JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - KATSUDON IN in da house

Author Topic: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread  (Read 22553 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2014, 06:50:53 AM »
so good to have a woman participating in our planning... already made a proper schedule for us all and is always clever about timing and organizing.  :) no offense wattstax, but I'm sure if was all up to only the two of us this JPHiP meeting wouldn't work.  :lol: can I call it that way? unfortunately more people will probably attend the event but don't want to meet with us... I'm feeling so rejected now...  :panic:

yep, I'm working in the night shift this week so I'll get out of work saturday morning already. probably around 7 am. so, even if I went straight to the venue (I doubt qwiksXnd would like to meet me in this case since I would be hella dirty  :lol: ) the earlier I would be able to get there is around 9... I'll probably end up losing the S/mileage show. the difficult part imo is around communication between us, since wattstax only can send and receive messages if wi-fi is available there. well, I guess that even in the worst scenario he would be able to recognize me already in the audience but still... what about you, qwiksXnd? I'm sure you won't be the only barbarian girl present there, so...?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »
tsutomo, you have so less faith in me :P

Bad thing: Didn't find a wifi card anywhere.
Good thing: I checked my mobile service and I can book a flatrate for a relative cheap price. So if you don't send me photos we can do LINE.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
The Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 Thread
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »
Hey qwiksXnd, did you know about this? On Friday at Odaiba Super Girls, Cheeky Parade and GEM.
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/newworld/stage/mezalive.html
Tried to buy a ticket for it, but what is he use of asking the right question in japanese when I am not able to understand the answer. Damn...

Edit: Today I was visiting the festival area. Huge! If you want to go from Navi Stage to Enjoy Stadium for example, you will need an eternity, with the mass of people around.
Hopefully the maintenance work will be finished then. Otherwise I see a lot of pushing.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:32:01 PM by wattstax »

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »
Oh, I mentioned on the previous page that I got a ticket for Mezamashi Live w/ SG, CP, and GEM. Sorry to hear that you had difficultly with tickets as I could have purchased one for you had I known you were interested. I thought you were going to another concert already on 8.1.

In case you didn't know: PASSPO is doing a split concert with Baby Raids on 8.10 (I can't go because predia has a concert at the same time) and a few days later PASSPO will be at SaiSai Fest (Silent Siren event).

Btw, I have no idea what tsutomo is talking about. I'm not a "woman," let alone a "barbarian girl."

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2014, 12:19:11 AM »
Hah, found your post about the Mezamashi. And yes, the same day I want to go to the Idol Koshien in Zepp Diver City. Tickets will be sold at the venue and as Mezamashi would have started at 11 and Koshien at 13, it would have worked.
Damn, but can't help it.

Thanks for the PASSPO dates. But I will be back on my way home next Monday. Too bad, as I like both groups a lot :( But I will come back for their Shinjuku Blaze Flight end of September.

Regarding tsutomo, he maybe confuses you with someone else on the forum? Or maybe he is still delilrious from Nachu's birthday show :P

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2014, 07:31:32 AM »
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

you are not a girl? really? I was sure you were from our past conversations  :? I'm feeling so strange now. I didn't try to flirt with you, did I? now, I really hope not  :panic:

so where's daydreamer now? at least she is a girl, I suppose. well, doesn't really matter since she doesn't want to take part of our meeting...

well, either way wattstax and I are trying to figure out about using Line to communicate. what about you, qwiksXnd? at least you'll have to say what shirt you'll be wearing or something so we can find you.
actually, you could go with an "I'm not a girl" shirt.  :lol: this would be quite funny. tonight I'll try to convince my boss to let me get out earlier at friday. if I could, I'd be able to meet up around 8.

edit: oh! and now since we are all men, we can arrange an after hour at Kabukicho in some strip club I guess.  :shakeit:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »
The schedule for Greeting Square is out

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
I arrived at the airport at 10:30PM last night so I wasn't able to buy a sim card for my iphone, therefore I'm not able to communicate without wifi. Maybe we could PM each other about meeting up, but I'm fine with at night after predia's stage, since I think we'll be there anyway. Kinda coincidental we all happen to like them.

After Mezamashi Live, I wandered around Odaiba for an hour, but because it was so hot I went back to my room, made a lame recap about the concert, and was about to head out again.... but I accidentally fell asleep for five hours. Not sure how that happened, but probably because of the 16 hour time zone difference from L.A. and only sleeping two hours last night. Anyway, looking forward to TIF, but it is going to be extremely hot.

edit: I'll PM you both tomorrow morning regarding meeting up (basically just what I'm wearing, but I'll be the guy with GEM goods - more like "greats"). Glad you made it to Mezamashi Live. That makes us officially cooler than tsutomo.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:30:27 PM by qwiksXnd »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
The Jetlag can be tough. I know about that. Then let's meet at Predia. I will be a guy with brown Bellring Shirt and a hat.

And yes, TIF will be exhausting. The short show at Mezamashi was terrible enough (Yes, got tickets!)
Went right after that to Idol Koushien which was a blast. Now I need to reschedule as I pinky promised Juri from Bellring to see their shows :D

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2014, 04:25:08 AM »
So is everyone still alive after TIF? Got sunburned on Saturday and my feet are still hurting. Didn't make it out to the My Navi Stage or the Sky Stage once because it was too far/inconvenient.

I guess Fuji TV wants to have TIF coincide with their summer festival thing, but I would welcome more people to do events like this in early autumn when the chance for heatstroke is not so high. I don't get the whole "it's the hottest time of year? let's gather people together outdoors (many of them who will be drinking a lot) and make them stand around in the sun!". Enjoy Stage and Doll Factory was great because it was air conditioned!

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
I survived. And I've been campaigning for years (inside my head) that there should be a TIF equivalent during the spring when the weather is cooler. The heat was brutal and a lot more intense than previous years because Hot Stage was also an outdoor stage (horrible decision btw). I also occasionally hung out in Enjoy Stadium just to avoid being outside (and to escape from tsutomo XD). I skipped Sky Stage (which is my favorite stage), because (1) it was too hot,  (2) I would only consider going up if several of my favorite groups were performing consecutively and that never happened, and (3) it was too hot.

If TIF had an award ceremony these would be my winners:
Best Newcomer
La Pom Pon (http://lapompon.com/)
I only saw them perform for ten minutes, but I got hooked immediately. I'd describe them as a cross between GEM and Fairies.

Most improved group
For some reason Links (http://www.links1919.com/) is always scheduled between groups I like, so I've never been able to avoid them. Fortunately, they got a million times better since 2012 and 2013.

Best group that performed while wearing bikinis
G-Girls

Worst group that performed while wearing bikinis
G-Girls

Of the three TIFs I've been to, this was the worst organized. You had to go through a ridiculous maze in order to enter the covered area of the hot stage. There were too many stages that were open to non-ticket holders. The worst offense was they actually made the foreign fans wait an extra two hours before they could get their wristbands. It was extremely unfair because it prevented us from queuing at any of the stages. It didn't affect me because the first stage I went to was the Navi stage which just happened to open really late, but I feel bad for any foreign fan who wanted to see S/mileage or any of the groups performing first in Doll Factory, Sky Stage, or Enjoy Stadium. Imagine Japanese fans buying tickets to an event in the U.S. or Europe, and once they arrive they are told they have to wait two hours longer than the locals before entering.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2014, 09:54:26 AM »
First thing, mixedmedia: Who are you and why haven't we met there? :P

My experience is mostly the same as qwiksXands: It was unbearable hot and the area is much too big! Attending Hot Stage was especially hard. Don't know, how much I drank there! But I avoided tsutomo even by being outside :P
As it was my first TIF I didn't have the opportunity and cleverness to avoid the outside stages. But qwiksXnd at least could talk me out of Sky Stage: As I know now it would have killed me, especially when having to line up hours before. And PASSPO at noon in the open sun - I am not Wota enough it seems.
Lining up for 15:45 Hot Stage (PASSPO, Dempagumi) was also terrible. I was there already 13:15, as I wanted to see Dorothy and Up Up before. But I had to stay in line right before PASSPO started !!! And yes, because of the biggest fault in organization: Entry was a maze, stages are just to small and in open sun, and the main failure: Every outside stage was available for non-ticket-holders! Not the first rows but anyway, made it impossible to get a good sight if there were too much "outsiders".
Grand Market was also completely in the sun. And as I wanted to buy a lot of merchandize and take part in events it added to the heat. But I don't think of TIF ever being NOT in the summer. As tsutomo explained to me, this is the holiday season in Japan and therefore the best time regarding attendance. But I would prefer another similar event in Spring or autumn, like qwiksXnd. Or if I have a chance for visiting again I choose indoor festival like Idol Koushien or @JAM. This will also avoid those damn schedule overlaps  :D

Didn't have the experience with the wristband though as I got me a regular tickets. But it sounds really "racist" :D

But anyway, TIF was in most parts a nice experience, especially with all the idols walking around the area. :) For me to see so many differnt groups, partially formerly unknown to me makes it worth the struggle. But will probably change my approach the next TIF, if I will be there.
A group that suprised me positively was プラニメ, although they always played one song 2 times (but a great one).

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »
1- yep I noticed you guys were trying to avoid me. as long as you stay 1 meter away from me, its completely safe, though. why there`s no love for the wotas with bad manners???  :cry:

2- as the american said that day, what saved the festival were the idols. at least from the shows I managed to see, most of them were great. except some Sakura Gakuin or Vanilla Beans shit I had to see cuz it was stuck between groups I like. but regarding the organization... I`d put this year TIF in the same level as Comiket. aka horrendous.

-too many outdoor stages where people without tickets could watch too. there were at least four indoor venues that could be used (Zepp, Zepp Divercity, Venus Church and Megaweb) but weren`t. why? the producers really want us to suffer, I guess. they were lucky this year we had no rain, otherwise this edition would have turned into an epic failure. in fact, one should think that using more indoor venues (where you need tickets to watch) is in their interest, but looks like they don`t care. maybe they want to accumulate some financial losses so they have a "good reason" for not realizing it again next year.  :roll:

-I will never understand why the fuck they use two elevators to go down from Sky Stage but only one to go up. it's made on purpose to discourage people wanting to go there, I guess. not only that, once you get in the middle of the way, why make people use the stairs instead of the other elevators that go till the rooftop where the stage is actually placed? the idols and staff use them but the audience... fuck the audience.

-moving the market and handshake area to a parking lot that has no sun protection and is farther away from most of the venues = brilliant.  :banghead: once again, it's made on purpose. they can't be THAT idiot, right?

-the maze to get in the main stage. why, just why? five minutes walk to get there... insane lines to get closer, where they had benches placed... a lot of blockades everywhere to separate the area and prevent moshing, I guess. the fact the main stage got placed in the middle of a theme park with lots of small kids, families and girls wanting to see an Exile exhibition is simply  :banghead:

-looks like each year they try to make the area bigger to ensure the audience to lose more and more time walking in the sun. well, let's set up some stages at Tokyo Disney next time. why not?

-I comprehend the organizers are people from TV Fuji behind Idoling!!! and all but... they set up dozens of collaboration shows between the group and others. which is nice, if you are an Idoling!!! fan. why just them? why so much focus in the group? now I understand why some famous groups decide to skip the festival, why serve yourself as mere stairway to Idoling!!!, right? they should just rename the festival to TOKYO IDOLING!!! FESTIVAL next year.  :P 

-I already complained a lot about the groups absent, so let's skip this part.

-it was kinda ironic they had put so severe checking before you enter the handshake area but had so few staffs and protection elsewhere. and since they had so many outdoor venues, they should have offered more toilets, maps of the area... I'm pretty sure some years ago they had maps and signs leading all the way, nowadays its almost nothing. I already know where things are located, but I imagine how it would be to someone going for the first time.

3- best and worst show, at the same time: last Passpo show at Smile Garden. flying penlights like when I saw Momokuro at Summersonic some years ago... I thought they would interrupt the performance because of that, specially since some reached the stage. serious moshing going near the stage. the german can say more about that.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:16:47 AM by tsutomo »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »
Crappy shaky recording of プラニア at Smile Garden but Saki runs into the crowd mid-song (second time) and gets lifted!

wattstax: I signed up for the site a long time ago and only recently started coming around again.

Had I known that the "Grand Finale" was just gonna be a bunch of Idoling!!! collabs, I probably would have stayed to watch Afilia, PASSPO etc. again. At least I got to see Team Makenki since I missed them on Saturday?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:03:31 PM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:36 PM »
In response to our brazilian friend :P
Yeah, I was standing in the front, 3rd row or something. And there was serious moshing. Someone knocked down my glasses and destroyed them. I never experienced that before, neither at PASSPO one man nor at TIF itself. Never will do that again. I prefer me standing at the sideline now :D
Damn TIF "fans"!

But great summary, tsutomo!

Offline jellypiece

• Loli's guardian
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »
Sakura gakuin  :heart: and my new idol group, Yumemiru adolescence  :twothumbs
idol all the way

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - KATSUDON IN in da house