JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Fragile

Author Topic: (Group) D-Unit (디유닛)  (Read 56760 times)

Offline tyshyayu

• ecchi
Re: (Group) D-Unit (디유닛)
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 02:49:32 AM »
I like the 2ne1 sort of vibe I get from them. I am excited to see more work from them.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:45 AM »
bad ass CL ZIN :P

I'm guessing, based off what they did with Missing You, when the beat actually drops and the real song comes out, it'll sound like this only COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. XD
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 04:53:23 AM »

!!

Wow...initial impression is that I like it very much :lol:

Seems they did keep pretty much the same sound as the teaser, and I'm really liking that beat...also..."aaaaaooooOOOWWWWWWWW!" :P
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »

http://me2day.net/dbusinessent/2012/11/04/p5k5v7c-kzcgm

Ram in a wig... look anything like her sis? :P

--

D-Unit has fast become one of my fave k-pop groups, and I really like this new song as well.

However, it's kind of a special love I have for them, since I really don't care much for their pseudo-punk-badass visual style or turn of the 90's inspired goofy hip hop dance moves... I dig the girls, it's just the style that's kind of... weird? Because it doesn't even seem to fit the music most of the time, especially with this last release.

But the music, I really dig it. Their debut album is probably my fave album of the year so far. They've somehow fused that early 90's stuff I grew up listening to with a more modern vibe. I know this is common with k-pop but they're doing it well. Pretty nice singing, great hooks, somewhat unorthodox songs at times... it all works for me. Yeah, this is the rare k-pop group that works better for me in pure audio form.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 10:07:44 PM »
Wooram looking so much like Boram is incredibly amusing to me XD. The way she acts in the videos and stuff is so left field from the kinda stuff Boram does with T-ara that it just entertains the hell out of me :lol:

And I actually dig the over the top "bad-ass" style they have going, and I especially dig the admittedly goofy dance moves. Something about the cheesiness of the spiked bats and fake tattoo sleeves is kinda endearing to me, lmao.

I will completely agree that the music is what's really making me like them more and more, though. The first album was damn good and so far this single is holding up pretty well for me. I just hope they find legit success and eventually develop an identity that's more their own, specifically with regard to the whole bad-ass punk thing :P

Also, I really hope they don't remove any of these 3  XD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »

Here's some of those moves for ya. Dance version of the Luv Me MV. :P

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 03:40:48 AM »

at 2:05 they touch on the strange member swap thing...seems it's still supposedly what they're going to do. Can't possibly be a good idea though, can it? THEY BETTER NOT SWAP OUT UJIN! XD

Offline kschmalz

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
D-Unit is definitely one of the better kpop groups out there right now.  I'm impressed with the management behind their debut - this is where most rookie groups fail.  I just hope they can nail down a particular style and stick with it.  So far so good.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »

D-Unit are briefly featured (~22:40-) in this pretty interesting Vice documentary about Korean fashion, beauty ideals, plastic surgery and whatnot.

But one thing that's maybe more relevant to us is that they show D-Unit as a five-member group, without Ujin around. And there are three new faces... now what did Zin say again in the vid Dio posted above?

A-ha! I'd imagine one of these three unnamed cuties will be featured next, then:

Those are good responsibilities, indeed. Looks and dancing (well, what little of it we see) considered, this girl is my fave out of the three.

This one babbled on about how plastic surgery is a-ok! Cheer up, you're not that bad, gurl.

This one didn't say much, but she's pretty.

--

Now, if I'd have my way, they'd just keep adding members instead of replacing them... I mean there's six of them all trained-up, why not just feature them all?

If they really want to replace something, I can think of some style-related things... :P

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 02:42:33 AM »
...!

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/d-unit-to-welcome-a-new-member-by-the-end-of-december

Quote from: allkpop
D-Unit will be welcoming a new group at the end of December.

D-Unit’s label said, “D-Unit will be keeping their 3-member system only for their current “Luv Me” promotions. They will be welcoming a new member at the end of December. D-Unit is a type of group where members will increase and decrease. Right now, it seems like it will be the last time for them as a trio. A new member will enter at the end of December, and we will show you D-Unit’s unique concept.”

According to the label, there are plans to include 1 or 2 new members into the group to make the trio into a quartet or a quintet. The group will be promoting “Luv Me” until mid-December.

Are you happy about the new group changes?

Looks like we get to keep the original 3, if not just for now. Pretty sure the new girl will be one of the 3 you just posted about, Stryfe :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 02:47:27 AM »
Hahhah, looks like I got my wish. :lol:

Yay for Ujin staying. And yeah, let's see which one of the three trainees will join first.  :cow:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 03:59:41 PM »

Arirang TV seems to have aired a bunch of D-Unit segments in Pops In Seoul, and they've provided 480p versions on their YouTube channel. Subtitled, of course.

Rest of the parts:

Dem maknaes. Check out my minus stash for more D-Unit gifs (mostly Zin).

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »

Figured since "Luv Me" promotions ended, December is drawing to a close soon and there might be new member(s) joining in the very near future... that it's time for me to start showing some love for my fave rookie group. I haven't watched all the docs yet, so I'll be sure to learn more in time, and post some more stuff. There's a whole bunch of pic (and some video) backlog to go through. Anyway:

It's probably fairly obvious who my favorite member is. Yep yep, Zin, the maknae. I'm still learning to know these girls, and there's little material, but she pretty much won me over with her great smile, hah. Love her self-camera runs as well... her quest to lose weight (that 51kg fatso), her family time, the big laugh, the subtle antics. She seems to play the piano and guitar as well, which is nice.

With some Daww-worthy kiddy pics included. In one of those Pops in Seoul segments, her lil' sis said Zin's "charm point" or whatever is her "unique small eyes" (she actually said that in English, lol). I'd rank 'em right after her smile, gotta agree that much.

Rambo's little sister, Ram, baws of the posse. Apparently she's responsible for choreographing some of the dance moves, as well.

I dig Ujin too, though not a big fan of her recent stylings, which drew comparisons to Lee Joon the Muscle Idiot (a male). Still, I was kind of drawn to her before I fell for Zin, and there's some sort of goofy charm in there. And her Tekken moves were hilarious...

And some more of dem group pics. Oh and btw, all the pics are mostly from their (or rather, D-Business Ent) me2day and twitter.

The girls on Koiseyo (Jp. "fall in love with me" thx Amp) Seoul Map, a Japanese program, getting their feet wet. Also other kinds of feet tortures, short segment though.

[19:26:07] <maliciel> it's a play off korean words
[19:26:14] <maliciel> like annyeong haseyo
[19:27:47] <maliciel> koiseyo seoul map probably means something like 'a map to fall in love with seoul'
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:21:55 PM by Stryfe »

Offline SpyderMunky

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 01:24:55 AM »

LOL Ram's Face, she's so adorable!!  :mon bleed2:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »

D-Unit's been hangin' around in Japan during xmas, and there were people with cameras in there! Woah.

Man, some of those red jacket Zin shots are my new fave pics of her. :heart:

More of the same. Commence picspam from Japan!

Whew. That's a bunch.

With EXID, Ujin hiding somewhere....

D-Business Ent. has a uploaded bunch of xmasy and other videos with D-Unit hangin' with EXID and Big Star etc, just check em out on their channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DBusinessENT/videos

Xmass party woo hoo! The ending of the Bugs show with some group singing and throwing candy(?) into the audience.

Few more fancams, quality is what it is haha. Acoustic version of Anniversary (기념일) sounds nice though.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 09:55:19 PM »
This BoraQoo person is now one of my favorite people XD

bauss Ram swapping out frames and shades like nobody's business

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Quote from: D-Business
2013-01-03 New Single!!
Now they just need to tell us who's actually in the group :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »

Such cryptic posts from D-ent. "2013 Unique Official Emblem".

Yeah, reeeally interested what this single will be. It's a collab with [noembed][/noembed], at least, so this could be just additional or "bonus" material instead of a whole new promotional tour de force. But man, less than a week to go, with no promos except these covers and logos. Since they were hinting about maybe adding a member or two, that's what I've been expecting to get some info on. "New member by the end of december!" C'mon now, D-biz, spill the beans. :P

Tummy. :3

This BoraQoo person is now one of my favorite people XD
Werd, lots of big hq pics, D-Unit, T-ara, good times. :thumbup

And yay indeed, BQ posted more of my fave Zin set!  :twothumbs

And two thumbs up from Zin too, watching a dance cover group perform Missing You. From T-ara Night.

So gangsta. xD
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:10:21 PM by Stryfe »

Offline soshilover2012

• ecchi
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
D-Unit has instantly became one of my favorite K-Pop artists because they have a very unique personality.  And all three girls are so amazing, especially my pretty crush, Wooram

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2013, 06:28:07 PM »

D-Unit snatching the top prize at MBC's All The Kpop World class Awesome Rookie Awards. :P

With papa Ram. He had a dinner show, so he invited the kids to perform.

Some more of that me2day pic backlog.

D-Unit is watching you.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:45:51 PM by Stryfe »

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Fragile