JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - Trap

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246165 times)

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #700 on: August 30, 2007, 03:09:28 AM »
That's really sad.
Unlike what some extremists may want to believe, football shouldn't be a matter of life and death.
It's sad to see young talent passing away like that, RIP to both.

And I really hope we don't start hitting the panic and buy Le sulk. Never liked him and talk about possible dressing room issues. No, I don't want Defoe either - in my view, small goal-proachers are getting rubbed out of the game...pace alone doesn't get you anywhere like you're used to (unlike the good old Owen days).

I'm start pissed off about letting Smith go.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #701 on: August 30, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »
T.Gamper: Barcelone-Inter (5-0)
Ronaldinho (6, p), Dos Santos (11), Touré (37), Iniesta (56), Motta (78) for Barcelone

C1: Slavia Prague     2-1 / 1-0    Ajax Amsterdam  ; Ajax won't play the champions league ...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #702 on: August 30, 2007, 05:22:08 PM »
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

Group A
Liverpool
Porto
Marseille
Besiktas

Group B
Chelsea
Valencia
Schalke 04
Rosenborg

Group C
Real Madrid
Werder Bremen
Lazio
Olympiakos

Group D
AC Milan
Benfica
Celtic
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E
Barcelona
Lyon
Stuttgart
Rangers

Group F
Manchester United
Roma
Sporting Lisbon
Dynamo Kiev

Group G
Inter Milan
PSV Eindhoven
CSKA Moscow
Fenerbahce

Group H
Arsenal
Sevilla/AEK Athens
Steau Bucharest
Slavia Prague

Rangers are fucked :lol: They've drawn with the French league champions, the German league champions and Barcelona who's, well you don't need me to explain that one. That's the group of death right there.

Although we've got it the hardest of the English clubs I think. Roma will look for revenge, both on and off pitch, Lisbon are a great side and nobody likes going to play Dynamo Kiev.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 05:23:08 PM by Tuffty »

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #703 on: August 31, 2007, 01:31:29 AM »
on paper it does seem that way, but i reckon if they take their chances at home, they might scrape throught considering barca doesn't play well away.

man u vs roma round 2 eh, this time it would be harder but nonetheless the devils will prevail ;D and yeah going to kiev during the winter season would be automatic lost pts for man u
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:32:27 AM by ferrar1 »

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline conannd

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • loves 510
« Reply #704 on: August 31, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »
wow...CL draw has been decided...hmm.. i've got a prediction for those who go to the next round....

group A: (1)liverpool (2)porto
group B: (1)chelsea (2)valencia
group c: (1)madrid (2)lazio
group d: (1)milan (2)celtic
group e: (1)barca (2)lyon
group f: (1)man u (2)lisbon
group g: (1)inter (2)cska
group h: (1)arsenal (2)sevilla

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #705 on: September 08, 2007, 12:21:32 PM »
Oh how funny would it be for England to lose tonight? Even a draw. But of course, they'll play rubbish and yet still scrape a win through. Still, one can hope...And come on N.Ireland! It's a must win for us as well against Latvia! But not only that, I put money on them to win XD

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #706 on: September 08, 2007, 01:11:58 PM »
I'm hoping that England loses...that fact that they drafted in Emile "needs to work on..well...pretty much everything" Heskey, they deserve to lose.

And hopefully N. Ireland gets through, it'll be cool seeing the likes of Healy and Evans
in a major International competition.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #707 on: September 09, 2007, 09:41:46 AM »
Seoul's World Cup Stadium

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #708 on: September 10, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »
Well though I have absoloutely nothing against N.Ireland it was ncie to se them lose after the bashing their fans gave England! Saying that though I got no satisfaction from watching England, partly because I didn't bother to watch much of it, but mainly because as I've said before I couldn't care less about the international stage. The way I see it internationals are just putting the real football on hold and I just can't wait until next Saturday.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #709 on: September 10, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
^ I'm not one of these fans surely? :P To be fair though, we were ranked 140th in the world or something like that and we did beat a team that was in the top 10. Continuing to go onwards and upwards from that point on it seems. It was a shame we lost, but we can take consolation in the fact that Spain only drew. Have to win these next games.

Why is everyone shocked about the empty seats at Wembley though? They're corporate seats. The answer lies in the title.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #710 on: September 10, 2007, 06:08:09 PM »
Is anyone here following the FIFA Women's World Cup that started today in Shanghai, China? As you know, since last year Yossi is the Official supporter of the japanese team, dubbed Nadeshiko Japan. Anyway, these are the groups:
GROUP A: Germany - England - Japan - Argentina

GROUP B: North Korea - Nigeria - Sweden - USA

GROUP C: Australia - Canada - Ghana - Norway

GROUP D: Brazil - China - Denmark - New Zealand

The inaugural game was defending champions Germany against Argentina, Germany won 11-0

Japan plays tomorrow against England.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #711 on: September 10, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »
I heard it mentioned yesterday on Sky Sports but wasn't taking much interest really. This is 11-a-side right? And Germany won 11-0? Ouch.

Oh and don't worry about it Tuffty, I thought it was pretty damn funny when N.Ireland beat England myself. ;)

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #712 on: September 10, 2007, 06:33:21 PM »
The inaugural game was defending champions Germany against Argentina, Germany won 11-0

with 2 own goals of Correa xD

About Euro 2008, Italy - France was fine ( Lassana Diarra was impressively good ) but I'm waiting for France ( without Henry ) - Scotland and Ukraine - Italy ( without Gattuzo ).

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #713 on: September 10, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »

Oh dear. Woman's football is pretty bad, but didn't know it was to that extent. Purely because of Yossi, I'm backing Japan. I'd laugh if Yossi was shown on the BBC :lol:

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #714 on: September 10, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »

Oh dear. Woman's football is pretty bad, but didn't know it was to that extent. Purely because of Yossi, I'm backing Japan. I'd laugh if Yossi was shown on the BBC :lol:
Well, I watched the game, and I can tell you that these women play better than some men's teams (and I mean professional national teams).

Offline kwanleekwan

• Member+
« Reply #715 on: September 11, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »

Well, I watched the game, and I can tell you that these women play better than some men's teams (and I mean professional national teams).

quite impossible

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #716 on: September 11, 2007, 01:55:59 PM »
quite impossible
I see, sexism is alive and well, isn't it?

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #717 on: September 11, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
Japan - England : 2-2
Miyama (55, 95)
K.Smith (81, 83)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #718 on: September 11, 2007, 02:53:51 PM »
I missed the Jap vs Eng game. Was it any good?

More results from today's matches:
DPRK 2 - 2 USA
Sweden 1 - 1 Nigeria

The North Koreans impressed me alot. I thought the U.S girls would run them over, but it looks like the Korean held the game in their hands (or at their feet), atleast during the parts I saw. Sweden wasn't impressive at all. They played way below their normal level. The U.S, DPRK, Nigeria Sweden group will be a tight one for sure. Interesting to that 3 out of 4 matches have ended in a tie. And the one that didn't was a total blow-out!

And I'm sad that the matches are played when I'm working. Luckily there's always streaming online, too bad that I've just found chinese streams. T_T
[/url]

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #719 on: September 12, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »
But England deserves to be bagged out.  XD
For goodness sake, they called Heskey into the squad....HESKEY!?
They hired a crap manager (even though he was a very good no.2 for us, he really stank in his years as a manager at Boro) that insisted on play fat Lampard and Gerrard together. Glad to see Barry doing well (well, it was only one game, but hey), as one of the few decent English left-footers around, it was strange that he gets so little opportunities.

Let's be honest, it's a up-hilll battle for England, and I'm tipping the Hiddink-led Russians to 'upset' them.

I like watching women's football, but saying that they play better than some men's pro teams...
well, I guess they must be pretty bad teams then (like Sunderland a few years ago).  :lol:

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - Trap