JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - heart

Author Topic: The Meaning of Peace, starring AiT  (Read 2889 times)

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Meaning of Peace, starring AiT
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:07:04 AM »
Introduction: The following fanfic contains foul language and graphic violence.  I do not believe this violence is exploitative, but it might be disturbing to some of you.  The fanfic stars Ai Takahashi.  A slightly pervy version of this story will be posted to the Perv Fanfic forum.  I do not believe the pervy version is exploitative.  

Chera buckled into his 1st class seat and, exhausted from his meetings in San Francisco, dozed off into a deep sleep.  When he woke up, the plane was aloft.  A girl was sitting to his left in the center row.  As she turned to look at him, he was startled – he recognized her, a famous singer.  The girl smiled.

“Hello,” he said, smiling.  “Hello,” she replied.  “Where you in San Francisco on business?” she asked.  “Yes, I was,” he said.  “You must have been very tired.  When I came in, you were already asleep, and have been sleeping for the past few hours,” she remarked.

“Yes, I was in a bit of a rush to finish up some meetings and get on the flight,” Chera responded.  “Where you also in San Francisco on business?”

“Partly on business, but then I stayed on to do some traveling.  In Yosemite” she answered.  “Ahh.. Yosemite.  I love that place.  Especially Bridalveil Waterfall.  By the way, my name is Chera.”

“My name is Takahashi.  Pleased to meet you.  Bridalveil was really beautiful, both up close and from afar.”

“When I went there last year, there was a lot more water than usual, so much that it overflowed the basin.  I got very wet!” he recalled with a smile.  “Ah, the beauty of the mountains, the smell of the trees.  Nature is truly wonderful.”

“It is, isn’t it?  I was doing a photo shoot in the West Coast, and it was quite stressful.  After it was finished, I stayed on to relax a bit,” she replied.

“Yes, I wish I could also relax more and exercise more.  I used to spar and practice jiu-jitsu every day, but I haven’t had the chance to step into the dojo in weeks!”

“Wow!  You’re an expert in martial arts?” she asked.

“A little,” he replied.  “I have a black belt in jiu-jitsu and a blue belt in aikido.  I also practice Muay Thai.”  “Really?” she exclaimed.  “You must be like those guys in Pride and K1!”

Chera chuckled and smiled.  “Not really.  I’ve won a few amateur fights, but I’m a business consultant, and that really takes up too much of my time.”

Takahashi laughed.  “So if your clients don’t follow your business recommendations, you can always beat them up and force them!”

Grinning, Chera replied, “I guess so, but the ultimate martial art is the art of peace.  Gandhi defeated the British Empire without ever raising his hand, didn’t he?”

Chera and Takahashi continued their talk over dinner.  As they settled down with fruits for desert, the man in front of Chera on his right clapped his hands and raised his voice, “Hey lady!  Gimme shome more ice for me whishky.”

The middle-aged Japanese man was obviously drunk.  A half-empty bottle of Scotch sat on the empty seat next to him.  “1st class has only 3 people in it, and we have to be placed next to this idiot,” whispered Takahashi.  “Yes, he is quite rude, isn’t he?” Chera replied.

As the flight attendant walked away after bringing the man his ice, he gave her a hard pat on the behind.  “Thanks a lot, girl!  Ya really know how ta shervish a guy!”

Takahashi just looked at him, her mouth open in shock at the man’s lewdness.  Chera clenched his jaw, and putting his hand on Takahashi’s, looked down at his lap.  “Hopefully, he’ll get so drunk that he just falls asleep,” he whispered to her.

“He’s such a pig!  If I were a guy, I’d sock him in the jaw,” Takahashi responded.  

Chera turned to her and looked deeply into her eyes.  “Yes, but if you were a stronger person who imposed his will on a weaker one, you wouldn’t be much different from him, would you?”

Takahashi glared back at Chera, and pulling her hand away, whispered harshly, “Coward.”

The middle-aged man continued drinking, and after finishing each glass, asked for fresh ice from the air stewardess.  Every time, he got a new air stewardess, and every time, he whacked them on the ass and made lewd comments about their bodies.  Finally, the chief stewardess walked up to him.  “I hope you are enjoying your flight and our hospitality.  Could we kindly suggest that you stop your drinking?  You seem quite drunk.”

He screamed out, “Whadaya fucking mean, drunk?  I’m not drunk!  I’ve got a shtiff neck, it’ll take more than a bottle of shcotch to get a real man like me drunk.”

“Please sir, if you could lower your voice…”

The man got up from his seat.  “Who da hell da ya think you are, you whore?  Do you know who yer talkin’ to?  I’m a senior manager of Tokyo-Mitsubishi-Mizuho-UFJ, the biggest fucking bank in the whole fucking world.  I could buy this entire airplane with a snap of my fingers, you stinkin’ cunt.”

“Please sir, your language….”

“Shuddup, cunt!” the man said as he shoved her over.  

Chera stood up and said, “Please, could you sit down?”

The man whipped around.  “And who the fuck are you kiddo?  I could beat you up and spit you out in an instant.”

Chera brought up his left palm and pointed his right palm to the man.  He softly said, “Please, I don’t want to fight.  But could you please…”

Before Chera could finish his sentence, the man threw an overhand right hook that caught Chera roundly on the cheek.

Chera continued to look at his straight in the eye.  “I beg of you, I will not fight you.  Beat me up if you want, but please sit do…..”

The man snarled and threw a left hook that hit Chera in the nose.  Blood trickled down onto his lip.  “Ha!  That’s the left hook that made me boxing champion at college,” he exclaimed.

Chera stood steadfast, holding up both of his palms.  “Do what you will.  But I will not back down until you sit down.”

The man grabbed the bottle of scotch from his seat.  “Shuddup, ya hear me kid?  Shuddup or I’ll bash yer head in!”  Enraged, he hit the bottle at Chera’s forehead, breaking it on his skull.  Blood trickled down from a laceration on Chera’s head.

Chera continued to look straight into the eyes of the man.

The man held the broken bottle, his body shaking.  He looked down on the bottle he held on his hand, and then dropped it.  Crying out, the man brought his face to his hands, and sobbed.

Blood streaming from his forehead, Chera gently put his left hand on the man’s shoulder.  Bending forward Chera whispered something to him.  He guided the sobbing man to his seat and buckled him down.  The man bent forward, sobbing like a person in mourning.  Presently he leaned back and passed out, tears on his cheeks.

Chera sat down as a stewardess came running over with a pair of plastic handcuffs and a broom for the shards of glass on the floor.  As Chera looked over at Takahashi, he saw that she was in tears, almost hysterical.  “Why did you do that?  You could have been killed by that man!  Why?  Why didn’t you fight him?!”

Another stewardess rushed over to Chera with a first aid kit.  Takahashi grabbed the kit, he hands shaking, and screamed out, “I’ll take that!  I can do this!  I know first aid.”  The stewardess gave her the kit and walked away.

Sobbing, dripping tears onto his shirt, Takahashi cleaned the wound on his forehead, asking repeatedly, “Why?  You could have died!  WHY?”

When she was finished cleaning the wound, Chera grabbed her by the shoulders.  He looked at her straight in the eye.  

“It’s easy to talk about peace.  It’s easy to profess a love for peace.  It’s easy for a weak person to ask a stronger person for peace.  But if I fought him, I wouldn’t be better than him.  I would be a stronger man imposing myself on him with violence.”

“Don’t you think I wasn’t scared?  That man could have slashed my throat with that broken bottle.”  At that, Takahashi put her hands to her mouth and shrieked, sobbing even more.

“At that point, I wasn’t thinking about how to defend myself if he attacked.”

“I was thinking if he did attack, and I lay there dying, whether I could forgive him for what he had done.  Whether I could find it in my heart to love a man that had killed me.”

Takahashi’s body shook.  She lunged forward to him, hugging him with a furious energy.  “You were going to die…  You were going to die…” she whispered, her voice still choked with tears.

She held him for a long time.  Presently she drew back, and, lips trembling, kissed him.  It was a hard kiss, with no gentleness, the kiss a woman gives to her man as he is leaving home for war.

Chera held her gently, tasting both her tears as well as his blood.  As the shock and danger of what had just happened to him hit him, he kissed her back, with an urgency that rivaled hers.  

Presently, she let go of him.  For the remainder of the flight, they were both quiet, not even looking into each others’ eyes.  

As they emerged from immigration together, Chera walked away.  Takahashi shouted at him, “Wait!  When you sat that man down, you said something to him.  What did you say” she asked.  

Chera looked back at her.  With great gentleness, he said, “I forgive you.”
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:45:47 AM by chera »

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:45:39 AM »
This story was ... different... powerful. Wow I'm at a loss for words. :o  But I have to say it is good and set me thinking. Especially the last bit.... "I forgive you."

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »
omg...this is so deep..."I forgive you.." powerful message coming through here :o

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:13:18 AM »
lil hamz and jafeijai, thanks for your kind words.

This story was inspired by an interview I read some time ago.  A young white man in the South of the US sat next to a black man at the bar of a coffee shop.   A bigot came up to him and threatened him with a knife.  He noted in the interview that that was a turning point in his life: facing death, he could live his ideals of non-violence or just play it safe and back down.  So he told the bigot with the knife that whatever happened, he prayed that he could love that man no matter what he did.  The bigot backed off.  40 years later, many instances of similar great bravery have brought some justice back to the US.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - heart