JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: hitomi - yume hakonda randoseru

Author Topic: The Ladylove Art Thread - Post Your Artwork Here  (Read 30438 times)

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Ladylove Art Thread - Post Your Artwork Here
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 06:10:32 PM »
the actual photo ended on the top like that, which is what I found unique which is why I chose it
WORD!!
That is a great shot, and can see why you chose it..

You have lots of talent..

Thanks for sharing your artwork with us!!

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
Thank you Guchi_Jnr ^^

here's more  :grin:

This is Ayumi done in 2007

This is Aya Ueto again also done in 2007 ^^

And finally this is Chiaki aka GOGO from kill bill ^^ also done in 2007

Offline hideki8394

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 04:31:19 PM »
Do u have any hand drawn pencil art? cos I prefer that to the computer stuff  :D

I do have lots of hand drawn drawings made with pencil, color pencil and other techniques. But I really like computer made illustrations and right now I'm trying to improve my skills. We don't have the same taste concerning art but we sure have the same taste concerning girls! Asian beauty is truly fascinating!! Your drawings actually gave me an idea, they inspired me. I'd like to try something in a more traditional way like yours. The problem is right now I'm very busy and I still need to finished the illutration I posted last time, so it might take a while until it's done.

A few more drawings.

The first is Aya Ueto, it is regarded (not by me) as my best drawing I have ever done, it was done in 2006 and took around a month, lol

That drawing is beautiful. Her facial expression, her look over the shoulder, the composition (close up and with a hint of chest at the bottom), the hair in front of her face waving in the gentle breeze, I could go on and on... All this contributes to make this a beautiful and poetic drawing. I'm not a huge fan of Aya Ueto but I really like this one. By the way it must have been a beautiful photo in the first place...
The other drawings of Namie Amuro and BoA are so so. I don't feel anything looking at them, but it may be just me...

This drawing is Hwang Mi Hee, maybe my current fave gal at the moment, and it's one of my fave drawings I did last year ^^

I like her aswell, especially her cute facial expressions, which you unfortunately didn't draw... I don't like the composition, but it's not that bad either.

Thank you Guchi_Jnr ^^

here's more  :grin:

This is Ayumi done in 2007

This is Aya Ueto again also done in 2007 ^^

And finally this is Chiaki aka GOGO from kill bill ^^ also done in 2007

Again, I think Aya Ueto's picture is the best of the 3. There's something about her look, I can't tell exactly what, but it's fascinating and SO SEXY!! The reflections in her beautiful big eyes are excellent (especially in her left eye). You even drew the photographer reflected in her pupils!

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 04:33:57 PM »
Thanks again for ur feedback its very much appreciated ^^

Yes you can never go wrong with Asian Women as a drawing subject, the beautiful pics available are virtually endless ^^

This is Maki again done around 2006 ^^

This is Miss Ziyi, I found the ref amazingly beautiful I had to draw one myself ^^ done in 2007

This is Aya Ueto again, she is just so cute ^^ done in 2008

And this is what I am currently working on, I think I would need another week to finish it ^^

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
Damn, that's lookin' good. I love that Hwang Mi Hee one the most.

Offline hideki8394

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »

This is Aya Ueto again, she is just so cute ^^ done in 2008

I'm quite busy right now so I won't post anything new this week either... Nevertheless I'll comment your pictures.
Again, I think the Aya Ueto picture is the best of the 3!! Aya Ueto is one of those rare women who look extremely attractive with either short or long hair. Nao Nagasawa is another one...

I like Zhang ZiYi's picture too, except this kind of sepia tone but that's probably because I don't like sepia tone pictures at all.
If you compare the Maki picture with Aya Ueto's picture you can see how much better you've become in 2 years! It's a great progress!

And this is what I am currently working on, I think I would need another week to finish it ^^

I'm not sure but I guess she's one of my favourite J-Pop singers. This is... Namie Amuro! (Right?!)

I want to ask you something. I've been wondering about it quite a while and couldn't figure out how to do it. Well, how do you manage to draw those tiny white hairs on top of the other hairs (which you can particularly see in the Hwang Mi Hee picture). Do you erase? Do you use something white?? 

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »
Cheers arun  :twothumbs

Thanks again for ur feedback hideki, yep I am drawing Namie, i really like her facial features, not to mention her great songs ^^

About those white hairs, I use a pencil eraser, I know a few other artist who cut a normal eraser to get a fine edge, but its definitely easier with a pencil eraser..

I finally finished Miss Amuro, took near 3 weeks  :D

Another Aya done in 2006, it seems like I'm obsessed with drawing her, lol..

Another Ayu done last year, I should have drawn this one Landscape, so I could draw the back of her head..

Offline hideki8394

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 11:36:43 PM »
I was right! Yeah, Namie's music is great!

About those white hairs, I use a pencil eraser, I know a few other artist who cut a normal eraser to get a fine edge, but its definitely easier with a pencil eraser..

And I thought it was a very sophisticated technique... Thanks a lot, it will be helpful for my next artwork.

I finally finished Miss Amuro, took near 3 weeks  :D
Another Aya done in 2006, it seems like I'm obsessed with drawing her, lol...
Another Ayu done last year, I should have drawn this one Landscape, so I could draw the back of her head..
Well, I've got nothing special to say about your drawings. Namie's drawing is great, but it's not your best. I think Ayu's drawing is just fine like that. The framing is perfect, there's no need for a landscape format.

Here's an artwork I posted a while ago. Since I changed a few things and left out the censorship, I thought I'd post it again. I feel like her nipples don't look quite right. Any suggestions from experts?

Then there's the maid, I finally finished it. It was (believe it or not) very challenging. I'm not too disappointed with the overall result, except for the hair which looks awful... Comments are highly welcome.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:24:34 PM by hideki8394 »

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 04:56:51 AM »
^Her right nipple is facing the wrong direction. It should be pointing more towards the left of the page so the areola is more elliptical and more of the side of the nipple is visible. Also, I don't think there would be a highlight on the right side of her left breast. The light is coming from the top-right of the page, but the left boob's highlight is on the opposite side. I don't know about the shadow by her left armpit. I don't think there would be a shadow like that with the light from the top left, but I don't have a way to check it right now.

With the maid's hair, the rendering on her right is done the same way as the hair that is further back. I t makes that bit of hair that is forward look like that whole piece is falling back when it would be going forward.

I'll try to draw some more girlies soon. I've been drawing other stuff for classes so I haven't done much drawing other than that.

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 09:01:37 AM »
wow, its almost embarrasing to post stuff when KLSADAKO is around  :bow:
been following your works for years now (in deviantart)... actually one of the reasons i started to draw idols/gravure was seeing your stuff...

anyways.. here's a quick doodle i did 30mins ago

airi nakajima

been a LONG WHILE since i've drawn 'serious' stuff, she looks liek animu

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline hideki8394

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »
^Her right nipple is facing the wrong direction. It should be pointing more towards the left of the page so the areola is more elliptical and more of the side of the nipple is visible. Also, I don't think there would be a highlight on the right side of her left breast. The light is coming from the top-right of the page, but the left boob's highlight is on the opposite side. I don't know about the shadow by her left armpit. I don't think there would be a shadow like that with the light from the top left, but I don't have a way to check it right now.

Thanks arun.yothin! I don't know why, but after you've pointed the mistakes out it made them so obvious! I think I'm going to correct those mistakes and repost the picture.

For the maid, you're right too. I had a lot of trouble with the hair. Maybe I'll correct it someday...

Hi roninbuddha! I visited your blog and I really like our stuff! Especially the first 2 pictures in your blog. The first one reminds me of Hiroko from mihimaru GT (I love that girl!!) and the 2nd one looks like Mika Nakashima... That Airi Nakajima picture is nice too, so keep up the good work!

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »
hiya roninbuddha, I'm glad I can inspire u to draw, I had a look at ur blog as well, and u have some nice stuff ^^

A few more random drawings ^^

This is Miss Hwang Mi Hee again done last year ^^

This is former VOX Miss Lee Hee Jin done in 2005 ^^

And finally this is Hyori done in 2006 ^^

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 05:27:13 AM »
this isn't gravure.. but more of idols... oh well. unfinished... hope to finish by tom.

kashiyuka, perfume.

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 03:53:20 AM »
Cool stuff, ronin. I think I remember seeing some other drawings you did a while. Some KoF stuff, I think?

I whipped up some sketches to put in the MM scrapbook last weekend. Originally I wanted to go more cartoony, but this is how they came out. I was already over the deadline so I just stuck with what came out. Some are a little wonky(I think Ai's is the worst), but overall I was pretty happy with some aspects of these. There's at least one thing bugging me on all of them. It's been a little while since I drew something for myself. I could never get likenesses to work for me, but the portrait class I've been taking has definitely helped me. It was easier to pick out features the were important to each girl's look.

While doing these, I started to break out of my habit of always going back trying to fix things and making them worse. For the most part I worked one until I was satisfied then went on to the next. The only time I went back was to adjust a few values to bring a little more unity to the way I handled some features, particularly the hair.

I wasn't too sure of how I wanted to do it in the beginning and I think it shows. I was surprised by how these turned out. Usually when I do a series like this, I make the mistake of doing my favorite first (Like Sayu) then losing steam as I start on the ones I care less about (Like JunJun). The first ones look the best and the last look slapped together. These drawings were pretty much the opposite. I did Sayu first and consider hers my least favorite behind Ai. JunJun is one of my favorites, along with Risa and Koharu, although I don't think it looks much like her, I still like it as a drawing.

The more I look at these, the more mistakes I'm noticing. I had fun doing these though.

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 09:01:01 AM »
Awesome, thanks for posting these, arun.  I saw these in the scrapbook and I meant to snap some good pictures of them, but I never got the chance.  I really like the Reina one too (hahah, biased), hurrah for wonkiness!

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 05:54:20 AM »
Its been a while since I posted anything, so heres a few more ^^

This is Jun done last year ^^

This is Miho also done last year ^^

This is Ayu done in 2007 ^^

And this is what I'm working on atm ^^

Offline KLSADAKO

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 05:16:35 AM »
Thought I'll add a few more drawings before this thread sinks to the bottom of the sea..

The Aoi twins, very lovely looking ladies ^^

And miss Hee, probably my fave Gal at the moment ^^

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 05:48:04 AM »
KLSADAKO to the rescue!

I haven't done many girly drawings lately. Right now I'm gonna be doing some Olivia Munn drawings for a jam at forum. I'm gonna do at least one in watercolor. I've just been messing around with some stuff, trying to figure some things out.

Top-left is from some perfume ad, I think. Top-right is for reference in a pic I'm trying of Kurohime. Bottom-left is from Eldon Dedini. Next to that is Tracy Mark Lee's Holly Starlight. The other girl is from a pic of Jenn-Anh Nguyen.

Left is based on a drawing by Bill Presing. Been trying to do some cartoony stuff. I've been trying for a while, but I've been looking at some other people and trying different things. Right is just something from my head, I think. Bottom is one of the Olivia poses I'm gonna do. I didn't cut her feet off, the scanner did.

Offline hideki8394

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
I haven't drawn much lately... But that's going to change!

arun.yothin, your last drawings are really interesting, your drawing skills really improved!
And KLSADAKO, your drawings are... Well... Like always, they are great.

This time I tried something new, something without Photoshop or Illustrator! It's a portrait of Mikie Hara and I must say, I'm quite disappointed with the result... I made a huge mistake and that was to draw it on a small A4 sheet of paper!!! It was impossible to get a high level of detail like KLSADAKO drawings. In addition the subtle shadows didn't get scanned very well, the real drawing on paper looks a little better, actually.

I don't like it, I didn't enjoy doing it either, but at least a gave it a try. I won't probably do any more portraits for a while...

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »
With all my messin' around and trying things, I realized I was dodging some problem areas in the process. Most of the time I just feel like sketching in random spurts, and a lot of drawings don't go much further than the early stages. I haven't done any painting at all since a little while after my class ended. I still want to do the Olivia pic and a few others. I'm going to at least start them today.

Here are two I did recently.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: hitomi - yume hakonda randoseru