JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - One or Eight

Author Topic: [Dorama] Muse no Kagami (starring Sashihara Rino)  (Read 9624 times)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
[Dorama] Muse no Kagami (starring Sashihara Rino)
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:50:34 AM »

AKB48′s Sashihara Rino to star in drama series “Muse no Kagami”
Posted on December 26, 2011 by

Image from: Natalie

The latest AKB48 member to get a starring role in a drama series is Sashihara Rino (19). It was revealed today that she will play the lead in NTV’s “Muse no Kagami,” which begins in January.

In “Muse no Kagami,” Sashihara plays a seemingly ordinary girl from the countryside with no special qualities. However, she encounters a former famous actor named Okita Ryu, who discovers her ability to instantly memorize lines after hearing them once and her hidden acting prowess. As a result, he decides to set her on the path towards becoming an actress.

The drama is written and directed by Fukuda Yuichi (“33-pun no Tantei,” “Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro”). The series is scheduled to air on Saturday nights at 1:55am, starting on January 14.

Sources:
Sponichi Annex
Mantan Web
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/akb48s-sashihara-rino-to-star-in-drama-series-muse-no-kagami/

The other writeup
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/12/akb48s-sashihara-rino-to-star-in-a-drama-for-the-first-time/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 02:55:49 AM by YKT »

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Dorama] Muse no Kagami (starring Sashihara Rino)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
The premise of this sounds kinda... boring :lol:  But I seriously don't care cause it's Sasshi!! :D  I'm so loving this news!  I hope that this does turn out to be a pretty good drama.

I'm not really sure how good an actress Sasshi is since I've only really seen her in Majisuka (and I find it hard to use that as a judge since she didn't get to do much acting other than just pretending to be tough).  I'll be interested to see how she does.  She certainly seems very comfortable in front of the camera so I sense that she could be pretty good.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »

Offline z3144228

• ん♥♥
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 07:13:41 PM »

1st episode

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »
Hmm....... I'm not exactly blown away by the first ep. The acting and production reminds me of idol horror movies.
...And I'm not entirely sure if it's drama or comedy  :lol:

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
Only 11 mins, WTF!?

Anyway, my thoughts after watching the first ep are...  I actually liked it quite a bit.

I didn't think I would at first.  Partly because it feels a little unpolished and also partly my fault due to simply not being able to really understand what is going on.  There's a lot of dialogue and not many visual cues to show the plot and I really struggled with my very basic Japanese to get a grasp of what was happening.  I mean, yeah, I get the very basic plot, thats kinda obvious after reading the synopsis in this thread.  But anything else is lost on me.

But after the opening with Sasshi talking to those girls and then that guy appearing I suddenly found myself enjoying it.  It had almost lost my attention by that point if I'm completely honest.  I actually started doing something else and figured I'd just let this run in the background and catch a little bit here and there.  But somehow it grabbed my attention again and I started to enjoy it.

And, perhaps I'm being biased, but I think that Sasshi is actually giving a damn solid performance here.  She's not overacting and she's delivering some reasonable emotions too.  If anything perhaps that's whats making me want to see more, to see where Sasshi can go with this.  But I'll admit that there is definitely some bias cause I am kinda finding myself going a bit  :wub: everytime Sasshi appears :lol:

And Barrie, I agree with what you said about not being sure if this is supposed to be serious or a comedy.  It's playing off as quite serious in parts but then that whole bit with the guy coaching the girls came across as comedy disguised as drama.

I definitely want to see more of this though.  If only just to have another go at figuring out what the hell is going on :lol:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »
I walked away from the first episode confused and thoroughly not entertained. :nervous As Barrie said, what exactly are they trying to get at here? Are we trying to be funny or serious? This blend is really hard to do in 11 minutes and for me, it ain't working. I'll wait and see how the next couple of episodes go, though.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 04:14:53 AM »
I didn't realize this was written by Fukuda Yuichi. I've seen and enjoyed most of the dramas he's worked on; with kind of weird subtle humor that I like.

Checked out the first episode. It's like at the tip of being either serious or funny, felt awkward at times, but I hope it gets funny and silly like 33pun Tantei.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:13 AM »
It would be normal to keep throwing unrelated challenges at sasshi to the path of idolism, she's used to that. :P
But I didn't see any of that in the preview of the next ep, making me have no idea what will happen. ;)

Offline edsonmassao

• AKB48 Media downloader
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Cho!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »
English subs in Project48 http://sub48forum.kevinkwanhk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=347

Well, all Sashi's material related catch my attention, so I hope this will be a good drama...let's check the Sashihara Quality :lol:
AKB48 BR fan  ^^

Offline freakonboard

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
ep2

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 05:28:22 PM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
...for some reason this dorama gets a movie release!

The movie, tentatively titled “Eigaban: Muse no Kagami,” is scheduled for nationwide release this summer.

Mantan Web

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »

So anyway, like I was saying, Sassy is obvs gonna rocket to center in the next election.

^QFfun XD

Ratings out

1月14日 2.6%  EP1
1月21日 1.8%  EP2
1月28日 1.8%  EP3
2月*4日 1.0%  EP4
2月11日 1.9%  特別編
2月18日 2.4%  EP5
2月25日 1.7%  EP6
3月*3日 1.7%  EP7
3月10日 1.7%  EP8
3月17日 1.4%  EP9