JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Feedback

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 483383 times)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1320 on: February 16, 2016, 06:21:16 PM »
Hey, this is a nice topic. No need for argueing, as I don't read about any harm done.
I am of the opinion, that the quality of fan-service is very individual to each of us. Like I don't care if an idol is allowed to touch me or stand on me (Lolisyn) etc., whereas I am contend with the 15/30 second talks of Passpo. Just think about the poor fans of Up Up Girls who only know hyper-fast group handshakes...
Also there are so many events possible. Just take the diversity of chekis as example: small fomat - big format, signed - not signed, mobile 2shot - polaroid cheki, posing next to each other - AKB tables, decorated - just signature,... True, I have my preferences here but I couldn't say that one of that is inferior. The complete way of how the event will be handled matters a lot. And I can not compare events of a small group like Furikake Panic with those of Dempagumi.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1321 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:11 PM »
Wattstax to the rescue!

To follow on from you bit, for regular post-show buppan, I prefer cheki-kai to sign-kai or handshakes. And with as long a talk time as possible directly after. And I prefer chekis to phone photos, with them writing whatever they want on it.

What is also interesting is those groups who do regular "standalone" events, like you mentioned Passpo do drinking events, and some groups do cafe events, and others satsuei-kais etc.

I guess the regularity of these other events, or general lives, and the kind of events they do, changes a lot your relation/interaction with the idol.

edit: I'm also not so fond of those events where you are forced to interact with every member of the group, instead of just the one you want to...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:07:50 PM by Jul3 »

Chihiro

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1322 on: February 17, 2016, 12:54:49 PM »
I am of the opinion, that the quality of fan-service is very individual to each of us.
I was trying to make a neutral comment.

Personally none of the fan-service really matter much to me, I know you and Jul are quite different in that regard - despite getting some chekis on my last trip it's still not really important to me at all.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1323 on: February 17, 2016, 04:53:16 PM »
(...)and obviously probably the #1 group in fan-service currently.
That is a neutral comment? XD
Just kidding, I know what you mean. That is why I put the discussion in the direction of the diversity of fan-service possible. But no matter how less interest you have in events, it is nice to know how you appreciate the idols efforts in it to fish you :)

I am not so much a fan of special standalone events as they are either too random, too complicated or too expensive. Admittedly I never participated in such event so I hardly know what I am talking about.
Cheki and Akushukai, the standards, are of course my favourite too. But I like it when a group often changes events, depending on the occasion, like adding group shots or signkai. A signed cheki btw is the best in my opinion, but a good mobile phone photo has some nice quality (and size).

Group handshake events are a two-sided sword: Sometimes they are annoying, when you just care for one member, f.e. But if there are several members you want to chat with it, this is by far the best option.

I think it is an obvious fact, that the more interaction you have with a specific idol, the deeper the interaction and better the relation will become. If it is liked by both sides is debatable though :P

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1324 on: February 17, 2016, 06:12:11 PM »
That is a neutral comment? XD

I think it is, but obviously limited to the groups I know of - I'm not really a fan of Baseball Girls (I do like them obviously).

Just kidding, I know what you mean. That is why I put the discussion in the direction of the diversity of fan-service possible. But no matter how less interest you have in events, it is nice to know how you appreciate the idols efforts in it to fish you :)
I really appreciate idols that give 110%

Also I was actually thinking about why we don't have discussion threads here, we could have polls and stuff as well!

I think it is an obvious fact, that the more interaction you have with a specific idol, the deeper the interaction and better the relation will become. If it is liked by both sides is debatable though :P
Do you think they are thinking "Oh it's that creepy foreign guy, I'll make an effort not to show my disgust" ?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1325 on: February 17, 2016, 06:39:50 PM »
I always thought this thread being for discussions like this. Polls on the other hand regard a new thread, but I believe, we are free to make those here. I refrain from it mostly because I don't want to create probable short-living threads. But yes, I would highly welcome more discussions, exchanges of our different point of views, reviews etc., instead of the random Youtube posts.

Well, I don't exclude the probability of an one-sided affection. Generally spoken though, not just about me. Idols are just humans like everyone else. It is impossible for me to assume that an idol can like every kind of character they will meet during their career, but will hide that fact behind a facade. Like I would do with certain customers which I don't like.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1326 on: February 17, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »
Also I was actually thinking about why we don't have discussion threads here, we could have polls and stuff as well!

We could do, just needs someone to start a conversation, whether here in this thread, as wattstax suggested, or in it's own thread, or in the Random J-Music Thoughts & Questions thread.

Do you think they are thinking "Oh it's that creepy foreign guy, I'll make an effort not to show my disgust" ?
Well a lot of them do freeze up and just not know how to handle gaijins... but yeah... I always do wonder what idols really think of their fans...

Chihiro

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1327 on: February 19, 2016, 02:04:38 PM »
I dreamt about Japanese idols yesterday. For the second time. Nothing (too) lewd at all though as far as I remember.

Am I going insane?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1328 on: February 19, 2016, 11:48:18 PM »
^ YES

--

Akishibu project @ JAPAN EXPO THAILAND 2016

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1329 on: February 20, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »
A friend told me there's a whole butt-tonne of new Guso/Zekkyou sister groups on the way. However, this one has already started - and they are ska! (well, at least this song is, dunno about the others): XYZ

Chihiro

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1330 on: February 23, 2016, 02:43:40 PM »

Their best song I think

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1331 on: February 26, 2016, 11:40:37 PM »

Purple girl kinda looks like Fukagawa Mai

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1332 on: February 27, 2016, 04:47:22 PM »
Shirai of JyuJyu graduates on March 29th. Neu stays in the group and they will look for new members. If I understood it right, until a new member is found, activities will be stalled.
Anything to add, Rezar?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1333 on: February 27, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »
Nothing other than I never got a cheki with her and from reading her twitter she might have some mental issues (she doesn't say that but the things she's tweeting are usually kinda creepy).

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1334 on: February 27, 2016, 05:53:13 PM »
That is true. She often wrote dark stuff. But who knows how much is real and what is keeping to the image (of the group).
But you wanted a cheki with her? I thought you don't like JyuJyu.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1335 on: February 27, 2016, 07:19:15 PM »
I like them, they just aren't on my absolute top "list" - I even went for a show just to see them ;)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1336 on: February 27, 2016, 07:40:57 PM »
You just became a more respectable person to me :P
Well, with the hiatus it is at least on group less I need to include in my schedule. Hope they restart soon though.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1337 on: February 27, 2016, 10:56:00 PM »
Just teens being teens. Difference is 20-30 years ago there was no social media to spew their mind on.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1338 on: March 04, 2016, 06:10:15 PM »
Shirai of JyuJyu graduates on March 29th. Neu stays in the group and they will look for new members. If I understood it right, until a new member is found, activities will be stalled.
Anything to add, Rezar?

Oh, Shirai is graduating? She was cute. I took a cheki with her once (at Guso Drop's 1st Anniversary show) but she (and the group) aren't the kind of idols for me...

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1339 on: March 04, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »
Oh, Shirai is graduating? She was cute. I took a cheki with her once (at Guso Drop's 1st Anniversary show) but she (and the group) aren't the kind of idols for me...
JyuJyu were/are the only Metal idols I really followed. Their behaviour suited me perfectly. So for me there will be a huge gap, if Neu doesn't continue with a new member. Shirai was always nice to talk to. Too bad she graduates when just reaching the age of 20.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: School Food Punishment - Feedback