JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Kodama

Author Topic: Hello! Project Pentagon Poll [RESULTS P.2!! REACT]  (Read 19318 times)

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
Re: Hello! Project Pentagon Poll [open till end of December]
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 09:46:40 PM »
Wow! This is awesome! My favorites (Yossy and Miki) were in good places!
Thanks for the results shirenu

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 09:53:39 PM »
OK I want to post commentary, too :lol:

I find it absolutely hilarious that the two current H!P soloists got the lowest voice points. RLY? :lol:

I'm convinced that Manoeri's low ranking in most polls is because she's now in the spot where new Momusu members tend to be. Sudden spotlight where everybody hates them/her at first, but then SEES THE LIGHT and starts liking them/her more and more. I believe in you Manoeri... You can overcome this demonry!

Btw the average of averages is 3.439, which means that H!P girls as a whole are HIGHER THAN AVERAGE CHICKS (thx to Stryfe for this, as well)!

The charisma top ranking looks good to me. Congrats, Yossi!

Kaori shouldn't be sad about placing last on dancing. It's her legendary trademark, it's what makes her so awesome.

The dancing top 5 looks remarkably accurate to me! :O

Personality ranking... Basically all top 25, heck even more, could be in top 10. :lol: That's why I love H!P.

Some of the votes were really harsh lol. I also noticed strategy where e.g. someone gave every Berryz member 2-2-2-2-2 votes. I'm glad it didn't seem to affect the overall outcome too much!

Ah. Please write your reactions :lol:

awesome poll! this is really interesting lol good job voters and ESPECIALLY good job shi!!
Thanks! But good job especially to Stryfe, because he basically saved me from counting that would've taken weeks to complete :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 10:05:32 PM »
He's such a math head that Stryfe guy!

Thank you Shirenu (and your sidekick) :twothumbs although I never got to vote (i'm still crying over that)
Overall results came out pretty much like I would've voted which to me is COOL!

12 23 fo' life!
[/url]

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Hello! Project Pentagon Poll [RESULTS P.2!! REACT]
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 01:11:40 AM »
Personality
#1. Ayaka Wada - 4.600 (5 votes)
Ummm...who? :?

Personality
#2. Yuko Nakazawa - 4.600 (25 votes)
Seeing as how Yuko has sempai-ness (aka "tenure"), as well as the fact that pretty much EVERYONE knows her, she should be 1st. :D

I'm guessing Wada (again, who?) was probably given 1st because it only took 5 votes to get her that score, whereas Yuko took 25. The funny thing, however, is how the averages given here are actually quite misleading/deceiving. An average taken from 5 votes (Wada) isn't nearly as accurate/valid as one taken from 25 votes (Yuko). Had everyone been required to give a score for all members (meaning people we didn't know would get 0-0-0-0-0), then Wada's score would have seriously plummeted and she would have placed in the 20s-30s if she was lucky.

I'm not trying to diss the results of the poll or Wada herself or anything like that. I'm sure that for the 5 people that know and that voted for her, she's got an awesome personality. It's just that there are at LEAST 20 other people (if not more) that are like me who, upon seeing her name, skipped over it and did NOT give her any scores because the first thought that came to us was, again..."WHO?"

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »
Personality
An Egg.

Yay, Yossie placed high on some of 'em! And Ishiyoshi tied for #1 in Charisma! :w00t:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »
I'm guessing Wada (again, who?) was probably given 1st because it only took 5 votes to get her that score, whereas Yuko took 25. The funny thing, however, is how the averages given here are actually quite misleading/deceiving. An average taken from 5 votes (Wada) isn't nearly as accurate/valid as one taken from 25 votes (Yuko). Had everyone been required to give a score for all members (meaning people we didn't know would get 0-0-0-0-0), then Wada's score would have seriously plummeted and she would have placed in the 20s-30s if she was lucky.

I'm not trying to diss the results of the poll or Wada herself or anything like that. I'm sure that for the 5 people that know and that voted for her, she's got an awesome personality. It's just that there are at LEAST 20 other people (if not more) that are like me who, upon seeing her name, skipped over it and did NOT give her any scores because the first thought that came to us was, again..."WHO?"

You are quite right about the order, and since I did the processing hastily and wasn't expecting draws, I didn't add a secondary sorter based on vote count and it defaulted to alphabetical order. The number is simply the order of lines, Ayaka & Yuko "tied". So that was merely an oversight. But as shirenu said, the amount of votes given in that area are visible right after the score, which should be taken into account while considering a girl's (possibly strange) ranking. In the overall top I've listed incomplete votes as well (for example 1-0-0-3-0), otherwise the amount is specific to that attribute.

A vote of 0 is the same as no vote at all, a blank vote... so it doesn't affect the average. Only by deciding on an "average score" for unknown chicks and then voting it (for example 3-3-3-3-3) could you skew the results. Ayaka got 8 total votes, with a blank aka 0 in personality in three of them (5,5,5,5,3,0,0,0). So we divide the sum of those with the amount of positive votes (in this case 5). And naturally if everyone participating in this vote gave her a zero for personality, the result would be the same.

All this processing and average counting was done the simplest way possible. I suppose, for future polls, we could devise an imdb-esque formula for making more-voted chicks scores count more, who volunteers? ;)

Here's a sortable table of the results.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 03:52:23 AM »
The chart is nice, though we would be able to get a more accurate/valid idea had the total points scored in each category been included.

The "problem" I guess that I have, is with the fact that the ranking is being displayed in terms of the average score. IMHO, if rankings are to be done, then it would be more accurate to display the results in terms of total points scored, rather than by what each member "averaged". I realize what you're saying Stryfer. You can't really divide someone's scores by a certain number of voters if fewer people voted for her overall. It is because of this fact that I brought that issue up in the first place. Displaying/ranking them by their average scores just isn't showing accurate data, because the number of voters per member is different, which means they're not all being shown/organized on the same basis. Total points, on the other hand, are simple, straightforward, and are much harder to dispute.

Ayaka got 8 total votes, with a blank aka 0 in personality in three of them (5,5,5,5,3,0,0,0). So we divide the sum of those with the amount of positive votes (in this case 5).

And naturally if everyone participating in this vote gave her a zero for personality, the result would be the same.
I'm afraid I must disagree with you on that. In terms of the arithmetic, no, the results would NOT be the same. If you had included the 3 people who gave her a 0, Wada's average score would NOT be the same.  By your own statement here, there were 3 people who submitted votes for Wada in any of the 5 categories. You did not include these 3 people in your calculations for her personality score because they gave her a score of 0 for it. In terms of the arithmetic, it is more accurate to divide her score by the total number of overall voters that she actually had, which is 8, and not only by the 5 you did. The 3 people who gave her a personality score of 0 still voted for her in other categories, correct? If so, then again for accuracy's sake they should all be included in the calculations for her scores in each of the five categories. You've given her total of 23 points, and divided them by 5 voters to give an average score of 4.6. Had you included the 3 people who gave her a 0, then it would have been a total score of 23 divided by 8 voters, giving her an average of roughly 2.8, which is a pretty big difference. For the displayed results to be accurate, they need to be organized on the same basis. Because of the fact that different numbers of people voted for different members (thus giving us some members with 20+ people submitting votes for them and others having 5 or less people submitting votes), it is simply not accurate to organize them by their "average" score.

If you take both Wada and Yuko's total scores, and divided each of them by 25 (i.e. the number of total voters that Yuko had), the comparisons between the results would have been more accurate because they would have both been divided by the same number of participant voters. Instead of "omitting" the "blank votes" that Wada would have gotten, then Wada's "average" would have sunk like a stone, and she, like I said, would have placed much lower in the "rankings".

Let's put it this way, let's say I were to give a test/exam to a class, and there are 25 questions on it, each worth 1 mark.  I told the kids "You only have to answer the questions you want to. If you don't know it, then you do NOT have to answer it, and you will NOT be penalized for it." Student A answers only 5 questions in total (leaving 20 blank), and gets 4 correct. Student B answers all 25 questions, and gets 20 correct. This gives me:
Student A - 4/5 = 80%
Student B - 20/25 = 80%

Now then, would it be valid to say that Student A and Student B should be ranked the same? Did they get the same score? Based on what questions they answered, both of their scores equaled 80%, even though one student obviously did more work and knows more of the material.  As we all know, of course not. The accurate, and, more importantly, the fair thing to do would be to take Student A's score and mark it out of 25, because that's how much the test was out of. He/she did not know the material, which lead him/her to leave 20 blank questions. As such, he/she should not be lead to believe that he/she did well by omitting the questions that were left blank and only doing the ones he/she knew. Student A should not receive a score of 80%, he/she should receive a score of 16% (4 out of 25).

At any rate, I'm just sayin', is all. Like I said before, I'm not trying to start a fire here, but details like that just bug me sometimes.  :roll:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2009, 09:26:46 AM »
Personality

JFC, 0 in this poll meant a SKIPPED vote, not a vote that is COUNT. This ISN'T an exam where an empty vote means that the girl's ranking should be affected, sheesh. Some fan's LACK OF KNOWLEDGE/IGNORANCE should NOT affect the girl's ranking in the poll.

This isn't a "the more famous you are, the better you should rank!!11" poll. This is a poll where, even if you're an egg, you can do well if you're good because your fans will know that you are good at it. Lazy H!P fans who don't bother to find out don't get to complain. SORRY!

And yes I'm angry because me and Stryfe spent a lot of time working on this and then we get these effing complaints. SO SORRY FOR TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ~~FUN~~ FOR THE FORUM OH MY GOD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
It wasn't a complaint shi. It was just something that bugged me, is all. :O

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2009, 04:48:25 AM »
^
You could have just told me that I stuck my foot in my mouth again, you know.
 :on cloudeye:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2009, 12:15:40 PM »
Personality

I didn't know her either, but from that gif she seems full of win  :lol:

The results are pretty interesting. Thanks for taking the effort in putting together this poll.

They actually showed me that I'm not alone regarding some opinions of some members. (lol, no details here).

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »
I really liked this poll. It's better than generic "WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE!?" polls.  So thanks Shi and Stryfe!!

And even though Dawa only had a few votes, SHE STILL HAS AN AWESOME PERSONALITY AND DESERVES IT! I'm also REALLY glad to see Eri place as number 1 overall. That was actually pretty surprising. I wasn't expecting her to surpass Rika, really. Haha. Way to go turtle!

And poor Mano and her low ranking! I'm with Shi. Someday everyone will see the light (Look at Koharu....). Until then, I'll just keep listening to Lucky Aura on repeat.  :heart:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »
Oh wow, I'm waaaay behind. xD But i finally saw the results, and I like them... I love how Ishiyoshi tiedl. :P I totally didn't expect Eri to place 1st overall, though. :? Not that I'm comlaining, considering she's my favorite.... I was just surprised.  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:42:25 PM by shirenu »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Kodama