JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Coltemonikha - Scene Killer

Author Topic: (Group) D-Unit (디유닛)  (Read 56942 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) D-Unit (디유닛)
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »
ass bump

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »

Teasing til the very end, I see. Bastards. :P

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »
Zin looks great in that shoot...and I love RAM's gangsta faces :lol:
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »

Some short vids of Ujin and Zico recording new shit.

http://www.nylon.jp/fashion_325.html

Some more pics of the shoot from the Nylon site.

Plus some Ujin.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »

JAAAANEEEEYYYYYYY

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2013, 12:10:32 AM »
It just got WAY more gangster in here.

Look at her with arms crossed... LIKE A BOSS. Not convinced? Then check out Janey winding up to smack some sense into you because you can't handle the swag.

This calls for some swag panda :wigglypanda:

SO MUCH CHEDDA.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2013, 12:54:55 AM »

Janey's just a little bag'o'swag. I wonder if they changed her name, though...

"Bitch please."

Some of that early swagger from early GP Basic days. She was born to do this.

--

Gotta watch some UFC, but I'll get back to chronicling this new era of swag asap.

--

So, after CSI-style checks and other shit, I have scientifically confirmed this is indeed Janey. Yesh, moles at the same spot on her chin, fang at one side of the mouth, although I think someone's mirroring something since it's switching sides or something... or I'm way too tired. Either way:

Janey (?)

Stage Name: Janey (제이니) (might have changed)
Birthdate: December 14, 1998 (age 14)
Birthplace: Incheon, South Korea
Education: Central Elementary School, Incheon
Height: 147cm (probably changed)
Weight: 34kg (probably changed)

Janey debuted in the idol scene as the youngest member and rapper of GP Basic in August 2010. She was only 11 (still in elementary school) at the time, with the rest of the members being ~2 years older than her. When they promoted their third single, some new regulations were passed and she was barred from performing at music shows due to her young age at the time. I guess she was good to go after she turned 12, though, unless some law changed, because she was back in action with "Jelly Pop" at 2011. Gp Basic released a total of six singles, their last being released February 2012. And then, pretty much nothing, I suppose.

Since that time, Janey and some fellow GP Basic members participated in the tv show "Last Audition of My Life" which was apparently meant for former idols wishing to make a comeback. That's where the "D-Unit audition" clip is from, haha. I wouldn't be surprised if it had some effect on her joining the group. Anyway that seemed to confirm GP Basic was no more, even if the members were still posting stuff on their me2day and making some random appearances.

And, here we are. I'm sure we'll get more specifics soon, like if she changed her name or something... I've been hearing talk about "JNEY" but not quite sure where that's coming from...

Quote from: Last Audition of My Life
("D-Unit Audition")

Quote from: GP Basic Music Videos

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:47:39 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 10:21:46 PM »

Seems like the talk about JNEY wasn't just talk.. dropping dem vowels...  XD

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 10:32:13 PM »
Vowels are for suckers and people without swag!

- BRNDNTR
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »

Woo :inlove: some of the pics Zin was aching to post. More on the way she says...

Offline HypercaneX

• AKB48 12th Gen Oshi
  • Sayanee = ♥
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2013, 02:04:04 AM »
YES! The Princess of Rap is BACK!!!  :w00t:

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:16 AM »
So hype on Jney and where D-Unit is going. Highest I've been on kpop in awhile.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2013, 03:55:19 AM »

http://news.nate.com/view/20130304n07164

Some pics from Nate news articles. The New D-Unit, looking good.

http://news.nate.com/view/20130304n04428

This is "Jeannie the rich wrapper", according to google translate, at least. :P

--

Album's up for previewing at Melon:

http://www.melon.com/cds/album/web/albumdetailmain_list.htm?albumId=2176845

--

And we have zee mv.

Wao, Zico sure wasn't kidding when he was talking about "cute"... this sure is different... my initial feeling is good, though, I like it. Lessee how that lasts lol. Janey's totally fitting in this thing, too.

All dem pastels... Yeah, I do really really like this. Maybe I'm just extra confused coz I'm liking D-Unit MV visuals for a change. :lol:

And Legendary Zintummy :heart:

Rest of the new tracks on this release:
...seem to have been removed from Youtube... well, it's up on jpopsuki for example.

Seems like another solid release. I was almost worried Zico would ruin a good thing or something, lol, but Lockdown's pretty great, Alone is awesome (dat chorus) and Scarecrow's really decent too. Good times.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:18:56 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2013, 07:22:55 AM »

Sooo cute. Yeah, can't stress enough how well Janey fits into this incarnation of D-Unit. They went for a "cute swag" concept (which is actually more appropriate for the other girls, too), and that's def been Janey's area of expertise throughout her young career. Her short bursts of rapping sound improved, her dancing is on point as expected and she looks like she's genuinely having fun out there. Yeah... she looks like she belongs.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:33:23 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
After some intensive listening, I'm upgrading my album review grade to the very simple "love" status. I've even warmed up to "Sleeping In/Late" part 2, although I still prefer the original.

--

Aight, some more swagamuffin chronicles. Janey appearing as a dancer in a Jang Woo Hyuk (Ex-H.O.T.) MV back in 2011, starting at around ~2:10.

Some of dat chibi-Hyoyeon giffed. Yeah... someone said she looks like her, and at times she really does, especially during the blonde days.

Some kind of a promo shot with a lot more of dem news site pics.

Zin at the bottom leftmost pic... damn, gurl. :lick:

Speaking of Zin, she was looking delicious in the MV. She got the coolest dance lead moments, too. Dat Leg Shake and the very D-Unit "Look At Me" move lul.

This is actually the first time I'm really stoked about seeing that eventually-coming dance shot MV and music show performances. It's finally getting interesting when it's not all dark and serious.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:15:29 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2013, 03:49:58 PM »

Looks like D-Unit might be finally utilizing their rotating system. From this Star News article:

Janey explained, “I take charge of rap, energy, and prettiness in the team. In the past, I’ve always wanted to try being with D-Unit unnis and I’m glad that I actually had the chance in their anticipated comeback.” and “Although I joined D-Unit, GP Basic is not disbanding. I fit in D-Unit’s current album concept so I joined as a guest member.“
It's not like GP Basic has announced their disbanding, but they also haven't done much at all since their last (terrible) comeback over a year ago. Also worth noting is that on Affirmative Chapter 1 Janey is featured on, that's right, just the title track, I'm pretty sure. Originally I assumed Janey's addition was pretty last minute and they split this thing so they could work her into more tracks on Chapter 2. But now, who knows for how long she's gonna stick around. But hey, remember "temporary" member Ujin? Might all depend on popularity again... :P

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2013, 06:31:01 AM »

"D-Angels", said the title. Angels that be serious and full of swag, I suppose. Some nice-size banners in any case.

http://news.nate.com/view/20130306n07345 , http://news.nate.com/view/20130305n39125

More news articles that seem to talk about concepts and the member status thang, but I can't make any proper sense out of the machine translations, so hoping for someone else to handle it soon... new pics in any case.

How gangsta. First performance-related stuff... fan photos from Simply Kpop recording. I wonder if there's a schedule up somewhere...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2013, 05:38:46 PM »

Live times! Show Champion kicks it off. Vid gets a bit fuzzy but best I can find right now.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2013, 10:53:17 AM »
@2:25 in the video, right before Zin's pre-chorus, that would've been the PERFECT time for a Janey dance segment.

JUST SAYING.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
So, I fucking love "Talk to My Face", or whatever the hell the translation is. I'm still not too crazy about Stay Alive, but I'm really liking the album as a whole. Had to make sure I made time to listen to it, to avoid FTG harassing me, but it was definitely worth it. I don't know about you guys, but I'd say everything they've put out is somewhere in the range from solid to amazing. D-Unit <3

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Coltemonikha - Scene Killer