JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Deckstream - Something about me

Author Topic: Best Kpop Songs of 2018  (Read 10130 times)

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Best Kpop Songs of 2018
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:57:10 AM »
:shakeit: :cow:   BEST KPOP SONGS OF 2018!   :cow::shakeit:

Time to vote again for your favorite k-tunes, this time from 2018!

Rules:

You can vote for any Korean releases from 2018 - that means, album tracks, digital releases are all acceptable! However, Japanese releases are not!

Voting is simple: List your top 10 tracks of the year. The #1 gets 10 points, #2 gets 9, #3 gets 8 points, and so on.

This poll will be open for at least a few weeks. So get your lists in, and feel free to tweak them later.

If you're allergic to posting or just unable to for some reason, you can pm/tweet/dm/etc your votes to me and I can add them to the thread.

Releases:

Here's the wikipedia entry of 2018 in kpop. Currently it only has albums, though.

Also, a few youtube playlists, no clue about quality tho:

Korean KPOP Music Videos 2018 (262 videos)
Female Kpop Songs of 2018 (314 videos)
Kpop 2018 (1,123 videos)

Previous polls: (click the year to visit the corresponding thread)

Year #1 #2 #3
2017 Winner - Really Really Sunmi - Gashina Mamamoo - Finally
2016 Blackpink - Whistle Blackpink - Playing With Fire Oh My Girl - Step By Step
2015 Oh My Girl - Closer Red Velvet - Automatic IU - Zezé
2014 Poll not held
2013 Crayon Pop - Bar Bar Bar Girls' Generation - I Got A Boy EXO - Growl
2012 T-ara - Lovey-Dovey T-ara - Day by Day Sistar - Alone
2011 Kara - Step T-ara - Roly-Poly IU - You & I
2010 Girls' Generation - Hoot Kara - Lupin Girls' Generation - Run Devil Run
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:00:37 AM by Stryfe »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: Best Kpop Songs of 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:45:10 PM »
ok, I'ma use this post as a place holder and tweak it later.

01. Fromis 9 - Love Bomb
02. IZONE - La Vie en Rose
03. Twice - What is Love
04. IZONE - Memory
05. Lee Hong Gi & Yoo Hwe Seung - Still Love You
06. Dreamcatcher - You And I
07. Blackpink - DDU-DU DDU-DU
08. IZONE - Oh My
09. Jennie - Solo
10. Suzy - I Love Someone Else (다른사람을 사랑하고 있어)

Didn't make it:

Dreamcatcher - What
IU - BBIBBI
Weki Meki - Crush
Lovelyz - Lost N Found
GFriend - Time for the Moon Night
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:26:56 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 04:46:26 AM »
Runs in waving a piece of crumbled paper

I got my list!

1. Taeyeon - Something New
2. Red Velvet - Bad Boy (English Version)
3. IU - BBIBBI
4. BoA - One Shot, Two Shot
5. Mamamoo - Wind Flower
6. Heize - Jenga feat. Gaeko
7. Zico - Soulmate feat. IU
8. Dean - Instagram
9. Oohyo - Honey Tea
10. Sumni - Heroine
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 09:43:31 PM »
I think this is my list... But I didn't have time to listen to all new songs in Nov-Dec so the latter year is badly represented

Oh yeah and some of this isn't Kpop at all, just Korean. lol

Maybe I'll make a twitter thread that actually has the vids and short babbling...

1. Drug Restaurant - Her
2. (G)I-DLE - HANN
3. TRCNG - Wolf Baby
4. Yubin - Lady
5. SF9 - MAMMA MIA
6. Jung Ilhoon - She's Gone
7. The Boyz - Giddy up
8. Day6 - Shoot Me
9. Riot Kidz - Fahrenheit
10. April - The Blue Bird

LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »
OK here is mine. Could change my mind by the minute but I'll lock in this list and maybe add some notes later.

Also a little video I made for it.

1. Minseo - Is Who
IDK who this girl is but her songs are damn incredible. Including this one which was probably my favorite of the year.
2. Pink Fantasy - Iriwa
I heard this song before seeing the video which made it kinda a funny experience. Great vocals, awesome all around.
3. Taeyeon - Something New
Groovy bass line, lyrics surprisingly inspirational for how dark the video is.  :lol:
4. Oh My Girl - Remember Me
Fun song with an uplifting chorus, kinda gave me chills on Yooa's part at the end. I appreciate how OMG are all over the place with their songs but kinda sick to that sort of dreamlike aura with a nostalgia or longing for the future.
5. Gugudan - The Boots
A Gugudan song I like not because it's so bad it's good but becasue it's really good!
6. Laboum - Between Us
Nice smooth song. Laboum are always under the radar putting out good singles.
7. ONF - Complete
*obligatory boy group song on the list* Awesome bright song just makes me feel happy.
8. Fromis9 - Love Bomb
This gets the award for kpop song that got stuck in my head the most this year. Another one with a euphoric chorus.
9. Chungha - Roller Coaster
This was probably the grower of the year for me. I really didn't like her first single so I just skimmed it at first and it didn't grab me. Then a few months ago I heard it a couple more times and thought it was amazing! (also doesn't hurt being a bit of a roller coaster aficionado)
10. Dreamcatcher - You and I
Dreamcatcher always killing it what else needs to be said. Song, dance, styling on point.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:40:44 AM by zoolander »

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 06:12:31 AM »
Got my list. We got so many bops this year that Dreamcatcher is at #7 on my list.

1. WJSN-Save me save you
2. Oh My Girl-Twilight
3. Loona- Hi High
4. April- Oh my mistake!
5. Weki Meki- Crush
6. CLC-To the Sky
7.Dreamcatcher- You and I
8.Iz*one- La Vie En Rose
9.Fromis_9- Love Bomb
10.Pentagon-Shine

Also considered;
Chungha- Roller Coaster,EXID-I love you,Apink-Im so sick,OMG Banhana-Banana allergy monkey, CLC-Black Dress,Twice- What is love?, Oh my girl-secret garden
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:57:49 PM by Thorin33 »

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »
SO MANY GREAT SONGS IN 2018!

This was hard to rank because I could've easily listed all Mamamoo songs for my top ten, but that would've done a disservice to the non-MMM songs I love from last year.

1. Mamamoo - Egotistic - DANCE HIT OF THE SUMMER. HOT HOT HOT. Byul's reggae-ish breakdown is FIRE. BRRRAA!

2. Mamamoo - Rude Boy - Unsurprisingly, this was almost the title track instead of Starry Night. This is such a good, catchy groove.

3. Mamamoo - Morning - Orchestra music, harmonies, expressive vocals, feeeeels; this song has it all. Perfect for staying in your feelings, as well as inside on a rainy day LOL

4. Hwasa - Be Calm - Another super chill song, dat guitar tho. Hwasa is so damn good at clutching your heart with the power of her voice. I've sung this song many a time in my car.

5. Red Velvet - Bad Boy - Apparently I like songs about shitty boys. XD WHO DAT WHO DAT WHO DAT BOIII? Another one of my main bops of 2018.

6. iKON - Love Scenario - This song is just so damn cute and catchy, even up to now I'm not sick of it.

7. Apink - I'm so sick - Speaking of which... LOL I'm also not sick of "I'm so sick". I love this different sound from APink. I want more!

8. K/DA - POP/STARS - Surprise hit! I still don't care to try League of Legends, but DAMN do I dig Soyeon's rap in this. I want that dragon mask so bad. WE GO HARRRD

9. Olivia Hye (LOONA) - Egoist - Each time I'd hear this on Spotify, I had to stop and look at whose song it is. I think this is the first LOONA song that finally grabbed my attention. It's sexy and I'm super into the chorus.

10. Hyolyn - See Sea - This is another one I stopped for an artist check. While I do love her other single, Dally, See Sea's overall vibe is right up my alley, the chorus is reminiscent of the 80s.

Honorable Mentions - There were a lot of other awesome songs, I can't even name them all... BUT HERE ARE A BUNCH ANYWAY IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

Sunmi - Black Pearl
Loco & Hwasa - Don't
Yuri - Illusion
Yubin - Thank U Soooo Much
KARD - Moonlight
HA:TFELT - Pluhmm
CLC - Black Dress
Pristin V - Spotlight
G-(idle) - MAZE
EXO-CBX - Blooming Day
NU'EST - Dejavu
Dreamcatcher - You & I
WINNER - Everyday
NCT U - Baby Don't Stop
Seungri - 1,2,3!
Oh!GG - Lil' Touch
SHINee - Chemistry
Produce 48 - Rumor
EXID - I Love You
SHINWHA - Kiss Me Like That
Se.A, FIXL -Trouble (FIXL Remix)
Amber - White Noise
Eric Nam - Lose You
Katie - Remember

Also:
The entire Yellow Flower and BLUE;S albums from Mamamoo, Eric Nam's Honestly album, and Amber's Rogue Rouge mixtape.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 08:52:28 AM »
Fuck me, I kept putting this off bc it was hard lol

1. Loco & Hwasa - Don't
2. Red Velvet - Bad Boy
3. Winner - Everyday
4. Mamamoo - Egotistic
5. iKON - Love Scenario
6. Twice - What is Love
7. Mamamoo - Rude Boy
8. Mamamoo - Star Wind Flower Sun
9. Moonbyul feat. Seulgi - Selfish
10. (G)I-DLE - HANN

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »
Haven't been listening to kpop for very long so the amount of groups is limited (alas no T-ARA any more...), and always difficult to sort these in a certain order...

1. IZ*ONE – La vie en Rose
2. IZ*ONE – O' My!
3. Gfriend – Time for the Moon Night
4. momoland – BAAM
5. Blackpink – Ddu-du Ddu-du
6. Gfriend – Tik Tik
7. TWICE – What is love
8. fromis_9 – Love Bomb
9. momoland – Bboom Bboom
10. fromis_9 - 22nd century girl

Didn't make the list:
Produce 48 - Nekkoya
Produce 48 - rumor
IZ*ONE - We Together
Blackpink - See U Later
Gfriend - Sunny Summer

Offline gamerbee

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Listening to IU
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 12:01:09 PM »
1. IU - BBIBBI
2. Red Velvet - Bad Boy
3. Produce48 - Rumor
4. (G)I-dle - Latata
5. IZ*ONE - La Vie en Rose
6. Chungha - Rollercoaster
7. Dreamcatcher - You and I
8. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
9. Gfriend - Time for the Moon Night
10. CLC - Black Dress

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 10:03:52 PM »

Y'all must've forgot.

Due to foreseen circumstances my list took forever. Better very very very very late than never, though, amirite.

I listened to a very small amount of kpop during the year, and I honestly thought this'd be easy once I just went through all the stuff. Boy was I wrong, there was so much good stuff released that I either overlooked or didn't even notice during the year. No boy groups this time, nothing grabbed me hard enough, and can't be arsed to do more research at this point. Been twiddling this stuff and reordering endlessly. And maybe I forgot something but at this point... fuck it.

Alright, that's enough excuses. :P

-- Stryfe's Top 10 --

01. (G)I-dle - Latata
02. (G)I-dle - Hann
After Jeon Soyeon, the standout chipmunk rapper of Produce 101 and flawless underdog of Unpretty Rapstar 3, embarked on a solo career and released solid if unremarkable tunes, I figured that was it, that was her little niche in the music world. And boy was I wrong. Sometime later she resurfaces as the leader, rapper and songwriter(!) of a new girl group, completely revitalized. I admit my fanboy status of Soyeon has blinded me so that I've barely noticed the rest of the girls. I'm working on it.

I struggled with ranking these two, because they're both really great tracks in their own unique way, I ended up going with LTT at #1 because it just gets me going right the fuck away and also features one of the greatest rhymes ever written in "La Ta Ta, Da Da Da, Mwah Mwah Mwah"

03. IZ*ONE - La Vie En Rose
At this point I've heard LVER about a thousand times lmao.... so maybe I'm juuust a little tired of it. But it's an incredibly well crafted and stylish song, and a perfect debut song for IZ*ONE, a group I've been into since before their debut.

04. fromis_9 - Love Bomb
A near-perfect crackhead kpop song. Amazing MV.

05. Amber & Luna - Lower
This was one of those surprise tracks to me, a really chill Station tune, and it also got me missing f(x), bastards.

06. 015B & Youra - My Hair Is Green
Just a really solid song, grrreat voice, barely kpop really.

07. Yubin - Lady
Yubin's sound continues on the path WG's Reboot set aeons ago. Song and MV straight out of the 80's, Yubin and her voice both seductive as fuck, what's not to like.

08. Blackpink - Ddu-du Ddu-du
Blackpink always release solid anthems. I think the outro, the last minute of the song, is probably my favorite of the year, but the rest of the song is kinda level below that. Still, great stuff from the Queens of Barely Releasing Anything.

09. Taeyeon - Something New
Taeyeon's music generally bores me to tears so this was a happy surprise, what a superb intro, killer bassline, great song, amazing mv from my original kpop love.

10. Sunmi - Siren
Wonder Girls, truly the queens of retro. Sunmi's effort isn't quite as out there as Yubin's, tho the beat and melody are decidedly 80's. Lovely stuff.

-- Closest contenders --

EXID - I Love You - I hated this song when I first heard it... and it eventually really, really grew on me.
(G)I-dle - $$$ - My fave (G)i-dle album cut, love the rapping here, Soyeon spitting fire.
IU - Bbibbi - Fantastic song, but I could never get into it super much for some weird reason, and every time I hear it I wonder why.
Khan - I'm Your Girl? - I'm just happy this exists... beautiful song, MV, The Ark 4eva.
Olivia Hye feat. JinSoul - Egoist - Loona solo releases keep impressing me more than the group efforts (although that might change this year).
Red Velvet - Bad Boy - Hot stuff, in more ways than one.
Sunmi - Heroine - A+ chorus, was kinda going back and forth with this and Siren, but only one fit in the top 10.

-- Rest of the Best --

CLC - Black Dress - Hot shit, pretty cool song, dat dance break, suits, yeeun step on me (seungyeon too).
Dreamcatcher - What - Another cool track from the queens of kpop animu theme song metal.
EXID - Lady - new jack swing, fucking love this sound, song's pretty good too.
Eyedi - Caffeine - Caffeine is pretty great, and so is this chill tune.
Gugudan - Not That Type - Gugudan's songs are always technically super sound, this is cool, love the beat & chorus.
Jennie - Solo - solololololol is actually a pretty good tune, if not quite top tier... the MV, tho... hooboy.
Loona - Favorite / Hi High - Was fucking stoked for Loona's group debut, and none of the stuff really disappoints, even if I like the earlier solo stuff more.
Red Velvet - Power Up - a fun crackhead kpop song from the queens of crackhead kpop.
Rothy - Burning - Never heard of her before, but great voice, fun song.
Seulgi, SinB, Chungha & Soyeon - Seulgi and Soyeon in the same MV, that's quite enough for me... ok ok, the song is nice too.
Sunmi - Black Pearl - Smooth as fuck album cut from Sunmi's Warning.
Yuri & Raiden - Always Find You - Ok, Yuri is hot as fuck but I really dug this song too, even if it's a little repetitive.
Yubin - Thank U Sooooo Much - More of that good ole WG retro, tho this ain't quite up to par with Lady.

--

Here's a youtube playlist for all the songs mentioned.
Voting results coming within the next couple of days, just asking a couple people real quick if they still want to vote. Thanks for your patience. :bow: :jphip:

Online Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 07:03:01 PM »

The votes have been tallied, and results are below. I've also made a Youtube playlist of all songs that got at least 10 points in the vote, so if I you want to get your results that way:

YouTube Playlist for JPHiP's Best Kpop Songs of 2018 - TOP 19

The playlist starts from the tied 14th position songs and finishes with number 1. Everyone just looking for the results can scroll downwards.

SPOILERS BELOW

Life In Pink

•  Produce48-created Korean/Japanese girl group IZ*ONE take the first place with their debut track, La Vie en Rose.

•  Second place goes to another group with reality show roots, fromis_9, and their entertainingly explosive Love Bomb.

•  Third place goes to Red Velvet and a song showcasing their velvet side, Bad Boy.

Random thoughts

•  10 different people voted on 63 different songs. Down from 11 and 87, respectively.
•  The scoring was relatively close: 36, 28, 24, 20, 19, 18, 17(x3) and so on... even with fewer songs it was close, but not quite like last year's razor-thin margins.
•  If TOZ had voted for the regular version of Red Velvet's Bad Boy instead of the English version, it would have placed second, instead of third. Top 3 would remain the same, though.
•  La Vie en Rose is the second debut song by a group to win the vote, after Blackpink's Whistle in 2016.
•  Fromis_9's Love Bomb appeared on most lists with 6, IZ*ONE's winner La Vie en Rose appeared on 5 and Dreamcatcher's You and I on 4 (placing 10th). Rest of the songs appeared 3 or fewer times.
•  Only (G)I-DLE managed to have two songs in the top 10 this year.
•  Thanks to everyone for voting once again! The results took forever so thank you for your patience as well. Again. XD

The Best Kpop Songs of 2018
Points 1st 2nd 3rd Other Total
1. IZ*ONE La Vie en Rose 36 1 1 1 2 5
2. Fromis_9 Love Bomb 28 1 0 0 5 6
3. Red Velvet Bad Boy 24 0 2 0 1 3
4. Taeyeon Something New 20 1 0 1 1 3
5. (G)I-DLE Hann 19 0 2 0 1 3
6. IU Bbibbi 18 1 0 1 0 2
7. Twice What is Love? 17 0 0 1 2 3
7. (G)I-DLE Latata 17 1 0 0 1 2
7. Mamamoo Egotistic 17 1 0 0 1 2
10. Dreamcatcher You and I 14 0 0 0 4 4
11. Blackpink Ddu-Du Ddu-Du 13 0 0 0 3 3
11. Mamamoo Rude Boy 13 0 1 0 1 2
13. IZ*ONE O' My! 12 0 1 0 1 2
14. Yubin Lady 11 0 0 0 2 2
15. GFriend Time for the Moon Night 10 0 0 1 1 2
15. Cosmic Girls Save Me, Save You 10 1 0 0 0 1
15. Drug Restaurant Her 10 1 0 0 0 1
15. Loco & Hwasa Don't 10 1 0 0 0 1
15. Minseo Is Who 10 1 0 0 0 1
20. Oh My Girl Twilight 9 0 1 0 0 1
20. Pink Fantasy Iriwa 9 0 1 0 0 1
20. Red Velvet Bad Boy (English version) 9 0 1 0 0 1
23. LOONA Hi High 8 0 0 1 0 1
23. Mamamoo Morning 8 0 0 1 0 1
23. Produce48 Rumor 8 0 0 1 0 1
23. TRCNG Wolf Baby 8 0 0 1 0 1
23. Winner Everyday 8 0 0 1 0 1
28. Chungha Roller Coaster 7 0 0 0 2 2
28. April Oh! My Mistake 7 0 0 0 1 1
28. BoA One Shot, Two Shot 7 0 0 0 1 1
28. Hwasa Be Calm 7 0 0 0 1 1
28. IZ*ONE Memory 7 0 0 0 1 1
28. Momoland Baam 7 0 0 0 1 1
28. Oh My Girl Remember Me 7 0 0 0 1 1
35. Amber & Luna Lower 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. Gugudan The Boots 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. Lee Hong Gi & Yoo Hwe Seung Still Love You 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. Mamamoo Wind Flower 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. SF9 Mamma Mia 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. Weki Meki Crush 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. iKON Love Scenario 6 0 0 0 1 1
42. 015B & Youra My Hair is Green 5 0 0 0 1 1
42. CLC To the Sky 5 0 0 0 1 1
42. GFriend Tik Tik 5 0 0 0 1 1
42. Heize Jenga (feat. Gaeko) 5 0 0 0 1 1
42. Jung Ilhoon She's Gone 5 0 0 0 1 1
42. Laboum Between Us 5 0 0 0 1 1
42. iKon Love Scenario 5 0 0 0 1 1
49. Apink I'm So Sick 4 0 0 0 1 1
49. ONF Complete 4 0 0 0 1 1
49. The Boyz Giddy Up 4 0 0 0 1 1
49. Zico Soulmate (feat. IU) 4 0 0 0 1 1
53. Day6 Shoot Me 3 0 0 0 1 1
53. Dean Instagram 3 0 0 0 1 1
53. K/DA Pop/Stars 3 0 0 0 1 1
53. Mamamoo Star Wind Flower Sun 3 0 0 0 1 1
57. Jennie Solo 2 0 0 0 1 1
57. LOONA / Olivia Hye Egoist 2 0 0 0 1 1
57. Momoland Bboom Bboom 2 0 0 0 1 1
57. Moonbyul Selfish (feat. Seulgi) 2 0 0 0 1 1
57. Oohyo Honey Tea 2 0 0 0 1 1
57. Riot Kidz Fahrenheit 2 0 0 0 1 1
63. April The Blue Bird 1 0 0 0 1 1
63. CLC Black Dress 1 0 0 0 1 1
63. Fromis_9 22nd Century Girl 1 0 0 0 1 1
63. Hyolyn See Sea 1 0 0 0 1 1
63. Pentagon Shine 1 0 0 0 1 1
63. Sunmi Heroine 1 0 0 0 1 1
63. Sunmi Siren 1 0 0 0 1 1
63. Suzy I Love Someone Else 1 0 0 0 1 1

Let's meta it up

•  Again, two group tables this time. On the left I've counted every vote, and on the right, only the top vote for that group in each voter's list. Leftmost list can illustrate a wider range of strong material, and the rightmost focuses on the single strongest effort put out by the group. Rightmost list can also weed out group bias in some cases.
•  IZ*ONE has the lead in both tables with three different songs appearing on five different voters' lists.
•  Mamamoo is #2 in the left table two years in a row, and this time 5th on the right (up from 8th last year). The two usual suspects are joined by a third person of undead origins.
•  No group managed to place first in more than one list, but Red Velvet nabbed three second places.

The Best Kpop Songs of 2018 - by artist
1. IZ*ONE 55 1 2 1 4 8
2. Mamamoo 47 1 1 1 4 7
3. (G)I-DLE 36 1 2 0 2 5
4. Red Velvet 33 0 3 0 1 4
5. Fromis_9 29 1 0 0 6 7
6. Taeyeon 20 1 0 1 1 3
7. IU 18 1 0 1 0 2
8. Twice 17 0 0 1 2 3
9. Oh My Girl 16 0 1 0 1 2
10. GFriend 15 0 0 1 2 3
11. Dreamcatcher 14 0 0 0 4 4
12. Blackpink 13 0 0 0 3 3
13. Yubin 11 0 0 0 2 2
14. Cosmic Girls 10 1 0 0 0 1
14. Drug Restaurant 10 1 0 0 0 1
14. Loco & Hwasa 10 1 0 0 0 1
14. Minseo 10 1 0 0 0 1
18. Momoland 9 0 0 0 2 2
18. Pink Fantasy 9 0 1 0 0 1
20. April 8 0 0 0 2 2
20. LOONA 8 0 0 1 0 1
20. Produce48 8 0 0 1 0 1
20. TRCNG 8 0 0 1 0 1
20. Winner 8 0 0 1 0 1
25. Chungha 7 0 0 0 2 2
25. BoA 7 0 0 0 1 1
25. Hwasa 7 0 0 0 1 1
28. CLC 6 0 0 0 2 2
28. Amber & Luna 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. Gugudan 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. Lee Hong Gi & Yoo Hwe Seung 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. SF9 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. Weki Meki 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. iKON 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. 015B & Youra 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Heize 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Jung Ilhoon 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Laboum 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. iKon 5 0 0 0 1 1
40. Apink 4 0 0 0 1 1
40. ONF 4 0 0 0 1 1
40. The Boyz 4 0 0 0 1 1
40. Zico 4 0 0 0 1 1
44. Day6 3 0 0 0 1 1
44. Dean 3 0 0 0 1 1
44. K/DA 3 0 0 0 1 1
47. Sunmi 2 0 0 0 2 2
47. Jennie 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. LOONA / Olivia Hye 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. Moonbyul 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. Oohyo 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. Riot Kidz 2 0 0 0 1 1
53. Hyolyn 1 0 0 0 1 1
53. Pentagon 1 0 0 0 1 1
53. Suzy 1 0 0 0 1 1
The Best Kpop Songs of 2018 - by artist
1. IZ*ONE 36 1 1 1 2 5
2. Red Velvet 33 0 3 0 1 4
3. Fromis_9 28 1 0 0 5 6
4. (G)I-DLE 27 1 1 0 2 4
5. Mamamoo 23 1 0 0 2 3
6. Taeyeon 20 1 0 1 1 3
7. IU 18 1 0 1 0 2
8. Twice 17 0 0 1 2 3
9. Oh My Girl 16 0 1 0 1 2
10. Dreamcatcher 14 0 0 0 4 4
11. Blackpink 13 0 0 0 3 3
12. Yubin 11 0 0 0 2 2
13. GFriend 10 0 0 1 1 2
13. Cosmic Girls 10 1 0 0 0 1
13. Drug Restaurant 10 1 0 0 0 1
13. Loco & Hwasa 10 1 0 0 0 1
13. Minseo 10 1 0 0 0 1
18. Pink Fantasy 9 0 1 0 0 1
19. April 8 0 0 0 2 2
19. LOONA 8 0 0 1 0 1
19. Produce48 8 0 0 1 0 1
19. TRCNG 8 0 0 1 0 1
19. Winner 8 0 0 1 0 1
24. Chungha 7 0 0 0 2 2
24. BoA 7 0 0 0 1 1
24. Hwasa 7 0 0 0 1 1
24. Momoland 7 0 0 0 1 1
28. CLC 6 0 0 0 2 2
28. Amber & Luna 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. Gugudan 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. Lee Hong Gi & Yoo Hwe Seung 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. SF9 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. Weki Meki 6 0 0 0 1 1
28. iKON 6 0 0 0 1 1
35. 015B & Youra 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Heize 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Jung Ilhoon 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. Laboum 5 0 0 0 1 1
35. iKon 5 0 0 0 1 1
40. Apink 4 0 0 0 1 1
40. ONF 4 0 0 0 1 1
40. The Boyz 4 0 0 0 1 1
40. Zico 4 0 0 0 1 1
44. Day6 3 0 0 0 1 1
44. Dean 3 0 0 0 1 1
44. K/DA 3 0 0 0 1 1
47. Sunmi 2 0 0 0 2 2
47. Jennie 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. LOONA / Olivia Hye 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. Moonbyul 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. Oohyo 2 0 0 0 1 1
47. Riot Kidz 2 0 0 0 1 1
53. Hyolyn 1 0 0 0 1 1
53. Pentagon 1 0 0 0 1 1
53. Suzy 1 0 0 0 1 1

And there we go! Feel free to post your thoughts, feelings and possible questions about the ranking. :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 07:26:27 PM by Stryfe »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 06:16:01 PM »
First of all, thanks to Stryfe and everybody who voted. This poll is always a good way for me to discover new songs and/or artists.

As far as the results go, I didn't expect IZONE to win, but obviously I'm glad they did.
It's such a fun group with a unique chemistry and their debut album has multiple amazing songs.

I'm also glad to see Fromis 9 ranked so high! Love Bomb is my most played Kpop song in 2018 by far. It still cheers me up.
I didn't watch the Fromis 9 audition show. I only learned about them, because Gyuri was part of Produce 48. Clever marketing!

It's surprising to me how poorly Blackpink did in the rankings. We waited ages for their comeback and I thought the track was pretty epic.

Edit: Same goes for Jennie's song. I confess I didn't like it at first, because of the umbrella ella ella vibe, haha. Now I love it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 05:19:30 PM by SomethingWild »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Deckstream - Something about me