JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - MI DA RA matenrou

Author Topic: [04/17] Morning Musume 53rd single [Brainstorming / Kimisae Ireba Nanimo Iranai]  (Read 33604 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: [04/17] Morning Musume 53rd single [Brainstorming]
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 02:12:09 AM »
10 AM JST? That would be NOW!

I still kinda prefer "Brainstorming" more, but I'm liking this more than I thought I would with the trance influence. This single is shaping up to be really nice.

I'm on the fence about those outfits--maybe if they weren't so frilly I'd like them more, but I guess they're okay, maybe.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 02:15:58 AM »
RAW FIRST REACTION: 2,000 PEOPLE ON THE DANCE FLOOR

POST VIDEO VIEWING: military salute and march formation precision + frilly yellow dresses = hypnotizing.

Kuduu's cap was weird with the dress but I kinda like it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:34:14 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 02:49:27 AM »
the dresses make me think of the 1920's for some reason lol. I think I  prefer this song over brainstorming

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 04:25:55 AM »
I really do hope this is a double A-side since the two songs are so different but cool at the same time. I'm still liking Brainstorming more but I like this one too and I've only listened to it once so far so who knows. When the song started I was kinda like ughhh but by the end I was into it lol. I especially appreciated the 2000 PEOPLE ON THE DANCE FLOOR!

As for the outfits I don't really have a problem with the yellow flapper dresses it's more of how they accessorized it I guess. I feel like with dresses like that they would look better with more delicate things like heels instead of boots but obviously those would be harder to dance in. And maybe not use the fingerless gloves they've become so fond of. Argghh it's like my feelings for Onna ga Medatte Naze Ikenai all over again lol (those red boots were horrible but the heels they wore in the video were perfect). This also goes for Duu's cap but I'm all for that since she has found her thing and is sticking with it lol.

Also I love Maachan's hair in this. She looks so mature.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:32:56 AM by CrypticShadow8 »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 04:36:51 AM »
http://t.co/000wm3hdx8

Tsunku's blog entry. It's going to be a double A-side. Can't translate now cos on my phone and still handling family issues. Hopefully someone can do it!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Morning Musume 53rd tracklist confirmed

It is now confirmed to be a double a-side, with both Brainstorming and Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Irenai being featured on every version. The order of the a-sides and the instrumental you get flip-flops depending on the version

The official title of the single is “Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Irenai”.

While the rumors about the a-sides were true, the b-sides were incorrect. The real b-sides:

Regular A - Rock no Teiki (Reina graduation ver, solo song)
    Regular B~Limited C - A B C D E-cha E-cha Shitai (All members)
    Regular D - Tokimeku Tokimeke (Sayumi, Mizuki, Erina, Haruna, Ayumi)
    Regular E - Itsumo to Onaji Seifuku de (Riho, Kanon, Masaki, Haruka, Oda)

http://haropro-spam.tumblr.com/post/45236626179/morning-musume-53rd-tracklist-confirmed

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
Now that I've listened to the whole song, I love it! GJ, Tsunku! :twothumbs

Still hate the outfits though... :catglare:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Whoa the beginning of this song is so weird. But it gets better, so whatevs. :lol:

The outfits work well with the choreography :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
I do not like the yellow dresses, I feel that it's a clash between the type of the song and the dresses. They would work much better with a slower song.
 I would rather see some kind of pop kei-outfits. It would have been cool if they were in different Harajuku styles =D Or some uniform with that march-style dance.

Still like Brainstorming much more.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Translated one half of Tsunku's incredibly long blog post about the 53rd single. Too tired to continue. I haven't slept in 24 hours and just came back from a funeral. Here, take this while I go to sleep first. I'll translate the other half when I wake up.

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11489336534.html (the entry)
==================================================

Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai

This is Morning Musume's 53rd single!

This will be the last single Tanaka Reina will be participating in before her graduation, so in order to match up to the occasion I have slated this as a double A-side release! Also, there are many types of b-sides in addition to the different versions, so look forward to that as well!

-> Brainstorming
The loose shot version of this song was first released on Youtube at the end of February. With an intense dance routine and an impactful tune, it's a song with the strongest sense of BEAT (rhythm?) among songs of this type. It will likely the kind of song that stirs up the atmosphere during live performances.

Additionally, we have deliberately picked the most interesting parts of previous performances and brushed them up for this choreography on purpose. The choreographer is Yoshiko-sensei.

Since two A-sides are being released this time, Yoshiko-sensei had initially intended to make only slight modifications to the choreography from one song to the next, but after several preparatory meetings with Yoshiko-sensei to discuss the details, I managed to get her to focus on each song as a complete work on its own instead of simply coming up with one routine and modifying it to fit each song.

For Brainstorming we wanted a more forceful, intense feel as well as formation changes that would remind us of previous works. It was very difficult to be able to work all that in, and the number of production meetings we had for Brainstorming naturally exceeded the ones we had that focused on Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai.

The theme for it was to allow the good dancers to show off even more of their dance ability. So naturally Sayashi and Ishida were able to really shine in their element here.

With a title like "Brainstorming", it's a call for us to gather the best minds together to exchange ideas and somehow break free of the quagmire that Japan has found itself stuck in! Or at least, that's what I hope will happen when I came up with the title. Even though I thought of titling it "Buresto" at first, I finally settled on "Brainstorming" instead.

It is not simply only a song carrying positive lyrics, but it also originated from my desire to encompass issues I wanted the members to consider seriously about themselves. More than just working hard every day, we Japanese need to set aside our excessive modesty and humility and actually push ourselves forward with all we have in order to improve our situation. For the lyrics, I also imagined this attempt (to break free and push forward) as a success story in the end, which is why at the end the lyrics end with "I knew something good would happen".

--> Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai
This really is a song about love. But it's really more about the universal quality of love between human beings. Like how the dramatic potential of our ordinary lives actually exceeds what is shown in television dramas, with natural disasters and more mundane troubles being just one part of the ups and downs that make up our lives.

Because there are fearful things in the world, lovers are then able to come together. But one must also hold the image of the coming together of hearts and minds among our family members and friends as well, while listening to this song. Of course, you can also substitute the members of Morning Musume into your imagination of the theme of the song.

As a capitalist country Japan logically should prize "freedom" above all. However, the reality is that we are bound by all kinds of rules, to the point where one has to wonder "what freedom do we have at all?". I think this is probably extremely true during our adolescent years, as applied to things like school and our teachers at the time.

However, after growing up, we often find ourselves thinking "that's just how things are", or "we just have to adapt to the situation", and we end up buying into the self-contradictory hypocrisy of the world around us. If our hearts had remained pure, we should have thought "why is this wrong?" or even "why is this not allowed?". So for this song, I wanted to portray an image of the Morning Musume members with pure hearts, who are sincerely hoping that "as long as you are here with me, I need nothing else" (Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai's translated meaning). So, something like "I don't need things like freedom as long as I have you."

However, no matter how absurd things get, the sun continues shining down on us. In a way this is a blessing of sorts upon our lives. It was with this message in mind that I composed this song, to try and convey this thinking to the members themselves. Insofar as this is directed at the members, my intention was for them to understand the true meaning of the song, and in singing it therefore be able to translate their understanding of the message to the rest of the world.

I believe the melody is something you can hear change bit by bit, with the main tune carrying all sort of unusual overtones as it progresses. The vacancy of the melody at the chorus probably invokes an expansive feeling that may seem strange at first, but in my mind I was imagining the vastness of the universe and how it would translate into a song when I was composing.

As for the dance, instead of the usual smooth flow of the choreography where the entire routine is a unified whole, this dance has a segregated feeling of a book being opened and turned page by page, with a sort of staggered progression. The dance itself is widely spaced, and there is a point where the formation changes into a rotating cross-like shape that approximates the vastness of space and the universe. For the ending of the chorus, I imagined it as if they were swans frolicking among the hyacinths at sunrise, to convey an image of innocence and playfulness. This is a dance that needs 11 people to perform, which I hope others will do so as well. The choreographer is Yoshiko-sensei as well.

===========================================================

Do try to forgive any errors. My brain is fried after 2 days of being at a funeral wake. >_> Goodnight!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Rest well Estrea!!

Honestly I find it mad impressive that anyone is able to translate/follow Tsunku's train of thought to begin with. :lol: "I imagined it as if they were swans frolicking among the hyacinths at sunrise, to convey an image of innocence and playfulness." I mean sure it kinda makes sense, but Tsunku. Never change. :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab

I believe the melody is something you can hear change bit by bit, with the main tune carrying all sort of unusual overtones as it progresses.

Aaaaah, I knew there was something weird with that melody!!! Now I must find some time to transcribe it and check what's going on because this is most interesting.

Also, 2000 people on the dance floor... I so want to see that. :D

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Same as always, I'm liking Brainstorming much more after a few listens. I'm slow. :P

Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai's notes just jump all over the place. It's different :) I think both songs will be great for concerts.
I'm kinda getting dizzy from the heavy formation switching in the PV though.
In other words, my brain just cannot handle watching 11 girls dancing in yellow skirts at the same time. 10 maybe, but 11... :banghead:

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
2,000 people on the dance floor? More like

I can't get Kimi sae ireba out of my head now, damn.
rina ♥ mini

Offline Rayle

• Member+
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :cow:

Kimisae is so much mad genius. SERIOUSLY. Every time you think you know where the melody is going Tsunku either subverts expectations, or puts some sort of spanner in the works that fucks with all pop conventionality. I am so going to be transcribing this fucker and listing all of the ridiculousness in music theory terms at some point.

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
Tentative lyrics from 2ch

僕たちは【道重石田】 自由だろう【譜久村工藤】  なのに窮屈だ【田中小田】
あれはダメ【生田佐藤】 それはまだ【鈴木飯窪】 悔しくなるよ【鞘師】

恋して苦しさを知って【田中佐藤】 愛の尊さを知って【道重鞘師】 優しさを肌で感じて【譜久村石田】
夢見て努力を覚えて【田中生田佐藤】 挫折と孤独を学んで【道重鞘師飯窪】 自分のスケールを悟って【譜久村鈴木石田】

あんなに怯えてたあの日のことを忘れてしまうの?【田中】 心から誓った真夜中二人強く抱き合った【小田】(石田)
WOW【道重】 WOW【飯窪】 WOW【道重飯窪】

君さえ居たなら何も要らない【】 この子の笑顔を誰も奪っちゃダメ【田中佐藤】
時が変わっても僕は変わんない【】 ゆっくり目をつぶり口づけさ【鞘師】
太陽が今日もまた美しく顔を出す【】 WOW WOW【】 まるで僕たちを祝福してるように【】

僕たちは【道重石田】 希望だろう【譜久村工藤】 次の未来の【鞘師小田】
時にミス【生田佐藤】 時に挫折【鈴木飯窪】 そして成長【田中】

恋して苦しさを知って【譜久村石田】 愛の尊さを知って【田中佐藤】 優しさを肌で感じて【道重鞘師】
夢見て努力を覚えて【譜久村石田工藤】 挫折と孤独を学んで【田中佐藤小田】 自分のスケールを学んで【道重鞘師飯窪】

目をキラキラさせて僕に語った君の将来図は【石田】 ただ聴いてるだけで胸が熱くなり泣きそうになった【譜久村】(小田)

君さえ居たなら何も要らない【】 僕らの将来は誰にも決められない【道重鞘師】
年を重ねても愛は変わんない【】 もう1度最初から口づけさ【小田】
I LOVE YOU を今日もまた優しくささやいた【】 WOW WOW【】 二人の現実が真実となるように【】

あんなに怯えてたあの日のことを忘れてしまうの?【鞘師】 心から誓った真夜中二人強く抱き合った【田中】(譜久村)

君さえ居たなら何も要らない【】 この子の笑顔を誰も奪っちゃダメ【譜久村石田】
時が変わっても僕は変わんない【】 ゆっくり目をつぶり口づけさ【田中】
太陽が今日もまた美しく顔を出す【】 WOW WOW【】 まるで僕たちを祝福してるように【】

Bokutachi wa [Michishige Ishida] jiyūdarou [Fukumura Kudō]nanoni kyūkutsuda [Tanaka Oda]
Are wa dame [Ikuta Satō] sore wa mada [Suzuki Īkubo] kuyashiku naru yo [saya-shi]

Koishite kurushi-sa o shitte [Tanaka Satō] ai no tōto-sa o shitte [Michishige saya-shi] yasashi-sa o hada de kanjite [Fukumura Ishida]
Yumemite doryoku o oboete [Tanaka Ikuta Satō] zasetsu to kodoku o manande [Michishige saya-shi Īkubo] jibun no sukēru o satotte [Fukumura Suzuki Ishida]

An'nani obie teta ano hi no koto o wasureteshimau no? [Tanaka] kokorokara chikatta mayonaka ni-ri tsuyoku dakiatta [Oda] (Ishida)
WOW [Michishige] WOW [Īkubo] WOW [Michishige Īkubo]

Kimi sae itanara nani mo iranai [ ] kono-ko no egao o dare mo ubatcha dame [Tanaka Satō]
Toki ga kawatte mo boku wa kawan'nai [ ] yukkuri me o tsuburi kuchidzuke-sa [saya-shi]
Taiyō ga kyōmomata utsukushiku kaowodasu [ ] WOW WOW [ ] marude bokutachi o shukufuku shi teru yō ni [ ]

Bokutachi wa [Michishige Ishida] kibōdarou [Fukumura Kudō] tsugi no mirai no [saya-shi Oda]
Tokini misu [Ikuta Satō]-ji ni zasetsu [Suzuki Īkubo] soshite seichō [Tanaka]

Koishite kurushi-sa o shitte [Fukumura Ishida] ai no tōto-sa o shitte [Tanaka Satō] yasashi-sa o hada de kanjite [Michishige saya-shi]
Yumemite doryoku o oboete [Fukumura Ishida Kudō] zasetsu to kodoku o manande [Tanaka Satō Oda] jibun no sukēru o manande [Michishige saya-shi Īkubo]

Me o kirakira sa sete boku ni katatta kimi no shōrai zu wa [Ishida] tada kii teru dake de mune ga atsuku nari naki-sō ni natta [fukumura] (Oda)

Kimi sae itanara nani mo iranai [ ] bokura no shōrai wa darenimo kimerarenai [Michishige saya-shi]
Toshi o kasanete mo ai wa kawan'nai [ ] mō 1-do saisho kara kuchidzuke-sa [Oda]
Airabuyū o kyōmomata yasashiku sasayaita [ ] WOW WOW [ ] futari no genjitsu ga shinjitsu to naru yō ni [ ]

An'nani obie teta ano hi no koto o wasureteshimau no? [Saya-shi] kokorokara chikatta mayonaka ni-ri tsuyoku dakiatta [Tanaka] (fukumura)

Kimi sae itanara nani mo iranai [ ] kono-ko no egao o dare mo ubatcha dame [Fukumura Ishida]
Toki ga kawatte mo boku wa kawan'nai [ ] yukkuri me o tsuburi kuchidzuke-sa [Tanaka]
Taiyō ga kyōmomata utsukushiku kaowodasu [ ] WOW WOW [ ] marude bokutachi o shukufuku shi teru yō ni [ ]

#jplop

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :cow:

Kimisae is so much mad genius. SERIOUSLY. Every time you think you know where the melody is going Tsunku either subverts expectations, or puts some sort of spanner in the works that fucks with all pop conventionality. I am so going to be transcribing this fucker and listing all of the ridiculousness in music theory terms at some point.

Please do it. I tried to check some points of the song yesterday and it drove me crazy. I think the melody starts at D minor but I'm not sure what it's doing afterwards.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Gaiz I'm back~ That took forever to translate because Tsunku is fricking long winded. Still awesome, but longwinded.

THE SECOND HALF OF HIS LONGASS ENTRY!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--> A B C D E-cha E-cha Shitai
This is sung by all 11 members. As the singing parts are very minutely divided, the members each take center stage in rounds. As a result, this is a song full of character.

This song is set during the transition of the first stages (the honeymoon phase?) of love into the middle stages, but basically it still talks about how the passion is still hot in the relationship. The style for this song is still strongly dance-based, and with the choreography being cute, funny and cool at the same time, it will likely heat up the live stages! Do enjoy this song as well!

DO (Kuduu, or Duu) has a very outstanding part in this song, so watch out for it as well!

--> Tokimeku Tokimeke
This is sung by Michishige, Fukumura, Ikuta, Iikubo and Ishida. Apart from the graduating Tanaka, these are the 5 members who are high school age and above (note: Ikuta will be entering high school in April, someone actually tweeted Tsunku to ask why she's part of this song since she's still a middle school student right now).

While this is also a lively dance tune, it is also about the desire to live strongly amidst the loneliness of everyday life, even though one is unable to do so well. It describes the feelings of a person who, while witnessing the success at which other people are handling the demands of the world, feels lonely and isolated. However, the desire is still to live an exciting and positive life, so that's what this song is about!

For Michishige, ever since she has gotten more solo numbers and duets to participate in, her confidence seems to have increased and she has been singing well lately. Also, she has a good sense of rhythm and clear enunciation, so while I was editing her audio track I was able to easily see the wave patterns. This is not something a person who cannot project their voice can do, and with her inherent sense of rhythm plus all the experience she has been getting lately, Michishige truly has improved and is starting to sound great I think.

Fukumura's dancing has gotten really sharp lately. Paired with her singing, this sharpness is further enhanced when she performs. While her looks conveys a princess-like feel, in truth she's actually a very aggressive girl (word he used: seme *cough*), and this will only increase as she grows older I believe! As a girl who has loved Hello! Project for a long time before, and as someone who loves Morning Musume as well now, she would likely become a central part of the group as she develops. Even in this song I can already sense her strength.

Ikuta really is a very interesting girl, and from my point of view she's always full of surprises, and often does things I cannot even imagine could happen, so it's always interesting for me. I have no idea if Ikuta will go forward or slide backward in her future as part of Morning Musume, but of course I believe she will improve. I believe she can take advantage of her own surprising nature and continue on growing. After all she has a very honest and straightforward character, which is wonderful, and it shows in her singing as well.

Iikubo has really improved a lot. The quality of her voice was originally good, but as she learns how to use the microphone properly, her voice has really come out even more strongly. While her dance cannot be said to be extremely good, she is still able to dance in a way that only Iikubo herself could do, which as part of Morning Musume is a very good thing, since it shows off her character in a unique way. I hope that she will continue as her stoic self from now on, without needing anyone to come in to rescue her, and be able to accept anything that comes. I always enjoy the kind of questions poses to me as they are always interesting and never misses their mark.

Ishida has truly become more refined. Well she originally was a very aggressive girl by nature, but it is finally only really showing now. If she continues working on her singing as well as her dancing skills, she will surely become the backbone of Morning Musume's performances. Without slacking and operating at 120% capacity, a year or two from now she will surely be one of the upcoming aces among Japanese artistes in the future. She already has the potential, the rest is just up to her own hard work. She has also come to speak up for herself, and as long as she remains able to speak honestly she will surely be able to define her character that way as well.

--> Itsumo Onnaji Seifuku de
is sung by Sayashi, Suzuki, Sato, Kudo and Oda.

This song is about a girl who is right in the middle of her first love. For a girl who is flush in the first year of her love, I expect that she would eagerly anticipate meeting up with her lover after school every day. I wanted to convey the feeling of how their time apart feels like forever, but when they are able to the time passes far too quickly, the story of two young lovers, so I delegated this song to be sung by the younger half of the group.

For Sayashi, her character really is awkward by nature. However, recently she has become more honest about talking about herself, and that is a relief to see. It was worrying to see how she was always pretending to be bright and friendly; and even though she wasn't especially trying to hide her awkwardness, somehow her image is that of someone who is always capable and competent no matter what, and that was worrying as well. Though her skill at dancing is the main part of what supports her confidence in herself, I find that her singing is good now as well. Though I find that the best side of her is when she is being true to herself, that instead of forcing herself to have to think of something interesting to say in interviews and the like, she should show off her true self as she has been starting to do lately. There is nothing to be ashamed of there.

It's a pity that Suzuki has stopped pushing her spontaneous nature as much lately, but her dancing and movements are quicker than the rest now, so I hope she will continue to improve on that as she goes. Even though I've said this before already, the best thing about Suzuki is that even when you compare her to past Hello! Pro members, there is no one better than her at putting her own style to the things she says and does, and how she handles the events and people around her. Everyone gets experienced and improves as they go, but the most surprising thing about Suzuki is how smoothly she was able to speak and comment about things right from the start. I believe that she can easily become an actress in the future, and I hope to see her progress in that direction eventually.

Sato has finally found her place in the group. Originally she gave off a very country bumpkin kind of feel, and that went on for a while before she finally gelled with the rest of the members. But Sato has gotten almost shockingly refined, as if she really can do anything perfectly, but I'm thinking "what's up with that?", because I prefer Sato to remain interesting by being completely incomprehensible in her own way, just like she was being. Even if new members come into the group, I want Sato to remain as she is. Speaking of which, Sato has always had a good sense of rhythm as well as a strong voice, so in 2 or 3 years she should eventually become a central part of Morning Musume songs.

It's brilliant how Kudo has such a rambunctious image. She always comes on strongly and remains positive no matter what, though sometimes I have no idea what she's actually trying to do. But that is part of Kudo's charm. Speaking of which, as her face is already striking to begin with, when she grows up I believe she will surely mature into a beautiful young woman in her own right. Therefore I would like everyone to enjoy what little time there is left for her as the young boy "Kuduu"as there is a time limit for that (puberty!).

As for Oda, she has come to mesh into the group more quickly than 9th and 10th gen have. From an audience's point of view, it's a challenge to see which one of the girls is actually the new member, that's how settled in she is. Well, in a way that's really good. That means I can throw out whatever type of song or dance formation for the group and not worry (about them not being able to do it?). Then there is also the level of her commitment. The question is how much the Oda now has improved from the Oda of the beginning. With how the scheduled work has been coming in ferocious torrents, she is likely to feel like "ah, what a bother", but that level alone isn't enough. Oda needs to always be modest, conscientious and thankful as she progresses, otherwise she will never truly be part of Morning Musume as the rest of the members are. It's not just about working hard!

And lastly, "Rock no Teigi".

This is Tanaka Reina's solo number. While it's easy to make a song for a graduating member to sing for her graduation, the problem is "how are they going to use it after graduating?". But as she is going to be part of a band after graduation, I started contemplating a song that she can sing as part of the band as well.

Still, for Tanaka to have come so far with her "Reina" character is truly something. I cannot help but think "well done". When she was a mere elementary school student, she went to audition for the 5th generation, but we had to disqualify her due to her failing to make the age requirements. But when she came the following year for the 6th generation auditions, I thought "even though only a year has passed, she seems to have gotten plainer, her personality has twisted, and she has even grown bigger...I don't like this", but a year after that, Reina was able to present herself with an even more greatly caricatured version of her good qualities, which led me to think "ah, the more yankii-like she gets, the cuter she becomes!".

With that in mind, both the good parts and bad parts mixed in, she has always been the "Tanaka Reina" that she is now, even from back then. It has been 10 years and 2 months since. She has come very far in putting up a caricature of herself, emphasized it in many ways, without even blurring what's important in the process. In a way she has always been in charge of the freshness of Morning Musume from the start, and this last solo number celebrates that. I wanted this song to build up the image of Tanaka Reina as herself, and this song should be fun live as well.

I hope everyone enjoys this!

Now that we're on the topic, this time the single also feels like an album, or so I felt while putting my heart into it. So everyone please enjoy it as one!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That A B C D E-cha song....makes me think of HEAD CHA-LA! for some reason...you know...the Dragonball opening theme. XD

I love his comments on all the members. <3 Tsunku knows his girls. :D I find it funny that he didn't like Reina as much in the 6th gen auditions compared to 5th....but that she managed to change his mind eventually about the yankii = uncute thing eventually. :lol: Sasuga Reina. She made being yankii her thing, and made it cute as well. I really think that's an achievement on her part. XD

Fu~ Time to go grab some food! Hope people enjoy Tsunku's usual trollishness in his notes! :D

BTW GUYS, about the "2000 people on the dance floor", what say you we start a movement where we make up a flash mob or something for that 2000 people on the dance floor effect? I mean, it might be hard to make it happen since we're all in different countries and all, but if we all contributed...? Maybe some kind of cooperative international video thingy. It'd be great publicity for them. XD Plus kind of fun to do SOMETHING...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:10:57 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Sammi33

I'm up for it! Anyone in HI want to coordinate something?

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
So the costumes for both A-sides include the common feature of somewhat strange 'back flaps', from what I have seen...  at least some of the girls' outfits, not yet sure if all.  Hmmmm...  I guess after 53 singles, there has to be some originality with the costuming, but it seems to me they had some extra fabric around for these ones that they needed to use up!   :lol:  I did agree with above posters that the yellow costumes for Kimi sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai are reminiscent of the 1920s, but the back-flaps kinda take that away a bit.  And for that song, are they wearing ankle boots or is it like high-heeled Doc Martens with sox?  Can't make it out yet in the Dance Shot which has been released.

Anyway, that fact that this group has reached their 53rd single and my sweet Sayu is leader...  all is heavenly really!   :P  My costume concerns are only trivial when I think about it.

Tell me, has any other J-pop group *ever* released 53 singles?

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - MI DA RA matenrou