JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: CLC - Eighteen

Author Topic: On Call [Chapter 12- 7July]  (Read 37546 times)

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: On Call [ch 3 -10Jan]
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 11:35:12 AM »
Poor Tsuji, perhpas she should learn to listen to whole sentences?  :lol:

Hmm, seems as though Miki has the reputaion as a bit of a slacker most of the time, or is it just perhaps that she juat doan't like being arouns interns?.....

Seems as though Rika had good reasons for wanting to change speciliasations, but why didn't she tell Yuko why she wanted to change, perhaps Yuko thinks that it has more to do with Aya than any hopes on Rika's part....

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »
And here is my first fast try to start repaying you for your spoiling  :cow:

The door opposite Miki’s room flew open, a bleary-eyed Masae stumbling out into the corridor “Shitfire, Matsuura, it’s fucking 4:00 am! Some of us just got into bed.”

Since I don't know what kind of hairstyles and such they have in here, I just drew whatever came to mind. So yeah, SD-Gif time. Sorry...?  XD

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 04:30:33 PM »
^
WAHAHAHAHAAA! That's so fucking amazing! Thanks so much- you've just totally made my day.  I'm so stoked, i'm gonna print it and stick it up on my corkboard in my study. You're awesome, Ropychan. Draw more- you could totally start a thread.
I'll go make sure Masae has half-pink hair from now on in the fic. She'll be appearing in two or three chapters time.  :P
By the way, you're pretty scary- what with wanting to 'keep an eye' on W and IshiYoshi.  :lol:  uh-oh. I may need to create a Tightrope-version that skims over the bad bits that you don't like.

rndm: a few episodes of medical drama helps. and wikipedia. and if I were a doctor, I wouldn't have had time to write these.  :P

odd, dark: i swear, Mikitty's not a slacker at all.  :lol: in fact, she may be one of the better doctors around the hospital.

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 04:49:03 PM »
I knew watching grey's anatomy and house m.d. would be useful one day?! And this is one of those days.  :lol: a competitive ayaya?! Don't tell me she will be mirroring christina's character?  Hahaha 'cause that would be awesome!! :rofl: Overly competitive and achievement driven.. Spells funfunfun. Also rika's wanting to switch to pediatrics reminds me of miranda.
If this is loosely based on grey's then I am really looking forward to the unfolding dramas. XD I am especially looking forward on an on-call room scene. :lol:

og(s) plus medical setting plus gracula equates awesomeness!! :grin:

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: On Call [ch 4 -15Jan]
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »
hey, mmsuki! at last- so when i go "50cc's of intravenous whatever", I'm sure there'll be at least one person who would nod sagely as they read it.   :P i confess I like my medical drama, but stopped watching after season 2 of GA. Paralleling this idol/doctor life is quite fun.

I am still loving my masae's shitfire GIF.  :heart: ~ropy-tan.

Just cause it's the weekend already and I will be busy most of the next two days, I'll just post up half the chapter I meant to complete, but was not able to polish completely. The interns are here! let the games begin!

----

Chapter 4: Natsu Party

Cheesy disco music filled the community hall. An atrociously designed ‘Wellcome 1st-Years!!’ banner that had seen better days hung limply above the main entrance. Dr. Abe Natsumi, known for her award-winning work in the field of cardiology, her excellent bedside manner and little else in the creative field had been put in charge of planning the party because Nakazawa-san declared that the ‘real doctors (meaning, surgeons) had work to do’.

“Shit. This is like medical omiai.” Yossi said, eyeing the obviously nervous first-years who were clustered by the food table, “Do you think we get to pick?” she asked Maki.

Maki shrugged, sipping at her punch. She regarded the weak drink with a frown, glanced around for the makeshift bar and made her way to the liquor laden table.

“Hey. Which one is Takahashi Ai?” Aya asked, sidling up to Yossi.

“All freshies look the same to me.” Yossi shrugged and Aya strode off to find Miki who was lurking about the punch bowl.

“It won’t kill you to make small talk first next time, Ayaya!” Yossi called after her as Maki was returning to her seat.

“What did Ayaya want?” asked Maki.

“Was looking for Takahashi Ai.”

“Dare?”

“Takahashi’s some supergenius- scored second highest in her class, near-perfect MCAT scores. She was recommended for the fast-track program, like Aya.”

Maki made a face, “You think she’ll go ask Yu-chan for this Takahashi?”

“Probably, knowing Ayaya.”

“I wonder if it’s even worth it sometimes.” Maki exhaled, sprawling out lazily in her chair.

“Being Chief Resident? You tell me.” Yossi said.

After a minute of internal musing, Maki thrust her punch cup into Yossi’s hands and got up to look for Nakazawa, “Damn that Matsuura,” she swore.

Shaking her head at her endlessly competitive friends, Yossi took a sip from Maki’s cup and promptly choked on the punch-laced 100 proof.

-----

<<Osoiyo!!>>

<<I’m coming! My advisor lives way across campus and I needed to get some paperwork signed.>>

Risa sighed, “Ai-chan’s on her way. I texted her.”

“I texted her too,” Sayu said, holding up her pink Hello!Kitty phone.

“Oh, me too!” Reina piped up.

As if on cue, their phones chimed in harmony.

<<I’ll be there in 5 minutes. If I’m not, read this messsage again.>>

“I think she’s pissed off,” Reina declared confidently.

Eri appeared next to them, setting down little plates of finger food. “Where’s Ai-chan? Some senpais were looking for her,” she told her friends. “I think I better text her-“ Kamei started to say as she pulled out her phone.

“No!” three voices interjected as one. Snatching Eri’s phone away from her, Reina snapped it shut and tossed it into a large bowl of salsa. It sank to the bottom of the bowl with a gurgle.

“My phone!”

Everyone turned to stare at Reina and she stared right back, “What?” she asked loudly.

“Tanakacchi, I told you to stay away from the punch. You don’t want to make a bad impression tonight.”

“On the other hand, she might just fit right in with our sempais,” Sayu supplied helpfully, indicating Dr. Yasuda who was pouring more bourbon into a teacup.

Eri fished her phone out out of the bowl and gave it a tentative lick.

-----

“I think I just saw one of the new interns sucking salsa out of her phone’s receiver and then speaking into it.” Nacchi stared at the group of newbies incredulously.

“Excellent, there is hope for the younger generation then.” Yuko replied, sipping at her tea. She was sitting comfortably on a large wing chair, brought in specially for her.

Standing to her right, Aya was solicitously serving her some chicken skewers, while trying to convince the Chief to assign Takahashi to her. Maki was perched on Nakazawa’s lap, both residents immediately put to work when they approached her regarding intern assignments.

“I’m just saying, Yuu-chan, don’t you think it would be an unfair advantage for any one of us to get this Takahashi girl?” Maki pressed. Aya just glared at Maki who was utilizing her own advantageous position to curry favor from the Chief of Staff.

“Yuu-chan, can you please just tell them?” Nacchi said exasperatedly.

“We’re assigning the interns via a random draw.”

“What?” Aya asked, shocked. “Shouldn’t it be based upon compatibility and their best interests? As I have experience in fast-track, shouldn't I be the best person to mentor Takahashi-san?”

"Technically, at this point of your career, you all should be equally as suited to mentor any of these girls assigned to you."

“Hah. Ba~ka.” Maki jeered at Aya. She threw her arms around Yuko and hugged her, “Yuu-chan is fair. Daisuki!”

Nakazawa regarded her squabbling residents with a fond look, “Let’s just try to remember the reason why these interns are being placed in your care. You are their teachers- they are not your meal tickets to Chief Resident.”

Just then, Rika entered the hall with Kaori and Yaguchi. “Good, everyone is here at last,” Nacchi spotted them and sighed in relief. “Let’s start this thing.”

She went onto the small stage and gave the mic a customary tapping until the feedback squeal made everyone wince, “Is this thing on? Haha. Anyway, welcome. Congratulations to the new interns who’ve made it into our prestigious surgical program. We’re sure you’re all excited to know which senior resident you’ve been assigned to for the duration of your internship. As you know, our esteemed institution-”

“Get on with it!” Two voices piped up in harmony from the back of the room. Tsuji passed the wine bottle over to Kago, who took a swig from it.

“Ahem. Alright then- could the 5 senior residents come to the front?” She held out five unmarked envelopes and they each selected one. “The name of your intern will be inside- please find them and get to know each other during the course of this party.”

“Whoohoo! Party party!”

Nacchi made a ‘cut them off’ sign at Yasuda, who promptly confisicated Non and Aibon’s winebottle for herself.

----

Did you know: medical residents/attendings ≠ surgical residents/attendings?

For anyone who wants to keep track (ropy)- here's the roster (of cast appeared so far), according to hierarchy (like everything else in H!P)

<Name- Job Position, Specialty: Sub-specialty (notes)>

DOCTORS
1) Nakazawa- Chief of Staff, General Surgery: Trauma Surgery
2) Heike- Chief, Pediatrics (this is a Medical specialty, so no cutting)
3) Kaorin- Chief of Surgery, Neonatal and Fetal Surgery
4) Nacchi- Attending, Cardiology (no cutting)
5) Kemeko- Chief, Psychiatry (definitely no cutting)
6) Yaguchi- Attending, General Surgery: Trauma Surgery
7) Murata- Attending, General Surgery: Plastics
8 ) Masae- Attending, Anesthesiology (watches the cutting only)
9) Maki- Resident, General Surgery: Cardiothoracic and vascular
10) Rika- Resident, Pediatric Surgery: Neurosurgery
11) Yossi- Resident, General Surgery: (undeclared)
12) Aya- Resident, Neurosurgery
13) Miki- Resident, General Surgery: (undeclared)
14) Tsuji- Resident, General Surgery: (undeclared)
15) Kago- Attending, Internal Medicine (no cut)

INTERNS (or known as first-year residents)
16) Aichan
17) Risa
18) Eri
19) Sayu
20) Reina

Did I miss anyone?

Speaking of missing people, my notebook is full of scribbling and namelists- hoping not to miss anyone I could use. I started writing a Rika part of the story when I went "oh shit, i missed out Biyuuden" and laughed like crazy when I remembered this: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=4201.msg203855#msg203855 . Good times, good times.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:37:57 PM by gracula »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 09:23:58 PM »
I guess the interns are going to join the roller coaster of the hospital, hope they enjoy it :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 03:05:44 AM »
"Eri fished her phone out out of the bowl and gave it a tentative lick."Perfect description of the Eri persona-and in one sentence!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 05:11:36 AM »
As if on cue, their phones chimed in harmony.

“I think she’s pissed off,” Reina declared confidently.
:rofl: :rofl: Poor Ai-chan. And she's already being fought over, don't they know, with great genius comes great insanity.

I actually went "HAHA!" Out loud.

We so needed a great comedy around here again.

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 07:49:11 AM »
nice...the appearance of gorokkies eh? :lol:

I want Ai-chan to be under Miki-sama and saw Maki and Ayaya's reaction.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i think it would be quiet interesting with Miki-sama's outgoing personality and antics, and you know how Ai-chan that is.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
I love how the gorokkies are introduced.

Wait, I see that Ai is the one with the second highest scores. So who's the highest? Konno? :lol:

I can't wait for the hilarity to unfold. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
lurker here too~ (but i will change that :P seriously)

So...

YAY! For awesome story~
At first i surely don't know what to think, but then everything "makes sense"
H!P girl in a hospital, that's some crazy hospital, i'm glad you take ALL the girls, meaning, MAKI~ :heart: i scream of happiness when she appear :P
Maki and Aya fighting over Ai-chan XD

Who wouldn't do that?! ... I would do the same XD

“Get on with it!” Two voices piped up in harmony from the back of the room. Tsuji passed the wine bottle over to Kago, who took a swig from it.
Those two! They're dynamite together :lol:

Nacchi made a ‘cut them off’ sign at Yasuda, who promptly confisicated Non and Aibon’s winebottle for herself.
Hell Yeah! Kei-chan XD

YAY for GoRokkies~

This is sooooo good~ ^^
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 02:48:40 AM »
I'm happy to see you like Masae's Shitfire  :mon inluv:
I had lots of fun myself while doing it. But you know, it was your fic what made me try to draw something. Even now, it keeps me inspired and wanting to do more, and that hasn't happened for a long  long time. So... as long as you let me repay you in that way, I'm going to draw random stuff about your writing :roll: And I'll be waiting to see Masae appear with her half pink hair then ~  :heart:
If you are afraid about me keeping an eye, that means... you are planning evil things, aren´t you? I know that you are tricking us with the crack and the laughs, and then you will throw a drama bomb!  :panic:  I can take the bad bits if you to fix them later. As long you don't break W and/or IshiYoshi forever, you are safe... I think :ph43r:

But now, let's talk about the important stuff. The :cow: UPDATE :cow: . And have a nice weekend while we fangirl about the half-chapter! :heart:

I love those absolutely crackilicious opening pharagraphs of yours. 'Real doctors had to workXD I would have wanted to see Nacchi's face when she was told that  :lol:

Maki shrugged, sipping at her punch. She regarded her drink with a frown, glanced around for the makeshift bar and made her way to the liquor laden table.

:lol: :lol:

Drunkards, all of them! And as I always say, I love it.  What kind of crazy party could it be for them without alcohol?   
I found competitive Maki and Ayaya more and more lovable with each chapter. Aya goes straight for what she wants doing whatever is needed  XD And poor Maki was trying to have fun, but had to track Aya before she reach Nakazawa and do something dangerous :lol: Those two are more interested in the Chief Resident position than the rest, then? But I guess that just the 'I'm not gonna lose to you' feeling is as important (if not more) as the position itself. I hope to see more of this XD

And at last! Newbies appeared :cow: They are hilarous and adorable at the same time :heart:  Hello!Kitty phone is win. And Ai-chan is not even present and she is being awesome already. There were a lot of epic moments here... I guess that kind of things happens when GoRokkies are around  :lol:

It took me a second to understand, and then I cracked up :rofl: Angry Ai-chan is the best  XD So she's a super genius here, uh. I'm curious what exactly are you going to do with her. I mean, knowing her character, to put her in the medical world (full of stress, pressure and all) is going to be an interesting experience. I want to see how she (and Gorokkies... and all characters in fact) reacts when there is an emergency  :heart:

And Eri :rofl: Gosh, how I love this girl. She always is the cause or/and the trigger of hilarity. But she is tied with Reina this time. Reina throwing the phone in the salsa was a solution I didn't see coming. And her 'What' was awesome too, is she drunk already, without knowing it? That means she has no tolerance or that someone has put too much alcohol tin that punch? Either way,  I love them :heart: :rofl:  And the best is Eri don't even need to be drunk to lick the salsa of her phone. Hooray  :lol: That reminded me... Doritos. Totally different situation and different person, but reminded me anyway XD

And next Aya VS Maki, round 3! Now with more Nakazawa being THE BOSS of everything :lol:
Standing to her right, Aya was solicitously serving her some chicken skewers, while trying to convince the Chief to assign Takahashi to her. Maki was perched on Nakazawa’s lap, both residents immediately put to work when they approached her regarding intern assignments.

This image is too much :rofl: Nakazwa :rofl: Where is the slave who fans her? Is the only thing missing in the scene  XD How evil, not letting the girls know that is gonna be a random draw to take advantage of them...  :lol: And wait, everyone isn't there. Ai-chan is still missing... and I have the feeling that by the time she get there, everyone is going to be a little intoxicated

[...]

“Whoohoo! Party party!”

And here, thanks to grac, is the perfect example of how the universe should always work :rofl: Okay, I'm happy about those two again. Until THE DRAMA appears, at least XD And how kind of Kemeko to keep the wine for herself <3 
But what? The chapter ends and we don't know yet how are they matched? Then it's speculation time!  :ph43r:
I say neither Ayaya or Maki will get Ai-chan. Just for the lulz. Maybe Miki then...? With Miki I say is either Ai or Eri. Rika should get Sayu! Yossie... I say Risa. I remember that Alo-Hello! when they got paired. It was hilarous to see how Gaki had to be the responsible one XD Maki should get Reina. And... if I said Ai-chan is not going to be with Aya or Maki that leaves me with... Aya and Eri? Now that I think about it, that would be awesome XD Then, those are my predictions!

Aya - Eri
Maki - Reina
Miki - Ai
Rika - Sayu
Yossie - Risa

Let's see in the next chapter how wrong I was  XD
And thanks a lot for the list  grac :heart: You missed the nurses on purpose in the list?  Anyway, I swear I will make good use of this... :ph43r:

I remembered this: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=4201.msg203855#msg203855 . Good times, good times.
Gosh, I had forgotten about those :rofl: Now I will have to read it again, and it will be your fault  :smhid  :heart:

Waiting for the next update ~ :heart:

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 05:08:03 PM »
Hmm, why does it feel like the interns are going to cause more trouble than being helpful  :lol:

Oh and thanks for the roster thing, it was very helpful!  :twothumbs

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 09:36:07 PM »
Wow a med-fic! This is right up my alley! I'm nowhere near residency yet (give me two years ahha), but this is interesting.

Surgery, huh? Nuerologists have all the fun *gets shot*

But this is interesting and it's well-executed so far aha Med kids are always crazy and competitive, best combination thanks to sleep deprivation + genius ahaha LOVE IT! Keep it up =D and keep those crack mini fics coming too ahahha

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: On Call [ch 5 -18Jan]
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
ah, everybody loves the GoRokkies, huh?  :) Lots of them coming up, I hope. Thanks all, for reading and commenting, familiar names and lurkers alike. They really help to structure the story and give me that little push to keep writing.
Essy: Konno? Probably- :lol:
Ropy, "That reminded me... Doritos. Totally different situation and different person, but reminded me anyway" Shh- inside joke, yeah?
your predictions are pretty good, but at the end of the day, its not so much as who is better suited to whom- it's who will irritate and scare the shit out of whom best.  :lol: that, is crack. Besides, with the intern-sitting/swapping, we will definitely see everyone interact with each other one way or another.

-----

Chapter 5: Everybody's got somebody, except Yossi

“Which one of you is Kamei?”

Eri faced Fujimoto apprehensively, “Hajimemashite, yoroshiku onegaishimasu, Dr. Fujimoto-san.” she bowed stiffly.

“Un.” Miki studied her intern, like she would a bug on a specimen dish. Eri gripped her glass with both hands and sipped at it, squirming under Miki’s gaze.

Rika, who was standing next to them with Niigaki, grinned in amusement, “I can see that your reputation may have preceded you, Dr. Fujimoto. Don’t worry,” she addressed the nervous Kamei, “Any allegations against Dr. Fujimoto are only rumors, as far as we know.”

At the next table, Aya looked pained as Sayu was excitedly asking questions in a very high pitch about the program and the hospital.

Maki smirked at her behind Sayu’s back and turned to face her own intern, who seemed like a nice kid, if not slightly drunk. The resident was uncomfortable in social situations like these, therefore often projecting an aloof air, but Reina hardly noticed as she was so taken by the resident she admired.

They smiled tentatively at each other, “Um, senpai- do you want a drink?”

“God, yes.”

Yossi sauntered over to the punch bowl, “Oh jeez- has everyone been taking turns to spike the punch again?”

Yuko examined the punch which had lightened in opacity considerably during the course of the evening and casually tossed the empty vodka bottle into the box under the table meant for recycling.

“It needed some watering down, I thought.” Nakazawa explained.

“You realize watering down the fruit punch doesn’t mean adding more vodka?”

Popping a can of peaches open, the Chief poured its entire contents into the bowl. “There. I fixed it.”

She handed over a cup to Yossi and they made their way to where the seniors were sitting. Yaguchi turned to the resident and asked, “Yossi, where’s your new kouhai?”

“Takahashi Ai. Her doukies told me she was running late,” she explained.

“That’s not good.” Kaori frowned disapprovingly.

“I’m sure she has a good reason why. It’s okay- the longer I can put off the agony of that,” she jerked her thumb to indicate the awkward atmosphere over where the interns and their respective seniors were socializing.

“You kids are so boring- our meet and greets were never like this back in the day.” The seniors smiled fondly at the nostalgic memories.

“You guys were crazy back in your day,” Yossi intoned flatly.

Tsuji cackled, “Remember when Yossi got drunk during our orientation party?”

“Yeah. You were throwing your phone against the wall repeatedly, yelling ‘this is durable as shit’.” Aibon teased with a snicker.

“Oh my gah, please don’t remind me.”

“That’s how I knew you were going to be the best intern I ever had.” Yaguchi beamed proudly, patting Yossi’s shoulder.

“Remember how she got hold of some KY jelly and-“

Yossi jumped up, “That’s it, I’m going to go out and look for my intern.” Everyone laughed as she beat a hasty retreat.

----

As it turned out, Yossi’s decision to go look for Ai wasn’t the best plan in the world since she had no clue what the girl looked like. Sitting on the steps leading up to the Residence, she glanced around the almost empty quad, some day-shift nurses were making their way back to their quarters in pairs.

She had walked all the way up to the main hospital building and back across the quad aimlessly, hoping to bump into a harried stranger who might’ve turned out to be her intern, but with no luck.

‘Shouganai,’ she shrugged with a sigh. There was only one thing to do in moments like these.

Pulling out her phone, she dialled Rika and the neurosurgeon picked up almost immediately, “Moshi mosh.”

“Hai, Yossi?”

“Sorry, am I interrupting?”

“Hang on.” She heard Rika excusing herself and the background noise was muffled slightly, “No, go ahead. I think my intern just sighed in relief. We ran out of things to talk about 15 minutes into the conversation.”

Yossi frowned in concentration, trying to recall who Rika’s intern was. “Ah. Eyebrows. Is she a good girl?”

“She’s nice. Very eager to please, polite and extremely competent but wears her emotions and reactions all over her face. She’s looking at me nervously because I just glanced at her whilst talking to you.” Rika laughed a little.

“How’re things in there?”

“Crazy, the usual. Where are you?”

“Basically, I’m looking for a missing person whom I’ve never met.”

“Takahashi Ai, was it? Hang on.”

No tsukkomi today, Yossi noted, a little wistfully. She heard a flurry of movement, and heard the unmistakable sound of Yaguchi laughing heartily at something in the background. The usual.

“Yossi, where are you?”

“Just outside.”

“Okay, we’re coming out to help you look. Niigaki-san says that Takahashi is not picking up her calls.”

Yossi stood up and stretched, Rika and her intern came out of the main doors and  down the steps towards her. A worried Risa was quickly introduced to Yossie, and they set out looking for Ai.

“I’ve searched the quad, up ‘til the hospital.” Yossi reported.

“Ai-chan said she was coming from the university campus. I think her advisor lives in the apartments just outside the grounds.”

A quick plan was formed and they decided to steal Aya’s bike so that Risa could ride quickly through the route Ai would’ve taken via the footpaths. Rika and Yossi would search the shortcuts through the brush she might have tried to cut through.

It was kind of awkward- they haven’t really been left alone together since the break-up… short break, Yossi corrected herself internally. Things had been incredibly amiable, they still had a great working relationship in and out of the hospital. Truth be told, they were doing the exact same things they were doing, months before the official ‘break’.

Lesbian Bed Death. Someone should find a cure for it. ‘Maybe I should ask to sub-specialize in finding a cure.’ Yossi mused, “Or prevention, at least.”

“Prevention of what?” Rika asked suddenly, startling her.

“Ah, well.” Yossi grinned sheepishly. “Of saying things you’re thinking out loud. There has to be a specialty for that.”

Rika chuckled, “Not a surgical one, there isn’t.”

“Hey, I heard the great news, Pediatric Neurosurgeon.” Yossi bumped shoulders with Rika. “I can’t believe they gave you exactly what you’re perfect for.”

The neurosurgeon didn’t respond immediately, but was smiling thoughtfully as she considered her words. “You know, if you didn’t push me to go ask Nakazawa-san, I wouldn’t even have thought about it. You always know what’s best for me than I do for myself.”

“Yeah, now you can go think up a specialty that’s perfect for me too.”

They walked in silence, turning their efforts to climb the grassy knoll which inclined steeply before them. A rustling of bushes to their left caught their attention, “Hello?” A small voice called out.

They rushed over, when Yossi spotted a girl sitting propped up against a tree. “Takahashi-san?”

Raising a bloodied hand weakly, her intern replied, “Hai, Takahashi Ai desu.”

-----

“Itai!”

“Gomen!”

Emergency services had dispatched a stretcher within five minutes of their call. Ai had taken a bad tumble down the hill and could not locate her phone to call for help. Her leg was sprained and swollen, and she had minor cuts and bruises all over.

“So, I heard you did really well in your exams, Takahashi-san.” Rika said gently, trying to distract Ai from the pain.

“Ah.” Takahasi shook her head, “Um, it was- ow!”

“Gomen!” Risa cringed again. Yossi decided to take over- the intern wasn’t inept, just extremely gentle to the point of prolonging the discomfort as she tried to gingerly spare her friend the pain.

Yossi deftly cleaned a particularly nasty gash on her shin, removing a thin twig that had embedded itself into the wound. “Maybe we should put a stitch in this,” she said. “Maybe Dr. Niigaki would want to do the honors?”

“No!” Ai said quickly, then looked guiltily at her friend at the outburst, “I mean, sorry Gaki-san, but I think maybe you’d be too-“

“That’s okay. I really am too jumpy now to even hold a needle.”

“Gaki-san sutures beautifully,” Ai rushed to endorse her friend in front of their seniors. “And handles pressure very well.”

Rika smiled and placed a comforting hand on Ai’s shoulder, “It’s okay- we understand. I know unless it were an emergency, I’d definitely be too nervous to treat my friends, too.”

“Well, there was that time you sewed me up last year.”

“That was because you were trying to sew yourself up and getting the stitches crooked.”

“The suture needle slipped, is all.”

“Slippery from the blood that was gushing from your wound.”

Risa’s stomach churned slightly at the banter, and she flinched as the needle pierced through Ai’s skin, turning away from the sight. This was probably why they tell you not to treat friends and family.

“All done.” Yossi murmured as she dressed the neatly closed wound. “It shouldn’t even scar.”

“Maybe you should take medical leave at least until you heal up,” Rika suggested.

Ai tested out her arms and legs, except for the sprained leg, everything else seemed okay. “No, I think I can make it with crutches or something.”

“Well, I can put you in a wheelchair to keep you off the foot- it’ll be a really light day tomorrow anyway,” her senior told her. "I guess you don't want to miss your first day, huh?"

"Thank you, Dr. Yoshizawa."

“Come on, Ai-chan. I’ll help you get back to your room.” The two interns made their way back to their dorm.

In the wake of all that excitement, Yossi debated against going back to the party, but Rika was quite adamant about joining their colleagues. ‘To get blackmail material, if nothing else’, she reasoned. All in all, they had a pretty nice stroll back to the banquet hall. That was the last thing Yossi could recall from that night.

----

Procrastination and ropy-chan, are my two best muses. That is, if she'll forgive me for breaking up her favorite couple. *hides*

Oh well. Did you know: suture needles don't look like sewing needles?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:01:16 PM by gracula »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 11:37:07 PM »
Poor Ai had to get stitched up and Risa almost gave out her insides because of the blood, ouch, what a way to meet an intern
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 03:19:22 AM »
LOL, i knew you would put Kame under Miki-sama.... :lol:

Poor Ai-chan though.... :(

Oh well. Did you know: suture needles don't look like sewing needles?
yeah, its actually look like a hook... :lol: i actually used one before (chromic 2.0) when I sutured the boy's skin (we circumcised him :lol:)

PS: ne author-san...do u work in medical field or something? :roll:

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 10:40:49 AM »
i'm still waiting for season 7 (of G.A.) to end before i watch it.. :D that way i don't have to wait weekly and just watch it in one go.. :nervous
oh! joy!!! two chapters to read.. :grin:

i am stealing this line.. :ph43r: i might use this when i am running late, meeting my friends.. :lol: :twothumbs

is it wrong that i find this really hot?? :wth

I LOVE THE INTERN/RESIDENT PAIRINGS!!!  :inlove: :inlove:  :panic:
ERI-MIKI..  :twothumbs reminds me of Elizabeth Kyamei and Miki Fujimoto corner during H!M..  :D
REINA-MAKI.. O-M-G!! i have been craving for this pairing..  :panic: there is just not enough fanfic out there for this pair (that i know of)..

bring on the complicated relationships and the endless drama!! :welcome  :ding:

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »
Ahh, so many good pairings, Miki bullying Eri, Reina and Maki butting heads, Ayu trying to deal with Sayu and the wierd Rika/Risa and Yossie/Ai cross pairing of awkward love between the seniors and interns respectivly, well, that's how I see it anyway  :lol:

Funnily enough I do know that Suture needles are different to Sewing needles, I have an ability to find to end up going to the hospital foor stiches, the most recent of these being Saturday last week!  :doh:

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
:mon closeup:WAGHH  :mon closeup:

I don't know exactly how I feel, after reading that. I have been way to excited since yesterday, when I read it, and still I don't have figured out my contradictory feelings. Good contradictory feelings, if you want to know. This chapter was full of ... of everything  :bow: skdnjfskdf I loved it but but...   :panic: *is too excited and traumatized to properly explain*

Well, better start from the beginning and little by little. First... this was a long update. I usually take a look at how long is an update before reading (no spoilers, only look at the lenght), just to not find myself finished before I realize when I'm actually reading. But that usually happens anyway, when it's something I like I will always find it short no matter how long it is  :lol: Anyway, what I'm trying to say with all this babble is that I love your long chapters. So yay for long :cow: update!  :cow:

About my predictions, you're right. I should have thought more crack-like  :lol: But either way is fine. I love when I make wrong predictions and speculations. I love when I make right ones too, of course. But I have fun either way  :heart: Looking at how they were paired together at now, I'm more than happy. And I really, really really really wanted to have Eri/Miki (and Maki/Reina, in fact), and here they are  XD Aya/Sayu is even more awesome that my idea of Aya/Eri. Sayu is going to annoy the hell out of her :lol:  And IshiYoshi taking care of TakaGaki is perfect :heart: I didn't thought of that possibility before but now I love it. And of course, knowing everyone is going to interact with everyone soon or later makes all even better.

“Un.” Miki studied her intern, like she would a bug on a specimen dish. Eri gripped her glass with both hands and sipped at it, squirming under Miki’s gaze.

This is exactly why I was so eager to those two to be paired together. I can already see the wonderful and hilarous future they will bring us in later chapters. They have  a lot of potential together :rofl:  I love frightened Eririn by the rumors about Miki. You have to let us now sometime a few of them, because I know there are lots and lots of them  XD
Sayu already annoying Aya is adorable. I can't wait to see the little bunny in full medical action while being supervised by her tutor. I have the feeling is going to be a really worhty reading  :roll:

I'm starting to think that Maki is the one who drink the most here, aside of Nakazawa, of course  (everyone knows, nobody can drink more than her  XD). But I don't blame her, too much craziness going around. I adored the whole alcohol part once again, I just can't get enough of it  :rofl: Like I thought everyone seemed to help to turn a harmless punch in the most dangerous alcoholic drink for miles around. Nice :heart:

Tsuji cackled, “Remember when Yossi got drunk during our orientation party?”

“Yeah. You were throwing your phone against the wall repeatedly, yelling ‘this is durable as shit’.” Aibon teased with a snicker.

:rofl: :rofl:
Oh my god, this was epic win. Winner sentence of the chapter. This is going directly to my "crack-I-want-to-draw" list. I can even imagine the drunk voice of Yossie while saying that. Hilarous  :rofl: . And poor phone, it was really 'durable shit' if it didn't break that day. :lol:. Anecdotes from the senpais are really the best.

And here, in this very next part, grac's evilness begin. Because I was suspicious, but you made me think that was my over paranoid imagination. And then, just when I was calm again, you threw the bomb... and killed me  :bleed eyes: Since that conversation with Mikitty, some chapters earlier, I thought something was wrong in IshiYoshi paradise. But since they were getting along fine and they were being so nice to each other and stuff I got overconfident. It was right here in this part, with Yossie searching for Ai, and phoning Rika when I finally said to myself 'Everything is ok, you are just paranoid...'.  I ignored the signal of  "No tsukkomi today, Yossi noted, a little wistfully". I should have now better, that was another hidden clue that pointed towards bad news. But I was happy. And then. AND THEN. :bleed eyes:
It was kind of awkward- they haven’t really been left alone together since the break-up… short break, Yossi corrected herself internally. Things had been incredibly amiable, they still had a great working relationship in and out of the hospital. Truth be told, they were doing the exact same things they were doing, months before the official ‘break’.

:on blackhole: :on blackhole: :on blackhole:
YOU. EVIL. PERSON. :on speedy:

Oh my god, right from the start you broke them.  You broke them!  When Yossie corrected herself I felt how she is just trying to convince herself. And I'm trying to believe it, really, but....  :cry: You know, I'm a very understanding person. There are still a lot of chapters to fix that. Because you are going to fix it, right? Because you don't want to leave me all traumatized, right? RIGHT?  :shifty:
I'll confess, putting my IshiYoshi shipper side aside,  it was awesome. I didn't see that coming, and I enjoyed being tricked to believe everything was okay and then find everything was NOT OKAY at all. So you are forgiven, for now, just because the whole thing was amazing. But I will deny this declaration if you ask again :ph43r:
IshiYoshi interaction was sweet. Very sweet :heart: I melted with that "You always know what’s best for me than I do for myself.". Of course she knows, Rika, she is you soulmate dammit  :cry: They are adorable, together or not, they still seems like a married couple <3
The fact they decided to steal Aya's bike and Yossie calling Risa Eyebrows were another two amazing bonus points in this part. Mame-chaan ~ <3 And Ai-chan appearance... I can't explain how much I loved it.  I could hear her lovely "Hai, Takahashi Ai desu." when I read it. She is adorable, even when she is bleeding  :heart:

And the last part was full of Aawwwwwww  :wub:. I spied TakaGaki, I spied IshiYoshi, I spied all of them being sweet and fluffy and caring with each other. Love is in the airr ~  :heart:  Risa being incapable while Ai-chan is trying to convince her senpais Risa is awesome with sutures was soo sweet  <3

Well, there was that time you sewed me up last year.”

“That was because you were trying to sew yourself up and getting the stitches crooked.”

“The suture needle slipped, is all.”

“Slippery from the blood that was gushing from your wound.”

This suture anecdote was so gore and sweet too <3 I love love love love all their interactions. You can  feel how much they care about each other even if you BROKE them <__< , no matter what are they talking about. And it was the same for TakaGaki too. That made me happy. I always say the same thing, but all your dialogues feels so natural, they are so nice to read  :heart: 
Does Risa have a problem with the sight of too much blood or it was only because they where treating Ai while joking about sutures? She was quite uncomfortable with the whole anecdote. We'll see that later I guess. And isn't Yossie a wonderful tutor? So capable and caring. I'm happy she is with Ai. And maybe she can warn her about the dangers of Lesbian Bed Death whenTakaGaki time comes >_>. But poor Ai, what a bad way to start  there. She's gonna be in wheelchair for her first day, then? I can picture Risa worrying too much about her because this little incident  XD And are we going to have everyone first day in the next chapter or maybe something else? Aw, whatever it is I wanna read, I wanna read it soon ~

Update soon :heart: I'm already looking forward to it!

Oh, and by the way, those little information bonus you give at the end of each chapter...  XD I like them a lot.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: CLC - Eighteen