JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Dear. Mom

Author Topic: [Discuss] The Best Vocals in AKB48  (Read 43705 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Discuss] The Best Vocals in AKB48
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »
Since we all seem to prefer live vocals, who do you think have the best voices in AKB48? In addition to simply stating a name, try to give some examples in the form of a song titles or YT clip!

I really like Kashiwagi Yuki's warm voice, which you can hear in the Kashiwagi Yuki Collection Pack!

Masuda Yuka can sing as well:

And of course Akimoto Sayaka who proved her singing abillities many times and has probably the best solo song in the AKB catalog; mushi no ballad.

Offline hina

• Gekikara Underling
  • Member+
Re: [Discuss] The Best Vocals in AKB48
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
^Yuka!  :bow:

can't find the clips in youtube anymore but I know Higurashi no Koi always has live vocals from the AX concert.

AX08 - AKB48 - ヒグラシノコイ

AX09 - 【DVD】AX2009 93.ヒグラシノコイ

EDIT: whoa, i didn't know you could embed youko links in here, awesome!  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:35:41 PM by hina »

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 06:45:15 PM »
I was quite surprised at how well Yuka could sing, since I..you know..didn't know she existed and everything. Takamina's decent too, although her voice sounds a little..nasally, for the lack of a better word.

Offline hina

• Gekikara Underling
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »
I was quite surprised at how well Yuka could sing, since I..you know..didn't know she existed and everything.
yeah, its ironic isn't it, since AKB48 is first and foremost a singing and dancing group.

Sometimes I think she's better of singing as a solo artist rather than being part of the group. (Or maybe if she gets a unit like no3b or watariouka) But yeah, its tough starting a solo career without a nice push, somewhat like Michiru. :(

I just really hope she gets a good song on her next stage. Because if they put her on another large unit I'll start shooting people!  :angry:

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
Yuka is the number one. Best proof is Higurashi no Koi, I think. She does a well job singing Mushi no Ballad, too, although that song was made for Sayaka voice only. Yuka deserves a solo song in a future stage.

Sayaka (and I'm not being subjective on this, this is one of the reasons why I chose her as my oshimen) is another amazing voice in AKB, she doesn't need technology help to prove it. It's strong (sometimes I feel she doesn't even need a mic ^^;), mature and low pitched. Kimi wa Pegasus, Mushi no Ballad and the shuffle of Itoshiki no Natasha are some of the proofs.

Takamina also gets my vote. As maliciel said, her voice is a bit nasal, but not as nasal as Haruna's  :P Best proofs of Taka's voice? The intro of A5's Nagai Hikari, Bird and Juunai no Crescendo. I didn't really like her Mushi, though. The singing was good but it lacked power.

Finally, Nonti. Listen to Kimi wa Pegasus, too. :)

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
Have to agree with Sayange on this.

Yuka, Sayaka, Takamina and Nonti.

I'd just have to add Haachan to the list. In my opinion, she has the best voice in Team B. Wayyy underused.

I dunno if this would count, but when Deguchi Aki was in AKB48 she was one of the best too.  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:50:19 PM by ichijoujirena »

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:21:37 PM »
Sayaka's is my favorite voice, although I think Yuka's the best singer. I don't think Takamina's that great of a singer like most people seem to think, though. =/ Hoshino Michiru has a really good voice, too, but I'm not sure if she counts since she's not in AKB anymore. =P Haachan has a good voice, too. And Yukirin. And Nontii. =D

Offline sousora

• Winter is coming.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 从・ゥ・从
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »
Yuka, does there even need to be any discussion about that?

Offline ohno

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 11:34:03 PM »
I also like Katayama. I think she's better than Masuda at singing, though I prefer Yuka's voice more.
Satou Natsuki is pretty good too.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 11:36:23 PM »
^ Crap, I forgot about Natsuki. I was really impressed when I heard her in Dakishimeraretara. She has a really pretty voice. :heart: Kasai's not too bad, either.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
I don't there's any question of yuka being the top so I don't need to discuss her. Even the akb wota respect her, maria gets voted pretty high on the top100 list even though she's not a front girl(she was in the voted undergirls so she's not unpopular)

But once you get passed her.. Haachan is an amazing singer with a beautiful alto voice/. Then of course takamina.  Takamina is very consistant in her vocal quality but I know some people don't like the tone of it that much.

Are we discussing ske here? The 3 top ske singers vocally would be the 3 soloists from innocence, yuimin, deguchi and haruka.  It's pretty cool they did that song to show off these girls.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline hina

• Gekikara Underling
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 03:07:50 AM »
^yup, I love Aki's voice she has nice control. Haachan is really good too. And Yuimin reminds me so much of Hirano Aya. Her strong singing voice is so different from her normal speaking voice. That really shocked me at first. And she gets complimented by the members when it comes to singing. 

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »
Takamina fo' sho. Bird wipes its ass on everything else.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »
Takamina fo' sho. Bird wipes its ass on everything else.

Yuka singing Bird:

AKB48 - Bird (Live) Shuffle Version

:grin:

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 01:31:16 AM »
This really just shows that yuka has the better vocals technically but I think I prefer how deep takamina's voice sounds for this song in particular. That said Yuka sounds so effortless when she sings and she sings with such...elegance? I really love her voice *__*

Now I NEED to see Haachan sing this, I bet she'd be fantastic!

set made by me

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 03:12:22 AM »
I'm not sure if Haachan's ever done Bird.  Tomochin did, but I won't post it in this thread because even I know my oshimen doesn't have the best vocals.

As a counterpoint to my last post, I give you Takamina singing Maria:

AKB48 - MARIA (Live JCB Hall Concert)

I managed to sneak Tomochin into the thread after all  :nervous

I definitely think Yuka and Takamina are the two best vocalists, which is why Higurashi no Koi is always live.  :yep:

That being said, Sayaka is a very close third.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 02:03:04 AM »
I wish I had something different to say but I really don't. Yuka is the obvious and right choice. She has such energy and emotion in her voice that it is a crime against music how she is not utilized more and not in the singles. Haachan also has a very strong voice that I love. I also like Yukirin's voice as it is a very good "idolish" voice. Also can't go wrong with Nakayan. Very seiyuu-sounding. I love it.  :thumbsup

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »
Hmmm after watching some more LoDs I don't think takaminas voice is as good as I thought it was...myao singing the same parts of a song(just like second verse instead of first verse) are in tune when takaminas aren't....

I think takamina has a good voice but a lower stamina than you'd expect.

set made by me

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 04:41:41 AM »
I don't know if we can include graduates in this..

But rewatching the 2009 Set List Best concert reminded me of how awesome Hoshino Michiru is.  :wub: How the hell could I forget her?

Offline BonKaca

• im@s48
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:55 AM »
1.yuka
it's absolute

2.haruna kojima
long before yuka's voice knocked both my ear and heart, harunyan's voice is easy to recognize

3.nonti
i have no reason for this, but i guess you people would say so

4.takamina
5.sayaka

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Dear. Mom