JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rega - Mexico

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 245924 times)

Offline conannd

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • loves 510
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #640 on: June 04, 2007, 07:58:16 AM »
did anyone see the denmark - sweden game? first sweden led 3-0. then denmark cought up to 3-3. then sweden was given a penalty after poulsen punched rosenberg. a guy from the crowd stormed the field and attacked the ref so they aboarted the game and gave sweden a 3-0 victory..totally chaotic..but entertaing until the guy stormed the field. would had been more fun if sweden had scored on the penalty or something so it was decided on real terms and not because som dick decides to go berserk..
ohh.. damn i didn't watch the match... yeahh.. i heard about it from the newspaper... it is said that uefa hasn't been decide what kind of punishment for denmark.... but... what i confused was... why there is no punishment at all for the man who storm the match??? it is said that he is under alcohol so he can sentence as not guilty........wtf....

Offline Ruffy

• JPH!P Ladylover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #641 on: June 04, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »
but... what i confused was... why there is no punishment at all for the man who storm the match??? it is said that he is under alcohol so he can sentence as not guilty........wtf....
i'm confused too. they let him go because they don't think he won't do it again or something..that's kinda rediculous. seriously..he did do it and should be punshed for it. it's like letting a mass murderer go because you think he won't redo it..stupid idiots at the police :P

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #642 on: June 07, 2007, 05:57:41 AM »
Glad to hear that Becks did well (even though it was only against Estonia), only saw the goals though.
Anyone see the whole match? Was Fatty Lampard crap as always?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #643 on: June 07, 2007, 09:34:19 AM »
I lost all interest after Joe Cole scored tbh. As soon as it was in I thought the match was over and watched The Apprentice instead.

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #644 on: June 07, 2007, 10:01:49 AM »
^ I thought so as well. I went right to bed after he scored. Great goal. XD

"Why Frank Lampard?" is still one of life's greatest mysteries.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:09:14 AM by huggumwuggums »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #645 on: June 07, 2007, 12:36:27 PM »
A friend of mine actually made a very good point to me. The England World Cup team was villified for being a long ball team (Beckham was called out on this too by the same media that demanded his return), and not creating passing and moving play. Beckham's dropped, and England still can't create flowing football. McClown is criticised for dropping Beckham. He comes back, no improvement to Beckham's play as some would have you believe, and suddenly, being a long ball team is 'good enough'. Don't get me wrong, Beckham's inclusion makes sense in some way. Play tight, uninspiring football and there's every chance Beckham can score with a free kick or a well placed cross. But that only gets you so far as..well....the quarter-finals of any tournament, by a team who can play flowing football. I know the cycle well enough. England will qualify, skin of their teeth probably, there will be a lot of hype before the tournament, England progress to the quarter-finals, lose, everyone demands a new manager repeat ad nauseum. :sleep:

Despite Fergie's claims that he's "mellowed out", C.Ron says he still gives out the hairdryer treatment :lol: Why am I not surprised?

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #646 on: June 08, 2007, 08:06:01 AM »
Dammit, work permit problems for Mr. Anderson - as expected. I wonder how they are going to argue it(to be honest, I still no idea how Tim Howard got his work permit).

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2007, 10:11:07 AM »
The 'will he won't he' saga looks like it will be resolved one way or another, because

Torres will be up for sale starting next week

There will be a lot of competition. Us, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs and Newcastle are the English clubs wanting him, and I'm sure there's more foreign clubs interested as well. Looks like Tevez is out of the picture for us, as he's around £40 mil (!!!) and Inter Milan have reportedly got him in a season loan.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #648 on: June 13, 2007, 06:04:25 PM »
Well that's Saha gone then. Injured yet again, and could be ruled out until Nov. I know Fergie likes to stick by players who are struggling to come back, like Ole and Alan, but he's bound to have his limits. This season Saha has spent more time off it than on it. And it's pre-season! How could he possibly injure himself till November?! Would be funny if it was a David James type of excuse and blame it on Playstation. But it's 2007 now....he'll blame it on the Wii!  :lol:

So another striker is on the cards. I'd like an athletic type to complement our skilled guys. I don't think we would get Torres. Darren Bent would be good I think. Shouldn't be grossly expensive, although I heard £18mil when he was mentioned.   :-\

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #649 on: June 14, 2007, 04:20:26 PM »
According to the Sun, Darren Bent is going to move to West Ham for around £18 million. He is going to be offered a contract of £75,000 a week! :shocked:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #650 on: June 14, 2007, 05:33:45 PM »
West Ham lol. Personally I wouldn't want to move to a club that ranked below your current one from last season. I'd stay away.

Nani was apparently the undisputed man of the match last night against Holland. Able to play in a number of positions, setting up goalscoring opportunites and entertaining. Sounds like another Portugese star I know of :D

Next season's fixtures have been announced! We've got Reading at home on the first game. Not bad. Sunderland is the 5th game we have got. Keano going back to OT! Can't wait to see it. Tough run in at the last 5 games though, Arsenal, Blackburn, Chelsea, West Ham and Wigan. For the full list go here:

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=435543

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2007, 09:49:18 PM »
Read Madrid 3 - 1 Mallorca (Real Madrid win league title)

So Beckham got a medal after all. Didn't look that way at the start though! Barca were winning 4-0 and Madrid were getting beaten at one stage! But Madrid have made a habit of really going all out in the final 15 minutes of a match, and they did it yet again, with super sub Reyes.

People have been asking if Beckham had known that Madrid would still want him, would he have taken the offer to play pub football for Galaxy? My answer is yes, he still would have taken it. Because Victoria would want to. She's always made the decisions in his life for him, and that wouldn't be any different if Madrid had asked him to extend his contract at the time he decided to sign for Galaxy.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:05:12 PM by Tuffty »

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2007, 04:57:41 PM »
Oh man, the only thing I asked for my birthday was for Real Madrid NOT to win the Liga.... I didn't care who won as far as it was not Real Madrid.....And on my birthday....... :angry: :angry:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #653 on: June 21, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »
Quote from: Athole Still
"There has not been any kind of meeting or contact between Sven-Goran Eriksson, myself or anyone purporting to represent us with either Thaksin Shinawatra himself or any of his representatives, or anyone purporting to be. It's just nonsense and I haven't the vaguest idea where these stories come from - but I can tell you categorically it is absolutely untrue. "

Quote from: Thaksin Shinawatra
""I have my advisors working on it, Sven is one of the names they have given me...I met him once, last week

Can things go worse for Man City fans? :lol: To be fair, Eriksson has had success at club level before, and despite what the media tells you, his record with England isn't that bad. It's just the football played was bloddy awful.

And I'm sure you guys are aware of Torres probably going to Liverpool at around £20mil. Possibly Diego Forlan could go to the Kop as well. I always knew Torres wasn't coming here anyway when there was a photograph taken of him with 'You'll Never Walk Alone' printed on the reverse of his captain's armband. Oh well, if he wants to commit career suicide by joining Liverpool that's fine by me :P

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »
Oh well, if he wants to commit career suicide by joining Liverpool that's fine by me

OOH BUUUURN!! XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #655 on: June 22, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »
And so, our first sale of the summer, Smith will be going to Newcastle for around 3 mil

All the best for him. I imagine he'll get more first team matches than he would have done at Utd. I would still like a certified goalscorer joining our team soon though, especially now that our only available striker has been sold. Rossi and Dong have potential, but don't have enough Premiership experience yet IMO.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:12:40 PM by Tuffty »

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #656 on: June 22, 2007, 10:39:41 PM »
How about Henry in Barcelone FC. for 24M €.

OMG the trio Eto'o - Henry - Ronaldinho

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #657 on: June 22, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
^ I just heard. For £16mil too? That's a bargain price for him IMO. On paper it sounds like the best strikeforce in the world :O

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2007, 05:38:37 AM »
Dammit nnooooooo! I just heard about this today. Surprised at the £16 mil too. Ugh. We suddenly have a deficit of strikers, with Aliadiere moving to Middlesborough. And Madrid will probably buy Reyes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:44:41 AM by boykun »

Offline katamari-san

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #659 on: July 03, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »
It's a start of a new era at Arsenal. Crotian Striker Da Silva gets bought by Arsenal for around 8m, not Henry's replacement but definitely a boost in the striker department. Still need a left winger though since Reyes left.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rega - Mexico