JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Kodou `00

Author Topic: (Group) Ladies' Code (레이디스 코드)  (Read 19660 times)

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Damn...
Rise has just passed away  :(. Reading about her condition and how they found her at the scene of the accident, I was expecting it. But damn..was still hoping for some miracle.
RIP Rise

Korean article about it
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201409071123401210

Will update once I find full translation

Offline ApplePeach

• ecchi
Shit just heard about it as well...sad news for sure  :cry:

RIP Rise and Eunbi

Any news about Sojung yet?

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Ladies' Code (레이디스 코드) - RIP Go Eun-bi & Kwon Rise
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2014, 05:02:47 AM »
Sojung is okay as of now. She gained consciousness a few days ago and underwent surgery for some fractures on her face.

Ladies’ Code member RiSe has passed away at the age of 23.

Ladies’ Code’s management agency, Polaris Entertainment, stated, “Kwon RiSe went to heaven on September 7, 10:10 a.m.”

It continued, “Although every attempt at surgery and treatment was tried after she sustained serious injury to her head during the accident that occurred in the early morning of September 3, RiSe drew her final breath.”

It is reported that her parents, who came from Japan, and her agency staff members were by RiSe’s side until the last moment.

Polaris Entertainment also notified that the location of RiSe’s wake has not been decided yet. It added, “We cannot hold back our apologies and also our grief in relaying this sad news following the news of EunB. We ask that many pray for these two members and for the remaining members, as well, who are most saddened.

Offline ApplePeach

• ecchi
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2014, 05:18:42 AM »
Man bad news after bad news for Ladies' Code. I can't imagine what the other members are going through...

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
Bad news after bad news. After hearing about sojung's recovery, i was hoping a miracle for Rise. RIP Eunb and Rise.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
This is truly tragic. RIP girls and their driver.

Seeing the background information section on the group's Wikipedia entry really hits home.

I feel relieved that this hasn't happened more often, but it's devastating that it happened at all.

I remember that when I was in Seoul last year, very few people wore seatbelts - they even gave me weird looks for wearing mine. Hopefully this encourages more people to put their safety first.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2016, 11:19:52 PM »
Ladies Code coming back next week!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »

It's perfect. Welcome back.  :bow:

What a comeback. The MV is full of symbolism, triangles, threes, just some really wonderful stuff... the two empty seats really got me, even if I'm not sure if that was intentional. And the two backing dancers, ugh.

The song is amazing, it's just great, love love love. The increasingly jazzy instrumental, the bass in the end, really perfect. I'm really glad this wasn't a quick cash-in on the sympathy, but a true labour of love.

The mini-album/ep/single is called Myst3ry, and it is a thing of threes, three members, three tracks, that all are quite wonderful:

I usually hate ballads, but what a song this is... that echo... feels larger than life. Really good stuff.

The last track is really not my style, but it's crafted so wonderfully I can't help but enjoy it.

A really great comeback, can't wait to see some (even if there won't be many) live stages.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:57:40 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2016, 12:07:49 AM »

These are just the best. :heart:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2016, 02:19:38 AM »

https://twitter.com/polaris_lc/status/783689062410391552

Ahhhhh yes.. Ladies' Code comeback on the 13th with mini-album "Strang3r".

Will have 3 new tracks (along with the Myst3ry ep tracks) and the title track is called "The Rain".

--

Galaxy is still at the very least among my top 3 k-tracks of the year, so I hope they release something in the same vein.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Ladies' Code (레이디스 코드)
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »

Teaser sounds groovy... Sojung's voice mmhh.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2016, 11:02:00 AM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2016, 09:57:28 PM »

At first I thought something about the mix was off, but it sounds better with headphones.

I think it's pretty great, although it's definitely not Galaxy. I'll try to get over this mix, maybe my mind is going...

--

No idea what is going on, the album mix is perfect. Maybe my sound system is breaking down...

Now that the mix seems normal, I have to evaluate this song some more, maybe a few dozen more listens before I start comparing it to Galaxy. :P

Rest of the new tracks:

First impression: good times.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:18:55 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 12:07:35 PM »

I still think the MV mix is inferior, at least for my sound system. Mainly in the solo singing verses, I feel the vocals overtake the music too much in the MV version, whereas in the album mix they're in perfect balance. Maybe it isn't noticeable to most people or maybe it's merely a problem on my end.

Anyway, Ladies' Code save kpop, second time this year already. Love this mini-album to bits. :bow:

--

M!Countdown
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:50:21 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »

The girls were on kiss the radio and performed The Rain and Jane Doe. Sojung also sang her solo track (well, essentially... Jung Key did the music for it).

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Kodou `00