JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: G.NA - Top Girl

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 245797 times)

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #980 on: October 19, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
for the 4 last european team; World Cup play-off draw

Republic of Ireland - France (14th & 18th november)
Portugal - Bosnia-Herzegovina
Greece - Ukraine
Russia - Slovenia

at least it's not Ukraine for France  :nervous

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #981 on: October 21, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »

Liverpool (minus Torres & Gerrard) 1 - 2 OL   :w00t:
Barcelona 1 - 2 Rubin Kazan xD

and the last Stojkovic's goal :3
A nice goal by Manager, Dragan Stojkovic ejected him out from the pitch.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #982 on: October 21, 2009, 07:47:50 PM »
Even I thought conceding that goal yesterday was harsh :lol: Gotta feel for the Pool supporter who threw it onto the pitch too. From the video I saw, it looked like a kid threw it onto the pitch and I guess that's why they had his face blurred out. Must be awful to know that you were the cause of your team losing that day. You can guarantee that had it been an adult, he wouldn't have had his face censored, and the papers would be hounding him, getting his backstory and dedicating a 4 page spread to him.

As an open question to pool supporters, not that I think it will or indeed should happen, what do you think Benitez's chances are of lasting until the end of the season? You know pressure and criticism by the tabloids will be great and from what I gather, support is at an all time low. To be fair, Pool didn't have Torres or Gerrard yesterday, and you can't realistically hope Voronin will win the match :lol:

I think the match against Utd will be key. Neither team is playing great at the moment, Pool have injuries for key players and Utd's defence is shaky to say the least. I think if Pool lose, the amount of pundit columns on Benitez's sacking will come thick and fast.

I guess at times like this you just have to laugh don't you? I'd find it funny if happened to any other team but yeah, the whole beachball goal was ridiculous to have been allowed.

As for Benitez, well I'll be honest and say that I don't have access to a TV and haven't for a good few months now so I'm not actually sure how much pressure he's mean to be under. All I can say though is that it would be stupid to sack him. First reason being the rubbish one: injuries, I never consider that an excuse though as all teams get them and you should be good enough to cope with them. Second reason being that there is nobody out there to replace him, things would jsut go from bad to worse. Lastly I don't blame him in the slightest, most of out current problems come from our owners; I;m sure Benitez is well aware that our squad lacks depth but he's simply not being given the funds to bring anyone in so what the hell is he supposed to do?

I was surprised to see Liverpool even score agaisnt Lyon so I wasn't too upset when they ended up losing as I was expecting 0-2 or 1-3.

I also think we'll lose the game against United, our injuries right now are a little bit worse and although both teams aren't playing well I think United step up to the challenge far better. I'd also much rather have Torres fit than Gerrard if I had the choice as Gerrard isn't as great in big matches as people seem to think.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #983 on: October 21, 2009, 11:35:53 PM »
Liverpool fans booing the team after the match - 'Walk on through the wind and the rain' huh? Best fans in the world my arse :lol:

Readl Madrid 2 - 3 AC Milan

Best match all season. Goalkeeping clusterfucks aplenty on both sides which led to the goals, some cracking goals by Pirlo and Pato, controversy of Milan's disallowed goal (how the hell was that not given?!?!). Can't wait for the rematch, I will definately be watching. Ronaldinho doesn't look like he cares anymore from what I saw.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #984 on: October 22, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »
^ should be 2- 4 because that goal was totally legitimate... fuck real is playing nothing, a bunch of stars can't make a team :(

oh yeah the match was great

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #985 on: October 25, 2009, 12:13:08 AM »
OMFG Matthäus is Racing Club de Argentina new coach

http://momento24.com/en/2009/10/24/confirmed-lothar-matthaus-will-be-racings-new-coach/

you know, is nothing against him but WOW he can't talk spanish!! is going to be very hard... but i wish him good luck since he used to be one of my favorite players.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #986 on: October 25, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
Liverpool 2 - 0 Man Utd

Even those balloons the Utd fans brought in couldn't save us :( I don't think we should have been beaten, but at the same time not so surprised we lost. And Vidic, the absolute legend he is, shouldn't play against Liverpool. 3 red cards in a row :lol:

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #987 on: October 25, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »
I thought it was a very lacklustre performance from us, I think we really missed Fletcher's energy in midfield. I thought Vidic did alright for most of the match and his first yellow card was a bit harsh.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #988 on: October 25, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »
I thought it was a very lacklustre performance from us, I think we really missed Fletcher's energy in midfield. I thought Vidic did alright for most of the match and his first yellow card was a bit harsh.

I thought both sides made it hard for the ref. Though how they missed Torres' blatant and incredibly obvious dive when Evra was nowhere near making any contact will forever remain a mystery. But that's just me nitpicking.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #989 on: October 25, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »
Great result for us but I'm not going to get carried away and say this our seasons turning point like most people already seem to be doing.
I was surprised at the result but obviously pleasantly surprised as it was a game we more than deserved to win. Hopefully it will show people that we don't rely on Gerrard all the time though I doubt it very much. Good goal from Torres but I'm happier that N'Gog carried on his good record from coming off the bench to score, hopefully he can become a bit more important for us in the future.
Still further behind in the league than we should be at this stage but can't really complain about the majority of other results that went on over the weekend.

Oh, and Carragher should have been sent off, still like it was mentioned, we actually got some luck for the first time in months.
Vidic is quickly becoming one of my favourite players along with Phil Neville and Tony Hibbert. :lol:

^ Also I wouldnt say Torres dived, in a few cases he does but that time he actually looked like he just fell over himself.  :banghead:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #990 on: October 28, 2009, 06:29:07 PM »
FOR THE SAKE OF THE AIBUTT!!!! i can't imagine how bad Real Madrid played to end 0-4 against an amateur team... i'm so embarrassed :(

lol i bet that the other club already think they players are heroes :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #991 on: October 28, 2009, 06:38:09 PM »
Football just seems completely fucked this season :cokecat:

:bow: Go make it right -- TWO DAYS

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #992 on: November 01, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »
Damn, I guess it's not so surprising that the papers have done a complete u-turn on Benitez in the space of a week. I will say, that the moment he took Torres off, you knew straight away that he was going to settle for a draw. And while it's understandable considering they have a literal must-win CL game against Lyon midweek, you'd think he would focus on the match at hand and keep up the pressure on us. As it stands, the points advantage they gained over us last week has just been lost. Doesn't help Benitez's standing with the fans when he comes up with post-match statements like, "Don't measure our success with trophies" Cause if the worst comes to the worst and the form continues, the FA Cup is the only trophy they have a realistic chance of winning.

If backpage talk is anything to go by, Utd are interested in Luis Suarez for £35mil, Jack Rodwell as a replacement for Ferdinand (lol wut?) and Neuer to succees VDS as opposed to Foster. Also in talks about making changes to Hargreaves (or Der Harg as I like to call him) contract on a pay as you play basis. Which seems like the easiest choice Fergie will make all season :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #993 on: November 03, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »
Can't wait for the CL business today and tomorrow, going to be awesome. Hoping Barcelona makes up for the last game against Rubin :lol: Inter-Kiev will probably be intense. Be nice if Inter would finally pick up some European wins - love me some Inter :heart: Also hoping that Milan can give another upset to Madrid (DO IT PATO :bow:)

really hoping that lyon pull another win, too

Roberto Mancini Linked With Liverpool Job - Report -- Oh ho

And if you haven't gotten around to it yet, hit up the Football Managers thread in Akihabara!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:15:26 PM by Amplifier »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #994 on: November 03, 2009, 10:42:03 PM »
w00t bordeaux did it again!

Bayern Munich 0 - 2 Bordeaux
Marseille 6 - 1 Zurich

MU 3 - 3 CSKA Moscow
Milan 1 - 1 Real Madrid (Benzema!)

Maccabi Haifa 0 - 1 Juventus
APOEL Nicosia 0 - 1 FC Porto
Atlético Madrid 2 - 2 Chelsea
Besiktas 0 - 3 VfL Wolfsburg

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #995 on: November 03, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »
Unbelievable, that's just amazing. Even despite securing Man Utd's qualification place, Antonio Valencia still doesn't smile! :lol:

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #996 on: November 04, 2009, 01:44:12 AM »
^This is what he said in an interview - "You might not be able to tell from my face but I promise I’m celebrating inside,". "I’m trying to work on a celebration. I’ve been listening to a lot of music at home so maybe when I score again you’ll see a little dance."

United's defending was dreadful once again but I'm pleased that we've qualified. I have no idea how Fletcher didn't get a penalty :shocked. Shocking decision :smhid

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #997 on: November 04, 2009, 08:18:12 AM »
Milan-Madrid match was infuriating at times :mon mad: :mon mad:

Bayern has been doing terribly lately, fully expected Bourdeaux and Marseille to both win (fuck yeah, go French clubs). Thought Chelsea could have picked up a win, probably the only surprise of the night.

Time for the real games tonight baby :jerk:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #998 on: November 05, 2009, 12:58:12 AM »
Lolz at Ryan Babel. Scored a screamer of a goal but no less than 2 minutes later, he puts in a "cross" that reminds everyone why people don't rate him so highly.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #999 on: November 08, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/11/08/1611460/barcelona-in-shock-85m-swoop-for-manchester-united-star
Because Barca isn't packing enough firepower already. The source is.. :rofl: at best anyway. They'd be better off spending that dough on Pato, Villa, Robinho, or someone else, as far as I see it.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: G.NA - Top Girl