JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ai Shinozaki - Special SUGITE

Author Topic: (Group) KARA (카라)  (Read 738647 times)

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
Re: (Group) KARA (카라)
« Reply #2340 on: June 03, 2014, 11:49:53 PM »
I don't think I can get a feel for them until they make a song.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #2341 on: June 04, 2014, 02:55:26 AM »
Gosh, I'm really curious to see the next episode to get a better gauge of Youngji now.

Looking at those fancams, So Min's really ticking all the boxes. I have the feeling that her comparatively low popularity in both domestic and international categories is due to the Hara factor. It'll be a shame if that's true.

I also want to know how the expert's vote differs from the live performance. There seems to be a big gap between the 2 that I don't really get. I'm guessing that 'global popularity' means Japan, huh? Chaekyung's got interesting results then.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2342 on: June 04, 2014, 03:53:55 AM »
Well, I can't translate images nor am I completely clear on how the voting happens, but I looked around and allkpop claims thus:

As mentioned previously, the talented hopefuls will compete in five missions and for each mission, the winner will be determined by 30% experts' vote (yellow), 20% pre-broadcast popularity vote (orange), 20% live broadcast popularity vote (blue), and 30% global popularity vote (green).

But I'm not sure if live broadcast popularity is supposed to mean an audience voting, or people watching the episode, or what... the subbed episode claimed the blue votes were a "performance rating", so shrug.

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2343 on: June 04, 2014, 09:00:20 AM »

From what I can translate from their website, the blue vote(bangsong=broadcast) is only for the duration of the broadcast while the orange vote(sajeon=before) counts the whole week.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2344 on: June 04, 2014, 09:05:38 AM »
Episode 2 out with subs

>_< I still needa watch the first one

Offline md007

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2345 on: June 06, 2014, 09:22:16 AM »
After watching that Rock U perf, I still got that "average dance cover" feeling. On the other hand, the voices are really good. It's nice that they are starting from that low (a few songs in front of a small crowd). I think it helps the girls to build up character and some kind of idol-fan bond that it's almost indestructible  :hip smile: I wasn't going to watch this Kara Project thing, but I will now that I'm reading lots of good things about these girls. I just hope they improve their "place switching", because doesn't look polished
*Working on...*

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2346 on: June 09, 2014, 06:00:21 PM »
How can Yuji be such an adorable pumpkin!!!???? :mon lovelaff:

I'm glad Shiyoon got some praise this time, but man, Sojin really copped it. I found myself swearing so much this episode and it was all in relation to comments on her. The '5 years younger' one was especially harsh considering that the rest of the girls were there as well. I'm just hoping she'll kill it in the next episode, which I'm wholly expecting because it's Lupin.

Haha... I'm starting to realise that I'm going to feel awful no matter who gets into KARA if it means the others go back into the trainee vault :sweat:

Offline md007

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2347 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11:34 AM »
,.. I'm starting to realise that I'm going to feel awful no matter who gets into KARA if it means the others go back into the trainee vault :sweat:

Hopefully the suckers at DSP will stop sucking and realize they got a fully trained girl band already, and more importantly, a girl group that we all saw enduring shit? And because of that, I think most, if not all the people that watched the TV show will be looking for whatever projects those girls get involved. Or am I the only one??? :nervous
*Working on...*

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2348 on: June 10, 2014, 02:43:24 PM »
Week 2 voting results are on the left and totals after two weeks on the right.

Haven't had the chance to watch week 2 yet, but I guess Youngji missed the perf again? Doesn't seem to matter, as voters love her...

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2349 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »
I can only imagine what youngji is gonna have with her finally performing.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2350 on: June 11, 2014, 06:03:41 PM »

Episode 3... Lupin time.

Offline skadi

« Reply #2351 on: June 14, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »
i really like yoo ji but the votes are not in her favor

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2352 on: June 21, 2014, 05:09:12 AM »

Mister next week.

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2353 on: June 25, 2014, 12:31:41 AM »

Somin at the top finally!

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2354 on: June 25, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »
Bit disappointed to see Shiyoon still near the bottom when the Japanese audience was quite happy with her long legs... :catglare:

What the trainers keep saying has me thinking. They said it's possible that none of them will get put in KARA. Whilst I doubt that'll happen, I'm wondering who will actually go into the group? Even if Somin ends up winning 1st place overall, I don't see management wanting her in KARA alongside Hara. It makes me think that they might make another group for the ones that show promise but don't quite fit the KARA bill.

To you guys, who seems to be the best fit for KARA? I'd say Youngji, with Chaekyung and Shiyoon following.

It feels good to see the girls growing, especially Sojin, but this makes me dread the finale all the more :panic:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2355 on: July 01, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »

So, Youngji has won the contest and has been chosen as the sole new member of Kara.

Gotta admit I only watched the first ep and then the world cup happened, so... can't really offer any educated commentary.

But just based on Youngji skipping the first two perfs and still crushing all the fan votes... do slightly think of netizens just trolling DSP here. :P
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:25:29 PM by Stryfe »

Offline md007

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2356 on: July 07, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »
YoungJi seems to be the one DSP was really looking for, which I think it was essentially a new maknae.

SoJin was my favorite, I just like how mature she looks, and I think because of that, it would become kind of weird to have her in Kara. From what I saw, she has what it takes to be a soloist, and a good one. I'll be really looking into her future projects, which I'm hoping she will have a lot  :jphip:

The rest, they can easily form a group and take advantage of the aegyo  :wub: :thumbup

*Working on...*

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2357 on: August 06, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »

Such a quick comeback.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2358 on: August 14, 2014, 10:17:19 PM »
Their return got me going down a Kara watching binge, and I rediscovered this gem.

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2359 on: August 18, 2014, 05:41:37 AM »
!!!!!

they gave hara a lot. she sounds different. Better.
White pants.
Seungyon is starting to get my attention

Not really feeling youngji yet. They didn't give her a lot. It could be that they're easing her in, not making it a 'gimmick' that she joined.

But! That's kinda is like, she's just a filler. Do they need her?  This is just 1 song, though. I remember when hara just had 1 line in Honey. Look at her now. But as of now, she's not really adding anything
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:55:16 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ai Shinozaki - Special SUGITE