JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - This Moment

Author Topic: All Aboard! [Chapter 26! --sorry for the wait]  (Read 98096 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
All Aboard! [Chapter 26! --sorry for the wait]
« on: March 08, 2007, 06:53:25 PM »
Back with, *gasp*, a new fanfic. Lol. Crackfic, actually. Just had an idea after dinner earlier...and voila, new fic. Haha. Enjoy!

-----------------------

Chapter 1

It was one of those bright and cheery days, the sun shining down on a peaceful sea, seagulls soaring ahead and pooping wherever they pleased, but ultimately a fine day to be at sea. The weather was clear, the sea was calm, the winds were strong and blowing in the right direction, billowing out white sails and making the swift ship almost fly across the lapping waves.

On such a wonderful day out in the ocean, nothing could go wrong, right?

Wrong.

Well...almost. The scene aboard the ship Red Dawn was one of deceptive calm, looking almost idyllic as the individual crew members who were present on deck went about their tasks monotonously. But anyone who knew of the crew onboard this particular vessel would know that peace onboard was just too good to be true, at least not for extended periods of time. It was quiet. Too quiet. All the sunshine and seagulls cawing somehow felt more ominous than reassuring.

Tanaka Reina was perched on top of the crow's nest, quite glad to be there for once. She knew that as long as she was up there, she was the least likely to suffer any harm from any...incidents occurring below. The young girl was dressed simply in a loose shirt and breeches, with steel wristlets etched with skull symbols, and she wore a hat pulled low over her face, the better to shade her from the direct sunlight. Leaning precariously out over the side, she eyed the deck below.

Still too quiet, she decided. Well, it was a bit early, but she had since learned that time was not a factor in expecting certain...things from happening. Especially not when you have them on board...

Deciding to actually do her job for the moment, Reina looked up and scanned the horizon around her. Sea, sky, clouds and the occasional seagull. No other ships in sight. How boring. They hadn't encountered any merchant vessels for about a week, and she was getting restless. She wasn't quite as violence-prone as their bosun, but she did enjoy a good fight from time to time.

Some movement below caught her eye. Looking down, she saw that it was just Makoto scrubbing the deck. Strange, she thought she had just saw two shapes moving very quickly belowdecks. She was about to conclude that it was just her imagination when a loud BOOM sounded in the general direction of the crew's quarters, followed by a very startled yell a few seconds later. Reina quickly turned her attention to that direction, inquisitive about what had happened.

A very pale Yoshizawa Hitomi, the Second Mate, otherwise known as Yossi, was standing at a very familiar doorway. A glint of something reflecting the sunlight caught Reina's eye...a knife? Yes, a knife. Embedded in the doorframe. About half an inch from impaling Yossi's left eye. No wonder she was freaked. Reina very quickly put two and two together. The shadows earlier + explosion + thrown knife from that particular room...

"The twins..." She groaned from her vantage point. Disturbing she-who-must-not-be-disturbed. In the morning too. Were they crazy? Oh wait, stupid question. Nono and Aibon had nerves of steel when it came to extreme pranking. But still, disturbing Fujimoto in her sleep? They were totally sentencing anyone who went near that door after what they pulled to death. Fortunately, Yossi was a lucky person. Otherwise she would have been missing one eye or worse by now.

Yossi took a deep breath to calm herself. It worked well. She was pretty much used to chaos. She could get over this. She had survived far worse than flying daggers thrown by a sleeping tiger. Took another deep breath. She still had to wake that sleeping tiger. Not exactly the most fun job in the world.

Stepping into the smoky cabin cautiously, she fanned the fumes aside from the mini-explosion that had occurred only moments earlier, noting at the same time the minute traces of gunpowder on the floor. How did those two little devils rig this up this time? She groaned inwardly. Should have known better than to send those two to wake Miki up for her shift, she thought ruefully.

Inching closer to the bunk, she realised that Miki was still sleeping. How the woman managed to sleep through an explosion, throw a knife at her head, and then fall asleep again amidst all the smoke was completely beyond the boyish Second Mate. Heck, she didn't even know where Miki kept all those knives. Did she sleep with blades on her person? Deciding it was too disturbing to continue with that line of thought, she looked tentatively at the peacefully slumbering Miki. How best to wake the sleeping tiger without getting clawed to death? Or more likely, impaled by several daggers? Yossi mentally banished the sudden image of her being skewered by a dozen of Miki's knives, a cold shiver running up her spine at the very thought.

"Miki...wake up..." Yossi called out tentatively. No response. She tried it again, a tad louder. Still no response, although one arm did twitch a little, causing Yossi to almost duck away instinctively. Seeing that no blades of doom were about to start flying in her direction, she crept closer and shook Miki's shoulder gently, hoping to get the other girl awake.

"It's time for your shift..." Yossi tried again. Miki mumbled something and flopped around in her sleep, her arms waving about randomly, causing Yossi to take several steps backwards, fearing for her life. Miki gestured in her sleep again, slurring some words.

"Nnn...Tsuji...go...scrub deck..." A evil sounding chuckle from the still sleeping woman. "Or...keelhaul..."

Yossi sweatdropped.

Deciding to try a different approach, albeit a slightly risky one, Yossi cleared her throat and took a deep breath.

"FUJIMOTO! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!"

"Bbb...wha?" Shut eyes snapped open, and Miki was on her feet brandishing a wicked-looking long knife in one hand, crouched in a ready position even as her eyes were still sleepy and out of focus. Yossi blinked from her hiding spot behind a sea chest. She hadn't even seen where Miki pulled that knife from.

The freshly awakened pirate blinked several times to re-orientate herself. No enemy in sight. No sounds of fighting...what?

"Morning Miki." Yossi waved as she stood up from her place of concealment, still smiling even when a dangerous glare was aimed in her direction. Yossi wasn't afraid of an awake-and-in-posession-of-her-senses Miki (well, not too much). It was the randomly homicidal sleeper mode that scared her, since in that state, Miki could and would probably kill anyone who got on her wrong side, which in itself was not a difficult task. Miki couldn't quite exactly distinguish friend from foe when sleeping.

"My shift?" Miki asked shortly, glaring at her superior officer with her blankly scary face. She was not exactly the most morning person to ever walk the earth.

"Yeah." Yossi nodded, walking towards her own bunk bed. Miki yawned and stretched, sheathing her knife so quickly that you wouldn't even know where she kept it.

"Is that my knife in the door?"

Without turning back to look, Yossi replied. "Yeah."

"Oh." A pause. "No blood?"

"Nope."

"Damn."

Yossi decided not to ask.

Meanwhile, in another corner of the ship, two girls were snickering to each other while whispering conspiratorily to each other. So caught up in their conversation that they didn't notice a shadow loom over them...

"ello girls~!" A loud voice. "Morning~!" A familiar voice.

"Whatcha doing~!" A drunk voice.

Nono and Aibon looked up to see their captain leaning against the side of the ship, a bottle of rum clutched loosely in her hand. Both girls sweatdropped.

Nakazawa Yuko grinned lazily as she took another swig from the bottle. She looked at the girls in front of her. Couldn't tell them apart in her inebriated state. Never could anyway. Besides, all 4 of those girls looked exactly the same....no wait, 6. 8. They were multiplying! She took another swig to calm herself.

"Whuzzah!" The captain slurred drunkenly, reaching out to touch (read: grope) the two girls cowering away from her. As if out of nowhere, someone suddenly showed up. Nono and Aibon breathed a sigh of relief. Kei, the ship's doctor. The one who handled the drunk captain when she was well, drunk. Which was most of the time. As the ship's doctor, Yasuda Kei spent most of her time trying to hide the rum from the captain. It was a losing battle, unfortunately.

Kei only barely managed to guide (read: push and shove) Yuko back into the captain's room. Inside, at the desk, Kaori looked up from the table full of maps and navigational equipment, glancing at the pair that just came in, before going back to chart out their progress again.

Makoto passed by outside the captain's closed door. She was sure she heard a lot of swearing, followed by the sound of shattering glass, but shrugged and went on her way back to the bunk room she shared with Yaguchi Mari, the First Mate. Ordinarily, Yossi should have been sharing with Mari, since they were First and Second officers of the ship, but no one else had been willing to share rooms with Miki except Yossi, so after much rotating around, they had finally ended up with this arrangement.

Back on top of the crow's nest, Reina stretched as far as she could in the cramped area available, even as the chaos of the morning had died down and returned to normal...well, relatively normal. She ran a mental check in her head.

Morning prank by the twins......check.

Someone nearly having a mishap because of said prank.....check.

Miki trying to kill someone......check.

Drunk captain Yuko......check.

Makoto randomly cleaning......check.

Reina paused. Something seemed missing. What was it...?

The crack of a whip below, followed by the startled squeals and thuds of running feet answered her query. Oh yeah...

Miki threatening the twins......check.

Below on the deck, Miki lashed out with her whip again, the sharp crack again the worn wood of theship they served on loud in the morning air. Nono and Aibon eeped and started obediently going about their chores...at least for now.

Reina leaned back and sighed contentedly. Yep, normal start to yet another day at sea. Good weather was definitely a bonus too.

Some outcry below again, less than 10 minutes later. Reina rolled her eyes.

Never a dull moment on board the Red Dawn, the fastest pirate ship on this side of the ocean.
----------------------------------

Yes, the girls as pirates! XD Flying daggers! Miki with a whip! Life is good. ^__^

Anyway, like I said, crackfic. Haha. Hope you guys get a laugh out of it. :P

And oh yeah, "keelhaul" is a form of punishment...involves tying someone to the underside of the ship and letting you scrape against the barnacles on the keel, or bottom of the ship. Not a fun or fast way to die. >_<
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:36:30 PM by Yuuyami »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
All Aboard!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
just.. LOL XDXD
now I want to see 'Hyokkori 2.0' PV with the badass pirate Fujimoto and the drunk captain Yuko :ONxD: :ONxD:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
All Aboard!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »
seems like every fandom needs a pirate fic! XD

love it

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
All Aboard!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »
Just because no one else has said it:

YARR!!!

Can't wait to see who else shows up!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
All Aboard!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:09:12 PM »
Quote from: Estrea;324902

The crack of a whip below, followed by the startled squeals and thuds of running feet answered her query. Oh yeah...

Awesome! XD

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
All Aboard!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 01:51:02 AM »
Quote from: len.chan;324910
now I want to see 'Hyokkori 2.0' PV with the badass pirate Fujimoto and the drunk captain Yuko :ONxD: :ONxD:
If this is included with their new Single V Clips box, I'm buying it! >.>

Great story! xD Pirates are awesome! Drunken Captain Yuko is awesome! (And expected!)

What's even more awesome? Miki with a whip! :heart:

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
All Aboard!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 04:59:38 AM »
You included the twins and that's a win in my book. But I honestly liked everything else about this story, you will continue, right? At least one more?

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
All Aboard!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 05:12:22 AM »
Wow!  You're quite the talented writer!  Very descriptive.

rndmn said it and I second it: I hope you continue this, even if it was meant as a one shot.  There are so many things you could do with it!  

ARR!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
All Aboard!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 06:50:59 AM »
She ran a mental check in her head.

Morning prank by the twins......check.

Someone nearly having a mishap because of said prank.....check.

Miki trying to kill someone......check.

Drunk captain Yuko......check.

Makoto randomly cleaning......check.

I LOVED this part. :lol:

With Miki and Yuko on board, it gives the old pirate expression "lookin' fer booty" a whole new meaning! :damnfunny

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
All Aboard!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 07:11:21 AM »
Funny how Miki a lower ranked pirate is able to boss around with her attitude :D

Can't wait for treasure hunting to start, there would be, right !?

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
All Aboard!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 07:40:32 AM »
Woohoo, it appears everyone likes the pirate idea! Haha. I was reading through the fanfic section and couldn't find any pirate stories, so might as well write my own. I mean, those girls are crazy enough to be pirates! XD

@len.chan: Yeah, I want to see it too! XD Funny is good.

@coachie: Yes, I agree! It's a travesty that there are no H!P pirate fics!

@Slack: Oh, more people will be showing up later. I have so many funny scenes in my head, I can't stop laughing even as I plan everything out. XD Wait for it!

@Amarghetta: Thanks. XD The Miki being badass parts seem to be very popular. XD

@black velvet: Hehe wait till you see dear old Captain Yuko and her Drunken Sword Style...oh wait, I just gave it away! Argh! Haha. And yeah, Miki + whip = love. XD Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Miki-sama, punish me!" XD

@rndmnwierd and Blizzard: Oh yes, I'm writing the second part now. Please be patient! XD This is not going to be just a one shot, I actually have a full length story planned... o_O

@JFC: You just gave me ideas with the "looking for booty" part! XD Good thing I have *cough* as a *cough* later. ;) No more spoilers! :P

@ferrar1: Yep Miki is awesome. Treasure hunting? Who knows? *will not give away anything more. :P

Okie people, I'm about halfway through the 2nd chapter, so please be patient. Only thing I can say is, action in the next part! And introducing a couple of new characters...maybe. I'll see how I can fit it in first. ;) Thanks for reading, everyone! :)

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
All Aboard!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 10:45:05 AM »
And heeeere's the second chapter. Warning, gore and violence ahead. *cough* I'm a sadist, that I am.
--------------------------------

Chapter 2

Yossi swung her sabre around in a fast half-arc, slashing the man who was sneaking up behind her across the chest, even as she simultaneously ducked a clumsy axe stroke from a burly sailor off to her side. Not stopping in her motion, she turned and swiftly decked the sneaking sailor she had just injured, sending him stumbling back and toppling over the railing and into the shark-infested sea below. She barely spared the man she just definitely condemned to death a second glance, reversing her sabre and deflecting the path of the descending axe with the crossguard of her sabre, before leaning back slightly and kicking the large man before her between the legs all in one motion. The man doubled over with a howl of pain, dropping his axe...on his own foot, which made him howl even louder as he toppled to the blood-slick deck.

The battle-hardened pirate slashed down, a precise stroke slitting the throat, ending the life of her opponent in an instant.

A whoosh as something flew narrowly past her head made her jump, but the solid thunk of metal meeting flesh behind alerted her. She turned to look quizzically at the enemy sailor who had been terminated in mid-jump, his cutlass raised over his head, apparently about to cleave Yossi in half from behind. She calmly stepped aside as the now dead man collapsed where she had been standing not too long ago, the hilt of a dagger protruding from his forehead making a sharp rap as it came down on the weathered planks.

"Well thank you for saving your life too!" Miki called out from the other end of the ship, even as the other pirate casually backhanded a crewman sneaking up behind her, before reversing her long knife and unerringly slipping the keen edge between the man's ribs, finding the heart and twisting the knife, all without even bothering to turn around. Yossi pulled a mocking salute at her fellow pirate in acknowledgement, before looking around to see how the battle was going.

There wasn't anyone else left to fight. After the initial charge with Miki and Reina by her side, they had pretty much slaughtered their way through the ranks that stood before them. Miki was a devil in battle, closing in fast and hard, without giving her opponents any chance to retaliate before she ended their lives with her daggers. Reina too, who brandished a harpoon taller than herself, watched her and Miki's back by making sure no one got close enough to them without getting skewered like a fish kebab.

Yossi herself was the only one who had undergone professional sword training in her youth, and was the only sabre-using pirate among the crew, which was a sort of a rarity since such a weapon was usually seen only in the military corps, or amongst the higher ranking warrior families. She was one of the most skilled fighters they had, and the years onboard Yuko's ship had honed her battle awareness to a fine edge.

Turning her attention to the person coming up to her, she recognised immediately the blood-splattered form of her friend and shipmate, the First Mate Yaguchi Mari, the pint-sized pirate who resented it when people made fun of her height, or lack thereof. Not that her height was any real impediment to her fighting prowress though, since Mari was so fast on her feet and skilled with a cutlass that she practically danced around all those hulking sailors trying to stab her, toying with them before finishing them off.

"Are you hurt?" Yossi found herself asking automatically, since all that blood on her friend was a bit disturbing. She was sure that she didn't look any better herself, but it didn't hurt to ask. Mari raised an eyebrow and chuckled reflexively, reaching for a piece of cloth to wipe the blood off her blade.

"All theirs." She gestured at the fallen on the deck. "Bunch of wusses. Not even worth fighting." She shrugged, and Yossi found herself agreeing, even as she wiped off her own sabre before sheathing it in one smooth motion.

Miki came stalking over, her eyes alight from the rush of fighting. She moved like a great panther, as if there were a kind of vicious energy barely restrained within her body. Miki relished the fights they got into, especially on this kind of ship. She had bad memories of slave ships in general, since she had once been captured aboard one, freed only when Yuko and her crew had boarded and raided it. She joined the crew then, a kind of seething rage about her, and Yuko had seen the potential for greatness within the raw young teen then, all ready to be channelled and unleashed on unsuspecting victims.

"Where are the twins?" Was the first thing that slipped out of the usually grouchy pirate's mouth. Yossi and Mari shared a quick, knowing glance. Miki might be all grumpy and threatening to people, especially the troublesome duo, but deep down she cared for the crew she sailed with, almost like a kind of family that had replaced the one she had lost when the slavers came. She watched out a lot for the twins, since those two could get into more trouble in mere minutes by accident than most people could on purpose in a whole year. They all did, really. It was a perpetual question: Where are those two and what are they up to?

"Over there, I think." Mari gestured towards the barrels lining the back of the ship. They all paused to listen. Sure enough, they heard loud splashing noises, gurgled pleas, and racuous girly laughter. All three wondered briefly what sort of horrors they were inflicting on someone, then decided they really didn't need to know in detail.

Yossi watched as Miki walked over to a corpse and rolled it around with her foot. It was the man she had knifed earlier from a distance. Miki leant down and tried pulling the lodged dagger out, but it wouldn't budge easily. Scowling, she planted a foot on the chest of the corpse, and used both hands to yank at the hilt. It finally freed itself as Miki staggered back, holding up her precious dagger and inspecting it with a frown.

"I'll have to polish and sharpen it again..." She mourned briefly, then kicked the corpse from which she had retrieved her newly blunted blade.

"Where are Makoto and Reina?" Yossi asked Mari, who seemed quite well-informed about everybody's whereabouts. Miki had sat down on a nearby barrel and was cleaning her many knives which she pulled from various places on her body. Yossi still didn't know where she hid all of them, and how she did it, really. She wasn't going to risk it by asking, either.

"Down below, probably freeing the slaves. They went under after we took care most of the slavers and the mercs." Mari was wiping her bloody hands absently on her bloodstained shirt. "The Captain came aboard too." The pint-sized First Mate added almost as an afterthought.

Yossi stopped in midstep and gaped. "She what?"

Mari smirked, a strange expression. "Drunk as usual too." Yossi clapped a hand to her forehead. Mari chuckled. "Don't worry, our dear captain fights better when drunk, you know that."

Yossi smiled weakly. Oh yes, Yuko's Drunken Sword style was a legend in itself. A broadsword in one hand, a rum bottle in the other. Yuko would be drinking and swinging that huge sword around like nobody's business. An untrained eye would think that she was just flailing about wildly and without discipline, but Yossi had since learned through observation that the seemingly off-balance and quirky sword movements were actually the core of Yuko's technique, the sheer unpredictability of her attacks giving her leverage and keeping the enemy off-balance. It was very clever, really. Nobody expects a drunk female pirate captain to be able to fight at all, and dropping one's guard was probably the worst, and probably last, thing they would do.

"So what's Yuko doing onboard?" Miki asked as she carefully put away her knives again. "I thought Kei was keeping an eye on her."

"And since when has Kei really been able to stop our captain when she wants to do something?" Mari shrugged, putting up her hands helplessly. Miki snorted in agreement as Yossi grinned. Mari walked over to the open hatch leading below decks, sidestepping the corpses in the process.

Poking her head in, she called out. "Oy Tanakacchi, Mako-chan! Everyone ok?"

A muffled reply came up, but whatever Mari heard must have satisfied her. She straightened up. "They're done cutting the chains and stuff. Most of the slaves seem sort of ok, so they''ll be fine as long as we leave them enough food and water for the trip to the nearest land."

"Basically, same old, same old, huh?" Yossi remarked, coming over to join Mari. "And we still don't know what Yuko is doing." The boyish pirate noted.

"She went straight for the big cheese. You know how she hates slavers." Mari shrugged again. "Let's go see how they did." She suggested.

"I'll go check on the twins." Miki said gruffly, getting up. Mari watched her go, an amused expression on her face.

"She really is nicer than she seems, eh?" Yossie smiled. Of course Miki was. Sort of, anyway.

The two ship's officers made their way over to the captain's cabin on board the dark slaver's ship, sure that they would find their own wayward captain in there. Sure enough, she was, with a rather bemused Kei standing at the side watching Yuko threaten the slave master of the ship. The poor man, fat and potbellied, was sweating profusely and begging for his life, with Yuko sneering dementedly and holding the sword distressingly close to certain...parts of the slave master, who looked like he was about to wet himself.

Mari coughed loudly to get their attention. Yuko turned her head around to glance blearily at her First Mate, waving her bottle-holding hand in greeting. Mari sighed and turned to look at Kei instead.

"We're done clearing the outside, Makoto and Reina are attending to the slaves, and Miki is watching the twins." Mari reported to Kei, since Yuko probably wouldn't pay too much attention to her at the moment. Kei nodded in acknowledgement, before walking resolutely over to Yuko, who was taking delight in scaring the crap out of the gibbering slave master.

"Yuu-chan, we're done around here. Quit playing." Kei said almost gently to the other woman. Yuko looked almost disappointed at having been interrupted, pouting slightly before stepping backwards, but not before giving a good solid kick to the side of the man's head, stunning him.

"Let's keelhaul him." Yuko said almost offhandedly. Yossi smirked. "I'll go get Miki, she loves doing stuff like this." Miki hated slavers with a passion and would gladly peel the flesh off one of them slowly, bit by bit. Which was why the practice of keelhauling appealed so much to her, since the barnacles would do the exact same thing to the victim, turning the man into fish food, literally.

Miki was quite entertained by watching the twins torment one of the mercenary guards that had been hired to guard the slave ship. The two of them had tag-teamed the poor boy, barely more than eighteen judging by his features, and broken his arms and kneecaps so that he couldn't fight back or escape them. Currently, they were doing water torture on him by sticking his head into one of the water barrels and holding him down, but letting him up to get a breath before he drowned, and then repeating the process. It was all a bit sadistic, but Miki couldn't bear to spoil their fun. After all, if the twins let out their frustration by doing this, they were less likely to execute their worst pranks on their own crew. Besides, it was kinda fun to watch them play like this too.

"Ne Nono, this is boring. Anything else we can do?" Aibon commented cheerfully to her partner-in-crime as they pushed the gurgling man underwater again. Nono frowned, a thoughtful look on her face, even as she absently stomped on the boys ankle to make him stop squirming. A stream of bubbles erupted to the surface of the water barrel, even as the nearby Miki heard the audible crack when the boy's ankle caved in.

"You could just kill him you know." Miki offered, twirling a small dagger around on her palm as she leaned against the rail, glancing down at the seething waters of the ocean below. Already she could see the sharks circling around, obviously drawn by the bodies that had been knocked overboard earlier during their fight. An idea started forming at the back of her mind...

"But that's no fun~" The two chimed in unison, yanking the poor merc up for a quick breath before pushing him back down again. Miki chuckled, tucking away her dagger up her sleeve, smirking evilly as she cracked her knuckles.

"Wait until you hear my idea..."

Yossi rounded the cabin she had just emerged from, to the back of the ship. At the sight before her, she paused and raised an eyebrow. Miki and the devil twins were lowering something via a rope into the sea below. Curious, she walked over to see what they were doing.

"Oh hi Yossi!" Miki sounded more cheerful than she had in days. The Second Mate stared at them, then looked at the screaming merc that was begging for mercy as they lowered him slowly, feet first, down into the ocean. An ocean that was filled with circling sharks, drawn by the blood that was dripping off the injured merc, who was sadly still conscious. All too conscious of his own fate the moment he should hit the water.

"Do I dare to ask which of you came up with this?" Yossi shook her head with a shaky laugh. The twins giggled, and Miki smirked triumphiantly. The merc was going down inch by painful inch, the slow speed of which was quite deliberately set by the sadistic trio, the more to heighten the panic and fear of their captive.

"You two, get ready to tie the rope off." Miki ordered. They nodded, grinning maniacally. The young man was already hoarse from all the screaming, suspended about a foot above the surface. The sharks were already snapping at his feet, but Miki yanked the rope up a bit, teasing the vicious fish below.

"Hey Yossi, a hand please." Miki huffed, and Yossi joined her to hold the rope in place as the twins fastened one end of the rope securely.The two dashed forward, task completed, and looked over the rail with eager anticipation. Miki and Yossi exchanged a look, and ignoring the panicked gibbering of their victim, they slowly let the rope go.

The merc hit the water feet first, the rope affixed to him preventing him from falling all the way in, only submerging him up to his waist. It was a deliberate move of course. The merc suddenly found his voice again and shrieked like a baboon having his balls ripped off. Which was what was quite literally happening. The water below raged, the white froth rapidly turning red. A chewed off leg floated briefly to the surface, before being swiftly snapped away by the great gleaming jaws of a huge shark.

The twins cheered and high-fived each other, before hurling themselves at an unsuspecting Miki and hugging her like a pair of koalas clinging to a tree. "Thank youuuu~" They exclaimed loudly in unison. Miki growled, trying to shake them off, but they had a death grip around her neck and were refusing to let go. She was beginning to get annoyed.

"Get off, or you're joining him down there." Miki snarled. The two immediately let go, still chuckling. Yossi shook her head, deciding to convey the captain's orders to Miki, who nodded, a ghastly gleam in her eye as she set off, the devil twins tagging along in eager anticipation.Yossi sighed and looked over the rail. The young man was sadly, still alive, not enough strength to scream, but the hoarse whimpers were clearly audible.

Feeling a moment of pity for the poor boy, Yossi drew her sabre and cut the rope in a quick move, ending his suffering in a few moments as the sharks converged...

Sighing again, Yossi sheathed her sabre, one hand still placed over the hilt of that proud weapon, the last remaining legacy of her line, along with her. She stared off in the horizon, her eyes distant for a moment. Shaking herself out of it, she turned to join her crewmates in the plunder.

~*~*~

A man sat at an ornate desk, the surface of which was strewn with documents and reports about the increasing rate of piracy in the eastern seas. The man looked to be in his late 40s, robust and energetic despite his age, and sat with a kind of regal military bearing. The uniform he wore gleamed, the medals and badges reflecting the light of the setting sun from the broad windows.

He was interrupted in his work by a sharp rap on the door. "Come in."

A familiar figure came in. A bit petite in size, but with a distinct military bearing that made the slim figure look taller. The man looked at the new arrival, his face still stern, but his eyes were gentle as he gazed at the serious face of his protege.

"Admiral." The voice was regulatory, standard military courtesy, the salute crisp and inch-perfect. The man, the Admiral, didn't know if he should be rueful that his own child looked so distant from him, or be proud of the fact that in front of him stood one of the youngest people to ever be promoted to be a captain of one of the Royal Navy's warships. Yes, his child was definitely of the proud seafaring lineage that they were descended from. His eldest, and his pride and joy.

"Glad you could make it, Captain." His own voice was strict and unemotional, a reflection of his own strict military bearing. He could never quite voice how proud of his child he was, the words never seeming to be able to come naturally. He only hoped that his child didn't blame him too much for being distant.

They got down into business immediately, the younger keen and alert as the Admiral explained the situation and the deployment. Sent to patrol the eastern seas, his eldest child would be helping to crack down on the damn pirates that infested those waters. He had absolute faith in the ability of the young Captain, and he said as much, noting as those clear eyes flashed with a certain kind of joy at the matter-of-fact praise.

As the Captain got up and saluted, preparing to leave, the Admiral couldn't help but awkwardly inject his sentiments as a father.

"Be careful out there." His voice was gruff, but affectionate. An awkward, almost shy smile beamed back at him, lighting up the room in the process.

The Admiral watched as the door closed. He didn't know why, but he felt that it would be the last time he would see his eldest daughter smile back that way at him again. He tried to ignore it, but the ominous feeling never left him that night...
--------------------------------

And I'm done. Sorry I made them so vicious and bloodthirsty, but hey, they're pirates. Pirates are not really supposed to be nice people. Who are the new people? Well, we'll have to wait and see, won't we? XD

So tell me what you think people!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:36:22 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
All Aboard!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »
That was bloody bloody.
Quote from: Estrea;325487
Pirates are not really supposed to be nice people.
Except for Konno.  Konno would be the caring, sensitive pirate.

I don't know what's more scandalous.  The Top Two breaking a boy's arms and kneecaps in order to torture him, or Miki watching amusedly.

I like your characters.  They're exaggeratedly vicious, and most of all, they are funny as heck.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
All Aboard!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
my prediction of the story line.

In 1 side pirates, led by Yuko + the yankees and the fun people (Miki, Reina, Yossi etc)

In 1 side royal navy led by Nacchi or Kaorin + the good girls (konno, Ishikawa, Kamei etc)

i WISHED :D

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
All Aboard!
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 03:19:57 PM »
Quote from: ferrar1;325570
my prediction of the story line.

In 1 side pirates, led by Yuko + the yankees and the fun people (Miki, Reina, Yossi etc)

In 1 side royal navy led by Nacchi or Kaorin + the good girls (konno, Ishikawa, Kamei etc)

i WISHED :D

You read my mind!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!

Well, almost. XD

Minor spoiler: The "good girls" are just as crazy. Almost. What can you expect? I'm the one writing them after all. :P

And thanks OTN1! Hehe, I liked the exaggerated viciousness too. I was aiming for slightly campy fun. XD Funny as heck? I'm soooo glad you thought that! I had a lot of fun thinking up ridiculous things for them. XD It gets better when the Navy girls show up. :P I promise!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
All Aboard!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 05:26:12 PM »
Oh, where do I start...? :P

Miki, of course! Yeah, she the badass but she has her own (warped) reasons to be like that. I've always liked characters like that. The fact that she cares about the twins proves that she's not pure evil...

Yossi herself was the only one who had undergone professional sword training in her youth, and was the only sabre-using pirate among the crew, which was a sort of a rarity since such a weapon was usually seen only in the military corps, or amongst the higher ranking warrior families. She was one of the most skilled fighters they had, and the years onboard Yuko's ship had honed her battle awareness to a fine edge.
It fits her 'prince' image somehow.

Reina too, who brandished a harpoon taller than herself, watched her and Miki's back by making sure no one got close enough to them without getting skewered like a fish kebab.
This was funny! I did picture Reina like that. XD

"Over there, I think." Mari gestured towards the barrels lining the back of the ship. They all paused to listen. Sure enough, they heard loud splashing noises, gurgled pleas, and racuous girly laughter. All three wondered briefly what sort of horrors they were inflicting on someone, then decided they really didn't need to know in detail.
This made me think of Poltergeist's intro score, dunno why.

The twins cheered and high-fived each other, before hurling themselves at an unsuspecting Miki and hugging her like a pair of koalas clinging to a tree. "Thank youuuu~" They exclaimed loudly in unison. Miki growled, trying to shake them off, but they had a death grip around her neck and were refusing to let go. She was beginning to get annoyed.
Ha, this pretty much describes the interaction between my (way younger) siblings and me. They cling onto me and I growl... XD
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:12:24 PM by Amarghetta »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
All Aboard!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 08:51:07 PM »
I thought I reviewed this before o_O Oh well, might as well now xD

I freaking love H!P pirates. I love how you depict Yuko as the even stranger version of Johnny Depp's infamous Jack Sparrow character. Drunken fighting-style is so (misleadingly) awesome! <3

I love how you made Reina weild a harpoon; for some reason, I had always pictured her as the kind to use spears if not her yankii fists of doom xD

I adore Yossie and Miki's chemistry too! Miki's definitely in character <3 As with Yossie xD

For some odd reason, I knew that Mako will somehow end up as the 'poor' character, as in being a deck scrubber. (As cemented by Okamura from the Bakajo Tests) At least Kei's a cook, WOO!

The twins rock. 'nough said.

Alright. As for the idea overall... I love it mucho, simply because it's one crazy yet whacked out crew xD Are you a fan of One Piece? Nonetheless, I get giggley feelings in my stomach that there's still going to be more people joining the crew :] That, or we'll meet other H!P-related crews (either allies or enemies? :< ).

Now for the obligatory custom of mine for all new stories <3

-gives you a hardhat to protect yourself from writer's block-

<3

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
All Aboard!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 02:20:41 AM »
The evilness is loved very much! H!Pirates is so awesome.

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
All Aboard!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 02:25:19 AM »
hahaha, I love pirate musumes!

"Whuzzah!" The captain slurred drunkenly, reaching out to touch (read: grope) the two girls cowering away from her. As if out of nowhere, someone suddenly showed up.

XD

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
All Aboard!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 04:34:05 AM »
Wooo!  Sadistic twins! :twisted:  Now they are real pirates!  Miki is like their sadistic mentor, observing them from the background as they try things out themselves, and offering advice on how to do it better!  Listen well, young grasshoppers, listen well.

I am sooooo looking forward to the promise of more swashbuckling action!  You write action scenes very very well!  It's quite easy to follow and form a mental picture of the fight.  

I hope you put Yuuyami's hardhat to good use!  I can't wait for more!

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - This Moment