JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kuraki Mai - Tsumetai Umi

Author Topic: An Annoying Paradise - Den-O 32 - Repairing the Damage - 12/30/12 season finale  (Read 52559 times)

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 4 - updated 3/01
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »
So Kiraki has got thrown into the mix aswell, hmm, I wonder if anything intresting will happen if he and "Aika" meet?

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 4 - updated 3/01
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 10:19:55 PM »
(This is a fan fic based on the "public images" of various Hello!Project artists and is no way shape or form trying to imply anything about the personal lives of the real people behind the public images.)

Note: This arc is inspired by a thread on the JPM forums where someone mistakenly thought that Kirarin Revolution was serialized in "the biggest selling manga in all of Japan".  However, the biggest selling manga in Japan is Shounen Jump, well known for manga stories where the lead characters are boys who want to be the greatest fighters of all time, such as Naruto, Bleach, and Dragon Ball.

An Annoying Paradise Part 5 ("serialized in Shounen Jump")

Kiraki's eyes grow wide as he looks over the producers suite.  I knew this was a ritzy hotel but they didn't realize they had rooms like this!

The producer's assistant hands them forms to fill out.  "Your parents have been called and they'll be here soon to sign all of the legal documents.  What I would like now is for you two to fill out these forms so I can try to see which mold you will fit in."

Santa nods as if he knows what the assistant is talking about.

Kiraki looks that the assistent with bewilderment.  Which mold?  What the heck? "Ah, excuse me?  Ah, ..."

"You can call me Josephine."

"But, that's a girl's name, right?"

"Honey, what you are on the inside is more important that what you are on the outside."

"Okay, Josephine, but, what do you mean by molds?"

Santa pushes Kiraki's head.  "You don't know anything about idols, do you?"

"No, I want to be a fighter."

Santa nearly face plants but Josephine looks like he understands Kiraki.  "Do you think that being an idol will make you a better fighter?"

"No, but I would be able to afford to go to the dojo that I want to go to."

A vein pops out on Josephine's forehead.  "I see."  Josephine regains his composure.  "Well, it's like this.  We're not in the business of selling ordinary boys to the public.  Ordinary boys might have one mood in the morning, one mood in the afternoon and one mood at night.  The boys we sell need to have a uniform mood.  To do that, we have to fit them into various molds so that girls will look at them and know immediately what they are all about."

"Well, then make me the fighter type."

"Doesn't exist."

"Waaa?"  Kiraki's jaw drops.

"There's only a limited number of types that we support.  But, I'm not going to tell you what they are."

"Why not?"

"Because you would cheat on your questions.  Santa already knows the types but I trust him to give honest answers."

"Why?"

"A woman's intuition."  Josephine pushes Kiraki's head back with his index finger.

Kiraki sighs.  I have come this far, I might as well trust that this company knows what they are doing.

Kiraki looks at the paper.  After answering two of the questions veins start popping out on his forehead.

"Something wrong, Kiraki?"

"I think on half these questions I am going to have to answer I don't know."

Josephine is very calm.  "Then answer I don't know.  You don't have to be anything now.  The boss picked you and he doesn't pick people who can't make it."

Kiraki finally fills out the forms.  Santa has already finished and is helping himself to some snacks.  Kiraki sits down with him.  "So, what is it about these molds?"

Santa, who saw Kiraki agonize over the test, smiles.  "There are five that I know of.  One is the rebel bad boy.  Then, you have the shota type, the wide eyed dewy youth.  Usually a shota type will be paired with a reassuring big brother type.  You can also have an unassuming bashful type.  And, the one that everyone wants to be, but the type that don't really sell a lot of records are the heart throb types."

"I don't understand, why wouldn't they sell records?"

"Don't know.  But, they are useful to the industry because they sell lots of photo books."

"You sure know a lot."

"I learned all that off of on-line forums."

Kiraki nods in respectful amazement.

Josephine rolls his eyes.  He looks over Santa's papers and immediately sees that Santa did not answer the questions truthfully.  Wow, he really has his heart set on being a heart throb to tell this many whoppers.

Finally, after the legal documents are signed, the producer meets with them.  "Santa, I want you to know that your skills are about the highest that we've ever had for a new recruit.  But, don't think that your life is going to be easy because of this.  You'll have to work twice as hard as everyone else because we're going to expect twice as much out of you.  Are you okay with this?"

"I am."

"Good.  I talked to Josephine and we both agree on what mold to fit you in.  However, there is one small problem."

Santa looks worried.  "What?"

"You'll have to use a stage name.  There's already a musician with the same name as you.  But, don't worry.  On your fan site page we'll be up front that you're using a stage name and give the reason why.  The fans will understand if the reason is valid."

Santa breathes a sign of relief.  "Wow, I thought it would be something weird."

"Be sure to tell Josephine what you were worried about.  He won't make you do those weird things, but he might use it on some of our other idols."  The producer winks.

"Okay."  Santa looks uncomfortable.

"So, we'll work out a stage name in a couple of days.  At school, you'll just announce it like it was something normal.  It won't be the first time that someone at that school has been given one."

Santa nods.

"Now, Kiraki, Santa, the two of you will transfer tomorrow to a special school where all of the idols go to.  I'm sure that you two think that this will be a good thing, that you're going to a school with the most beautiful young women in the country.  But, as representatives of Jeneral Entertainment, both you and them are not allowed to date.  If we find out that either one of you is dating one of the girls at the school, then we will drop you."

Santa nods.  "Understood."

"Santa, you will soon be boyfriend to all of the girls in Japan.  For you to have a real life girlfriend would be unthinkable."

Santa nods.

"Now, Kiraki, I don't think I am going to hurt your feelings if I tell you that we are starting at square one with your singing."

"I'm fine with that."

"Good.  We have vocal coaches who cannot be exceeded.  If anyone can help you to learn to sing, they can.  But, you have to do what they tell you."

Kiraki nods.

"And, within a year we'll review your progress.  If you work hard then I think we can debut you."

"Thank you, sir."

"Do you promise to give your all?"

"Yes, sir."

"Absolutely promise?"

"Yes, sir."

"There's nothing I can tell you would make you quit?"

"Nothing."

"Good.  We just signed a contract with your father so that your father's restaurant will be featured on several of our television shows.  You now all ready have all the money you need to go to that dojo."

"What?"

"Are you quitting?"

Kiraki doesn't hesitate.  "I will not disgrace my father by quitting something that I have started."

The producer smiles.  "That's the spirit.  Well, I have some good news and some bad news.  The good news is that you get to skip the first period class of your new school every day."

Kiraki beams.

"The bad news is that as a trainee you need to come to the company every day before school and clean the offices."

Kiraki's jaw drops.

To be continued!

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 5 - updated 3/04
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 01:20:21 AM »
(This is a fan fic based on the "public images" of various Hello!Project artists and is no way shape or form trying to imply anything about the personal lives of the real people behind the public images.)

Note: This arc is inspired by a thread on the JPM forums where someone mistakenly thought that Kirarin Revolution was serialized in "the biggest selling manga in all of Japan".  However, the biggest selling manga in Japan is Shounen Jump, well known for manga stories where the lead characters are boys who want to be the greatest fighters of all time, such as Naruto, Bleach, and Dragon Ball.

An Annoying Paradise Part 6 ("serialized in Shounen Jump")

Kiraki sighs.  The room cleaning was really tedious, but now I get to go to that new high school!

Kiraki composes himself.  Life at a fighting dojo is little different for the new recruits.  Lots of menial tasks is the norm.  Maybe being an idol was like being a fighter?

Kiraki walks into the locker room to change back into his new school uniform.  He is startled and falls backward onto his butt when he sees a turtle in front of him.

"Are you okay?"  Another boy appears out of nowhere.

Kiraki involuntarily gasps.  The boy is so handsome that he seems to sparkle.  "There's a turtle!"

The boy grabs the turtle.  "There you are!   I'm sorry, I turned my back for one second and she wondered off.  Let me introduce you.  Her name is Kamei-ko.  My name is Seiji."

"Kiraki.  Nice to meet you.  Do you carry Kamei-ko everywhere?"

"Oh yes.  We go to school together as well.  She helps me with my studies."

Kiraki has to physically stop his eyes from rolling.  "That's good."

Kiraki changes into his school uniform.  When he turns to leave a strange person is standing in front of him.  "Whaa?"  Kiraki sees that Kamei-ko is on this strange person's shoulder.  Kiraki then sees that under the unfashionable hat and weird glasses is Seiji.  "Why are you dressed like that?"

"I'm going to debut soon, and already the company has put out advance publicity.  If I walk the streets normally the girls will mob me, and that would be bad for Kamei-ko."

"Wow."

"Are you new?"

"Yes."

"Then, let's get going, you still need to talk to the principal."

Kiraki is amazed at how fast Seiji runs.  Even though Seiji looks soft and gentle he is a remarkable athlete.

After meeting with the principal, Kiraki hustles off to the Peach class.  Even though the second period had already started, he is able to attract the attention of the teacher.

The teacher joins him outside.  "May I help you son?"

"Kiraki Takabono.  I am transferring into your class."

"Oversleep?"

"No, I was cleaning at the JE building."

"Jeneral Entertainment?  Are you a trainee?"

"Yes, sir."

"Great.  We had two people were just signed as idols transfer in earlier today."

Kiraki is puzzled.  Two idols?  Was there another audition I didn't hear about?

The teacher leads Kiraki into the class.  Kiraki eyes grow wide.  Nearly everyone in the class looks like a star.  He spots Santa in the class and smiles.  There is one, but who is the other?

"Class, we have another transfer student."

Kiraki writes his name on the blackboard.  "My name is Kiraki Takabono.  Please accept me into your group and take care of me."

"The Sumo Wrestler Takabono?"

Kiraki is startled by the voice.  Kiraki is even more startled when he sees who is talking.  It is an unusual looking pretty girl, but her husky voice sounded like it could belong to a boy or a girl.  "Yes, he is my father."

"Cool, I loved his matches when I was little."

"Why aren't you big?"

Kiraki realizes that Santa is teasing him.  "I'm only twelve.  If I was to enter Sumo, I would still have a lot of time to fill out."

"Sounds like you're already part of in this class, Kiraki-kun.  Please take that empty seat in the back."

Lunch soon comes and Kiraki pounces on Santa.  "Should we go to the cafeteria together?"

Santa gives him a weird look.  Why do people look up to me so much?  It's not like I'm nice or even that outgoing.  "I suppose so.  I'm sure Josephine will be happy to hear that we're looking out for each other."

They almost make it out the door but suddenly Santa holds Kiraki back.  They look out the door to see a bullying incident in progress.

"Hey, let's bully this new kid until she cries."

Kiraki is astonished when the girl who is being bullied, the same girl who had asked him about his father, is able to scare away the bullies within thirty seconds.  "So cool."

"That's Aika.  She just transferred in today, just like we did."

"I want to learn that fighting technique."

Santa tips over.  "You don't think she's hot?"

"Every girl in this school is."

Santa nods as they walk toward the cafeteria.  Still, there was something strangely familiar about Aika.  Maybe she was a girl who looks different with make up on, so if she was dolled up she would look like an current idol?

"Who's the girl she walked off with?"

"Wow, you really don't know much about idols.  That's Reina.  Reina has been an idol for some nine months so far and has already released three singles and three photo books."

"Three photo books?  She barely even looks like an idol."

"Don't let her laid back style at school fool you.  She has already established herself in the tsundere mold.  She is quite a fashion icon."

"Tsu-n-de-re?"

"Her third photo book was all pictures of her dressed up like a bad ass.  Her first two were all about being cute.  Her third single was about hating to be mean to people but it would hurt too much if people knew the real her."

"Wow, that's deep."

After getting their food, Kiraki and Santa decide to eat on the roof of the school.  However, on the way up the stairs they witness another bullying incident.  Two boys are picking on a smaller boy.

Kiraki puts on his fighting face and gets ready to break this up but Santa again holds him back.

Kiraki gives Santa a dirty look, but Santa indicates with his eyes the approach of another party to the conflict.

"You two again?  I thought I told you two to stop doing stupid things like this!"

The two bullies immediately grovel their apologies and run away past Santa and Kiraki.

Kiraki blushes.  Wow, his battle aura was so cool that it overwhelmed the bullies.

"Kiraki!  How's the school treating you so far?"

Kiraki nearly falls over.

"You know this guy?"

"Oh, Santa, this is Seiji.  Seiji, this is Santa.  Seiji and I were cleaning at the JE building this morning."  Kiraki looks at Seiji in awe.  How did the gentle unassuming Seiji project a battle aura so potent that I couldn't even recognize him at first?

"Welcome to the school."

Kiraki gulps but gathers his courage.  "Seiji, could you ... teach me to fight?"

Seiji nearly falls over and has to move quickly to keep from dropping Kamei-ko.  "Fighting? I've never fought in my life.  Those two bullies ran off because they are trainees like we are."

"Why didn't I see them this morning?"

"Because they are lazy and ditch their assignments.  They are hanging on by a thread and if I reported that they were bullying other students they would be dropped."

"Oh."  Kiraki looks puzzled.  "You still looked pretty fierce talking to those guys."

"Anything I know about being fierce was taught to me by Josephine.  Maybe he'll be your fighting teacher?"

Kiraki imagines Josephine making Kiraki practice doing fighting motions in women's clothes.  However, many fighting schools do use methods of training that seem strange to outsiders.  "I'll talk to him."

Kiraki is shoved by an annoyed Santa.  "Maybe you should ask him first about being an idol?"

To be continued!

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 6 - updated 3/07
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »
(This is a fan fic based on the "public images" of various Hello!Project artists and is no way, shape or form trying to imply anything about the personal lives of the real people behind the public images.)

An Annoying Paradise Part 7 ("serialized in sho-komi")

Aika walks to his homeroom class.  Wow, has it really only been one week in this new school?  The situation almost feels comfortable.  Well, maybe not with the cross-dressing, but at least the people are kind of nice.

"Good morning, Aika-kun!"

"Good Morning!"  Aika smiles.  Yurina sure is tall.  No wonder Yurina is part of the fashion club and models for them at their shows.  I wonder if she'll stay with harmony project or try to become a model?

Aika remembers back to when he met Yurina, when Aika saw Yurina breaking up one of the school's frequent bullying incidents.

"Good morning, Aika-chan!"

"Good morning!"  Saki sure is genki.  I guess it's no surprise that Saki is part of the cheerleading squad.

Aika remembers back to when he met Saki, when Saki had tripped carrying exam books to the teachers lounge to grade and Aika volunteered to carry half of the exam books for her.

"Good morning, boyfriend!"

Aika is near thrown off of his stride by Reina throwing herself at him.  "Good morning."

"You'll never guess what I heard.  Risako and Sayumi split up."

"That's not giving me much of a chance to guess."

"I'm so happy.  I really think it's gross when girls couple up like that."

Aika looks at Reina's hand in his hand and rolls his eyes.

The homeroom teacher brings his class to order.  "Class, Santa tells me that he has an important announcement to make."

Santa walks up to the front of the class.  "Thank you, teacher."  Santa writes a name on the blackboard.  "I would like to reintroduce myself to the class.  I will now be called Hiro.  Please take care of me."

The class might approve of the name, but I don't think Santa is so happy, considering how he is slouching.

During lunch, Aika notices that Hiro goes off to eat his lunch by himself.  Seeing Kiraki is also by himself, Aika pounces on him.  "Hey, sumo boy, what's up with the name change?"

Kiraki starts getting stars in his eyes.  "Oh my god, it was such a scene!  You just can't image how awesome it was."

"What was?"

"Well, last night Josephine called us in for a meeting."

"Josephine?"

"One of the coaches at my agency."

"You have girl coaches at your agency?"

"No, no.  He's very fierce.  Anyway, he says that Hiro and Seiji were going to become a duo."

Aika turns red.  "I don't think I know this Seiji."

"He's an upperclassman.  He has light hair, walks around with a turtle?"

Aika shrugs.  "Sorry.  But, he's going to be Hiro's boyfriend now?"

"No, no.  A singing duo.  Singing duos are the bread and butter of any boy idol organization and are chosen for maximal appeal to the female demographic.  At least that what Hiro tells me."

Aika nods nervously.  It's just like Hiro to be an encyclopedia of idol industry customs.

"So, the duos are carefully chosen to match the right images.  So, you have Seiji who is the wide-eyed innocent type and then you have Hiro who is the comforting big brother type.  So, the duo should be a slam dunk."

Aika nods, but then turns serious.  "So, why is Hiro so sad?"

Abject panic crosses Kiraki's face.  Kiraki slouches down and talks in a conspiratorial way.  "How do you know that?"

Yikes!  I don't want to lie to this guy, but I can't just tell him that I have known 'Hiro' for most of his life.  "Women's intuition."

"Well, don't tell this to anyone, or else Hiro's feelings will really be hurt."  Kiraki looks around to further insure secrecy.  "Hiro has the self image of a heart throb.  For him to be cast as a big brother type was a huge let down."

Are you kidding me?  Aika has to stop himself from blurting out that this was the biggest piece of nonsense that he's ever heard.

But, then, maybe it is true.  Maybe Hiro does think about himself that way.  Even though girls didn't pursue Hiro in the previous school because of his reputation as a wota.  Even though Hiro was widely popular among their guys of the school because of his confidence and encouraging words.

Aika smiles.  "Thanks, I have to find my friend now."

"But, that's not the most amazing part.  Josephine tells me that I am going to be their assistant.  This means that when I debut next year I should be a veteran of touring circuit."

"Why aren't you debuting now?"

"I can't sing yet."

So why are you an idol if your can't sing?  Aika has to stop himself from rolling his eyes.  "Well, do your best.  I'm sure that Seiji and Hiro are in good hands with you."

Aika catches up to Reina.  "Hey, I have a question for you."

Reina looks at Aika suspiciously.  "I have one for you.  What was that chit chat with sumo boy?"

"I was just asking about the name change.  I hope you're not going to be a jealous girl friend."

"Well, I ..."  Reina stammers nervously.

"But, my question is, is there a particular standard size for girl idol groups?  Sumo boy was saying that for boys duos were standard, so I was wondering if there was a similar thing with girl idols?"

"Large groups are standard.  That way teenaged boys have more ways to 'couple up' the members.  Usually groups of four or more get the most benefit from this."

Aika nods.  "I get it.  As the size of the group grows, the number of potential pairings grows proportional to the size of the group squared."

"Oh my god.  You're so smart.  You have to help me with my math homework."

--

In the evening, Reina and Aika drink water after an exhausting vocal practice with Sachiko.

"What a slave driver."  Reina still whispers, not wanting to strain her tired voice.

Aika nods.

Suddenly, Megumi enters the talent lounge.  "Aika, T-sama wants to meet with you in his office."

"Me?"  Aika looks panicked.

Reina grabs Aika's shoulder to support her.  "It's probably something good.  T would pass the buck to a producer if it was something bad."

Aika enters T's office.  "Hey boss."

T sits behind his desk.  There are four chairs in front of his desk.  "Miss Aika, have a seat."

When Aika gets to the desk she is startled to see that the three of the other chairs are already filled.  What are Yurina, Risako, and Saki doing here?

"Aika, I have been telling these three that this agency just got a contract for a commercial.  I was thinking that a new group would be perfect for the song that I wrote for this commercial.  I would like you four to be this group."

To be continued!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 7 - updated 3/10
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 07:36:31 PM »
Resop, you update pretty fast eh! I go away for a week and see what happens you have loads of new chapters out, really busy at the moment but wanted to say that I am enjoying this story and that I should be back to normal soon so should be able to get back to some proper commenting soon

Keep it up!  :twothumbs

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 12:26:08 AM »
@oddball It's more like "re-writing" fast since this story has been put online before.

I have been rewriting the story as I go to fix some stylistic problems and to ret-con some concepts that show up in the (as of yet unfinished and un-uploaded) sequels.

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 12:53:16 AM »
(This is a fan fic based on the "public images" of various Hello!Project artists and is no way, shape or form trying to imply anything about the personal lives of the real people behind the public images.)

An Annoying Paradise Part 8 ("serialized in sho-komi")

"Aika, I have been telling these three that this agency just got a contract for a commercial.  I was thinking that a new group would be perfect for the song that I wrote for this commercial.  I would like you four to be this group."

Aika smiles.  "That's sounds cool."

Aika notices that T isn't looking at him.  She turns to her right and notices that Yurina is staring a hole through Risako's head.

"Yurina-san, does this plan not please you?"

Unexpectedly, Risako replies.  "Boss, I think that Yurina is uncomfortable being in a group with me based some of my recent behavior at school."

T nods, not saying a word.

Risako turns to Yurina and starts crying.  "I'm sorry I bullied those other girls.  I was being stupid.  I accept full responsibility."

"This is unnecessary!"

Yurina and Risako turn around to look at Saki.

"We're all national idols.  We're supposed to be professional.  Yes, Risako has bullied me in the past.  But, as an idol, if T says so then it's my job to work with Risako whether or not she apologies."

T smiles.  "This is a very interesting dynamic here.  What about you, Aika?  Did Risako try to bully you?"

Aika turns red.  He didn't want to dump on Risako even more than Saki and Yurina just have.  "I don't remember it if she did."

"Well then, Yurina, the other girls seem to be okay with Risako.  Will you be okay?"

"I guess I can give her a chance."

"Good.  This group could have some good chemistry.  Anyway, about the commercial.  It's a commercial about a new soap bubble maker.  So, the group will be call the Shabondama Four.  How do you think that sounds?"

Aika smiles.  "It's catchy.  I like it."

The other girls signal their agreement.

"Excellent."  T hands out compact disks.  "The backing track is on here.  Please become familiar with it tonight.  Tomorrow, you'll start learning how to sing it.  Okay?"

"Yes!"  All of the Shabondama Four members shout in unison.

The next day, Aika again finds himself walking the halls of the high school.

"Hey, partner!"

Aika is surprised to see Saki and Risako run up to him.

Saki smiles.  "What did you think of the backing track?"

"I liked it.  I wonder what the lyrics are going to be?"  Aika notices that Risako is carrying Saki's books along with her own books.

"I hope they're cool.  Oops, gotta run.  Come on."

Saki and Risako rush off.

"Suspicious, isn't it?"

Aika is startled by Yurina sneaking up behind him.  How does she do that?  She's almost eight inches taller than me.  "What's suspicious?"

"It's almost as if Saki is bullying Risako now."

Aika wrinkles her brow.  Wow, Yurina is really observant.

Aika continues to class, managing to pass Hiro, who is slouching as he walks.  "Good morning, Hiro-kun!"

"What's so good about it?"

"Isn't your career doing exciting things?"

"Yeah, I get put in a duo, we're going to do a live debut this weekend at some faraway onson, and we get Great King Klutz as our assistant."

"Who is going to be your partner?"

Hiro smiles.  "Well, that is something positive I guess.  Seiji is my partner.  Maybe I can introduce you to him at lunch.  You can also meet Kamei-ko."

"He has a girl friend?"

Hiro chuckles.  "You'll see."

Aika feels two eyes burning holes through the back of his skull.  I think I know who's staring at me.  Must be Reina.

Hiro rushes off ahead.

"So, what was that about?"

"Really, now.  Sumo boy and Hiro are our class mates.  If you act like this every time I talk to someone, don't you think that people will get the wrong idea?"

"I'm sorry.  I'm pathetic.  I was just so jealous of you getting into that new group."

"But, don't you think that it is better this way?"

"What is?"

"Well, when we debut as a duo, we can be Reina from the Race Cars Five and Aika from the Shabondama Four, as opposed to Reina from the Race Cars Five and some strange person named Aika who just walked in off the street."

Reina giggles.  "I guess that does sound better.  But, it also means that you'll have separate practices from me for a while."

"You'll survive."

That night the Shabondama Four got the lyrics and did a rough run through.

Aika is overjoyed at the result.  This went okay.  My voice and Yurina's voice unexpectedly blended well.  While my vocal range is high for a guy's voice, it is at the lower end of a typical girls voice.  Yurina's voice is also lower than average for a girl, but her voice is brash and my voice is slightly nasal.  Together, we sounded unusual, but good.

Risako and Saki have higher voices.  Risako has somewhat of a soulful voice and Saki has a happy vibrant voice, so together they also sounded unusual, but good.

And, at least the lyrics aren't too sappy, being about about partying and seeing a different side of yourself in the reflection of the soap bubbles.

After the practice, exhausted, they gather in the talent lounge.

"Orange juice?"

Risako immediately bolts and prepares orange juice for Saki.

Aika glances at Yurina and notes that Yurina is also making note of this.

The next day, after lunch, Aika comes back to the school.  There is a study hall after lunch and no one minds that she is fifteen minutes late for it each day.

The day has been a rainy one so Aika wears his raincoat.

He walks the to coat closet to stow his coat so it wouldn't get his locker wet.  He is the only one in the halls because everyone else is in class.

Aika pulls the door to the left.  He starts to pull his coat off and then realizes that he is not alone.

Aika looks to the left, towards the back of the closet, squinting. Aika can discern two nearly half naked figures entwined with each other, both mortified for being caught in flagrante delicto.

To be continued!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 8 - updated 3/13
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 11:10:57 AM »
So Risako is sorry she bullied everyone but it seems that perhaps Saki might now be bullying her! for revenge perhaps?

At least Reina seems cool about Aika being in another group and Aika does point out that it would be good for them as a duo so perhaps that's why Reina was cool with it

But OMG who did Aika see making out, I need to know!!!  :panic:

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 8 - updated 3/13
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »

An Annoying Paradise Part 9 ("serialized in sho-komi")

Aika looks to the left, towards the back of the closet, squinting. Aika can discern two nearly half naked figures entwined with each other, both mortified for being caught in flagrante delicto.

Risako closes her eyes and starts blubbering.

"Please, don't tell anyone.  Okay?"

Aika looks at Saki in shock.  "Um, you guys better put your clothes on and come out.  Like now."

Aika closes the closet door and takes off his raincoat and waits.  Geez, are they going to be in there all day?

A horribly embarrassed Risako and a slightly annoyed Saki come out.

After hanging up her coat Aika lashes out at her group mates.  "It's not like I care that much what you two do together, but this is a really bad way for me to find out about it."

Saki aggressively defends herself, waving her handing in front of her face.  "It is a bad way, that's true, but this is our first time fooling around, so we couldn't have told you if it hadn't happened yet, right?"

Aika stares at Saki, not knowing what to think.  "So, what was yesterday?  Both Yurina and I thought your behavior together was kind of suspicious."

"Oh, that?"  Saki nervously laughs.  "Well, several months ago Risa-chan decided to let her dark side out at my expense.  She didn't realize that I have a dark side as well.  So, I when she had to grovel to get in with the in crowd, I was more than happy to get some payback.  So, after the meeting I texted her that she should really do some servant work for me the next day, just to show that she was serious about wanting to be in the group."

Aika glances at Risako whose expression seems to be in line with what Saki is saying.

"But, she really surprised me yesterday with her being a good sport.  So, last night I texted her that she passed the test and then for fun I sent her a picture of myself blowing her a kiss.  What I didn't expect was for her to send me back a picture kind of upping the ante.  I guess I got caught up in the moment, but soon we were 's/texting' each other."

Ehhhh?  Aika looks at Saki as if she has no idea what Saki is talking about.

"Wow, did you transfer from a school from out in the country?"

"It was in Tokyo, but not really a very hip part of Tokyo."

Saki leans over to whisper in Aika's ear.  "We were sending naughty pictures to each other by cell phone."

Aika turns red.

"So, Risako suggested that we could do it in real life in the closet after lunch.  She didn't expect you to show up, though."

Aika thinks for a second.  "I was going to say that you guys had better not let anyone else know, but on the other hand, you guys better tell Yurina.  It would be a lot better if you told her rather than having her find out the same way I found out."

Saki turns red.  She had not thought of all of the consequences of their forbidden love yet.

"But, definitely no one else.  I don't know if you two read your contracts, but you two could easily get bounced out of the agency for misbehavior in public.  Just saying."

Saki and Risako nod.

Finally Risako speaks up.  "I know this is a bad time to ask, but I was wondering if you could do us a favor?"

Aika gives Risako a stony look, but Risako gathers her courage.

"It would be bad if the wota suspected me and Saki of being a couple, so when we shoot the commercial, and shoot the making of video, could you pretend to flirt with us?  We know that Reina likes you, so we know that it wouldn't mean anything, but at least it will throw the media off the trail.  What do you say?"

Aika looks grossed out.  "I say I need to get to study hall.  Maybe tonight I'll be in a better mood and I'll even be able to think about your request."

The other two girls nod.

"By the way, when we do concerts together I hope you two will changing costumes faster than that.  The audience will be falling asleep."

Risako pushes her fingers together.  "My bad."

Aika play smacks Risako in back of the head.

In study hall Aika catches up with Reina.

"You're later than usual."

"Had a situation that I had to deal with."

Reina looks at Aika suspiciously.

"Maybe you could clue me in on some of these idol customs."

"Oh?"

"About idol girls coupling up?"

Reina rolls her eyes.  "What a bucket of worms.  It's really not something that you want to deal with at all.  Even though all of the wotas think that all of us are doing it with all of the other girls, it would be awful for a girl's popularity if she was caught in real life with another idol."

"Why?"

"There are some twenty girls in our agency.  Believe me, no matter who else you name in our agency there are hundreds of wota who believe that I am that other idol's one true love match."  Reina makes a heart shape with her two hands.  "If I was caught in real life with a one specific person then all the people who paired me up with someone different would burn all of their posters of me."

Aika nods, taking all this in.  "So, suppose an idol is on a video shoot and she openly flirts with another idol.  That would be bad, right?"

Reina nods.

"But, what if she flirted with more than one idol?"

"Oh, that would be fine.  People who pair you with one girl will view your flirting with her as proof of truest of true 'love love' bonds, while your flirting with the other girl will just be viewed as a cute sisterly exchange."

"Even if she treated both girls equally?"

"Especially if both are treated equally.  The mind of the wota will see what they want to see."

"What about duos?"

"Duos are almost always assumed to be couples, unless they both make an effort to stay associated with other girls."

Aika nods gravely.  How did my life became so complicated?

That night she arrived early to agency.  When she got to the practice hall, Saki and Risako were still changing.  However, Yurina was waiting for her.

"They told me."  Yurina whispered, not trusting her own agency for privacy.

"What do you think?"

"I think they're gross, but at least it's better than them bullying each other."

Aika nods.

"So, are you going to be their beard?"

"Beard?"

"Their cover story.  You know, 'Oh, we're not together, we share Aika as a boyfriend,' that sort of thing."

"I won't if you disapprove.  We're a group now.  We should be of one mind."

Yurina smiles.  "Well, I sure don't want to do it myself.  So, if you can take it, I'll support you."

Aika smiles.  Aika goes to high five Yurina but Yurina puts her hand up farther than Aika can reach.  Aika grabs Yurina by the shoulder and jumps up to slap her hand.

Both explode into giggles.

After practice, Risako catches up to Aika as he walks to the subway.  "Wait up."

"Wow, they move fast don't they?"

"I know.  We record tomorrow and then shoot the video this weekend."

"Are you excited for it?"

"Absolutely.  This is what we get paid for right?"

"More excited than school closets?"

Risako pushes Aika.  "Well, no.  You should know that if you had told us to stop seeing each other I would have ignored you, no matter how badly you would have thrashed me."

"So, that's how it is?"

Risako nods.

"Well, let's hope our videos are half as interesting as the back stage stuff."

To be continued!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 9 - updated 3/16
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »
So in the end Saki and Risako end up liking each other enough to date!  :lol: Well, wasn't quite expecting that to be sure!

Hmm, Reina's pretty clued up about this whole wota-fan thing, she should write some fiction......  :roll:

I wonder though, perhaps Reina may get a bit jealous of Aiki flirting with Saki and Rii, I suppose we will wait and see

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
So in the end Saki and Risako end up liking each other enough to date!  :lol: Well, wasn't quite expecting that to be sure!

Hmm, Reina's pretty clued up about this whole wota-fan thing, she should write some fiction......  :roll:

I wonder though, perhaps Reina may get a bit jealous of Aiki flirting with Saki and Rii, I suppose we will wait and see

About Reina writing fan fiction, I have noticed that in many anime shows and live action shows that the characters will often reference their own source material.  For example, a character in an anime that is based on a manga serialized in some phone book might often be seen reading that particular phone book manga.

As for being clued into the who wota-fan thing, maybe she knew (or knew of) another idol who got caught with another girl and saw the resulting backlash?  Or, maybe Sachiko or Megumi are the source of such stories?  Or, maybe Reina and Hiro have something in common?  I have never really thought of that detail ...

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 01:15:05 AM »

An Annoying Paradise Part 10 ("serialized in Shounen Jump")

Kiraki gets out of the van and looks around.  Wow, this place is amazing!

Hiro gets out and shoves Kiraki.  "Are you going to help load the gear or what?"

"Sorry, but look at this place!"

Hiro smiles.  Kiraki has a point.  They had just spent many hours driving to the mountains and the onsen that they had arrived at had views that one might only imagine seeing in a television travel show.

"You two enjoying the view?  Kamei-ko is very surprised as well."  Seiji is all smiles.  He had been worried that his younger team mates might be nervous, but their enjoying the view puts his mind at ease.

Seiji starts pulling out some of the gear from the back of the van and Kiraki immediately runs over and takes over.

As Josephine leads Kiraki to the staging area, Seiji grabs Hiro and motions that they should introduce themselves to the onsen managers.

The managers are older ladies.  "My goodness, this has turned into such an interesting day.  The guests are getting a show all day long today."

Seiji raises an eyebrow.  "All day?  I thought the entertainment started at four?  Are we late?"

"No, no, no.  It's just that another group got here early in the morning and have been shooting a music video in the courtyard.  They're such nice young ladies as well.  They've been very open and friendly with our guests."

Seiji nudges Hiro.  "Hey, why don't we take a peek?"

Hiro looks annoyed.  This was his debut before a live audience and he really wasn't looking for distractions.  "Well, if Josephine says it's okay."

After finding Josephine and Kiraki, the four of them make their way to the back.  Soon they hear music.

"Pa pa pa pa pa pya, I see a new side of me, pa pa pa pa pa pya, at this nice party ..."

The four of them stop at a doorway that has be roped off.

Hiro and Kiraki have to stop themselves from blurting out.

"Okay!  Cut.  Take a break while we review this dance footage.  I think we're really making progress."  The male video director is all smiles.

Seiji looks at his team mates funny.  "Never seen a video shoot before?"

Kiraki bounces up and down on his feet in excitement.  "You don't understand.  Do you see the shortest girl out there?  She's in our homeroom class."

Seiji looks closer at the four girls.  Even though they were taking a break, they were still being videotaped by a second crew who were shooting a "making of" extra to be released with the single for the commercial.  "You're right!  Hiro, that girl you introduced me to, Aika is her name, right?"

Hiro nods.

Suddenly Aika notices the onlookers and gives a signal to the making of videographers to take a break.

Aika runs over to the group.  "You have got to be kidding me.  There are five thousand onsens in Japan and both of our groups wind up at the same one?"

Megumi, fearing a scene, rushes over.  "Aika, what's the meaning of this?"

"Don't worry, this is Seiji, Hiro and Kiraki from my school.  Hiro and Kiraki are in my homeroom class.  We see each other every day.  They're playing here live today.  And, from what I hear, this might be Josephine."

Aika's wardrobe assistant looks at Aika sternly.  "Miss Aika, you know that and they know that, but the onsen guests might not know that."

Josephine clears his throat.  "Please, ma'am.  Don't worry.  These boys have their own work to do."

Megumi bows.  "Thank you sir."

Aika goes back to her group and signals that it is safe to continue shooting.

Josephine starts tapping his toe.  "You boys do realize that we have a job to do?"

Seiji and Hiro turn to go back.  Kiraki starts to turn but then catches a glance of Aika putting her arms around one of the medium sized girls from behind.

"You coming, Kiraki?"

"Sure!"  Kiraki, in a daze, turns around and runs into a wall.

Josephine finds the stage manager and introduces him to the boys.

"My, my.  I think our guests will enjoy your act.  So, it's just two boys singing?"

Josephine nods.  "Yes, this one is their assistant.  If there is any odd job you need him to do, please don't hesitate to ask."

The stage manager rubs his beard.  "Well, I have three other acts going on today.  Why don't you introduce yourself to them and see if they need anything?"

"Yes, sir."

The stage manager leads Kiraki to one of the dressing rooms.  "A and B?  You have a visitor.  Please excuse us."

The dressing room is small and dingy.  Two young men sit in opposite corners shaking with nervousness, playing hand held video games.

"A, B, this is Kiraki.  If you need anything, just ask him."

The two young men mumble.

"Why don't you show him your act?"

The two young men pick themselves up and address Kiraki.

"I'm A."

"And, I'm B."

"We're going to tell a story."

"There was this cow that was out in a pasture.  He, ..., he, ..."  B cowers behind A.  "That boy is too scary looking!"

Kiraki looks on in horror.  If Hiro and Seiji have to follow this train wreck of an act the show will be a disaster for sure!

The stage manager rolls his eyes.  "Do try to get it together?"

The stage manager leads Kiraki to a second dressing room.  "Mister Mysterio?  You have a guest."

The stage manager and Kiraki walk in and are greeted by a composed and dapper looking magician in a cape.

He holds up a pack of cards.  "This trick was taught to me by the great Mephisto.  Behold!"  The magician takes the deck in one hand and starts transferring the deck to the other hand through the air.

"Wow."

Suddenly the trick falls apart and cards fly everywhere.  The magician sits down and cries.  "I have disgraced the great Mephisto!"

Kiraki gets a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.  What type of a show is this?

The stage manager leads Kiraki to a third dressing room.  They are greeted by an older balding gentleman.

"Come in, come in!"

"This boy is a stage assistant today.  If you have any needs let him know."

"That's wonderful!"

"Why don't you show him your act?"

"Sure!  Young man, I am going to make you laugh.  You see, ..."  The older man looks befuddled.  "He, he.  I forgot my lines."

Kiraki breaks out in a cold sweat.  What am I going to do?

To be continued!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:22:28 AM by resop2 »

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 10 - updated 3/19
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
Ha Ha this chapter was completly random!  :rofl: poor Kiraki he's seems totally lost at the moment!  :panic:

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 03:55:16 AM »
Ha Ha this chapter was completly random!  :rofl: poor Kiraki he's seems totally lost at the moment!  :panic:

But, it's not that originally random.  There's an episode in Kirarin Revolution that had very similar opening acts.

However, Kiraki, like any good Shounen Jump hero, is probably making some good super-deformed reaction faces to all this.

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 04:11:23 AM »

An Annoying Paradise Part 11 ("serialized in Shounen Jump")

Kiraki knocks on the door for Hiro and Seiji's dressing room.  There is no answer.  "Excuse me."  Kiraki enters.

Josephine plays a note on a harmonica.

"Ah ah ah ah ah ah AH ah ah ho."

Kiraki marvels at Hiro and Seiji sitting on the floor practicing their vocal harmonies.  "Amazing."

Seiji smiles.  "How is it going Kiraki?"

Kiraki looks down at his feet.  "The other acts don't seem to have their acts together at all."

Hiro slaps the ground in disgust and pouts.

Seiji gets up and walks over to Kiraki and puts his hand on Kiraki's shoulder.  "Looks like we're in trouble then.  However, you're always talking about being a fighter.  Could you fight for these opening acts?"  Seiji gives Kiraki his best puppy dog look.

Kiraki is torn between being moved and being confused by what Seiji just said.  "I should beat up the opening acts?"

"No, you must beat up their fears.  You must be their champion."

Kiraki looks straight ahead in a daze.

Josephine blows a low note on his harmonica to catch Kiraki's attention.  "Kiraki-kun, you're very genki.  Just give it a try.  I'm sure you'll figure something out."

Kiraki nods.  "All right.  I'll do it."

Kiraki walks back to the first dressing room.  "Excuse me."

A and B cower in the corner at Kiraki's presence.

Kiraki sits down and bows humbly, trying to diminish his presence as much as possible.

After a minute of bowing, A and B get curious.  "Why did you come back?"

"Please, I need to know about this cow!"

A and B nervously rush through their story, leading to a very weak punch line.

"Is that all there is?  What did the cow feel when crow started talking to him in cow language?"

A pushes B.  "You baka.  That was one of your lines."

"You were the one that skipped that section."

"Please, tell me the story again from the beginning.  I don't mind."

A and B tell the story again, this time with about twice as much detail.  This time the punch line seems to have more substance.  "What did you think?"

"It was awesome, but you didn't explain why the cow knew that bull frog could not be trusted to tell him which cave the tiger was in."

A looks thunderstruck.  "That's not even part of the story."

"No one has ever cared about that before."

"Please, think of a reason for tonight's performance."

A and B nod together.  "Okay."

Kiraki leaves A and B's dressing room, not knowing if what he did would have any positive effect at all.

"Itai!"

Kiraki sees Aika walking the hall.  "Aika, are you all right?"

"I cut my finger."

"Well, the first aid station is down the hall."

"Thanks, sumo boy."  Aika runs off.

Kiraki looks at Aika as she runs off.  She's is faking being hurt.  My martial arts training tells me that she's being overly dramatic.  I hope this didn't hurt her video.

After visiting the other two acts again, Kiraki drags himself back to Hiro and Seiji's dressing room.  "Excuse me."

Kiraki enters and notices that Hiro and Seiji are now applying stage make up in a dusty poorly lit mirror.

Seiji notices Kiraki's condition.  "The other acts are that bad?"

Kiraki looks at himself in the mirror.  "I think my eyebrow hair is falling out."

Seiji giggles.  "You know, I had days like this when I first started.  Josephine would always tell me that a true idol is one that can be thrust into the absolute worst situations and come out on top."

Josephine nods.

"But, I can't say that I've had to deal with a mess like this.  Do your best Kiraki."

Kiraki mumbles to himself and shuffles out of the room.

--

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to our show!  Is everyone lively?"  The stage manager cups his hand to his ear.  The small number of people in the onsen's auditorium have nothing to say to him.

"That's good!  Anyway, here is our first act, A and B!"

A and B walk out on stage.  They try to do their story and fail about four lines in.

Kiraki has a vein pop out on his forehead.  This calls for desperate measures!

Kiraki runs out on stage.  "Hello, everyone!  My name is C."

The audience gives him stony silence.

"I love stories about cows.  Could you tell me that story again?"

A and B try again.  However, they are so nervous that they obviously miss an important section of the story.

"Excuse me!  Where did the cow learn his martial arts?"

A and B fill in the section that they missed and try to continue, but they again miss an important section.

"Excuse me!  Was the horse against or in favor of progressive tax rates?"

A and B laugh at their mistake and continue.

However, Kiraki can tell that his interruptions were starting to grate on A and B's nerves.

"Excuse me, what type of car was the pig driving?"

A explodes.  "Will you shut up!!"

The crowd explodes with applause and laughter.

Kiraki makes a comic hang dog face and tip toes off stage.  "I just like cow stories."

Energized by the crowd reaction, A and B finish their story without missing any more details and get a nice ovation.

"Our next act is Mister Mysterio!"

Mysterio starts out with his card trick and promptly messes it up.

Kiraki wraps a cloth around his head, thief style, and walks on stage.  "How dare you mess up a trick from me, the great Mephisto?  Prepare to face the horror of my magical martial arts."

Mysterio gathers up his cards.  "Is that so?  I would like to see that."

Kiraki throws a strike aiming for an area about a foot and a half in front of Mysterio.

Mysterio takes the cards and does the trick again, this time transferring the deck around Kiraki's arm.

The crowd gasps.

Kiraki sulks off the stage.  "Your magic martial arts is good."

Josephine looks on in wonder.  Maybe the boss is right?  Maybe inside of this weird untalented kid is someone who can connect with an audience?

To be continued!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 11 - updated 3/22
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
Good Job for Kiraki for saving the show, hmm so even though he has no real 'talents' he can still rescue the show and has a presense on the stage, I wonder, will that be enough for him though?.......

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 11 - updated 3/22
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 12:50:20 AM »

An Annoying Paradise Part 12 ("serialized in Shounen Jump")

Spurred by the laughter from the opening acts, the auditorium of the onsen fills up with people.

Kiraki leads the opening acts through the audience by pretending to allow them to beat him up.

Kiraki suddenly stops.  Wow, Aika and those other three girls are going to be watching the show.

The opening acts fall over Kiraki and create a large pile.

Finally, the stage manager takes control of the situation.  "Everyone, are you ready for a idol concert?"

The crowd cheers.

"Well, let me bring out a new group.  They are making their live debut tonight.  Please welcome Hiro and Seiji!"

Kiraki retreats to back stage so that he can see the concert close up.

Seiji and Hiro walk out on stage.  Seiji looks totally shocked and overwhelmed.

Kiraki looks puzzled.  I've never seen Seiji acting in a less than cool way before.

Hiro nudges Seiji.  "Seiji, are you okay?"

"All of these people."

"Yes, all of these people are here to hear us sing.  Isn't that amazing?"

"Everyone, everyone, THANK YOU!!"  Seiji starts sniffling.

"Come on, they came to hear us sing."

Seiji nods.

"Hello, everyone.  My name is Hiro and this is Seiji.  This is our live debut, so when we become famous idols you can brag to your friends that you saw us first."

Seiji nods enthusiastically.

"We haven't figured out a name for our duo yet, but Hiro and Seiji sounds good, doesn't it?"

The crowd murmurs some approval.

"What about Seiji and Hiro?"

Hiro looks annoyed at Seiji.  "I'm not sure I like that name better."  Hiro hides his face from Seiji so he can wink to the crowd.

The crowd giggles.

"Shall we get started?"

Seiji nods.

Both Hiro and Seiji suddenly get serious and bow their heads.

Josephine starts their karaoke tape.

A loud rock beat starts.

Seiji jumps ahead, completely transformed from a shy young boy into an energetic star.  "Come on everyone, let's start burning up!"

Kiraki hit's himself in the head.  How could I be so dumb as to not realize that Seiji was playing up his stereotype before he started performing?

Seiji and Hiro perform three songs.  They have the crowd in the palms of their hands the entire time.

Seiji and Hiro say thank you to the crowd and exit.

The crowd loudly starts demanding an encore.

Josephine hugs both Seiji and Hiro.

Seiji starts looking panicked.  "We don't have music for any more songs.  What now Josephine?"

Kiraki pipes up.  "Didn't you tell me that a true idol can be thrust into the worst of situations and come out on top?"

This calms Seiji down.  "What about it Hiro?  Want to try a Capella?"

Hiro nods, but then grabs Kiraki.  "Come on, you need to lead a question and answer session first.  It will make people forget that we had a crappy a Capella encore."  Hiro shoves Kiraki on stage.

"Hello everyone!  This is a person C's special interview segment and today I would like to interview Seiji and Hiro!"

The crowd cheers.

"Of course, as a grizzled and tough reporter, I will be asking the hard questions."  Kiraki pats his biceps and strikes a heroic pose.  "So, Hiro, Naruto or Naruto: Shippuden?"

Hiro nearly falls over.  "What kind of silly question is that?"

Kiraki turns red.

Rats.  I shouldn't yell at a host, no matter how much of a baka sumo boy is being.  "The first series, up until the point where the manga writer couldn't keep up with the television series and the story wondered out of control with filler episodes."

Seiji nods.  "The first series was good, but I have been enjoying Shippuden as well."

"So, Seiji, which shinigami from Bleach is your favorite?"

Yikes!  This crowd is rapidly turning on Kiraki.  "Not to dodge this worthy question, but I'll bet there are lots of people in the audience who have their own questions."

Kiraki does a good job in organizing the questions from the audience, until ...

"I have a question for Hiro.  What type of girl are you interested in?"

Hiro shoots a look at the girl who asked the question, the tallest girl from the video shoot.  Oh great.  The last question I want to answer.  Any answer I give will alienate any girl who doesn't fit that description.

Kiraki smiles.  "So, what about it Hiro?  Are their any girls you all ready fancy?  Anything that you're looking for in a girl?"

Hiro coughs.  Oh no.  I do have a prepared answer, but now I realize that it would sound too smug.  "Well, to be honest with everyone, I'm still going to school.  The school I go to is overrun by people who are signed as idol singers.  So, I am surrounded all day by the same girls that many of the guys in this very audience dream about.  And, I have to admit, they are good at what they do, which is getting guys to dream about them.  However, I don't have a favorite right now.  But, if I did, I would want them to be a friend and someone who was dependable."

This response draws applause.

--

On the ride home the three boys are in high spirits and take turns throwing rolled up pieces of paper at each other.

After a while Seiji and Kamei-ko take a nap.

Kiraki teases Hiro.  "That was a slick answer to the girl friend question."

"I was lying."

"What?"

"There is a girl at the school that I have a crush on, but I haven't told her yet."

Kiraki nods.  "I can see how that question must have been awkward."

Hiro rolls his eyes.  "That question was a receipt."

Kiraki looks at Hiro with a uncomprehending look.

"The question was that girl's revenge on me.  You see, she's in our school, and she's in the fashion club.  When I came to the school she tried to recruit me to be a model for the fashion club but I turned her down."

"How mean."

"Forget about it.  An idol has to be able to handle adversity."

Kiraki nods.

"Unless she makes a habit out of trying to throw me off, I would just forget it."

"That's so cool of you."

"Hey I have worse things to worry about.  My singing was flat twice in the second song.  You have no idea what torture Josephine is going to put me through next week."

Josephine, who is driving the van, laughs an evil laugh.

To be continued!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 12 - updated 3/25
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »
Ah ,well done to Hiro and Seiji on a successful debut, even if Kirako did bungle the Q&A  :doh: still nevermind....

Hmm, I wonder if this girl who's following Hiro around may cause more problems down the line?

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 12 - updated 3/25
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »

An Annoying Paradise Part 13 ("serialized in sho-komi")

"Okay, Shabondama Four's first video making of, say yea!"

The four members say "yea" in unison and make peace signs.  They stand in front of the bus that they had just spent three hours driving in.

Aika yawns.  The sun is just rising now?  They had us report to the agency building at four in the morning!  I had no luck trying to sleep on the way up.

"Miss Aika, please don't zone out."  The camera man in charge of the making of video tries to encourage Aika so that he can continue to shoot "candid" video.

I just rode three hours.  You'd zone out too.  Aika tries to compose himself.  "Good morning.  My name is Aika, and I apologize for being sleepy.  We just got here to this onsen and I have never imagined coming to a place this amazing."

Risako jumps in front of Aika and starts clowning around, acting like a monkey.

"You'll probably want to know who I am shooting this video with.  There are four of us, as you might expect from a group called the Shabondama Four.  One of our members is this trained monkey right here.  What is your name, monkey-san?"

Risako scratches the top of her head and gives Aika a confused look.

Yurina walks over pretending to hand turn a music box and singing some old fashioned song.  "Oh, kind lady.  I see you have found my trained monkey."

"Oh, this is yours?  It's a nice monkey.  What is monkey-san's name?"

"Her name is Risako."

Risako jumps up and down to signify knowing it's name.

"Yurina!"  Saki joins the other three clowns.  "I thought I told you to find a job.  Yet, here you are again with this monkey.  What am I to do?"  Saki pouts, overacting as much as she can.

Yurina pretends to be hurt.  "But, Saki, my monkey and I can earn much more on the streets than I can make in a regular job."

Megumi gives Aika a signal to herd the troops into makeup.

"Well, as you can see, the girls of Shabondama Four are completely normal girls so please support our first song for our first commercial."

The other three girls continue clowning until the cameraman signals that he is done.

Aika drags the other girls through the onsen, following Megumi to the makeup area.

Risako pokes Aika.  "Hey you.  It looks like you're going to be the straight man of the group, so when we're acting like clowns you need to tease us more.  If you don't tease us it looks like you're expecting us to act stupid because we are stupid."

"Sorry."

One of the makeup artists begins working on Aika.

Aika quickly becomes bored and starts reading anything that is available.  Aika looks at one of the brochures.

This onsen has separate baths for women and men, as well as rooms with private baths.  While bathing in hot springs is generally considered safe, the management recommends not bathing if you have a cut anywhere on your body...

Megumi comes over to Aika.  "Now look.  I know that we've had this argument before.  Are you still sure you don't want boots with heels?  You are already the shortest of the group.  Not wearing heals will make you stand out even more."

"I'm sure."

"Okay, but I brought two pairs of boots for you, one without heels and one with heels, just in case you change your mind."

Aika nods  "Well, you know me.  I've never wore high heels before, so trying to dance in them before I learn how to walk in them would be a disaster."

Finally, the make up is applied and the costumes are put on.  The group runs out in the courtyard where the crew has already put up elaborate decorations to make it look like a party is going on.

Aika notices that there are dozens of the soap bubble machines lying around.  "Hey, do these things really work?"

"Try it out."  The making of cameramen grunted.

Aika starts turning the wheel of the machine and soon hundreds of huge bubbles start filling the sky.  "Oh my god, this thing really works.  So pretty!"

"You'll be sick of them by the tenth take."

The director for the video tries to line up the group.  "Come on now, you guys did this dance perfectly in practice yesterday.  It should be easy going today.  The only thing different are the costumes.  Now line up."

The group lines up in the following order: Saki, Risako, Aika and Yurina.  The director scratches his head.  "Miss Aika, doesn't your costume come with high heels?  You guys look ridiculous lined up like that."

"I didn't practice in heels."

"Can't you put them on, though?"

"I've never worn heels before."

The director shoots a dirty look at Megumi.  "What type of a national idol is this?"

"I'm sorry.  T warned me that she was the least feminine girl he had ever hired."

Aika turns red.  That's the understatement of the century!

The director starts pouting.

Megumi adjusts her glasses and gathers her courage.  "Director-san, I think that we should just start shooting as it is.  Maybe the strangeness of line up will make people look at it twice?  Like something that is subtly wrong?"

The director rolls his eyes.  "Okay, but I can't promise to like any of this."

The director lines the group up again.  "Okay, intro and first verse!"

They do the dance and lip sync the intro.  At the break in between the intro and verse each one of the four picks up a bubble machine and start cranking them.

Aika is very surprised.  When she was using the machine by herself there was an impressive amount of bubbles, but with four machines going at the same time she could barely even see the director through the thick cloud of soap bubbles.

After five takes the director finally calls for a break.  "Okay, good job, take a five minute break."

Aika turns to Saki to ask her if she thought that the director got any usable footage out of that soap bubble explosion, but is cut off.

"Don't forget your promise."

Aika frowns.  Oops, that's right, I promised to flirt with her and Risako.  Aika nods to Saki.  "I'll get on that now."

Aika catches the eye of the making of cameraman and then sneaks up behind Risako, who is trying to negotiate sampling some of the food on the party table without messing up her outfit.

Aika stands on his tiptoes and puts his arms around Risako's head.

Risako smiles and uses a plastic spoon to scoop some of the frosting off of the cake and puts some of the frosting on Aika's nose.

Megumi runs over and grabs both of them by the ear.  "Come on, you two, the makeup artist's job is hard enough without you ruining Aika's foundation."

Risako gives Megumi a hang dog look.  "Sorry, it just happened."

"Aika, get that touched up."

Aika runs back to the makeup room.  Yes!  One down, one to go.

To be continued!

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: An Annoying Paradise - part 13 - updated 3/28
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »
Poor Aika, seems as though the sooner 'she' gets trained to wear heels the better

The director shoots a dirty look at Megumi.  "What type of a national idol is this?"

"I'm sorry.  T warned me that she was the least feminine girl he had ever hired."

Aika turns red.  That's the understatement of the century!

:lol:

So Aika got her flirting done with Risako, nice now that just leaves Saki.....

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kuraki Mai - Tsumetai Umi