JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku

Author Topic: (Band) ZONE/MARIA  (Read 63554 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2006, 10:16:43 AM »
Totally not related, I got the ZONE Final in Budokan

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 10:28:05 AM »
They need to stop with the anime themes. D: Not a fair way to keep promoting them.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 10:55:39 AM »
b-side to Tsubomi, My Road

MARIA - My Road radio rip
music by tattsu, lyrics by maria

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »
Quote from: Ayabie
They need to stop with the anime themes. D: Not a fair way to keep promoting them.

Why not? It always works :/

Even Biyuden had an anime tie-up, but it wasn't as popular... so I think it's a good thing for MARIA, they might not have another chance like that :O

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2006, 12:28:13 AM »
Quote from: aedon
Why not? It always works :/

Even Biyuden had an anime tie-up, but it wasn't as popular... so I think it's a good thing for MARIA, they might not have another chance like that :O

I guess it's not the promotion I disagree with, but with the fans it spawns.

They already debuted with 'Chiisana Uta' through another anime. Now they're hitting one of the most popular ones, which Viyuden/Berryz didn't. :O Maybe it's just me, but I get pretty annoyed with people labeling artists as an "anime band", and it's stuck there forever.

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2006, 09:47:27 PM »
Quote from: Ayabie
I guess it's not the promotion I disagree with, but with the fans it spawns.

They already debuted with 'Chiisana Uta' through another anime. Now they're hitting one of the most popular ones, which Viyuden/Berryz didn't. :O Maybe it's just me, but I get pretty annoyed with people labeling artists as an "anime band", and it's stuck there forever.

But it's life! I know a planty of great artists that are known only by certain group of otakus (like Amano Tsukiko and her PS2 game tie-ups), and while knowing the bad side of such promotion (people buying the music not because they like the artist, but because they like the product, and after the theme song is switched, they abandon the artist), I don't see anything wrong with it. Look at Tamaki Nami, she'd be nowhere near the place she is now without Gundam :O

Flyp

(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2006, 02:23:12 AM »
Quote from: aedon
But it's life! I know a planty of great artists that are known only by certain group of otakus (like Amano Tsukiko and her PS2 game tie-ups), and while knowing the bad side of such promotion (people buying the music not because they like the artist, but because they like the product, and after the theme song is switched, they abandon the artist), I don't see anything wrong with it. Look at Tamaki Nami, she'd be nowhere near the place she is now without Gundam :O

I think another great example of this is Koda Kumi, she became huge after Real Emotion and FFX-2, and look at her now, she's a huuuge star in Japan and has had a major impact of the culture in japan.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2006, 09:41:33 PM »
Fair enough. :lol:

I think this'd spark a good discussion, anyone willing to create a thread?

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:57 PM »
From what I've heard, the new single isn't sounding too bad. It would be pretty awesome if they would release a really hard rocking song, but I guess the current stuff is good enough.
Request:
Anyone have a decent quality version of their performance on CDTV back in March? This one

Baba Booey

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2006, 08:59:41 AM »
2nd single つぼみ Tsubomi Bud
2006.7.26 / SRCL-6394 / 1165yen (US$ 10.20)
1st press: Naruto stickers

Tracklist:
1. つぼみ  
2. My road  
3. つぼみ - Instrumental -

Also, "Chiisana Uta" is going to be on another anime compilation album called 焼きたて!!ジャぱん 主題歌集 BEST ぱん! (Yakitate!! Japan Shudaikashu Best Ban!).

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2006, 05:16:07 AM »
Tsubomi pv

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2006, 05:52:57 AM »
Quote from: boykun
Tsubomi pv

OMG i love you boykun :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2006, 06:41:20 AM »
Cool song, cool video. Still can't stand that other bass player. It should just be Maiko... aahh, whatever. Hope their next song is fuckin' metal \m/.

Baba Booey

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2006, 07:11:33 AM »
Quote from: BradVickers
Cool song, cool video. Still can't stand that other bass player. It should just be Maiko... aahh, whatever. Hope their next song is fuckin' metal \m/.

Yeah, I really don't understand why they need TWO bass players. The lines they play aren't that different anyways, but Maiko does play some "lead" lines on bass in Chiisana Uta. LOL I'm not even making sense to myself.

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2006, 09:19:32 PM »
Miyu from ZONE performed B☆B☆Q on the latest Music Station with TUBE and Aiuchi Rina that is part of "Nagisa no All Stars" compilation single.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2006, 12:30:33 AM »
she didn't really do anything, except look cute

<333

Offline idiotboy

• day-to ja nai!
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2006, 01:08:50 PM »
Quote from: huggumwuggums
Yeah, I really don't understand why they need TWO bass players.

because that's their 'thing', their USP? it makes for a good, bass-driven sound, which is not that common in j*pop.

Offline halcali

• yucali #1 fanboi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »
could anyone post up that part of music station with miyu? even if she doesn't do much i'd still love to see it :D

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »
Quote from: idiotboy
because that's their 'thing', their USP? it makes for a good, bass-driven sound, which is not that common in j*pop.

I guess that's fair. I'm still holding out on that other chick until she throws in some Billy Sheehan-like bass lines. Now, how cool would that be? They should do a cover of "Addicted To That Rush"!

Baba Booey

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
(Band) ZONE/MARIA
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
Quote from: BradVickers
I guess that's fair. I'm still holding out on that other chick until she throws in some Billy Sheehan-like bass lines. Now, how cool would that be? They should do a cover of "Addicted To That Rush"!

LOL Yeah, Maiko's lines are the ones that are most noticable, IMHO all that Aika seems to be playing are just the root notes that get drowned under all the guitar.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku