JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - we are

Author Topic: JPHiP Man Cave - The Ultimate Malebonding Thread!!  (Read 107068 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: JPHiP Man Cave - The Ultimate Malebonding Thread!!
« Reply #340 on: May 15, 2014, 06:11:15 AM »
Men need to eat. Many men like to cook. Other men may want to cook but don't know how.

In comes Alton Brown. :thumbsup

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfDNi1aEljAQ17mUrfUjkvg/videos
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:09:00 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2014, 08:44:24 AM »
Patrick Stewart Does the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in the Classiest Way Possible
Aug. 22, 2014

He sits quietly writing a check, pulls a bucket of ice onto his desk, and makes himself a nice, stiff drink.

While everyone else is dumping big buckets of ice water over themselves and screaming their heads off on Facebook, Patrick Stewart — aka Star Trek Captain Jean-Luc Picard — took a more refined approach to the Ice Bucket Challenge, which is raising money and awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) research.

In the video, Stewart sits quietly writing a check, pulls a bucket of ice onto his desk…. and makes himself a nice, stiff drink.

The viral fundraising campaign has raised more than $50 million so far.
LINK - http://time.com/3160870/patrick-stewart-als-ice-bucket-challenge-video/

:thumbsup

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #342 on: November 15, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »
Dafook? The guys at EpicMealTime have an actual network TV show now?

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/epic-meal-empire

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #345 on: February 22, 2015, 11:03:39 PM »
^ shit. wonder how many people got killed by a Superman Punch  :doh:

DAMN dat snow plow you'd get hired by the city to do da neighborhoods :lol:

Beards. Why I do. :yep:

:lol: TINA said she dreamt that I had shaved my beard and she was all disappointed. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2015, 08:47:53 AM »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #348 on: May 10, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »
^ That's pretty funny though 1 takes the cake

Many I find are done unconsciously or in my case just doing it because you can take a little jabbing. :nervous  But overall it is f'n annoying if all of these happen at one point in time XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2015, 09:32:12 PM »
Dafook? The guys at EpicMealTime have an actual network TV show now?

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/epic-meal-empire
Da beard...she's gone. :O

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #350 on: May 21, 2015, 03:38:34 AM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:50 AM »
One of the great things about being men is the ability that we have to collectively come together and agree on something, such as the fact that what this dude here did was absolutely stupid. :yep:

BroBible.com - Man Puts Fire Ants All Over His Dick, INSTANTLY And PAINFULLY Regrets It: Cringe-Inducing Video
- http://www.brobible.com/life/article/man-fire-ants-dick-video/

BACKUP - http://us.tomonews.net/man-has-ants-in-his-pants-fire-ants--239022481768449

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2015, 03:17:02 AM »
Do not to put on chapstick during a group photo, esp. in da beer gardens

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2015, 06:36:16 PM »

Ridiculously obnoxious? Yep.

Would I turn it down if someone offered to give/buy me one? Nope. :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2015, 01:46:56 AM »
BroBible.com - Kanye West Gets His Haircut Every Day And Pays Almost FOUR TIMES The Median Household Income On Them Per Year
- http://www.brobible.com/life/article/kanye-west-gets-a-haircut-every-day/

Clearly, he was absent/not paying attention when his class was supposed to learn about being a smart/responsible consumer who pays attention to and knows the appropriate "value" of goods and services.
 :doh:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #355 on: August 20, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »
Wise words of Han "Life's simple, you make choices and don't look back." :yep:

Those of the wishy washy "We'll see................" "Maybe............" "I think....." "Uhhh Ummmm" ilk are the Betas who need to step aside and let them be led. BELIEVE IN YOSELF!!!  :jphip:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2016, 11:06:31 PM »
Besides your father, grandfather, great great etc) there is no other MAN to look up to than Bruce Lee his notes have been found!! INSPIRATION!! :brucelee:

WILL POWER: —

Recognizing that the power of will is the supreme court over all over departments of my mind, I will exercise it daily, when I need the urge to action for any purpose; and I will form HABIT designed to bring the power of my will into action at least once daily

EMOTION: —

Realizing that my emotions are both POSITIVE and negative I will form daily HABITS which will encourage the development of the POSITIVE EMOTIONS, and aid me in converting the negative emotions into some form of useful action.

REASON: —

Recognizing that both my positive & negative emotions may be dangerous if they are not controlled and guided to desirable ends, I will submit all my desires, aims and purposes to my faculties of reason, and I will be guided by it in giving expression to these.

IMAGINATION: —

Recognizing the need for sound PLANS and IDEAS for the attainment of my desires, I will develop my imagination by calling upon it daily for help in the formation of my plans.

MEMORY: —

Recognizing the value of an alert memory, I will encourage mine to become alert by taking care to impress it clearly with all thoughts I wish to recall, and by associating those thoughts with related subjects which I may call to mind frequently.

SUBCONSCIOUS MIND: —

Recognizing the influence of my subconscious mind over my power of will, I shall take care to submit to it a clear and definite picture of my CLEAR PURPOSE in life and all minor purposes leading to my major purpose, and I shall keep this picture CONSTANTLY BEFORE my subconscious mind by REPEATING IT DAILY.

CONSCIENCE: —

Recognizing that my emotions often err in their over-enthusiasm, and my faculty of reason often is without the warmth of feeling that is necessary to enable me to combine justice with mercy in my judgments, I will encourage my conscience to guide me as to what is right & what is wrong, but I will never set aside the verdicts it renders, no matter what may be the cost of carrying them out.

source: https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/08/01/bruce-lee-notebook/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

EVERY DAY WE GET BETTER!  :hip smile:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #357 on: August 29, 2016, 04:51:49 AM »
Katie Ledecky to Bryce Harper. Hold My Bags errr MEDALS!

It happens to the best of the betas :lol:

Who does this!? SPEAK UP!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2016, 12:32:03 AM »
Been watchin  Nolan Batman Trilogy again.... and fuck. Some Life Lessons of Manhood that we should all learn:

Quote from: Forbes

1. Organizations Need To Be Built Around Ideas, Not People

“People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can’t do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man I’m flesh and blood. I can be ignored. I can be destroyed. But as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.”

In Batman Begins, one key aspect of Bruce Wayne’s desire to become Batman is so that he can be a symbol of something. A beacon of hope so that people can aspire to do better. This is a thread that continues through all three films, particularly The Dark Knight Rises, where Batman is honored as the savior of the city, not Bruce Wayne or any one person. Pointedly, Wayne says at the end of the film, “A hero can be anyone.” Indeed, one of the major themes of The Dark Knight Rises is the consequences of the mistake made in The Dark Knight. By holding up Harvey Dent, in particular, as a role model, Batman and Gordon were forced to cover up his crimes committed as Two-Face. That cover-up led to some of the bad things that happened in the third film.

What lesson can we take away from this? Well, the people who build great organizations and companies are often larger-than-life. They drive their businesses forward with their energy and passion. But one problem that such organizations face is that when they become completely identified with a single person, their fortunes can rise and fall based on what that one person does.

You can see two diametrically opposed versions of this with two companies associated with the late Steve Jobs, Apple and Pixar. Apple is indelibly associated with Steve Jobs. He built the company with Steve Wozniak, and most of the companies products were based on one vision: his. After Steve Jobs was forced out of Apple in 1985, the company did enjoy some success – notably in the late 80s and early 90s, but the company floundered again until Jobs returned to the top spot in 1997. After that, Apple began its ascent to tech industry heights, largely driven by Steve Jobs’ vision for consumer products. As a result, Apple thrived, but also became synonymous with Jobs. Since Jobs passed away last year, many analysts see the company as floundering, with our own Anthony Kosner accusing the once innovative company as “playing it safe.”

By contrast, Pixar was also a company largely driven by Steve Jobs, who served as its Chairman of the Board and later its CEO. But while Apple was driven by Jobs’ vision for consumer products, Pixar was driven by an ethos of storytelling. That ethos is strongly held by the animators and writers of Pixar movies, who are committed to the high level of quality that have given the company enormous critical and commercial success. After Jobs’ departure from Pixar, the company remained strong, pushing out some of its best movies such as Up and Wall-E. By building on an ideal of strong storytelling, rather than one man’s vision, Pixar has built an enduring brand.

2. Actions Matter More Than Intentions

“It’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.”

During one memorable scene in Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne is exiting an expensive restaurant, soaking wet with two supermodels in tow. It’s all part of his act to maintain a  ”playboy” image so that nobody suspects he’s Batman. On his way out, he runs across his childhood friend Rachel Dawes, who looks at him condescendingly as Bruce tries to defend himself. “It’s not who I am underneath.” Rachel’s response is pointed: “Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.”

We often go through life with the best of intentions. One day, we say to ourselves, we’re going to start going to the gym and become a great athlete. One day, we’re going to finish that book. But for whatever reason, we get distracted by the present and lose our focus on the future. We never do go the gym. We never do write that book.

In organizations as a leader, we often have the best of intentions for our team. The right hand man that you rely on? You do plan on giving him more responsibility and training. That awesome clerk you hired a year ago? She’s efficient and way overqualified for her work. You plan on expanding her responsibilities and getting her a promotion. That engineer with a great new idea – you’re definitely going to talk to your boss about getting some R&D money to develop it.

Then things happen. You’ve got to get that quarterly spreadsheet in. You have a dozen conference calls to attend. You have to do a presentation for your customers. All of it gets in the way, and the next thing you know, your right hand man isn’t working nearly as hard as he used to. That awesome clerk? She moved on to a better paying position in another company. Your engineer? His VC sister-in-law got him some capital and he started his own company. And now you’ve been stuck in the same job for ten years when you had sworn you’d be running the place by now.

But nobody remembers what you meant to do. They only remember what you do.

3. Trust People With The Truth

“You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you from tearing down this corrupt city. Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent.”

At the end of The Dark Knight, Gotham’s District Attorney, Harvey Dent, had gone on a murderous rampage as the supervillain Two-Face. Confronted with this fact, Commissioner Gordon was concerned that the revelation of Dent’s crimes would lead to the people of Gotham losing hope, which would destroy all that he, Dent and Batman had tried to accomplish during the course of the film. Batman agreed, and quickly offered to tell the people of Gotham a lie. Gordon would tell the City that Batman had committed the murders that Dent had. This would allow Dent’s memory to go untarnished. It was upon that memory that the City built up a new Gotham. But not one that truly dealt with crime – one that merely pushed it underground. In The Dark Knight Rises, the truth about Batman and Dent is revealed to be a lie that corroded the foundation of Gotham’s institutions. At the end of the film, a new Gotham is built on a truth – that Batman is a hero. And that “a hero can be anyone.”

As we run our own teams and organizations, it can be tempting to keep the truth to yourself. Especially if things aren’t going well, there’s a fear that telling the truth might incite people to leave or give less than what they’re capable of. Leaders often trick themselves into thinking that people can’t be trusted with the truth, and that if they learn it, bad things will happen. This is a fundamental mistake. If things aren’t going well with your organization, the best thing to do is to put everything out in the open. Trust your team to be adults, capable of handling the truth. What you’ll find, I think, is that the result won’t be panic. The result will be that your team is willing to repay the trust you put in them by redoubling their efforts and creativity into solving the problems at hand.

4. You Need To Risk Failure In Order To Succeed

“You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak …  How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death?”

During the mid-point of The Dark Knight Rises, Bruce Wayne is trapped in a hellish prison. It’s a prison made terrible, says his enemy Bane, because it offers hope. There is a pit leading to the surface that the inmates can try to escape from. The only problem? Only one prisoner ever made it – a child. Wayne makes two escape attempts and fails both time at the same point – a point where he has to make a jump that seems impossible for a person to make. In discussing the jump, Wayne reveals to a fellow prisoner that he isn’t afraid of death. His fellow prisoner chastises him for this – pointing out that it’s the fear of death that will drive you to “move faster than possible, fight longer than possible.”

Lesson learned, Bruce Wayne makes a third attempt to escape. Only this time, he had no safety harness to catch him if he fell. And with that, he was able to make the leap and climb to freedom.

Human beings are naturally risk-averse. Indeed, a number of psychological studies have show that people are more likely to prevent the chance of loss than the are to chase a reward – even if the end result is identical. So when we start a company, build an organization, or lead a new initiative in our careers, it can be tempting to build safety net after safety net for yourself. The problem is, sometimes when you take so many preparations to avoid losing what you have, you make your organization too slow, restrictive and hidebound to accomplish anything. Sometimes, in order to win, you have a take a risk – even if that means jumping without a safety harness.

5. When You Do Fail, Don’t Let It Destroy You

“And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.”

One running theme of Nolan’s Batman trilogy is the idea of failing. It first appears at the beginning of Batman Begins, when a young Bruce Wayne falls into a well full of bats. Upon rescuing him, his father simply notes that the reason we fall is “so we can learn to pick ourselves up.” Something that’s echoed by Alfred to an older Bruce Wayne when he’s nearly killed by the League of Shadows. And of course, it’s the entire story of The Dark Knight Rises after Batman’s defeat at the hands of Bane. Rather than destroy himself, Bruce Wayne escapes from the prison that he’s put in and reclaims the mantle of Batman and vanquishes the threat to Gotham.

No matter how hard you try to succeed, it’s inevitable that you’re going to fail at some point in your life. The test of a great leader, though, is how that failure is handled. Some leaders make excuses. Others try to shift the blame. Still others just find organizations that don’t care about past mistakes – just “experience” and make the same mistakes over and over again, failing time and again without learning.

True greatness and leadership, though, comes with owning and embracing failure. Because only when you accept responsibility for your mistakes can you learn from them, pick yourself up, and come back stronger and better than before. In his famous speech at Stanford University, Steve Jobs spoke about firing from Apple. He said this, “The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life. I’m pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn’t been fired from Apple. It was awful-tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it.”

In other words, Steve Jobs learned to pick himself back up. So did Bruce Wayne. And so can you.

SO! Do you have what it takes? What will you do when push comes to shove?

Just wow. Like...i know, but it really makes you :kickass: in the ideals of  :hipheart: MHANiACS. ME. LIFE.  :pimp:

:hip smile:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:47:34 AM by daigong »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - we are