JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sherbets - Light Blue

Author Topic: The Waste of a Wish - [ANNOUNCEMENT]  (Read 148739 times)

Offline Goto24

• Member+
  • I Luv 48 & 46G! Fav pairs are: YuiParu & SayaMilky
Re: The Waste of a Wish - Chapter 15 (07-14) | M.T. (II)
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »

Track #13. Say Yes by Loco ft Punch
*shout out to Goto24 who shared this song.

You guys are most welcome~~  :inlove:
Also, thank you for the shoutout~~  :twothumbs

By the way MatsuiLee-san, I noticed that the playlist is full of Filipino songs  :ding:

P.S: I love the playlist. Maybe I'll send some more recommendations, if that's ok.  :nervous
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:34:11 PM by Goto24 »

Offline LuckyMatsui

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Crazy. Weird. WMATSUI.
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »
@Goto24: Yup, and most of the songs are my suggestion. I just really like songs from different countries and reading the translated lyrics, characters of this season always comes to my mind, especially Fuyu hehehe.
Matsui Rena + Matsui Jurina =

Offline yuuri14

• Silent Reader but when I'm hooked to it I'll comment, I'm currently living and working in Japan. はじめましてアバンユリかですよろしくおねがいします
  • Member+
  • WMitsui, YuiParu, Paruru
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2017, 08:03:49 AM »
@shortcut48: yes it is, i kind of liked that version than the original one hehe
[Imagine this for the next chapter :hip smile:]
Anyway guys on the last chapter we had a cliff hanger with both Fuyu, Fumie and Yuma run off somewhere try to imagine that the songs we suggested was playing on that scene its kind of a cool right 😂😂 anyway we are waiting for it 😍😍😍

[AKB48]
[Shimazaki Haruka/Paruru]
[YuiParu Pair]
[WMatsui Pair]
> I love reading books and Fan Fics as my past time.

Offline shortcut48

• Member+
The Waste of a Wish - Chapter 16 (07-21) | M.T. (III)
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »

Chapter 16: RESET OR RECOLLECT?

SHINODA-SENSEI went to inspect the grave, the first time that he looked at it since he arrived there. He only heard about Hoshino Maru as a foreigner who made noise in Japan because of how mysterious she is and as an idol protector. She has left a big impact in the country before she died of a car accident. The government even made a statue for her in Akihabara where she is seen looking up at the AKB Theater. But when the theater closed, her statue was also removed.

“So, this is where you got buried, Hoshino-san.” Shinoda smiled at himself. “You were such a mystery, weren’t you? Even having a book about you published years after your death.”

Shinoda suddenly heard footsteps together with shouts. He rolled his eyes and then sighed. “Don’t tell me there are really students who got lost here?”

Yuma arrived at the grave site with a roll. He tripped to some stone but he didn’t mind. He was chasing for his breath but his face is a complete picture of satisfaction right after his eyes landed on the small hill in the middle.

“G-Goodness…” Yuma fell back to his feet. “It is really here. It is exactly looks like the way it was described in the book.” Yuma wiped his tears. He is being overcome by his emotion. “I’m not a crazy, mystery-loving shonen—OUCH!”

His head flew a little bit forward when Aki knocked him off. The band vocalist was also in a chase of his breath. Behind him is the fisher. “What the hell is wrong with you running away just like that?”

Aki was taken aback when he saw Yuma’s crying face. The boy just pointed at the grave while he continued sobbing.

“Hey kids! What are you doing here? This place is restricted.” Shinoda finally caught their attention. He was a bit surprised that someone came here crying. “Are you Hoshino Maru-san’s relative by any chan—“

Shinoda’s sentence was cut when the three gasped in chorus. Yuma cried even harder.

“Sensei said it is Hoshino Maru-san’s grave. Maru-sama~~~!”

Miyu and Aki felt their skin crawl. They looked at each other with surprised faces.

“T-This is real?” Aki asked himself as he looked back to the direction of the grave.

“Can someone explain me what is happening?” Shinoda asked. He is getting a bit irritated.

“Shingyoji-senpai!!!”

They all turned to the direction of the voice and they saw Risao running. Before him is Fumie who is already about a meter from the grave. Her eyes are wide open, her stare fixed to the grave. Another roll of gasps was heard from the first group.

“F-Fumie…” Miyu called out to her friend. She couldn’t believe that she also arrived there. And what is with that look on her face?

Haru arrived short after. He was surprised to meet Team A in that place. All of them are at loss of what is really happening. For a moment the whole place was filled with silence and only the sound of the wind could be heard. Everyone’s attention was on Fumie whose eyes started to shed tears before she even realize it.

“Waah! Why is everyone here?”

Everyone’s attention then transferred to Asuka. She arrived with Fuyu carrying her on his back. Manaki was also in a shock. He started to think that there was actually a plan to meet in this place. Fuyu looked at everyone who are also looking at him strangely until his eyes landed to Fumie. For the first time since they met, Fumie didn’t avoid his stare. She looked at him with those watery eyes.

He went to gently put Asuka back to her feet. “What are you all doing here?”

“That should be my question.” Shinoda stated. “This area is restricted that’s why I am guarding this. What are you all doing here?”

“Hoshizora-senpai also arrived.” Yuma murmured, audible enough for the people close to him. “This doesn’t seem like a good idea.”

Fuyu frowned even more as he really couldn’t comprehend anything. His feet brought him there and now almost everyone is here. What is with this place? He looked back at Fumie whose eyes are still on him. His heart broke at the girl’s crying face.

“W-Why are you crying?” He asked as his feet automatically moved once again, drawing him closer to where Fumie is. The girl sobbed even more at the sight of this man coming towards her. She covered her face as it started to crumple. Her eyes shed even more tears. Why? She doesn’t even know herself. All she knows is that she is extremely happy seeing that he still cares for her.

“H-Hey…” Fuyu gently called out to her. “Stop crying, will you?”

Fumie looked back at him, her eyes are already swollen. She tried to wipe her tears away as she called out to him, “S-Senpai…”

Fuyu was about to reach out to her when his attention was caught by the grave which is surrounded by marbles. His eyes got stuck to it in an instant reading all the names that are written on it.

Everyone gasped when the guy suddenly fell into his knees while holding his head. Groans due to pain were heard from him. Right after reading the name of the one resting in the grave, he suddenly felt his heart beat fast and there goes this throbbing pain in his head.

“Senpai!” Fumie tried to keep him up for he has been coiling due to pain. Everyone rushed to him, calling out his name.

His hands clenched as his groans became even more audible. He seems to be in extreme pain. Fumie held her in her arms as she tried to remove his hands from his head to avoid him from hurting himself.

“Senpai!” Fumie called out to him once again.

“Yuma-kun, what is happening!?” Miyu asked. She is already panicking.

Yuma is also in a state of shock. It took time for him to speak up. “I-I don’t have any idea as well.” His eyes are fixed to Fuyu; he couldn’t erase the heaviness that is filling him up. He gulped. He lied when he said he doesn’t have any idea. The truth is he already got a hunch of what is happening. It just either of the two—reset or recollect.

He also tried to observe Fumie. The girl was already crying before she reached the site. Did she just remember something from her past life? Do the feelings of Shimazaki Haruka finally manifest?

“Tch!” Shinoda clicked his tongue. “Are you guys playing a dokkiri against me!? This isn’t nice at all!” He reached out for his phone and was about to contact AkiGori for help when Fuyu suddenly went calm.

The guy was still chasing for his breath as his balled fists loosened. When he rose up his head, his face seemed like he has just realized something very important. Those wide opened eyes would never tell a lie. He slowly looked up at Fumie who properly returned stare.

“S-Senpai…” the girl called out in a soft voice. “Are you okay now?”

Fuyu didn’t respond. He remained looking at his precious girl. Fumie tried to smile but a tear managed to escape from her eyes. “You see, Senpai… I don’t understand but I think I—“

“It’s gone…”

“Eh?” Fumie was halted when Fuyu suddenly spoke. All ears were on him. “W-What do you mean?”

“The scent…” Fuyu looked a bit horrified. His head dropped, he could feel his whole body shaking. “The scent is gone…”

“야! 뭐하는 거야!? 여기는 제한 구역이야!” (Hey! What are you doing here!? This is a restricted area!)

Their attention transferred to the old Korean guy who just arrived. He seems to be the one responsible in taking care of the grave with all the tools he is carrying. With his eyebrows in a deep frown, he came rushing to where Fuyu and the others are.

“학생들?” (Students?) The old guy murmured after looking at their gym clothes. “빨리 가 애들아! 여긴 제한 구역이라고!” (Leave right away, kids! This area is restricted I say!)

They all stood there unable to understand whatever the man was saying. Fuyu stood up and then helped Fumie to stand up. It was the first time that he reached out to her and the girl also reached out for his hand. But, as soon as Fumie is back to her feet, he immediately let go of her hand. This left the girl into a feeling of missing something that she has longed for.

Fuyu went to face the Korean guy and then left everyone shock.

“죄송합니다. 길을 잃어버렸어요.” (We’re very sorry. We kind of lost our way.)

Everyone in the back gasped. Did they just hear him speak Korean? They thought that he was just saying random words but the old man understood him which was evident when this frown flattened.

“우리는 일본에서 왔는데요. 혹시 일본말 할 줄 아세요?” (We are from Japan. By any chance do you know how to speak Japanese?)

The guy was mesmerized. For a while he thought that Fuyu was actually a Korean because his pronunciation was so natural.

“Japanese! I see… you are the ones who are having a trip today, right?” Finally, something that everyone could understand. The caretaker knows how to speak Japanese. “I thought a teacher would be here to guard the area but why are you gathered here?”

“I-I’m sorry…” Shinoda stepped forward while scratching the back of his head. “We are about to leave as well. These kids are just having something sorted out. I am very sorry that I couldn’t tend the place very well.”

Shinoda bowed for an apology which the students also did. The caretaker couldn’t help but to give out a sigh. He made his way to the grave and pulled out a cloth from his pocket. They just watched him wipe the dirt on the grave.

“Well…” the old man sighed. “It has been a very long while since Hoshino-san got visitors so I guess this would be fine. You didn’t do anything to her grave, right?” He then robbed a glimpse of Fumie whose eyes are obviously swollen. His brows furrowed a bit.

“We didn’t do anything, Sir.” The teacher answered. “But, may I ask you one thing? Why is this place restricted?”

The old man stopped with his job and turned to them. His spirit seems to be a little down. “My parents have passed me the responsibility in guarding this place. I heard that it was all thank to this person that our clan managed to cope up financially. From what I have heard from them, Hoshino-san was someone who became famous in Japan. Have you guys heard of her?”

The man laughed a bit. “I wonder if you have heard about someone who has lived almost a century ago.” He went back to his job but his story didn’t finish there. “There was a sudden influx of visitors by the time I was in middle school. People were saying that they have read about the grave on a certain book and came to verify its existence. That’s when my parents decided to prohibit entrance to this area of the mountain since they’ve been littering and vandalizing the place.”

“Is that so?” Yuma murmured as he looked at the plate where the name was written. It does seem like it was just restored.

“I’ve known Hoshino-san’s story from my parents even before the book came to existence so I was really shocked about how that book came to be. I just thought that maybe, Hoshino-san is still trying to fulfill her promise to the person she loves. So I swore to myself that I will take care of this place even though it sounds absurd hoping that this may lead them back together.”

“But slowly… she got forgotten, right?” All attentions suddenly went to Fuyu. He is just looking at the grave. There is still a bit of pain evident in his face. “She got forgotten by those people who visited her grave. Probably the person that she has been searching for has also forgotten about her.”

Fumie lowered her head even more. She felt a pinch in her heart.

“Well,” the Korean guy held his arms in akimbo as he looks at his finished product. He then turned back to the visitors. “It may be like that… but it would be really nice if they have found each other in their present lives. My grandparents even built a museum for her on the other side of this mountain.”

He then looked at Fumie as if he is observing everything about the girl. He then raised his glasses a bit. “How about we go to the museum now?”

THE MEMBERS of Team N couldn’t even try to hide their grin as they saw the other groups approaching. The three looked very much worn out but their spirits are on fire.

“Sorry that we came first!!!” Natsu welcomed them with a huge smile on his face.

“All thanks to my teleportation skill we arrived here in no time! We’ve been waiting for you for ages!!!” Maki high-fived with Natsu and Akane. Their prides just won’t let the others know that they got stuck doing weird faces and the fact that they just arrived around five minutes ago. They laughed their victory laugh but seeing the atmosphere of the group that just arrived led them to finish their celebration awkwardly.

“What the hell just happened?” Natsu asked. “Why do you all look so gloomy?”

“Did something happen along the way, Kaichou?” Akane asked.

Haru shrugged. “I don’t really know what’s going on. I will try to explain later. Is everyone already inside?”

“Hai.” Akane nodded. “Everyone arrived safely. We are just actually waiting for the tour guide.”

“I will be doing the tour.” Everyone turned to the mysterious Korean guy that is already on his way inside the little museum. They all just followed him and the students’ attention all turned to Fumie. The girl stepped back, confused of why all eyes are on her.

“S-Sugoi~!” Miyu marveled while looking at the pictures displayed all over. She was not surprised that this museum still exhibits things in the old-fashioned way. There is something more behind that amazement. “T-The girl just look like you, Fumie!”

All of them looked around and was astounded as well. There are framed pictures of seemingly past idols hanged on the wall. There are many girls in the photos but there is this one girl that almost came out in all of the pictures and the said girl looks exactly like Fumie. What are the odds?

“This is a bit creepy…” Aki rubbed his shoulders as he could feel his skin crawling.

“A-A…A…” The old man tested his mic which caught everyone’s attention. “Good day everyone and welcome to Byeol Museum. I am the owner of this place; my name is Park Sang-hyun. I will be the one touring you to this humble museum which was built to somehow fulfill a wish. Shall we start?”

The old man led them around while explaining the origin of the pictures. Fumie was about to approach Fuyu but she was halted when Asuka approached the guy before her.

“Are you okay now, Fuyu-kun?” The idol asked and held on to Fuyu’s sleeve. The guy just gave her a nod and then gently patted her head. That’s all and they followed the flock.

Unable to do anything, Fumie clenched her fists and moved on. That display of frustration won’t escape the eyes of the Prince of Spring.

“Is there anyone here who has read the novel entitled Things That Mix that was written by Yuki Koi?” The students looked at each other and only a few people raised their hands. This includes Fumie, Miyu, Maki, Yuma and Akane. The old man was not surprised about the number of people who are knowledgeable about the said book. It may be popular to the generation of their parents and grandparents but he highly doubts that this is still popular these days.

“This story was written as a tribute to the person who managed to blend in into the world of national idols. She started as a photographer of the group then later made her own name in the entertainment industry.” The old man took a deep breath “Her name is Hoshino Maru.”

The students started murmuring to each other for how familiar that name is. Some remembered the statue that was placed in Akihabara before; some were talking about how their parents talked about this girl. Others are talking about the legendary idol group that once reigned all over Japan.

“Everything that you are seeing in here, all of these are pictures that Hoshino Maru-san took herself while she is still in the group called AKB48. If you are still clueless of that group then I think you should go and ask yourself if you are really Japanese.”

The students laughed. Who wouldn’t know about AKB48? They might be long gone but they made a huge impact in the hearts of many people. But, Hoshino Maru and the book? They were wondering about the connection since everyone believes that it was just a late fanfiction.

They continued walking inside the humble museum, looking at the wonderfully taken pictures. All of them are printed and are well preserved. It seems like these Koreans are really treasuring everything that’s in here.

“There are people from the Japanese entertainment that came here but they just labeled this place as fake. They claimed that these pictures aren’t really taken by Hoshino Maru but the truth is everything came from a memory card that Hoshino-san entrusted to her adoptive father before being euthanized. Japan was unaware of its existence since they have never learned of the real happening after the car accident until the book came into existence. Well, it’s not that everyone believes that the happenings after the accident are true.”

“That seems credible.” Miyu whispered to Maki. The other girl also couldn’t believe that such a place like this exists. Maki knows about the story since her mother got some sort of extra attachment to it. Everything that Yuma is talking about and now this—it is such a big mystery!

“As you all can see, these are the pictures of the idols during Hoshino-san’s time. These pictures were never released to the public and they are just available in this place. Taking pictures of them are strictly prohibited.” The old man cleared his throat. His thoughts are all over the place since it has been a long time that he has led the tour himself.

“If you have noticed, there is one girl that came out in most of the photos. In the story, Hoshino-san fell in love with this one girl from the group and they promised each other to be lovers again in their next lives. That is the main purpose of this museum—to somehow be of help to get them together.

The old man heard snickers from the students. He expected this kind of response. No one really believes about this kind of things anymore. Most of the students are finding everything absurd. Operating a museum just to help dead people find each other in their present lives? They would rather play Sword Art Online which feel more authentic than this story.

“I know you have questions in your minds such as ‘Why prohibit taking pictures if you want them to find each other?’’Would it be better to have this presented to the public?’ Well for me, I am just taking care of the place because I believe one day their feet will lead them here.”

The old man led them into a small auditorium inside the museum. They were told to take a seat for a moment to take a rest but then the lights suddenly dimmed. Everyone gasped.

“This is the final stop of your tour in the Byeol Museum.” That was the old man speaking on a microphone. His voice echoes throughout the whole auditorium. “As a tradition, we are going to play one of the last recordings that Hoshino Maru-san has recorded.”

“S-S-Sugoi!” Yuma stammered. He could feel his skin crawling up. “They were able to get her recordings!?”

“This is her last message to the person she loves. This record has never reached the person during the time she was alive. This was prepared by Hoshino-san to her lovers’ future self. We have been letting visitors listen to it hoping that one of them might be that person.”

Suddenly, the whole room was lighted by stars. Everyone marveled; this little room is a mini planetarium!

“Recording this through your phones is also strictly prohibited. Please refrain from doing so. Saa, here it is…”

The old man played the precious recording and the students sat there thrilled of what kind of message they are going to hear. There was a long silence at first, there wasn’t any background music. It’s going to be Maru’s pure voice.

Haruka…

There it is! Fumie raised her head with a jolt. It was the exact same voice that she hears inside her head. It was the exact same voice that calls her in her dreams; the voice that led her to the grave. Yuma noticed her response to the call. There is no doubt about this.

I wonder if you are still called like this at this life. I hope you are doing fine. I hope you are healthy and you are always smiling. I know for sure that you are still as beautiful as the first time that I have met you but… I can’t help but to wonder about how you look right now.

They heard the speaker snickered a little. The girls giggled. They could feel how in love the speaker is. Sasuga Maru-sama. Your charm still works up to this day.

Will you remember me? To be honest that is my biggest fear now. I’m not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of what might happen in the future. Don’t worry. I promise I will be healthy and my eyesight will be as sharp as an eagle. I will not be a burden to you...

When I find you in my next life, will you remember me? If I call out unto you, will you remember my voice? If I hug you out of happiness, will you hug me back?

You will, right? You will remember the annoying hood-wearing, four-eyed, short-haired, self-destructive girl from your past life, right? You will remember me, right?

The girl stopped speaking for a moment and sobs were heard in the background. There are students who are leaning forward, waiting for what she is going to say next. Some are already riding the wave of emotions.

You will remember me because you love me too, right?

A drop of tear escaped Fumie’s eyes. She coiled forward as her heart started to suffer even more.

I don’t know how I will look for you but I will surely find you. This thing I could guarantee you. When that day comes please smile at me and welcome me back to your arms. Please do not drive me away or even tell me that you don’t remember even a bit about me. I’m okay to receive salty treatment in the beginning but please tell me that you remember me.

I might not be the same Hoshi in that life. There might be changes but I will assure you one thing—my heart will always go back to you. Even if you change as well I won’t mind. As long as you won’t drive me away I guess I will be fine.

I’ve been rejected by people I love almost my entire life and I don’t really care about it anymore. But to be honest, I’m really bad at being rejected by you. It pains me a lot. So… Haruka… Please…

More sobs were heard. Just the sound of her crying was able to break the hearts of the people listening to her.

I know you might hate me for leaving you behind too early but I promise I’ll be back. I just don’t really want to find out that you have given up everything just to take care of the invalid me. Until that time that we meet again, please wait for me. Be healthy. Smile always... I will surely make up to all my short comings. On that day that we will finally meet again please remember me…

I really, really love you, Haruka...

This is
your Hoshi... signing off.

-TBC-

Can you still breathe?
I love girls in short cut...

Offline LuckyMatsui

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Crazy. Weird. WMATSUI.
Re: The Waste of a Wish - Chapter 16 (07-21) | M.T. (III)
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2017, 03:36:53 PM »
Cliffhanger again.....  :mon exhaust:

Anyways, thanks for the update Cliffhanger-san :mon nyah:

Offline DeNight

• Member+
    • ArchDeNight
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »
Shortcut-san, konbanwa.

So, yeah, I finally brought myself to read this new story. The scar left from TTM hasn't completely healed, but I had already lost many precious sleeping hours to read the whole thread. So, you better take responsibility and keep on writing this story until the very end. *lol*

I won't be able to give you a chapter to chapter comment. But, let me assure you that you are doing great. Your writing is exciting, as always :)

However, remember how you admitted that you made Maru suffered so much in TTM? I hope you intend to give her a better life in this one. Because, the poor girl had suffered too much and, so far, I saw that Fuyu had, too.

I am still a Yui-oshi and YuiParu shipper til the end. But, it doesn't mean that I want to see Maru suffer. You managed to make us, readers, fell for her as well after all.

But, with that being said, I hope you'll give Yui a better life as Haru as well. Because, in TTM and in this story so far, if Paru was a princess, Yui always ended up like as a samurai assigned as her guardian. Even though she fell in love with the princess, this samurai was aware that she shouldn't, she couldn't. She should keep on protecting the princess as she had sworn to do while watching from the sidelines as the princess fell for a foreign prince (in this case, Maru). *huh...actually that seemed like an interesting plot full of angst....

(With all this possible angst, I kept on consoling myself by thinking that: in all those past lives where MaruParu didn't end up together, including in Yuki Koi time, Paru might ended up with Yui. Or, at least, Yui was always there for Paru, to accompany her, until she found Maru. *Yep. Another angst, but better than thinking that even in those times, Yui didn't meet Paru either.)

By the way, I also remember that Mayu was a JunMarco shipper. So, when I read that Yuma didn't know why, but he felt like it was his duty to make sure that Maru and Paru fulfilled their promise, I could only think about one thing:

Yukirin was a MaruParu shipper. Did Mayu make a promise to Yukirin or something like that in one of their past lives? Perhaps, Yuma will only be able to meet this day Yukirin if he fulfill the promise to help MaruParu ship sailing?

*yeah...me and my imagination. Lol.

Oh, and about HaruAki rumors and fanfics... I guess it's kind of a karma for Sayanee's obsession over JunMarco BL fic in TTM. Well... Sayanee and Mayu. Lol.

Okay. I think I said enough. Thank you for this story. Will be looking forward to the next chapters :)

Offline yuuri14

• Silent Reader but when I'm hooked to it I'll comment, I'm currently living and working in Japan. はじめましてアバンユリかですよろしくおねがいします
  • Member+
  • WMitsui, YuiParu, Paruru
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
Noooooooooo!!!! Why are you always doing this to us Cut-sama!!! :bleed eyes:

P.s
Cliche scene haha just kidding awsome as always thank you 😂😂

[AKB48]
[Shimazaki Haruka/Paruru]
[YuiParu Pair]
[WMatsui Pair]
> I love reading books and Fan Fics as my past time.

Offline Goto24

• Member+
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2017, 04:17:15 PM »

Can you still breathe?

No..... Cause I felt that I might've taken my last breath reading that chapter.

I mean like.................WHY??!!!!!!  :scolding:

Like seriously..............WHAT THE FUDGE??!!!!  :OMG: :angry1: :frustrated: :mon mad: :mon headbang: :mon fire:

More cliffhangers.........   :stoned:

I might die by the time this story ends........  :on roll:

But thanks for the update Cut-san / Cliffhanger-san / Waru-kun~  :farofflook: :nya:

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2017, 08:26:18 AM »
The scent dissappear??!! Masaka!! Maru stopped trying to get Fuyu and Fumie together??!!  :on speedy:
Maru's last recording..  :pleeease:

Offline shortcut48

• Member+
The Waste of a Wish - Chapter 17 (07-24) | M.T. (IV) - Because I'm A Fool
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2017, 08:39:57 AM »

Chapter 17: M.T. (IV) - BECAUSE I’M A FOOL

[Treasure the people you have in your life now. They won’t be here forever. You don’t know when they will be taken away from you or for how long they are willing to hold on. Just as strong as my wish that Hoshino Maru-san has already found Shimazaki Haruka-san, I hope that all of you here would find that one person that will complete you.]

Those were the parting words of the museum owner before they went out of the auditorium. Fuyu suddenly vanished. Asuka was sure that he sat beside her but when the lights went back, he was nowhere to be seen. She just found that he already went out the hall even before the playback of the recording started.

“I’m not interested”, is all that he said and then went back to the bus. He didn’t even look back at the museum. He said that he is already hungry and he doesn’t have any time for useless things like that.

After that was the late lunch. They were brought into a very fancy Korean Barbecue restaurant and there they filled their stomach with the delicious fried meat. It was indeed a late lunch but students didn’t seem to mind. They were talking about their experience in the museum which quite marveled them. Most of them have already searched for information about the said book and some even went to purchase its digital copy.

They couldn’t stop talking about how sad they felt while listening to the recordings. Though they still have some sort of doubt if that was really Hoshino Maru or just some random actress who fabricated the recording. But, it seems like everything that they have seen was credible. The owner of the museum will not benefit anything at all from doing it so they started to believe that he is really doing this with a pure heart.

They also couldn’t believe about Fumie’s strong resemblance to Shimazaki Haruka. Some were even thinking that she’s probably the exact same girl and Hoshino Maru ended up as Hoshizora Fuyu. It seems like NHG’s students aren’t that slow.

“That is what I have been telling all of you!” Yuma hit the table with his palm. “I told you that Hoshizora-senpai was Hoshino Maru and Shingyoji-san was Shimazaki Haruka-san! Now you believe me? Huh? Huh? Huh?

They were sitting on a long table. Haru, Natsu and Aki are present. Miyu, Fumie, Maki and Asuka are also there. Fuyu was dragged to another table by Risao and Manaki and surprisingly, he just agreed. He went to eat with them which delighted his juniors except the Drill Sergeant who was on the same table.

“We can’t help it! It was really hard to believe in the first place!” Maki argued.

Yuma turned to her with a sharp stare. “But you believe 100% about your powers, right?”

“Of course! They are authentic!”

“Oh, come on!”

Yuma slapped his forehead and sighed. He turned to Fumie who was sitting in front of him. She found her looking at him with wide-opened eyes, lips parted a little.

“What is it, Shingyoji-san? Still couldn’t believe?” Yuma asked, seems like he is already tired of explaining everything. “Do you need more proof?”

Fumie tilted her head. “I’m just wondering when did you transfer to our school?”

“PFFT!” Everyone tried to stop their selves from laughing while Yuma slapped his forehead again with greater force.

“I’ve been your classmate since last week. Thank you for finally noticing me.” Yuma sarcastically answered. “Thanks to these two girls that has been keeping me away from you.”

Maki and Miyu turned their heads to another direction, playing innocent.

“Okay, Watanabe-kun…” Haru swallowed his food before continuing. “If what you are saying is true, could you explain why Fuyu is suddenly acting like this? He looks like he is easily irritated right after that scene on the grave.”

“That’s true.” Natsu seconded. “He murmured something after the pain in his head went away, right?”

“He said that is gone.” Aki stated in a low voice. “The scent.”

Silence followed that statement. They were just waiting for whatever Yuma is going to say.

“There are actually two possibilities.” Yuma broke the silence. The serious look on his face doesn’t help the atmosphere at all. “He might’ve remembered everything or all was reset.”

“What do you mean by reset?” Miyu asked. “You mean he has already forgotten about the promise his past self has made?”

“Basically.” Yuma answered as he crossed his arms. “He has ceased living for that promise and is ready to start a new life.”

“But earlier he was speaking Korean. Does he really know how to speak it or is it because Hoshino-san was from a Korean descent?” Miyu held her hands together. “There might be a chance that he has remembered!”

“Fuyu-nii spoke Korean?” Natsu asked while chewing. “He is learning Korean since we were in grade school because he is really interested to this country. I guess he has finally put it into practice.”

“Ehh…” Miyu’s shoulders dropped. Yuma rubbed his chin as he thinks.

“There are incidents like that when people started to do the things their past selves can do when they came to a place significant to their past selves. There was someone who has never played piano but after reaching his past self’s home, he started playing piano out of nowhere. It happened that he was a well-known pianist in his past life. I was also hoping that the reason he suddenly spoke Korean was because Maru-sama was a Korean but it turned out that he was learning it.”

“If he has remembered everything then he should have gone all the more to Fumie-chan, am I right?” Aki voiced out what’s on his head.

“Exactly.” Yuma nodded. “If he has remembered everything then he will not let go of Shingyoji-san anymore! But look at him. He is completely ignoring her. He also said he isn’t interested with the recording a while ago. Right, Saito-senpai?”

“Y-Yes…” The girl stammered when she was suddenly called. She doesn’t like what they are talking about. She has just confessed her feelings for Fuyu and now they are telling her that he is meant for no one else but Fumie. How is she supposed to react with this?

“Well, we all have heard it.” Natsu placed his chopsticks on the table before leaning backwards. “That Maru person said that she’s bad in being ignored by the person she loves but…” He took a glimpse of Fumie who’s hanging her head low. “The girl who we believe as the reincarnation of Shimazaki Haruka-san kept on pushing him away.”

Yuma also put his chopsticks down. The food is something that he doesn’t normally eat but he doesn’t have the appetite to eat. He couldn’t force himself to eat.

“Normally, children remember something about their past lives but as the innocence is being taken away as they age, they tend to forget about the reason why they were born again. I was actually pretty amazed that Hoshizora-senpai still remembers that even though he is already 18. I really think that he is really eager to fulfill the promise. But I guess the things that happened in his present life have already pushed him to give up.”

Everyone’s spirit fell down after that conclusion from Yuma. They have heard from the guy that they are all friends in their past lives thus the heavy feeling about what’s currently happening to Fuyu.

Yuma looked up in the ceiling and closed his eyes. “Maa, I guess that’s it.” He sighed. “It’s over if Hoshizora-senpai has already given up. He already ran out of time.“

Haru wiped his lips with a tissue. “Everything is already in the past. It doesn’t matter anymore. We are new people with new background and new personalities. We have new memories. It will be better for us if we are going to stop talking about things that don’t matter anymore.”

Yuma felt hurt hearing those words from Haru. The latter was right. A lot of things have already changed. What happened in the past cannot be continued at the present time. It cannot be altered. He thought that he could get support from someone but no one is voicing out anything about getting the two back together.

“Fumie-chan wants to be an idol and she doesn’t feel the same way about Fuyu. Now that Fuyu has woken up to this reality, I will help him stand up and maximize his abilities. I’ll be taking care of him.”

Haru noticed Fumie’s hands rolled into fists. He also observed how the girl bit her lips as she listens to everything that he is saying. He noticed the showcase of frustration but he didn’t seem to mind.

“Let’s forget about all these happenings.” Haru stressed out. “The past doesn’t matter anymore.”

THE MT activities continued even at the hotel that they are staying. After the lunch, they just took a group photo then went to the hotel. There they had their free time to rest or to take a bath in order to prepare for the event that is going to be held at 9 in the evening.

The Shiki suddenly disappeared after they arrived in the airport. It seems that those four guys are up to something. Yuma went to take a short nap since his head has been aching due to the happenings while Fumie and Miyu went to sauna to refresh themselves. On the other hand, Asuka and Maki went to their room to fix their stuffs.

“What do you think, Maki?”

Maki was surprised when Asuka suddenly spoke. She thought that her friend was sleeping but it looks like she’s just lying on the bed while on a deep thought.

“About what?” Maki tried to play clueless even though she already knows what Asuka is talking about. Actually, she has also been thinking about it. All of this reincarnation stuff is getting her amazed. The claim that she was Miyawaki Sakura in her past life excites her chuunibyou nature. But all of these claims are clearly saying that Asuka can’t be with Fuyu, right?

“Should I just give up?”

Maki froze and then slowly turned to her friend. Her heart hurts seeing the sad look on her friend’s face. “Asuka…”

“Yuma-san has been saying that you are all in the same circle of friends in your past lives. I was the only one who didn’t belong. I wonder how I should feel about this…”

Maki suddenly jumped into Asuka’s bed which somehow forced the other girl to sit up.

“Don’t feel bad about it, Asuka! That’s already in the past. What’s important is now!” Maki said, almost shouting with a frustrated face.

Asuka was shocked for a moment but then she just smiled. “So, if the past isn’t really that important then why do you seem like you are rooting for them to be together?”

Maki stiffened after hearing that. Asuka was looking at her straight to her eyes but she couldn’t make herself return the said stare. She bowed her head and covered everything with a smile.

“W-W-What are you talking about, Asuka? You are my friend and I know you longer than Fumie-chan!”

Asuka smiled faintly. “But if the reincarnation theory is true then you might’ve known each other long ago. Longer than me…”

Maki pouted. She never wanted to hear Asuka talking like this. “But right now I am Togawa Maki. I’m not Miyawaki Sakura anymore…”

Ashu went back to lying in the bed. She spread her arms and closed her eyes. She’s already tired. It won’t help her if she would just waste her rest time in worrying like this. She has already decided that she would fight for Fuyu so why does she have to feel like this?

“I’m taking a nap, Maki.” That also means Maki has to leave her bed. The other girl got what she is inferring and immediately left the bed. She went back in fixing her things heaving a deep sigh, somehow cursing herself because she knows deep in her heart that Maru belongs to Paruru.

BUFFET style dinner raging from western food to eastern ones. That is how NHG MT is going to spend their first night in Korea. The dinner is being held in the hall of the hotel that they are staying at. Everyone is free to get whatever their hearts desire.

Yuma had to wipe his drool at the sight of the foods around him. This is the first time in his life that he will eat with this vast range of choices. He couldn’t even set his eyes on what he is going to eat first. In the end, his plate overflowed with food.

“Do you know that you can go back if you are not yet full?” Miyu asked while smiling cunningly at the said guy.

“R-Really!?” Yuma interjected. “I thought I can only do one trip so I get everything that I could get.” He innocently explained.

“Have you ever been into a buffet before, Yuma-san?” Maki was amazed. She has never encountered someone who has zero experience of buffet.

“W-Well…” Yuma cleared his throat. “I don’t really like buffet because I think it is just for people who are saving money.” He lied.

Maki and Miyu just looked at each other and shrugged the topic away. They are sitting on a table together with Asuka and Fumie. Both of them are still lost in their thoughts and their friends are trying to cheer them up in the best way they can.

This is a time to enjoy. It is not the perfect place to be vexed about the recent happenings. If they really want to move on then they should stop letting those negative emotions linger.

The lights suddenly dimmed and everyone was caught off guard. The stage lit up which called everyone’s attention on it. The crowd cheered up as they saw Shiki on the stage, each one is manning their own band instrument.

Natsu, who is the man on the drums, gave them a signal to start. After a rolling, the familiar song started. It was [Don’t Say Lazy] of the band called Hokago Tea Time. What amazed them more is that the one who is singing is not Aki. The said guy is focused on the lead guitar while doing the backup vocal. Haru is on the keyboard that has a very important part on this song.

The one doing the main vocal is non-other than Fuyu himself. He is also holding the bass guitar in his hand as if they are mimicking the original artist of the song. Everyone was suddenly on their feet, jumping and cheering as the Shiki rocks the song.

Natsu is being 200% more chick magnet while he is hitting the drums and the HaruAki tandem isn’t up to see unsatisfied faces on the crowd. Fuyu’s badass looks didn’t help in calming the girls. He may seem forced of what he is doing but he is executing it perfectly fine. This might be one of the biggest surprises in this trip—Shiki performing like a real group!

The song that is perfectly fit for Fuyu ended with a bang and the roar of the audience became even louder. Haru went to calm them down and told them to sit back. He is still chasing for his breath but there’s no doubt that he is satisfied with the reaction that the performance received.

“It’s a nice evening, isn’t it?” Haru asked which was warmly answered by everyone. He is really well-respected not just by the student body but also by the teachers as well. “I hope you all had fun during the first day of our Membership Training. Tonight, we are rendering you a special performance as you eat—“

“When are we going to eat?” Fuyu mumbled, he forgot that there is a mic in front of him. The next thing he knew is that Haru is looking at him with a stare that could cut his coconut hair. Fuyu gulped and zipped his mouth. This short skit made everyone laugh.

Haru cleared his throat before continuing. “As I have said, we have prepared songs for that first night. Tomorrow, the stage will be open for all who wants to render something. But tonight, as our appreciation to your cooperation in this MT, I and my friends are here to light up the night.”

A round of applause was given by the audience. Haru saw that more and more people are gathering. Even those people who are serving the food are all eyes on the stage.

Aki took a step forward which is a go signal for Miyu to go wild together with the other girls. The autumn prince took a quick look of the audience’s faces before he spoke. “We are now going to sing for y’all an original song.”

The students cheered even more which made Natsu even more excited to hit the drums. Fuyu is just standing there silently. The audience’s excitement is already at the peak.

“This is a song that I wrote for a friend of mine and we are going to perform here first. I hope you will all enjoy this song! This is called ‘Because I’m a Fool’” Aki nodded at his friends as a go signal. Natsu hit the crash and played some beat. After a complete routine was a slide coming from the bass guitar and all the instruments came all together for the intro.

(This song is called A Song For A Fool/Because I’m A Fool by Park Sang Woo[Jung Yong-hwa of CNBlue] Let’s just say that it is in Japanese. Haha. You can check the playlist  for the link.)

Again, Fuyu is leading the vocals. He looks a bit flustered but his eyes look so sad that the girls are being drawn to him.

Maybe this is because I am fool

Even if I get hurt it seems okay

Even when others say this is a useless love, it’s okay

Because I’m a fool beyond help

“No way…” Maki gasped. “Did Agoki-senpai really write something like this for the King!?”

“Isn’t that a bit mean?” Yuma asked then went on with his karaage.

Miyu frantically shook her head. “The song is just starting. Let’s listen first.”

I was good to her because I wanted to be

I was happy with just that

Even if she smiles at me just once

I’ll be happy just with that smile

Fuyu took a glimpse of Fumie. Even though it is dark by the audience’s side, he didn’t take long to locate where she is. Fumie just looked back at him, she isn’t letting go. Asuka immediately noticed it.

The song then went to the chorus. Never did they think that this song could be sad like this.

Until the person that she will love comes

I will just be by her side

For it is a happy love that I could give

I’m not asking anything in exchange

On that place where she can reach out for me anytime

On that place where I could hear her when she calls

Without changing, I will be there

Because I love her
It was followed by a short instrumental made just by the guitar. After that was the second verse of the song.

Because it is the love that I chose

I was happy even in the painful times

Even if she looks back at me just for one time

With that, I’ll be happy

“The four of them obviously have a strong bond.” Yuma commented while tapping the table in accordance with the rhythm. “Hoshizora-senpai might not be the type that properly expresses himself but everyone one knows what he feels without saying a word. I can see that Yamamoto-senpai really knows what’s inside Hoshizora-senpai’s heart. He knows that he couldn’t let it out so he turned it into a song just for Hoshizora-senpai to be able to breathe. It feels like the three of them are here just to protect him.”

The song went back to the chorus and after that is an instrumental with a great guitar lead from Aki. The members of the band are just looking at each other, enjoying the moment that they are performing as a group. The crowd cheered even harder when a faint smile was formed on Fuyu’s face after he took a good, meaningful look of the guys that are with him. They didn’t expect him to smile while doing something that he doesn’t like doing. It seems like he is laughing because the song clearly says what he feels inside.

Until that person that will take care of her instead of me comes

Even just for a moment, I will stay by her side

Because I’m happy just by looking at her

I don’t need anything else

So that she could rest whenever she feels tired

I will remain the same

Even if she leaves without saying goodbye

I will send her with thanksgiving

The instruments stopped and everything was hanged into some sort of cliff. Fuyu bowed his head and then grabbed the mic. The other members are just looking at him with a proud smile on their faces. After one deep breath, Fuyu sang the last line of the song.

Because I’m a fool

After that was the last strum from Aki’s guitar and the song ended. Everyone clapped at their magnificent performance. Even the teachers are moved on the lyrics of the said song. Shinoda-sensei could be seen clapping while in tears while Akimoto-sensei is pretending that he isn’t proud of seeing Fuyu perform.

“And now, for the next—“

“Excuse me for a moment…”

Aki was halted when Fuyu suddenly talked. It wasn’t on the plan that he is going to say something but what is up with him? They’ve been observing that he is acting weird but to the extent that he will talk in front of this entire people? Hoshizora Fuyu doing that?

Everyone’s breath is on a halt as they wait for Fuyu to talk again. The guy held on the mic once again, his eyes traveled to the whole of the audience.

“B-Before we move on to the next song, I just want to say something.”

His voice is cracked and his hands are shaking but he is trying so hard to show that he doesn’t give a damn. He tried to keep his composure by taking another deep breath. The people sitting in the audience breathed with him.

“N-No…” Yuma murmured to himself which caught the attentions of the girls sitting with him.

“W-What happened, Yuma-kun?” Miyu asked, troubled of why Yuma is tearing up.

“His light...” Yuma brushed his face with his palms. “It’s… It’s gone… He had cut ties with his past selves. It’s really over…”

Fumie’s jaw dropped as her eyes widened after hearing Yuma’s statement. Her eyes went back to the stage and there she met Fuyu’s stare. A sad smile, a very meaningful smile—that’s the first thing she saw from the boy.

“I-I… I want to take this opportunity to say sorry to every mess that I made. Actually, Haru set up this band thing so that I could pay for all the shame that I’ve brought in the school’s name.”

The students started murmuring. Are they really hearing Hoshizora Fuyu apologizing?

“I’ve been so unreliable and indeed I’m just a lackluster but I honestly think that I don’t have to do anything about it so I’m not changing anything. I am not asking you to accept me. I’m not appealing for my sake as well.”

He avoided looking at the audience by looking down. Feeling that the air is getting awkward, he scratched the back of his head, trying to put the words together.

“I-I just have one request for all of you…” He bit his lips and heaved a sigh. He gulped to swallow the lump that is forming in his throat. He cleared his throat to prevent his voice from shattering even more.

“It’s about the girl with the scent.” He finally said. “I’m really sorry about making a fuss about it. I’m also really, really, really sorry for the girl that got involved with this. I’m sorry… I was only thinking of myself.”

“Fuyu-kun…” Asuka uttered under her breath.

“My request is that you stop from linking her name to me. I know it is my fault so I’m saying this in front of everyone. I caused her a lot of trouble already and I don’t want to burden her anymore. I was wrong in a lot of aspects. S-She has a dream and I don’t want to be an obstacle for that dream. I want her to fulfill all her dreams.

Eto… Everything is just a work of my imagination. I’m just a delusional freak just like everyone says. Please forget about the girl of the scent. Everything I believed about it is not true and…”

He took one last look at Fumie and with all the remaining courage in his heart, he ended his plea.

“…It will never be true.”

-TBC-

@MatsuiLee-san, you know I like those kind of stuffs. Haha.
@DeNight-san, Thank you so much for reading. Thanks also for your feedback in TTM. I'm really glad. :)
Don't worry. I will take care of these characters. :) (Sorry for the short reply for a long comment. I really have bad social skills but truth be told, I read your comments again and again. :) )
@yuuri14-san, I'm just playing with cliches. XD
@Goto24-san, Don't die yet. Wait for the next chapter. Lol. Seriously, don't die. XD
@Genkikid-san, All her recordings are sad. :(

Sorry folks for the sudden update! XD I just can't wait for Friday to upload this. I will also update on Friday if you guys request. XD I hope you had a nice ride while reading it. See you around~

-CUT

Offline porkofdoom

• Tries to be invisible when I can... *woooosh*
Uza... Uza... Uza... EKISAITINGU!!!
 :on asmo:

Offline LuckyMatsui

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Crazy. Weird. WMATSUI.
Thanks Author-san for uploading today! Thank you for giving me this feeling, you know how hard it is no to cry in a public transportation while reading Fuyu's singing part???? What the heck with that sudden speech??? I really want to scream too. Like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!

I just can't explain it............................. My heartaches a little but...............  :mon cute: :mon cute: :mon cute: HELL YEAH!!!! FUYUASHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mon lovelaff: :mon lovelaff: :mon lovelaff: :mon lovelaff:

P.S You really a Sadist huh?

P.P.S SPOIL ME ALREADY WILL YAH!!!!!

P.P.P.S Hehehehe you already spoiled me a lot and still waiting for MORE  :mon nyah: :mon nyah: :mon nyah: :mon nyah:

P.P.P.P.S PLEASE UPDATE ON FRIDAY!!!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:50:27 PM by MatsuiLee »

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  :OMG: :fainted: :imdead:
You just give me a heartbreak :gyaaah:

Offline FZA02

• Member+
YOUUUUUUU how dare you ?!

i was pretty shocked with this new updates and what's more the story become sadder and sadder
congratulations cut-sama you just made a 20 years old boy (yeah i'm still a boy) shedding his tears after a long time can't doing so,  :cry: ;)

okay now let me point out my thought
1. the scene at the grave simply put me at uneasy feeling especially when fuyu said the scent has gone
2. the voice recording of maru is seriously the most heartbreaking one especially when we know the reality that happen to fuyu, (and thanks to that i tear up while reading it)
3. when i read the newest chapter everything broke my heart even more and when the part the shiki performing the "because i'm fool" song i immediately hear that song while continued read the chapter and the feels really struck my heart
4. fuyu's apologizing is .......really hurt, being called delusional freak and such ... i know that feels   :cry:
what a beautifully painful chapter cut-sama i really really love it  :D
5. moral of this new updates : never wasting people who loves you before it's too late (i hope it is not for them)

ps : just warning.... if you didn't make it happy ending there is possibility everyone will ask you for next sequel (in other words like the season 3) haha :P XD XD
pp.s : thanks to you, @matsuilee-san and @yuuri14-san i can't listen to zen zen zen se the same way again, because whenever i listen to it i will automatically thinking about maru,
i want to say more but i don't know what to say (silly me) thank you for this i'll be waiting for friday

p.p.p.s (actually this is really unimportant) : what kind of jacket that maru wears on your fanart, i was looking for that jacket but didn't know the name hahaha
cut-sama i hope one day you become a movie director and make the live action of this story i'm sure it will be great (especially with the original cast hahaha,
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:59:36 PM by FZA02 »

Offline shortcut48

• Member+
Hello folks, due to the changes in the schedule of yours truly the update will be moved TOMORROW. I repeat, the update will be posted TOMORROW and NOT on Friday. (Why am I even talking like this?) XD

It's not that I'm coming back to my twice a week update. I just really want to present the next chapter early. Although I know I will suffer in the next weeks because I'll get even busier. XD

Maa, I just want to let you all know about this so you won't be surprised just like what I did last Monday. Sorry about that. Replies to comments will be posted together with the update. Please look forward to tomorrow's chapter.

-CUT

Offline shortcut48

• Member+
The Waste of a Wish - Chapter 18 (07-24) | M.T. (V) - Where Are You?
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2017, 02:45:18 PM »

Chapter 18: WHERE ARE YOU?

WARNING: Don't scroll down without properly reading. Please. Please. Don't.

“YEAH… This is just a good time for rain.”

Manaki sighed while looking outside their window. It is the second day of their trip and the plan was to go out and have a city tour but the weather isn’t cooperating at all. The spring rain is currently wiping all the cherry blossoms away.

“Maa… This is so cliché.” Risao dropped himself back to his bed. “Why does it have to happen at this time?”

The other guy released another sigh; his eyes are fixed on the scenery outside.

“Is something bothering you, Manaki?” Risao asked. “You’ve been sighing for the nth time now.”

Again, another sigh from Manaki. “It’s nothing, dude. I just couldn’t believe that Hoshizora-senpai really gave up the girl of the scent in front of everyone last night.”

With this, Risao also gave out a sigh. He rolled into his stomach and looked at Manaki’s direction. “Same here, man. He gave up that one thing that he has been searching for the whole time. It was very obvious that he doesn’t really want to do that.”

“He even said that he is delusional. He swallowed everything that people are throwing at him just for Shingyoji-senpai’s sake.” Manaki leaned to the window. “But Shingyoji-senpai didn’t even say anything. She didn’t even defend Hoshizora-senpai.”

“I feel really bad about that. It just proves that she doesn’t feel the same at all.”

Manaki saw someone went out, dancing like some sort of a ritual dance. He shook his head when he recognized who that was. He looked back at Risao before even giving another sigh.

“Let’s go get breakfast.”

“MAKI, what the hell are you doing!?”

Natsu slapped his forehead and he weakly shook his head. He was with Maki during breakfast when the girl just suddenly ran outside. She looks really frustrated while eating and Natsu immediately knows that something is wrong with her. And, here she is now, dancing in the rain like a monkey.

“Maki, come on. People are going to think that you are crazy!”

“I don’t care! I’m used to it!” Maki gritted her teeth. She continued with her dance without any care for the world. “I’m going to prove to all of you that powers are real! I can stop this heavy rain. I will show you that I’m not just imagining things!”

Natsu’s eyebrows formed a wrinkle in between. He looked at Maki with sympathy. Now that his brother has already stopped believing that he is destined to a girl that gives off a particular scent, even admitting that it was all just his illusion, Maki surely feels betrayed.

“I know that I love to see the King end up with Asuka but why do I feel like this!?” Maki continued dancing, moving in her awkward movements. “He has been believing about this since we were young! He was holding to it like it is his oxygen! He even let his father disown him so that he could just continue searching for this girl and now he is going to tell us that none of it was true!?”

The zombie tripped with her own leg and she fell on the ground. Seconds after she fell, the rain fell even harder.

“Damn it!” She shouted as she hit the ground with her fist. Tears started falling from her eyes which are concealed by the rain but it will never escape from Natsu’s eyes. Maki felt the rain stopped pouring so she raised her head up in excitement. Much to her dismay, it was just Natsu putting her under the shade of his umbrella. The guy was looking at her with a lonely face.

Maki’s face crumpled even more. She started to cry harder. She never thought that she will cry this hard just because of Fuyu.

“Tell me, Natsu! Why do I feel like this? Why do I feel so hurt after seeing the King ate everything that he believes!? I should be happy because Asuka will get her chance now, right!?” Maki sobbed harder. “But why do I feel that he will only be happy if he will end up with Fumie-chan!? My feelings are so conflicted, Natsu! I feel really horrible! Tell me what I should do!”

Natsu sat in a lotus position. He couldn’t give Maki any definite answer. The truth is he feels the same. Finally, Fuyu has woken up from the curse-like promise that ruined his present life. He can go on with his life without being caught up with this pointless search of a scent. He can now go and look at other girls… But, everything just doesn’t feel right at all.

“I don’t know, Maki.” Natsu bit his lips. “I really don’t know.”

Maki tried to calm herself. She wiped her tears away even though it is pointless because she’s already wet. “What is the King planning to do now?”

“Don’t think of my brother for now. Remember that he is the King. The King knows what he is doing. Let’s just trust him.” He reached out his free hand towards Maki and gave her soft pats on her head. “Let’s go back inside. Go and dry yourself. I don’t want you to get sick.”

“But the rain—“

“It will stop later.” Natsu smiled at her. “Your powers tend to take time to show effects, right?”

Maki bowed her head. “Alright.” She murmured and then stood up. She then went inside with the Summer Prince but her pure heart is still bothered by the thought of the King giving up.

THE RAIN doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Haru gathered his team and made adjustments. Since Risao and Manaki considered the sudden weather changes in choosing a place to stay, they easily came up with a substitute activity. The hotel has a place where they could play indoor sports. They decided that they would just go with a mini-sports fest and then just go outside when the weather permits.

After the meeting with the SC officers, he told them to send an advisory to the students about the change in schedule. They should all be gathered in the gym by 10 am.

Haru asked for help from his circle of friends to come up with things that will make the event exciting. The teachers are expecting a lot from him so he didn’t waste any time. He gathered all his resources and they all met at the mess hall.

The Spring Prince just shook his head after seeing that Fumie and Miyu didn’t come. Well, he knows that it would be really awkward if they will come so he quite understands. Fuyu is acting like nothing happened last night but he is smiling. It’s like he wants to tell everyone that he is okay but it gives off a different message since everyone knows how cold he really is.

They are in the middle of the discussion when Miyu arrived. The girl was chasing for her breath.

“O-Ohayou gozaimasu~” she greeted as she tries to regulate her breathing. “I woke up late and then I saw the message and I rushed—eh?”

Miyu’s eyes widened after she took a good look of the people present in the table. She took another scan but something is really off. She tilted her head to the side and asked, “Where is Fumie?”

“Huh?” The people on the table were alarmed of her sudden question.

“Isn’t she with you?” Aki asked.

Miyu shook her head innocently. “I woke up without her on the room. When I read Yokoyama-senpai’s message, I thought that she is already here. I was really ready to pinch her cheeks because she didn’t wake me up.”

“If she’s not with you then where is she?” Haru worriedly asked. “Does anyone see Fumie-chan during breakfast?”

Everyone shook her head. There wasn’t a single trace of Shingyoji Fumie during breakfast.

“Don’t tell me—“ Miyu hurriedly grabbed her phone and tried to contact her friend. The phone is just ringing but there is no answer. Again she tried to call her by trying to connect to her neurolinker but again there is no response. Miyu suddenly remembered that she saw Fumie’s phone and neurolinker on top of the drawer in their room. She gasped.

“What happened, Miyu-chan?” Aki worriedly asked.

“I-I… I don’t have any idea where she is now!”

Lightning suddenly flashed and thunder roared. The group immediately surveyed the whole hotel in order to look for the missing girl. Miyu knows how easily Fumie loses her direction so she couldn’t calm her heart even for a second.

What is even running on Fumie’s mind that she went out of their room all by herself without even bringing her phone and neurolinker? Miyu believes that something is already wrong with her friend after the request that Fuyu made in front of the whole school. She didn’t hear any word from Fumie even until they fell asleep. In fact, she was waiting for her to open up to her while she’s busy writing something but not a single word came out of Fumie’s mouth.

She knows that something is troubling her but she didn’t ask anything so that she won’t be more pressured. But man, if only she knew that she will just run away like this then probably she should’ve just tied Fumie up and injected her with some truth serum so that she could get her feelings out.

What makes Miyu more annoyed is the fact that Fuyu didn’t even show a hint of worry in his poker face. He didn’t even try to move a muscle from where he is sitting. He stayed by Asuka’s side as all of them are running around the hotel.

They went back at the cafeteria, all are tired but there’s no group that was able to bring Fumie back.

“Where the hell did she go?” Natsu asked. He is obviously agitated. “Don’t tell me that she went out with this weather?”

“Do you really think that she would go out?” Miyu asked back. “She clearly knows that she is bad with directions and most of all we are not in Japan!”

Natsu just facepalmed. Miyu is already frustrated thus the reason of her high tone. He just ignored it knowing that getting angry would make the situation worse.

“But if she is really nowhere here in the hotel, then maybe she really went out.” Aki stated the truth. Miyu dropped herself on the chair and buried her face unto her palms.

“I’m really going to kick the hell out of that salty girl for making us worry like this!” Miyu cried. Maki was there to calm her. The zombie doesn’t know the right words to say.

Haru looked at his watch. “We should be at the gym by this time.” He brushed his fringe backwards as he tries to think of what to do. “I’m going to tell the teachers about this—“

Everyone’s attention was caught when a seat made noise. It was Fuyu, finally moving from his seat. He looked at them casually and started walking towards the exit.

“Fuyu-nii!” Natsu called out. “Where are you going?”

Fuyu stopped to look back. “I’m going to look for her outside. You all go and start the program.”

“Fuyu!” This time it was Haru. “What do you think you are doing? Do you think you know this place that you are going to look for her with confidence?”

The Ice Prince scratched his nape and then pocketed his hands. “Don’t tell the teachers about this Haru. They will hold you responsible for this. I’m sure about that.” He looked back at the exit and took a deep breath. “I will bring her back and that’s for sure. Go and execute the program.”

That’s all and he ran towards the exit, borrowing an umbrella from the hotel staff before heading out to the rain. Everyone was dumbfounded at his sudden movement. They weren’t even able to run after him.

“Fuyu-kun…” Asuka uttered under her breath. “You did lie last night, didn’t you?”

Haru cleared his throat to call everyone’s attention. “After all the crazy happenings since yesterday I don’t really know what’s happening now. But for now, I want to do one thing and that is to trust Fuyu. He has his neurolinker with him so we can contact him anytime. Let’s go to the gym now and do what we have to do. Let’s just hope that this time they would find each other.”

Yuma’s eyes suddenly widened. Did he just hear Haru say that?

BGM: Who Are You – Sam Kim

THE RAIN is still pouring like crazy but Fumie doesn’t mind at all. She somehow likes the feeling of the rain on her face. She had her eyes closed and is just savoring the feeling.

A lot of people have already asked her if something is wrong but since she couldn’t understand whatever they are saying, she just remained silent which drove them away. She’s already drenched but she doesn’t mind. It’s indeed cold but she chose not to feel it. The lightning and thunder are scary but she doesn’t care. All she wants is to remove the unpleasant feeling residing in her heart.

“How I wish that it was Asuka-chan and not anyone else.”

“Please make sure that you are not going to miss the smile of that person that is more valuable than the smile of thousands.”

“She’s not my girlfriend. I don’t have any relationship with her. Please stop linking her to me. I feel bad for her.”

“The girl who we believe as the reincarnation of Shimazaki Haruka-san kept on pushing him away.”

“My request is that you stop from linking her name to me. I know it is my fault so I’m saying this in front of everyone. I caused her a lot of trouble already and I don’t want to burden her anymore. I was wrong in a lot of aspects. S-She has a dream and I don’t want to be an obstacle for that dream. I want her to fulfill all her dreams. Eto… Everything is just a work of my imagination. I’m just a delusional freak just like everyone says. Please forget about the girl of the scent. Everything I believed about it is not true and… It will never be true.”

All those words kept ringing inside her head. It didn’t stop reminding her of how she treated Fuyu. It kept on pressing on her whole being as if wanting to destroy all of her.

Tears started to fall… again. She doesn’t know how long it has been since she started crying. The tears just won’t fully stop.

“So this is how it feels to be ignored…” Fumie murmured to herself as a sarcastic smile curved up her lips. That smile didn’t last when her face started to crumple to release even more tears. “I’m sorry…”

The bus finally came and it took away all the waiting passengers. Now she is left alone in that bus stop. She’s aware that she’s lost but it doesn’t bother her. She doesn’t have the face to present to Fuyu anyway. The desire of seeing him is really big but with everything that happened, how on earth will she face him?

Guilt and shame covered her whole being. She couldn’t completely understand but after everything that has happened all she knows is that she’s deeply in love with Fuyu. Yes, finally after all her denial episodes she realized that her heart has been captured by the Ice Prince.

It wasn’t because of their past lives. She has been feeling this attraction ever since they met. Starting that fateful day, the thought of Hoshizora Fuyu never left her. Her heart clenches whenever he’s around but looks for him whenever he is out of sight. She loves seeing him smile and she loves the fact that he could make her smile. She loves it when he would suddenly appear in front of her and then waves at her like a cute kid. She loves every single thing that he does but she couldn’t find the reason to accept it because of her dream to be an idol.

“But why now…?” Fumie asked herself and wryly smiled. That’s what she has been thinking since last night. Why did she have to realize it now when everything is already late. Fuyu has already given up on her. Now that the scent is gone, she no longer has any hold of him. Fuyu was only in to her because of the scent but since it no longer exists, there’s nothing left to bond them.

According to Yuma, Fuyu has already cut ties with his past selves. What will he do now? Maybe he would start thinking more about his life; probably he would start to go out with Asuka. He’ll start showcasing his talents and probably he would win his father’s favor.

Remembering all of this, Fumie realized how much Fuyu has sacrificed just to be with her… but she didn’t give any importance to any of those.

BGM: I Miss You – SoYou

Sobs were heard as her head hang low. It hurts. It hurts so much. She doesn’t care about failing her past self in regards to the promise. What is pulverizing her heart is the fact that she wasted all the chances to admit to herself that she loves him.

“Found you.”

Fumie suddenly stiffened when she heard that familiar voice. She turned to the direction of the voice and there he saw a man holding a grey umbrella. He’s bending forward, his other hand leaning on his knees for support as he went on to chase for his breath.

The umbrella doesn’t seem to help at all. He is already wet with rain mixed with his sweat. His usually perfectly styled hair is flat wet. Time seemed to stop the moment he raised his head up and had his piercing gaze upon her.

“S-Senpai…?” Fumie called out, her eyes wide open. She rubbed her eyes to make sure that she isn’t imagining stuffs.

Fuyu looked up at the sign of the bus station and read it aloud. “KBS… KBS Sports World…” He looked back at the girl and smiled faintly. “I know I would find you here.”

Tears continued from the girl’s swollen eyes. He went to search for her! He knows exactly where to find her even without the scent! She doesn’t even know that she is in that bus station.

“Let’s go. You’ve already made everyone worried.” Fuyu finally got a hold of his breath and straightened his back. Fumie dropped her head back because of shame. “Seriously, what’s running in your mind?”

The girl remained quiet. Her heart clenches like it is going to kill her. There’s something inside of her that is desperately trying to come out.

Fuyu looked at her with sad eyes. “Fumie, let’s go—“

“I’m sorry, Senpai.”

Fuyu was cut mid-sentence when Fumie suddenly talked. Frustration is so evident in her voice.

“I-I’m sorry…” She started sobbing. “I’m sorry that I tried to make myself believe that all of this is nothing. I’m sorry that I pushed you away.”

Knots were formed on Fuyu’s head. “What are you talk—“

“I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for not seeing your worth from the very beginning. I’m sorry for not being able to recognize you. I didn’t mean it…”

“Fumie, are you sick—“

Fuyu suddenly swallowed his tongue when Fumie looked back at him. She looks very broken just like an abandoned kitten. The surrounding was then muted. Fuyu couldn’t hear anything else even the heavy downpour of rain or the noise of the traffic.

“Senpai…” Finally, he heard something out of that deep silence. Fumie’s face crumpled a little but then she forced herself into a smile. “I love you.”

Then there it goes—the biggest shock in Fuyu’s life. His jaw dropped, his eyes widened, his heart almost stopped beating.

He heard forced chuckles from the girl that somehow woke him up. “What am I confessing for anyway? You have already given up and have decided to forget about the promise. I’m so desperate…”

Fumie forced another laugh before trying to stand up. She was sitting on the bench for so long that her legs felt numb. Thankfully there is an advert in which she leaned for support.

“What am I talking about? I’m just going to make everything more awkward. I’m really sor—“

She was surprised when Fuyu suddenly appeared in front of her standing just a foot away. His eyes are fixed on her, those eyes that are verging in tears. Man, how she loves the way he gazes at her.

It seems like he is going to break any moment but he is trying to cover things up with a smile. He did his best though in the end he wasn’t able to contain his emotions. Tears just went on falling, that smile is still on his face.

“Okaerii…” Fuyu finally said, his voice cracked. “What took you so long to remember me?”

For a moment, Fumie was not able to speak. She was just staring at the beautiful boy in front of her. Suddenly there was a warm spring in her heart filling her whole system. She smiled; something that she thought she won’t be able to do genuinely for a while.

Finally letting go of all what’s suppressing her, Fumie jumped into Fuyu’s arm and embraced him as tight as she could. “Tadaima…”

Fuyu wasn’t able to move. He lost his grip to his umbrella. He doesn’t know if it is right to hug her back since he promised that he wouldn’t lay a hand on her as a sign of respect for her dream. But he’s happy, extremely happy! He couldn’t believe that at long last, after the long search and all the heartache, the person that will complete him is finally in his arms…Telling him that she feels the same…Telling him that their hearts beats the same way.

Slowly his hands went on to return the hug. His hands know perfectly where to go as if he has hugged her a thousand times. He embraced her as if he has forgotten everything else. Finally… Finally his longing heart has been satisfied. He never felt this kind of happiness anywhere else.

“I love you, too…” He uttered under his breath as he tightened his embrace, burying his face to the girl’s hair. “I’ve been loving you since the beginning.”

“I’m sorry…” Fumie cried even more. “I’m really sorry for giving you a hard time. I’m sorry for making you wait this much. I’m sorry for not remembering anything—“

“Shh… Shh…” Fuyu cupped her face and made her look at him. He wiped his tears away and cleared her beautiful face from the stray hairs. “What’s important now is you are here with me and you feel the same. There’s nothing more that I could ask for. It’s okay even if I forget everything else.”

Fuyu couldn’t help but to laugh his heart out. He’s just so happy that he couldn’t help but to smile. He looked into her eyes as he caresses her beautiful face. “My heart knows you… With or without the scent… Bound by promise or not… It is you that my heart will always go back to…”

-TBC-

Surprised?

This whole chapter is my reply to all your comments. Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments. XD
@FZA02-san, which drawing are you pertaining to? If it is Maru, she just wears grey hoodie. Any style may do as long as it is a hoodie and it is grey. XD

Sorry I kind of got lazy half way with the drawings... It is very inconsistent. I had references and thank to those that I was able to draw. XD
Anyway, I hope you all had fun reading this~ See you at the comments section~

Offline LuckyMatsui

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Crazy. Weird. WMATSUI.
Re: The Waste of a Wish - Chapter 18 (07-24) | M.T. (V) - Where Are You?
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »
/*SPEECHLESS

I am literally screaming while reading tonight’s update, man this is too much. I’m a solid FuyuAshu shipper but why am I so happy that finally the in denial Queen Fumie realized that she likes Fuyu (Thank God!) and btw Cut-sama, that drawing is dope, man!

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!!!!!!  :mon taichi: :mon taichi: :mon taichi: :mon taichi:

Offline Goto24

• Member+
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »
Either way this story goes, my heart will explode...  :luvluv1: :on bleed: :mon angel: :mon trudge:

AAAHHHHH!!!!!! :mon crazyinlove: :mon lovelaff: :mon love: :mon XD: :mon blood: :mon inluv:

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE WHAT I WAS FEELING WHILE I WAS READING THAT ENTIRE CHAPTER!!!!!
I have nothing much to say other than
THANK YOU~  :monk gboy: :mon cute: :mon lovelaff: :mon dance:

Offline FZA02

• Member+
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
I-I-I-... i am lost of words to say, this, this so....beautiful, the emotions, the feelings ,the pace, the angst. EVERYTHING YOU WRITE IS TOO DAMN BEAUTIFUL

fuyu... finally your search for love didn't go waste, oh how i wish i can be as lucky as you fuyu

and you know what that makes it more beautiful cut-sama, the songs you put is really good

and i don't know if weather have their own mind or what but..... while i was reading this chapter... it was rain in my place so coincidentally it help to increase the feeling of the story...

thank you..thank you and thank you again for this cut-sama i'm really grateful to able to read your stories,  :bow:

ps : your fanart is great and i love your drawing.

p.p.s : did already said that i seldom sheding tears ? i was writing this reply while tears starts gather and rolling down my eyes....this is too beautiful

p.p.p.s : about maru`s jacket. actually i was pertaining to marufuyu fanart on chapter 14 haha XD
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:45:06 AM by FZA02 »

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Uwoooooo!!!! すばらしい!!! :farofflook: Now both have found each other's hearts and finally be together (aren't they?)

But there's still the problem with Yuu disowning Fuyu as his son. Are they not going to be patched? How about Fumie's idol life?

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sherbets - Light Blue