JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - Peanuts Butter Jelly Love

Author Topic: 911 DISPATCHER offers to shoot caller's daughter  (Read 8164 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
911 DISPATCHER offers to shoot caller's daughter
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 01:31:09 AM »
WORD. I know discipline made me harder, and I thank my pops for beating the hell outta me. My pain threshold is enormous. :lol: now you slap a kid and its fuckin child abuse, off to the foster home. infuckincredible.

You guys should actually hear the call. I heard it on the radio, and the guy backpedals instantly. He's like "Yeah, yeah, yeah......oh I'm in shit now"

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 12:48:36 PM »
That was pretty funny. Who the hell calls the cops for something like that? And I meet that guy in person just to shake his hand and say 'That, my dear sir, was fucking gold!', with the Brit accent and all.

Offline ar-a-mach

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 03:55:42 PM »
lmao i give the ammo hahaha this is totaly my sense of humour

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 08:58:32 PM »
Check it out. Here's the call freshly ripped from The Jim Rome Show:

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1FTVJZD7FJSRH14Q0WU7JCAWU4

The long pause is priceless. :lmao: :lmao:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 12:18:34 AM »
Quote from: TheQuickening
Kuno_Thunder,Say, you're Filipino, right?  Have you been "back home" recently?  Is it true that there are army guys in the malls and they frisk you before you're allowed to enter?  And what's this about 7-11's? My cousin just came bck from a trip back home and said she saw the funniest shit at a 7-11 in Manila but she wouldn't tell me what.  Any thoughts on what she was talking about?

I went back in 98 for 3 weeks, and in 01 for a month.  I've been back before then, but I was really little.  The funniest thing I saw at 7-11 there was a fully armed guard there.  I'm talking, FULLY ARMED.  Like, he could almost work for Jack Bauer at CTU with the shit he was packing.  Poor guy must have been roasting carrying all that gear tho.

I've got another story for you, but maybe it isn't appropriate to tell it here - I wouldn't want to offend anyone  :halo: .  If I see you in the IRC room later, I'll tell ya all about it.  Oh, and sorry it took me 10 days to reply. :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 05:10:54 AM »
When I was on Cyprus the first thing I needed to get used to was teenagers with automatic weapons.

At the airport there's local police, all with machine pistols walking around looking nervous.

Once I got to Nicosia (the world's only remaining divided capital) I had to get used to the Cypriot military's teenagers walking around with automatic rifles and the Argentinian peacekeepers driving around in jeeps with M16s and rocket launchers.

If I went to the north end of town to get ice cream, the Turkish soldiers would stare at you from across a 40 foot no man's land.

I also approached the Israeli embassy when I was site-seeing and forgot I had my backpack on. The result was having 5 soldiers pointing their M16s at me and shouting.  :o

So yeah, once nice thing in Canada is that aside from SWAT the only guns I see are 9mm.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 04:53:51 PM »
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
I went back in 98 for 3 weeks, and in 01 for a month.  I've been back before then, but I was really little.  The funniest thing I saw at 7-11 there was a fully armed guard there.  I'm talking, FULLY ARMED.  Like, he could almost work for Jack Bauer at CTU with the shit he was packing.  Poor guy must have been roasting carrying all that gear tho.

I've got another story for you, but maybe it isn't appropriate to tell it here - I wouldn't want to offend anyone  :halo: .  If I see you in the IRC room later, I'll tell ya all about it.  Oh, and sorry it took me 10 days to reply. :lol:

No worries man.  I can't go online at work, my cubicle is right in front of my boss's office. And unfortunately my computer connection at home is a major piece o' shit.  I'm only on a "LITE" high-speed connection (it's all I can afford right now, cuz I'm still paying off my student loans). Might be about 1/2 the speed of regular Cable modems/ADSL.  That's why when I'm home, I post everywhere at once (in case you haven't noticed), 'cuz my connection's not that great.  Anyway, the connection in my apartment building is slowed down even more b/c there are several other tenants on cable modem, and you know what happens there.   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:   So I didn't bother signing on to the IRC.  Just PM me the story.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 06:17:01 PM »
Quote from: TheQuickening

Being the child of an immigrant parent, I got my ass whupped if/when I misbehaved.  Children need to fear their parents a little bit, IMO.  

I've noticed that most caucasian families don't 'discipline' their kids like this.  I think they should.

I got 'palo' when I was a kid when i misbehaved.  Look at me now!  I turned out great! =D It was my mom who did it, usually with chinelas (rubber slippers).  I didn't mind if my mom got mad, but my brother and I were super scared to get my dad mad =P Just one look from him was enough for us to obey

Oooh, they also disciplined me by telling me to 'go to the corner'.  You would just stand and face the corner.  My brother would then suggest I have to kneel on hard Mongo beans cuz he wanted me to suffer more.
word.

Offline Carrie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 06:40:25 PM »
I think the kids in the town I grew up in must not have been so lucky then  :lol:  (Very small, very white town. More diverse, now, I believe. Thank goodness) I can't think of anyone I knew that wasn't spanked.

Offline zlchn

• Nacchi is HAWT
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »
I've noticed that most caucasian families don't 'discipline' their kids like this. I think they should.

I can't speak for any other caucasian  familes.. but  in my parents house... they would have pealed some wigs if they came home with everyone fighting like that. My dad would beat some ass with a belt. LOL and the whole time he would be be bitchin like " I work my ass of for you ungratful bastard to wreck my houselike this.. I dont think so" It's kinda funny to  think of now.. now that I can finally sit down. haha

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 10:36:36 PM »
I think that's it's a little too big a pot to mean anything.

Greek families, German families, and Spanish families all act completely differently towards each other and on corporal punishment.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2005, 02:21:04 AM »
Quote from: Asmodai
Greek families, German families, and Spanish families all act completely differently towards each other and on corporal punishment.

In what way?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2005, 02:26:01 AM »
I know a few Swiss families and they're far stricter than anyone else I know. I also know some German Mennonite families that use the stick.

The boys in the Greek families I know are treated like royalty almost, and can get away with anything. The girls not so much.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2005, 03:27:37 AM »
Unfortunately that's how it's traditionally been.  Males have usually gotten preferential treatment over females.  Especially in the old days, where boys were encouraged to study and work hard to get a good job, and girls were taught how to cook and clean and were told to be a "good wife".  Fortunately here in North America that type of attitude is being changed/replaced with a more progressive one.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - Peanuts Butter Jelly Love