JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Monica

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 39070 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »
^ That doesn't sound right

They canceled "Enjoy Stadium", I'm sure they will use the space for something - maybe they are combining it with "Dolls Factory" to make one big stage which would mean it should be easier to get in there!

"Hotstage" moving indoors where "Heat Garage" was and both "Dream Stage" and "Ship Stage" are new.

So as far as I can tell there are the same amount of stages.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »
Agreed, same amount and it is more correct that they exchanged Hot Stage (outdoor) with Ship Stage (outdoor). So they kept the former Heat Garage, now Hot Stage, but got rid of the Enjoy Stadium.
Dream Stage is just the former My Navi Stage, it seems. Don't you agree? But I can see no way that they can join Enjoy Stadium and Doll Factory. Both were seperate halls, each of them only accessible by a door. So unless they didn't removed the walls entirely, I doubt it being better in any way.

With that AKB thingy tickets should soon be sold out, I assume. I wonder if that has impact on spontaneous buyers.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2016, 03:19:49 PM »
you fucking kidding me?!?!?!? they added Team Syachihoko!!!! I`m sold. I`m going on saturday to that shit.

edit: dammit! several groups I`d like to see won`t be there on saturday. Koto, 2o Love, Dempa Gumi, Tenkoushojo, Malcolm Mask, Ryutist, Level7...  :angry:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:27:00 PM by tsutomo »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2016, 04:21:20 PM »
I kinda hope there is nothing I really want to see Saturday night because then I can go see Mutant Monster.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2016, 11:58:06 AM »
Timetable for TIF is out..... planning starts!

http://www.idolfes.com/2016/timetable.html

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »
Inform us of the results ;)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2016, 03:35:44 PM »
wow the timetable is worse than I imagined. may very well stay at home.

surprised that Up Up will be the last group performing on day 3, so basically ending the festival. all hail the power of Nyansan and co.  :bow:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
They are the last but most fans will leave early on sunday anyway to catch an empty train ;)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »
Any recommendations for watching TIF online? The website shows several options, but I remember encountering troubles while watching NicoNico once.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
For fun reasons I looked up TIF timetable. This would have become a really calm and comfortable festival for me. For example due to time overlaps on Day 3 I would only manage to see 5 sets. I also would have needed to skip all appearances by PiiiiiiiN and several PASSPO ones. Glad I am not there now, lol.

But interesting: GALETTe will perform RIGHT BEFORE Party Rockets GT. I smell a cat fight there! :catglare:

Additionally it seems TIF staff learned from past mistakes and put the "Big Names" 48 and 46 at the beginnings or with huge gaps between their shows, to avoid camping fans blocking the area. At least SOME improvement.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2016, 02:02:51 AM »
Would have been interesting to see GALETTe x PRGT but I'd probably lean towards being in Hot Stage from Cheeky Parade until Babyraids, especially with a thunderstorm forecast for the 6th.

I'm guessing the 48 groups will have their security detail to set up too which will make it take even longer. Then again, why is Team 8 and Keyakizaka performing at Smile Garden? Seems like a risk given how strict they are.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2016, 03:56:37 AM »
No idea, I don't care either,
Sorry if this is a little off topic but, no love from the two of you for any of the 48 groups?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2016, 04:20:02 AM »
Nope, the closest I can get is N46, they have a good metal song and I like some of the members.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2016, 06:20:45 AM »
Nope from me as well. Never had any type of interest in them.

What about you then? Seems you found some infatuation about them.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2016, 02:39:05 PM »
Somewhat. I think the concept is interesting and they do have a lot of good songs, but the rapidly changing nature of the lineup make the goups lack identity a little. It's hard for me to get invested in a group, beyond the music, when there are so many different singers and they change so fast. I do have a very big fondness for the first gen of AKB48 though.

Regardless, if I had a chance to see them live, like at TIF, I'd probably go.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »
I have almost no interest in Nogizaka but, I think there's something about Keyakizaka despite my initial skepticism. I really like "Silent Majority" and  "Kataru nara Mirai wo…".

I still can't discern anyone except for their center Hirate Yurina though.

Am considering seeing NGT48 just to see what weird faces Yamada Noe might make during their live.

I'll probably never become a Stardust fan but, the idea of Shachi being there is kind of exciting, TakoNiji, not so much.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2016, 05:56:33 PM »
(...), but the rapidly changing nature of the lineup make the goups lack identity a little. It's hard for me to get invested in a group, beyond the music, when there are so many different singers and they change so fast.
I guess that is the main reason for me why I don't like this kind of theatre groups (akb, nogi, alice project). It really makes them less identifiable and I also despise the internal competition in those groups, for getting included in the next single and such. I need a stable line-up group, where every member has relatively the same worth, without any bitching and ranking struggles. Some of these groups are also too popular for me. I'd miss the intimity and "naturalness" you have with more unknown groups.
Of course this is just my view and I appreciate what these groups did and still do for the idol business.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »
Either way, A-rin's live and all the 46/48 lives will need anyone who wants to see them to line up at 7:30am and get a entry ticket. The site says each one is limited to 2,000 tickets so I wonder if they'll "sell out".

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2016, 06:40:34 PM »
So, TIF is over. I will wait for your opinions here :)
I heard a lot about Pinchike, especially with throwing glow sticks. Otherwise it seemed like always, with no real improvements.

Next nice festival seems to be the big Idol Koushien at Shin Kiba Coast on August 13.

Any news on the @JAM?

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2016, 01:53:28 AM »
Keyakizaka kicked ass.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Leslie Cheung - Monica