JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taeyeon - Why

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! 5th generation member audition thread  (Read 41125 times)

Offline Jenus

• Member+
The Idoling!!! 5th generation member audition thread
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:13:56 AM »
The 15 finalists for Idoling!!! 5th generation member audition:

The finalists' self-introduction (No peformance)

The finalists' profiles:

5th generation member selection poll (5 votes total, select up to 5 finalists):
Last Update: 1/26/2012
Deadline: 1/31/2012

1. Takahashi Kurumi (#10) - 9 votes
2. Oya Rikako (#4) - 8 votes
2. Tamagawa Ramu (#13) - 8 votes
3. Iseki Risa (#3) - 7 votes
3. Matsumoto Ayaka (#14) - 7 votes
4. Ishida Karen (#1) - 4 votes
4. Takami Nao (#11) - 4 votes
4. Yanaka Yuisa (#15) - 4 votes
5. Izumi Marina (#2) - 2 votes
6. Kawakami Manami (#8) - 1 vote
6. Ogata Momo (#5) - 1 vote

Counted voters: SuzukiRyo, rurika9, Hatix, kei_86, Hyua, 123SillyBlast, Inferno, Jenus, Hajime_Saito, relaxershippuden, BarrieV
*If you want to change how you have voted, simply update your vote post, I'm going to recount the votes every time by going through them.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:21:35 AM by Jenus »

Offline Jenus

• Member+
Re: The Idoling!!! 5th generation member audition thread
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 12:39:19 AM »
I'll go first to start things off. :thumbsup

So I've been hearing that the new audition is not being received well by the fans, probably due to the fact that 20 members is already too many, and the fear of some members graduating being even more of a possibility.

I can't really say definitively whether the 5th gen. audition is a good idea or not, it all really depends on a lot of possible variables, but at the end it's bound to happen sooner or later in my opinion so what can you do? So might as well enjoy it and hope that all will turn out best.

As for the possible number of new members, since they are already indicating to go with the 20 finalist format like the last time, I would say 3~5 members is the most probable possibility, but I rather they choose less new members as oppose to more, 3 seems like a good number.

I'd like to see each new member to have a distinct advantage over another in different aspects so that they each could have different strengths that would complement one another instead of having a conflict over the same strength.

I really want at least one new member to be an above average singer with a lot of potential for growth.

I don't know if looks even matter to me any more when it comes to Idoling, but I guess it helps a little to look pretty and stuff. But the finalists pretty much are not ugly so I'm not worried in that respect.

It would be nice if a couple of them have a natural sense of humor, but variety has a lot to do with chemistry also so I'm not too concerned with that at this time.

More thoughts to be added at a later date as more info. is released...

Offline paperbed

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:59:45 AM »
I sort of understand the fans' worries. Currently, there are 20 members; about a handful actually do stuff, and the others are sort of wait until they're singled out by Masuno on the show, or have a solo uRa-Idoling segment. I understand that there needs to be some dynamic the outgoing types and the shy types (if you had a room full of 20 outgoing types, it'll look like that "Aichiteru" show or "The View"), but right now the ratio seems significantly off.

Would bumping up the membership really solve that problem ? If anything, it seems like it would dilute the current members even further. Granted, that's a poor excuse to NOT add new members; it's not the new members' faults if the veteran members aren't really pushing themselves out there. Which brings up another issue: There are only so many minutes in a show. Juggling so many members seems like a nightmare. Save the Best, Cull the Rest.

On the plus side, perhaps adding new members would give the group a chance to take on stronger singers and more loquacious types. MAYBE. I can't say that I saw that happen with 4th gen, as much as I like them. Call me shallow, but as a musician, strong singing is a big deal for me.1 I'm pretty sure most of the fan-base places very little importance on vocal prowess (they're just happy to see 'em live).

4th gen felt like the generation of quiet, sycophantic types. My hope is that 5th gen sees girls with stronger, more independent personalities (like Endo, Yazawa, Kawamura, or in an extreme case, Fujimoto Miki). That seems to naturally lead into more interesting moments, more talk-back, more outbursts, and more entertaining cat-fights !  :catglare:

================================================================================
1 The first live performances of "SISTER" and "Don't Think; Feel" were absolutely cringe-worthy. The second "A~I~*DO*-ringu..." was never on key, as was the "Yume mo *AI* mo" parts.  I'm wondering if anyone else noticed that during the first live, Yokoyama and Tonooka's performance of SPEED's "All My True Love" was very well done. Perfectly on key and full of projection. (I recall someone on this forum saying that THAT performance was cringe-worthy). From that point, it seems to have slid. My theory is that the new band-concerts make everything inaudible on stage without monitors (which they're clearly not using). At the same time, I'm wondering if FujiTV is, or has suggested that they all take up vocal coaching ?

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
I'm also hoping for any of the new members to be an able singer or at least one that can be trained to be one. I always think that it's for the purpose that Idoling!!! can go on to exist. The most likely members to graduate are almost always the older ones, which is the complete 1st gen which include the best singers overall. Not that I want anybody to graduate, if it were me, I'd have them all stay. Maybe they just want to expand the group to larger numbers (like other idol groups)... They've started adding generation 2, 3 and 4, so they can't stop adding more I guess. Fans would expect more generations? I welcome new members, but then the group gets larger, it's a bit of a dilemma, we'll see what happens :)

I do think that one of the problems with the lives is indeed the lack of use of ear monitors. I have read that when you have to listen to your own voice through the main speakers in the room, that the sound gets pitched automatically due to the natural phenomenon of traveling sound (probably also due to the sound waves bouncing off the walls), while ear monitors are directly into the ear and every unwanted sound can be mixed out (like the audience, or only your own voice). I've actually heard that when doing voice recording that they pitch the sound of the music intentionally because of this phenomenon and when they sing to it, it's actually in tune. (or something like that ;) )

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
maybe that's why i felt they sing better at outdoor open stage, just like at Lohas event or Tokyo earthride event.

I want 2 new members and no graduate, or 4 new members and 2 graduate, then let's do soccer  :twothumbs

My wish for new members:
1. Stage ace, good at sing and dance. more specific, I want girl with vocal like TGS Ayano/Sakamoto Maaya. don't really like vibrato.
2. Show ace, home and away, more like kikuchi.
3. Thinker and information gatherer, more like a combination of kikuchi(for jokes)+miyake(for promotion)+goto(idea and writer). No more baka.
4. Good in English or have the interest, and thinks worldwide.
5. We have enough members who likes K-pop or other idols. I want non-mainstream character.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »
I already fear the worst, with a pinch of hope. Do you guys know any Japanese Idoling fan forums? I was just wondering about their reactions to 4th generation members, upcoming 5th gen, singing and everything.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 06:41:08 PM »
What's the talk about 5th gen on 2ch, SuzukiRyo ? What do they think about it there ?

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:30 PM »
Mostly they are against the audition.
Of course, they said that to 4th gen audition too and mostly ended up being Kaoru/Yuna fans now :lol:
Rather than thinking of 5th gen, they are thinking who will graduate and who will become the new leader.
Graduates list is mostly troll (antifans of endo, kawamura, nagano, sakai), but some people thinks Yazawa, Fonchi & Morita will graduate. While popular new leader candidates are Tonooka, Yokoyama, Miyake, and Okawa. Kinda surprised that Hii-chan antifans decreased greatly in the last few weeks.

On twitter, mostly they don't complain about current 4th generation (except for Manami's weight) or group's singing skill. Cute girls win!
People only complain about one thing, too much shinahachi live. And Idoling!!! totally forgot about their show being their strongest point.

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 09:32:48 PM »
I do think that one of the problems with the lives is indeed the lack of use of ear monitors. I have read that when you have to listen to your own voice through the main speakers in the room, that the sound gets pitched automatically due to the natural phenomenon of traveling sound (probably also due to the sound waves bouncing off the walls), while ear monitors are directly into the ear and every unwanted sound can be mixed out (like the audience, or only your own voice). I've actually heard that when doing voice recording that they pitch the sound of the music intentionally because of this phenomenon and when they sing to it, it's actually in tune. (or something like that ;) )

There are a few problems.  They can't really hear themselves, they can't really hear the music, dancing and singing the way they do causes muscle fatigue which might mean they can't hit the notes they need to hit and some just aren't great singers.  Normal floor monitors are perfectly fine and have worked for countless bands.  IEMs are an amazing invention, but they're expensive and can cause ear infections if you don't take care fo them properly.  The cheap ones barely provide any sound isolation and break down after awhile, so penny-pinching on them isn't exactly the best practice.  There is a bit of an issue with the way all of these groups sing, however.  Under normal circumstances, every musician would have his or her own monitor.  With floor monitors, that's impossible for the obvious reasons.  If they had IEMs, I'm not even sure if FOH (the sound man that controls everything -- Front of House) would have enough inputs on his/her mixer to handle all of those connections.  20+ singing mics, 23+ IEMs (for singers + band members), 6+ mics for drums, 2+ for guitar/bass.  As you can see, the amount of connections this would require would be huge, and battling the issues with getting each one on its own wireless station would also be a bit of a pain.  They'd have to lug around a lot more gear for their own IEM mixer to send to FOH.  Then, every member has to have his/her own specific mix, so sound checks would take a long time.  There are also a few more issues, so it's not a very realistic solution.

During recording, they use what is called Autotune or Melodyne.  A lot of people know this software thanks to Cher first using it to pitch to grid and the internet using it for hilarious Youtube mixes on pretty much anything you can think of.  However, it's been (and still is) used way before that in a more subtle way to help pitch vocals to their correct pitch on many famous musicians all around the world.  Sometimes it's necessary; you pull off a great performance, but one or two notes isn't quite right.  If you throw Autotune or Melodyne on it, that performance now becomes perfect without 90% of people listening knowing any better.  Other times, it makes a crappy singer just barely be able to pull off a performance i.e. Rebecca Black.  I won't get into this too much, but basically, it's the vocals that are pitched to the correct note, not the music that's being pitched.

It would be great if Idoling!!! had more monitors, but it's not exactly feasible unless they want to shell out some big money.  Anybody know if they have their own dedicated sound man that follows them to venues, or if they just use whatever FOH guy is at the venue?  Most regular bands out there just leave everything to whatever FOH guy the venue provides.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:38:11 PM by Code001 »
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline paperbed

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 01:36:17 AM »
Has anyone heard anything new about the 5th Gen Auditions ?

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 05:50:40 AM »
Application for 5th gen. audition closed tomorrow, so nothing new for now. staffs are working hard to cut down thousands of applicants to 20 finalists until the end of the month.

update:
15 candidates will be announced at 11th live.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:52:42 PM by SuzukiRyo »

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »
As indicated by SuzukiRyo, the # of candidates has been changed from 20 to 15. And as you may know by now, the fans will be voting this time with the purchase of the next single CD. With this news on hand, I was thinking about doing a poll of our own on this thread, where you would vote for a new member that you like by simply posting your comment here. I would then tally the votes right before the announcement of the 5th gen members and it would be fun to compare the forum poll to the actual new members that would be chosen. Anyone is welcome to participate.

The only rule I came up with is that you will have 5 votes to spend and you can vote up to 5 candidates. So if you only have 1 candidate you like you can use all the 5 votes for that one candidate, and if you have 5 candidates that you like you can put each vote towards each candidate. If you have 2 candidates you like, then you can divide the votes accordingly and spend 3 votes on the one you like the most, and 2 votes on the 2nd choice (Or 4 votes on 1st choice, and 1 vote on the 2nd choice if you want to.), how you would spend your votes is up to you.

The voting will begin once I have put up a post with all the candidate profiles & photos.

There should be some article publications to be available after the 11th live so things should pick up a bit here next week, stay tuned.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 07:51:28 AM »
(Early report) Candidates:
---LesPros
高見奈央 (15) Mie/LesPros/Love Berry model http://yaplog.jp/lp-t-nao/
大矢梨華子 (15) Shiga/LesPros/Love Berry model http://yaplog.jp/lp-o-rikako/
---Watanabe
玉川来夢 (14) Kanagawa/Watanabepro/Pichilemon model/ChocoLe http://ameblo.jp/tamagawa-ramu-we/
高橋胡桃 (14) Saitama/Watanabepro/ChocoLe http://ameblo.jp/kurumi-takahashi-we/
---BOX
松本彩花 (13) Nagasaki/BOX Corp/Love Berry model http://ameblo.jp/matsumoto-ayaka/
石田佳蓮 (15) Tokyo/BOX Corp/Love Berry model http://ameblo.jp/ishida-karen/
---Fit-one
谷中唯彩 (13) Tokyo/Fit-one http://www.fit-fan.co.jp/artists/yanaka_y/

泉マリナ (15) Osaka/Was 4th generation finalist
井関理彩 (12) Ehime
緒方もも (13) Osaka
沖口優奈 (13) Osaka
金子輝歩 (15) Kanagawa/Waseda Academy CM
川上愛美 (14) Osaka
清久レイア (12) Osaka
田中里奈 (12) Kanagawa

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/idoling/finalists.html
Anyone could decrypt those profiles?

ChocoLe members are probably fixed already, because Kadosawa P is relying so much on Watanabepro.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:32:01 PM by SuzukiRyo »

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
All of these are in

NAME
HOBBIES
TALENT

or

NAME
HOBBIES & TALENT

format

Ishida Karen
Reading & listening to music
Walking & posing

Izumi Marina
Guitar & drawing pictures
Dance, guitar and tongue rolling

Iseki Risa
Collecting various things
Remembering dance and songs

Ooya Rikako
Karaoke, basketball, walking, posing

Ogata Momo
Writing letters
Taiko drums

Okiguchi Yuuna
Reading, shopping, doing nail arts
Fast reading, thumbs are flexible

Kaneko Kiho
Acting
Imitation, body is flexible

Kawakami Manami
Karaoke, computers
Eyeballs relay

Kiyoku Reia
Dance, singing
Can become friend with anyone

Takahashi Kurumi
Collecting strawberry goods
Bird imitation

Takami Nao
Dance, singing, accordion
Weird faces, computers

Tanaka Rina
Singing, dancing

Tamagawa Ramu
Decoration, design
Unicycle, illustration, imitation

Matsumoto Ayaka
Exercise, Watching dvd, listening to music
Peekaboo using legs

Yanaka Yuisa
Western cooking, making sweets, reading
Dance, can move one eyeball at a time

Offline relaxershippuden

• Idolinger!!! 4ever!!!
  • Member+
  • Loving!!! Idoling!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »
ChocoLe members are probably fixed already, because Kadosawa P is relying so much on Watanabepro.
im 100% sure about that.
12 to 15 years finalists? LOLIS  :smhid

-----------

Izumi Marina
Guitar & drawing pictures
Dance, guitar and tongue rolling

AGAIN? (4kisei final auditiong)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:47:54 PM by relaxershippuden »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 03:50:47 PM »
Based on the pics, I like:
- Ishida Karen, #1
- Ooya Rikako, #4

and to some extent Okiguchi Yuuna, #6, because she looks like Kojima Haruna a bit  :lol:

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »
Joining the game.
If I only have 5 points, then 2 points for #10 Kurumin and 3 points for #13 Ramutan. Kaede would be happy if they join Idoling!!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:31:12 PM by SuzukiRyo »

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 04:04:37 PM »
And here's my ranking according to what I saw (these may change at any time because I hardly knew them) :nervous This is just for fun and don't take it too personally :)

OK #1, #8, #10, #13

NOISY #7, #14

ENERGETIC #4, #11

MEH #2, #6, #15

INTERESTING #3, #9

UHH, WERE YOU THERE #5, #12

I hope we see more of these girl because it would be very unfair to judge them only based on a half a minute self introduction.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »
They should airing their audition videos before MAMORE released, at least the performance part only.

Kurumin  :inlove:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:32:22 PM by SuzukiRyo »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »
Top 5 as of now:

#13 Ramu-tan - Seriously, have you seen those eyes? Totally sucked me right at the first ChocoLe event. lol
#10 Kurumin - Same deal here. I have a sweet tooth for ChocoLe(te)
#15 Manami - I just noticed she and #08 have the same eyeball relay skill. :lol:
#02 Marina - I could see sparks flying all the way from where I was standing! She's in serious mode this time!
#01 Karen - We'd have 3 Love Berries if Karen were to join. :lol:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taeyeon - Why