JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~

Author Topic: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 25 (completed) + Credits - 18/05]  (Read 33430 times)

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
  • I'll do anything for your smile Risa!
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 8 - 19/4]
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 07:16:54 PM »
Poor Gaki-san, she doesn't know what she did wrong  :cry: Ai-chan, you should considerate her feelings as well  :angry: even though it may hurt, you would have a comforting soul right next to you  :inlove:
This is getting more and more interesting, waiting for more  :jphip:

Offline Tchips

• Moshi moshi Kame yo. Kame-san yo.
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »
Hey! I just discovered your fic yesterday and I already read it all... And I'm really hooked up :bow:

I really hope Risa can help Aichan open her eyes and heart to her and finally start to speak... Must be terrible a life without being able to say a word... :(

Breaking them is a crime!

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 12:33:07 AM »
Awww~ :wub: The beginning of new love! :inlove: How sweettt! :D

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 03:53:32 AM »
Thanks for the comments!!

@ rndmnwierd: Well well well . . . .Hmmm. . .that's too early to be said, whether or not Risa would be . . . .hmmmm . Heehee !

@ alwaysYou: I'm really glad that there's something for you to look forward to and liking this fic ^.^ Well, i actually haven really plan for Sayumi for coming out again, not the next few chapters anyway . Let's see about that .. . Thank You!!

@ SarangAi: Yupps things are heating up for now . . . and the next few chapters is . . . Hmmmm hmmmm interesting. Hhahaha.

@Bamtai: What are Risa done wrong?? Hmmm. Thanks you !

@Tchips: Hello! I'm glad that this fic had caught your attention :) it makes me happy as well :) Thank you!

@kano-chan: Would you be upset when you read the following chapter?? I'm sorry for that! Thank you!

*awkward* Alright, next chapter coming. It's kinda short and yeah weird. To be truthful with you, I spent more than 6 months trying to finish this chapter up. I was really stuck at this chapter. and yeah, with the mindset and desire to finish up this fic that I had gave up writing 4 years ago, I manage to squeeze out this weird chapter. But it's essential for the future developement of the story I guess? And yeah, for the next few chapters, you may have notice that some of my writing style had change? hahahha *awkward* lets get to the next chapter them. Once and foremost again, Thank you for reading!! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 9] - A Confused Heart. Or Two

Though in indoors, her body still could not stop trembling from the cold outside. Risa scrutinised the small, simple and cosy living area she was placed in.  'Simplicity . . . the beauty of one heart . . . ' She turned towards the direction where the kitchen was located, where Ai was, fiddling around with the kettle and cups. Risa could see every actions Ai made. It was a studio apartment after all, with no enclosed areas except for the toilet, it was difficult to miss her actions.

Risa continued to have her eyes set on Ai, with slight gentleness filling her eyes. 'How I wish that I can know you more.'

While Risa continued to study Ai and her actions, Ai kept herself busy in the small kitchen. With the empty glass held tightly in her hands, Ai noticed that her hands were trembling. 'Why are you hands trembling, Ai? What are you doing? Why did you bring her back to your own comfort zone? Didn't you decided that it's time to stay away, especially after what they had witness?' Ai shook her head slightly, trying to push away the negative thoughts that were building up in her mind. 'She's freezing to death now. Getting her warmed up is the main thing you should think about, Ai.' With that, Ai shut her mind up and continued preparing the hot tea for Risa.

Risa moved her attention away from Ai and sank her head into her gloved hands. 'What am I supposed to do now? Eri asked me to look for my source of distraction and I did without planning? What am I suppose to tell her? Why do I feel the need to see her. Why . . . ' A warm sensation came touching the side of Risa's cheek, breaking her trails of thoughts. She looked up from her hands and saw Ai standing before her, placing the cup of hot tea beside her face. Their eyes met for a second before Ai turned her head away, breaking the eye contact they were making. Risa took over the hot tea from Ai, allowing the warmth of the tea to warm her hands up.  "Thank you . . . " Risa muttered, almost inaudibly.

Ai straddled a few steps away from Risa and stopped before the wooden coffee table. As Ai allowed herself to settle down on the table, Risa brought the tea to her mouth, drinking small bits of it, letting the warm liquid into her body. An awkward silence settled within the sitting area of the studio apartment, with both parties having an unclear mind of what they should say.

Risa had her eyes set on Ai, who had her eyes set on her fingers. 'What was that that I wanted to say to her? I can't remember anymore. What had gave me the courage, gave me the impulsion to show up right in front of her workplace. What was that that was overflowing in my mine previously and that nothing is able to come out now? What are you doing, Risa?'

'Ai. Say something.' The mind of Ai urged her to do so. 'What am I suppose to say? She appeared so suddenly at my workplace. That was totally unexpected. And . . . They had seen that. My break. My crazy. Would she still accept me as a friend? Nobody would want a mute as a friend, not to mention, a one who will go crazy at the sound of the second hand of the clock, the hand brings in the reality of my life. . . ' The sound of the glass cup contacting the wooden table interrupted the thoughts of Ai. Ai looked up and saw Risa standing beside her.

Risa had just placed the half drank cup beside Ai. She bit her lower lips lightly as stood beside Ai awkwardly. "I'm . . . I'm sorry for the impulse visitation just now. I guess . . . I shall leave now. Sorry about that, Ai-san." Risa mumbled softly before proceeding to the door.

Ai was shocked by the sudden action of Risa. She remained rooted at the seat on the table when she heard the main door clicked closed. Unknowingly to Risa, tears had started to flow down the flawless cheeks of Ai. 'Just as what I had guess . . . she do mind about having a crazy person as a friend. Were you expecting something different, Ai? Face the truth, you are brought into this world to face the ugliness of the world - loneliness. That's your fate, that's your destiny. That's why Papa and Mama had abandoned you. Ai, you are such a loser.' Standing up from her position, Ai staggered to her bed, burying her face into the soft touch of the covers. 'Loneliness is your best friend, Ai. Now and forever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tadaima" Risa mumbled out incoherently as she step into the apartment of Eri.

"Okaeri." Eri responded as she remained seated on her position at the living room couch. "Why are you so late today, Risa?" Eri asked.

Risa ignored Eri's question that was directed to her and proceeded straight back to Eri's study room.

"Risa?" Eri called out again, hoping to catch Risa's attention. But all she got for response was the loud bang of the closing door of the study room.

'What had happened again?' Eri thought deeply as she furrowed her eyebrows, analysing the current situation of her best friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah~" Risa let out a soft cry as flopped down on the bed, letting out a deep sigh in the process. She closed her eyes, allowing the fresh memory to play in her mind. 'I had so much to tell her previously, yet when it was just the both of us in her room, nothing could come out. What is wrong with you, Risa? What were you going to tell her anyway? That you may had like her? Was that what you want to tell her, Risa?'

Looking at the gloves that Ai had gave her earlier on, tears started to form. 'Her existence, her appearance in my life is just like this glove. She warmed my heart just the way the glove had warmed my hands. I never thought I will feel this way again. Not after Sayumi. Why is that so? I never really got to know her. She's like a mystery, to both Eri and I.' Removing the gloves off her hands, she brought them close to her heart. 'Why is she able to do this to me?  Will she be able to feel for this heart of mine? Or . . .would she be like . . . '

"Risa" Eri called out gently from the other side of the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yes" Risa answered restlessly, while tightening the grip on the gloves she was holding on to.

Eri opened the door slowly and slipped in swiftly, closing the door in the process as well. "Are you alright, Risa?" Silence was the response she got from Risa. "Why are you back so late? Did something happened at training today again?" Once again, silence was what she managed to get from Risa. "Did you got a new glove? I haven't seen you wearing that. Or should I say, you never had the habit to wear gloves, even during winter." Eri asked when she saw Risa clutching the gloves tightly to herself. Risa, as usual, was still staring out into space, ignoring Eri of her questions.

Eri settled down beside Risa on the bed, not continuing with her questions to Risa. Instead, she just sat beside Risa, waiting for the right moment where Risa is ready to talk to her.

"I did what you asked me to do." Risa spoke up unexpectedly after a few minutes of silence.

"You did what I had asked you to do?" Eri repeated the statement Risa had just mentioned, not getting a clue what Risa was talking about. "What did I asked you to do?" Eri asked back.

"To face my distraction." Risa answered straight to the fact. "I went to wait for her at her workplace today."

"Ai-san?" The topic on Ai had gotten the best attention of Eri. "You saw her? Have you talked to her?"

"I saw her. No, I didn't talked to her." Risa answered, still in the daze state as she was since Eri had entered the room.

Eri furrowed her eyebrow. "What do you mean? How can you not talk to her when you have met her, Risa?"

"It was cold. She brought me to her house. Made me tea. I walked out of her house. " Risa answered fragmentally, summarising the details in four short sentences.

"Yes it was cold. So the gloves belongs to Ai-san?" Eri analysed while Risa nodded her head. "So she brought you back to her home and made you tea to keep you warm." Risa nodded her head. "After that, you walked out of her house." Eri continued while Risa nodded her head again. "Wait." The fact that Risa walked out of Ai's house finally settled in Eri. "YOU WALKED OUT?" Eri retorted in utter shock."WHY? Didn't I asked you to face your distraction? And . . . She . . . "

"I . . . I don't know what to say. I can't explain why is there a need to see her. I can't understand why am I acting in this way. I can't understand why is there a need to make her smile. I can't understand why her tears hurt my heart so much. I can't understand why is there a need to understand her more. I can't understand why I am distracted by the fact that she's hurting and I do not know the reason why is she hurting, Eri. I can't even understand my own self. I can't even understand what I want. I can't even remember my childhood days. What do you want me to do? I'm not you, I'm not a psychologist. Why am I not one? Why can’t I help her from her suffering. Why is that so, Eri, WHY?" Risa finally snapped out from her daze and began battling Eri with tons of questions that had been filling her mind ever since the shocking episode they experience with Ai.

"Risa . . ." Eri, feeling sympathetic about the sudden outburst. She understood how the poor girl had felt. To them, Takahashi Ai is a pure mystery. It was unexplainable, how this 22 year old had impacted their life. To Eri, Ai is her first patient. Having a patient of the same age just pulled her out of the desire of just maintaining a psychologist-client relationship. She had truly wanted to help the girl. But up till now, Ai had been playing a game of tug-of-war with her. Every time when she thought she had gotten to know her slightly better, she was once again throw out of the situation. And most importantly, Ai had created a big change in Risa in just a week. Though Risa did not tell her anything about the things the two of them did together, she could see a change Risa's actions and behaviour. 'I wonder why . . . . . . What can I do?' Eri placed a comforting hand on Risa's shoulder.

"Risa . . . A psychologist is not a superhuman. There are so many things people thought we could do, but the fact is that we could no. Rounding up into simple words, we are just a group of helpless normal human beings, Risa. Psychologist is just a term to give normal people a reason to not to show care and concern to people who needs them, a reason to listen to the needs of the ones in needs. Weren't I in the same situation as you? I am as helpless as you. I felt so incompetent as her psychologist, after knowing that there's something killing her slowly inside, but yet there's nothing I can do to help her? And too, in some sense, I do feel that she's more opened up to you as compared to me. Doesn't that makes me even as incompetent, Risa?" Eri reasoned softly, allowing Risa to understand the stress and uncertainty she was facing each day with Ai, with her patients.

"Eri . . . " Risa called out softly, feeling sympathetic that Eri was also confused and stressed up at the current situation.

"The clients we deal with, they are not normal people we see on the streets, Risa. The time they need to recover from their hurt, is way more than any of us can imagine. So may take a few days, some a few months or even decades. We can't rush on them, Risa. The more we pressed in, the more they push us out. I know how you felt, Risa. I know. These helplessness, the desire to help her." Eri continued, preventing Risa from continuing what she had intended to console Eri. "First thing first, let your mind be sure what are you looking for. Be sure and truthful about your feelings you had. I will leave you to clear your mind up. Then we will decide what to do next." Eri finished as she messed up Risa's bangs. "Focus on your competition first. I don't want you to have any regrets." And with that, Eri left the study room, leaving Risa sitting alone on her bed.

Eri laid in her own bed, with her eyes focused on the pure white ceiling above. 'I should do something. . . This is no longer an issue of work. Risa is now involved. To be tied between professionalism and personal life . . . I never thought this would occurred to me.' Eri sighed deeply once again. 'She missed her previous session, indicating the idea of avoiding me. She stopped contacting Risa - something they had been doing for 3 weeks - indicates the intention to avoid Risa as well. Could it be because of the hysterical fits she went into that day? How did she obtained the tranquilizers? She would need a doctor prescription for that. But there was no record that she had any visitation to the psychiatrist. She was quite against the idea of visiting a psychiatrist.' Eri continued to analyse the current situation. 'I need to talk to her soon . . . Especially after Risa walked out of her house. . . '

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:58:31 AM by caiyunki »

Offline gab98

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I love my Takitto XD!
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 9 - 20/4]
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 05:48:56 AM »
FIRST!! juju well...

I think this is my first post for your fic :huhuh ... or forget it XD
anyway, I read this recently and honestly  :yep: I like your fic  :wub: , the character of Ai-chan is a beautiful person and has a lot of mystery , her past certainly is very intriguing and Risa aww I can say that I love her ?  :inlove:  hahaha

more chapters please!  :thumbup O0

Takitty Blog: http://takkity.blogspot.com/
Blog de fan fics en español http://gab98fanfics.blogspot.com/

follow me @Lovely_Takitty :)

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Defeated by Aichan..Forever Lovely Aichan..<3
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 07:12:08 AM »
now i wonder if Eri still can be professional in her job..especially when it's becoming like her personal problem too cause of Gakisan..just hope that Eri professional wont goes wrong and make more tragedy to Ai .. :nervous

Aichan is a poor character here..especially when she said "'Loneliness is your best friend, Ai. Now and forever." it's just very :cry: :(
she misunderstand Gakisan action.. :cry: most likely i think Ai will continue to hide from both of them

cant wait for the next chp  :twothumbs

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2011, 07:36:38 AM »
Wow...Gaki-san... She told Ai-chan she missed her, came to her house, drank some tea, a moment of silence, and left. Really, now?? It's sad :(, but kinda...eh..funny...in a way. :roll: It's just soo awkward.

Why is Ai-chan so against letting anyone know about her past? :O Perhaps, if "someone" can get close enough to her, then maybe she can let it out..? :roll: Or maybe Eri and Risa will find out in a different way. Involving two certain parents..  :wth

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
Ah Gaki how could you just leave, that made it worse you fool, darn you and your confused heart......  :cry:

Gaki is so confused at the moment, I wonder perhapsd some sort of subconcious feeling about her past with Ai, what happened when they were kids, though Gaki does not remeber...

Seems as though Eri knows the danage Risa may of caused by just leaving Ai, lets hope she can talk to Ai soon....

Offline eruchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »
Gaki-san, why did you just leave like that  :doh:
so... Ai has been avoiding both of them for sometime now, and Risa leaving like that makes it worse...
how's Eri going to approach Ai now...

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
  • I'll do anything for your smile Risa!
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »
Oops my mistake  :lol: I didn't really mean that Gaki has done something wrong, more like she didn't know what made Ai to be so upset.
I feel sorry for both of them, they obviously like each other so they should get together :cry:
Anyway I liked this chappie much, thank you for it  :bow:

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 08:00:02 PM »
Oh no, Risa's insecurities about her broken heart have made her make Ai question their friendship! Go Eri! Talk to Ai! Set things right!

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 01:53:26 AM »
@gab88 : Hello!! Thanks for reading . . . :)

@alwaysYou : Well . . . for Eri . . . hmmm i should say . . . just keep on reading :X

@kano-chan : I know right?! When i was writing that part, i was like . . 'this is definitely weird and unbelievable' . . . About Ai not letting people knowing her past, probably because of shame? and insecurities? About the latter . . hahahah. . . :X

@oddball : nope . . Risa had zero memories of what happened to her before 5 which means . . . and yes, Eri's gonna speak to Ai soon . . .:)

@eruchan : Well well . . .. RISA >.< BAKA . . . she just had to act before she thinks - which leads to the misunderstandings . . .

@Bamtai : You are welcome ^.^  Risa will make it up anyway . . . in the future chapters :)

@rndmnwierd : YES. it's her broken heart. . .:(

Next chappie . . . .Maybe a little confusing to read . . . so yeah . . . (a trial on new way of writing.) hahahah

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 10] - Wish Upon a Star

{Mama . . . Why can't I go to school?} Ai wrote on her given drawing board and showed it to her mother, who was sitting at the dining table, looking through stacks of papers.

"Ai-chan. . " The lady brushed Ai's fringe to the side and pulled Ai to her lap. "Papa says it's better for you be home schooled"  The lady mumbled softly, placing a gentle kiss on Ai's forehead.

Ai nodded her head softly at her mother's explanation. {Is Papa coming back today to join us at the dinner table?} Ai continued writing on the next page of the paper, with the lady reading along by as she wrote.

"Ai-chan, Papa's out of town this week. He won't be joining us for the whole of this week. Didn't I explain that to you yesterday?" The lady continued gently, running her fingers through the long ends of Ai's hair.

{But Ai hasn't seen Papa for a long time . . . Ai missed Papa . . .}

'Papa hates you, Ai, didn't you get it? Because you can't talk. Papa despised you. Haven't you realised that? Not only that. You're a timeless bomb. . . . No one should be near you. . . '

'No . . .You're lying to me . . . No . . . '

Waking up in the usual way, Ai wiped away the tears that had rolled off her cheeks had made their way to her neck. She got off her bed and straddled towards the small window, exposing the beautiful night sky to her eyes. 'Stars. . . Even Stars had their beautiful endings. Will I be able to have a beautiful ending as well . . . The sky is just like what it was on that day . . .' Ai thought in her mind, allowing her memory to bring her back to that day, the day before her first day of work at the new workplace.

It was 316 am in the morning, and Risa was still not asleep. She stood by the glass window of the study room, allowing the bridge of her nose to come in contact to the cool surface. 'Why do the stars shine so brightly in the night sky. . . '

'Autumn nights are torturing nights for me. . . ' Risa thought as she zipped up the jacket she was wearing, leaning against the fences of the backyard for support. 'It has been ages ever since I had so much fun playing . . . How I wish I had never grown up. . . ' Risa continued in her mind. 'There's lesser things worry about when I was young. . . '

Ai walked out of the cottage and into the backyard, towards the direction where Risa stood, spacing out. Ai tapped lightly on Risa's shoulder, bringing Risa out of her world of thoughts.

"The children had all slept ?" Risa asked softly.

Ai nodded her head at the question and took out her phone - the way she communicates with Risa - and typed swiftly in it. {Sorry for holding you back till so late. I never knew Baa-chan would asked us to stay for the campfire night.}

"Nah. It’s alright. I'm glad that I'd came and stayed for the campfire. It has been ages ever since I'd enjoy myself so much. It's a good healing way before the training for second audition starts tomorrow. The smile of the children. . . If that is what I can give . . . I will give. . . "  Risa replied with her gaze fixed on the starlit night sky.

'If I am able to it, I would too, want to bring that smile to your face, Ai-san.'

"The stars are gorgeous." Risa continued speaking, causing Ai to shift her attention to the sky Risa was watching. "I love the stars." Risa finished with a wide grin on her face.

Ai nodded her head lightly at the statement Risa made. It was indeed true that the stars were gorgeous. Ai turned to face Risa, watching the dazzling smile across Risa's face. 'Why is she always smiling so fervently? Her smile is so contagious that I could no longer conceal mine to her, to the rest of the world.'

'Why is it that the stars remind me of your perfect smile, Risa-san? It's like you have became part of the stars in the sky, shining brightly, guiding the way home to the lost.'

Risa shifted her attention away from the sky and turned towards the direction where Ai was, only to catch glimpse of the unguarded stare that Ai had on her. When Ai realised Risa had turned towards her, she turned away and shifted her attention to the sky, pretending nothing as such had happened.

"Is there anything on my face?" Risa asked as she ran her icy cold hands across her face.

Ai shook her head, refusing to make any eye contact with Risa.

"Then why were you staring at me?" Risa continued asking softly.

Ai had her attention back to her phone and began typing in it. {I was just wondering, what's so special about the stars that make you loving them. It's a stupid question, isn't it? You don't have to answer if you do not want to.} With that, Ai passed her phone over to Risa and went back to have her gaze fixed on the sky.

"Since I was young, my mama always brings me out to the beach and watch the stars. Even though they are so far away from us, they are always visible to us. Isn't that incredible? Even though they are small, even though they are light years away, they are always shining so brightly. Even though there would be this day where they will burn out, they still continue to shine brightly, lighting up the night sky. They had given courage to lots of people and when they burnt out, they left their very last breath of life, to all people a wish of hope. It's just . . . an amazing existence, the stars." Risa explained.

'And how I wish . . . Ai-san, that I can be like the star in your life, giving you courage, and even hope of life. '

Taking her phone back from Risa, Ai typed, {That's a cute reason for you to like the stars, Risa-san}

Risa blushed at the compliment that Ai had gave. 'Can this be considered the first compliment you have gave about my individual self?' Risa thought silently in her mind. 'WAIT A MINUTE, why are you even blushing, Niigaki Risa?'

An elbow nudging on her forearm had brought Risa back from her seas of thoughts. Ai, once again, passed her phone to Risa.

{What's in your mind? When are you so red? Are you feeling cold? Do you wanna to get back indoors?}

"Hmm hmm." Risa responded and shook her head. "I wasn't thinking about anything. Nope, it's not because I'm feeling cold. . . perhaps it's because I'm thin skinned?" Risa ended with a huge laughter, laughing at her own joke.

'She is indeed interesting. . . ' Ai thought as she continued to stare at Risa. No longer being able to hold back her own laughter, Ai allowed a tiny smile to run across her own face. 'She's always able to make me smile, even though I do not want to. I'm trying to hide my true self from the whole world, yet she's always breaking my revelation.  Can I trust her wholeheartedly?'

'And I thought I could really trust her wholeheartedly. Can I?' Ai thought deeply as she leaned her face towards the cold metal of the window. 'No, Ai, remember, she walked out of your house.' A taunting voice came sounding in her mind, reminding her about the incident that had happen just not too long ago. 'She walked out of the door. . . just like the way they did, Ai. Can you bring your heart to trust such person? ' Ai shook her head sadly at the question raised in her head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Is there anyone on this earth where one could trust wholeheartedly, without the fear of being rejected again? I was rejected, betrayed by my own blood parents, of the love and care they should have gave me. Can someone so normal understand the pain behind all this?' Ai thought as she glanced at Risa, admiring her unguarded smile. 'Maybe . . . '

'No you can't Ai. There's no one on this living earth you can trust. You are always be alone. Now and Forever. Didn't you decided on this since the day they left. Why are you so eagerly looking for someone you can trust?'

Risa turned to face Ai, only to catch her smiling at her. Not asking any questions, their eyes met, and another wide grin began to run across their face.

{Let's get moving. If not we are going to miss the last train back to the city, Risa-san.}

Risa nodded her head at the suggestion. Ai took the first step, with Risa following closely behind Ai.

'There's so much things about her that I don't know . . . Yet I wonder why, why do I feel the urge to protect her? I want to help her. Would you allow me . . . if I do so, Ai-san? '

Eri knocked against the familiar door lightly, and stood there outside, waiting patiently for the approval of entry by the owner of the room.

"Come in."

"Sorry for interrupting." Eri called out softly as she turned the knob and entered the room.

"Ah, Kamei-san, it's you?"

"Nakazawa-san, am I interrupting you? I have some issues to enquire with you." Eri asked politely as Yuko sat professionally behind her desk.

"Nope, you are not interrupting anything. I do not have any client for the upcoming hour." Yuko replied as she directed Eri to the sit infront of her desk. "What is it that you would like to enquire about, Kamei-san?"

"It's about Takahashi-san." Eri answered with a serious tone.

"Ai-chan?" Yuko repeated. "What about Ai-chan do you want to know?"

"Do you by any chance know whether Takahashi-san visits a psychiatrist?" Eri continued asking.

"No. I don't think so. I have proposed to her a few times about visiting a psychiatrist for drug treatment for her condition, but she had rejected the proposition about. She seemed to be quite disturbed by the fact of visiting a psychiatrist. I think I have recorded down all these in the profile, haven't you read them?" Yuko answered while giving a stern stare at Eri.

"Yes, I've read them. I just want to double confirm with you personally, Nakazawa-san." Eri replied.

"Why is that so, Kamei-san?"

"I found out that Takahashi-san had access to tranquiliser that requires a psychiatrist prescription. So I wondered if Takahashi-san was or is visiting one." Eri explained.

"Tranquiliser?" Yuko mumbled softly as she furrowed her eyebrow.

Seeing that Yuko was in her deep thoughts about Ai using tranquiliser, Eri decided to leave the room, in preparation of escaping Yuko's demand for the reason why Ai is using tranquiliser.

"Nakazawa-san, thank you for your help anyway. I'll leave now in preparation for the next client. I will do my best to help Takahashi-san. Please excuse me." With that, Eri bowed and exited Yuko's office.

'Just as what I expected, Nakazawa-san knew nothing about Ai-san's mental instability. Nakazawa-san has always been treating Ai-san like her little sister. I guess, Ai-san would not want Nakazawa-san to know about this and be more worried about her even more. Unless Nakazawa demands from me, there's no way I let it out to her. . . Let this be a decision made in respect to Ai-san's decision. . . . . .  I need to speak to Ai-san . . . ' Eri thought in her mind as she closed the door to Yuko's office.

"Fujimoto-san" Eri called out as she paced herself towards the reception table. "Can I have Takahashi Ai-san's address? I'm going over for a visitation."

"Hiroki-san" Risa stood before the vocal trainer of the competition and called out.

"Yes, Niigaki-san? Is there anything that you need from me. I'm hoped that you have reflected on yourself about your performance for the past few days. I'd talked to the management about your issue and they said you should deserve another chance. If you are still not performing up to standards, you are out of this competition. I would not be able to help you anymore as well." Hiroki asked and continued with his 'lecture' to Risa.

"Wakarimashita. Arigatou gozaimasu." Risa replied as she bowed. "Hiroki-san, I have a request regarding on the competition song that I will sing next week." Risa brought up the request, which she had been working on it since early in the morning, where she couldn't fall asleep due to the fuzzy recurring memories in her mind.

"And that is?" Hiroki questioned, bring Risa's topic closer to the point.

"I would like to sing a song from myself." Risa finished.

"From yourself?"

"Yupp. A song that I've written." Risa answered.

"Do you know that singing a song that the adjudicator or the audience are unknown of will reduce your chance of winning the competition? Are you sure that you wanna to that?" Hiroki explained the possible outcome that may come about to Risa.

"I'm not concern about whether or not will I win the competition. I just want to sing that song." Risa finished with determination. 'I will sing for her. . . Even if I am to lose the competition, I will sing for her.' Risa thought in her mind.

"If you insist, I would not force you not to sing then. Pass me the song so that I can help you to make up the instrumental, Niigaki-san."

"Arigatou gozaimashita!" Risa shouted out, expressing her gratitude as she passed over the papers she had worked on earlier one.

'This is for you, Ai-san. . . '

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How was it? Did I managed to confused any of you? If I do, do inform me, and I will try my best to explain :) Ja~~
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:01:15 AM by caiyunki »

Offline black_inu09

Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 10 - 21/4]
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 03:20:48 AM »
Keep writing! Keep writing! Keep writing!!!  :bow: I like how you make the story~! It's fresh and enjoyable to read! I can also relate with it!

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 03:58:56 AM »
Oh! That last part is like Kokoro no Uta! :w00t: Gaki-san writing a song for Ai-chan! :wub: :wub:

This is bad.. When Risa left the other day, it reminded Ai-chan of her past which caused her not to be able to trust Risa too much. :O Ai-chan's feelings might get held back by this. :( That is....unless Risa confesses to Ai-chan. :heart:

Good, Kame found out that Ai-chan had been hiding many things... :yep: Maybe she can come up with something to help. :roll:

Nice Chapter~ :twothumbs

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011, 08:42:53 AM »
Ah, Risa that's a sweet gesture, but would Ai know? Wold she be able to hear the song? Or is Risa just singing it for herself?

Will Eri visit Ai at her home, since Ai seems so intent on avoiding everyone now?

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »

[Chapter 11 - The Confrontation, or Not ]

"Fujimoto-san, do I have anymore appointments after Kurihara-san?" Eri spoke through the intercom.

"No, Kurihara-san is currently your last appointment for today." Miki replied.

"Great. Can you keep the rest of day free for me. I'm gonna leave the office early today." Eri requested.

"Okay. Noted."

"Thank you so much, Fujimoto-san." Eri finished the conversation and hanged up the intercom.

'Another day had passed again.' Ai thought in her mind as she entered the elevator of her apartment complex. 'I'd made so much mistake today. What is wrong with me today.' Ai continued to question herself as she reflected how her day had went by.

'It's okay to make mistake, Ai-san. All human being makes mistakes, don't we?' The voice of Risa lingered in her mind. That was what Risa had told her just around two weeks ago, when she made her first mistake at work on her second day of work. 'Stop thinking about her anymore, Ai. Don't do that anymore. . . ' Ai thought sadly in her mind. Pushing the thoughts away, Ai reached into her bag and search for her house keys upon arrival at her level.

As she closed into nearer her apartment, she notice a figure sitting on the floor, leaning against the door. 'Eri-san? Why is she here?'

Eri looked up and stood up as she heard the rattling of the metal keys closed in. "Ai-san, you're back! Sorry for sudden visitation."

(No, it's alright.)Ai signed slowly, with slight fear within her heart. She was not prepared to meet Eri or talk to Eri, knowing that Eri will question her about what happened to her that night.

"How have you been these few days, Ai-san?" Eri tried to start the conversation normally as Ai unlocked the door to her apartment.

(Okay I guess?) Ai signed awkwardly as she moved aside to allow Eri to enter her apartment first.

"Ah, Arigatou gozaimashita." Eri thanked as Ai stood aside. "Shiretteshimashita." Eri called out as she stepped into Ai's apartment, removing her shoes in the process as well.

(Nah. You are not.) Ai continued as she moved her hand towards the switch swiftly, switching on the lights to illuminate the dark room. (I'll get you some drinks.) With that, Ai left Eri alone at the doorway as she slipped into the kitchen area, doing the same things that she had done when Risa was here the previous night.

Whereas for Eri, she made her way slowly through the walkway from the door to the sitting area, glancing around the apartment, particularly the very few pictures that were displayed along the cupboard along the way. 'Ah . . . That's Asami-san' Eri noted in her mind as she recognised the other girl in the two shot. Then there was another three shot with Ai, Asami and another girl Eri did not recognised. The third one in line was Ai with a middle aged women while the last was Ai with a little girl. At the other end of the table top that holds the photo frames was the violet box. 'She took it back with her?' Kamei thought silently in her mind.

She then allow herself to proceed to the sofa and settled herself on it. Her eyes wondered around the room, hoping that she would understand a little bit more about Ai through the way she decorates her living space. 'It seems like the clocks she had are all digital clocks.' Eri observed as she saw one right above the main door while the other at her bedside. 'The watch that Risa got for her, it was an analogue, wasn't it? Something terrible from young from the sound of the clock had result in her current situation?' Eri was all lost in her own thoughts. The sound of the glass touching the wooden surface brought Eri back from her world of thoughts.

"Thanks." Eri responded as she picked up the warm cup and brought it to her lips.

(You're welcome) Ai signed awkwardly as she sat back at the same position, beside the Art book that was on the wooden table. (How did you know my address, Eri-san) Ai continued slowly and cautiously.

"It was written in your records. I had asked Fujimoto-san for it." Eri answered with a slight smile on her face.

Ai nodded her head lightly at the answer given.

Silence fell into the space, with Ai focusing on the tiled flooring of her apartment, and Eri watching at Ai.

Ai looked up suddenly, shocking Eri. (Is there anything that you wanna to ask me? If yes, just ask. Don't have to keep silent. You don't have to.)

"Yes Ai-san, I have ten thousand questions in my mind right now to ask you, but would you answer every of them?" Eri countered, looking straight into Ai's eyes, in eager that she would receive a real genuine answer through her eyes. Ai looked away immediately, breaking the eye contact Eri was trying to maintain.

Silence fell in once again. Eri, in desperation, placed the cup she was holding on onto the floor and leaned forward, grabbing Ai's hands in her grip.

"Ai-san, both Risa and I had really, truly, from the deepest of our heart, want to help you. Will you allow us to help you?" Eri asked passionately, hoping that Ai would be able to sense the sincerity she had.

'No. Ai. It doesn’t really matters anymore. Whether or not you can speak, it's not gonna change the fact that they had abandoned you, Ai. Even if you could speak now, they are not going to come back for you. No they will not.' Ai had her eyes closed, refusing to make any eye contact with Eri. She started to wriggle her hand, trying to had her hands off Eri's grip.

(You don't have to, Eri-san. I'm fine living alone. I'm fine with not being able to talk. I'm fine with not receiving any help. You really do not have to do it. ) Ai signed, after successful had her hands wriggled out of Eri's grip. 'Let's go . . . ' The voice from her dreams started ringing in her mind once again.

Eri looked dubiously at Ai, confused about her sudden confrontation.

(It doesn't matters to me anymore, whether am I be able to speak anymore. Not anymore. It’s not going to change what had happened in the past. Impossible.) Ai continued as she fought against her tears from forming. 'They are not coming back anymore. Not anymore.'

"You would feel better if you share it out, Ai-san. Rather than keeping everything inside yourself, why not tell me, or even Risa, so that we can share it with you, whatever that is hurting you inside." Eri advised as she stood up from the seat and moved closer to the wooden coffee table, closing the distance between them.

'Mama . . .Papa . . . '

"Bye Bye, Ai-chan! Enjoy your day in school!" The gentle voice sounded as she let go of the hands of little Ai.

'I'm scared . . . . Mama. . . I'm scared . . .'

Ai felt her hands began to tremble. 'Not now, Ai, not again.' Sensing Eri's close distance from her, Ai hid her hands behind her back, trying to prevent Eri from seeing her trembling hands.

Ai got up from the table and went into the kitchen where her handbag was. Pulling the sachet that contain the white pills, Ai took 3 pills and placed it in her palm. Before she could  popped it into her mouth, Eri grabbed her trembling hand firmly.

"Why are you taking so many of them. What was the actual prescription of dosage given to you, Ai-san?" Eri asked as she removed the sachet and pills from Ai.

Bitting on her upper lips, Ai looked away from Eri, refusing to make any eye contact with Eri.

"These tranquilisers are not obtainable over the counters at the pharmacy, Ai-san." Eri's voice had turn serious.

Ai continued to look away from Eri despite Eri's pleading eyes for Ai to look in her direction.

"You are not visiting a psychiatrist, aren't you? How did you get them, Ai-san." Eri continued, with her voice turning a little softer this time round.

Ai closed her eyes as she heard Eri's voice turning into desperation. Her hands are still trembling, slightly more vigorously as compared to moments before.

"Ai-san. . ." Eri called out as she tighten the grip on Ai's hands.

Ai tried to loosen the grip and broke free of Eri's contact. (I know what you want to say. I know what these tranquilisers do. ) Ai signed with her trembling hands.

"Then why? And how did you get your hands on them?" Eri continued asking.

(You don't have to know, Eri-san. It's better for you to not know anymore things about me, Eri-san. Stop getting near me. It's not going to work at all.) With that, Ai took back the tranquiliser back from Eri and dragged Eri back to the main entrance. (See . . . I thank you for your concern but you shouldn't continue to do it end more. I'm just a bottomless pit, the more you care, the more you fall and I am still as such. No point, Eri-san.) With that, Ai closed the door on Eri.

"Wait a minute, Ai-san!" Eri called out as she bang loudly on the door. "Ai-san?!" Eri shouted the second time when she got no response from Ai. Eri knocked against the door once again. "Ai-san?" Eri called out desperately once again. Receiving no response by the house owner, Eri allow herself to slip down at the door step. 'What had happened just now? She wasn't like this before. Not before that time at my house.'

'What had I done?' Ai asked herself mentally, realising what she had just done, and had dropped down onto the floor. 'Did I just push her out of my house? Since when do you do these kind of stuffs, Takahashi Ai?' Ai continued questioning her mental state, with her fingers running through her hair , ruffling them and pulling them from time to time. 'Ai, you are such a unwanted person on earth, do you realise? You are not contributing to anything, and you had caused so much trouble for everyone, for Nakazawa-san, for Abe-san, for Asami-chan, for Eri-san, for Risa-san. You are nothing but trouble, haven't you realised?' Ai continued in her mind, breaking into a silent cry, with tears flowing endlessly down her cheeks.

Seizure had came attacking on her. Heaving deep breaths before each tear drop that had fell, Ai slowly crawled her way to the kitchen and forced the pills down her throat.

"Eri?" Risa knocked against the bedroom door of Eri as she called out. Receiving no response by the owner, Risa, at her own discrete, opened the bedroom door, only to be welcome by the darkness. "Eri?" Flicking the switch on, the room was then illuminated and emptiness was registered in Risa's mind. 'Eri's not back home yet?' Risa questioned in her mind. Switching the lights off, Risa exited the room. [i['Where had Eri gone? That's usual of her to be back so late. . . Not to mention that she had missed the new series of lessons for advance course.' [/i]

Crossing across the living room and back into the study room, Risa placed the books and notes she was holding on her hand on the study table before sloping down on the chair. She had left the room door open, such that she would be able to catch Eri's return. Retrieving her MD player from her back, she popped in the demo disc of the instrumental Hiroki made for her and began to listen to it on repeat through her headphone. Humming the tune softly, until the part where like the most, she began to whisper out the words that she liked the most.

kimi ga kakaeteru kanashimi o
boku wa doredake nugueru kana
meni wa mienai sono kizuato ga
itsuno hi ga
kieru you ni to negauyo

(Will I be the only one to be able to wipe away
the sorrow the you held in your hand
And I really wish that
those invisible scars of yours
will disappear someday)

'Nee, Do you know that, my heart is also hurting, by the fact that you're hurting inside, Ai-san' Risa thought sadly in her mind, as she allow the crystal from her eye to slide down her face.

Sliding the key into the keyhole, Eri turned to unlocked the main door of her house. "Tadaima" She managed to whisper from her tiredness. After waiting outside Ai's apartment for an hour without any response from the former girl, Eri had decided to head home, with the intention to visit her once again, where the former is more open to her visitation.

From her position at the doorway, she noticed Risa was sitting at her study table, dazing into the space with the headphones in her ears. 'Is she alright?' Eri thought. Letting a deep sigh to express her fatigue, she had decided to let Risa to be, deciding that Risa may want some time alone. She too needed some time alone, to think about what had happened just now as well.

Taking light steps to prevent making loud sounds when moving, Eri managed to sneak back into her room without Risa's acknowledgement. 'What happened to Ai-san? She's a little bit offensive today.' Eri thought as slopped her tired self on her comfy couch, with her eyes closed.

'I'm fine with not being able to talk, Eri-san' Remembering the sign Ai signed, Eri, once again let off another desperate sigh. 'What made her said that? If she's fine with not being to talk, why is she still visiting Nakazawa-san till this day? Has she gotten herself into a state of self-destruction? I hope not . . . And Risa . . . And the tranquilisers, that's another issue to worry about.' Deciding that it was time for her to wash up and do some following up of the incident today, Eri opened her eyes, only to be welcomed by a familiar face.

"Ah!" Eri screamed out at the top of her voice when she realised Risa was sticking her face towards her own. Pushing Risa away from her, she continued, "What are trying to do, scaring death out of me?"

"Hmm hmm" Risa replied as she shook her head. "How did you get in without me knowing? I even kept my door so that I will be able to notice you coming back." Risa continued with a slight pout on her face.

"I have my own ways to." Eri answered. "So, what are doing here in my room?"

"I wanna to pass you these." Risa pointed out, as she place what she was holding in her hands into Eri's. "It's the ticket and backstage pass for the competition this Sunday. You're coming right?"

"Why would I missed it? It's the day where my best friend is going to have her dreams come through. No way I'm gonna missed it." Eri stated as excitedly as she could, though tiredness could still be noted in her voice. "So . . . Feeling better already? You are just 4 days away from the competition." Eri continued.

"Slightly, hopefully. My actions yesterday . . . Do you think it would affect Ai-san situation? I - really didn't meant to walk out just like that. But . . . I should apologise to her, right?" Risa continued.

But all received for response was a playful shove in the head by Eri. "Didn't I say that you shouldn't be too worried about this now? Of course I knew you meant nothing by walking out, you're just confused inside. About whether Ai-san is affected by it, it's not your thing to worry about it now."

"But . . ."

"As for now, focus on your competition. We can work things out after that, okay?" Eri finished, shoving Risa's head to the side once again. 'Don't agitate Ai-san anymore. She seems really emotionally unstable today.'

'I should still apologise to her first.' Looking at Eri, Risa could not help but to just notice the tiredness of Eri from her eyes. "Did something happened today? You looked really tired and upset. You even missed the advance lessons for sign language today."

"OH! I totally forgot!" Eri exclaimed at the mention of their lesson.

"Are you really okay?" Risa asked caringly.

"Yes. Just had a long day from work today. Something important had crept up that the lesson had slipped out of mind." Eri assured.

"You sure?"

"Yes." Eri finalised.

"I shall not disturb you then. Rest early, Eri. Sweet dreams!" Risa finished as she stood up and exited Eri's room. 'Sweet dreams? That was what I always told Ai-san when we finish out messaging session.' Risa could not help it but to remember the days where the two were fervently messaging each other each night. 'I kind of miss that.'

Making her way back to the study room, Risa took out her phone and began to work on her message.

{I'm sorry. about last night. I didn't mean to walk out. Sorry, Ai-san - Risa}

Mustering the courage that she needs, Risa finally pressed the send button. 'I should rest early too. Tomorrow is a long day ahead, Vocal training, contract explanation and vocal training again. . .'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy your Easter weekend! :)

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: Because of You : Breaking the silence [Chapter 11 - 22/4]
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 08:16:35 AM »
NO! Ai-chan had given up the hope to speak! :cry: Is Ai-chan coming to the competition? :roll: It IS a song for her.. :heart:

Would it make a difference if Risa didn't walk out on her? :? I wonder how they'll get things together with Ai-chan avoiding them and every personal-ish questions thrown at her. This is getting really difficult. ;)

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »
I think I've missed to comment for the past 3 days, haven't I? :nervous
But now I want to know how the bean and turtle will do for give Ai-chan a hope to speak
So, I'll wait for the next chap :)

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 02:41:08 PM »
OMG you update so fast...  XD

wow Eri confrontation with Ai! too bad it didn't work out so well... Aichan is really fighting with herself there, isn't she?  so sad... T_T

Oh! That last part is like Kokoro no Uta! :w00t: Gaki-san writing a song for Ai-chan! :wub: :wub:
LOL I was like, "kano-chan you remember a lot..."  XD

can't wait for more!  :D

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 02:52:38 AM »
@ kano-chan : Hmmm. It would made a slight difference if Risa had spoke instead of walking out at that time. Cos to Ai, being walked out is a sign of rejection, a sign of betrayal, and something that had been eating her up. :)

@Shiawase_Honoo : Hehe. It's alright :) Do enjoy the next few chapters and the long weekend :)

@SarangAi : Eh . . . I'm gonna to reduce my speed soon, as my uni is starting soon again from next weeks onwards, and with tons of assignments and final exams coming up soon, i'm gonna put in less time in writing :( But i will want to finish this story asap. The longer i want, the easier it is for me to lose will to write it. And that's the reason why am I updating every other day. This is to keep myself writing. Hahah. Yes, and SORRY. It's not by any intention that it sounds like Kokoro no Uta. :X it just yeah. . . hmmm. . . i had the idea even before i read the story. so :) hehe *awkward*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 12 - Not by Intention]

'Who are you . . . Why are you looking at me with that expression. . . with that eyes of yours. . .'

Ai opened her eyes, only to find herself lying on the floor of the kitchen. 'What am I doing here?' Holding onto the kitchen counter, Ai manage to herself off the kitchen floor and back on her feet.

As she discover the tranquiliser pills lying on her countertop, she then realised, 'Did I had my seizure again last night?' Closing her eyes, Ai forced herself to remember what had happened last night. 'It seems like so that that happened.' Packing the sachet back into her handbag, she proceeded back to the main living area and placed the bag onto the sofa.

"Good, Niigaki-san. You are performing very well today. Just need to take note the parts where you need to raise half a key."

"Hai! Wakarimashita!"

"We will continued the lessons later after the meeting at the label company. Would you please wait at the waiting room with the others while the last girl finishes?"

"Hai!"

With that, Risa exited the training room and headed towards the waiting room, where the rest of the contestants were waiting.

"Good morning, Kamei-san." Fujimoto greeted as she stepped into the center.

"Good morning to you too, Fujimoto-san." Eri returned the greetings before heading towards her office. Before she could enter the room, Miki stopped her.

"Ah, Kamei-san" Miki called out, causing Eri to turn back to face Miki.

"Yes? Is there any matters that I can help you?" Eri asked politely.

"Nakazawa-san had asked for you in her room the first thing in the morning." Miki explained.

"Ah- Wakarimashita. Thank you for informing. I will place my stuffs in my office first, before proceeding to her room." Eri finished. [i'Ah- that's the last thing I wanna to do. Oh please, let her not ask me questions on Ai-san.'[/i]

"Takahashi-san?" A voice called out.

Ai looked up from the work she was doing and turned to the direction of the call.

"Iida-san asked for you in her room."

Ai nodded her head in acknowledgement. Putting down the file that she was working on, she stood up from her seat and proceeded straight to the manager office. Knocking a few times politely on the door, Ai waited patiently outside for the permission for entry.

"Come in."

Ai entered the room, bowing a little to show her respect, before approaching the manager at the working desk.

"Takahashi-san, the team from the talent show is going to come in this afternoon to have the gist of the contract discuss. Can please work out this copy of contract before this afternoon for the meeting? Also, can you be present for the meeting this afternoon to keep records and stuffs?" Iida Kaori, the manager of the department ordered.

Ai had her eyes shot open, showing her surprise at the request of her manager. 'Why is she giving such a chance? I'm just a handicapped worker in this company . . .'

Kaori, seemingly to understand what had just went through Ai's mind, went on, "I like the way you work. It doesn't matters to whether can you speak or not, are you normal or not. As long as you work hard and have good results, that's the kind of worker I want. You can do it, Takahashi-san."

Ai immediately went into a 90 degree bow, showing her deepest gratitude to her boss, for the understanding she had for. Collecting the given documents from Kaori's desk, Ai immediately left the room, and began working on them. 'This was the first time I was praised from work. . .' Excitement gradually filled her mind, before the negative thoughts came attacking again. 'Are you going to take people's sympathy for you as praise, Ai?' Ai frowned lightly at that thought. 'Could it be that, really, it was just a sympathy for me, and not a chance?' Ai stopped her fingers on her keyboard and began to space out on the documents. 'It could be . . . Don't hold high hopes for yourself, Ai . . . The higher you climb, the greater the fall. '  Ai continued to think bitterly inside herself.

Realising she was spacing out too much, Ai shook the thoughts away from her mind and began to work on the document. And that was until her eyes caught a familiar name on the document, leading to her spacing out again. 'Niigaki Risa'

Instead of looking out of the window of the mini bus like she would usually do, Risa was staring at the screen of her mobile phone.

'She had yet to reply any of my messages I sent. Was she upset that I - left ? Why had I did that. You are truly a moron, Risa. If you had be able to express truly yourself that night, all these would not be happening now. What were you afraid of, Risa? Being rejected like what happened with Sayumin?  Or ? Fearing that your heart would be hurt again? What makes you think that just walking out then would not have hurt her? Aren’t you being very selfish then?' The conscience of Risa had finally started to drop sense into her mind.

"Nakazawa-san, are you looking for me? I was informed by Fujimoto-san that you want to see me. " Eri spoke as she stepped into the office of Yuko.

"Yes, I did told Fujimoto that I want to see you." Yuko replied as she rested her elbow on the table and leaned slightly forward. "Have a seat. I just have a few questions to ask you." Yuko continued as she pointed to the chair before her. "I went to your office yesterday, wanting to talk to you about some issues, and Fujimoto told me that you had went off earlier."

"Hai. I had something to deal with, that's why I'd left earlier." Eri answered, as trying to dodge the deadly stares Yuko was giving her.

"Have you went to find Ai-chan?" Yuko continued asking.

"Yes. I'd asked for her address from Fujimoto-san."

"And?"

"And . . . ." Eri was lost for words. She was unsure where should she start from, nor what she should say and what she should not.

"Start from the first day you have met Ai-chan. Tell me everything about since the day, and maybe I can give you one cent of my opinion. Don't think you can hide anything from me. Ai-chan is just like a baby sister to me. So, say" Yuko continued with her strict tone.

"Takahashi-san?" Kaori called out, as she stood in front of the desk.

Ai had long finished the document required for the meeting and had sank into a moment of spacing out ever since. Having heard her name being called, she snapped out her thoughts and looked at Kaori.

"It's time for meeting. Let's go." Kaori finished before turning around and headed towards the meeting room.

'So fast? I'm not prepared to meet her yet. . . not after she had closed that door that day. . . ' Ai thought in her mind. Realising that Kaori was nearing the meeting room, Ai quickly packed the stuffs required for the meeting and chased after Kaori.

'So . . . this is the label company that is sponsoring this competition.' Risa noted silently in her mind as the group of them stood at the reception lobby of the building, waiting for further information given. Subconsciously, Risa directed her attention outside the building, towards the position where she stood 2 days ago. 'The expression she had on her face . . . I will never forget that. . . The softness of care and love. . .Would I be able to meet her today over here?'

"I couldn't find out where did she got her tranquilisers. During her visitation at my house, two of them was able to stop her from her seizure and knock her down. However when I visited her yesterday, she attempted to take 3 just to stop her hands from trembling. I'm not sure how long have she been taking them, or how intensive are dosages. It seemed to be that she might have develop some tolerance towards it, thus having to increase the dosage herself. It's very dangerous for her to do that, and Nakazawa-san, I really don't know what can I do to help. . . " Eri confessed the wrong situation that had happened to Yuko, who now had her serious expression off her face and was replaced with a worried one.

"Let's visit Ai-chan again." Yuko decided.

"But . . . She's at a really easily agitated state right now. Wouldn't it be better not to visit her right now such that we would not agitate her to a higher state?" Eri questioned.

"I will go with you this time round." Yuko finished.

"EH-"

"That's finalised. We will leave straight after work." Yuko ordered, leaving Eri with no other choices but to agree.

"Hai."

"Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!" The team echoed as they entered the meeting room, where Kaori and Ai was already seated in.

"Please take your seats at your names." Kaori spoke.

The people took their respective seats as they were asked to. And that was when Risa had notice Ai was in there. 'This can't be true.'  Risa could feel her heartbeat accelerating. Slight shade of redness could be observed across her cheek.

Sensing the incoming of people into the room, Ai looked up from the papers that were set in front of her. And there, their eyes met.

"The meeting today is to discuss the brief details that are planned out in this short period of time. Even though, right now, we are unsure which one of you will be selected  on the final round, we are all going to listen to your views on what was in the contract, and explanation of any clauses that anyone of you do not understand." Kaori started off, catching the attention of all in the room, thus breaking the eye contact between Ai and Risa.

"Hai." The team responded in unison.

And as the meeting proceeded, Risa couldn't help but to steal glances at Ai from time to time, hoping that Ai would look at her in some way. 'How I wish she would look at my direction. '

Whereas for Ai, she could not help but to feel uneasy at the glances Risa gave from time to time. 'Please . . . End this meeting soon, such that I can get out of here as soon as possible.

"That's all for now. I thank you for all your opinions today and I look forward to see who's going to step into this office again in a few days time. Please do your best for the final show down. Arigatou gozaimashita. " Kaori finished up and signalled Ai to get up and open the door of the meeting room.

Doing what she was asked to, Ai held the door open as the contestants of the competitions exited the room. Risa stood at one corner of the room, allowing the rest of them to leave the room first. 'I want to talk to her. . . I haven't spoke to her for days.'

"You're not leaving ?" Hiroki asked when he realised Risa was still in the room.

"Ah, Hiroki-san, I'm number 9 for the vocal training later one right? Can I go back to the TV station slightly later without the group? I have some other things to do. I will definitely be back before my turn." Risa requested, bowing her head a little.

'What are you intending to do again, Risa-san?' Ai thought as she frowned a little. The scene before her was a little bit not to her liking.

"Shouldn't be a problem for me. Make sure you fix that key problem of yours before coming in will do." With that, Hiroki left the meeting room, muttering a soft thanks to Ai who was still holding the door open.

"Ah - You are Niigaki-san . . . Am I right?" Kaori went off, trying to remember her name by her seat position around the meeting table previously.

"Hai! Niigaki Risa desu. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu." Risa self-introduced.

"Niigaki Risa. Your names sounds familiar, but I just can't remember where had I heard that name." Kaori continued.

"Ah . . ." was the only response from Risa. 'I think you remember my name from the newspapers. They always mentioned my name when they talked about my papa on the newspaper. But there's no way I'm gonna to tell her who am I. It's better if things are left like what it is now.' Risa thought.

"Anyway, you are not leaving?" Kaori continued asking as she stepped slightly forward, just beside Ai now.

"After you." Risa gestured.

"Thank you." Kaori thanked. Turning towards Ai now, she continued softly, "Can you include the news points included in today's meeting into the contract and also make amendments to the points discussed today? Draft out by this evening, is that possible for you?"   

Ai nodded her head lightly.

"Arigatou. You are of a great help today." Kaori finished and proceeded out of the room and back to her office.

'AH! Don't leave me alone yet. . . ' Ai thought as she deepen her frown. 'I . . . don't have anything to talk to her. ' Pouting a little , Ai turned around and faced Risa, shooting her with a glare that Risa had never seen from that gentle girl.

"Ai-san . . ." Risa called out as she licked her lips nervously.

(You're not leaving?) Ai signed as she stopped glaring.

"I - I " Risa shuttered with her nervously filling up her heart.

(If you are not leaving, I am.) Ai continued without allowing Risa to finish with her words. She moved back to the meeting room and gathered her stuffs in her hands and prepared to leave the room.

"Wait Ai-san, I wanna to talk to you. . ." Risa pleaded, but was cut off by Ai before she could reach her main point.

(Stop saying that you want to talk to me when you do not have the intention to. You don't have to play nice to me.) Ai signed, remembering the night that broke her heart. Tears was forming in her eye but she kept them there, and not letting them to fall off her face. Gathering the papers she had dropped on the floor when she signed, Ai left the meeting room, leaving Risa standing alone in the room.

'I guess . . .I'd really hurt her when I left her house. It's all your selfishness, Risa.' Looking in the way where Ai left, Risa could felt the salty tears in her mouth. 'Ai-san, it's never by intention that I'd hurt. I never thought I would hurt you. What can I do, to make you trust me again?'

"What time will Ai-chan comes back?" Yuko asked for the third time in the an hour of waiting outside the apartment.

"I - I'm not sure, Nakazawa-san. She never told me what time she ends her work. Probably, she's doing over time today?" Eri suggested. She was slightly terrified by the worried and angry Yuko in front of her.

Just Eri finished her sentence, a 'ding' sound was heard, indicating that the door of the elevator was opened.

Yuko turned around immediately to see who was it, and it was indeed the person the two of them had been waiting for the hour.

"Ai-chan! You're back!" Yuko cried out and lugged Ai into a huge hug, scaring the poor girl.

'EH? Nakazawa-san?' Ai thought in her shock.

"How are you? I missed you so much, cutie little girl." Yuko continued, patting Ai's bangs.

(Nakazawa-san, what are you doing over here?) Ai signed as she tried to get away from Yuko's hug.

"Because I heard from someone that my cute girl is not feeling well, Ai-chan." Yuko answered in her strict and funny tone.

'Eh?' Ai wondered. And that only persisted for a short while as she had finally noticed Eri, with her facial expression showing nothing but shock, standing awkwardly behind Yuko. 'So . . . It's about that issue. . . '

"Hi - Hi, Ai-san. " Eri stuttered a little bit.

"Maa, Ai-chan, let's get us in. We have been waiting here for an hour already." Yuko broke the awkwardness and pushed Ai lightly towards the door, signally her to unlock the door.

(Hai) Ai nodded her head as she signed.

In the apartment, Yuko made her way swiftly to the sofa and sat down while Eri remained standing near the door, being unsure about her current position in the situation.

(Do you all need any drinks?) Ai asked as she placed her bag at the kitchen counter table. Eri shook her head humbly.

"No. Ai-chan. I don't need either. Come over, I have something to ask you." Yuko called out.

Ai made her way slowly towards Yuko and sat at the seat beside Yuko.

"Ai-chan, have you been taking tranquilisers?" Yuko asked

Ai nodded her head lightly, bitting at the lower lips at the same time.

"For how long?" Yuko continued.

(A few years.) Ai hung her head down in shame.

"How?"

(I read it from books that it can helps to ease some trembling and seizure that I get from time to time. And I wanted to try it.) Ai signed

"And do you know that you need a psychiatrist prescription for them? Not everyone can take the same dosage as what you have read in the books, do you that?" Yuko continued.

Ai nodded her head.

"Will you promise me that you will not take them again?"

(I will try . . . but Nakazawa-san, I will promise I won't abuse them.) Ai finished.

'Is this how their normal sessions happen? Ai-san just told all the answers that Nakazawa-san had asked. And she didn’t even answered one of mine yesterday. . . If that was the case, why did Nakazawa-san chose to give this case to me?' Eri thought in her mind, still in the shock by the scene before her.

"Nakazawa-san, can I ask you a question?" Eri asked as Yuko and her walked along the brightly illuminated streets. The both of them had spent another hour at Ai's apartment, mainly with Nakazawa-san catching up with Ai and her new workplace.

"Yes, what do you want to ask me, Kamei-san?"

"Takahashi-san seems to trust you a lot. She don't hide stuffs from you, don't she?" Eri continued her questions.

"You can say that so."

"So . .  . Why did you pass on her case to me? Since she's comfortable and trust you so much, wouldn't it be easier for you to approach her instead of me, someone whom she barely knew?" Eri questioned.

"How should I say  . . . Basically, I watched Ai-chan grew up. The kind of trust she gave me was a form of respect. She had told me before that she won't lie to me because she respects me. And that's all. The trust she needs to have in order to share the hurt, the pain she's feeling in here," Yuko explained, pointing to the position of her heart, " is different from the trust of respect she gave me. It requires more than a trust of respect to understand and feel what she has been suffering from inside. And therefore I thought, maybe it's time to pass on the case, to someone closer to her age, who may be able to understand what kind of issues that affects her the most. Do you understand now, Kamei-san?:

"Wakarimashita." Eri responded. She was amazed by the explanation Yuko had just gave. 'Comparing the way she speaks now and the way she spoke to Ai-san just now, Nakazawa-san is really an amazing person . . . ' "I will do my best to help Takahashi-san!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan~ The next chapter should be a nice chapter :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:30:11 AM by caiyunki »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Sexy Boy ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~