JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Teppu Surudokunatte

Author Topic: On Call [Chapter 12- 7July]  (Read 37722 times)

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
On Call [Chapter 12- 7July]
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:18:06 PM »
Here we go, my commitment for the year 2011. Let's hope this sticks.

Thank you, Ropy for being my bouncing board. Also, thank you for the chapter's title.

-----

Chapter 1: Morning Rush

Odd. Damned door was locked.

*Tap tap tap*

“Tan!” Aya whispered, in deference to the early hour. She jiggled the doorknob again and tapped urgently on the door. “Tan, wake up!” she hissed louder.

Aya pulled her phone out and tried calling Miki again in desperate futility, knowing that her best friend slept like a dead log.

“Oh, come on,” she muttered to herself “I swear I will kill…”

Aya looked up at the sound of soft footfall to see Goto Maki, freshly showered, hair tied up into a messy ponytail, striding purposefully to the lift lobby from the opposite end of the hallway.

Maki’s steps faltered slightly when she spotted her rival, eyeing Aya warily as she pressed the lift button.

The lift chimed and the doors slid open, jolting them both to action. Maki rushed into the lift, punching the ‘close’ button repeatedly. Aya pounded on Miki’s door, not caring about being quiet anymore. She heard Maki chortling as the lift doors closed.

“God… dammit!” she slapped the door in frustration. “Mikitty!!”

The door opposite Miki’s room flew open, a bleary-eyed Masae stumbling out into the corridor “Shitfire, Matsuura, it’s fucking 4:00 am! Some of us just got into bed.”

“Fuck!” Aya bolted past the irate Masae, and made a beeline for the emergency fire escape.  She flew down the stairs, three steps at a time, almost slipping and braining herself on the railing.

Cool morning air hit her as she burst out the front doors. She spotted Maki already on the far side of the square yard, jogging leisurely towards the main building.

“Ha!”

-----

It was a nice morning, Maki noted, as she kept up a nice even pace. She’d taken to running as a way to keep fit, loving the quiet moments it afforded her. Sometimes, Yossi would join her, possibly the only person who could keep up with her. ‘That’s nice,’ she thought absently, ‘I hardly ever get to see her anymore.’

The crunching of wheels against concrete gave her just enough warning to turn and diveroll out of the way of the oncoming bicycle. Matsuura Aya, like a demon possessed, pedaled furiously past her and ramped up the wide staircase leading to the side doors of the main building. She jammed on the brakes and skidded sideways, jumping off at the last moment to leap for the door.

“Hah!”

“’Ha’ janeyo!” Maki yelled, as she rushed up the stairs, hot on Aya’s trail.

The yard was still again, save for two figures, sprawled on a bench near the door. Kago snapped the camcorder screen closed and Tsuji stretched, yawning widely. They leaned against each other as they entered the building in companionable silence.

-----

Aya and Maki moved like wolves on the hunt down the corridors to the main staff room, silent lethal alpha predators who were not above shoving and clothes-pulling.

The first thing the frazzled duo noticed when they managed to squeeze in through the doorway at the same time, two abreast, was Ishikawa Rika on the couch, sipping on a cup of whatever like the goddamn queen of England, not a hair out of place. She eyed them with amusement and shrugged delicately.

They scrambled to the notice board, straining to read the notice they’d been waiting for.

“Uso!”
“Matta?!”

“Nani?” Kago stuck her head in between Aya and Maki’s, reading the notice. The memo was typewritten, save for the blank which was filled with Nakazawa-san’s unmistakable scrawl.

NOTICE
The Chief Resident position announcement will be deferred until whenever the hell I feel like it, pending further administrative deliberation.

NAKAZAWA Yuuko,
Chief of Staff
Asa University Hospital

Tsuji yawned loudly, settled her head in Rika’s lap and promptly went to sleep.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:55:27 PM by gracula »

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
Re: On Call [ch 1- 8Jan]
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
OH MY GAH!!!

If it's grac, I'm following. 100%.
So so so happy you decided to put up a story. Will read it and edit this post with a proper response soon enough, but for now, just SO excited!

:cow: :cow: :cow:

Yay! Thank you so much for this; I've kind of skimmed through it already and indeed it looks promising (and hella funny xD). Good luck with writing, buddy. Ropy helping you out too?  :shocked:

Kyyaaaa, happy~!  :nya:
 :heart:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
Oh My Gah

This is quite an interesting thing especially Ayaya, great job
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 10:58:58 PM »
WHAT the HELL just happened!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 01:52:24 AM »
Whoa! I don't know what just happened either! :lol: But it's totally interesting! :w00t: I kept on thinking about GAM romance at the beginning. :D

Hooked! :cow:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »
Hmm interesting start...

I'm not sure what got into Aya but you got my attention. Plus Maki!!!

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: On Call [ch 2- 8Jan]
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:54:54 PM »
Thanks for reading, guys. Well- I guess if I gotta explain it, means I didn't do a good enough job putting it together  :nervous Okay, okay, will keep at it til something gets going- lemme know if I miss something out, or if things get too technical.  :P I figure, let's get an ambitious All Star Hello Pro story up and figure out how to do it as I go.

-----

Chapter 2: Morning After

Asa University Hospital boasts a Staff Cafeteria with the best cuisine this side of Japan’s institutionalised dining services. It hosts the crème de la crème of medical practitioners, especially it’s internationally-renown surgical department and is the hub of the teaching hospital.

And so that morning, the senior surgical residents’ table, previously known as the junior residents’ table, was abuzz with talk relating to the announcement delay.

“I can’t believe they’ve postponed again!” Maki complained loudly.

“I can’t believe that you,” Aya smacked Miki on the arm “Bet.” Smack. “Against.” Smack. “Me!” Smack. “And purposely delayed me just to win.” Smack. “We were supposed to go together!”

“I told you, I crashed in the on-call room because my crit care patient coded twice last night.” Miki defended herself against Aya’s surprisingly stinging blows. “And, repaying my study loan is infinitely more important than loyalty. Geez, you're such a competitive overachiever.”

At the nurses’ table, Shibata listened in to the ruckus and turned to her best friend, “What bet?”

“Who’d get to read the announcement first. As though rushing to read it first changes the name on the notice.” Rika explained, with a disdainful sniff.

“Oh sure,” Miki piped up, “Then why were you first to reach the staff room, Ishikawa-san?”

“It’s the distinction of behaving like a gracious winner or a poised loser.”

“And smug condescension or cool indifference.” Aya added.

Maki nodded vigorously, “It’s extremely important. Nobody knows why it’s so important, though.”

“That’s ‘cause its tradition.” Tsuji piped up. “I heard that during Yaguttsuan’s time, she installed latch bolts on the dorm doors in the middle of the night. The only reason why she lost was because Sayaka-san had camped out in the staff room overnight.”

“Why were you and Aibon there this morning, Non?” Rika asked.

“Your trusty resident bookie has to record the outcome. I gotta admit though, Rika-chan, if you weren’t making so much noise blowdrying, we’d have slept through your fabulous video finish at 3:30am.”

“There’s video?” Miki brightened up visibly.

"It's hilarious- you gotta see this!"

At the far end of the cafeteria, Psych Attending Yasuda Kei and Chief of Surgery Iida Kaori sat at a lone table set up a respectful distance from the main dining area.

“Your residents seem really lively today, Kaorin.”

“Mm, ne?” Kaori cut into her omelette ‘with surgical precision’, her mind supplied cleverly. To her credit, she tries not to inflict her puns on her colleagues too early in the morning.

“I wonder what Yuu-chan’s doing, postponing the Chief Resident announcement like that, time after time.”

“I think she just likes to see the scramble. A little competition is good for everyone. I remember our batch was made to audition for the post. We were literally grovelling on our hands and knees, scrubbing corridors. It’s practically tradition.”

They finished the last of their coffee and got up to clear the table. “Well, its off to the Cages for me. Have fun at staff meeting later, Kaorin.”

A sudden yell of laughter from the senior residents’ tables startled them and Iida raised her voice to carry across the din, “Hora, omae-tachi! I better not reach the meeting room before you do!”

Everyone scrambled to finish their food and ran out ahead of their scary senior attending.

-----

Staff meeting was a zoo that morning, and Iida could barely control her surgical residents.

“Alla you, shut up!” Nakazawa yelled, “One more complaint out of any of you, I swear I’ll name Kago-chan Chief Resident.”

“Hmnh?” Kago looked up from her breakfast burrito, dropping bits of masticated meat and dough onto the table. Various noises of discontent and murmuring filled the room.

“And why not?" The Chief responded with a pointed glare at the dissenters. "She’s completed her residency in Internal Medicine, while some of you are hardly halfway through.”

“That’s ‘cause she chose a speciality with the shortest residency duration,” Maki muttered. Kago grinned widely, flashing a victory sign at the room.

“And of course,” Nakazawa’s voice rose, as she looked pointedly at Tsuji, Miki and Yossi. “Those of you seniors who have been sitting on declaring a surgical sub-specialty.”

Tsuji blinked. Yossi had the good grace to look embarassed, while Miki just glared at whoever was looking at her.

“Well, last order of business- the fresh meat and greet. Dr. Abe?” Kaori continued quickly.

Nacchi cringed at the pun and glanced disapprovingly at Iida, who looked pleased with herself, “The welcome reception for the new interns who’ve been selected for our prestigious surgical residency program. They’ll be placed under the care of the following senior residents. If your name is called, please be at the Residence community hall at 7:00pm sharp: Dr. Maki Goto, Dr. Ishikawa Rika, Dr. Yoshizawa Hitomi, Dr. Matsuura Aya and Dr. Fujimoto Miki.”

“For those whose names were called,” Nakazawa interjected, “It’s not just a coincidence you were a nominated candidate for the position of Chief Resident. Your ability to produce doctors out of medical students will be part of the selection criteria.”

“Everyone else is welcome to join the gathering after your respective shifts,” Nacchi finished.

Kaori nodded, “Okay, that’s it. Back to work everyone.”

“And don’t kill anyone today.” Nakazawa added, as they shuffled out of the room.

-----

Rika fidgeted nervously in the opulent waiting rooms of the Administrative offices, waiting for her appointment with Chief Nakazawa. Murata Megumi from Plastics walked out of the room and gave her a smile and wink, jerking her thumb to indicate that it was her turn next.

“Ojamashimasu.” Rika rapped on the door twice and peered in to see Nakazawa squinting through her reading glasses at some administrative reports.

Yuuko waved Rika over, “Siddown. Do you want some tea?”

“No, thank you,” the resident replied politely. She saw her letter, opened on the Chief’s desk and felt her heart beat double-time.

“How long more before you finish your applied residency?”

“One more year, this is my last rotation.”

Nakazawa flipped through the file containing Rika’s records, “You scored highest on the shelf tests for neuro last year, Rika-chan, beating Ayaya.”

Rika kept silent, waiting for the Chief to continue.

“Why do you want to change specialties suddenly? And pediatric medicine of all things?”

“I really enjoyed my pediatrics rotation- it was a good learning experience.”

“Damn that resident-stealing Heike.”

“It’s not Michiyo-san’s fault.” Rika quickly intervened on behalf of the Chief of Pediatrics. “I just like working with children.”

Nakazawa regarded Rika seriously, “Let me think about it and discuss this with your seniors. You show great aptitude for surgery and there isn’t any good reason to allow you to drop out of the surgical program.”

“Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me yet. You may just live to regret your request.” Nakazawa gestured for Rika to leave, a thoughtful look on her face.

Rika smiled at her boss’ melodramatism, “See you at the reception tonight, Chief.”

-----

Did you know, that up to the mid-20th century, some medical and surgical residency programs had its residents living in hospital-based quarters? This was one of the ways I could get most of 'em living together, short of some school-drama (but that's really reaching, huh?)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:03:47 PM by gracula »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 05:28:52 PM »
Ah, I see. I was like, why the hell are crazy idols running each other down. Now I know it crazy DOCTORS running each other down!

Ergh *shudders* The H!P girls as doctors. The crazy H!P girls as crazy doctors.

:w00t: XD :lol:

“And, repaying my study loan is infinitely more important than loyalty. Geez, you're such a competitive overachiever.”
:lol: :lol: Miki.

Kaori cut into her omelette ‘with surgical precision’, her mind supplied cleverly. To her credit, she tries not to inflict her puns on her colleagues too early in the morning.
:lol: :lol: Kaori.

I just love how Nakazawa gives them a hard time, too. Man I miss old H!P.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
Rika as a pediatric doctor seems to be a good idea for her if she was interested and them becoming doctors was an awesome idea
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
OMOGOSH IT'S HERE. HERE HERE HERE. AND THERE ARE TWO CHAPTERS ALREADY.

Why this always happen when I'm not around? WHY!?  :panic: 

Well, it doesn¡t matter, is awesome anyway  XD

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

I have to do A LOT of catching up thanks to my internet, who hates me and decided to rebel against me on holidays sdknfskjfdnsafdk  :angry:, but I just saw this and got too excited to put into words. I'll put a proper comment later (I want to catch up first and then bring all my fangirling here  :yossi: ) , but I needed to tell you right here right now that I'm dying from happiness :mon angel:

AND THANK YOU GRAC  :wub:

I'll be back!

*goes to catch up with everything*

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 04:31:22 AM »
your cool, i love it, i really like the old generations compared to the current one.... :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

because there is Mikitty and Ayaya :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 04:49:42 AM »
A medical saga written with the four Alpha Queens of H!P (Miki, Aya, Maki, and Rika) sure to provide plenty of drama....... Grac-san, please continue! :P2

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »
A medical drama, cool idead Gracula, I am liking the start to this fic and am hoping for more.....

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 03:04:52 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaand here I am again!   :cow:

I was in low spirits today. Ai-chan's graduation announcement let me feeling like :bleed eyes: But I found myself thinking: "Gosh, I'm glad to have still grac's fic to read, that surely will cheer me up a little". Because your writings always manage to make me laugh, even if is a little. And I'm really grateful for that  :heart:  :cry:

First of all thank you again. I'm a very happy bouncing board. And you even used the title, whoa, whoa  *bounces happily everywhere* . And talking about titles, I like very much how the two first titles are "Morning Something". It feels a little strange saying that if I think I suggested one title but anyway XD It's a nice touch, the Morning thing in the two chapters. 

I absolutely love H!P Medical Dramaland :heart: Since you talked about it, I have been eager to read the whole thing. And here it is at least, with two chapters out already! Really, I was so excited when I saw the topic. That's why I left that hype message up there without reading the whole thing (I was reserving it for later and I'm happy I did ). I already loved it, but with each chapter I read, I love it more and more.This fic went straight to my favourites of all times. The fact someone decided to use such a huge cast for a fic to interact like this is awesome enough. But the fact it was you brings the awesomeness to a brand new level, knowing your writing style. It's gonna be epic, I know it. So I hope I can accompany you in your commitment for this year.

So yeah, summarizing, I love you, I love your writing and I love this idea  :heart: But you already knew that, as always.  So let's move on with the proper commenting ~  XD

Maybe I'm going to say again some things I told you earlier in the first chapter but please endure it?

Chapter 1: Morning Rush

I love not knowing what the hell is going on until you read the final note and then all clicks in a hilarous way :lol: The whole situation situation who leads to that is funny as hell. Let's fangirl-check:

- Ayaya pounding Miki's door like crazy and Maki's hitting with same vigor the elevator button, while exchanging one of those glances which seems like they could start a fire or something, awesome. Members acting like mad for no coherent reason (at first, at least) was son confusingly awesome at that point  XD And by the way I thank you for the mental image of "Goto Maki, freshly showered, hair tied up into a messy ponytail, striding purposefully to the lift lobby". I don't know if I ever said it, but for me, messy ponytail =  :wub: . And if it's Maki who has it, even better <3

- Masae appearing out of nowhere (more like her room) and telling Aya to shut up, in such a wonderful way, awesome again. I love Masae, a lot. I love Melon Kinenbi girls in general, but specially Masae.  I wasn't expecting her , and definetely not at the beggining, so when she popped up just like that, you made me love all this a little more  :heart:

- Maki thinking about Yossie. NICE. And interesting. Very interesting... *already speculating  just because I love speculating about insignificant details* . Why Yossie doesn't jog anymore? Schedule problems? Or anything else? I wonder if those two are the only ones who likes to run around. And I'm sure Eririn could keep with her running! She is a fast turtle after all, even if I'm not so sure of her stamina... We have to leave alone the fact Kame wouldn't wake up only to be running around, of course.She's such a sleepy head XD And whoops, I got sidetracked.

- Ayaya VS Maki, Round 2, awesomeness level increasing. One of my favourites part of the chapter XD.  I don't think I have to explain why. I laughed so much, specially at this:

Matsuura Aya, like a demon possessed, pedaled furiously past her and ramped up the wide staircase leading to the side doors of the main building. She jammed on the brakes and skidded sideways, jumping off at the last moment to leap for the door.

Awesome Ayaya is awesome.  Competitiveness is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?  :lol: At least as long it keeps bringing us situations like those. And I have the feeling that is exactly what is going to happen~

- Random Tsuji-Kago in the campus picked up my interest too.Those two are so evil and cute at the same time  :heart: Luckily we had that explained at second chapter... and they didn't dissapoint me at all  XD

- And this part, who needs the quote because it was the epic win of the chapter (along with Nakazawa's notice XD ):

Ishikawa Rika on the couch, sipping on a cup of whatever like the goddamn queen of England, not a hair out of place. She eyed them with amusement and shrugged delicately.

That's my Rika-chan ~ :otomerika: Maybe I'm to biased towards her, but really, after all the epic Aya-Maki confrontation to be first, what they saw when they enter is that :rofl: A really awesome mental image :rofl:

- And finally, the notice, full of epic win. When we finally realize and are aware of where are all the fun is (and will be) taking place,all in a very Nakazawa-ish way. This woman will never cease to amaze me with the awesomeness of her personality :heart: I think I told you, but you always make me love even more all the characters. It's your fault Nakazawa grow on me even more lately, you know  XD And this, with the plus of a cute sleeping Nono, was withouth doubt the perfect way to end this chapter <3

Chapter 2: Morning After

More characters and more information here! A lot more  :heart: I loved that! A lot of my random question got answered (like what the hell were doing Kago and Tsuji in last chapter with the camera), and a lot more of them just appeared  XD
Being in that cafeteria with everyone in must be a crazy experiencie, knowing what kind of persons are in it  XD Just the senior surgical resident team where this time, along with some nurses, Kei and Kaorin, but they were being civiliced at least) and made such a racket  :lol: I already adore SS team sorry, but write the full name everytime is a pain lol and their interactions. And now is when I have a lot of problems pointing out all the awesome things, because the whole conversation was awesome.

- Ayaya hitting on? lol  Mikitty, who is being all awesome for betting against her friend  :rofl: Seems like she doesn't buy your excuses Miki-tan ~

And, repaying my study loan is infinitely more important than loyalty

And yes, that's the Mikitty I love so much. I can imagine perfectly her face when she said that :lol:

- Shibata! More Melon-love! :heart: :heart: So she is a nurse? I wonder how many of  them are nurses. Melon member or not, I mean.  When I think in nurses I think in pink outfits. And when I think in pink I think about Sayu  :lol: Usa-chan peacee ~

“Oh sure,” Miki piped up, “Then why were you first to reach the staff room, Ishikawa-san?”

“It’s the distinction of behaving like a gracious winner or a poised loser.”

“And smug condescension or cool indifference.” Aya added.

Maki nodded vigorously, “It’s extremely important. Nobody knows why it’s so important, though.”

- THIS ^ :rofl:

Stupid traditions like that are important. I think I know who started with all that crazy stuff  :rofl: And I said already I love how each one of those sentences?  So grac-like, using exactly the right words to make it awesome and hilarous :heart:

And quoted apart just because it worths it, but still part of the same conversation, the first epic win in the chapter

“That’s ‘cause its tradition.” Tsuji piped up. “I heard that during Yaguttsuan’s time, she installed latch bolts on the dorm doors in the middle of the night. The only reason why she lost was because Sayaka-san had camped out in the staff room overnight.”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I will never be tired of things like this. Never  XD Really, I loooove Yaguchi. And Sayaka!  Sayaka is being mentioned here as well!  :inlove: Awww, again you are making me love all this even more and more ~ And I swear I'll find a way to pay you back if you do a short crack about this someday >_>...

- Tsuji/Kago bringing up Rika's video and Miki suddenly interested in it was priceless too.  I almost can see Miki's eyes suddenly lighting up with excitement at the mention of the incident video proof  :lol: I couldn't help but remember that character study of Mikitty laughing her ass off with Charmy's videos XD 

- I LOVE KAORIN'S BAD PUNS (ALL OF THEM) AND SURGICAL PRECISION :heart:
So Kemeko is into Psych Attending, uh? I think it suits her a lot. I LIKE. And of course, I approve to of Kaorin being Chief of Surgery. I love how she was bossing around in the cafeteria <3 I'm liking a lot those so called "traditions" in this University Hospital  :lol:

And the meeting, omg the meeting  :lol: I love to laugh with all this and at the same time being told little by little important information regarding the hospital, and the positions, and everything <3
I laughed a lot with the scene of Kago eating her burrito, dropping the half of it while Yuko was shouting and everyone was just complaining...  I don't have to explain why, have I? :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl: The battle for the Chief Residence title continues! It would have been nice to see Aibon in that position, though XD And some nice information about everyone studies in top of that <3
And there are more characters in here. Nacchi! :heart: Ms. Perfect had to explain the information properly, of course XD If all of these crazy persons weren't enough, there are some newbies coming, uh... I'm really looking forward to see the first day of each one those new interns.  Let's see how well Maki, Rika, Yossie, Aya and Miki treat the new people. Specially Miki, because I'm sure the groping demon will awake shortly  :lol: And by the way, I wonder again...  Where was Yossie all morning, before the meeting...? It seemed like she wasn't in the cafeteria, neither interested in being the first in reading Nakazawa's notice in chapter one... Not to mention Maki said something about not seeing her as usually as before too. Hmmmmm... Yossie is starting to really intrigue me  :huhuh   

“And don’t kill anyone today.” Nakazawa added, as they shuffled out of the room.

Today?  :lol: :lol: How can I not love her? Nakazawa :heart:

And the next part... it was very, very, VERY interesting. And not because is about Rika, uh. Well, maybe that helped a little but  I assure you that wasn't the principal reason. But apart of Nakazawa being awesome as always, we have, first of all,two more characters in here. Murata (more Melon members <3), who is from Plastics... not really a surprise. I can picture that. And Heike, who is Chief of Pediatrics. I didn't saw that one coming. Heike is love, but very neglected in the fandom (in my short experiencie of fanfiction, at least), so again, that made me love this even moarrr  :heart: So, Pediatrics... I approve!

And second of all, and far more intriging...  Rika. She's a brilliant student in her own speciality and out of the blue she want to change it? Just because she likes working with children? Well, I can believe she likes kid, but I highly doubt that's the real reason for the sudden change of heart. So... *speculating again* maybe something happened?  But what...? She had some kind of surgical accident or problem with a patient? Maybe there is a little sad kid who is close to her in some way? I have no clues, I can't properly elaborate crazy theories like this! :panic: I demand more data about it!

So far, IshiYoshi is being the most misterious to me. Interesting :wub: And there was a lot of random details I loved in general, like how you showed Melon Kinenbi girls - Rika friendship here and there. Those girls are best friends after all and I like to see that fact didn't change here neither <3 Or how you separate each chapter in those little scenes. Or the way you are introducing new characters little by little without sounding forced at all. It's exciting just to wonder who will appear next and to know what is the ocupation of each character XD  Gosh, I love it  :heart: I know I said it countless times now, it but I don't really care. I'm hooked XD

H!P Medical Dramaland SAIKOU <3

Update soon grac! I'll be waaaaaaaaaiting ~  :cow: :cow:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:58 AM »
 :nervous So that's what going on :lol: Here I was wondering the crazy morning antics by the girls :P

Good description of the ongoings of the hospital. You seem familiar with the medical dramas :)

Oh gawd I'm not sure if I ever want to put my life in the hands of these crazy doctors :lol:

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: On Call [Replies- 10Jan]
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
rndm: wait'll you see how crazy.  :lol: what's shocking is, that they're competent.

kuro: there's only one thing more epic than Rika becoming a pediatrician. and you will find out in this chapter.

dark: I enjoy the OGs and 85ers, myself. Not much of that nowadays. We've missed them.

muppet: drama is almost certain. but crack, is always a surety.

oddy: hope you enjoy the ride then. I know I'm having a great time writing it.

bad: well, i did watch the first two seasons of Grey's Anatomy.  :lol: That's all i got- everything else is Google. And I wouldn't mind having my heart handled by cardiothoracic surgeon Maki Goto, if you know what i mean.

ropy: is this the one you spent hours writing?  :lol: I'm touched. And you did leave some fangirling for here.  :thumbsup

Maki thinking about Yossie. NICE. And interesting. Very interesting... *already speculating  just because I love speculating about insignificant details* . Why Yossie doesn't jog anymore? Schedule problems? Or anything else?
Well, doctors are pretty busy, i guess. It doesn't matter- Maki may be finding herself a new running partner soon.
When we finally realize and are aware of where are all the fun is (and will be) taking place,all in a very Nakazawa-ish way.
  :lol: given all the comments i've been receiving, i think you're the only one who noticed the notice.

Really, I loooove Yaguchi. And Sayaka!  Sayaka is being mentioned here as well!   Awww, again you are making me love all this even more and more ~ And I swear I'll find a way to pay you back if you do a short crack about this someday >_>...

what? what was that? speak up, dammit! *adjusts reading glasses and hearing aid*

The 82'ers (which is, by the way, the year I was born- *feel so old*)

Yaguchi took a huge bite out of the pizza slice she was holding, walking casually over to April's door and leaned against it. A smile crossed her face when she heard two distinct snores. 'Saves me the trouble of fixing Chelsea's door as well.'

Taking a small gate latch from the front pocket on her overalls, she whipped out a tube of superglue and started to coat the back of the latch carefully. "Not screwing around with noisy drills." she snorted slightly at the pun but caught herself quickly, looking around to make sure no one heard her. Mixing around with Kaorin did bad things to your brain.

After securing the latch and duct taping it to the foreign resident's door to make sure it sets nicely, the tiny trauma surgeon started on her other doukie's rooms. The hallway kegger party they had earlier was a good idea, she thought as she picked up another slice of pizza, munching on it.

It didn't take too long to install all the locks, which was a good thing since she needed to clean up the remnants of the party and get some sleep before crossing her victory line tomorrow. Alone, she laughed evilly. Stuffing empty pizza boxes and stray liquor bottles into a large garbage bag, she collected the leftover pizza and proceeded to stuff a slice through the crack of everyone's door. "Waste not, want not," she hummed to herself as she shoved an extra slice under Murata's door. With any luck, the short-sighted girl would walk out of her room without noticing them until it was too late.

Yaguchi woke to the sound of swearing and thumping- she jumped up from bed with a start, it was later than she would've wanted. She ran out of her room 10 minutes later, and did a victory run down the hallway when she noticed that all the locks were intact and holding fast. Smiling sunnily at Yuu-chan as she passed her senior in the hospital corridor, she made her way to the break room when she collided with Ichii as the other girl was exiting the room.

"Kuso!" Mari swore, looking up at Sayaka. "How did you get out?"

Ichii grinned smugly and flashed a peace sign at her, "I won. But, congratulations, Chief Resident Yaguchi."

-----

I have no clues, I can't properly elaborate crazy theories like this!  I demand more data about it!

I must stop meeting your demands one of these days...

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:19:11 PM by gracula »

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: On Call [ch 3- 10Jan]
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:58 AM »
Chapter 3: In the Pits

Tsuji was bored, but smart enough not to voice it out.

Now that her best friend and partner-in-crime had completed her residency, Aibon was busy doing consults everywhere, in and out of the emergency ward and would be moving out of the dorms soon, so Tsuji would see her even less than before.

Tsuji herself was still at the mercy of Yaguchi and working towards the tail-end of her trauma surgery rotation, She spent much of her time in the emergency room, or the pit (of hell) as they liked to dub it.

Her eighth patient for the day was another hayfever-triggered asthma attack- Spring was winding down too slowly and the monotony of mild respiratory-related issues were eating at the adrenaline-driven surgeon. Winter was definitely her favorite season- icy roads, broken bones, ruptured spleens- Santa-san really came through last Christmas with that ten-car pileup, Tsuji recalled fondly.

She glanced at the time, which was just barely past noon and sighed. A long, dissatisfied sigh complete with lip curl, pout and frown.

“What’s wrong, Tsuji-san?” Nurse Miyoshi asked her from the station.

“I’m-“ Tsuji refrained from tempting fate, “It’s nothing.”

“If it’s the 5-letter B word, I’ve got a patient that needs looking at in Consult 2.”

“If its respiratory, you can forget it.”

“Well, it’s a slip and fall-”

The resident snatched the clipboard out of Erika’s grasp and fairly skipped into the Consult room, praying for a dislocated bone to set. “What do we have here?” she addressed the room’s occupants with a smile. ‘At least a bad sprain, please, God.’

“My daughter fell during her asthma attack…”

Tsuji held her breath for two seconds, and expelled her breath slowly, mentally completing that long, dissatisfied sigh.

-----

The five senior surgical residents sat in the break room studying intern orientation packets. It listed their future kouhai’s assignments, suggested rotation schedules and the compulsory teaching program.

“It’s going to be tough trying to juggle this and our own final year,” said Aya as she thumbed through the sheaf of papers.

“Oh look, it says if we have something to do that they can’t tag along to, we can place them under the care of another senior resident.”

“Just for the record, Miki,” Maki said preemptively. “You’re not palming off your intern to me.”

“Nande?” Miki mock-whined, flopping dramatically over Aya’s lap. “Aya-chan~, you-“

“No.”

Undeterred, Miki turned puppy dog eyes at Rika and Yossi. “Only with good reason, and we expect reciprocation.” Rika stated her terms. “Oh, actually, I have an assessment tomorrow before lunch.”

“I can take your intern,” Yossi volunteered. “So, after patient rounds?”

“Aw, look at the two of you, the old married couple divvying up household chores and babysitting duty.”

“You can forget that favor, Mikitty,” Yossi warned, glancing at Rika who looked unaffected.

“Okay, okay- fine. Sorry.”

Aya added, “It’s just that we know you better- you hate this stuff. You’ll just abandon these kids to our care at any given chance.”

“That’s not true.” Miki denied heatedly.

“Yeah? I bet you can’t keep your intern with you for one week.” Maki challenged.

“What?!”

“Ooh- yes! I say 3 days. Either Miki bails out or her intern does.”

“Aya-chan!”

“Come on, you guys. Stop picking on Miki-chan.” Rika piped up. “Give her two weeks, at least.” Yossi burst out laughing uproariously at that and high-fived Rika.

“You guys suck.” Miki huffed, crossing her arms.

Rika’s pager went off, “Whoops- that’s Kaotan. Gotta go.” She breezed out the room with a wave and everyone took that as a cue to get back to work. Miki was still sulking on the couch when Aya left her with a pat on the head.

-----

Kaori was studying the surgical board when Rika found her, “What’s up, Kaorin?”

“Ah, Rika-chan. I spoke to Yuu-chan- she wasn’t too keen about your request to transfer, actually.”

Rika frowned, “What did Nakazawa-san say exactly?”

“That the only way you’re leaving the surgical program was if you died of a horrible dismemberment. Simply dying wouldn’t work because she’d just resusticate you. She said, and I quote this verbatim: ‘Godhand Nakazawa has never lost a coding patient.’”

“I see,” Rika said glumly, “That’s that then.”

“Why do you want to switch to a medical specialty? You’re already in your fourth year of surgical training and you’ve got a talent for it.”

“Pediatrics is- I mean, isn’t it infinitely more challenging and rewarding all at once? To be able to treat and cure young lives with so much more ahead of them,” the young resident enthused passionately.

“With the cases we see here, it’s usually more heartbreaking than most.”

“I guess that’s the challenging part.”

“You know,” Kaori mused, “You should’ve said all this to Yuu-chan earlier. She would’ve loved it. I think she thought your reasoning to switch was a little- weak.”

Rika kept quiet at that, internalizing something. “What’s wrong, Rika-chan?” Kaorin asked.

“Just- I’m glad you and Nakazawa-san think I’m doing alright at work. Maybe part of why I need a change is because I may have gotten complacent at what I do- both Aya and I are in the same field, we have a great surgical team, but only so many cases coming through each week.”

“And you think it’s gotten easy.”

“Maybe. And maybe a little bit of it is because- well, I know I’m never going to shine brighter than Aya-chan in this same field. Does it make me a bad person to think this way?” Rika asked hesitantly.

Kaori smiled at her resident, “No, I think it just makes you a good doctor to want to better yourself. We surgeons have to hone ourselves and stay sharp to be on the cutting edge.”

“Did you just- comfort me with a pun?”

The Chief of Surgery playfully swatted Rika with a medical file, “Here- I think this is a solution we’ll all be happy with.” Kaori handed her the file. “Have you considered Pediatric Surgery, specializing in neurosurgery?”

Rika lit up as she studied the patient’s records, “I didn’t even know that was an option here at Asa.”

“Well, there’s me, with Neonatal surgical experience, and the nursing support team has the immediate skill set to handle a child his age in the operating room. We could import some neuro nurses from your existing surgical team as well. How about it, doctor?”

“I’m in!” Rika grinned happily.

“Well, you’ve got a lot of work catching up and preparing for it then. I suggest you start doing most of your research today, because tomorrow’s going to be a busy day for you and your new kouhai.”

“Wakarimashita, Leader!”

---

Did you know: Med Students < Interns (Final Year Med Students/First Year Residents) < Residents (First half of residency) < Senior Residents (Second half of residency) < Attending (Completed residency) < Chief of Departments (Surgery, Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, etc.) < Chief of Staff < Tsunku?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:09:30 PM by gracula »

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
Re: On Call [ch 3 -10Jan]
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 01:09:33 PM »
Lol you made it look like Miki-sama was a slacker physician...XD XD XD

and here i thought there would be some Charmikitty here  :P :P :P

moar :lol:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »
Oh man, I can't wait to see where all this is going. It's like watching a hospital comedy. :lol: I wonder who the kouhais are?

But, man, there's a lot of, I dunno, medical society? in this. Is this stuff common knowledge?

Are...? Are you a doctor? :O

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 09:40:36 PM »
Graaaac ~  :on gay: Thank you :heart:  I'll definitely going to find a way to repay you back for all this spoiling  :nya: But yay, crack GET! ~ :cow: :cow: :cow:

And yes, that was the one I spent so much time in writing XD New running partner for Maki? Interesting... :roll:

The 82'ers

Admit it. The little thing beside the title was revenge for my own tiny writing, wasn't it? *brings microscope* You can't talk about being old until you are older than Nakazawa. You wouldn't want her to feel old, right? At least if you appreciate your life XD

Yaguchi eating pizza while locking everyone in their roms is exactly what I wanted to read  :rofl: :rofl:  I loved all of it, Yaguchi-centered crack is  :heart:

Mixing around with Kaorin did bad things to your brain.

:rofl:  Kaorin's bad puns are contagious? In that case, I hope it spread on all the persons in that hospital, at least for one day XD

she collected the leftover pizza and proceeded to stuff a slice through the crack of everyone's door. "Waste not, want not," she hummed to herself as she shoved an extra slice under Murata's door.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yaguchi's evil side powered up by the pizza (and the alcohol?) is really something. She even has the evil laugh... XD Aw, my little poor Murata...
The whole wake up scene made me crack up again, and the "Smiling sunnily at Yuu-chan" was nice too  XD

Ichii grinned smugly and flashed a peace sign at her, "I won. But, congratulations, Chief Resident Yaguchi."

Sayaka :heart:
For some reason this made me  go Awww :wub: All of them are competing non-stop even for ridiculous reasons, but they can congratulate each other sincerely. Ah, the good, old friendship.  I like, I like  :heart:

And new chapter! Wohoo ~ :cow: :cow: :cow:

Yay, bored Tsuji is always a good premise! Oh... one moment. Aibon moving out where? OH NOES. I WARN YOU. Separating Tsuji/Kago is not allowed. Not even a bit, not allowed at all! No, no, no, if you do it, I'll cry ;_; They have to be together, forever, and be happy and eat sweets everyday, and get drunk once in a while :cry: :cry: I just watched the other day the W wedding reception and entered again in the "W should have been together forever ;_;" phase. I always had a soft spot for those two, though  :cry:... So for now, you are ok, you still didn't do anything very dangerous.... but I'll keep an eye on this matter >_>

Tsuji just gained more points with this part, by the way. Maybe I'm evil, but I find Nono excitement towards accidents with wounded people awesome XD And another nurse appeared ~ Erika! I think I'm going to do a list or something, with what is doing each character XD It's not like I have trouble remembering, but I think I can use that in future speculations :heart:

"What do we have here?” she addressed the room’s occupants with a smile. ‘At least a bad sprain, please, God.’

“My daughter fell during her asthma attack…”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Poor Nono, she was tricked  XD

And again... one of those scenes with too much awesomeness to describe  :wub:  Maki sure was fast to avoid doing favors to Mikitty, and Ayaya too. That sharp  "No"  without giving  Miki the chance to convince her. Maybe she don't dare to look at those puppy eyes? :lol:  And I see ISHIYOSHI! IshiYoshiii ~ <3 Old married couple, yay ~  *dances* But wait.

“You can forget that favor, Mikitty,” Yossi warned, glancing at Rika who looked unaffected.
“Okay, okay- fine. Sorry.”

Here... There is something wrong here. I can sense it. Hmm...  :huhuh Maybe I just took it the wrong way? I'll be keeping an eye on the IshiYoshi too. Just in case I inform you I approve IshiYoshi drama as long there is a happy ending after it. I think  XD  But really. I'm taking this the wrong way, or really there is something wrong there? It's really bothering me. Oh, well. Let's keep going  XD
Team-picking on Mikitty is a hobby I'll always promote. She's so cute when she gets into a huff or sulk, or whatever. Cuteness overload in any case <3. And I say her patience won't last even one day. Unless is someone she enjoy stalking or something like that :lol: Her intern will last longer, though. But no matter what happens I'm sure it's going to be very fun to read. Come on newbies, we are waiting you ~ And Aya pat-pat on sulking Miki is adorablee :heart:

I SPY MOAR DATA IN THE NEXT PART :ph43r: It will come in handy to increase my crazy speculations... *taking notes*

“That the only way you’re leaving the surgical program was if you died of a horrible dismemberment. Simply dying wouldn’t work because she’d just resusticate you. She said, and I quote this verbatim: ‘Godhand Nakazawa has never lost a coding patient.’”

Yup. That's Nakazawa for you. Epic as ever  XD

And this time I buy Rika's argument, seems rasonable enough. But I'll still be hoping for some dark secrets here and there. The time will come when they pop up, and I'll be there, ready to catch them! :w00t: So, in the end, it's pediatric surgery for Rika, uh... I smell drama >_> I wonder if she will take Shibata as a nurse ~
I love how Kaori takes her time to search for a suitable solution for Rika. Isn't she caring, and adorable, and with most the awesome puns in the whole hospital?  :heart:

Next is gonna be newbies time? I hope so :cow: :cow: 

Update soon ~~ <3

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Teppu Surudokunatte