JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aeronauts - 5 days

Author Topic: [TV] Dark Side of the Ring  (Read 3257 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[TV] Dark Side of the Ring
« on: May 01, 2020, 03:25:16 AM »
Dark Side of the Ring

IMDB | Official Site | Wikipedia

Dark Side of the Ring is a television documentary series produced by Vice on TV (previously known as Viceland) that premiered in 2019. The series is about controversial subjects within professional wrestling, with each episode focusing on a specific event. Dutch Mantel narrates the first season (except one episode narrated by Mick Foley), and Chris Jericho narrates season two.

Been watching this series lately and I'm hooked. Like I know some of the stories...but the Von Erichs just utter tragedy  :shocked Bruiser Brody what a character!! I never really heard of him and fuck, he's like my Top 3 of all time already.

But hell that Benoit one got me choked the fuck up. The Love Story between him and Eddie. His Kid David and Nancy "Woman" Benoit's sister getting together after all these years thanks to Jericho's gut and Chavo Guerrero initiating the convo. WOMAN Nancy was such a hottie. Thank YOU.

And fuck, in organizing some threads into this Wrestling subforum, I came across the Benoit thread too. Man.  :sweatdrop:

Offline StrongStyle9Q

• Rainmaker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • The Last Dog
Re: [TV] Dark Side of the Ring
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
I watched the Benoit Dark side of the ring a little while ago and I must say what really struck me was the lack of care WWE had for David Benoit.

He seems to be an innocent victim in all of this. He said he wants to be a wrestler, but honestly with what his dad did, he's probably screwed in that industry. Doesn't help that he looks EXACTLY like Chris.

Also reading through that Chris Benoit thread was really something. I obviously haven't been part of this site for that long, so I never got to personally witness a forum react to the events unfolding. Then again, I was a kid when it happened.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aeronauts - 5 days