JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Onegai Miwaku no Target

Author Topic: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 47: Our Final Promise][COMPLETE]  (Read 129788 times)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 47: Our Final Promise][COMPLETE]
« on: September 03, 2006, 11:59:28 PM »
EDIIIT: Everyone seems to have misunderstand what I said, I meant to say there WILL be romance, but looking at every other stories, it's focused on the second the story is read. For my story, it will be VERY progressive, because I'm giving the plot an emphasis too. And as guessed by the title, it's going to be a bit fantasy-ish. But oh well! It's still modern! Story takes place around recent times, like after Mako graduated. I have everything plotted in my mind, so don't bother asking me to think otherwise :]!!!

[Our Cursed Gift]
[1]

“I can’t believe I’m asking her out of all people…” Reina growled at what fate has cursed her into doing. She stood a tad bit stiffly in front of the door, that ominous door she had hoped to never intrude. Placing her rather stiff hand on the knob, she called at the door, “Fujimoto-san? I’m coming in!” and opened the door to find a leg entering the bathroom.

“Don’t come in so suddenly without my approval!” the said person yelled from the bathroom. Miki seemed to be embarrassed by something due to the implication of the way she yelled.

“Jeez! All I want to do is borrow your hairdryer!” Reina shouted in return.

“I need to…get my contacts on!” Miki shouted in reply.

“Hai!” Reina crossed her arms in defeat. Though, curiosity struck Reina in the head. Rubbing her head at the wound, she snuck close to the bathroom door and peeked.

Much to her dismay, she really was only putting in her contacts.

Much to her surprise, they were dark brown contacts.

Much to her shock, Miki was putting the dark brown contacts on her golden eyes.

Reina couldn’t suppress a small scream of shock, thus attracting attention from Miki herself. Miki spun about on her foot, revealing that she had only put one contact on; however, she placed her hand over the contact-less-golden eye.

“Oi! What was the scream about? Don’t make such a racket so early in the morning!” Miki stepped out her bathroom door, a bit baffled at Reina sitting back against Miki’s bed.

“What was with the eyes? They were gold!” Reina pointed accusingly at the eye hidden behind the groping devil’s hand.

“No they weren’t! They were… new costume contacts! Yeah!” Miki trudged towards Reina.

“Lies! I saw you putting the contacts on them!” Reina also trudged towards Miki.

They both started grabbed each other’s hands and started pushing towards each other, with Miki closing the golden eye to avoid confirmation. A pushing war broke out between Yankees; one side claiming the other’s abnormalities, and the other denying it.

“Ah, Reina and Miki!” Yossie poked her head from behind Miki’s door. She stood there for awhile, dumbfounded at the argument and the pushing war. “You know it’s too early in the morning to be fighting…” she stepped into the room and shut the door behind her, sighing.

“Leader! Sub-leader has golden eyes!” Reina let her guard down for awhile, allowing Miki the upper hand, so she pushed Reina as hard as she could, leaning her head forward at the same time.

Reina caught Miki’s strategy, and canceled the push yet again, also leaning her head forward.

Reina felt her lips accidentally connect with the lips of her enemy, and immediately was engulfed in temporary blindness due to sudden blue smoke. She stumbled backwards, waving her hand dismissively, coughing. Reina finally saw the scene around her. Miki’s clothes were lying in a pile at her feet.

“Wha—” Reina began, but paused when a snake rose from the sub-leader’s clothing. The snake was silver-scaled with menacing eyes, and for some reason, had the kanji for five, 五, on its head.

Yossie’s eyes widened, realizing what had happened.

“…Miki?” Reina asked, connecting everything that had just happened.

“Oh shit,” said the snake.

-------

Yay! All done. Now, reviews are any writer's inspiration, so if you'd be kind as to donate to my muse... :]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:28:08 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 12:06:10 AM »
YAY! About time you put this on here, yes I'm complaining because I was impatient about it even if I /did/ already read it. ^^; But I love it, and better yet, I love the fact that I know what is going on. So I already know its great. ^^

Quote from: Yuuyami
“What was with the eyes? They were gold!” Reina pointed accusingly at the eye hidden behind the groping devil’s hand.

HAHA That still makes me laugh. XD
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline tanakachi

• Reina's Bodyguard
  • Member+
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 12:18:33 AM »
yay Reina is init!!:D:D, cant wait for the other chapters! sounds like something wickid is about to happen lol

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 12:38:28 AM »
What the....a snake?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 01:59:54 AM »
oh man, Yossi's gonna freak out like mad! :panda_haha:

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 02:04:49 AM »
This sounds like one of those old Chinese or Japanese folktales about animal spirits that disguise themselves as humans, get married, have kids, etc, then have to go back to their spirit world when the humans around them find out who they are.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Our Cursed Gift-2: "Explain please."
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 03:17:27 AM »
>Saikami:   Hahaha, groping devil <3

>Tanakachi: Of course something wicked is coming.

>JFC: What the... A fantasy in a modern fic?

>Elegie: Of course XD

>Slack: Yes, based on the legend as mentioned in this chapter.

>Author's notes: I'm so happy I got reviews! :]... Keep reviewing to keep the chapters up! Oh and, Hebi means snake.

------------------------------

“Well uh…” Miki the snake tilted her head towards herself and coiled on the floor.

“Do I need to ask what the HELL just happened to you?” Reina twitched her wonky eye.

“Yossie!” Miki turned to the said person, and slithered instantly towards her. “You can explain better than I can!” and slithered up Yossie’s leg.

“Get off me! Get off me!” Yossie grabbed the fly-swatter that conveniently hung next to the door and swatted at the Miki-hebi, even though the groping devil was in snake mode, the so-called tomboy of Morning Musume still could not stand snakes. With a hiss of disappointment, Miki slithered back over the top of her clothes.

“So explain!” Reina looked at Yossie.

“Well uh… Miki’s cursed you see. Asides from uh… naturally having golden eyes, and a tattoo of dragon wings on her back, and actually being able to grow them; however, for some reason, she turns into a snake if there’s sudden temperature change, or if she gets kissed (I tried once and uh, you can guess what happened) and such…She’s the Miki we know and love!” Yossie explained in a very feminine manner, eyeing the Miki-hebi cautiously.

“That’s…cool I guess, but why hide it?” Reina turned to look at Miki-hebi.

“Actually, I’m not the only one cursed, there’s seven more within Hello Project with this curse.”

Reina looked at the ceiling and raised her fist in the air, “Damn Tsunku! I knew he was up to no good!”

“Ah! Don’t blame him! He has nothing to do with this!” Miki-hebi waved her tail dismissively, “but nonetheless, what you saw here must not go around. It will create a huge mess if everyone knew!”

“Nah, your secret’s safe with me, but who are the other cursed members?” Reina loomed closer.

“Sorry! That’s a secret kept from you!” Miki waved her tail yet again.

“How do you turn back to normal anyway?”

“Well…it comes—” another poof of blue smoke; Reina jumped at the sudden outburst of energy, and landed right on Miki’s bed. When the smoke dispersed again… Miki stood there, no longer a snake, “…It comes randomly, but the longest is maybe five minutes.”

Yossie could not help but snicker. “My my, aren’t we being a little too direct Miki-chan?” the leader gazed.

“And as you know, we’re completely naked afterwards,” Miki growled before picking up her clothes and stomping off to the bathroom. As she turned, Reina caught a glimpse of the aforementioned winged tattoo on Miki’s back. There were five small tattoos of wings, each located at areas Reina guessed the wings would’ve sprouted out.

“The five wings,” Yossie began,twirling the fly swatter, “represent the fact that Miki is reincarnated from the fifth head of the Orochi.”

“The legend of Orochi? You’ve got to be kidding me.” Reina grasped her forehead with her hands. “I’ve had enough of 1, kissing Miki, 2, seeing her as a snake, 3, seeing her naked, and 4, watching you flirt with her!”

Yossie could only chuckle at Reina’s response. “Well, like she said, keep it a secret, kay?”

“Yeah yeah,” Reina tilted her head backwards, before getting smacked in the chest by something hard. “Dammit!”

“It’s the blow dryer you wanted. Now, get out.”
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 03:28:37 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 03:27:14 AM »
-giggles- I still love this chapter, nomatter how many times I read it. I can just picture Yossie's facial expression towards Hibi-Miki AND of course, I love this:
Quote from: Yuuyami
“The legend of Orochi? You’ve got to be kidding me.” Reina grasped her forehead with her hands. “I’ve had enough of 1, kissing Miki, 2, seeing her as a snake, 3, seeing her naked, and 4, watching you flirt with her!”

Yay for Reina! :3
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 04:21:55 AM »
After some research about the legend of the Orochi, It makes sense now why you chose Miki to be one of the ones cursed.  After all, she's kinda perverted and likes alcohol!  I predict Yuko is one as well, lol.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 05:55:52 AM »
haha pretty funny. I've been getting all these relationship fics mixed up trying to read them all at the same time, so it's nice to see something different like this. Can't wait to see more.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 06:59:35 AM »
Nice fic Yuuyami! :thumbsup

Stories about curses remind me why I enjoyed Ranma 1/2 and Fruits Basket. I will definitely watch out for the next chapters.

This is a wild guess but I have a feeling the once kissed in the lips, Tsunku will turn into a guy :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 10:07:38 AM »
I couldn't help smiling when I was reading this fic :D
I was trying hard to not appear like a wierdo since I was in school.
GREAT JOB!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 11:13:21 AM »
“Oh shit,” said the snake.

XDXDXDXDXD

“It’s the blow dryer you wanted. Now, get out.”

I love Miki! And I love you! Keep writing.

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 05:39:32 PM »
this fic totally reminded me of ranma 1/2.... darn i miss that anime...
I laughed at the last sentence "It’s the blow dryer you wanted. Now, get out." nice fic btw!

Offline bluekinoko

• Member+
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 04:58:31 AM »
This is good. At first Im always a little shy to fantasy fics but I really like this one. Lol.

Is there a good site where I can read up on the Orochi ledgend?

☆ひとみちゃんのためなら バイト バイト バイト!☆

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 06:04:32 AM »
There's always wiki.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Our Cursed Gift - 3 - Liar...
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 08:12:39 AM »
>Saikami: Yay for Miki-hebi! XD

>Slack: Yay Orochi and alchohol! XD

>Do me: Haha yeah, but see Author's Note on the future, kinda.

>Wordsworth: HAHA at Tsunku thing, I actually had NO INTENT whatsoever to make it like Ranma, though there's definately Fruits Basket influence in here.

>Lil_Hamz: Haha, I was giggling while writing this too. An author who laughs at her own stories, whadayaknow XD

>Rndmnweird: I adore Miki too :] Hopefully, I portrayed her character accurately.

>Stefy: Yes, that line got everyone else, I think XD

> Blue Kiniko: Wikipedia is your friend.

>JFC: Wiki = <3

Author's note: I didn't exactly mean it when I'd said I'd focus on everything else actually, of course there's going to be relationships, but who knows, maybe the curse will outdo the relationship? Or will the future relationships out do the curse? You have yet to find out <3

Short chapter. D: It was actually connected to the 2nd, but I thought that'd be too much to read. So I disattached this part to be chapter 3.

----------------------------

“No need to say it!” Reina stood up with the blow dryer, “and thanks!” and with that, Reina walked out of Miki’s room, and headed straight for her own.

“This is pretty awkward, eh?” Yossie peeked her head into Miki’s bathroom, only to get smacked back out for intruding. Another chuckle came from Yossie as she leaned with her back to Miki’s bathroom door.

“You’re not going to tell the head, are you?” Miki said, slipping her pants on her legs.

“Of course I have to tell her; it’s her judgment whether Reina can know or not know. I mean, the big Orochi curse has been revealed after all.”

“Please, you don’t intend on eliminating Reina too, right?” Miki sat on the floor and leaned against the door as well.

“Nah, whatever gave you that idea?”

“The head, she’s already taken care of others, you want to add Reina to the ‘others’ list?”

“Come now, it’s entirely up to the head. I mean, there’s still non-cursed people in H!P that know of the curse, I just want to get on the head’s good side. Everyone wants to, in fact. That’s all.”

Banging her head backwards to hit the door to confirm Yossie’s lies, she simply said, “Liar…”
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 07:15:19 AM by Yuuyami »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
I swear if Rika's the head, I'm gonna cry...

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 11:30:14 AM »
The suspense is killing me!!! :DXD

With the way Yossi talks, it seems that she's also one of the cursed. Can't wait for the next chapter. :)

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 05:46:59 PM »
as other said it remind me of Fruit basket, but also +anima for the tattoo...
but anyway it's funny to read this, and i wanna know who are the others :bounce:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Onegai Miwaku no Target