JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Ice Cream

Author Topic: [07/04] Morning Musume 50th Single "One•Two•Three/The Matenrou Show"  (Read 54922 times)

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
I'm really happy with this single. .. or the first track and the looks they have. The girls all have "modern" hairstyles. Ayumis ribbonhair and harunans horn-buns are pretty popular hairstyles (in the magazines). And their costumes are really idol-y with the girls colors wich could be so the girls are easier to recognice for new fans, wich is good.

The last two singles have had a really modern feel...without too much Tsunku wierdness.. I do love the wierdness, don't get me wrong. But it would also be really nice  if momusu could rise to greater heights with singles that feel more in touch with whats the right sound for the time being. And costumes that have a less costum-y feel. On the other side if they dance in chicken costumes they are bound to be remebered for ... the costumes. Oh. I don't know. I'm tired and a little ranty and I really dig the one-two-three-song. It's gooooooood.

Momusu <3

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
So far, I love this. Let's wait what emotions the PV and the covers will bring to us...

Reina + Riho + Sayumi = AWESOME  :wub: :wub: :wub:
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
The song gets better after listening to it for a second and third time. This is full of so much win that I'm dreading the PV already, they can't get so many things right at the same time.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline MinnesotaWota

• ecchi
This single already has me pumped!  Absolutely <3 the outfits, in my opinion the best outfits Momusu has rocked in a long time!  I gotta say the girls look hawt ^^  Not to mention the song gets better every time i hear it!  Cant wait to see the PV!

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ok so I've watched the video of this performance more times than can probably be considered healthy cause it's just that amazing but something about the costumes kept bugging me. I kept trying to count how many girls had Reina's outfit and how many had Sayu's (which was hard cause they wouldn't stop moving) cause they seemed uneven.

After finally realizing I should just name the girls in each outfit I realized yes, there are 4 girls in Sayu's outfit and 6 in Reina's which didn't make any sense to me. I finally realized (cause I'm super slow) it's cause Aika was supposed to have Sayu's outfit as well which woulda evened it out (as even as you can be with 11 people).

It's just sad to realize how far they'd actually gone with planning for her to be in this single only for her to have to graduate right before the promotions started.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
You can't really assume that though.
There's lots of instances where distributions of costumes and the like are uneven, especially in Japan.

While most cultures tend toward symmetry, it's a quirk of Japanese culture to tend toward intentional asymmetry, which art historians call "hacho".
"Balanced unbalancedness", as Tsunku might say.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
I find it generally amusing how fan opinion all seem to be mortally terrified that the PV is going to suck after approving of the song and the choreography. I guess any experienced fan knows better than to hope for too much from UFA lol. We love the girls but have no faith in the management. :lol:

Any idea if any previews for the other song will be leaked or shown? They hadn't even filmed for the PV at the time of the Girl's Awards, so I assume it's going to be done soon. I expect we'll see the video we all anticipate (and dread XD) by the later half of June. Ugh, at least another 2 to 3 weeks...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Ha ha I don't even care about the PV as long as there is a dance shot and everyone looks pretty. :lol:

It'd be cool if the kpop influence in the song was also in the PV, as in more grand and expensive looking, but considering that even kpop groups have cheap fucking videos in Japan I don't see that happening. It'll be just the same old dancing in front of a background feat. close-ups of each member, and then one extra "special" scene like posing with a motorcycle or some shit... :lol: Whether or not people like the video depends on what kind of background and "special" scene they choose this time. Hahahahahah.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
I find it generally amusing how fan opinion all seem to be mortally terrified that the PV is going to suck after approving of the song and the choreography. I guess any experienced fan knows better than to hope for too much from UFA lol. We love the girls but have no faith in the management.
Have you forgotten RH's PV is nothing but a white room?

I'll still hope One•Two•Three will have a PV that'll make Do It Now's look like a cheapskate amateur's half-assed effort

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab

I'll still hope One•Two•Three will have a PV that'll make Do It Now's look like a cheapskate amateur's half-assed effort

I'd settle for a PV that looks half as good as Resonant Blue's alternate version. Except this one must have lasers. Lots of lasers.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Fansubbed version of the perf
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:53:36 PM by oaxiac »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Oh! This was the event with the Wonder Girls! :lol: Momusu performing a song that will be released in July, and WG performing a song that was released 57 years ago...

The vocals sound.. even more robotic >__< Might turn me off a bit when the HQ version comes out

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
I love this song more and more!!!! I'm so waiting for HD!!  :wub: :wub: :wub:
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

clearer audio, might be a radio rip

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
Doesn't have the same feel of 'oomph' as the live ver. :wth

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
OK It's just too good. Daaayyyhhyuuuhhmmm. Now I have to put a ban on listening to it before the MV is out :lol:

(Personal ban.... Not forum ban... LOL)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Needs more bass and echo...I wonder if I can make it better...

*ponders*

I still like the song, I just think the arrangement could be better HAHA.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Most def. She grew approximately 5cm in one year, 2cm of which happened in one month. That was at the beginning of the year, and Riho has complained on her radio show that people keep telling her she looks bigger every time they see her. And then Deli-kun is like "now that you mention it...", to Riho's horror. :lol: It also cracked me me up in the following week's ep cos the first thing Deli said to her was "you look taller again!" and Riho was like "USO!!!" followed by "...really????" XD The poor kid lol.

The height issue has also spawned some interesting debate regarding how at the rate Riho is growing, she might end up being the next Yurina. The wota in general Do Not Approve. XD The general sentiment seems to be that they want Riho to be loli forever. :lol: The other opinion being that if she grows too tall, she'll be disqualified as the ace, the role defaulting to Ayumi, who is appropriately tiny. Dis wota and their conspiracy theories lol. Then again, Tsunku seems to like tiny aces if history has any bearing on this, but it could just be a coincidence that the strongest performers were just that small. Although, I feel compelled to point out that Momusu as a group has been tiny in general. I mean, the tallest ever Musume was Junjun, and she didn't even break the 170cm barrier. :lol:

Then again, if this song is any indication, Riho is still firmly on track to becoming the future ace lol. Besides, the other kids seem to be growing quickly too, or started off closer to the 160 mark to begin with, so we might actually see for the first time in Musume history where most of the members are over 160cm. :lol: Well, in a few years anyway haha.

I'd make a Nine Muses joke, but it's 10nin Musume right now.  :sweatdrop:

Offline MinnesotaWota

• ecchi
So im not sure how relevant this is but has anyone else noticed that the girls costume in kawaii beams post http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=32853.msg1044819#msg1044819, Haruna, Mizuki, and Sayu's costumes are strapless?  (They don't even have those cheesy see-thru straps that H!P wears during performances.)  Yet in every performance all the girls costumes have straps...  Im sure its to prevent a wardrobe malfunction, but just wanted to point this out to everyone.  And by the way, I personally would much rather see strapless in the PV!  Strapless is HAWT!!! :twothumbs

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+

clearer audio, might be a radio rip

Obviously not an audio rip, it's edited version from the live audio recording.

BTW, after hearing the clean JIJIPRESS version, suddenly i remembered of this

:lol: 

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Ice Cream