JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY - ONIGIRIKKU RIVAIVA

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 244290 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2007, 11:43:55 AM »
God it was so boring to watch last night! All they did was play long balls and after the 1st goal, neither team was even trying. This talk of Anfield atmosphere winning the game is rubbish too. The fans didn't inspire Liverpol to rip Chelsea apart in a flawless display, they won on penalties.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2007, 11:46:39 PM »
Fucking penalties! Why are we so damn good at them? If we get one during a match it's always spooned, but Reina is a penalty god!

In other good news Kaka gets me United knocked out and £60 for scoring the first goal..what a guy, now if he'd just get injured...Seriously though it is satisfying now that Man U fans won't be constantly be going on day and night about the treble again, time to get texting...oh I'm taking so much pleasure from this. Still shitting myself about the final though.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #562 on: May 03, 2007, 01:17:13 AM »
Well the European dream is over for us x_________X;;

Sad to see Kaka demolishing our defence as if no ones there. I hope the boys can get the act back together for the derby, the premiership champion is the 1 we aimed for from the beginning.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline sakurasake

• luv Euroson~*!
  • Member+
« Reply #563 on: May 03, 2007, 07:11:32 AM »
i seriously thought chelsea would make it to the final... but then... sigh.

oh well... i'm happy that milan won.

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
« Reply #564 on: May 03, 2007, 07:17:53 AM »
yesterday i was feeling bad for man utd as i see rain is pouring down...my feelin keep sayin that united would lose this game....too bad it becomes reality....but milan played very well yesterday...kaka and gattuso was the winning key player last night...without them both i think united can win the game...after concede 3 goals...united had show some great passing...but that wasnt enough to put a shot to dida...too bad for man united...but we still have 2 cup to go... ::)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #565 on: May 03, 2007, 08:56:47 AM »
Agh. Kick in the teeth. If Heinze hadn't had made that mistake it may be a different story. Maybe. Ah well, I can put my hands up and say we were beaten fair and square on the night. We've got the Double to go for.

Seriously though it is satisfying now that Man U fans won't be constantly be going on day and night about the treble again

Yes cause Liverpool fans never go on about past glories  ::)

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #566 on: May 03, 2007, 10:28:33 AM »
Hats off to Milan, they played a much better game than we did and we simply struggled in the rain.
We lost the game in the midfield where Scholes and Giggs, after a brilliant first half in the season, but
the age of their legs have probably caught up to them.

And the impact Kaka had in the CL is quite remarkable. I'm hoping Milan will win the final and give
Maldini a great sending off (He is still to me, one of the best players never to have won anything
internationally).

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #567 on: May 04, 2007, 11:09:48 AM »
AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has dismissed Champions League final opponents Liverpool as a "long ball" side...

"What they have is a way of playing as a team. They are like an Italian team of 10 years ago. All they try to do is defend together, with everybody behind the ball and just one striker. Every ball is a long ball."

Gattuso has just gone and given Liverpool their final match team-talk. May as well just print it out and hand it to each of the players before the match. I think what Gattuso forgot to say is that Italian football now consists of a large envelope with a couple of hundred pound notes in it :P I really couldn't care less about this final. On one hand, you've got the scousers, who don't even seem to deserve to go through, judging by Tuesday's performance. And then you've got Milan who shouldn't even be in the competition after being kicked out for bribery and corruption (although they do have one of the best players in the world at the minute). But surely, after all those games we have approaching, surely you don't think we care that you scousers are in the Champions League Final and we're not? So you guys can have your "big" final in 3 weeks, and taunt and tease each other all you like. I'm more interested in the prospect of potentially winning a trophy tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 11:13:38 AM by Tuffty »

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
« Reply #568 on: May 04, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »
i think liverpool will win the champions league....go go liverpool !!!!

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #569 on: May 04, 2007, 12:31:51 PM »
But surely, after all those games we have approaching, surely you don't think we care that you scousers are in the Champions League Final and we're not?

That was a silly thing to say, let's be honest.

I'm not one for constantly going on about how brilliant our team may have been in the past (I wasn't even here when the apparant "glory days" were) and I'll only ever mention any current competitions if someone else mentions it first. I guess I'm actually a bit of a naive football fan, so much so that I used to actually like Everton. Then I went to Liverpool and saw just exactly how bitter Everton fans were, needless to say my thoughts on Everton changed slightly.

Okay enough rambling on...We've obviously got a chance in the final, we may not have been playing fantastic recently but I think we deserve some credit in the fact that we virtually destrpyed Barcelona, I hate to brag about things like this but the scoreline really was unfortunate on our part. Credit goes to Barce for their efficiency on the break but for the majority of the second leg we really did dominate. Hopefully we can raise our game for the final, it's gonna be tough after the result they maanegd against United, but one thing I would say is that our squad is stronger than 2 years ago, wheareas Milans isn't. Only this time we don't have Hamann to take Kaka out of the game, I'm not confident but you never know. I just hope it goes to penalties, then we've got it wraped up.

Offline panida

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #570 on: May 04, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »
i believe that liverpool can win the UCL again

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #571 on: May 04, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »
If Liverpool were to win, it would be in a penalty, in my opinion.

Milan was very good against us, but it was similar to how we destroyed Roma, it was a day that everything worked out, so Liverpool does have a chance. And to be honest, the Liverpool side is probably more suited to the possession chess game then our swashbuckling style. But the scoreline, if Liverpool were to win, will be much closer to 1-1 or 0-0 then the scoreline last time.

But Kaka had been on fire, as has Gattuso and Ambrosini, and I don't see the Liverpool midfield winning out for now. If Milan play to their standards, I'll say 2-0 to Milan, and Maldini signs off his career with a CL trophy.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #572 on: May 05, 2007, 08:08:57 PM »
Manchester City 0 - 1 Manchester Utd

A tale of two penalties. Ronaldo scored one, Edwin saved one. 8 points clear baby! Now Chelsea have to win against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, otherwise we have won the title! This result also means that Man City now have the worst record of goals scored at home in history :D

Can't believe Fulham beat Liverpool. It looked like it would be all over for them. If Fulham stay up, Lawrie Sanchez is getting a huge payoff for it, £500,000 I think. West Ham are now 3 points clear of the relegation zone after beating newly managed Bolton 3-1 and Wigan losing to Middlesborough. I really thought they were going down, and in a way, they really should after many claim they should have been penalised points from the signings of Tevez and Mascherano. But I don't mind. I'd actually prefer it if Wigan go down now. Always complaining about something, and their stadiums never sell out. May as well give the spot to a team in the lower league that deserves it and has a loyal fanbase.

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #573 on: May 05, 2007, 11:10:51 PM »
And I hope something happens to that cowardly Michael Ball, he should be have sent off a few times, and that second penalty was just pathetic. If only Keane was still playing for us, then he can do to him what he did to Haaland again!

O0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #574 on: May 06, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »
Arsenal 1 - 1 Chelsea

[size=8]MAN UTD ARE CHAMPIONS!![/size] :wahaha:

Happy days are here again! I feel we fully deserved it. The squad have been top quality in every aspect. The defense with Ferdinand and Vidic has been the strongest yet. Both Vidic and Evra came onto their own this season. Carrick's improving with every match. Scholes and Giggs are like new signings. Ronaldo and Rooney are wonderboys and even without a certified out and out striker, like Ruud, we still come through. Larssoon certainly helped and was a great signing if only for a few months. Just brilliant all round.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:08:16 PM by Tuffty »

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #575 on: May 06, 2007, 09:10:13 PM »
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been way too long since we've won the title, but I guess that makes it even sweeter!
Well done to the lads, because of our injury problems, it's fair to say that everyone in the first team have played a part in making this happen.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #576 on: May 07, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
Jose Mourinho has promised Manchester United a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday - but pledged the new Premiership champions can expect a major battle to retain their crown next season.

Only seems fair. We did it for them when they won, I would expect nothing less than to return the favour. We'll officially lift the trophy after the game against West Ham on Sunday. And apparently, Fergie has 3 targets he wants to sign during the summer. We all know about Hargreaves, but the 2 others? Rumours suggest it's Berbatov and Micah Richards. I don't think Berbatov will go so easy, and I don't know much about Richards. It'll be interesting anyway that's for sure.

Oh and John Obi Mikel? I hope your recent claim that Chelsea "is a better team than Man Utd" isn't some form of justification to help you sleep at night. I'd hate to think you switched clubs only for the money. That is all.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #577 on: May 07, 2007, 03:13:10 PM »
I only knew now that Man Utd are champions because i was too busy this whole week !!! I can't find local papers to read on man !!!

Buzz off Mikel, we wanted you, you wanted $$. Your comments are as sour as rotten grapes, look at the charts, we played almost the same amt of games as you did.

AND HAIL THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Congratulations SAF and Man Utd. You did well this season, especially the backline. Most of the accolades belongs to you guys for keeping us safe from goals. Of course the 2Rs deserve it for the contribution to the front line. Not to forget our midfield trio S.G.C

Congrats once again and i look forward to seeing the championship ceremony and the new season. Till then see you jphip-sters.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #578 on: May 07, 2007, 04:54:36 PM »
Did anyone watch the women's FA Cup final today? The goalkeepers are terrible. No wonder Arsenal have score about 150 goals in 40 games.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #579 on: May 07, 2007, 05:01:23 PM »
haha women's football. The only trophy Arsenal have won this season :P

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY - ONIGIRIKKU RIVAIVA