JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Tell Me My Speaker Box

Author Topic: The Oda Sakura Thread (小田さくら)  (Read 41910 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Oda Sakura Thread (小田さくら)
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2016, 08:37:03 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2016, 08:15:08 PM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
^ Sakura chan has a wonderful voice and great
stage presence....she is a great example of
the benefit of the training that H!P girls go through...

Sakura: Come a little bit closer.....

Trini Lopez - Come A Little Bit Closer
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:37:39 PM by muppet »

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2016, 06:25:41 AM »
Sakura has definitely become one of the prettiest members of H!P no doubt (the so-called "selfie queen"), but I wanna point out an underrated part of her beauty: her penchant for cornrows!

Coming from my hip-hop culture perspective, I've always thought cornrows were a generally cool and bad-ass hairstyle, and I've recently found partial cornrows to be a cute female hairstyle, so this really helps me like Sakura even more! It pains me to see folks trash the hairstyle or her for the hairstyle...it's a great look, yo!

The trimmed bangs look she had back in the day was so awkward and didn't really suit her at all, so it's great to see her come a long way from that!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2016, 02:57:35 AM »
The trimmed bangs look she had back in the day was so awkward and didn't really suit her at all, so it's great to see her come a long way from that!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHYYYYYYYYYY

Okay, she still looks cute (simply because she's still Sakura), and it's not as bad as what she had years ago, but still this makes me sad. :cry: Hopefully this isn't long-term and that she'll regrow her bangs again soon.

The tinge of brown looks nice, though.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2016, 07:45:47 AM »
Haha I thought of you when I saw that

But I really think it looks good & she looks good :D
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2017, 07:31:00 PM »

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »
:luvuluvu: Happy Birthday, Sakura!! :luvuluvu:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2017, 08:57:26 PM »

YAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAKURA!!

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2017, 08:29:08 PM »

Excerpts from recent Billboard interview
——Also, at that time, you could say it was the period where the Satou Masaki × Oda Sakura combination was ready, where scenes of the two of you singing and getting paired steadily increased. For you, what sort of existence was Maa-chan?

Oda Sakura: Since that was the first time I'd met such a person......because I was blessed with the opportunity to work with a person like this, I felt that surely this would be a big event in my life. Within, there was also a great sense of, "a colleague who gets along with everyone!", "A friend!" And to work with that person—not to mention a senior member, but younger. Therefore, I strongly feel something was completed since our meeting as Morning Musume. She's sort of a mysterious person isn't she. There's not many people with that kind of influential ability, and for me, she's an established category of her own.

——Up until she became Morning Musume。'15, there was often an exterior image of her only being able to speak in, if I had to say, an "airheaded" or "odd girl" kind of way, but I think you were the member that mentioned from the beginning, "Satou-san is an amazing person."

Oda Sakura: That's cause she is a genius. Since before joining Morning Musume。I've thought ah, this person's a genius. Even working with her now I think to myself, she's a genius.

——Due to a herniated lumbar intervertebral disk, her activities paused. Regarding when Morning Musume。'17—as is; with her absence—also started to form their activities, what sort of feelings or thoughts did you have?

Oda Sakura: What I thought was amazing was at that time was the speed of the members' response. At rehearsal, it got to "Positions will be changed. Singing parts will be changed" and in the transferred performance of "Morning Musume。'16 Concert Tour Autumn ~My Vision~", held in Hokkaido, suddenly Ogata Haruna-chan also couldn't appear due to influenza. But in the morning of that day we were bam-bam-bam with "I think if we do it like this it'd look better", "With that position, I'll move like this", and over several hours, we considered, changed, suggested, and brought it to perfection. It wasn't "So-and-so received so-and-so's singing part so let's cover it like them" or "Let's fill so-and-so's vacancy", but from the awareness of filling in for a vacancy, I think everyone kind of held a sense of, "How do I enchant people with my part that's just for today." If you ask me about a crisis, though it was a crisis, if you ask me how did it get to that point, I think it was also a chance.

——I see.

Oda Sakura: However, without Satou-san the liveliness was expectedly lacking (laughs). With Morning Musume, though it's a large number of people, without just one person it rather feels not enough.

——Well then, with the news of "Satou Masaki Stage Activities Resumption" announced the other day, what were your feelings in being able to work together again?

Oda Sakura: Finally we're all together, I thought. Therefore I hope people come see that. There'll be people there who have been looking forward to it all along, for it'll finally be the original Morning Musume。'17, altogether with Satou-san. Certainly even in the form of 12 members without Satou-san, at that time, while I want to show what we'd built during that time, by adding a single person there and how the balance changes—that is also what I'm really looking forward to. I've seen how she connects with the 12th gen. at times and thought, that's pretty funny, so I'd also like to see her mingling with the 13th gen. soon.

——In the news notice, written in her own words, "Though I was told by staff members and my family, "Why don't you rest a bit more?", I really know about my body the most! I will return to Morning Musume!"—while I felt there was a very strong will, what were your thoughts?

Oda Sakura: With our bodies, you never know right? That's why for us as well, should I say, "Please rest for now", should I be supportive? Honestly I don't know what to say, however if that's where Satou-san's feelings are, I'd like to answer with that. Therefore, with Satou-san coming back for the Spring tour this time; myself standing on stage, full of my current feelings—with emphasis on those—wanting to know how the 13th gen. will turn out; wanting to know how the group will turn out—with the various things piling up, in a good way, I can't imagine how things will turn out. Therefore, I'm really looking forward to it. How will it turn out?

The interview transitioned to discussing about Riho afterwards. Later on, the topic was about Jealousy Jealousy.

——And with that title, I'd like to ask a cliche question: who's the member you feel most jealous of?

Oda Sakura: The person that flashed into mind just now was Satou-san.

——The reason?

Oda Sakura: Cause she's a genius. For example, something that takes me until 4AM in the morning to give form, Satou-san would just finish it in a flash. If I convey an answer that I finally derived after searching excessively for years, she'd just say, "Ah, that thing!" Something that I'd require time to steadily build, doing my best all the way until now, Satou-san would just finish through intuition. I often think, "Even though I was up last night, spending hours doing it......Satou-san just finished it in an instance?" and am envious of that. Also, I envy her ability to get along with people......I think it's amazing.

*Thx to simplemindead from H!O

Sayashi Riho's Influence

Hiraga Tetsuo: Let's go back to talking about Morning Musume '15, the period when Oda-san changed greatly and when there was a big turning point -- the graduation of Sayashi Riho. From there was the switch to Morning Musume '16, but how was your mental state at the time?

Oda Sakura: At the time I just wanted to be able to perform in a cool manner so I think on the surface I got stiff. After Sayashi-san graduated, I thought to myself that I was empty inside and that I should start over from the basics. I thought about what to do in order to appear cool but in the first place I wasn't even sure if my voice is able to be properly projected through the microphone. There are those who are very good at singing a cappella but when you hand them a microphone you suddenly can't hear them well. I am also one of those people and so I got into the habit of forcing coolness into my singing. That's why I decided to rethink my foundations and change my way of singing.

HT: In simple terms, was Sayashi-san the reason for this?

Oda: That's right. Since Sayashi-san graduated, I get more and more of the feeling that she was truly amazing. The other day, I suddenly got a message from Sayashi-san. We talked about a lot of different things but there was a part of our discussion where she kinda said that I've changed. I've been thinking of this change myself, but never did I think that I would hear it from the person who made me change. It seemed to me that she messaged me because of this. Thinking of it that way, I realized that the things you inherit from your senpai, after some time has passed, truly are big.

HT: What do you think of the timing of her messaging you after all this time?

Oda: She said she was curious/worried so she messaged me. She asked me about the current state of Morning Musume and what kinds of problems we are having. She gave her thoughts on them and asked for my opinions as well.

HT: It really is ideal to have a senpai who you can talk to about those kinds of things even after they've graduated, isn't it?

Oda: That's right. Of course, Sayashi-san and Suzuki-san were from the same generation, but it was actually after their graduations that they've come to talk more about the group. I am alone in my generation so I have no one to talk to about these things. So more than the advice I get from members I see every day, I feel like the advice I get from Sayashi-san and Suzuki-san, whom I never see, has more of a bird's-eye view that I get to organize my feelings better. That's why I am very thankful whenever I get contacted by the two of them, especially as we are all of the same age. Meeting them in this different manner... Realizing that personal relationships change... I feel like I've met them anew. I'm happy.

HT: What kind of existence was Suzuki Kanon for you?

Oda: --- On the performance side of things, I thought about Sayashi-san while on aspects concerning life, I thought about Suzuki-san. ---

*Thx to ryu_uchida from H!O

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »

Here, have some Oda getting hit for all eternity.  :lol:

Ogata also kneed her in the face in DVD Mag. 80.
But Du has now nailed Sakura in dodgeball four times (that I know of).

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2017, 05:49:25 PM »

[Translation] 20 for the 20th to Discuss H!P Love!
https://ameblo.jp/iluvatarin/entry-12323178886.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:44:14 AM by Stryfe »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2018, 10:27:47 PM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:35:25 PM by muppet »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2018, 05:34:09 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2019, 09:08:58 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Doping Panda - Tell Me My Speaker Box