JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - D.T.S

Author Topic: Game: Lost In Tokyo (ep 1-4, ep5 postponed/canceled)  (Read 9787 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Game: Lost In Tokyo (ep 1-4, ep5 postponed/canceled)
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:53:25 AM »
12 Dutch (6 man 6 woman) without any knowlegde of the Japanese language (and culture it seems) have to 'survive' several rounds of doing things 'the Japanese' way.
Each time 1 is voted off by 100 random Japanese people.

Its a kind of group against group but also individuals which are voted off.
They 'live' in a 50 square meter housing (although they first start in a 5 star hotel suite when it starts :) )
The winner gets to stay in the hotel room for some time.

Link to site: http://www.rtl.nl/reality/lostintokyo/home/ (thanks reyfer)

So if you see camera man running around Tokyo, its not just MM, there are some dutch playing a 'reality' game also :)

I do have a picture of the host:

First episode: Arrival and first 'dive' into Japanese culture
- 6 woman get to go work in a Maid Cafe :rofl:
- 5 men are going to work in a gril dress-up shop for man.

Remember: they do not know any Japanese.
(Luckely there is a voice over for us dutch)

The girls just sit there watching the Maids, and remember these are 'liberated' dutch woman from 20 and older.
They are asked to work: so put on the uniform and serve drinks (maybe even do a foot masage)
The first 3 see the costumes, do not want to put them on, and go back the other three 'forcing' them to dress up for the group.
They put on the maid dress, but not the socks (they keep there trousers on) talk about doing something badly...
Girls this is not about sex, this is Japan!

The men first think they have to dress-up also, but somehow start to work (cleaning and stuff) and are doing not to badly actually although some of them are ready to quit ('we are man!' :D)

The girls being the worst (and one of the man not doing his first assignment in time) are requested to put on a Cosplay thing and stand on that famous bridge in Tokyo, then 100 passers by vote for they favorite, the one with the least votes has to leave.

I could write a lot more, but not enough time... any other following this?
(first ep actually did not have much new info for me, I could have helped along nicely actually :) )

Next episode: they meet 'Hard Gay'  :shakeit:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 04:29:06 PM by frblckstr1 »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Game: Lost In Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 06:01:09 AM »
Oh THAT is gonna be a good episode. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:02:29 AM »
If you want to catch the show: http://www.rtl.nl/reality/lostintokyo/home/

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:38:10 AM »
needs haado gei ep nao

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »
All the male contestants simultaneously quit the game, not being able to endure any of haado high-speed-hip-trusting!

:lol:

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 04:19:36 PM »
Just finished watching the show and.... some of these contestant are REALLY jerks!!! I mean, I understand you're taken to a foreign country with a very different culture from yours, but at least TRY to experience things, specially since you're in a GAME SHOW!!! :banghead: Of course their total cluelessness (is that a word?) only makes the rest of us laugh a lot more  :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:19:49 PM by reyfer »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 04:30:50 PM »
some of these contestant are REALLY jerks!!!
You can say that again!

It almost is like, hey you have to entertain me, because you brought me here... ???

Anyway after the first advert block I switch to 'what can I see that I haven't seen yet' mode, because they are doing it so badly, you get enough time to check out the rest (and the voice over has the time to explain it)

W'll see what the next episode does, otherwise this will end up in the 'fast skip forward watching' queue.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 05:06:56 PM »
Frblckstr1 you speak dutch, what's the problem with the guy complaining about having to take the shoes off? Is he really that retarded as to not respect a tradition of the country he is visiting?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:12:15 AM by reyfer »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 11:27:57 PM »
wow the host is very pretty

Next episode: they meet 'Hard Gay'

I'm defiantly going to see that one.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 01:24:19 AM »
The sound design amused me.  Pizzicato Five starting it off was good, but Fujii Takashi's Oh My Juliet when the guys first got to the uniform shop really cracked me up.

Need subs of the Dutch parts or more Japanese in the show so I can understand it -_-;

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 05:43:31 AM »
Frblckstr1 you speak dutch, what's the problem with the guy complaining about having to take the shoes off? Is he really that retarded as to not respect a tradition of the country he is visiting?
Would have to check the recording (will do later today) but at that time I think I tought he said something about smelly feet.

Dutch do not do other peoples traditions, unless they fit with what they want at that moment.
This group really looks like they want to show that to Japan (like the voice over mentioned: In Japan 'if a nail sticks out, it will be hammered in')

I actually wouldn't mind if in holland we had the same tradition of changing into soft shoes when entering a private area, would bring down the noise polution walking up/down stairs :)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 04:38:17 PM »
what's the problem with the guy complaining about having to take the shoes off?
Ok rewatched and it was just a 'f*ck forgot' followed by him taking the shoes of.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 05:39:04 AM »
Ep2:

- lesson for today for the groups: its all about the show
- lesson for the other two: how to receive a tea ceremony

1st group: meeting the 'The Hard Gay Man' this went OK, although the fact the that shorts didn't fit (so they could keep there own) might have helped, at least this group tried.
They did have to go outdoors to the middle of a square and show-off.

2nd group: meeting 'Tokyo Schock Boys', this group had two that for sure didn't want to play (two women) eventough I do not think what they had to do was that extreme compared to what they showed as previews.

Tea ceremony: the woman lost because she rose from her sitting position (which she had already problems with during the training) the guy understood it was largly about respect ('that you are allowed to receive it'? might want to research that myself).

Group2 and the loser of the tea ceremony had to do the batsu game: eat/do/receive something strange and make a good show of it.
Result: one of the women had to leave. She didn't want to do the very spicey 'tong glide', seems it might even give problems for sayu if the comments are correct :) but she also did not 'bow' several times when greating etc. so it almost looks like she tried to get out quick.

Offline kingthaking81

• konkon's bonbons
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 12:13:40 PM »
ah, with the announcement of the show got me bit excited , but after watching the first 2 episodes it wasnt that interesting. The contestants are so typically dutch, trying to show respect but still doing what suits them best.
good thing that women left, because she didn't enjoy the whole concept of the show at all
and wtf would u want to spend a whole day in the luxurious hotel? ( the prize u get in the duels)
next week preview looks funny  XDesp when that woman throws up!!!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »
I'm Dutch and I'm so ashamed of those contestants.. Some of those girls are the most arrogant biatches I've ever seen.

If anyone of you want some particular passage translated, I can help too :)

Btw, Frblckstr1 are you Dutch too? You speak Dutch? I never realised it haha.

wtf would u want to spend a whole day in the luxurious hotel? ( the prize u get in the duels)

Well.. it beats sleeping on the floor with 6 other people in a small room haha.

typically dutch, trying to show respect but still doing what suits them best

:(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:19:34 PM by BarrieV »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 05:43:35 AM »
ep3:

The two voted to do the special have to go for 'extreme food' (they are not allowed to vote three times for the same person now :) )
- they have to find-out about eating Fucu (sp?) (the very poisoness fish)
- they have to do a food battle (eat 1.5kg rice curry) the next day

There wandering around Tokyo reminds me of something... the only thing this is more at night :)
They man sleeps in one of the box-hotels (:rofl: not something a big guy form holland should do)
They get a demo of someone doing the eating deed in about 5 minutes.
They have 15 minutes, the woman wins, but just after the time is up she has the throw-up about half she ate.
We see some more interaction of Japanese during this then previously.

Group 1 goes to a woman inventor (made a lot of mony with inventing some small 'half size/length' slippers for inhouse use) They have to 'invent' something (sorry but demonstrating something (badly) you sell it not inventing to me)
The other group has to sell gadgets, this group one doing the worst (two of the man start to just make fun because they have no idea how to 'talk' to the japanese)

Loosing group has to be judged: make some 'useless' gadget that looks usefull at first.
(they get a demo first, they have a name didn't register with me) They have to buy some things for less then 2000 Yen make the gadget and then demonstrate it on the street.
Winner is one with a small mirror attached to his hat.
The loser of this lost by just one vote...

Lesson learned: you need a phrase book to get around in Japan, otherwise it will be a very frustrating experience.

Some of those girls are the most arrogant biatches I've ever seen.
You can say that again...

Quote from: BarrieV
If anyone of you want some particular passage translated, I can help too :)
Can you help-out mm-bbs so they get alo hello 2 translated ( ;) )

Quote from: BarrieV
Btw, Frblckstr1 are you Dutch too? You speak Dutch?
I am, but I am not sure I speak 'dutch' because I am from one of the easterly provinces :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 05:46:05 AM by frblckstr1 »

Offline kiikoi

• LOL!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 06:52:47 AM »
this game is awesome....but its in dutch ^^;

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 05:17:41 AM »
ep4: fashion

From the comments the groups start to get that the people voted to do the special might actually be learning more then they do at times from Japan.

Anyway, Corne and the 'bad voice' girl are voted 'out' and have in 24 hours:
- find a friend
- eat with them
- meat the family

Groups:
- help in a shop
- help with street photography.

Once again Corne wins his assignment, his relaxed attitude helps a lot, the girl and some of the group get really frustrated which is not helping.

The voice over mentions something about being 3 weeks in Tokyo now, that I find a bit strange with a game cycle taking about 2 days what have they been doing the rest of the time?? From how badly they do still they should be maybe at the start of there third week.

Anyway the groups go 'site seeing', and are still not really getting it (except maybe some of the guys)
Natasha is really bad at things, having her do the main shop attendant part does help :)

Enter the batsu game: Go onto the street and pick some people to walk the catwalk at 14:00 (they have all morning it seems). The people the guys talked to show up, non of the girls do.

Natasha gets voted out, there goes the real crinch factor, that the group (by there comments) didn't see this coming makes me think they stay to close to see what is really happening.

BTW, Eva?? where have you been the other 3 eps??

Next week: meet the …  it seems they canceled the show, or at least they do not show the remaining episodes?? Stating ‘low ratings’.

Like somebody on the forum there said: 'RTL baka shine desu!!!'
(and I do not need a translation of that like some overthere to understand what is meant by that)

Offline reyfer

• Member+
Re: Game: Lost In Tokyo (ep 1-4, ep5 postponed/canceled)
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 09:06:38 PM »
Well, they say they are "temporarily" suspending the show due to low ratings. I think those low ratings had to do with the fact that almost everybody hated the contestants (read the forums there and you'll see people were really embarrassed by the behavior these contestants had). But maybe they will show the rest of the episodes later, or maybe release them on video or something. After all, the network spent a shitload of money on the show, and it was supposed to last 12 episodes, so... :)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: Game: Lost In Tokyo (ep 1-4, ep5 postponed/canceled)
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 11:11:26 PM »
I liked the lastest episode, but they didn't give any info on actual fashion at all.. that could be better. I'm glad Natasha is out.. it seems that most of the annoying people are gone now, so that actually could get the ratings up.. I wonder when they'll show the remainder of the episodes..

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - D.T.S