JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing You (Schoolrock ver.)

Author Topic: Mitch Hedberg - I used to love him; I still do, but I used to, too  (Read 6747 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf

Mitchell Lee "Mitch" Hedberg (February 24, 1968 – March 30, 2005) was an American stand-up comedian known for his surreal humor and unconventional comedic delivery. His comedy typically featured short, sometimes one-line jokes, mixed with absurd elements and non sequiturs. Hedberg's comedy and on-stage persona gained him a cult following, with audience members sometimes shouting out the punchlines to his jokes before he could finish them. - Wikipedia

I wish I had known about him when he was alive. I found out about him right after he died, mainly because his death was announced on April Fools Day. I just love his totally random humor and delivery that's both rapid-fire and lazy. Nonetheless, having discovered his work I rank him with Dave Chappelle as one of my definite favorite comedians.

For those who also love this guy's comedy, what's your favorite Mitch line(s)?
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline gaoban

Re: Mitch Hedberg - I used to love him; I still do, but I used to, too
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
He's one of my top 5 standup comedians. RIP Mitch.

Offline ischym

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 05:04:25 AM »
Paraphrasing but

An escalator can never be out of order. They should put a sign saying "This escalator is temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 04:43:49 AM »
In honor of the 8th anniversary of Mitch's passing, here's him owning a heckler:

ねぇ、笑って?

Offline duffth

• ecchi
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »
ant if i ripped off all you legs you would look like a snowman :) ahhh mitch rip buddy.

Offline dejablue20

• ecchi
  • what do we do now?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:28:31 AM »
By all accounts he seemed like such a cool, down to earth guy.  I bet he was the type of guy to hang out after the show and have a smoke/beer with you.  It's too bad what happened to him... RIP

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 09:15:40 AM »
Pleasant surprise at Fanime last week: some of the escalators weren't running, so naturally the con staff put up signs...which led to someone apparently having some fun with them... :lol:

ねぇ、笑って?

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »
Pleasant surprise at Fanime last week: some of the escalators weren't running, so naturally the con staff put up signs...which led to someone apparently having some fun with them... :lol:

Would have been much funnier if they did the exact punch line "Escalators temporarily stairs, sorry for the convenience"
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing You (Schoolrock ver.)