JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Kumonoito

Author Topic: Working "Friday" 24/7 [Chapter 6]  (Read 3987 times)

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
Working "Friday" 24/7 [Chapter 6]
« on: November 10, 2007, 10:06:08 PM »
im in ur fanfics meking 2 many threads… :grin:

It’s true, and after all my failed writing attempts I’ve decided to go back to a similar sort of style to my first fic here; it wasn’t a fantasy setting or anything like that, just good old H!P fun and the girls living out their daily lives. Although I think that it could have been much better than it actually ended up (or what did get done of it) it was actually the one that seemed to get the best response so I’m doing away with the fantasy elements; I’m also thinking of borrowing a couple of ideas I had in mind from my first one, but not too many. If this one goes well then I may go back to a fantasy fic in the future…more likely though is that this will just die on it’s ass xD.

I actually just spent a good 3 or so hours writing a lot of plotlines out for a fic then decided I didn’t want to do it xD. So instead of letting that happen again I’m going to plan as little out as possible and just see what happens…

----------------------

Chapter One: In Aya We Trust

Tuesday 29th May 2007

Around 12:30am, Shibuya, on a wet and windy day. It was another late night for Fujimoto Miki in her new home and yet again she found her self sat huddled with her knees to her chest on her brand new sofa. She had already managed to ruin it by wearing her muddy shoes while resting her feet on it, not a good idea on cream. The last few nights had been spent outside anyway, so she was just prepared for what lay ahead. Though on previous nights she’d already be out by now, but Miki hadn’t been checking the time, she’d been sitting in silence staring at the blank TV screen waiting for the doorbell.
Instead she got a knock, but she didn’t really care as it was good enough for her; she launched herself out of her seat and rushed out of the living room to the front door. As she swung open the door she couldn’t help but stifle a laugh despite not being in the best of moods: Matsuura Aya stood in front of her in a yellow mac and green wellies looking slightly annoyed and very wet. Fujimoto’s brief happiness faded again quickly as she remembered why Aya was here seeing her solemn face.

“Come in.”  Miki said, no hugs or friendly smiles like usual. Things had been awkward between them recently.

Aya walked straight past Miki into the living room but didn’t take a seat, instead stubbornly standing in the middle of the room waiting for Miki to do the same. Instead she gave her a slightly puzzled look.

“I thought we’d be going outside?”

“You just asked me to come in didn’t you?”

“Just out of manners really…”

Miki had just said it for common courtesy but really didn’t expect Aya to waltz in.

“Well to be honest I’m sick of these little talks we’ve been having and lurking in the shadows. If someone sees me here then so what? God you’re over-reacting to all this.” Aya said in a blank voice as she pulled her hood down.

Miki couldn’t believe what she was hearing; it was Aya’s idea in the first place to even bother having these meetings in the first place.

“Over-reacting? Are you serious? You was the one who convinced me to get the hell out of Hello Project in the first place!”

“And why the hell do you think I did that? To stop you acting like this!”

“Acting like what?” Miki said finally slamming the door shut as her anger started to grow.

“Like a little kid. Maybe you should have stayed there and see how things would have gone then eh?”

Miki fell silent for a moment, she wasn’t used to losing arguments but recently it had been happening all to often with Aya. Something had made things very different between them but was it Aya that had changed or was it her? She was angry with herself more than Aya for not knowing what to do next, Aya had been looking after her all this time and her she was arguing with her.

“You’ve got a whole year without the media watching your every move now.” Aya continued, “You still can’t go doing anything overly stupid sure, but this little cover-up has sure got them fooled for now at least so don’t go acting like you’d have been better off back at Hello Project.”

Aya’s right, Miki thought to herself, getting as far away from the spotlight was exactly what she needed right now in case anything did go wrong.

“So, what about Shouji-san?” she asked.

“I had a feeling you were going to ask that.” Aya replied turning to leave.

“Well it has been four days already, he must surely be wondering what exactly is going on by now. Are you just going to lie to him as well?”

“Don’t worry about it.” Aya said flicking her hood up once again with a smile, “I’ll deal with him.”

----------------------

Short chapter I know, but I’m hoping I can update more regularly than usual so… :monster: We still need that smiley.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:34:30 AM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Working "Friday" 24/7
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:09:58 AM »
Chapter Two: Unrest

Wednesday 30th May 11:23am 2007

When Miki awoke it was a clear, sunny morning, not that it mattered, everyday was a day off now. She started to get washed and clean her teeth when she noticed that she’d had a text from Aya during the night, sent at five o’clock.

“all taken care of :)

Miki finished waking herself up and proceeded to dial Aya’s phone. It went straight to answer phone; of course she was still in work, Miki hadn’t yet gotten used to the fact that people were still out there making things off their lives.

After she’d eaten her breakfast and sat in front of the TV for several hours watching terrible daytime programmes she started to feel more and more agitated. Every few minutes she glanced over to her phone in hopes of another message. But what was she expecting?

Aya’s taken care of things like she’d said she would, there was nothing to worry about right?

But Miki couldn’t help herself wanting to know the exact details of what was going on.
Not wanting to remain in the dark any longer she picked up her phone again and dialled Yoshizawa Hitomi’s number.

“Miki-sama, it’s a surprise to hear from you now. I’m actually kind of bu-”

“I won’t take long,” Miki interrupted, “Have you seen Ayaya today?”

“Yeah we had a little chat earlier, why what’s up?”

Miki started to feel she’d been a fool for phoning Hitomi already, what was she going to find out through her?

“Nothing really, I just was wanting her to come around after work to help me with something but her phone was off.”

“Why what’s up?” Hitomi repeated.

Miki new that Hitomi wasn’t stupid and that she knew that Miki hadn’t answered her question.

“Just a few problems with my…plumbing. My sink’s blocked.”

Miki wondered why she’d become so bad at lying all of a sudden, she’d never had any trouble with it before.

“Well it’s your lucky day, I was fixing my blocked sink just yesterday.”

What the hell? She’s lying just as much as I am.

“No it’s fine thanks, I’ll just as her-”

“Is Matsuura really that good at plumbing? If you’re not gonna call out a professional why don’t I just help you out?”

“No, I think I will call someone out actually, but thanks.”

“No way, I’m coming round straight after work, anyway I want to see this new house of yours.”

Miki knew that gossip travelled fast between the girls back at Hello! Project but she was annoyed that Yoshizawa invited herself around like that.

“Fine.” She said exasperated.

“It’s a date, see you around five.”

Yoshizawa hung up before she could respond and she was left feeling like a bigger fool than before. She decided not to be such a pushover when Hitomi did call round to her house later that night and tell her to mind her own business if she had to.

It was 4:51 when Yoshizawa rung the front doorbell to the house to which she was greeted by Miki’s forced smile.

“Hey come in, good to see you.” She knew full well it sounded like a complete lie, and it was. She planned to get her out of the house again as quickly as possible.

“Yeah, yeah. Well no need for small talk is there? Let’s get this sink fixed.” Yoshizawa said rolling up her sleeves and making her way through the living room and into the kitchen.

“Actually, I called someone out to fix it earlier, but thanks anyway.”

“Oh yeah? Which firm did you use?” asked Hitomi sopping and turning to face Miki.

She’d stopped so suddenly that Miki almost walked straight into her and their faces were just inches away from each other.

“Err, I called…Mizukami-san. He’s a erm local plumber.”

“Ah right cool……Could I have the number?”

What the fuck is she talking about?

“You don’t live here though…”

“Yeah but one day I might be in the area…or I might move to this area, it does look kinda nice around here.”

Miki knew full well that Hitomi wasn’t making any effort in covering up her lies. She knew how obvious she must have seemed herself though.

“I lost it.” Miki said plainly.

“Oh yeah?” Yoshizawa said raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah.”

“Okay, enough crap now, what did you want Aya for really?”

Miki was pretty shocked to here her come straight out with it like that, but still she thought she’d go for the shock tactics as well.

“None of your business is it? Now why don’t you get the hell out of here?”

A smile formed on Hitomi’s face.

“You made it my business by phoning me. This is about your scandal isn’t it?”

Miki really did respect Hitomi’s intelligence but she was still annoyed at the fact that she’d shown so much cheek to her and her privacy.

“And if it is?” Miki asked defiantly.

“Well it’s obvious you’re not going to tell me anything so I’ll just find out what’s going on through someone else.”

“Why the hell are you being such a bitch about this? How about you just get out of here and pretend this never happened?” Miki said trying to stop herself from punching Hitomi.

“Alright then.” Hitomi replied. “Let’s pretend this never happened, yeah?”

“…yeah.”

Hitomi finally backed away a little from Miki before showing her a beaming smile and giving her a hug. She then made her way out of the door and closed it behind her without saying a word. Miki was left in the living room in a little state of shock. She knew it wasn’t going to be that easy, somehow she had to stop Hitomi from trying to talk to anyone about this.

Wait what am I thinking? Who can she talk to? Aya? She knows not to say anything. None of the girls know anything, Tsunku doesn’t know anything, hell, not even the press know anything really. The only person who does know why I really left is…Shouji.

Suddenly Miki had the same uneasy feeling of not knowing what to do that she’d had a few hours earlier.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:02:37 PM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 01:56:54 AM »
Oh the suspense...  :twisted:

I had an ominous feeling upon reading the title, but it's gone now. I had some strange thoughts at first, but this seems nothing like them, which is a great thing, actually.  :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 02:28:01 AM »
Miki and Aya are involved in some secret plot? :dunno:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »
Chapter Three: Another Late Night

Thursday 31st May 1:26am 2007

The rest of the day went far too uneventfully for Miki’s liking as it gave her little else to think about, especially since Aya hadn’t answered her phone all day. Miki was about to fall asleep on the sofa when her mobile started to ring. She grabbed it from the table and saw that it was Aya calling her.

“Hello?”

“You called me?” Aya said flatly, Miki could already sense the annoyance in her voice.

“Yeah, I was just wanting to know what was going on.”

“Going on with what?”

“Well, did you speak with Shouji? And-”

“I already told you I’d sorted that.”

“So, what happened?”

“Why does it matter?”

“Well ,I’d just like to know since-”

“Do you wanna do this by yourself?”

“No, of course not, I just want to know what’s going on.”

“Don’t be stupid. You don’t want to get more involved in this, that’s what you said right? Well this is the easiest way out for you, the less you know the better off things are for you.”

“Yeah…”

“Well I’ve got some good news for you anyway; you might be able to get out of your debt a little easier than we though.”

Miki had been drifting away as the conversation had gone one, she knew she wasn’t going to get any answers from Aya, but suddenly she was giving her full attention again.

“What, what is it?”

“I’ve got a package for you. I’m guessing you know what I’m going to say next right?”

“Yeah, where do I have to take it to?”

Aya paused for a moment and Miki was sure there was a faint sound of happiness in her voice as she said:

“This is where it gets really interesting; you’ve got to take it to the Up Front head office.”

“What the fuck?!” Miki shouted. “Why the hell do I need to take it there?”

“No idea.” Aya replied calmly. “Maybe they’re testing just how much balls you’ve got? It would be pretty gutsy to waltz straight into there with some of this stuff…but damn Miki, you do owe a hell of a lot of money to these guys.”

Miki knew full well of the dangers of getting caught, and she didn’t think it was such a big deal taking it to the Up Front building. What bothered her most was the fact that they’d decided to pick there of all places simply to play around with her.

“Yeah well I’ll do it.”

“I was hoping you’d say that, it’s probably for the best. I’ll drop it off for you tomorrow morning as well as the instructions they give me.”

“What time will y-”

“I’ll just post them during the night, don’t worry about it. Heh, just be glad your letter box is at the bottom of your door.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Well how would you explain a bunch of white powder on the floor if the bag burst? Reporters could try and get into your house at any time really let’s be honest. Well anyway, see you later.”

“Bye…”

Miki’s heart skipped a beat, she was suddenly reminded just how much trouble she was in and how serious things had become. She was going to go to her employers and supply them with drugs; this didn’t make much sense to her.

This is just some game for them isn’t it? It seems a bit of a coincidence that I’m going to be delivering this stuff for someone I used to work with. But it’s either this, or refuse to do it and have these guys hounding me for the money I owe them which…I don’t have.

Miki tried to calm herself down and took a look at the time on her phone, just gone 2am. She decided it was best to at least and get to sleep even though she was wide awake now.

I’ll get things sorted tomorrow and then it will all be over, hell I may even be able to work back at Hello Project once all this is done.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:57:06 PM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »
WTF Miki's in debt, and is being made to do things in order to pay it off??? :OMG:

But then, to whom is it that she owes this debt? Yakuza? There's admittedly a pretty long history of them trying to get control/influence over H!P in the past, as well as of stuff they've done when they were rejected/refused.  Could it be FRIDAY? It doesn't really make sense that she'd owe them, but if by some weird set of circumstances she does, it could be that the mag is forcing her to do these things (especially this latest stunt with her apparently being a drug mule) so that they can get their next big scoop.

What's even more confusing is Aya's role in this. She seems to be almost like an intermediary between Miki and whoever it is that she owes this debt. How much is Aya involved in this?

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »
Chapter Four: Viyuden

Wednesday 30th May 12:52pm 2007

“Why do we always seem to end up talking about her?”

The three members of Viyuden were sat in the cafeteria at Up Front and Ishikawa Rika was annoyed that the topic of conversation had once again turned to Fujimoto Miki.

“Well you never seem to want to talk about her, so I never really get to say very much about it…” Yui said quietly.

“What is there to say? She got what she deserved for being an idiot. I don’t know why you have to talk about her to me of all people anyway; you know we didn’t get along. I was kind of hoping I wouldn’t have to talk about her again.”

“Don’t you think it’s a bit weird though? Why did she go and quit like that after being told she could stay?” Yui said perking up a little.

“You know what’s more weird? The fact you carry on talking about it despite what I’ve just said.” Rika had given up even looking at Yui and instead just continued to stare into her cup of coffee.

Erika had decided to stay quiet the whole time, she was a little interested in what had happened to Fujimoto but knew it was a bad idea to talk about it in front of Rika. An awkward silence ensued until Rika gave out an exasperated sigh and got up to leave. As soon as she was out of earshot Erika finally decided to speak up.

“Is there something wrong with you?”

“No, why?”

“You know it’s a bad idea to talk Fujimoto in front of her, she’ll be in a bad mood all day now.”

“Well don’t you think it’s odd tha-”

“There you go again! Yes I do think it’s odd, but honestly I don’t really care either.”

“You can talk about it now you know, she’s left…”

“Just because I can talk about it doesn’t mean I want to. Seriously you’re starting to annoy me with all of this too, just drop it okay? Or at least go and talk about it to someone who does care.”

Erika left with an annoyed look on her face just as Matsuura Aya was walking through the cafeteria. She didn’t make an eye contact with Yui as she was about to pass so Yui grabbed onto her coat as she was passing. Aya stopped and looked down at Yui and for a split second Yui thought she had a menacing look on her face but it quickly changed to a friendly smile.

“Hey, what’s up Okada?”

“Hi Matsuura, I was just wondering…how’s Fujimoto been recently? I was just asking ‘cause I know you’re good friends and all.”

“Hmm, I wish I could tell you, I haven’t spoken to Miki in about a week now, she won’t answer any of my calls and she hasn’t tried to contact me.”

“Really? Sorry to hear that, well if you do speak to her let her know I hope she’s okay.”

“Yeah no problem, thanks a lot.”

Aya left Yui sat alone again, more curious than ever.

I know some of the other girls haven’t been able to contact Fujimoto, but Aya? Those two were always together, something must bad must have really happened to her for them not to have spoken to each other…Nah, Fujimoto’s probably just wanting a little time lone so she can get things sorted I guess.

Yui was trying to make herself believe this but she wasn’t really convinced, she was sure there was more to it than what was on the surface. The most annoying thing was that no-one else saw it that way, or if they did they didn’t care.

Erika quickly caught up with Rika further along the corridor and shouted after her.

“Hey wait up Rika!”

Rika turned to see who it was and carried on walking, making Erika rush to catch up to her.

“Where you off to?”

“Away from her.”

“Damn this really is annoying you huh?”

“Yup.”

“Well how about we go for a drink, talk about something else from a little while eh?”

“No, I’m busy now.”

Erika frowned, if Rika was busy then why had she been sat in the cafeteria few minutes earlier? The only reason she seemed to have left was Yui annoying her.

“Busy doing what?” She asked unsubtly.

“I need to go and find Matsuura, I’ve got an idea to get rid of Fujimoto for good.”

-----------------------

I've added times to the top of each post so far so that you can make more sense of the timeline. :monster:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:57:21 PM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »
Rika was trying to get rid of Miki, and Aya's in cahoots with her on it? :o

Now more than ever it's looking like Aya's more deeply involved in this whole thing than we currently know.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 07:21:27 PM »
Sorry this has been a pretty slow update but it's the first moment I've had the time to do so. Thanks for the comments as always JFC. :monster:

----------------

Chapter Five: Begin Again

Friday 25th May 5:46pm 2007

They’d heard a few rumours in the past few days but the two new leads of Morning Musume still sat holding a copy of Friday magazine each in shock. They were sat in the sub-leaders bedroom and had been for the past few hours. Niigaki Risa flipped through the pages again as if looking for some sort of further answer or explanation but still couldn’t believe what she was reading. Takahashi as the newly promoted leader of the group sat in equal silence but didn’t show any sort of emotion on her face.

“I can’t believe this…” Risa said half talking to herself.

“I’m not that surprised really.” Ai replied nonchalantly, not breaking her blank gaze.

“What? What do you mean?”

“Well yeah, I suppose it has come as a bit of a shock but…well really now that it has happened I’m not surprised at all.”

“Why did she say something to you?”

“No of course not. But it’s obviously more than just coincidence that this happens as soon as she takes over the group.”

“Well yeah, but still, I didn’t think she’d stoop this low…especially not for a guy…”

Ai finally looked over at Risa.

“Pfft, I don’t think she did this for him, since when has she really cared about anyone except herself?”

“Well she and Aya-”

Risa didn’t like playing dumb but she was annoyed at Miki and didn’t want to say anything too harsh in case Ai pulled her up on it.

“Of course she has friends, I wasn’t saying she isn’t popular…Hell, a lot of the girls were jealous of how popular she was really even though she never really spoke to a lot of them too much right? Didn’t you notice that too?”

Risa wasn’t sure if Ai was asking if she had been jealous of her or if she was actually admitting that Ai herself was and that she wanted Risa to back her up.

“Well she seemed to have a lot of friend outside of work.”

“That doesn’t really answer the question. But anyway, when did you ever see Miki talking to this guy?”

Ai presented the page of Friday to Risa which showed Miki with her apparent new boyfriend.

“Well...never, but what does that mean? Like you just said she has a lot of friends outside of who we know about.”

“You’re looking at this with a pretty closed view aren’t you?” Ai said frowning a little and sounding slightly disappointed with Risa.

Risa suddenly felt a little guilty but she didn’t know really know why.

Why the heck I she looking at me like that? It makes me feel like I’ve done something wrong but…I haven’t. I just feel like I can’t upset her or make her angry, what’s wrong with me?

“Well, you’ve obviously got something in mind for you to say that.” Risa said trying not to sound too defensive.

It seemed like she’d said the right thing as Ai smiled a little.

“Yeah I have. I could be wrong but I reckon this is all some set up.”

“Huh? Why the heck would you think that? You don’t even kno-”

“I don’t really have a reason, I’m just being curious is all.”

Risa was extremely confused by this point.

“What are you trying to tell me?”

“I say we have a little fun. Just do a little adventure for ourselves.”

“I still don’t know what you’re talking about. Or at least…I hope I don’t.”

“Haha, nothing serious, I just think we should see if we can find anything else about this.”

“No way, I don’t want to get caught up with Friday too…”

“I said nothing serious didn’t I? We’ll just ask a few people around work what they think of things. You never know, we might actually find something out.”

“I don’t know exactly what you have in mind but whatever; I guess I’ll play along for now.”

Risa smiled, she didn’t know if this was just Ai fooling around or if she was serious about this. This was why she liked her so much, Ai was so impulsive and you never knew what she was going to do next. She’d be quiet for days on end and you’d hardly notice se was there and then she’d suddenly say something crazy or have some weird hair brain idea.

“That’s what I like to here, this is gonna be fun just wait and see.” Ai said sounding very pleased with herself.

“Yeah well, we’ll see.” Risa said returning the smile.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 02:59:24 AM by Cookie Holiday »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Working "Friday" 24/7 [Chapter 5]
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 12:37:38 AM »
Sorry this has been a pretty slow update but it's the first moment I've had the time to do so. Thanks for the comments as always JFC. :monster:
No worries dude. :thumbsup

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...detective Aichan and detective Risa! :w00t:

Something tells me they're either going to find out a bit more than they bargained for...or they're just going to keep hitting dead ends. :lol:

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Working "Friday" 24/7 [Chapter 5]
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 03:34:18 AM »
Chapter Six: Friends Forever

Tuesday 29th May 12:57pm 2007

It had been a pretty hectic last few days for Risa as she had to work extra hard due to the changes in schedules and job plans thanks to Miki’s departure from the band. She’d had little time to think about what Ai had said to her a few days before and Ai hadn’t really been pressing the issue either. She’d made one or two comments which had been a little embarrassing as it always seemed to be in front of at least one of the other girls, but she was a little surprised when one of the other girls had questioned her about it.

Risa was just heading into the cafeteria and before she had time to react Yui had walked straight into her.

“Oh sorry! I was miles away there for a moment…”

“No problem, see you later anyway.”

Risa had made it passed Yui but turned around again as she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“Actually Niigaki, there’s something I’d like to ask you if that’s okay?”

“Erm, yeah sure.”

For some reason Yui had suddenly gone quiet and seemed very guilty about what she was about to ask.

“I was just wondering what you thought about all the things that have happened to Fujimoto over the past few days.”

Risa was pretty surprised to here her ask; of course a lot of the girls had been talking about it recently but it was the way she asked her more than anything else.

“Erm, well I dunno what to think really…I don’t think anybody does really do they? I was speaking with Ai-chan a few days ago and she seemed pretty interested on what was going on too.”

Yui suddenly seemed to spring to life at Risa’s last comment.

“Really? So does she think that this is all a bit weird too?”

Now Risa really was taken aback, she had thought it was just Ai who thought there was more to this than it seemed; Yui seemed to be extremely excited at the prospect that someone shared the same view as her though.

“Well I’m not really sure, we just had a bit of a talk about it and she seems to think that this was all a set-up or something…you’re better off talking to her about it really. I’m kinda hungry…”

“Oh yeah yeah sure. I’ll make sure to go speak with Ai-chan about this, thanks a lot Niigaki!”

Yui rushed off down the corridor making Risa think she’d been a little stupid. Ai ahd said this wasn’t anything serious and now Yui was probably going to go rushing to her spouting out some crazy theories that she had.

As Risa sat down at a free table with the tray of ramen she’d picked out she was slightly startled as Aya decided to sit on the seat opposite her, clearly wanting her presence to be known.

“Oh hey Matsuura, what’s up?”

“Not much, you?”

“Er, fine thanks.”

Risa could already tell this was just small talk, Aya had obviously come over for a reason, and she was pretty sure she knew what that reason was.

“I don’t wanna seem pushy or anything here but I couldn’t help over-hearing your conversation with Okada just now.”

“Oh yeah, sorry about that.”

“No it’s no problem, I guess if anything I shouldn’t be so nosey if anything eh?” Aya said with a laugh.

Her best friend had just been caught in the middle of a scandal but Aya seemed as cheery as ever, if not more so, Risa sort of admired her for putting on a brave face.

“Well I just wanted to say that I’d prefer if you tried not to talk about it? Yui’s lready got it into her head that there’s something else weird going on with this but trust me…there isn’t.”

“Oh yeah sure, I’m sorry it’s just Ai and me had-”

“No don’t worry about it!” Aya smiled at Risa and gave her a tap on the hand. “It’s fine; just please try and say as little as possible okay? I’m not accusing you of anything but rumours can get out of hand at a place like this pretty quick if you know what I mean?

“Sure thing.” Risa was pretty happy that Aya had spoken to her, she’d seemed pretty intimidating for some reason when she had first come over but Risa felt relaxed by what she had said as well as feeling a little sorry for her.

“Thanks a lot, I wish that this was some sort of cover story and that Miki hadn’t gone and done something stupid like this but…well it’s her life I guess.”

“Yeah well, let her know we’re supporting her anyway.”

“Thanks, that’ll mean a lot to her to hear that. I should see here again tonight so I’ll let her know.”

“So you two have been keeping in touch then?”

“Yeah everyday so far, I’ve just been calling round to her house but…do me a favour, don’t try and get in touch with her yourself, she’s not exactly in the greatest of moods right now so it’d be best for everyone to just leave her alone for a while.”

“No problem, I can understand that.”

“Right well I’ve gotta go, been pretty busy with new stuff for the album. I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah good luck.”

Aya made her way out of the cafeteria and Risa had what little doubts over Miki’s scandal wiped away. Yui may have made Ai a little more interested in what was happening but Risa would make sure to tell Ai everything Aya had said. She was sure Ai would understand and they could both watch as Yui provided them with a few laughs.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Working "Friday" 24/7 [Chapter 6]
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 04:06:09 AM »
Aya's doing a pretty slick job of playing "spin-doctor" with the girls.

Yui DOES sort of seem the type to keep forging ahead once her mind is set on something, doesn't she? :lol:

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Working "Friday" 24/7 [Chapter 6]
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 02:46:44 AM »
I've decided to put this on hold for now unless I get some moer replies.

I've got a little bit of uni work to do at the mo and I'm not really too revved up about this at the mo. Thanks as always for the comments JFC but if anyone else has any interest then let me know 'cause at the mo I'm not too assed about making room for this. :monster:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Kumonoito