JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - TOKYO GIRL

Author Topic: The Suggestion Box!!  (Read 156986 times)

Offline Shining Star

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Suggestion Box!!
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 03:29:04 PM »
I have a sugestion or mabe a question, is it possible to make a seach for members name in the picoda? Or if not maybe that should be made, like adding tags like "Koharu Kusumi" or "Morning Musume" "BeryZ"  to be able to search for them. Now it looks like they are all mixed up and you have to check every single site to hope to find the pics of the member you'r looking for.

I think this could improve the picoda and encourage people to use it. :) I wouldn't mind browsing trough all of them and rename (re tag) them properly so they could show up in search results.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:32:41 PM by Shining Star »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
Nice one Shining Star, never thought of that. ebc, whaddya think?

Offline Shining Star

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
You mean maybe tab's with the ABC's letters on them could show the pictures of that members who's name starts with that selected letter?
Like K gives: Kimuru, Kitakara,  Koharu, Konno, that would be nice, or anything else to give it some tructure and system to make it user friendly. :)

As a joke I would suggest:
How about a rating system where we can give 1 to 5 star rating on pics depending on how faptastic the pic is. :D (jk)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
I've actually implemented the search function on other installs of the same picroda software, but the particular php install on our server didn't support it at the time. (it was lacking mbstring if I remember right...)

But you are right, when implemented, it makes the roda a lot more useful. Guess it'd be worth checking out again at some point.

Offline Demon Eyes

• My Slashables!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I See It, Do you?
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 04:06:02 AM »
Hi there,

Not so sure what exactly we are supposed to put in here but I was just pondering....

a) In the Fanfics section, is it possible to add a section where members share H!P fanfics not here or not by the writers here. They can give the title, pairing, link and author and then the mods could contact the writers for permission to list their fics in the FanFic archive, which brings me to my second suggestion.

b) I would like to make it clear first that I really love the Cheat Sheet but, there is something missing there.

Here is where my Fan Fiction Archive idea comes in. We could start one which would be placed at the top, in between Home and Forum or Forum and Help.

Organization for best navigation would be like this;

1-Berryz Kobo

2-Berryz Beautiful Updated 14 Oct 2008
Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [Ongoing]
Author: rokun
Summary: This is a working title, though I suppose at this point it probably won't change. This is intended to be a sort of "teenage soap" featuring the girls from Berryz. Young romance abounds, from the innocence of Risako to the quite contrasting maturity of Captain. Miyabi is pretty much just along for the ride, and what a wacky ride it can be! Her experiences change depending on who she's around. Will she prey on the innocence of Risako? Will she fall victim to Captain's seduction? Will she ever be able to like Momoko? How long can she put up with the antics of Chinami, Maasa and Yurina? Since it's a soap the story will flow and change as it goes on, but recently Miyabi's found a new flame and there has been a shocking death that might undermine the seemingly inseparable unity of the Berryz crew and send Miyabi along a twisted path of power that she may never be able to recover from... Romance/Angst/Fantasy. It's Berryz, so pretty innocent, although there are some stark reminders of the realities of life.
Pairing: Miyabi/Saki, Miyabi/Risako, Momoko/Saki, (Chinami/Yurina, Maasa/Yurina - made these up), etc...

1-ºC-ute

1-Crossovers
2-All Aboard

1-GAM

1-Hello Pro Egg

1-Ice Creamusume

1-Melon Kinenbi

1-Morning Musume
2-Curse Of The Dragons Added 11 Jan 2009 NEW
Chapters: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [COMPLETE]
Author: rokun
Summary: This was my first H!P fic. Morning Musume and other H!P girls are flown to a mysterious island where they discover hidden, dark, and magical truths about their ancestors that are meant to help them become "better" idols. However, Reina and to an extent Miki dig a little too deep and find the true darkness behind it all. Will Ai-chan and the others be able to stop them before it's too late? Romance/Horror/Fantasy/Drama. As you might tell, it's pretty dark and serious at points too.
Pairing: Ai/OC, Ai/Reina, Miki/Reina, Aya/Miki, etc...

Examples given: the 1- means that it is the first page in the Fan Fiction Archive section. 2- Then the page you go to after you click into the Morning Musume/etc section. Clicking the Chapter No. takes you to that chapter page which will have a link to the next/previous chapter at the bottom of it's page. clicking on the author's name takes you to their profile. We could also multi post fics like "Curse Of The Dragons" into the GAM section but not post All Aboard into the Morning Musume section because "CotD" only has Aya as the only none Musume member.

Whew, lots of work, huh?

Then when we receive a 'Go' from an off-site author, we add their story to this archive.

Neat, right?

Also, suggestion a) would really help and even save a lot of money(Well, for me at least but there might be more out there). What I mean is, I find a lot of fics that are not in English else where but they are the pairing that you will never find fics for in English or very little and they might be the pairings you are into. For example, I stumbled upon a gold mine of Miki/Reina fics but none were in English. I sent one to be translated by professionals but it cost me 0.06 US per word. Seeing as it was 20191 words long, almost 1300US. For real. Whereas I am sure some of us here speak more than English so if we contact these authors who might be able to release an English version, think of the possibilities.

Also, it would be the best H!P fic archive no? Some work to for those who might wanna give a go to translating these none English fics.

PMs are our friends though seeing as we can only post English here, ne? ;)

So, what do you great leaders think? O0

And of course, if a writer here wants their fic to be added to the archive, they have to  send a PM to the Moderator in charge with the necessary info all stated clearly, like title, progress, summary, pairings etc...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:38:55 AM by Demon Eyes »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 05:15:07 AM »
^^hehe you're sig is too big, might wanna fix that up. (try reduce the height to 180px)

Other than that, umm I guess it's up to fanfic mods if they're keen.

About the picroda, I added mbstring support so the search works now. Stryfe said he might work on a thumbnail linking thing (like the old picroda had) so then people can easily link to pics from the forum again Yaay!

Offline Demon Eyes

• My Slashables!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I See It, Do you?
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 06:37:33 AM »
Whoa, thanks a lot for the warning.

*Fixed.

I wanna do more flags for other couples too. Eh heh!

GAM, Miki/Reina next...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:43:54 AM by Demon Eyes »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »
Two small suggestions:

1. Add this emoticon:
2. Move the Aya Hirano thread from the Ladylove to the Jmusic Artists section. Like Shokotan, she is much more than just a pretty girl. She still releases plenty of singles and is still very active as a seiyuu  :)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »
Two small suggestions:
Done and done!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 07:09:35 PM »
i have one.

A special thread in the HIP radio section for all the "guerrilla" playlists :)

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 11:50:16 PM »
Not to be taken seriously, but tenkei and I decided that there should exist a new generic top-level domain:

.ass

Totally restricted to JPH!P. Then we would have jphip.ass, rika.ass, hyde.ass, etc...   :twothumbs  
I know it's not possible, we were joking around with the idea... It's fun to think about anyway :ptam-glow:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:52:43 PM by Rei-chan »

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
Wouldn't it be beneficial for JPH!P to join in some affiliate programs:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/aff/?1=1&page=make_link
http://www.yesasia.com/global/en/home.html

Since we have a lot of people here, some of us are bound to shop at these sites. JPH!P gets a small percentage of the sale, which could be used for maintaining the site, prizes for competition, etc.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »
JPH!P is a non-profit society, We play the game by our rules, since 2005.
 - WE KEEP IT REAL SON!

WERD Rei - the key to a man's heart is ASS :shakeit:

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 05:48:46 PM »
This hasn't been used in a while, are people posting elsewhere?  :?

Is it possible to have spoiler tags?

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
^ I was wondering the same thing. There have been stuff I wanted to put in spoiler tags, but haven't been able to. =(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 05:37:39 AM »
I'm thinking this could become a popular smiley around here:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 12:28:39 AM »
^ Talking of smileys- Fushi pointed out that the ": D" emote- or face from here >>> :twothumbs  -- has gone and turned into : w00t: :D

Would it be possible to have that smiley back? D: I really liked using it... :lol:

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline desert-raven

• Member+
  • Too much to watch, so little time
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:12 AM »
Since I don't post very much at all, I can't get to some sections...it would be nice if you were here long enough that it also qualifies you to get in.

-Dave

Offline Atreyuxex

• Makoto,Rika&Rainie my chica's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lady loves <3
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 07:16:03 AM »
 :grin: Hey, JPHipity-Hop :grin:

I love you and have no complaints or suggestions for the forums.

However, I do have suggestion. As people know and have seen, Atreyuxex loves his headbands/hachimaki.
I was thinking it would be kinda cool to have a  :jphip: Hachimaki to wear around and have people point and stare at  :grin:.

Only a suggestion, that's all.

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
COME ON!! need more complaints :lol:

Kinda like a headband Karate Kid you mean? interesting. WE JUST had a new source of funds, we can investigate!!!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - TOKYO GIRL