JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Low

Author Topic: Last Night in Tokyo (starring Aibon)  (Read 3101 times)

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Last Night in Tokyo (starring Aibon)
« on: February 21, 2007, 10:12:59 AM »
I was writing a very pervy alternative to the already pervy “Bring Back the ‘Bon!: The True Story of the Lost Year”, when my muse took over and veered the story into another direction.  Consider this a birthday present for her.

I feel very happy about this non-pervy fanfic.  It stars Ai Kago, and provides a semi-plausible backstory to what happened over the past year.  It doesn’t really matter where the narrator is originally from.  It could be you.  Or me.  Or anyone (heck, it could even be a girl).

Comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  This story stands on its own – there will be no sequel.

------

I walked to the train station tired but happy.  It had been a fun day of sight-seeing in Tokyo, and had just finished having a wonderful dinner at a ramen shop.  As I walked the neon-lit streets of Roppongi, I was pleased that I had studied Japanese hard over the past two years: I could understand most of the signs and could talk legibly to the  locals.  This was the last night of my 2 week trip to Japan – my first ever – but it had a been the vacation of a lifetime.

As I strolled the streets, something caught my eye.  Inside a old phone booth, I saw a picture of a familiar face.  It was Ai Kago, on one of those colorful sheets of paper used to advertise call girls and other enjo koosai (compensated dating) services.  I smiled, thinking of how Aibon’s cuteness could seize a man’s gaze like a magnet.  But then I frowned, as I thought of how shocking the news of her suspension last week had been.  It seemed like every teenager in this giant city smoked.  I shook my head as I walked away, thinking of how girls or pimps were exploiting Aibon’s good looks.

I suddenly stopped.  Wouldn’t it be neat, I thought, if this really were Aibon?  I chuckled at my fantasy, but then on a whim walked over to the phone booth.  I jiggled my pockets and found that I had just enough change for a call.  What the heck, I thought.

A cheerful girl’s voice answered the phone.  “Hello!  Aibon here!” it said.  I chuckled as I heard the voice - the operator even imitated Aibon’s bright tone.  

“Hello.  Are you available now?  I’m in Roppongi,” I said, smiling widely.

“Hey, that’s a coincidence!  I’m in Roppongi too.  Meet me up at the Mister Donut behind Roppongi Hills,” the girl replied.

I gulped.  “Umm… OK!”

The girl hung up.  This was getting really awkward.  

I looked up.  The Mister Donut the girl had mentioned was right in front of me, less than 20 meters away.  I couldn’t believe I had just made an appointment with a prostitute.  Let alone, a prostitute that pretended to be Aibon.

Questions swirled around my head as I stumbled along.  Isn’t prostitution wrong?  Is it only wrong if you’re in a relationship?  Should I tell the girl off for ruining Aibon’s good name?  Would this make me one of those dirty sex tourists?  What if I left her sitting there just waiting there for me in vain?  Wouldn’t it be great to fuck Aibon?

The last thought echoed in my head like a temple bell, just as I reached the door to the Mister Donut.

What the heck, I said to myself.  I could use a hot chocolate, anyway.  I went in.

As I stood in line, my eyes darted back and forth across the small shop.  I couldn’t see any girls sitting alone, let alone anybody that looked like Aibon.  As I paid for the hot chocolate, I laughed at myself for even entertaining the thought.

As I made my way to the door, I stopped in my tracks.  She was sitting alone in a corner booth, a cup of coffee next to her, excitedly playing some game on her telephone.  She was wearing a denim jacket and a mini-skirt, and had on an absurdly large hat.  Massive scarlet-shaded sunglasses blocked most of her face and she had the same smile that had melted my heart when I first saw it six years ago.

I stared.  Then my legs moved on their own.

When I made it to her booth, she looked up, smiled, and asked me to sit down.  My mouth hung half open in shock.  The cold analytical part of my mind saw that her disguise was quite good – if I saw her on the street without knowing that it was her, I would never have guessed she was one of Japan’s top teenage idols.  It made sense: she had years of experience living this secretive life.

“You’re handsome!” she said.

I blushed deeply.  Her unexpected comment shook me out of my reverie.  “You’re too kind,” I replied in shaky Japanese.  “I never expected…” I began, not finishing the sentence.

“Frankly, this is my first time,” she answered.  “The suspension really hurt me, and I thought I needed to live my own life for once, and do something that was really ‘outside the box.’”

I shook my head and frowned.  “Yes, he was very cruel for doing that to you, after everything that you’ve done over the years,” I said.  

She stood up.  “There’s a place near by here,” she said.

I bit my lip.  I couldn’t believe this was happening.  Now that I knew that it was actually her, did I really want to do this?  

She grasped my hand, and we walked outside together.

We walked in silence for five minutes.  The hotel was discrete, and completely devoid of human interaction.  There were clear instructions written on the wall on how to make the payment and the conditions involved.  We made our way to the room.

I closed the door to the room and looked at her.  “Frankly, this is also my first time.  I’m just a tourist, and this is my first visit to Japan.  It was just a joke at first, and I don’t know what made me go into the donut shop,” I said.

“Your Japanese is very good!  I had trouble placing your accent.  You talk almost like a native.  You must have been studying Japanese for a long time.  I can barely speak English.  Are there a lot of fans where you are from?  I've hardly been anywhere outside of Japan and Hawaii, you know.  Do you like Japan?  Have you been to Nara?"  She paused, then looked down with a deep frown.

"I feel so dumb.  You know, I’m so nervous right now, my hands are shaking,” she said.

I softly grasped her hands.  “You know what?  Let’s sit down and just talk,” I said.

She smiled as I sat down on the couch.  As she took off her sunglasses, her face seemed to light up.  But I could see dark bags under her eyes – she had obviously been crying.  

Time seemed to fly as we talked.  I told her about my home town, the chill nights and the foods of my childhood, college, the time I had done the Mini Moni Telephone dance in front of my confused friends in the anime club.  She talked of her life as a child, the trials as a Musume, the fun times and hard times.  She seemed exhausted when she mentioned the confusion and anger of the past week.

Without realizing it, I said to her, “Don’t do this.  I know it’s a hard time for you.  If you want a change of pace, I can help!  Go with me.  I’m flying back home tomorrow.  I’ve got an extra room, spare time on my hands, and can show you around.  You can stay as long as you like.  Nobody will know who you are, and you can be a normal person and decide on your own how you want to live your life.”

She gazed deeply into my eyes, with an expression that wavered between hope and sadness.  Slowly, she grasped my hand.  “Could I?” she whispered.

I stood waiting in the airport the next morning.  Memories of the events of the past night floated in my mind like a dream.  Maybe that’s all it was.  Then I saw her face through the crowds.  She was carrying just a small carry-on and a handbag.  

We smiled at each other from afar.  

She walked to me slowly, every step deliberately, her face beaming with hope and anticipation.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 07:21:12 AM by chera »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:37:23 AM »
I like it.

I missed reading fics with this kind of genre. Your fic has a different tune to it. I don't know if it's because of the emotion or the realism it gave me when I read it or it must be I really miss Aibon that much :P

The words you used and the detailed descriptions of the persona's thoughts and memories made me feel that I was the character itself and not just a reader. And that last line about her steps and her face, that was really something. :bow:

The story at first seem open-ended. But this is where a reader's imagination kicks in. Thanks for making it that way.

My work has been stressful lately and it's keeping me from reading new fics and making my own. It's nice to read short stories like these and I hope you continue to write more non-pervy fics. :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:40:30 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Minoga

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »
Great job.
I really miss Aibon... and this was very emotional to me.
:)

rndmnwierd's fan

Offline Sakura Momusu

• TakaGaki minion, rank E.R.I.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Penguins are our friends, turtles are fine too. ^^
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:30:06 PM »
whoa~ good one. ^^ Guess I'll just use my own imagination from here.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:37:21 PM by Sakura Momusu »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 08:45:41 PM »
Very nice dude. Even though you said that this would stand on it's own and that there would be no sequels, you won't hear me complain if you choose to continue it.  :thumbsup

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 01:05:17 AM »
I miss Aibon.

Edit: Missed I should say. :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:28:03 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Daisukirika

• Peace Peace
  • Member+
  • Otona No Tanoshimi Shiritai
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 11:38:05 AM »
Oh my, Chera you are a very talented person. I like the whole scheme of it plus the ending leaves much to the imagination. I can honestly say I wish I have a dream about this tonight, sounds romantic almost drama like...

"With these eyes I can see your fate"
~Join the JPH!P RPG~ Become your favorite H!P girl~Here!

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »
Thanks for your kind words, guys and gals  :ONkneelbow:

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Low