JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Kurakura Dinner time

Author Topic: [News] Kanon Fukuda to Graduate Angerme and Hello!Project this Fall  (Read 8729 times)

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Announced on today's Hello!Station. English translation of her comments via the Up-Front English Facebook page:

To all the people who have always supported me.

I, Kanon Fukuda, have decided to graduate this fall from ANGERME as well as from Hello! Project.

Now that I became a member of S/mileage around 6 years ago, after the 3rd generation members joined and the group changed its name in order to become more powerful, I oriented myself to the thought of graduating. So after my graduation, I trust and feel relieve that the group would become bigger and bigger.

Then, as well as graduating from ANGERME this fall, I have decided to take a new road.
All of this came from me.

The remaining time until my graduation is quite limited but in order to not waste one day, I took a break from the university I was going to. Now I devote myself and rush to ANGERME’s activities until the end.

After my graduation I will go back to the university, and I will firmly study to graduate from the university, as well as for the work, going through new challenges, so please continue to support me.

2015/05/20
ANGERME
Kanon Fukuda

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Sakichy, Yuuka, now Kanon. Post- Please Miniskirt Postwoman Anger/me has been resembling a sinking ship more & more

Anger/mileage isn't Momusu with members graduating annually, why aren't they like C-ute + 2 added generations?

Guess being in a J-idol group has become just "something to pass the time while waiting to enter university" instead of a career choice?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
Sakichy, Yuuka, now Kanon. Post- Please Miniskirt Postwoman Anger/me has been resembling a sinking ship more & more

Anger/mileage isn't Momusu with members graduating annually, why aren't they like C-ute + 2 added generations?

Guess being in a J-idol group has become just "something to pass the time while waiting to enter university" instead of a career choice?

I think you're forgetting that C-ute had three of its original members leave too, so I wouldn't call Angerme a "sinking ship" by comparison. I think they even said that part of the reason that they decided to add the 3rd gen was so that the group would keep going after the original members were gone.

Plus Kanon has been going almost as long as the H!P kids if you count the time she was an egg

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Everyone knows that with the nature of how things are in the Japanese entertainment industry, idols have a "temporary shelf life" at best. The waves of popularity inevitably cycle/change as new, younger idols continuously enter the scene, thus (for lack of a better expression) pushing aside those who have been around for a while.

It has only been recently that idols have been able to have idol-related "careers" longer than, say 4 or 5 years on a fairly regular/consistent basis, which, if anything, makes them the exception to what has traditionally been the norm. Based on current trends, it would appear that being part of larger groups like H!P and/or the *48 conglomerate have helped in that regard, however, in the end, being an idol never really is a realistic, long-term "career" choice for these girls.  Many idols don't get the widespread/national popularity that they may initially be looking for, which can be disheartening/discouraging. If an idol is fortunate enough to get that popularity, then they have to deal with the grind of continuous, sometimes seemingly non-stop work schedules (concerts, TV appearances, etc.) that inevitably just wear them down/tire them out. And as is usually the case, as much as they may love being idols, at some point many of them eventually get new goals/dreams that they want to reach and acheive.

It has been said before and it'll be said again, although this (the inevitability of idol graduations) sucks for the fans, we do realize that in the end, she's doing what she feels is best for her, and it probably is the smart/better move in the long run.

Now with that being said, time for the obligatory fanboy reaction:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Didn't we all predict this would happen when the 3rd generation auditions were announced?

So it's not that unexpected, but still a little sad. Not as sad as it might be with some others, because I've had the feeling that she's not loving it for a while now, so it's like best for everyone involved. >_>

But who's now going to (deliciously) annoy fans??? :lol: What is wota in translation going to have for material? :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
But who's now going to (deliciously) annoy fans??? :lol: What is wota in translation going to have for material? :lol:

It seems Rinapuu has that covered.

But yeah, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner for Maro, but I could definitely see 3rd gen joining being the last straw. I remember enjoying her when she was younger/an egg, but it's soooo clear she wasn't into it anymore and was just so disillusioned.... so most of me is like "Good for her."

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
well I can probably see her in concert if possible when I head out to Japan in September :nervous

Good luck to her future!!
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
I was hoping that Maro would have a chance to unleash her idol angst in the variety circuit.    :(

Good luck, Kanon!  :heart:

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
My only surprise is that Dawa didn't decide to leave first. Like others have said Kanon and Dawa said that they wanted to add the 3rd gen so that the group would be fine when they graduated. Guess in Kanon's case she meant immediately. I definitely got the feeling that someone would be graduating soon since they wanted to change the name as well... Sucks to be right though. I guess Kanon just could not continue without her beloved Berryz Kobo

Only good thing is that I'll be living in Japan by this time so hopefully I can see them as a 9-people group a few times before she leaves!

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Let's get some standard reactions out of the way first:

THIS NEWS ANGERS ME! GET IT BECAUSE ANGERME 8)

Indeed, it was the sharing of this nickname with the stage name of the late Chris Klucsarits--as well as her resemblance to Ai Kago--that sparked my initial attention towards Kanon Fukuda when I first joined the fandom. And hey, I was also one of many who reluctantly suspected a possible graduation upon the news of S/mileage's member addition and name change last year...but it always sucks to see such a suspicion finally come to fruition. I don't remember who I predicted would leave first between her and Dawa, but in retrospect this feels like it makes more sense somehow (especially going by comments I've seen about Kanon seeming ready to quit already).

Sadly I haven't paid much attention to her recently, but I suppose I should start fixing that during her final months in H!P. :sweatdrop:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [News] Kanon Fukuda to Graduate Angerme and Hello!Project this Fall
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 05:41:34 AM »
So no only Dawa's next, but it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN?

Guess A/ngerme is transitioning to the MoMusu-style of annual adding generations & member graduations; and it seems the only alternative the management can foresee for a H!P group to total disband like Berryz
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
ANGERME's Fukuda Kanon to graduate from the group and Hello! Project
May 22, 2015

ANGERME (formerly S/mileage) member Fukuda Kanon announced that she would graduate from the group and Hello! Project. She made the announcement on Hello! Project's YouTube program "Hello! Sta#118", which was released on May 20.

Fukuda also released her comment on ANGERME's official site. She wrote regarding her graduation, "Now that it's been about 6 years since I joined S/mileage, I began facing sincerely with a big theme, graduation. When I thought about it, I felt confident and sense of security that ANGERME would be a much better group even after I graduated as it's quite powerful now with the joining of the third generation members and changing our group name."

Fukuda revealed that her graduation would be sometime this fall and that she decided to take a leave from school until her graduation in order for her to focus on ANGERME's activities. After graduating from the group and Hello! Project, she said, "I will return to school, and while concentrating on study, I will also try out new things enthusiastically, so please continue to support me."

Source: natalie
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2015/05/angermes-fukuda-kanon-to-graduate-from-the-group-and-hello-project-
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/147885

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 01:53:13 PM »
From angerme_english's Twitter, translating a post from angerme_upfront's Twitter:
Fukuda Kanon will pursue a career as a lyricist after her graduation! She has already started studying for it.
[福田 Blog] わたしは作詞家を目指します!:
- http://ameblo.jp/angerme-kanonfukuda/entry-12031119535.html
- https://twitter.com/angerme_upfront/status/602887893686689792
- https://twitter.com/angerme_english/status/603091473609797632
- https://twitter.com/angerme_upfront/status/602887893686689792
- http://ameblo.jp/angerme-kanonfukuda/entry-12031119535.html

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »
^
Errr...that IS Tsunku's job right? So The Man's retiring?

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 06:58:50 PM »
These two girls have been incredible, no matter what's been
thrown at them...

If a few years from now you see a curator at a museum talking
to a lyricist about preparing some musical advertisements for a big art show,
Know Ye that there are
Angels in the room!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
From angerme_english's Twitter:
11/29 ANGERME Nippon Budokan Fukuda Kanon graduation concert
- https://twitter.com/angerme_english/status/603167965375148032

From Up-Front Link's Twitter:
[EN] Kanon Fukuda final on November 29th at Budokan & new triple-A single on July 22th! Report to come later
- https://twitter.com/UpFrontLink/status/603215527285141505

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »
ANGERME's Fukuda Kanon to hold her graduation concert in November at Nippon Budokan
May 27, 2015

ANGERME will hold a solo concert on November 29 at Nippon Budokan. This will serve as member Fukuda Kanon's graduation concert.

This announcement was made on May 26 during the encore of ANGERME's concert 'ANGERME STARTING LIVE TOUR SPECIAL @ Nippon Budokan: Taiki Bansei' at Nippon Budokan. On her graduation concert, Fukuda commented, "It's been decided that my graduation concert will be held at this Nippon Budokan. It's not a stage that we can easily stand on, so I am genuinely happy that I can hold my last live at this place."

She continued, "After graduating from ANGERME, I want to study songwriting, but until November 29, I want to bet everything on ANGERME. Then after graduation, I will return to school, study songwriting, and hope that one day everyone will see my lyrics. I will continue running until the very end!"

- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2015/05/angermes-fukuda-kanon-to-hold-her-graduation-concert-in-november-at-nippon-budokan
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/148506

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
TokyoGirlsUpdate.com - It’s Now Official! Kanon Fukuda’s (Angerme) Last Single Will Be Released In November!
- http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/kanon-fukuda-last-20150857309.html

EDIT:
ANGERME announce Fukuda Kanon's last single
August 28, 2015

It's been revealed that ANGERME will release a new single (currently untitled) on November 4.

This will be member Fukuda Kanon's last single as she will be graduating from ANGERME on November 29 after their Nippon Budokan concert. The group made the new single announcement on August 27 during the 4th stop of their tour "ANGERME Live Tour 2015 SUMMER/AUTUMN ~FIGHTING NINE~" at HEAVEN'S ROCK Saitama Shintoshin VJ-3.

On stage, Fukuda said, "When I think about how the days of releasing CDs were the norm will be ending soon, I feel a little lonely even though I said I will have no regrets graduating. I will do my best to leave some kind of evidence that I was a member of the group in order to create a single that will make everyone glad that Fukuda Kanon was a part of ANGERME." 

The single's title and other details will be revealed at a later date.

- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2015/08/angerme-announce-fukuda-kanons-last-single
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/158372
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 02:39:50 AM by JFC »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Kurakura Dinner time