JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ailee - Into the Storm (feat. Verbal Jint)

Author Topic: [02/26] Morning Musume '16 to be the MAIN GUEST of Anime Matsuri in Houston, TX  (Read 26324 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Great stuff so far- looking forward to more reports!

Offline cromartiedropout

• ecchi
  • Member+
Does anyone at the convention have a light stick I could borrow, buy, or rent?  Don't care what kind it is as long as it glows orange.  Let me know, thanks!

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Day 0: no news by the time I got to my hotel, badge pick up was done.

Day 1: ran into quite a few fans and some fellow Hipsters. Most of the day was standing in line :bleed eyes:.

Saw the girls at opening ceremonies and their Q+A right after. After dinner, getting back to my room I realized I was walking behind Zuki and one of the other beautiful ones. The girls are on my floor on my wing!!!! :yossi:(unless they were randomly walking halls).
Getting ready to head out to Hello Disco in a bit. Will have blurry pics and vids to post later.(camera and lap top are dinosaurs/ I suck taking pics)
Life is one time.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
I'm at the place for it.  Just hanging out for a bit before more convention stuff

Anyways... Day 1 report

Since the convention didn't start with the opening of the doors at 11:30 I decided to walk around the downtown area to look for stuff to do and eat.

Here's a few more in general

After all that I managed to find the line for Superpass and when the doors opened every rushed inside.  Only to wait for the merchanise (common thing, gives time to chat around)  After all that, getting the ticket and I went to buy whatever was needed for the family (t-shirts and  zombie alpaca)

I hanged more for other things before the opening ceremonies and they were wonderful and having Ayumin coming close was awesome with the banner signed by the fans.  With everything, after the ceremony they cleared out and put us back inside again to do the Q&A  the members got creative on their choices but the surprising part was that three in a row where it wasn't a question for them per se and showing their disappointment (#shock)

I did a little more walking before heading back for a dip in the pool and Jacuzzi.  Then, to me, has been the toughest part of finding dinner which after more walking it was the po boy catfish and shrimp

But with the timing and what not, I decided to head towards Hello! Disco instead just to know where the place is and honestly it was a little tough because of the distance but with the path in itself, the issue lied upon what was along the way rather than the distance.  I hanged out for a while before walking more to burn time beforehand.  It felt easier to guide people inside just to make sure they weren't lost and in the end, whoever managed to make it, did hopefully

Since I was helping them, I hanged for a bit and talked to the guard outside more to find a lot of the fears to be true so it may be interesting with the late end that may come for attendees so keep your guard up is pretty much the consensus.  I headed back for the nerdlesque show which was awesome for T&A time so mainly for this sake it is when they started.

The show was purely art in motion and enough where I didn't want to take anymore bc I was missing so much of it :nervous

Tomorrow will be the concert day so that's all I have of a brief report from the first day
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:35:20 AM by kuro_808 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
I did not know how this day could get better, but as you may have heard from others, Hello Party's child Hello Disco had a former member of Morning Musume show up. Aika came in and hung around for a good while soaking up the good vibes. 
I got the DJ to get Aika's solo song off the 9th album and play it (took some work because we couldn't remember the name). If anyone gets a chance to go to future hello partys I highly recommend it.
Life is one time.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
CROSS-POSTING FROM THE POSTWHORING THREAD!!

I just found out that the girls are staying on my floor and no stalking was involved.
I find it oddly awesome that we can now say that we've got a member here that has come within "stalking distance" of the girls.
:lol:

Hell, the fact that their room is on the same floor as yours is wickedly awesome in it's own right.  :thumbsup

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
:hipheart: BACK!!! check out Yuuyami's fan cams!! :bow:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
I did not know how this day could get better, but as you may have heard from others, Hello Party's child Hello Disco had a former member of Morning Musume show up. Aika came in and hung around for a good while soaking up the good vibes. 
I got the DJ to get Aika's solo song off the 9th album and play it (took some work because we couldn't remember the name). If anyone gets a chance to go to future hello partys I highly recommend it.

TOTALLY!! I never miss dat business. fucking great on em so proud of PomPom and Jen and Brian and TakeoRey Allen for doing this all these years good times mang lotsa laughs as my boyz ZaWolf and alohellofan can atest to!!! So good on you Riccky to be a respectful fan and showing Aika a good  time too!

FUCK!! CKD repping AX09  :shakeit:
@PhilCKD   
Got a chance to meet the beautiful @AniMiaOfficial at @AnimeMatsuri today! Thank you so much! <3

stolen from boykun's twitter: ‏@boykunnn  12h12 hours ago
Most popular member at Houston,

Mitsui Aika lol

cant wait for :hipheart: interview article to be posted too, JUST SAW SLACK PREVIEW PIX OMGASS!! HEY! check out NSK haha like they got a court order

@NewSchoolKaidan   
Our interview with Morning Musume '16 went well. Look forward to the article! #mm16houston

haha XD more stolen from Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchan twitter: "Maachan was drawing something in between signs. Result is shoved on manager's face "

credit: Yuuyami so many fancams yo arm must be tired!!!!  :hip smile:

GREAT SHIT!! Lookin forward to more reviews recaps and of course GROUP PHOTOS!!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Day 2

Since I crashed late the previous night, I woke up later than usual so I went to a place close to the convention center for breakfast
  biscuits and gravy FTFW

I walked into the vendor hall towards the back and sat in line, talking to other fans (beyond really what to expect which I had to trade in a ticket for another ticket :roll:)  So did the autographs and talked to them although Eripon... (bad vibes enough maybe bc I was looking forward :lol:)  Zukki was brief about her graduation message.  I told Duu I saw her for her solo in Saitama.  Getting to Haachin which she noticed the long-sleeve I was wearing (Disorganization at its best when they said they would sign shirts only to realize as long as it was MM merchandise >_<)  I had to tell them I live in Hawaii which led to Miki (No Japanese necessary  :w00t:)  She told me she hasn't visited Hawaii :lol:  So yeah going through the rest of the line, I decided to check out cars a few halls over

Decals were actually cooler than the cars :twothumbs

I had purchased some stuff so I was heading back before I got a msg from Chibs about tickets... it was the no surprise moment overall but in all honesty I was exhausted from just the general stuff that I actually went to get my pre-concert workout by walking around the general area and there is also a stadium for baseball Minute Maid Park but since no tours because of a college baseball tournament, I walked around there too so one out of thirty stadiums for MLB I have at least been around, hopefully next time I can get a tour or attend a game...

I went back to line up for the concert and the usual stuff up front before it started and walked in although the path a little awkward in front.

So brief annoyances... from the back which after the concert didn't really matter but I enjoyed it as much although chants and wotagei felt different from where I was from and I guess lack of space threw me off :nervous

After the concert, I just headed out to get food before certain restaurants close and returned back to the hotel for a brief meal and headed into the next day :hip smile:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
EMPANADA :drool: FUCK YEAH!!

i would totally go to Astrodome and shit too. Reliant Stadium! A must in every World Tour!

Flyp said Slack said they were at NASA. And he's there with other wotas trying to find dem XD

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Big thanks for all of your posts-
JPH!P '16

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:53:06 AM by muppet »

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Sorry for the delay. Been busy having a blast.
Lets see (will edit and add pics later, stuff on laptop needs to be swapped over cause laptop sucks.   Day 2: While at the hotel restaurant waiting to be seated, half of the girls just finished eating and walk right past me. (Wearing the same JPH!P ax '09m t-shirt.) met one of the cosplayer guests (Jennifer Van Damsel) who wore a Cammy outfit (she mentioned it on Friday at opening ceremonies, saying come take pictures of my butt[in true JPH!P spirit I did]).

saw the girls and took some vid and pics of them lining up for the superpass autographs. I was with a Japanese wota we got Aika's attention and pointed out her name on the shirt. She smiled waived and thanked me.

lots of lines for lines get a number for another line.... a con thing. Some of us got together for a bite before the final line and chilled a bit.

While lined up I was interviewed by guys from NHK (j-melo), Aika came out and was asking fans questions, while doing so I took a chance and got someone to ask her to take a picture with me(her pointing to her name on back of the shirt....again will add pic later.  Aika touched my back.
  Not being superpass  I didn't make it to the front row.    I was second row a bit off of the stage right with a good view of the stage. The concert was amazing, I had such a great time. Que link to setlist: 
https://ishidaayumisingapore.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/set-list-for-morning-musume-16-anime-matsuri-houston-concert-revealed/

Afterwards we gathered to celebrate, chant, pics and all that.  Aika came back out and asked people what they thought of the show.

A bunch of us wandered a bit looking for a place that could seat 18, sorry I need to get to bed....continue day 2 and day three later

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:02:11 AM by Rickker708 »
Life is one time.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
HAD A BLAST THIS WEEKEND!  :jphip:

Day 1:

Arrived in the afternoon, grabbed my autograph merch and ticket first thing before heading to opening ceremonies.

It was a large arena-style room, with all of the guests sitting on one side, and then crossing to the stage for their introduction, before making the rounds around the room for photo ops on their way back to their seats.

The announcer was blatantly like "Okay, then, let's just start with the most popular...[all of us MM fans start cheering and waving our lightsticks] and save them for last."  XD A+ trolling

Akane was so jetlagged, she kept falling asleep! And then the girls started noticing that we were noticing that she was falling asleep, ha. There was some ninth-gen discussions during the wait.

There were like a million cosplay guests, so it took so long to get through them that eventually management brought the girls their jackets. Some of them were wearing them backwards, like a blanket. Dawwww.

And then they didn't actually announce MM last, which meant that some poor schmuck was getting introduced on stage while MM was making the photo-op rounds and we were all still screaming for the girls, whoops.

MM's panel was in the same room right afterwards, but instead of confining us to the seats, they let us move up and sit on the floor right next to the stage.

The panel was hilarious! Yuuyami filmed the whole thing, but I can't reiterate how funny it was that pretty much everyone except for Eripon and Zukki got "stood up" at the panel, where a member would select who asked a question...and then that person would be another person's oshi.   :rofl: Ayumi and Duu said "I'm shock!" and Maachan did an outright faceplant. It was great. There were some pretty good questions!

J-TRI REPPING FOR JPHIP AT HELLO DISCO, PLAYING INTRO DON! And then they did a dance charades, where it was the audience that did the dances and the contestants had to guess. The best one was Aisu Cream to my Purin came up, and they didn't manage to guess it despite all of the body-wave ass-stroking. It was great. There was even Massara Blue Jeans. They guessed that one quickly.  XD
They finally had a reprise of Romantic Ukare Mode, so of course we got down to that shit with proper wotagei! J-Tri got shoved up on stage again!

And then of course we chose to leave Hello Disco early, probably not ONE MINUTE before Aika showed up. It was about 1:00 AM, and Aika had gone to the Hello!Project panel at the convention beforehand, which was why it was so late when she arrived at Hello Disco. Later we would find out that she performed Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito on the Hello Disco Stage! (no fancams have surfaced yet, though)

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Day 2

Superpass were required to pick up tickets in the morning due to some equipment problems the day before, and the session was limited to 120 tickets, so we lined up early for that shit. When they opened up dealer's hall, we SPRINTED across that shit to the autographs area like it was William Tell. There are windows into the upper upper floor, (like a balcony) so I bet there were people watching us run like rats through a maze going "wtf?"  :jphip:

At the session, I got an Oh My Wish CD signed. (Thanks for the CD, Japanese wota at Hello Disco! He was also doing a cheki photo graduation project for Zukki.) Didn't have anything to say at the girls, (probably should have mentioned New York. Ah well.) so I just said thank you each of them. I did try to go for a fist bump with Mizuki, but the manager SWOOPED IN and was like NO, and Mizuki crossed her arms and was like "saaaafe."  XD And then down the line, sometimes managers would SWOOP IN and grab the CD cover to give to the girls themselves, like just in case I got ~ideas~ about touching the girls that way, hah.  :lol: Duu commented on how my leather jacket was cool!
And Miki was just chatting to everyone in English, asking where we were all coming from. I repped Bay Area's J-pop Summit to her, so hopefully we'll get another UFA act here soon!
We got Eripon to do her "eeeeeeehhhh?" gag!
When the girls left after the session, they paraded through the Dealers' Hall, and Maa-chan and Sakura held hands the entire time.

And after getting my stuff, we all stayed to watched the girls, including cheering on Mitsui a lot, since she was going around holding a little camera and mic. They had to hold down and stretch out the T-Shirts to get them signed properly, so sometimes the girls would lean over to help one another, especially Maa-chan with Duu.

The concert was wild! There was some line fuckery, but I don't want to get into it here. I still managed to snag a spot on the railing towards stage right, which meant that for the first half, Miki was sitting right in front of us! I also got great eyefuls of Honey during the first half.  :wub:
Here's the setlist. I'm so happy that Love and Peace is now restored to its full gay glory. I expect more kissing in upcoming renditions. (Although Duu and Eripon were paired. BL, lol.)
The second MC of the concert was brilliant. Definitely watch Yuuyami's full fancam! Mitsui was MCing!
In the second half, they switched up the formations, so I got a bunch of 12th gen on my side. MARIA AND AYUMI rocking the dances, Mizuki and Sakura rocking the solos! (Ayumi got a lot of lines, too!) They did another costume change with outfits made just for this concert!

We eventually switched to green ocean and Zukki call for the encore call, but FUCK How Do You Like This Japan started up, and it was just pure fun. Sakura got the rapapapapa line. And they closed with One Two Three, which was brilliant. So much jumping.

And then after the concert, AIKA was doing the post-concert interviews! We sang happy birthday for a couple of people, too!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:16:06 PM by Rayle »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Day 3

The only MM event was the autograph session, but boy if it wasn't the best event of the weekend. We had all gotten to know the girls a little better in person, and the line was much slower, so there were a lot of gaps to call out to girls, and they responded, twelfth gen especially.

They were also trying to clear out the merch, so they let anyone who bought merch that day go through the line again. Lots of Superpass went through quickly that way, since Superpass always got priority in the line.

First of all, the girls seemed much less jetlagged than on Friday. They all bust through the curtains to enter the autograph area, with Maa-chan leading the pack and being all fabulous.  :lol:

But yeah, shenanigans! Cat got turned down by Eripon for flexing, so we decided to go after all of the other girls' muscles.  :lol: Maria got the guns, yo! She was flexing the hell out of that shit after we got her to. Ayumi's pretty ripped, too. Haa-chin's got noodle arms, lol.

We made Sakura crack up by yelling "Silvetica!" at her. We tried to get Duu on the Lilium train, too, but no dice. There were some Ayumi calls about Triangle, but she didn't really react. And, of course, Maa-chan was doing the fuck she wanted, drawing a face between autographs and sticking it on the manager's face.

We got Honey to do Jojo poses! And like at the last autograph session, we eventually had Maria full on dancing and miming stuff to us. We got most all of twelth gen going with a "mozzarella cheese" call.  :lol:

Most of ninth gen were blocked by the line, so when it finally cleared out, we got our share of Mizuki calls out.

And then they got up, did their outtro with us in the background, and got a final group photo with us!

Like Slack said afterwards, this was basically Kikka-at-Japan-Expo levels of interaction.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:35:30 AM by Rayle »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Day 3

It was get out of Downtown and check out a place my brother had asked beforehand and with only the autographs and the convention winding down.  I decided to use the rail outside of the hotel to head out to Reliant where the rodeo was and hanged around to notice that the Astrodome is right by the stadium.

Then, I traveled back into downtown for barbecue :twothumbs one of the better things was the food and something worthwhile.

I only returned to finish up shopping after the autograph session to look for deals which some had but most didn't :lol:

All in all the convention in itself was incredible and on the first day a guy who was one of the coordinators was telling me that they had representatives from the Hawaii one in Houston so it sounds like they may do a second one although to the extent that IDK what type of musical act they would bring which it works based on their scheduling.  So it was more for me to balance out enjoying the con in itself which if they had brought most of it here, it would be awesome.  Although the car one has to be more in advance but i think willing.

The area itself... made Hawaii look like we don't do enough construction as it is :lol:  Also it seemed like our homeless problem was pretty much calm rather than what I was walking through (yeah me wanting food= bad situations all around)

well I was hoping to get out of the downtown often but that didn't happen :lol:  I felt more scared honestly walking around although that one brah was getting on my nerves so I had to really get out of there quick

That's it from me :hip smile:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rickker708

• Member+

And then of course we chose to leave Hello Disco early, probably not ONE MINUTE before Aika showed up. It was about 1:00 AM, and Aika had gone to the Hello!Project panel at the convention beforehand, which was why it was so late when she arrived at Hello Disco. Later we would find out that she performed Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito on the Hello Disco Stage! (no fancams have surfaced yet, though)
She didn't get on stage and perform, she was upstairs above the stage, she was more singing and dancing along to the song, Many of us got on the stage to dance for her, but it was fucking epic.

Day 2 cont / by this point actually day 3 We found a cool joint a few blocks away and settled in for drinks and some good grub. Ended up playing a round of FMK Idol edition. Current members of HIP only.
My turn I chose Maimi, Airi, and Nakki (current MM and all other groups to young for me). Maimi always F, Nakki M, and poor Airi K.

Day 3: While walking to the elevator to line up for Autographs, I passed 2 of the girl (the one that hurt her leg and one of the younger girls pushing her wheelchair) and we exchanged hellos. 
I ended up in the middle of the rows of people in line so I didn't get a clear shot of the girls coming in to the signing area. 
     The line moved pretty steadily, and soon enough I was next.   I should mention I wore the 10th anniversary JPH!P shirt and it was after the JPHIP press interview. Half the girls lit up with bright smiles and made the peach/upside down heart/Rika ass symbol. I said good morning in Japanese to them(or close to it, something I learned in the Navy) and then Arrigato  (goodzaimass) after they signed my concert t.
 Near the middle Aika was next to me filming the whole thing, said excuse me while she got a shot of the girl in front of me signing my shirt.  I said "Aika Daisuki".
   One of the girls asked if I knew Japanese after the hello and I said I know very little. The girl in the wheelchair is the one who spoke english and I told her I saw the episode of J-melo that she hosted and thought she did a really good job on it. She smiled and thanked me.

After getting through the line all the high tension I had been feeling was gone Every thing I wanted-needed to do was done. Walking to the crowd watching, I lifted up my newly signed prize and yelled YATTA!!! and everyone cheered. We would play attention getting games with the girls who had some free time waiting on fans.
At the end the girls came over and lined up in front of the fans. They asked us all to be quiet and filmed a bit, when they cheered we all did to.  It was a little to soon, so the all turned to the crowd and put finger to lips shushing us.

more later....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:28:10 AM by Rickker708 »
Life is one time.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
TX is now MM territory

Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Anyone get word on the fanclub release? Want to try and stay on top of that and make sure to get a copy.  J-Melo just re-showed the episode that featured the girls in Houston. I'm behind Jen when they show us chanting in the hall after the concert. Didn't see any of the interviews though and am wondering if they will be on the dvds?
Life is one time.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ailee - Into the Storm (feat. Verbal Jint)