JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Detroit7 - Owari Wa Hajimari

Author Topic: Ruka's 48G New Gen/Random pairs collection - The Cruel Ritual of the Rose  (Read 30579 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
This one was a change of pace but cute :wub:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: Ruka's AKB/48G New Gen pairings OS/2S - Spirits After School (UhaRion) 170813
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 09:33:12 PM »
Decided to write this on a whim: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/994047/12/

Enjoy it~ :D
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: Ruka's AKB/48G New Gen pairings OS/2S - Tofu Pro Wrestling OS
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 04:20:27 AM »
The story is very good, Ruka!
Can I request for YuriaNao pairing? I like their dynamics too in that drama.

Sure! :D

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Just sharing an OPV for "Mad Hatter" made by Chizu Takeda, which is absolutely awesome!

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: Ruka's AKB/48G New Gen pairings OS/2S - Mad Hatter OPV
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02:02 PM »
This isn't really a new gen pair. Just a rare-pair I wanted to write about on a whim. Enjoy!

---

Forget-me-not and the firefly - YukiNee

During the summer of my senior year, a transfer student came...

I can’t remember when she arrived. But I was aware of her presence.

She was beautiful and mysterious, like a wildflower.

The strumming sound of an acoustic guitar could be heard among the cries of cicadas in the summer heat. A young girl was humming a tune to herself while writing down some notes in a small notebook she had.

It was a cycle, back and forth, she would strum the same few chords, stop to write something down, and back to strumming. She experimented with the different chords, with her voice, with the tuning of the instrument. In her own little bubble where no one could break her concentration.

Meanwhile, not too far from her, a girl stood under the comforting shade of a tree that stood just a few feet away from where the other girl sat. She watched her from afar, the transfer student whose name she didn’t know. A girl with a fierce gaze and wild beauty…

“Marigold…” she muttered. Yes, this transfer student’s radiance reminded her of a marigold. Vibrant and loud, event without saying a word.

“Hey. It’s rude to stalk people like that, y’know?”

Her voice broke Yuki away from her thoughts. She hid behind the tree as the nameless girl turned her head.

“I know you’re there! Just come out already!”

After a few seconds, she peered her head out. She tucked back her short brown hair, stepping out from behind the tree with a shy, guilty expression.

“Do you like it?”

“Eh?” Yuki blinked at the girl’s question.

“My guitar playing. Did you like it?”

Shyly, Yuki just nodded.

The girl grinned, a soft chuckle escaping her lips.

“Hey, why don’t ya come and sit? Here,” she patted an empty spot on the grassy ground, an open invitation for her to sit beside her.

Yuki stepped out into the blazing sunlight, shielding her eyes as she walked over and sat beside the girl with the guitar.

“Um… can I ask your name?” she asked as the girl went onto flipping through the pages of her notebook.

Without looking up, she responded, “Why?”

“‘Why’..? Does there have to be a reason?”

“We’ve never talked before. I figured you weren’t that interested in knowing about me.”

“That’s not exactly the case…” Yuki looked down, “I just haven’t had the chance to… The truth is, I really want to get to know you better.”

“Is that so…” she said while putting down her notebook. “I wonder why people are always so curious…”

“Huh?”

“Nothing. Nevermind,” she smiled again, a more grimace smile.

“So, what’s your name?”

“It’s Sayaka. Yamamoto Sayaka… If I were you, I wouldn’t try too hard to remember me.”

“What? Why?” Yuki raised a brow.

“Don’t mind it now,” she simply answered before she began her strumming again.

-------------------------

“Eh? Who’s Yamamoto Sayaka?”

“The new transfer student.”

“Oh, her. Why are you hanging out with her? She seems more like a loner.”

“Why not? I want to be friends with her. Plus, she’s a good singer.”

“Eh? Singer?”

“She’s always playing her guitar and singing. I’ve been watching her.”

“Yuki… are you a stalker?”

“Oi! No I’m not!”

“Yamamoto-san,” Yuki walked over to where Sayaka was sitting in the gym. Their classes were playing volleyball against each other for P.E., so it was a rare chance they got to interact.

“Kashiwagi… right?”

“You can just call me ‘Yuki’. Here,” she handed her a water bottle before sitting down.

“Why are you sitting here?”

“Why not? I’m just resting.”

“Don’t you want to sit with your friends?”

“You’re my friend, aren’t you?” Yuki tilted her head. The girl just sighed out, wiping her neck with a towel. “Aren’t we..?”

“You shouldn’t be so involved with me,” she said coldly.

“Why?”

“Because you already have friends. You don’t need to hang around me.”

Yuki pouted at the girl’s stubbornness. She decided to fight fire with fire; if Sayaka was going to give her the cold shoulder, then she’ll do the same.

She puffed an angry sigh and turned her face away from Sayaka. “How mean…” she muttered.

They just sat there, neither saying anything. Sayaka glanced over, seeing the other girl trying her hardest to give her the silent treatment.

Suddenly, she just started laughing, confusing Yuki. Wasn’t she just trying to push her away? Was she not annoyed with her?

“What’s with you?!” Sayaka said as she laughed. “You really are an odd one!”

“Huh? Odd?! What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“Hehe, you! Kashiwagi! You’re so weird, I like it!”

“H-huh?! I’m not--” Yuki’s face flushed red, a mixture of confusion, embarrassment, and anger.

“I get it now,” Sayaka smiled widely, looking up at Yuki. “You were trying to get my attention just now! Weren’t you?”

“So? That’s no reason for you to laugh at--”

“Hey, Kashiwagi,” she interrupted her, standing up from her seat. “Will you help me with something?”

“What..?”

“Songwriting.”

----------------------

Ever since then, Yuki would meet up with Sayaka in her free time to help her write a song. She got to hear her guitar strumming and lovely singing voice all day. For one and a half weeks, she was blessed with hearing her perfect singing…

….

“If only I could stop time, the summer that I spent with you is ending soon…”

“Sayaka-chan, it’s beautiful!”

“Really?! I just made it up!”

“Look! A firefly!”

“Wait up! Yuki!”

“Kashiwagi,” Sayaka poked the girl’s cheek, waking her up from her nap. Apparently she was so soothed by her singing and the summer heat, she dozed off.

“S-sorry!” she quickly apologized.

Sayaka chuckled. “Did you sleep well?”

“Well… yeah.”

“Good. Now, tell me what you think of these lyrics,” she slid the notebook to Yuki from across the table. Yuki read out the lyrics she had written down.

“Shining brightly and disappearing, fallen in love, I am a firefly…” she smiled reading them. “I like it.”

“I think a summer themed love song would be perfect for the upcoming festival.”

“I can’t wait~” Yuki couldn’t help but feel her heart flutter. “Shaved ice and fireworks… All sorts of different snacks and fishing for goldfish… I wonder if we can do it all in one night?”

“Huh? We?”

Yuki saw Sayaka furrow her brow.

“Yes, we. You and me. Aren’t we going together?”

“Oh…” Sayaka frowned. “I don’t think… I want to go.”

“Eh? Why not?!”

“There’s no one else I’m really friends with besides you… So why bother going? I’ll have no one else to talk to.”

“But you can make friends at the festival! Don’t you want that?”

“Sure I do. But--”

“But what?!” Yuki stood up from her seat. “What’s stopping you?! Why do you always do this?!”

“Yuki?”

“You always push everyone away and keep to yourself, but you want to make friends, don’t you?! So why won’t you? Are you afraid of something?! Or do you just not like me?!”

“It’s not that at all, Yuki!”

“Then what?! Just tell me the truth!”

“Because it won’t matter once I--!” Sayaka covered her mouth before she could finish.

“Once you what?”

Angrily, Sayaka got up and stormed out of the room, not saying anything. In the silence, Yuki hugged her knees and started to cry.

“Why..? Why does she always act like this?”

-----------------------

“Don’t go… please.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I won’t forget! I swear I’ll keep our promise!”

“Really… I’m sorry…”

“I absolutely won’t forget! No matter what! I won’t forget! I won’t...”

“I won’t forget… I won’t forget..!”

“Yuki, honey~” Yuki’s mom came into her daughter’s room, nudging her slightly. “Come now, wake up. Just because it’s summer break doesn’t mean you can sleep through the whole day.”

Yuki groaned, her eyes wincing at the bright sunlight.

“Ah, that’s right… Tonight’s the festival,” she then thought, bringing a lonely feeling as she remembered her fight with Sayaka. “Why was she so against it..?”

“Oh, honey, what’s the matter?” her mother then asked.

“Huh?”

“You’re crying.”

Yuki touched her face, seeing her cheek was damp with tears. Indeed, why was she crying? Was it a dream she had?

….

By the time the festival started, Yuki was able to meet up with some of her classmates and spent most of her time with them. She did her best to forget about her fight with Sayaka. Even though she wanted to have a fun time at the festival, she still felt lonely.

As her friends were chatting, she took a sparkler in her hand and lit it up. Kneeling down at the ground, she watched the sparks fly while thinking about Sayaka’s song.

She hummed it to herself, thinking back to when she first met Sayaka and…

“...Huh?” she suddenly blinked several times. “When I first met Sayaka..?”

She tried to think. She tried to remember. But no matter how hard she tried, she somehow couldn’t remember how she first met the girl.

“N-no… I have to remember… what she said to me…”

She hummed the song again, trying to jog her memory. She tried to remember how the two spent time together in…

“Eh..? What were we doing then?” she rubbed her temple, her head pounding. “We were… writing that song… That song… The lyrics..!”

The sparkler started to fade, the glowing ember falling onto the dirt. Yuki tried to think of the lyrics, but the words themselves seemed to blur and fade from her mind like dying embers of a flame.

“No, no, no! Why can’t I remember?” she held her head, fighting back the burning sensation of tears in her eyes. “Why..? Why..?!”

“Yuki?” One of her classmates called to her. “What’s the matter?”

“..Sayaka…”

“Huh?”

“I need to find Sayaka..!” she screamed as she stood up.

She saw her friend look at her with a confused expression.

“Yuki… Who’s Sayaka?”

….

“Yuki, if something ever happens and you feel lost, go to the forest where the fireflies gather. I’ll be there.”

Yuki ran as fast as she could. Holding her sandals in her hands, she ran and ran, the bottoms of her feet covered in dirt and grass.

“Who was it..? Someone said to me… I should go here.”

She remembered a distant dream from her childhood. Of a girl she played with among the green fireflies.

“That girl… she and I… we were…”

“Do you really promise you won’t forget?”

“Yes… I made a promise to her! Why did I forget her?!”

As she went in deeper, she could hear a song being sung. Yes, that song she was trying to remember. A song that was so familiar but so unfamiliar, too. A song she felt like she heard it many times but was also hearing it for the first time ever.

“This song… she always sang it!”

She finally reached it. The darkest part of the forest, where fireflies glowed in bright green and lit up the trees and grass around them. Standing there was Sayaka, holding a small flower.

“Why…?” Yuki finally said as she caught her breath. “Why can’t I remember… when we first met?”

Sayaka didn’t say anything. She looked at Yuki with a lonely gaze.

“I can’t remember the conversation we had during P.E.… I can’t remember the lyrics to the song you wrote… I can’t remember our fight..! Why am I forgetting all these things?!”

“Because summer is ending soon…”

“Sayaka!” Yuki held her shoulder, tears welling in her eyes again. “Why… Why am I forgetting you?”

Sayaka made a grimace smile.

“Don’t cry, please. It’ll only make it harder.”

“What? Make what harder?” Yuki lowered her hands. “None of my classmates remember you… No one from school recognized your name when I asked them if they knew where you were?! Why did everyone--”

“Yuki,” Sayaka held the girl’s hands. She could feel a warmth resonating from her palms that seemed to calm her panic. “I can’t stay…”

“Eh..?”

“I can’t stay in this place. I don’t belong here,” she spoke in a melancholy tone. “I never was meant to.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m not from this world.”

Yuki stood puzzled, her eyes squinted slightly trying to wrap her head around what the girl in front of her was saying.

“I don’t exist in this place. I’m from a place that mirrors this one, a reflection of this world. A parallel world, is what you may call it.”

“A parallel world.”

“It’s very similar to this world. But in that world, you were no longer with me. In that world, we used to play and have fun. But then, one day, you left that world and I couldn’t be with you anymore.”

“Left…? So I--”

“Yeah…” Sayaka frowned, lowering her head. “I missed you so much. So I wished one day that I could go to a world where you weren’t gone. And my wish came true…”

Sayaka’s grip tightened. The small flower in her and Yuki’s hands was threatened of being crushed if Sayaka didn’t let go. She turned her gaze away.

“But, in this world, you and I aren’t friends. In fact, I never existed to begin with. So my time in this world is limited to just one summer every few years. And when that summer ends…”

“Everyone forgets you,” Yuki answered, a pain welling in her heart. “That’s what happens, right?”

“If you want to know the truth,” Sayaka continued. “This isn’t the first time we met in this world. It’s actually the second time. We first met when you were a kid, and you came from Kagoshima to spend summer in Tokyo and met me.”

Yuki’s heart skipped. She remembered that summer well, of how she spent time with her parents. But she couldn’t remember meeting Sayaka.

It was a blur, even though everything else about it was clear.

“You promised me that if you ever came to Tokyo again, you would find me and we’d play again. You promised you wouldn’t forget about me, even though I said it was impossible.”

Yuki began to cry as Sayaka hugged her.

“I’m sorry… Really, I’m sorry,” she whispered, stroking her hair. “I wish I could stay longer. I wish I could stay here with you. But I can’t exist here.”

“D-don’t go… please…”

“I have to. As much as it hurts, my time here is up. I have to go back to that place. And then, once I’m gone, no trace of me will be left. You won’t remember--”

“No!” Yuki shouted, hugging Sayaka back strongly. “I won’t forget!”

Sayaka’s eyes widened. The green fireflies’ light embracing them.

“I absolutely won’t forget! I swear I won’t! So the next time you come back, I’ll remember who you are! I’ll make sure of it!”

Tears fell down her face, a bitter laugh escaping her.

“Idiot… You said that last time.”

“I promise… I won’t forget this time. I won’t forget.”

I won’t forget.

I won’t forget.

I won’t…

….

“Yuki! There you are!” Yuki’s classmates approached her as she walked towards them. “Where’d you run off to?!”

“Sorry…” Yuki smiled slightly. “I’m not really sure why I ran off either.”

“C’mon, the fireworks are starting!”

Yuki followed her friends to the top of the temple, until she became aware she was holding something in her hand.

She unfolded her fingers and saw a small flower. A forget-me-not.

“Why do I have this..?” she thought as she placed it in her pocket.

As she was walking, she began to hum the melody of a song.

“Huh? Yuki, what are you singing?”

“Hm… I don’t know. I guess i just made it up.”

….

I don’t know why or how, or even when

But, I began to sing a song

About a “firefly” who fell in love

I believe that this song was for someone important

So I’ll keep singing, until I remember.

Offline four4four

• Member+
This was so sad but so good at the same time. :cry:
How exactly did Yuki disappear from the other world? What kind of tragic end did she meet?
It's very heartwarming to see that Sayanee gets the chance to see Yuki again. Even though she doesn't remember her.
Hopefully, the next time they meet, Yuki will be able to remember Sayanee. :wub:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
So I did a thing last night. XD

This is gonna be a special 2-part YuuNaa one shot. But there's a twist... Nana is a yandere in this.

So~ yeah! Enjoy! lol

xxxx

Part 1 - Eden's Apple *Naachan's POV*

xxxx

Things dear to you…

People dear to you…

You must protect them…

No matter what…

February 4th. Today is cold, and the weather report calls for flurries of snow in Tokyo. Today is another peaceful day. Me and my beloved Yuu-chan are wrapped in a blanket together watching TV.

Ahh~ today, too. I have her precious smile all to myself!

“Nee~ what are you grinning at?” she pokes my cheeks and chuckles.

“Sorry! It’s just so warm…”

“Ahh, still, I want a kotatsu,” she pouts. How cute! I would absolutely buy us a kotatsu. If she asks me, I’ll buy 10 kotatsu!

“I’ll make some hot milk.”

“Thanks, Naa-chan~”

Today’s breakfast was hot milk. Dinner will be curry rice. Today is a lazy, warm, peaceful day with Yuu-chan.

….

February 14th. Today is Valentine’s day! That special day where girls make chocolate for the ones they love. Of course, I got up early to make chocolate for my lovely Yuu-chan!

I try not to make too much noise while she’s still asleep in the other room… Ahh! I wanna see her! I want to hurry and see her adorable sleeping face!

As soon as the chocolate was done, I tiptoed straight to her room.

“Yuu-chan~” I called out in a whisper, tapping her shoulder. “Good. Mor-ning.”

She stirred awake, her hair was slightly messy. But she’s still so cute!

Her sleepy eyes immediately lit up when she saw the chocolate! She started eating without any restraint. Even with chocolate getting on her face, she’s so cute~

Today was a sweet, happy day.

….

March 13th. Spring is just around the corner. Soon me and my adorable Yuu-chan will be able to see the cherry blossoms together! I can’t wait for that…

“Nee, nee, Naa-chan!” she calls to me across the room. “Look!”

“What?” I see her folding paper. Is she making origami?

“Tada~” she shows me a crane that she made. It’s so cute! And so well done!

“Wow, it’s really good! I wanna try too!”

“Here, I’ll show you then!”

Today Yuu-chan taught me origami. Today was a fun, carefree day.

….

March 30th…

“I’m going to the convenience store! What do you want?”

“Pudding, please!” I answer to her as she heads out the door.

“I’ll be right back!”

She’ll be right back… She’ll be right back… So why can’t I calm down? It’s only been 15 minutes. 15 minutes since I’ve not heard her voice…

I try to reason with my thoughts.

“There must be a long line at the convenience store…”

“Maybe she can’t find what she’s looking for…”

“She must have gotten lost since it’s so dark out…”

She’ll come back… She has to come back… My heart is racing…

Unable to swallow my fears, I reach for my phone and text her.

“Yuiri?”

Again… again… I must’ve sent 5 texts already..!

Where is she?!

I ran out of the apartment and found her in an alleyway. There was a man whose face I can’t see trying to assault her…

Get away… Get away from her!

Snap.

I can’t clearly remember what happened next. But when I came back to my senses, the man was collapsed on the ground, with a knife in his abdomen… My blood on his hands…

“Don’t touch her…” I remember saying over and over.

“Naa-chan…”

Yuiri… Yuu-chan’s crying. I immediately hugged her, comforted her. I kept telling her everything was going to be okay.

Those things that are dear to you…

They must be protected…

Or other people will try to hurt them…

So I must protect her…

Even if I must kill…

….

April 8th. Today is another peaceful day. With my beloved Yuu-chan, always by my side.

She never leaves my side. We must always go places together. With a red string tied around our fingers to keep us connected. Even now, I never leave the house without a knife.

Today we saw the cherry blossoms together! Yuu-chan was so lovely and cute in her yukata! She won me a water yoyo, too.

“Yuu-chan…”

I kiss her as the fireworks begin to go off. Her flustered face was so cute, I might die! Even when she got mad at me, I couldn’t help but find her so cute!

I love her! I love her so much! I love her…

I love her… more than anyone else.

I love her… so much… it makes me crazy…

No one else can have her… no one can touch her… No one must hurt her…

Yuu-chan is mine.

Today, too, mine and Yuu-chan’s happy, peaceful, lovey-dovey days will continue. Forever.

xxxx

A partial inspiration for this was the manga "Happy Sugar Life", a yuri manga Naachan herself has read and the main character of is a yandere. I also remember Nana saying during her interview for Koi Kojo that she wants to try portraying a character who has a dark side.

The idea for this came about when I was talking with @MayukiIsLife about writing a Keya fic with a yandere premise, but I jumped the gun and did YuuNaa anyways. lol

Yuiri's POV part will be out tomorrow! Be sure to leave a comment! Feedback is much appreciated!

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Here's Part 2 with Yuiri POV!

xxxx

Part 2 - Candy Apple *Yuiri's POV*

xxxx

My girlfriend, Naa-chan, is a bit more protective than anyone else. She always worries about my wellbeing and takes care of me. We do a lot of things together, since she’s always afraid of leaving me alone.

Even so, I would never ask for a different girlfriend. I love Naa-chan!

….

Morning, 8:03. I wake up before Naa-chan. I smile as her ugly yet adorable sleeping face is so close to mine. I try to stifle my laughter as I hear her snore a bit. Looks like today will be another peaceful day…

Ding dong.

“Hm?” Who could that be?

I got up, not disturbing Naa-chan’s sleep, and went to the door.

(House rule #6: Always look through the peephole before answering the door!)

I peered out and saw a single police officer standing out the door. What could’ve happened? I opened it up and looked up at him.

“Yes, sir?”

“Is this the Okada residence?”

“Yes. I’m Okada Nana’s roommate and girlfriend, Yuiri,” I introduced myself, bowing to him. “Um, is something wrong, officer?”

“No. I just wanted to come and let you know, there was recently a break-in around this area. We’re taking care of the situation now, but be careful.”

“Thank you.”

After he left, I shut the door. When I turned around, Nana was standing there. I jumped a bit, gasping.

“Mou~ you scared me, Naa-chan!”

“Who was that?” That look in her eyes. That scary look when she becomes worried. I always hated seeing her get like that.

“The police came. He said there was a break-in and he wants us to be careful.”

After a pause, she sighed a deep breath and smiled. “Oh, that’s all?”

“Don’t worry. If it were someone suspicious looking, I wouldn’t have opened the door,” I hugged her to reassure her.

Naa-chan was always the type to overthink. She needs someone to calm her down when she gets hysterical.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry.”

After a few seconds, I felt her arms wrap around me.

“Let’s stay in and be lazy today,” I say to her.

“Yeah… Let’s do that!”

Naa-chan’s smile warms my heart. Alright! Today will be another worry-free, lazy Sunday!

-----------------------

Evening, 10:03. I fell asleep while watching TV. Naa-chan is fast asleep, her head resting on the table. I smiled and poked her cheek playfully.

I heard a loud bang on the door. The sound woke Naa-chan up in a daze.

“Yuu-chan..?”

Another bang at the door came. And another.

“Someone’s trying to break in…” I whisper. Naa-chan’s eyes grew dark.

“Go hide in the closet,” she said sharply. “I’ll deal with them.”

Nodding quietly, I ran to the closet and hid inside. I kept my breathing as quiet as possible, not moving an inch. I couldn’t come out until Naa-chan told me…

Naa-chan is a murderer. She’s killed people who have tried to hurt me or damage our peaceful life. Because she loves me… Because she wants to protect our peaceful, happy days.

It scares me. I’m always afraid the day may come when Naa-chan will be arrested…

Even so…

I still love her.

Even if she’s a murderer. I still love Naa-chan. Because that fact doesn’t change her as the Naa-chan I know.

The Naa-chan who always smiles at me.

The same Naa-chan who kissed me during the fireworks.

The very same Naa-chan who saved me when I was almost assaulted.

I won’t stop loving Naa-chan even if she’s a criminal.

Bang!

I hear the door crash open. I hear Naa-chan scream as she struggles with the burglar. And I can hear his screams in pain… along with what I can only interpret as a knife stabbing him.

After a while, it stops… And I only hear Naa-chan’s breathing.

I slowly opened the closet and peered out. I saw her on her knees with blood staining her pajamas. Her eyes were empty… The eyes of a killer.

“Naa-chan…” I knelt down and hugged her without a second thought to the blood on the floor or the blood on her.

Clink! She drops the knife, her arms limp at her side.

“It’s okay now, Naa-chan… We’re alright…”

However, soon after, the police arrived outside the door. Confused about the situation. They saw Naa-chan covered in blood, and the dead robber, and immediately connected the dots.

“Okada-san, we’re going to have to take you into custody,” he spoke calmly.

Naa-chan was silent, her expression blank as the cuffs went on her wrists.

Our peaceful days… were over.

-----------------------

Noon. Today I’m at the hospital, visiting Naa-chan. After the incident with the apartment break-in, our usual everyday life became a bit unusual for a while.

I couldn’t see Naa-chan as often as I could for a while, but soon after things were cleared up, I’m able to come and see her daily again. Always with flowers and homemade lunch. It’s starting to feel like it used to again.

Naa-chan was a murderer. But she killed in order to protect me.

She was arrested and put on trial. I defended her.

Naa-chan had to do some time for the murders she committed.

We could no longer live together. And she has to stay in this hospital for some time.

Even so…

Even so, it won’t change my feelings.

I’ll still come to see Naa-chan.

I’ll still come and spend time with her everyday.

And I’ll still love her. Because she’s my only girlfriend.

xxxx

Partial note: Another minor inspiration I had for this is a game called "Yandere-chan", an RPG where you can fall in love with a yandere. As you'd imagine, it can get pretty crazy, but there is a possibility to get a good ending, so I took inspiration from one of the game's endings.

Hope you all enjoyed this crazy short 2-parter! XD

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
So after watching a certain *older* anime, I wanted to write this. This is heavily inspired by that anime, and it's one I HIGHLY recommend because it's an experience that's different for everyone.

Oh yeah, also, this one-shot is a gender-bender! XD

Enjoy~

+++++

The Cruel Ritual of the Rose

Matsui Julio x Okada Nanao

+++++

“You have been chosen.”

Was I meant to take these words as a blessing? Or a curse?

“This is an invitation from the Council of Roses. If you so wish, go to the rose garden and face your opponent who bears the same Mark of the Rose as you. If you win, you will be one step closer to the Rose Princess.”

The Rose Princess… a mysterious, revered young maiden who no one has seen and no one knows about. She might not even be real. Or she is merely a face among the crowd who hid her identity for so long. Perhaps she is my closest friend, and has lied to me my whole life.

What kind of sick game is the Council trying to force me into? Is this some sort of test of my resolve as a knight of the Mark of the Rose? To see if I am worthy to bear my title? And they treat this maiden I’ve never known, a princess I’ve only ever heard of in fairytales and rumors, as a prize?

It’s cruel… This game. This ritual of the rose.

It’s cruel.

….

“Prince Julio, knight of the White Rose, I have come to challenge you for the hand of the Rose Princess!” My opponent spoke firmly to me, dressed in regal garb of the Blue Kingdom.

Okada Nanao, a knight of the Blue Rose crest. He and I were close friends when we were younger, but as we grew older and matured into knights, there’s been a distance between us.

Now we were rivals, enemies, who were forced to face one another for a common goal. The Rose Princess.

It’s too cruel… Indeed, too cruel. Who is it that made this game for me to fight against one of my closest friends?

I unsheathe my sword, facing him.

“Sakura,” I call to the young maiden behind me, dressed in a regal white dress on my kingdom. “The roses, please.”

“Yes, Julio-onii-sama.”

She walks to me, holding two roses in her hand. One white and one red. The red one goes to me, creating a bright shock of scarlet against my pristine, white uniform.

Sakura then goes to Nanao, placing the white rose in his breast pocket. The petals seemed to shine brighter than the purest snow against the deep blue of his clothes.

“The goal is to strike the rose on your opponent’s bosom. The victor will be able to meet the Rose Princess,” Sakura explained the guidelines we’ve heard tens of times.

“Your little sister has bloomed quite beautifully, Julio,” Nanao said as Sakura moved away from us, as to oversee our duel. “I’m a bit jealous. I wish I had a cute little sister.”

“I see you’ve matured a lot, as well,” I smiled.

“I’m not the weak little boy I used to be. I’m a noble knight for the Blue Rose,” he raised his sword. “I wield this sword with pride. For glory to the Rose Princess.”

I raised my own sword, “Glory to her.”

After that, our swords began to clash in a dance of two silver blades. The melodious sound of our swords clashing against one another echoed among the blooming roses surrounding us. Wrapping us in the scent of roses.

….

“Master Julio, congratulations on completing the Rose Trials.”

I still before the Council of Roses. Hooded figures that were colored with the different kingdoms colors. We stood in the church of St. Versailles, the stained glass painting of the first Rose King standing over us.

Watching… observing… judging us…

“Now that your trials have been completed, you are granted the right to approach the Rose Princess and you also have permission to engage yourself to her.”

Engagement. The word which some may see as fulfillment of desire, of power.

They say if you become engaged to the Rose Princess, you will have everything. The Rose Princess will do anything you say. She is the key to ruling the seven kingdoms.

Is that really what I want…?

My father wants me to be a ruler.

The kingdom expects me to become a king.

Sakura is admired by all, and believed to become the next Rose Princess.

A soldier, a protector, a knight… A valiant prince. Who everyone holds high expectations to become the next Rose King.

Do I want that? Do I truly…?

“Go now, Master Julio, to the top of the Versailles Tower, and meet the Princess.”

….

The Rose Princess was a symbol of absolution.

Those who are engaged to her will receive all their greatest desires.

Riches, fame, victory in all battles…

And most of all, her undying loyalty and love.

“Why?” I utter as I stare at the person in front of me, clad in a dress colored red like roses. My eyes were wide, unmoving from their figure and gaze. “Why is it you…?”

The Rose Princess… How can this be?

Truly… this is too cruel

“Surprised, right? I’m sorry, Julio… I wanted to tell you, but I knew no one could know.”

“But why? Why are you here, in that dress? Tell me…” I felt a lump form in my throat. I swallowed before invoking the person’s name.

Nanao.

The boy gave me a sad smile, holding my cheek.

“The truth is, Julio… The Rose Princess doesn’t exist.”

“Eh..?”

“She was a figmentation made by the Council of Roses. The true Rose Princess has been dead for 10 years. My father told me this before I started my trials because he believed I would be the Rose King.”

“Then, why are you dressed like that..?” I ask once again, utterly confused. “Why do you wear the Rose Princess’ dress?”

After that, Nanao’s smile lit up. “It’s simple… I want to be the Rose Princess.”

“But, you’re a boy.”

“That shouldn’t matter! I was never meant to be a knight or a king. I always knew, deep in my heart, I was born to be a princess.” He twirled in the gown of roses. “Don’t you think this suits me far better, Julio?”

I felt my lips curve in a smile. “You do look beautiful…”

“This is how the Council passes off the illusion. They use me as the Rose Princess so no one grows suspicious.”

Then, I frown. How cruel they are… In order to uphold this illusion, they have my friend pretend to be someone who is no longer living.

“Nanao… are you really happy like this?”

“Eh?”

“Even if you do those things for the Council, you aren’t truly the Rose Princess. You are just playing pretend; a scapegoat. You should be allowed to freely express who you are.”

“But, that’s not what the Rose Princess does,” Nanao looks at me, saddened. “The Rose Princess must obey the will of the one they are engaged to. And the will of the Council is--”

“That shouldn’t matter,” I spoke firmly, grabbing his shoulders.

“Julio..?”

“Not me nor the Council or anyone should decide what you want for you. You must make that decision yourself. If you truly want to be the Rose Princess, then you should be so and act the same way you always have. You should have your own wishes and desires.”

“I…” I saw a glimmer in his eyes, his copper irises reflecting the light from the stained glass window.

“These trials are chains that bind us down; the laws of the Council control our lives and our freedom. That is not the way. We should both be free.”

“Free…”

“Free to become what we are. Free to make our own decisions.”

“I want that…” Nanao smiled. “I want to be free!”

“Then, let’s leave this place. Let’s go somewhere that the Council cannot interfere with our freedom. To a place we’re free.”

….

“Where is the Rose Princess?!”

“Find them!”

“They are traitors! Rebels!”

“How dare they go against the Law of Versailles!”

“The Saint of Roses shall punish them!”

“Find the traitors and punish them!!!”

Rescue the Princess!

Kill the traitor knight!

“Glory to Versailles!!!”

….

“Sakura, I’m sorry. By the time you read this, I will no longer be in the White Rose Kingdom. Don’t come for me. I will be somewhere far, far away.

However, I want to leave you with this final request. You must become the Rose Princess and revolutionize the seven kingdoms. Liberate all the people from the laws of Versailles.

And never forget, your opinion matters. Be free to speak your mind.

You will always be my beloved, adorable little sister.

-Julio”

….

“We’ve become outlaws…”

“Yes,” I smirked.

“This may cause a war.”

I shook my head as we rode across the barren horizon of Nowhere.

“I trust Sakura will change everything…”

Nanao embraced my waist. “At least we’ll be free. We’ll both be somewhere the conflict cannot reach…”

The outside walls of the garden know nothing of the truth. It is a bird cage covered by a veil of glamour. They may search every kingdom but never find us.

Because we have gone beyond the wall of Versailles. We are somewhere they cannot reach.

We are free from the trials. We are free from the council. We are free from the trials.

We are free of it all. To choose our destiny. And…

“Julio… thank you for freeing me,” Nanao smiled as we leaned in for a kiss.

We are free to love.

+++++

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Detroit7 - Owari Wa Hajimari