listened to them. She had not cared about it. And the reason was pretty stupid. At this time, she thought the name “Okamoto” was ugly. So she hadn’t listened to them... And now she regretted it.

“Sayuki died right away. The ambulance driver didn’t even need to go to the hospital to know she was dead. There was blood everywhere. The picture has been shown everywhere. The popular actress was now known as someone who had chosen her friend over her work and who had obviously regretted it.”

“What about…” Acchan asked, without even finishing her phrase.

“Hiroko was seventeen. She has learned it by the news. She saw it on TV. She read about it in the newspapers. She heard her friends talking about it behind her back. She saw her mother covered by blood everywhere. She was almost dreaming of it. But she was old enough to take care of herself, so nobody really helped her.”

Acchan was speechless. Was it really the past of her manager? Her manager… the woman so strong who talked with her with a powerful voice?

“Hiroko…” Takamina said as she looked Acchan in the eyes. “Everything she knew about her mother’s death, she had learned it because of the medias. Right after the accident, she put the blame on Sayuri’s friend. The one who had called her for help. To her, her mother had died only because she had decided to help her friend instead of going to work. She knew her mother and the other woman were really closed when they were both on the idols group. So she put the blame on her, saying it was her fault her mother has died.”

“Why did she do that?”

“Because everything she knew was coming from the news. In the newspapers and even on TV, the reporters always said that her mother had decided to help a friend. They made her believing that, if her mother hadn’t help her friend, she would still be alive. They made her believing that because of her friend, Sayuri was dead.”

Acchan could perfectly understand the situation. Hiroko had thought her mother died because of a close friend… But it was only an accident…

“She said she hated idols. She said she hated medias. She said she hated her mother’s friend for being so selfish by calling her the day she had to work on the most important job of her life. She said she would never work in such a cruel industry where everything has to be perfect. And even if she liked her mother a lot, she said she couldn’t forgive her for choosing her friend over her work. She even talked to her mother’s friend, blaming her for her death.”

“But…”

Accchan stopped talking. There was nothing to say. And Takamina looked really serious.

“When she had learned it, she had felt alone. She had lost her mother. A mother who wasn’t with her all the time, but who cared a lot for her. She had been so alone… She was so sad… Nobody helped her…”

Acchan frowned. How Takamina could know how Hiroko had felt? And… Takamina looked sad too. It was impossible she knew everything like this. Why was she sad for someone so cruel like her?! Oh right, her past was sad… and she hadn’t told Takamina about what Hiroko had done to her. Takamina paused a little before she said:

“That’s why I’m so surprised she decided to be your manager. Because she said she hated this industry…”

Acchan felt there was something more behind Takamina’s words. Right, Hiroko was mad after the industry, she blamed the death of her mother on her friend… she realized it was really similar to her situation. She was a popular actress. Her career had begun because of an idols group… And she still talked to her friends from this group too. She still thought a lot about her friends, especially Takamina, from AKB48. Maybe Hiroko was afraid the same thing may happen to her… But would she choose her friends over her work like Sayuri did? And Acchan was still a little surprised Takamina knew everything.

“It’s not all…” Takahashi whispered.

Acchan stared at her friend. She looked… confused. She looked… sad. She looked like she was trying to remember something from her past.

“What?” Acchan asked.

It wasn’t the kind of meeting she had thought she would have with Takamina, but it was important. It was about her manager. What she learned now could help her to figure out a lot of things. Like the reason why Hiroko hated idols so much.

“What surprised me the most about the fact that she’s your manger is not that she had said she hated this industry…”

Takamina opened her cell phone. She had pictures of her friends, of her family, but also of famous people she admired. Except Nakamori Akina, she also had one of Sayuki Okamoto.

“Here.” She said as she showed it to Acchan. “She was young… maybe around twenty when this picture was taken, but it’s her.”

Acchan frowned as she looked at the picture.

“I think you got the wrong picture.” She said.

Takamina denied it.

“It’s her. It’s Sayuri Okamoto.” She confirmed.

Acchan froze as she realized what her friend was trying to tell her. She and Sayuri looked alike. A lot.

Acchan frowned as she thought about the conversation she had had earlier the same day with Takamina. They had left each other after their meeting at the café. It wasn’t the way Acchan thought she would celebrate the beginning of her week off, but… what she had learned was great. Now that she thought more about it, she had never learned nor asked anything to Hiroko about her past. Well, usually, people didn’t ask that kind of question to their manager since they only had to work with them. Personals problems weren’t the most important thing to know… But knowing that her mother had been so famous and had had such a tragic death was chocking. Was it the reason why Hiroko was so mad about her thinking about her old friends? It would be stupid… she wasn’t like her mother was. Well, now that she mentioned it… The picture Takamina had shown to her was… special. It looked a lot like her! Same hairstyle, same face, same cute smile to the camera… And hell she had thought she was looking at a picture of herself! Hiroko couldn’t believe she was the reincarnation of her mother, right?

RIGHT?

And something else was bothering her. The way Takamina looked when she had spoken about Sayuri Okamoto was strange. Sure, Acchan knew Takamina had told her everything she knew… but she felt that she hid something from her. She knew her enough to know when something was wrong and she could tell that this afternoon, she had hid something from her. She didn’t know what, but Takamina had looked confused when she had learned Hiroko was her manager. And it wasn’t only because of Hiroko’s mother sad story.

Acchan fell asleep as she thought that, even if she had her first week off, she would have to meet her manager to talk about it. She couldn’t just let her control her because of something that had happened years ago.

Takamina had just waked up from a great ten hours night when her cell phone rang. She saw Miichan’s number and sighed. Right, AKB48 had come back yesterday… And they probably knew now why she had come back to Japan earlier… And they probably wanted to have a great and long… painful talk with her.

“Hello?” She said.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?” Miichan’s angry voice asked.

Takamina could easily imagine Haruna and Yuko listening to their conversation. Usually, it was her who was angry at the others when they weren’t working… She could understand a little why Miichan was so mad about her.

“I asked you: WHERE…… HAVE YOU BEEN?” Miichan repeated when she heard nothing.

She had suddenly yawned in the middle of her sentence, making it looking way less serious than before.

“Are you alright?” Takamina asked with a little voice.

“Well, unlike you, I didn’t sleep tonight because I was at the airport! You know… coming back from work!”

Miichan was really glad Takamina looked happy from Acchan’s picture on her blog, but she hadn’t taken the fact that the captain wasn’t working while they were. She was the captain, for God sake! And she Haruna and Yuko were thinking the same thing but were too shy to scream at the captain. Well, she wasn’t too shy! She would show her she wasn’t happy about it.

“Akimoto-san told me I could come back to Japan because I wasn’t feeling well.”

“You would be supposed to sleep then, not playing with Acchan.” Miichan retorted.

“I was sleeping right now!”

“Well, yesterday you went to see Acchan and had a great time with her while WE were working hard on AKBingo’ special episode!”

“But-”

She stopped her sentence, hearing Haruna and Yuko trying to calm Miichan a little. It didn’t work. It was rare Miichan was upset but now…

“What do you mean by “but”?!” She almost screamed. “Don’t you think we’re tired too? Don’t you think we want to sleep too? Don’t you think we want a break sometimes too and we just want to relax a little?! Don’t you think we miss Acchan too? So what? We don’t take a break because we know we have to work. We know we have to work for the fans. We know we can’t just stop because we miss somebody! As Team A captain, you should know that too!”

There was a moment of silence before Miichan sighed:

“There has been a lot of graduation and none of them has made you stop working. Probably because you knew you had to work for your dream. And you knew the fans were counting on us to keep on going stronger than before. You knew you had to show the fans that it wasn’t because a member has left the group that we couldn’t work as hard as before.”

Takamina could hear Haruna and Yuko trying to take off the phone from Miichan’s hands. She could hear them imploring her to stop about it. She could hear them saying that she would kill them. Was it really the reputation she had in the group?! She wasn’t a killer!

“Takamina, what Miichan means is that… We don’t recognize you. You’ve never stopped working before because of such a simple reason like this. The girl we used to know would encourage the others, not being encouraging by them… The girl we used to know would never stop working to see an old friend just because she missed her, you know that.”

Hearing Yuko told her that made Takamina sad. Yuko was someone who could be really serious when she talked to someone. And now, she was. Takamina frowned. It wasn’t the first time someone told her something like this. It was… the fourth time… The fifth maybe? She suddenly realized something. Was Yuko telling her that…

“Takamina, what you did… It’s like you decided Acchan was more important than AKB48. You know… leaving PARIS to come back sooner just to see her… You know, PARIS! I mean, we know you miss her but still…”

“Please Yuko, don’t tell me you seriously think I’m going to stop working in AKB48 because of Acchan!” Takamina finally managed to say.

There was no answer.

“Come on guys!” Takamina insisted. “You know I’m not like that. You can’t be so mad about it!”

“We thought everything had come back to normal before we left for Paris. You were working, you were doing your best… you were smiling…”

“I’m not that sad! And I still smile!” Takamina answered. Did Yuko think she was going to kill herself or what?

Her friends had first thought she was going to kill then, then they believed she wanted kill herself… Why did her reputation always need to be about death?!

“When will you come back?” Miichan asked as she seemed to have the control on her phone.

“Well… I still have four days off.”

“Do you feel sick?”

“Um… No.”

“Who are you and what did you do to Takamina.” Haruna’s voice reached the phone after a moment of silence.

“You are not going to work for four days and you aren’t even sick?!” Yuko asked right after.

“Before Acchan’s graduation, Takamina would have never done that!” Miichan protested a second later.

Takamina sighed. It was useless to talk to her friends this way.

“Aren’t you have days off too guys?” She asked.

“It’s different! We just came back from France, it’s normal for us to be free a little! But you didn’t just come back, you’re here for half a week!”

“Can’t I miss Acchan and want to see her?!” Takamina grumbled, becoming slightly impatient.

“Can’t we be mad at you because you DID choose Acchan instead of your work and it’s not normal?!”

Who was talking? Takamina frowned because she didn’t hear well.

“We miss her too! But hey, it’s been a year! Stop thinking about it and bring your ass here so I can tell you what I think about it!”

Mariko…-sama?

“It’s not normal you stopped working because of something like this! I’m sure you wouldn’t do that if someone else had graduated instead of Acchan! Who are you? A boyfriend’s missing her girlfriend?”

Yes, it was Mariko… and she seemed angry.

“She’s not my-” Takamina began as Mariko interrupted her.

“Everyday since one year, all we heard from you was “Acchan…”! Can’t you just focus on the group for once?! How do you think we feel when we want to take a break but we can’t! How do you think we felt when we saw you heading back to Japan earlier? How do you think we felt when we saw that picture of yours on Acchan’s blog the following day?! Please, don’t tell me it’s not your fault! Even the others members were speechless! It’s NOT the real you, and you KNOW it!”

Well… Takamina didn’t dare to say something after that. She had never thought she was talking THAT much about Acchan… She could understand a little why Mariko had used the term “girlfriend” now… She must have looked like she was crazy in love with Acchan since she talked so much about her. But she never thought they would be so mad at her! It was the first time she ever did that. First time since six years, they could understand, right?!

“Well, sorry for being so selfish, but I would have done nothing anyway if I had stayed in Paris.” She said with a cold voice.

Mariko seemed to calm down as her normal voice said:

“Hey Takamina… Tell me… You wouldn’t really choose Acchan over the group, right?”

“What are you talking about? Of course not!”

“I just wanted to be sure.” Mariko whispered as she hanged out.

Takamina stared at her phone for a moment. What a weird way to begin a day… Really, her friends were worry about nothing. She could think a little about Acchan. Right after her days off, she would come back and everything would be normal again. She didn’t need anybody to tell her what was more important between her job and her friend… did she?

Acchan woke up later than ever before. It was great to sleep as long as she wanted. She had slept for almost eleven hours and it felt so great! She had always slept… four or fives hours per day. For the first time, she felt she could be happy at the beginning of a day. She went to take a bath. As she finished, she accidently hit her arm on the wall. She looked at the wound she had on her arm. It was… blue? Green? She couldn’t tell. It reminded her…

Flash Back

AKB48 had left Japan yesterday. The newspapers were talking a lot about it. Acchan had seen it twice on TV this morning. But now, she was in her living room with her manager by her side, ready to “talk” to her. It had been a long time since their last “conversation”. But today, her manager looked… even more dangerous. Was it because of AKB48 departure? Or maybe she had learned she had talked to Miichan?

“You are alone.”

Hiroko’s voice broke the frightening silence of the piece. Acchan froze. If THAT was the beginning, she was probably going to cry later. She hated it. Hiroko began to play with Acchan’s old phone.

“You are alone!” She repeated with a happy voice.

Did she like to make Acchan sad?! She looked like she was enjoying it a lot which Acchan didn’t like at all.

“They left you. They finally left you.”

Acchan frowned.

“They left you alone! You can’t talk to them now. You can’t call them. You can’t ask them anything. They had something more important to do than talking to you. They are elsewhere!”

Acchan didn’t like this conversation.

“So now,” Hiroko said with a serious voice, “do like them and focus on your work.”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t you think I didn’t see your acting during the past week? You were absent! You didn’t work well for the last four days, even the producer told me that! It was because you were thinking about the departure of your friends, right? I told you, if you focus on your friends, your work will suffer from that.”

Acchan just wanted to tell her it wasn’t AKB48 that was in her mind… It was her, Hiroko, her manager, the cruel woman who had taken her cell phone! But it looked like she was convinced it was because of her old group.

“Do you want to be fired? Don’t you see you worked like a beginner?! FORGET about them! Erase them from your head, from your memories!”

“I can’t…”

“Acchan, how many times do I have to tell you…” Her manager said as she went closer to her. “Yesterday… Do you remember yesterday?”

Yesterday? Acchan frowned. What had happened yesterday? Yesterday, AKB48 had left Japan, she had worked, she had eaten, she had slept…

“You cried yesterday.” Her manager said with a fake sad voice.

“So what?” Acchan thought. “There’s nothing bad with that.”

“Let me remind you…” Hiroko whispered in her ear. “You cried during a happy scene. You cried in the happier scene of all the drama!”

She had said the last sentence with an angry voice.

“Need I remind you why you cried or you think you are able to think by yourself for once?!”

Acchan didn’t like the way her manager was talking to her. She was obviously telling her she wasn’t dumb.

“Need I remind you we had to start this scene twenty five times before you stopped looking sad?! You were supposed to laugh!”

There was no way Acchan needed it. She remembered it perfectly. But she had not cried only for AKB48. She had cried because… Yes her manager was right, she was alone now. If she needed help, she couldn’t call anybody. She had no friends out of AKB48. It was hard to her to assume it, but it was true. Sure, she had some contacts, but they weren’t really her friends. She couldn’t talk to them the way she did with the members of AKB48.

“You were useless yesterday! And you are still today! You changed! You aren’t the same and you know what, I even think the fans saw it too!”

The words her manager was saying to her were hard to take. Plus, Hiroko didn’t seem to care if she hurt the idol. Not at all.

“Promise me you will forget about them.” Her manager threatened her. “I have a reputation too. You know, I’m the one that succeeded to make you popular. The best manager of all Japan. I don’t want you to ruin it!”

She grab Acchan’s arm.

“Promise me you will stop talking to them! You are ruining your life!”

Acchan looked straight at her and said:

“I’m not ruining my life!”

“You are! I see it! I’m not as blind as you are. Everything you’re doing now will count later. Everything… And all you do now is thinking about this damn group!”

Acchan began to fear about what was going to happen. She couldn’t say anything.

“Promise me you will forget them! Especially that Takamina!” Hiroko repeated.

“No.”

“No? You dare answer “no” to me?”

Acchan’s voice was shaking as she slowly answered:

“I can’t forget a friend. I can’t forget Takamina, the group nor my past. It represents who I am now.”

“You are a bitch right now which represents the group a lot! You don’t listen to me at all, even if I’m your manager, right?”

Acchan jumped as she heard the way Hiroko was talking to her. She was even more frightening like this.

“Stop wasting my precious time and promise it!” She said as she threw Acchan’s real phone on the floor, making the screen broke a little.

Acchan stared at her phone, thinking that if it continued that way, she would be on the floor too soon. She could say goodbye to her phone now… How could her manager be so cruel?

“I won’t-”

Acchan didn’t even finish her sentence that Hiroko did something she had never done before.

She slapped her in the face before punching her arm.

Acchan was shaking as she opened her eyes slowly. Did… her manager really…

“So?”

Hiroko’s voice was cold. She was waiting for an answer.

“I promise…” Acchan whispered with a painful voice.

She didn’t move, holding her arm. It hurt. She closed her eyes, waiting for another punch, but she heard the front door slapping while the silence invaded her house.
After a few seconds, she began to cry.

End of Flash Back

Acchan didn’t want to think about it, but the pain reminded her this situation all the time. It hadn’t healed yet. She had to talk with her manager about what Takamina had told her… She had thought her manager was only a poor woman who wanted to protect her from a terrible fate, but now that she remembered this event… She didn’t know what to think. Should she hate her?

She called her manager. She was free today. They could meet. Acchan was still afraid of her, but she really needed to know more about it.

Three hours later, around midday

“So… Why did you want to meet me today?”

For the first time, Acchan thought Hiroko looked nice today. She was talking to her with a smile on her face, she had not this frightening look on her face, she was pretty normal. Acchan smiled. She should have more days off, it had positives effects on her manager. She felt bad to ruin her mood. Since she was smiling, she could have had a nice conversation with her… But she wanted to know…

“It’s about…”

She took a deep breathe and prayed to not die yet.

“… Takamina.”

The beautiful smile her manager had on her face suddenly vanished as she heard the name of Acchan’s friend. She didn’t say anything, letting Acchan going on.

“I want to know… the reason why you don’t want me to see her.”

As soon as she saw her manager’s reaction, she suddenly wanted to flee. Maybe it wasn’t the great time to ask about it… Maybe the best time was… never.

“I told you…”

“No!”

Acchan froze. Did she just interrupt her manager? Did she… want to die? Fortunately for her, Hiroko was patient today. She just sent her a cold look, but Acchan could still talk.

“I… I mean…” Acchan took a deep breathe again, trying to stop stammer. “She… She told me something about your past…”

“What?”

Acchan avoided her eyes as she said:

“She told me… about your mother being popular and then… the accident.”

Acchan eyes met Hiroko’s. The idol froze as she saw a mist of tears in Hiroko’s eyes. She looked really sad… She looked like a little child trying to keep her dignity.

“So what?” She answered with her usual cold voice, even though Acchan knew she must have affected her.

“She… told me about the accident… and the reason of it. She told me it was because of your mother’s best friend.”

“We can’t call this kind of person a “friend”. She killed her.”

Acchan wasn’t happy to make her manager so sad. She knew it must be hard for her to keep her cold voice. She knew she must hurt her by talking about it. She thought all her manager needed was love… Love from her family…  But then again, she remembered the punch she had received and it brought her back to reality. Her manager wasn’t the nice woman she pretended to be.

“She told me that… So… I was wondering… If it had something to do with me… Since your mother… looked a lot like me when she was young…”

She stopped talking, waiting for an answer. It didn’t come. Her manager wanted her to keep talking.

“I was wondered if… You were worried the same thing might happen to me.” Acchan said. “Do you think I would help my friend instead of going to work? Do you think I’d have an accident if it happened? Do... Are you worried about me?”

Acchan had said the last sentence without really knowing if she could ask this question. The answer seemed obvious: Her manager would never care about her, she had hit her! Her manager wasn’t the kind of person that would care for someone else than herself.

“What is the most important to you?” Hiroko asked, trying to keep her “I’m not sad” expression.

“Well, it’s…”

Surprisingly, Acchan couldn’t answer. She couldn’t choose between…

“Then you have your answer.” Hiroko said..

Really? Acchan was surprised to learn her manager could be worried about her. She would have never thought it could have a link! She would not have an accident like Hiroko’s mother, of course, but… It was great her manager could worry about her. Maybe she wasn’t that bad. Acchan could understand her manager was sad about it. Loosing her mother that way and having to confront such consequences must had been so hard for her. And she had been so young when it happened.

“But it’s not the only reason.”

Acchan froze. What could be worst? She could understand her manager’s feeling… Her story was sad… What did she have to add? And plus, did it mean her manager was ready to have a real conversation with her? Thinking about it helped her to relax. Maybe she could finally know what was going on… She stared at Hiroko. Was her manager going to explain something or was she supposed to wait here for nothing? Wait a minute… Was her manager really going to talk to her about her past? Her painful past? It seemed… unreal. How could her manager even talk to her… without the angry voice she always had before? Was it THAT important?

“That Takamina…”

What was she going to say about Takamina? Acchan prayed for it to be something good, even if she had doubts about it. It couldn’t be something good, but she knew that if her manager said something bad about her friend again… She would never take it. This time, it was true, she was ready to protect her friend, no matter what.

“What? What about Takamina?” Acchan asked, hoping her manager would talk.

“She didn’t tell you everything…” Hiroko hesitantly said.

Acchan thought it was great to see her manager so unsure for once. For the first time, maybe she could just stop being afraid… Her manager didn’t look frightening at all. For the first time, she felt she was dominating her manager. And if felt great. She was ready for everything now. And then again… this feeling of invincibility disappeared as soon as she heard Hiroko.

“When I was young… We were… friends.” She whispered.

TBC

ENDNOTE: So... now that you know what Takamina knew about Hiroko (about this, it's a little cliché, but believe me, I will still surprise you later hehe...) and that you also know what Hiroko did to Acchan when AKB was gone... Do you still hate Hiroko?
ENDNOTE2: Did I mention that I really like to end my chapters with a... "revelation"? XD
ENDNOTE3: My chapters looked shorter when I posted them here and I hate it >_>
ENDNOTE4: I know my endnote are stupids, please don't kill me xD
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:02:46 AM by bou-j525 »

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am the SPARKLE KING~!
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 03:43:56 AM »
*flails around* please continue~! I'm dying here! I don't know whether I should hate her manager or not... I NEED TO KNO WHAT HAPPENS~!!! kjfaskfhfkjsdf *fails even more* TAKAMINA~! ACCHAN~! (X___x)

Offline sorakamiya

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »
woooooow....u are reallly great bou-j525  :w00t: :w00t: maaan.... i really like your fanfict... i really curious what would happend next... is it would be the same like i'm thinking right know?  :shocked if it is???  :shocked :shocked  but who cares...... continuuuuuueeeeeee pleeeaaasseeeeee.....  :bow: :bow: give the update as soon as possible...  :thumbsup

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Smile