JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Week

Author Topic: [help needed] jphip does not plat on my driod phone  (Read 20032 times)

Offline gaitau

[help needed] jphip does not plat on my driod phone
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:22:23 AM »
hi, sry, i know i probably am posting at the wrong section so please move my thread to the appropriate place.  i had been listening to jph!p radio on my droid phone since last december and loving it until it stopped streaming a couple of months ago.  i thought it'd come back but it didn't and i thought the radio was closed.

i m extremely delighted to find out that everything is peachy here so i guess i only need some technical help now.  jph!p streams fine on my desktop but it is not working on my phone, which i use to listen to music far more often than my desktop.  i have been using the TuneIn radio app.  so today i also tried the winamp app as it was promoted on your website.  however, winamp could not find the jph!p radio stream either.

help?  thx!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [help needed] jphip does not plat on my driod phone
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 03:33:18 PM »
Hi welcome gaitau!! we switched to a new server due to the OVERWHELMING popularity. Thank you for listening and all your support!! see more here: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=30283.0

That's right. Try manually going to the website? Point Radio bookmarks to: http://radio.jphip.com:8800/

It's possible the shoutcast listing (and related apps) haven't updated yet :/

Offline gaitau

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »
ah ha!  ok, thanks for the reply.  i will give the web steam a try and hopefully streamcast would be back soon.  gratz on the success  :jphip:

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »
I realize this thread is a little old, but it's on exactly the topic I searched for and it's not *too* old, so I'm going to post here.  I was just setting up some more presets for the TuneIn app on my Android phone, and JPHiP was one of them.  Unfortunately, it won't play.  Since this thread shows that the problem existed about 1 month ago, I'm guessing it hasn't resolved itself.  If possible, could someone at JPHiP contact TuneIn and confirm that they have the correct stream(s) for JPHiP?  Not only will it not play on my phone, it won't play on the web site either.  If you could check on this, I'd appreciate it.  JPHiP is a top-choice stations for J-pop radio for me, and I'd certainly like to have it available through TuneIn on my phone.  Thanks for your help!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:31:29 AM »
We'll see what we can do about TuneIn but there really is no app that our radio is officially affiliated with so it's just whatever third party apps do. The solution seemed to work for gaitau cuz I haven't heard from him but hey Dronak, you can try the ones freely available from Winamp - THE Shoutcast source: http://www.winamp.com/android

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:52:27 AM »
I had a look at the tunein site and tried updating the stream url on their site cause they were still using the old url.
Hopefully it should be updated in next day or so

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »
daigong, I can understand that.  I was hoping that if a service had your station listed, you'd have some control over the streams used and could check if they're using the right one.  I remember seeing notices that the stream's URL had changed, but I don't remember how long ago that was.

ebc, thanks for updating the stream URL on TuneIn.  I tried just now from my phone, and it worked fine.  It could take a little while to propagate everywhere, but it looks like that's all that was needed to fix the problem.  Thanks!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Week