JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Hush

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 244328 times)

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #800 on: May 09, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »
Reminded me of the pathetic clashing of heads between Drogba and Lehmann (though not nearly as funny)

Nothing is that funny.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #801 on: May 11, 2008, 06:45:32 PM »
Tufty, sorry for leaving you here to fend this thread. I totally forgot about this.

Anyway congratulations 07/08 champions. I'm encouraging everyone to put up this " (6) EPL 07/08 Champions " as MSN sub nick for the whole day tomorrow. Let's join in.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #802 on: May 11, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »
[size=8]MANCHESTER UNITED PREMIER LEAGUE 07/08 CHAMPIONS!!!![/size]

THAT'S WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS! THAT'S WHY WE'RE CHAMPIONS! :D :D

A tough game for sure. Fair play to Wigan, they didn't lie down and take it, they fought hard. A couple of dodgy decisions by the ref I will admit to, but all in all, a deserved victory for us. Would have been all wrong if Chelsea won the title. And if you ask me, if you can't beat Bolton at home, you don't deserve to be champions. :P Bring on Moscow.

Elsewhere, Reading, Birmingham and Derby are the relegated clubs. Fulham got the right results towards the end and made it just through on goal difference. Good to see the likes of Bullard and Healy (even if the latter never gets a game) stay up. Kind of sympathetic to Birmingham for going down, McLeish seems a decent enough manager, Reading however I don't have any patience for. Since they said the FA Cup means nothing to them, I've just had a strong dislike for them. They're not going to be Top 4 finishers and if they're not challenging for the FA Cup, then just what is the point of that club? You can't honestly tell me a Reading fan could look back and go 'Yeah getting to the FA Cup final was good, but I'll tell you what was even better, finishing 15th in the Premiership'.

And 8-1 to Middlesborough against Man City :lol: I think Sven is getting the sack now, as much as I disagree with the notion of sacking a manager who took a club from lower table obscurity into mid-level heights in a season. Made some good buys with Elano and Petrov who had a good first half of the season, but then I haven't heard anything from them in the second half.

I'm definately putting that in my sub-title ferrar! Don't worry about not posting here, just show the support and I'll be happy! :D

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #803 on: May 11, 2008, 11:12:54 PM »
Well wasn't a good day for me, seeing the old rivals win the tie AND seeing Everton get into the UEFA cup spot was ideal,still congratulations to them both I guess. Hard luck to both Chelsea and Aston Villa for at least keeping my hopes alive right until the very end.

Glad to see Fulham stay up (though I still know I've been proven right that letting Coleman go was the biggest mistake they could possible have made) but sorry to see Reading go. Coppell is a good manager imo and I think he's adone adamn good job at the club. No real feeling for the other relegated teams though as Derby didn't really ever show any signs of NOT being relegated and I can't stand Birmingham as they're one of the most boring teams in the world.

It was always going to be bye bye to Sven even before todays game but I guess that just put the icing on the cake for it...anyway MOTD in 10 minutes so I'm off...

Oh, one last thing; Voronin's goal today better not get him a new contract. :lol:

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #804 on: May 12, 2008, 11:48:38 PM »
Oyeah FELICITATION MANCHESTER UNITED !!!
Now You need to kick Chelsea in the Champion's League !

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #805 on: May 13, 2008, 07:06:51 PM »
Plenty of interesting gossip emerging today. Real Madrid stated that they would pay £100 mil for Ronaldo. Never learn do they? :roll: No need to worry, Ronaldo said, in a fresh statement today, that there was no way he would be leaving United. And why would he? He's got friends in the squad, particularly Nani and Anderson, earning good money and playing great football. Besides, there's no way we'd ever get the supposed £100 mil up-front, it's a load of bull.

Rather interestingly we've very close to signing Cardiff City whizzkid, Aaron Ramsey, ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea. Also, the Daily Mail suggests that we're also looking into buying Micah Richards from Manchester City and Fabinho from Sevilla.

And rather more interestingly, it's emerged today that Chelsea put in a £40 mil offer for Fernando Torres, with Avram Grant even going so far as to get fellow countryman, Benayoun, to tell Torres of how much he's liked in Chelsea in a bid to unsettle him. Needless to say, the offer was turned down by the club.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #807 on: May 14, 2008, 10:34:34 PM »
Plenty of interesting gossip emerging today. Real Madrid stated that they would pay £100 mil for Ronaldo. Never learn do they? :roll: No need to worry, Ronaldo said, in a fresh statement today, that there was no way he would be leaving United. And why would he? He's got friends in the squad, particularly Nani and Anderson, earning good money and playing great football. Besides, there's no way we'd ever get the supposed £100 mil up-front, it's a load of bull.

I don't see any reason why Ronaldo would leave either and I really can't see it happening, but just because Ronaldo's said he won't be going doesn't mean a thing to me. Honestly, the amount of statements that get issued by a player or a club saying they're going nowehere and then less than a week later they're playing for a new club is unreal.

Rather interestingly we've very close to signing Cardiff City whizzkid, Aaron Ramsey, ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea. Also, the Daily Mail suggests that we're also looking into buying Micah Richards from Manchester City and Fabinho from Sevilla.

That is pretty shocking considering the names that have been linked to said players in the past, I'd be surprised to see United go for them. Good luck to Micah Richards and surviving in Manchester if he ever did make the switch.

And rather more interestingly, it's emerged today that Chelsea put in a £40 mil offer for Fernando Torres, with Avram Grant even going so far as to get fellow countryman, Benayoun, to tell Torres of how much he's liked in Chelsea in a bid to unsettle him. Needless to say, the offer was turned down by the club.

As funy as this would be if it was true I can't see it, this would be big big news if this was found to betrue, turned down or not. I can't really find anything on it so yeah, I think this one is a rumour, I'd hope so for Grant's sake and his credibility at least.

I've only just learned that Flamini is going to Milan, a bit behind I know but what can you do? Bad for Arsenal as I think he's been superb forthem this season. When we played them in the Champions League I was more than happy to see Flamini pick up an injury early on as he was controlling everything that came his way. Not bad for free.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #808 on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:31 AM »
^ It does raise an important issue of club loyalty in modern football, particularly for foreign players. Let's not shy around it, the main draw for playing for the big clubs is the money, everything else follows. English players definately seem to have a lot of loyalty, that's why you rarely see them playing abroad and I don't think it's because they're unwanted by foreign clubs. I don't think many would turn down the opportunity to have Rooney or Gerrard or Terry in their squad. I don't doubt Ronaldo's commitment though. This isn't a one off statement, he's said many times now already that he's happy playing for United and the only downside is the Manchester weather. :lol:

Yeh Flamini's gone and Hleb too by the sounds of it. Was funny reading Arsenal fans comments. On Flamini it was genuine disapointment, with Hleb it was a distinctive 'meh'. Naturally, Real are now touting up Fabregas with some price tag of £40-50 mil. I understand Hleb and Flamini were 2 of his closest friends, so I wonder what he'll do?

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #809 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:36 PM »
CONGRATULATIONNN MANCHESTER UNITED !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #810 on: May 22, 2008, 12:23:55 AM »
[size=8]MANCHESTER UNITED, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

[size=8]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Van Der Sar, my hero. As is John Terry :P How fitting that an ex-scouse and ex-Man City player wins us the cup! :lol:

Could not be more pleased at this moment. I know penalties is a harsh way to decide the title, but I did feel United were the better team overall. Fair play to Chelsea though, as always, gave us a run for our money. Fantastic match

And there is just no way Ronaldo would want to leave now.

And Drogba :lol: :lol: Hope that's his swansong for Chelsea, it's the fitting way to go out, the scumbag.

Now if you'll excuse me, I plan to be celebrating well for the whole of this week. Got an exam tomorrow, but I don't care! :lol:

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #811 on: May 22, 2008, 04:04:18 AM »
Congrats everyone its time to change my nick again YAYAYAYAYA

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #812 on: June 02, 2008, 02:10:25 PM »
Thought I'd contribute to the topic by posting some of the latest transfer gossip:

- Ronaldo is set to make an announcement of his future in 2-3 days. The announcement of the announcement has apparently taken the figureheads at Old Trafford completely off-guard. Could he really be going?
- Robinho has claimed he's happy with staying at Real Madrid, however he wouldn't mind if he left, something which may look likely due to his uneasy relationship with the manager. He has said that Man Utd are interested in doing a deal with Real for him i.e. Utd takes Robinho, Real takes Ronaldo. Naturally, other big name clubs are also in contention for him
- The Chelsea management spot could be taken by any available big name manager you can think of :roll: Apparently it's wittled down to either Phil Scolari, Frank Rijkaard or Mark Hughes.
- Speaking of Hughsey, he's been given permission by Blackburn to speak to Man City, after Erikkson got to 9th with Man City, a club flirting with relegation last season. I expect Shinawatra wants Hughes to win the title :roll:
- Quaresma has allegedly stated he would be keen to join Liverpool
- Riise could be moving to Roma in a £5 mil deal

Interesting stuff. I'll keep it updated with more transfer gossip as the days go on. But I'll leave you now with a selection of my favourite John Terry jokes:

- The good news is that Josef Fritzel is getting the death penalty. Bad news is that John Terry's taking it.
- They've made a new drink in Russia based on John Terry. It's called 'Bottled In Moscow'
- After Ryan Giggs lifted the Champions League cup for a second time he had a peek inside and there was a Chocolate Orange in it. He   
  said - "It's not Terry's, it's mine!"
- Samaritans are offering counselling to all Chelsea fans. Call 0800 101010 – that’s 08000 won nothing won nothing won nothing.

And also have to post this. Absolutely hilarious, yeah?:

[youtube=425,350]oW7l8JyyMJw[/youtube]

:lol:

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #813 on: June 08, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
yesterday during the 1st match of Euro, Arsene Wenger talked about a possible move of ronaldinho @ Man City ...

ok I know England is not there but ...
nobody cares about the Euro '08 xD ?
SWITZERLAND 0-1 CZECH REPUBLIC
PORTUGAL 2-0 TURKEY

go Benzema ! go Ribery ! go France !

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #814 on: June 08, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »
yesterday during the 1st match of Euro, Arsene Wenger talked about a possible move of ronaldinho @ Man City ...

According to the Sunday Mirror, it's indeed a done deal. They say the asking fee was never a problem, the problem was sorting out a weekly salary which they both parties have agreed to at £200,000 a week. Ridiculous amount of money for someone who hasn't performed as well as he could over the past season.

These Ronaldo rumours are getting out of hand now. Apparently his mum says he's staying at United, whilst I also hear he's planning on going on strike with United if he doesn't get the move to Madrid he wants. I just want this all done and dusted as soon as possible.

Naturally the Portugal match was more entertaining last night, pretty strong squad they have there, could maybe see them going all the way to the final.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #815 on: June 09, 2008, 07:26:42 AM »
Portugal do have a chance but i hated the way they played. Everyone seems to have shakey knees and falling down at every chance. Ironically Ronaldo was one of the few who stood when tackles were thrown at him. And they paid for it when somebody had their studs on the sides of Nani's leg and the Ref thought he was acting and no cards were given.

Today's Result:

Austria 0 - 1 Croatia

Germany 2 - 0 Poland

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #816 on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »
France 0 - 0 Roumania
ewww no comment...

Italy 0 - 3 Netherlands
wow best match. Holland is quite impressive

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #817 on: June 09, 2008, 10:49:23 PM »
France v Romania - Oh dear God, it would be nice in advance to know which matches are just not worth watching. That's 90 minutes I'll never get back.

But the Italy - Holland match, by far the best game of the tournament, and perhaps when it's all done and dusted, the best. Some sublime team goals from Holland even though Ruud's was miles offside. Italy don't look as tight defensively without Cannavaro it has to be said.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #818 on: June 09, 2008, 10:51:37 PM »
Woohoo, we won 3-0  :lol: who whould've thought.

I actually 'betted' on Italy haha.. guess I should've had more faith in our team.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #819 on: June 09, 2008, 11:24:13 PM »
Italy-Holland was an awesome match. Regarding that first goal, they were debating on it in our studio segments... there was one Italian player below the goalie, outside the field, that the goalie himself "knocked out" and in that case, the goalie would be considered the "lowest player" and so there wasn't an offside.

Or something like that.. man it was confusing.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Hush