JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bestie - Pitapat

Author Topic: (Artist) Aikawa Nanase  (Read 13319 times)

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »
相川七瀬 Aikawa Nanase
http://www.nanase.jp ::: http://www.avexnet.or.jp/nanase/

:: Profile:
Birthdate: 1975.02.16
Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Bloodtype: AB
Marital status: married (on 2001.02.16)
Children: son (born on 2001.09.06)
http://wiki.nihilistgiraffe.net/index.php/Aikawa_Nanase

:: Latest Release:
2006.02.15 EVERYBODY GOES (R.U.O.K?! cut single; limited edition w/DVD; Madan Senki Ryukendo theme song)

:: Random Stuff:
Nanase in Grand Canyon:

:: Latest message in English:
Quote from: Aikawa Nanase
2006/11/15 How is everyone doing?
How is everyone doing?
Thank you for a lot of celebrating messages!
Time flies, and it's already my 12th year!
Before I even notice, 10 years has past!
But I have a lot of beautiful memories from those time.
And it sure is very important for me.
Recently, I'm busy preparing for the live concert in December, and
recording of Madona's song which starts soon.

I always do the live concert in December at the church, and only sing ballades.
So, there's a lot of ballade songs in my head now.
I'd love to sing at an oversea church someday!

Until the next!

Love,
Nanase
Discuss! IMHO, 7 seven is the best album evar :D Her ballads are not that bad either, and she's supposedly recording a new album now. Also, she'll participate in Pop Meets Jazz vol.4 event on 2007.02.25
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:19:42 AM by aedon »

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:17:09 PM »
First heard of her six years ago. I was a big fan back then. She was the shit during the late 90's. She's been slowing down lately but still rockin'.

"7 Seven" is indeed a great album. I also like "Purana" because it has more varieties and is more of a fun album. Her last album wasn't too bad either. Good stuff.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »
Nanase was one of the first japanese artists I really got into. I play ruok a lot too, it rocks!

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 05:25:49 PM »
Ah... Nanase, one of my all-time favorites. I remember when I started listening to her. It was more of a joke than anything, I thought there was no way she could be good, but I was blown away. That was a few years ago and I still love her to this day.
I have to agree with the other posters, her best album is probably "7 Seven" with "Foxtrot" and "Purana" tied for second.
Plus, she's one of those rare women who becomes more beautiful with age.
I also love it when big musicians record and tour with her. Gives her some authenticity in the rock world.
I was so stoked when I read that Marty Friedman (Megadeth), Pata (X), and Shinya (LUNA SEA) would be working with her. God, I would have loved to see that lineup live. Hey, there's still hope..

Baba Booey

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 07:19:44 PM »
^ Keep your hopes up, since Nanase seems to be touring steadily every year despite the lack of releases. And she's really interested in touring overseas or so it looks like, she's been in Singapore and Korea already (iirc), that's Asia, I know, but USA and Europe could be her future aims :D

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 02:17:52 AM »
Here are some random Nanase files for you guys. I'll upload more if anybody wants em. Everyone else feel free to put up some stuff.

"trust me" from 7.7.7. live at Shibuya AX DVD

http://www.twitter.com/?d=08OCIVZ1

"OH MY LITTLE GIRL" from "7 seven" bonus DVD

http://www.twitter.com/?d=XI0W4EVK

Baba Booey

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 11:22:38 AM »
Would it be too bold to ask you to use any uploader other than megaupload? They filter a lot of countries out, including mine, and they find out about all the tricks to surpass it D: If it's too troublesome, well, I just wanted the "trust me" live, as I have the "7 seven" bonus dvd (which is seriously lacking "Ai no Uta" pv >_<).

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 05:15:47 PM »
Quote from: aedon;242498
Would it be too bold to ask you to use any uploader other than megaupload? They filter a lot of countries out, including mine, and they find out about all the tricks to surpass it D: If it's too troublesome, well, I just wanted the "trust me" live, as I have the "7 seven" bonus dvd (which is seriously lacking "Ai no Uta" pv >_<).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nw0jpl :)

Baba Booey

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 07:46:59 PM »
^ Thanks a lot, Brad :D I was actually thinking about buying that 7.7.7. concert, until they've decided to release it in stupid dvd+2cd format :/

btw, there's a torrent of Nanase's tv appearances, mostly 2006 (it's multi-tracker, so I'm linking the one you don't have to register for).

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »
Hah, already downloading the torrent.
The 777 DVD is pretty good. My only gripe was that it didn't contain any stuff from RUOK?!
I can rip some more vids from it if you want. Just name the song. I'm not so good at ripping whole DVDs (the audio always seems to go off sync once in a while), so it'll just be songs for now.

Baba Booey

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 02:50:59 AM »
She is cool... although I only have the ID:2 album (it's a greatest hits collection I think). A couple of songs on it - "Heat of the night" and "Crying" - are among my favourite jpop/jrock songs.

I haven't heard her recent CDs... maybe I should check them out! Her latest CDs have a more mellow style, right?

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 04:18:04 AM »
Her stuff over the last few years has been a mix of slower ballad type songs, or straightforward rock. For the slow stuff try out "The First Quarter" and for rock pick up "R.U.O.K?!" . They were both released last year. She hasn't been very active, release wise, this year. All we've gotten are a single from "RUOK?!" that included an English version of the song and a live DVD/CD.
Although, reading the blog in aedon's first post, it would seem that she is recording some new stuff. I'm interested to see which Madonna song she chose to cover. Hopefully it's an early 80s song and not a new one.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 04:54:06 AM by BradVickers »

Baba Booey

Offline blp

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 04:43:25 AM »
Thanks for your recommendations BradVickers! I'm going to Akihabara today so I'll try to find some of the CDs you mentioned. Actually I like both her ballads and the rock songs so either of those CDs should suit me fine.

Reagarding the Madonna thing, alot of girls here in Japan think Madonna is very cool... she is quite a respected artist (as opposed to western countries where she has many critics)... also many Japanese men think she's attractive also despite her age.

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 02:55:10 PM »
Nanase has released 2 ballad mini-albums, "The Last Quarter" in 2001 (I believe she was at the last quarter of her pregnancy while recording it, hence the title), and "The First Quarter" in 2005. It's not exactly my type of music, but somehow they're both not bad. There is also a FC only dvd with one of those ballad concerts she mentioned in her blog entry, but I guess there's no way to obtain it :/

I didn't like "RUOK" all that much, since I had _really_ high expectations, "RED WHEEL" and "Snowfall" are maybe the only songs I liked a lot... "7 seven" is still the best for me, not only as Nanase album's best album, but one of the best cds in my collection lol

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 03:13:57 PM »
I enjoyed "The Last Quarter". I has some really lovely mellow songs. Didn't cared about "The First Quarter" though. I was a little boring.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 06:15:50 AM »
Damn, Almost 2 months since the last post...
I just realized what Madonna song Nanase was talking about recording in her blog. It's "Live to Tell". It's featured on the Rock Fujiyama Band album. You can hear a sample of it here: http://pc.music.jp/product/detailalbum.aspx?pid=2007-00000068 Engrish at it's finest! it doesn't come out till the 30th. I really don't feel like buying the CD, so hopefully someone rips it. Heh, I'm tired of paying $50 for 1 song.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 06:17:38 AM by BradVickers »

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 08:24:43 AM »
oo cool something new. Looks like it's pretty much an english cover album, but the trak list looks interesting. I'd love to hear the whole thing. Hopefully someone will rip it.

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 09:35:27 AM »
Oho, Madonna cover :d So, since we're talking about Rock Fujiyama, anyone ever came across the 11/13 episode she was on?

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pm5txa

I would suggest watching it on VLC and using the blend deinterlace. Other than that it plays fine.

Also, there's a fanshot video of her in Fort Canning (Singapore?) over at http://dhost.info/nanaseaikawa/nanase/index.php?topic=173.0
Enjoy :)

Baba Booey

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Aikawa Nanase
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 09:00:46 PM »
^ I think that's 05/08 episode, Brad, if it is, then I have it, and it's great, so download it, everybody! :D

I hope Nanase will release something new soon :|

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bestie - Pitapat