JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Yoru Ni Hagurete ~Where Were You Last Night~

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 483936 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2520 on: February 05, 2012, 07:55:13 AM »
The problem: The recorded format is encrypted wtv, which will play back fine for my pc only, but I'll be fucked if I can get past the encryption to share it if I wanted to..

Can't find anything in English for Corel's DDR Move... Can barely find anything in Japanese either.. Nothing useful..
Wow, yes that seems a very specific Japanese program?

Anyway, maybe first converting it to a  previous format will help you?

'Working with WTV Files' http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb188788.aspx

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2521 on: February 05, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
My problem was an easy fix.. Bought some 1-2x speed DVD-Rs, and now DDR Move burns fine..

Still a pain in the arse way to get around the encryption, but it works..

Just need to know how to get it to work with the virtual burner, so I don't need to use actual DVDs..

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2522 on: February 29, 2012, 08:44:47 PM »
Not a problem but a bit of a solution, as you know if you have an Imageshack account they've set a limit of 500 pics per free account, :angry: during the month of March any pivs over that total will be deleted. Found a program which works fairly well and quickly if you want to download all your pics and transfer them to your computer and then perhaps to another site if need be, works one page at a time so it'll download 42 pics at once for you, here's the site:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/imagehost-grabber/

PS- Am downloading mega amount of pics right now, in about 5 minutes have downloaded 252.

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #2523 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
My comp suddenly started messing up with codecs or something.. I just re-installed K-lite. It fixed one problem. But now another one appeared. I'm using Boilsoft's video splitter. It's been working fine with all video formats before, but now suddenly for some reason when I open mp4 video on it, I can only hear audio but can't see the video :banghead: Anyone happen to know what the problem could be?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2524 on: March 03, 2012, 01:14:23 PM »
My comp suddenly started messing up with codecs or something.. I just re-installed K-lite. It fixed one problem. But now another one appeared. I'm using Boilsoft's video splitter. It's been working fine with all video formats before, but now suddenly for some reason when I open mp4 video on it, I can only hear audio but can't see the video :banghead: Anyone happen to know what the problem could be?
There are encoding groups that use 10-bit color dept, which might require you to upgrade?

I use Shark007's codecs without problems.

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #2525 on: March 03, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
^ Thanks! Everything works smoothly again  :w00t:

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2526 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
Anyone ever rented a portable wifi box for Japan?  Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

This is the only one I found so far: http://www.globaladvancedcomm.com/pocketwifi.html

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2527 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »
^ Damn, that's really expensive..
For the same thing directly from e-mobile is 3,880yen per month.
http://emobile.jp/products/hw/gp02/

PuPuRu also has rental
http://www.pupuru.com/en/service/emobile/

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2528 on: March 28, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »
^^ Thanks for the linkage!

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #2529 on: April 20, 2012, 07:48:49 AM »
I just tried to purchase Renai hunter on I-tunes and it downloaded completely.  When it finishes and the video should start, I get an error code -1450 and nothing.
I had the same problem with the vid with the girls in the gold dresses. I was able to get Ai's solo vid and the wacky Bside vid no problem. 
What gives?
Life is one time.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2530 on: April 20, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
From what I'm seeing about that particular error, it has to do with insufficient system resources or something like that.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304101

It could also have to do with making sure the library file isn't read only.

I've also seen mention of telling Windows Defender to ignore the iTunes library file.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/445021?start=0&tstart=0
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #2531 on: May 04, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »
Anybody knows alternatives to Notepad that has auto-saving function/capability?

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2532 on: May 05, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
^ Notepad++ with autosave plugin?

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2533 on: May 23, 2012, 04:09:21 AM »
Been having a problem with my Wireless Internet. 

-I have cable internet, Cable modem -> Wireless Router (Primary). 
-I used to connect a Secondary Router to the Primary via Ethernet cable with the DHCP disable on the 2nd router.
- I did it to extend my wireless network. 
Recently I bought a Wife Range Extender, Which works fine.  I then connect my 2nd router, via ethernet cable, to the Range Extender.  All three have it's own SSID.  2nd router still have it's DHCP disabled. 

Here is the problem
- While the primary wireless doesn't seem to have a problem. neither does the one from the Range Extender, the 2nd router (now the 3rd device in line) seems to have a connection issue that appears intermittently.  What can I do to fix this?
- The 2nd router, I have my PC, PS3 and Internet TV connect via wired (ethernet).  The network Icon would appear to have a problem, albeit short, less than a minute or so, but for that time, no internet, it seems to always disconnect and reconnect occasionally, several times a day. On my PS3, it listed "Problem with DNS error" or something to that likeness. 
I wonder if I have to change some settings with my devices? 

fyi, the Primary router have a different log in IP address (D-Link - 192.168.0.1) than my 2ndary, (Linksys - 192.168.1.1).  My Range Extender is Netgear. Is there something I need to change?  settings?

Also, if my 2nd router won't work, would buying an additional Range extender with ethernet ports, work?  Since I already have one, would another hurt the network, or significantly change anything?  It would be best if I can utilize the 2nd router without buying another Range Extender...

-I have nearly 15-20 wifi device connected to the network, would it ever overload and cause the disconnect/reconnect issue?  how to fix?

EDIT:  not only is my 2ndary router wifi have problems, but I just found it it's the whole network,  keeping getting disconnected/reconnect non-stop.

UPDATE:  With the problem nonstop, I decided to try to remove the 2ndary router, which connects to Range Extender.  it seems to solved the problem, but I can't be sure.  It seems that router conflicted with the overall network in terms of DNS or something.  I don't know exactly, but I'm hoping there is a way to extend my network further with that 2nd router.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:27:17 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #2534 on: May 24, 2012, 06:56:44 PM »
^ If you have the standard 255.255.255.0 netmask you might want to change the ip of the 2nd router to 192.168.0.2 or something else in the same network (*.0.1-254).
Also make sure the 2nd is using 192.168.0.1 as gateway and dns server
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2535 on: May 30, 2012, 04:54:20 PM »
What I would like to know is, is it possible to make a video call using Skype without using a microphone?  What I mean is, can I use a webcam so the other person can see me, but type my chat instead of speaking into a mic?  I can't always use a mic as I might end up disturbing others so being able to type would be much better.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2536 on: May 30, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »
i do believe so.  when u skype, there is a chatbox with or w/out video or voice calls.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2537 on: July 19, 2012, 03:08:45 AM »
having trouble with my new iPad.  I sync videos into a playlist, in Music App.  although  I can view it fine in Video app, I watch it in a playlist.  when I play it via Music App -> ____ playlist and press play, I can hear the audio, but no video.  iPod Touch doesn't have this problem, why does the iPad?  I hope someone can help...

Offline [R-748]

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2538 on: August 26, 2012, 12:52:50 PM »
i can't open antivirus websites with any of my browsers, i think may pc got infected with a virus/malware any suggestions?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2539 on: August 26, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »
^ You have tried Microsoft Security Essentials? is within the microsoft site so they might not block that part.

Otherwise: download on a different computer put it on a USB stick and run a check on yours.
If its a nasty infection you might need a boot disk to run the scan/clean (one way is putting it as a second disk in another system)

Or last resort: copy your data, and re-install the pc.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Yoru Ni Hagurete ~Where Were You Last Night~