JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - It`s You

Author Topic: Petals 7 - cheezy fake manga cover - 10/19/2012  (Read 12497 times)

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Petals 7 - chapter 4 part 1 (A Second Teacher) - 03/22/2012
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »
(This is a fan fic based on the "public images" of various Hello!Project artists and is no way shape or form trying to imply anything about the personal lives of the real people behind the public images.)

Note: Fuji-San is Mount Fuji.

Note: Busu means ugly.

Petals 7 - Chapter 4 - part 1 - A Second Teacher

Niigaki Risa's home phone rings.

I hope this isn't some salesperson.  "Moshi, moshi?"

"Risa, this is Eri."

"What do you want?"

"I want to apologize.  That was pretty immature of me to assume that you would instantly fall in love with me."

"Well, okay.  This shouldn't be something that causes friction in the group.  That would make Takahashi-sempai sad."

"Thanks.  However, since you're a lot more mature than most of the girls who I talk to, I wonder if you could give me some advise?"

No way!  I can't believe she's trying a trick this obvious.  But, might as well play along.  "Um, sure, I guess.  I can't guarantee that I will be of any help."

"There's a friend of mine who has a big crush on another girl.  She wants to know what she needs to do to get closer to this other girl."

"Who are these other two people?"

"It's a secret."

"Well, gee, without knowing who these other two people are all I could do is tell you what would make me happy.  Right?"

"Any advise would be helpful."

"Eri-kun, I have read shoujo manga before.  What you're doing is one of the oldest tricks in the book.  I would have to be really dumb to fall for it."

"What do you mean?"

"Pretending to ask advise for a friend so you can pump me for information, that is so common."

"Well, um, er.  Okay, you got me.  I am trying to get information about you.  But, on the other hand, I do have a friend who is crushing on another girl, so I wasn't really lying.  I am trying to help my friend, but also help myself in the process."

"Seems very suspicious."

"But, putting that aside, which shoujo manga's do you like?"

"Me?  I'm starting to get a little old for shoujo manga's now.  But, last year I was following 'Scattered Petals'."

Eri smiles.  "Okay, I've seen that one.  It wasn't one of my favorites, but I thought the relationship between Sachiko and Natsuki was really compelling."

"No kidding.  Did you see that scene where Sachiko slapped Natsuki and Natsuki refused to back down?"

"Yeah, that was the first time that Sachiko had to regard Natsuki as an equal."

"That was really powerful."

"Well, Risa-kun, I don't know if I learned anything good from this conversation to tell my friend, but thanks for humoring me."

"Oh, I do have one bit of advise for your friend: kaichou is a weird nickname."  Risa pronounces kaichou as kaicha, the same way that Reina does.

"What?"

"Hontou ni.  Reina spent half the training session staring at Takahashi-sempai's butt.  It was so obvious."

"Thank you, I will pass along that information.  See you Monday."

"Ja ne."

---

Takahashi Ai's phone rings.  The Girigiri Surf Rider ring tone immediately tells Ai who it is.  "Hello, Reina."

"Kaichou!"

"Why are you calling tonight?"

"I need to ask you a favor."

"Let me guess.  More fashion shopping?"

"We can let that go this week.  I'll just bring in some magazines for you to look at.  But, I do have a favor to ask."

"What's that?"

"There's a friend of mine who has a big crush on another girl.  She wants to know what she needs to do to get closer to this other girl."

"And, you're asking me because?"

"Because you're so smart."

"Well, who are these two people?"

"It's a secret."

"Well, if it's a secret then the only thing I could tell you is stuff I would like."

"Anything would help."

"Well, let's see...  Oh, I don't know.  I'm pretty independent.  I don't get into that mushy stuff a lot."

"Well, kaichou, what if there was a girl that you liked and wanted to be with.  What would you do about it?"

"That's a really good question.  I've never really thought of things like that.  I guess what I would do is ask the girl to come to the next group social thing I was going to.  That's how the Karaoke group from last year came together."

"The one with Jun Jun-Sempai?"

"Yes, and Kanon, and Eripon."

"That's a really good idea, Kaichou."

"It is?  It's not like I am a girlfriend to any of those three.  Maybe it's bad advise?"

"No, I think it's good advise.  I'm sure the problem was that Kanon-Sempai, Jun Jun-Sempai, and Erina-Sempai are all really busy people with their activities.  That's why none of them is your girlfriend."

"Reina, you sure seem to know a lot for someone asking the questions."

"One doesn't learn unless one asks."

"Okay, but I have to finish my homework."

"Okay, bai, bai!"

"See you tomorrow."

---

After school, Risa arrives at the Karaoke club.  "Wow, lots of people here!"

Riho smiles.  "Risa.  There's been a change of plans.  I talked it over with Mizuki-kun here and she's agreed to help you so that I can help Sayumi."

Well, at least she's not saying that Sayumi is going going to try to teach me.  "But, Riho, won't that be a lot more work for you?"

Sayumi pouts.  "Hey, don't talk about me like I am not here."

Riho giggles.  "Don't worry about me.  I have a plan."

Mizuki leans and waves with her hand, the same way that Eripon does.  "Risa, shall we go?"

"Okay."

Risa and Mizuki retreat to a booth.

"Let's go Sayumi."

"Hai."

Riho and Sayumi go to their booth and make themselves comfortable.

"Okay, let's get this out of the way first.  Sayumi?  Who is the cutest girl is the world?"

"Me, of course."

"Okay, now you have told me.  Do you think I am a baka?"

Sayumi starts looking panicked.  "No."

"Good.  If you don't think that I am stupid, then you'll realize that I don't need to be told about your cuteness more that once."

"But ..."

Riho pulls a plastic mallet out of her school backpack.  "But, if you forget ..."  Riho slams the mallet on the top of the table, "... then I will have to give you a reminder."

What a psycho!  "Okay."

"Now, did you do your vocal exercises this weekend?"

---

"... and it's just such an honor to be with such amazing people.  Do you think I really belong in the club, Risa?  I don't think I really measure up. ..."

Uso, uso, uso!  Is she going to carry on like this all session?  "Mizuki-kun?"

"Yes?"

"I'm really the wrong person to ask.  Takahashi-sempai made all the decisions regarding who to get.  And, honestly, I was disappointed with many of them."

Mizuki looks panicked.  "Really!?"

"Yes, when Takahashi-sempai mentioned your name I felt like quitting ..."

Mizuki looks devastated.

" ... since there's no way that I can compete with you on any level."

"I don't understand."

"What's there not to understand?  You're built like a woman, I'm built like a q-tip.  Everyone fawns on you, everyone picks on me.  I'm a beginner at singing and you're pretty experienced."

Mizuki stares straight ahead like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Mizuki-kun, are you okay?"

Mizuki starts sobbing.  "But, Risa, I look up to you.  I'm chubby.  You're elegant.  People want to be with you.  People just want to use me.  Please don't think that I am better than you."

"I'm sorry."

Mizuki wipes her tears.  "Well, let's not worry about stuff that we can't change?  We can change our singing, and that's why we are here.  We can't really change our bodies or our popularity."

"Okay.  Should we do the exercises first?"

Mizuki nods.

---

"But, I did practice!"  Sayumi looks close to tears.

Riho shakes her head.  "Sayumi, a major scale is the building block of everything.  You need to be able to hit every note dead on.  You're so far off, if we did a Karaoke song right now the machine would not let you finish."

"You're exaggerating!"

Riho goes to the machine and punches in some special codes.  "Okay, I downloaded a simple exercise.  I won't tell you you're flat, the machine will."

"Okay.  Doe, Ray, Me, Faa, Sou, La, Tea, Doe."

Riho pointed to the arrow next to the words.  "Don't you see that arrow?"

"Yes, it didn't move."

Riho grabs the hammer and thinks about hitting Sayumi with it, but changes her mind and play hits herself.  "The arrow didn't move because you were so consistently far off."

"But, ..."

"Listen."  Riho types in some more special codes.  "Let's do it this way.  Let's do a really long 'Doe', and let's see if you can get the arrow to move from the very bottom."

"Okay.  Doe ...."

"Higher.  Higher.  There you go, see the arrow moved!  Now try to center it."

"Doe ..."

"There we go.  Now hold it."

"Doe ..."  Sayumi starts gasping for breath.

"That was good.  You stayed on pitch for five seconds."

"Is everything about singing going to be this hard?"

"Do you remember last summer?  Our class climbed Fuji-San for the first time.  You made it to the top right?"

"Yes."

"Do you remember that one section where the trail became a bunch of steps that seemed to go on forever?"

"Yes."

"Becoming a singer is like climbing those steps.  We do them one step at a time."

"But, I'm cute.  I should be allowed to go two steps at a time."

Riho play hits Sayumi in the head with the mallet.

---

"I believe in this Miracle romance."

Risa and Mizuki patiently wait for the results.

"Uso!  You beat me worse than Riho did!"

"What did you score against Riho?"

"Eighty-one."

"And, now you scored eighty-three.  That's shows that you are coming along really fast."

Risa slumps down.  "But, I'm never going to catch up."

"Risa, you shouldn't say things like that.  I talked to Takahashi-sempai and she said that she wasn't expecting everyone to be a great singer in the group.  Just so long as everyone can get by for a line or two, everything will be okay."

"I guess I can do that."

"Risa, let me show you a trick that Erina-sempai showed me."

"Erina?  Do you mean Ikuta Erina?"

"Yes.  Oh, I didn't tell you.  I'm her kouhai now."

"No way!  That's amazing!"

"And, scary.  She doesn't want me to be a troublesome kouhai.  That's why she showed me this trick.  We went to Karaoke and she said that I was thinking too much about what I was doing.  So, she made me do some para para steps while I was singing."

"But, that will make things twice as hard!"

"Yes, however, you'll be thinking of the steps, not the singing.  Let's give it a try."

"Okay."

"I'm sorry I'm not candid.  I can say it if in my dreams."

Risa tries to keep up with the dance step but keeps tripping.  Finally, she quits.  "Muri, muri, muri.  Just look at that arrow.  I'm so off."

"It's not impossible.  You did great for the first time.  At least you didn't fall on your butt like I did.  Let's do it again and face the wall so that you won't be distracted by the arrow."

"Okay."

They do the song again and this time Risa is able to finish.

"Now, let's check out your score."

"I can't look."

Mizuki waves and leans toward the screen.  "Eighty four.  You did better while dancing than you did without dancing."

"I did?"  Risa turns around.  "I guess I did.  Sugoi."

"See, everything is going to be okay."

"Wow, it must be great to have a cool sempai like Ikuta-san."

---

Eri takes the first volume of "Scattered Petals" off of her wall.  Gee, I wonder if this story says anything important about Risa.  One way to find out though.  Eri opens the book.

Natsuki stands in front of the entrance gate to her new school.  In front of her is a statue, about as tall as she is, of a giant bowl.  She can see over the top of the bowl and inside of the bowl is a metal arrangement of objects designed to look like Ramen ingredients.

"Um, excuse me, are you Natsuki?"

"Hai!"

"My name is Miyu.  I will be your roommate.  I was sent to show you around."

"Great!  It's so scary coming to a school this grand."

"Well, everyone here desires to become a great Ramen chef.  So, they all have something in common with you, right?"

Natsuki looks down.

"What?  You came to the school and you don't like Ramen?"

"I love Ramen.  But, my cooking skills are pretty bad.  The only reason I got in was because my Grandmother was a famous chef.  My family has hit some hard times so they couldn't afford to send me to the school I was going to, so they sent me here because I could get a full scholarship."

"You're going to a cooking school and your bad at cooking?"

"Well, I guess I will have to suck it up, huh?"

"Natsuki, this is a pretty competitive school.  Many of the other students will treat beginners very harshly.  I think I should warn you of this."

Natsuki looks afraid.

"Well, can you at least identify that bowl?"

Natsuki looks over the edge of the bowl.  "Shio Ramen.  You can tell because some of the toppings are pickled plums."

"Good!  I will definitely support you Natsuki."

"Thanks, Miyu."

Eri's phone rings.  "Moshi, Moshi."

"You may praise me now."

"What's up, Reina?"

"This Saturday, I have a double date for us with you know who."

"Efficient as always, Reina.  I will try not to waste the opportunity you have given me."

"You better not!"

---

"Did everyone practice hard?"

"Hai!"

Jun Jun smiles.  "We'll have today's practice be similar to last week.  We'll do some exercises, work on a new song, and then one by one you'll show me how much you've grown.  Okay?"

"Hai!"

---

"Okay, Ai-kun, you can be first again."

Ai enters the private booth.

"Risa, what's wrong, you look scared."

"Oh, Riho.  I'm sure I'm just that much farther behind than everyone else."

"But, why worry about something like that?"

"What?"

"If you're struggling, I'm sure that Jun Jun will give you good advice."

"Easy for you to say."

Ai comes out of the room.  "Risa, you're up."

"Hai!"  Risa enters the room.

"Risa-chan, ready to sing?"

"Hai!"

Jun Jun starts playing piano.

"Let's head out on a big journey beyond the sun and the wind.  I'm sure we'll open the door to a paradise that's not on the map."

Jun Jun finishes playing.

"How bad was I?"

Jun Jun mentions for Risa to sit down next to her on the piano bench.  She holds Risa's hands.  "Risa, I'm worried.  You sounded like you were enjoying yourself less than last week."

"But, last week I didn't understand half the things I was doing wrong.  Now that I do understand, it's painful to make those errors."

Jun Jun squeezes Risa's hands.  "The worst mistake you can make is not enjoying yourself.  You need to turn off that critical voice in your head while you are singing."

"Oh, wait.  Mizuki said that it might help if I para para danced while singing."

"Mizuki?"

"Riho said that she was busy with Sayumi."

"Is that so?  Anyway, great idea!  Let's do it again."

Risa sings the song again.

"Excellent, you sounded like you were having fun again."

"What about the other stuff?"

"You have a ways to go, but you were better than last week.  Keep working with Mizuki."

"Thanks."

"Please call in Sayumi."

Sayumi enters.

"Well, Sayumi.  Shall we begin?  I made a promise last week to make you cry.  I wonder if I will be able to complete it?"

Sayumi waves her hand in front of her face.  "You don't have to."

"Let's see.  Please sing the song for me."

Jun Jun plays the paino while Sayumi sings.

"So, how was it?"

Jun Jun smiles.  "I can see that you worked really hard this week to get better, Sayumi-chan."

"I did."

"If you continue to work hard, you just might elevate yourself to where you need to be."

Sayumi beams.  "Really?"

"But ..."

Sayumi's face falls.  "What?"

"Please sit on this bench with me.  This is going to be painful."

Sayumi sits with a worried look on her face.

Jun Jun takes out her phone.  "I want you to take a look at some pictures I downloaded."

"Okay."

Jun Jun shows Sayumi five pictures.  "Now, were those five girls cute?"

"Just barely.  I am way cuter than all of them.  Way, way cuter."

"I would agree with that.  You are.  Now, guess where I got those pictures?"

"I don't know."

"Those are the covers of the five best selling photo books for idol singers."

"Well, good.  Then my books should outsell all of them."

Jun Jun pats Sayumi on the head.  "Wow, you're really missing the point."

"What?"

"The point is, being super cute is not going to help you to become a popular idol.  In fact, it's going to be an hundred pound stone weight around your neck."

"You're talking nonsense."

"Don't you think that cuter girls than these try out to be idols every day?  They do, but they don't succeed, because the target audience for idol singers, the wota, cannot identify with them.  The wota think that the cuter idols look like the girls at school who won't talk to them and put them down.  The wota want girls who look like they can be approached and talked to.  Do you really think you look approachable?"

"I ..."

"Wanting to be an idol singer is fine, but honestly, I think that it's the wrong direction for you to take if you just want people to see you as cute.  Why not become a gravure model and be photographed as much as you want?"

"No!"

"Why not?  Why work yourself to death for years to become a mediocre singer when all you want is to do photobooks?"

"That's not me!"  Sayumi starts crying.  "I'm cute on the inside as well as the outside.  If I'm not a singer no one will know."

Jun Jun comforts Sayumi.  "Well, if you are cute on the inside, why do I hear you act mean to some of the other girls in the school?  Are you really cute on the inside or are you making some self-serving assumption?  It would be really sad if you worked for years and then found out that no one is connecting with your personality because people thought that on the inside you were busu?"

Sayumi runs out of the room and the practice room in tears.

Ai nods to Riho who gives chase.  Riho catches up to Sayumi quickly, since Sayumi loses her wind easily.  "Are you okay?"

"Riho, am I ugly?"

Riho, annoyed, raises an eyebrow.  "Am I a magic mirror and are you Snow White?"

"No, am I ugly on the inside?"

Riho starts laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"I don't mind that you are."

"Riho, I hate you!  This means I'll never have a top selling photobook."

"Huh?"

"Jun Jun said that what sells is girls who are cute on the inside."

"Dummy.  Jun Jun doesn't own a publishing company.  She's not a authority on stuff like that.  Besides, why not have your future photobook show the real you?  People might like to have a photobook of some girl who is vain and looks down on everyone."

"Stop!"

"I'm serious.  The worst thing to be is a phony.  If you're for real people will accept you.  After all, I accept you."

"You do?"

"It's hard sometimes, because you put people down a lot, but I do."

"Do you think I should give up and become a gravure idol?"

Riho pokes Sayumi's forehead.  "You're too smart for that.  You would be bored to tears.  I know you.  You need a challenge.  Now, stop whining and get back to practice."

"Okay."

---

Takahashi Ai signals for attention.  "Okay, eveyone.  As I said in the text message I sent everyone, we have an extra practice on Friday.  In that practice, I will be bringing in another teacher to help us in another aspect of being an idol singer."

The rest of the group groans.

"Sitting in on the practice will be Jun Jun.  However, she will not be there to judge people."

Jun Jun nods.  "Teachers need to learn as well.  I hope that all of you will treat me as another student and give me the full effect of your counsil without worrying about me trying to get you guys back."

Risa raises an eyebrow.  "But, Jun Jun-sempai, what could you possibly need to learn?"

"You would be surprised."

To Be Continued
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:17:57 AM by resop2 »

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
Re: Petals 7 - chapter 4 part 1 (A Second Teacher) - 03/22/2012
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
UPDATE~ :cow: finally!

aw, am Ai and Reina, Risa and Eri going on a date? CUTE!

please update fast ;)

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: Petals 7 - chapter 4 part 1 (A Second Teacher) - 03/22/2012
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »
Hmm, I too see a Ai,Reina, Eri, Gaki date, which could be interesting to say the least......

and Jun, well at least she praised Sayu's singing, but then went of about her being cute but un-approcable, extra 'help' from Jun here, showing she does care about Sayu really......

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Petals 7 - chapter 4 part 2 (A Second Teacher) - 06/06/2012
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 05:06:39 AM »
@Kikk4r - I would have updated faster if I could.   :(  But, hopefully it will be worth the wait...

@oddball - Expect a lot of SayuJun in the future...  :twisted:

----------------------------------------------------------

(This is a fan fic based on the "public images" of various Hello!Project artists and is no way shape or form trying to imply anything about the personal lives of the real people behind the public images.)

Petals 7 - Chapter 4 - part 2 - A Second Teacher

Eri starts to read again.

Natsuki and Miyu walk up the stairs of their dorm.

"So, this school has some strange rules, but you'll get used to them.  One rule is that one must never wander about campus after dark.  It's pretty up in the mountains, but there is no real way to prevent wild animals from invading at night."

"What about during the day?"

"There's too much activity, it scares them off."

"Okay."  Natsuki stops at a stair landing and points through a window.  "Oh, what's that building over there?"

"The super ornate one?  That's the dorm of the super elite student council.  All of them are being groomed to be top chefs and they rarely if ever talk to ordinary students."

"Kon nicha wa!"  A strange student passes them going down the stairs.

Miyu seems star struck.  "Aoi-sempai!"

Aoi turns around.  "Oh, hi Miyu.  Sorry I didn't recognize ya."

"Aoi-sempai, let me introduce you to the new girl.  This is Natsuki.  Natsuki, this is Aoi.  She's one of the student council.  She is being groomed to be the next god of Hakata Ramen."

Aoi bows and holds out her hands.  "Pleased to meet ya."

Natsuki shakes her hands and bows.

"Sorry if your hands smell now.  It's kinda the danger with working with garlic so much."

Natsuki smells her hands and is nearly knocked on her butt.  "That's okay, I love Hakata Ramen."

Aoi winks.  "Maybe I can make you a bowl sometime."  Aoi runs off.

Miyu sighs.  "She's so dreamy."

Eri's phone rings.  "What's up, Reina?"

"So, what outfit should I wear on Saturday?"

"You're asking me?  The genius of lack of fashion sense?  Is this some trick question, where you're going to do the opposite of what I suggest?"

"I'm just so nervous!"

"Aren't you worried about tomorrow's practice?"

"Jun Jun said I was doing okay, so hopefully the next teacher will also think I am doing okay.  I just can't worry about stuff like that."

"True.  I am like that also.  But, for a different reason.  I figure that the teacher will be harsh on me, but there's nothing I can really do to prepare."

"Makes sense."

"I've been reading a manga instead, trying to get insight into Risa."

"That's cool.  Which one?"

"Scattered Petals."

"I never got into that one.  The school uniforms were so uncool."

---

Risa walks into the practice room.

"Rival!"

Panicking, Risa looks around.  "Kanon-sempai?"

"Yeah, I'm teaching today.  I hope that you don't mind, but I want you to be my assistant teacher today."

"Me?"

"It will be easy."

The rest of the group, along with Jun Jun, enter the room.

Kanon gets their attention.  "Okay, folks.  Today we are going to be exploring a new avenue of singing.  Ai-kun tells me that most of you guys do most of your singing in Karaoke.  Is that true?"

The group members nod in agreement.

"That's good practice, but, it's not the same as singing in front of an audience.  While being on pitch is important, it is also important to be able to communicate emotion with your voice.  So, I have prepared some exercises for us to do, and we can do them as a group."

The group members look at themselves with worried expressions.

"Now, Ai-kun, I want you to be our first volunteer.  I will give you a card with an emotion on it.  I want you to sing a major scale behind the piano so the group can't see your face.  Okay?"

Ai-kun gulps and nods.

Kanon gives Ai the card.  "Okay, everyone.  Concentrate hard and  think about what Ai is trying to express."

"Doe, Ray, Me, Faa, Sol, La, Tea, Doe."

"Okay, Sayumi, what was Ai trying to express?"

"No clue."

"Anyone?"

The rest of the group shake their head.

"Ai-kun, I don't think anyone got that you were trying to express sadness.  Let me give the next card to my assistant Risa."

Ai comes out from behind the piano.  "Your assistant?"

"She has done these exercises before during a drama workshop."

Risa goes behind the piano and does the scale.

"Reina, what do you think?"

"Fear."

The rest of the group nods.

"Great, that was correct.  Now, I am going to split people up into pairs and give you guys three cards each.  Practice among yourselves.  There is no right or wrong way to do things, just ways that work for you.  Feel free to experiment, but don't use visual clues to guess the emotion.  Turn you back on your partner if you need to."

The rest of the group nods.

"Now, let's have Sayumi with Jun Jun, Reina with Ai-kun, Eri with Risa, and Riho with Mizuki."

Riho and Mizuki find a corner of the practice room by themselves.

Riho holds the cards out, face down for Mizuki.  "Pick a card, any card."

Mizuki picks one.

Riho turns around so she cannot see Mizuki.  "Okay, let's go."

"Doe, ... R-Ray, ... M-Me, ..."

"Why are you being so apprehensive?  It's just me listening."

"Correct!"

"Wow, very cool."

---

Reina turns around.  "Okay, kaichou, let me have it."

Ai sings the major scale.

"Kaichou.  You just sang a major scale.  What in the world were you trying to express with it?"

"Excitement."

Reina cringes, then thinks for a bit.  "Try it again."

"Doe, Ray, Me, ..."

"I heard that Sayumi practiced with Mizuki yesterday and improved an amazing amount."

"... Faa, Sol, La, Tea, Doe.  She did?"

"No, I was lying.  But, you did kind of sound more excited after I said it."

---

Eri turns around.  Whenever you're ready, Risa-kun.

Eri frowns.  "That was a tough one.  Slight assertiveness?"

"Kuso.  It was supposed to be conviction."

"Try it again, slowly."

"Doe, Ray, ..."

"So, after practice, do you want to go up to the school roof and make out?"

Risa violently shakes her head even though Eri has her back to Risa.  "... Me, Faa, Sol, La, TEA, DOE!  Why are you continuing with these stupid come on lines?"

"Because you sang the scale with great conviction."

Risa turns red.  "Oh, sorry."

"So, you will go to the roof with me?"

Risa pulls her right eyelid down and sticks out her tongue.  "Beda!"

---

"What's wrong, Sayumi-chan?"

"It's just so hard to concentrate on showing an emotion when I know that you will be all over my pitch control."

Jun Jun laughs.  "Nonsense.  That's not the point of the exercise.  Sometimes singers will go off pitch slightly if they can use this to convey an emotion.  Don't worry about about pitch at all, just go for it."

Sayumi smiles.  "Okay!  Doe, Ray, Me, Faa, Sol, La, Tea, Doe."

"Okay, I'm getting 'happiness' from that."

"You did?  Oh my god!"

"Am I correct?"

"Yes!"

"But, you were happy about not worrying about being on pitch, right?"

Sayumi's smile falls.

"Just teasing.  It's whatever works, right?"

"Hai!"

---

Mizuki smiles.  "My goodness, Riho, you sure sounded angry there."

"Right."

"How were you able to do that?  That felt so real."

"I was just thinking of things that made me mad."

"Such as?"

"Um, Mizuki-kun, there are some things I'd rather not talk about."

"Okay.  Besides, what would make you mad might not be the same things that would make me mad."

You can say that again.

---

"Doe, Ray, Ma, Faa, Sol, La, Ta, Doe."

Ai scratches her head.  "No clue."

Reina rubs her forehead in frustration.  "It's supposed to be curiosity."

Ai smiles a sinister smile, facing away from Reina.  "Try it again."

"Doe, Ray, ..."

"I'm wearing some special panties today."

Reina turns red.  "... Ma, Faa, Sol, La, Ta, Doe."

"That seemed a lot better."

"Why did you bring up panties?"

"Because I know that you would be curious if my idea of special panties would be a crime against fashion."

Reina gulps.  "Yeah, that's it.  I was worried for your style."

---

"Excitement."

"That is correct."

"That's amazing Eri-kun.  I was able to tell what you were feeling each time."

"Not what I really feeling.  You heard what I was expressing."

"Wouldn't it be easier to just feel what you were trying to express?"

"Easier?"  Eri gets a puzzled look on her face.  "It just comes naturally for me I guess."

"But is that such a good thing, to be able to fake people out so easily?"

Eri blushes.  "Never thought of that before."

---

Sayumi stares straight ahead.  What the heck was that?  "Sorry, I couldn't tell what that was."

Jun Jun pouts.  "It's supposed to be anger."

A gleam appears in Sayumi's eyes.  "Try it again."

"Doe, Ray, ..."

"For someone who can dish out criticism on singing, you're really not that good at singing yourself, aren't you?"

"... Me, Faa, Sol, La, Tea, Doe.  I am going to kick your ass so bad."

"But, that was so much better."

"What was?"

"Expressing anger."

Jun Jun turns pale.  "Oh, sorry, Sayumi.  I thought you meant it."

"No problem.  But, I did mean it."

"What?"

"Well, I figure that if it's the truth, then there's no harm in saying things."

Jun Jun smirks.  "Let me guess, the girls that I heard you bullied, you were just telling them the truth?"

"Of course.  If I was spouting nonsense they would have ignored me."

Jun Jun nods her head.  "Maybe you're not as ugly on the inside as I thought."

"I hope not."

---

"Okay, I hope everyone here has picked up some new tools to use today.  But, these tools need practice, so I hope every works on them this weekend.  During Karaoke practice, I hope you all will pick a couple of emotions and try them out without worrying about your score.  Okay?"

"Hai!"

"Thank you for having me.  I am really interested now in seeing how all of you will develop."

Risa stretches.  Wow, that was a lot of hard work.

"Hey, Risa."

"Yes, Takahashi-sempai?"

"Are you doing anything on Saturday?"

Risa blushes beet red. "What's going on?"

"Well, since I'm really bad at this, maybe you can give me some pointers at the Karaoke club?"

"Sure!"

---

"What the heck is this?"  Sachiko holds up a bunch of soba noodles with a pair of chopsticks.  "These are totally over cooked.  Rookie, have you even cooked before?"

Natsuki looks down at the floor.

"Teacher?  Why did you put this novice in with the elite group?  We have standards to keep up here."

"Sachiko, I think you're overreacting.  If she needs help, I could tutor her."

"Aoi, stop thinking with your hormones.  Cooking is a serious thing."

Natsuki finishes packing.  That entire class was one long session of Sachiko pointing out my flaws.  Of course, the teacher never stopped Sachiko since Sachiko is being groomed to be the next god of Tonkotsu Ramen.

Good thing that Miyo is off at Aoi's tutoring class.  She would try to stop me from leaving.

Natsuki grabs her stuff and heads down the stairs.  I hope I don't meet someone who tries to change my mind.  There's no way that I could endure another class like that.

Natsuki reaches the outside without incident.  Wow, it's really dark and desolate out here.  I hope there aren't any wild animals.

Natsuki makes it halfway to the school gate when she steps on a twig.  She suddenly hears a horrible noise that sounds like howling.

Oh crap!

Natsuki starts to run, but stops dead in her tracks when she sees the first one.  Wait!  These aren't wild animals, they're m-m-monsters!

Natsuki finds herself surrounded by around six creatures that would have looked human if it wasn't for giant holes in their abdomens.

"Hungry.."

Oh no!  They think I am food!

Eri sighs.  I guess Jun Jun isn't as harsh with me as Sachiko is with Natsuki.

---

Risa arrives at the Karaoke place.  "Takahashi-senpai, I'm here."

Ai turns around.  "Good.  We're being joined today by Eri and Reina.  Between the four of us we should make great progress."

Risa gets a mortified look on her face. "Takahashi-senpai, who's idea was it for this little group?"

"Reina.  I think it's great that she's getting in the swing of things and helping out."

Must not upset Takahashi-senpai by pointing out the obvious.  "Um, okay.  I guess that's good."

"Kaichou!  We're here."

Risa shoots daggers with her eyes at Eri.

"Risa, I am glad you could make it.  I am very interested in learning how you feel emotions."

I'm sure you are.  Risa glares at Eri.

Ai points to the booth that she has reserved.  "Shall we get started?"

Eri smiles.  "Boss, is it okay if we don't order food during the session?  We are at a mall so we can can grab food afterward."

"Eri, you're very serious today."

"Thanks."

Risa rolls her eyes.  Serious, but not about singing.

They enter the booth.

"Kaichou, let's do one together with grading to warm up."

Ai nods.

"Look for your love girl, sending my love with telepathy.  Always a girl, I'm having improbable dreams ..."

Risa whispers to Eri.  "So, this is you two's idea for a double date?"

Eri grins.  "Yes.  However, I guess it's not likely that I will be successful."

"You got that right."

"However, let's at least work together?  You might think I joined the club to chase you, but I am very serious about the idea of being an idol."

"... Anyone under this open sky will want to look for their own path ..."

"Serious?  You?"

"Well, I guess my seriousness is expressed differently than most people."

"... Right now a small piece of romance like this is linking with a wonderful future.  Tomorrow will shine more brightly."

Reina looks at the two scores on the Karaoke machine.  "Wow, spot on as always, Kaichou."

Ai turns to Eri and Risa.  "Why don't you two warm up?"

Eri smiles.  "Sure.  Let me pick the song."

Risa puts on a happy face.  "Okay."  This had better not be some hentai song.

"Before we knew it, we casually bumped into each other.  Gathering kindness together we continued our game of hide-and-seek.  No, wanna sell your soul, a stylish yellow touch.  No, forget smile again, I just want to keep dancing ..."

"So Kaichou, what panties are you wearing today?"

Ai blushes.  "Just normal ones."

"But this will not do.  We must find better underwear for you."

"Why?"

"Because if you perform and you do a high kick to show your fans some service they shouldn't see unstylish panties.  That would ruin all of their dreams."

"Is that so?  Never thought of that."

"... Take the good things and the bad things, add them together and divide by two and live well, wanting to surpass time."

"Sugoi, Risa, you scores are getting better all the time."

Risa smiles at Reina.  "Well, I have been getting a lot of help."

Eri looks dejected.  "I think I might be falling behind."

"Don't worry about it, Eri.  We're all here to work on our singing."

Eri nods and forces a smile for Ai.

"So Risa, why don't you pick me a song and a emotion and check to see how I do with it?"

"Sure."  Risa shoots a triumphant look to Reina who makes a face back at her.

Risa looks through the song list.  "Why don't you try Yuzurenai Negai?"

"How should I sing it?"

"How about with sorrow?"

"I'll do my best."

Risa starts the machine.

"Heading to the dream to the future with no end.  Holding close a wish, a wish you can't yield to anyone..."

Reina and Eri start writing things down on napkins.

Risa looks at Ai in disbelief.  Is she even trying to express sorrow?

"... Take the map to your heart, the one that will not fade, and hold it up to the light.  So, how did I do?"

Reina nervously giggles.  "Well, Kaichou, if we didn't have to work on things, we wouldn't need to practice, right?"

"That bad?"

Eri points to her notes and then to her chin.  "Boss, the first thing I would change was the way you were standing."

"Eeh?"  Risa looks at Eri in surprise.

Eri ignores Risa.  "You were standing in a very carefree way.  For sorrow, I would have slumped my shoulders some."

"Isn't this supposed to be about singing, not about appearance?"

Eri turns to Risa.  "Yes.  But, appearance does affect singing."

Risa has a shocked look on her face.

"Boss, try it again, but this time slump your shoulders."

Ai repeats the song.

"What do you to think?"

Risa and Reina nod to Eri.

"See?"

"That's amazing Eri.  I never would have thought of that."

---

Ai stretches.  "I'm so tired!  You guys really wore me out.  How am I ever going to remember all this stuff?"

Eri smiles.  "It will come with time."

"Kaichou, there's no time to be tired now.  We still have to shop for panties."

"What about Risa and Eri?"

Eri smiles.  "I can treat Risa to some food, that is, if she will let me."

"It's okay."

Reina drags Ai off.

"I'm happy you agreed."

"Well, I guess I owe you an apology for thinking you were not serious about being an idol."

"No problem.  I'm sure I give off the wrong impression frequently."

"That was an amazing amount of advise you were giving out."

Eri blushes.  "Well, I was trying to compensate for being the worst in the room for being on pitch."

"So, where should we go?"

"There's a stall in the food court that serves Hakata Ramen."

"But won't Reina be upset that we're leaving her out?  She's originally from that area, right?"

Eri laughs.  "It's okay.  Actually, Reina doesn't like Hakata ramen.  She much prefers Sapporo ramen."

"Eeeh?  From all the way up North?"

"Well, she is a rebel.  Shall we go?"

"Okay."

To be continued!

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Petals 7 - Chapter 5 - A Shocking Senpai Declaration - 07/14/2012
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 05:54:42 AM »

Petals 7 - Chapter 5 - A Shocking Senpai Declaration

Ai approaches Maimi in the hall after school.  "Um, er, Maimi?"

"Rival!  How are you doing?  I hope your club is working hard because you know that the dance club is not planning on losing to you guys."

Ai scratches her head in nervousness.  "Yeah.  We are working hard.  However, I don't feel confident teaching the girls dancing.  So, um, er, I was wondering ..."

"You want me to give you guys lessons?  But, of course!  That's the whole point of having a rival, to make sure that they do well so that you have a target to surpass."

"I haven't heard that before, but putting that aside, that's great!"

"But, there is a catch.  I have a favor to ask of you."  Maimi whispers in Ai ear.

Ai looks shocked and gulps, but then steadies herself.  "Well, that's kind of sudden, but since it's for the good of the club, I'll do it."

"Great, I'll make arrangements."

"So, is tomorrow okay for the first lesson?"

"I'll be there!  Ja ne"  Maimi runs off.

Ai takes out her cell phone and sends a text message to the other girls about the extra meeting.

---

Reina and Eri walk home from school.

Reina pushes Eri on the shoulder.  "So, how did it go?  Did you get any?"

Eri looks at Reina with annoyance.  "We had a great time eating Hakata Ramen, but I didn't get any."

"Maybe you should have went for Sapporo Ramen?"

"Maybe you should get you mind out of the gutter?"

"Why should I?  I got to got shopping with Takahashi-Senpai for pantsu."  Reina giggles like a maniac.

"Did you take spy shots?"

Reina frowns.  "Takahashi-Senpai is too smart for that."

Reina's cell phone rings.  "That's Takahashi-Senpai now, probably telling me how sexy the new pantsu makes her feel."

Eri's cell phone rings as well.  "I hope she's not also telling me.  That would be too much information."

They both look at the text message.  Their faces fall.

"We're up to three nights a week, now?  Wow, boss is really driving us."

Reina nods.  "It's okay by me.  If we are going to be idols it's not going to happen with a lackluster effort."

---

"Oh no!  Not another day!"

Riho looks at Sayumi with disapproval.  "Sayumi-kun, it's going to take a lot of hard work for us to perform as idols.  If you're not ready to do the work then you're never going to get to go on stage."

Sayumi pouts.  "Why can't I just go on stage and be myself?  After all, I am cute."

"Because we're a group.  If everyone just got onstage acted like themselves we'd just be seven random girls."

"But, I would stand out then."

"A beetle stands out with a bunch of ants."

"But, what does that mean?"

"Wait a second."  Riho points to a vending machine on the side of the road.  "What do you want?"

"Orange-Kiwi, because the picture on the side of the package looks cute."

Riho selects and Orange-Kiwi for Sayumi and a cider for herself.

"What I mean is that standing out doesn't make you an idol.  You could go to the mall right now and round up six random girls to hang out with and you would probably stand out.  But, that's not really an accomplishment."

"You make everything sound so hard.  You're no fun."

"We're going to have to work on your warrior-spirit."

"Beda!"

---

"Oh dear, another practice day."

Erina pats her kouhai on the head.  "I'm sure it will be great.  It sounds like you guys are making great progress."

Mizuki sighs.  "I wish I was making great progress."

"Oh come on.  I can already see you changing."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"But, I have so far to go."

"Yes, but if it was easy, then there would be no point to it.  Right?"

"Was it hard?"

"What was hard?"

"For you to learn baton twirling?"

"I cried myself to sleep every night for a month.  But, eventually, I got there."

"Really?"  Mizuki smiles.

"They used to call be ten thumbs Erina, it was so bad."

"No way!"

"Well, I had a sympathetic senpai, so that made things easier."

---

"Good afternoon everyone!  In case I haven't met you yet, my name is Yajima Maimi and I am the leader of the Dance Club.  I have agreed to help bring you guys up to speed in dancing, but don't think I will make you guys better than the dance club girls."

Maimi laughs an imperious laugh and the club members groan.

"So, shall we get started?  Maimi points to some practice mats that she has brought.  "Please grab one.  We will start out with some basic stretches.  Dancing can be very tough on the body so we need to protect our bodies as much as possible.  Now, try to do what I do."

Maimi sits down on her mat and spreads her legs out so the made a 120 degree angle.  She then reaches out and touches her toes.

Risa starts panicking.  No way!  Do people actually do this?  I can't even get halfway!

Risa looks around and see that Ai, Riho, and Mizuki can do the stretch easily.  She also sees that Eri and Reina aren't able to do the stretch completely but are within an inch or two of completing it.

"This is too hard!"

Risa see that Sayumi is struggling worse than she is.

"Sayumi, don't worry about not being able to do things the first time.  Flexibility will come with time."

Risa groans.  Easy for her to say.

---

"Okay.  Now, balance is also important to dancing.  Let's do some balance drills.  Do what I do."

Maimi lifts her right leg up.  She then points left with both arms at chest level.  "Is everyone with me so far?"

"Hai!"

Risa grunts.  This isn't so bad.

"Now, rotate you arms in a big circle."  Maimi moves her arms around in a clock-like motion.

Splat.

Splat.  No way!  Are people actually doing this?  Risa looks around and sees that only her and Sayumi tipped over.   This is the worst!

"Sayumi, Risa.  Please do not consider not being able to do something a defeat.  Please consider it a challenge."

"Hai!"

Risa tries it again and falls down again.

"Well, let's move on.  Let's try this exercise."  Maimi squats down and sticks her right leg out to the side.  She then folds her arms in front of her chest.  "Everyone ready?  Now rise."

Miami pushes herself up to a standing position using just her left leg.

Splat.

Splat.

---

After practice, Risa walks home be herself.  She starts crying.  Wow, I'll never be able to catch up to those other girls.

Risa's cell phone rings.  "Moshi, moshi?"

"Risa, this is Riho.  My mom is going to be away this weekend for work.  I was thinking of having you, Sayumi, Reina and Eri over for some catch up work on the dance basics."

"I think you're wasting your time."

"Well, you might have a point, but I invited Sayumi because she's my friend."

Risa stumbles.  "No, I meant by inviting me."

Riho laughs.  "Now you're talking nonsense.  I'll have you up to speed in no time.  Just stop worrying about it and trust in me."

"I'll try."

"Cool.  I have other people to invite, so ja ne!"

"See you tomorrow in singing practice."

---

Jun Jun gets up.  "Okay, that was a really good warm up.  I can see all of you are practicing really hard.  Time for individual singing now.  "Eri, you first."

Eri goes into the booth with Jun Jun.

"So, what did you think of Maimi-kun's instruction yesterday?"

Risa jumps a little in surprise.  "Takahashi-sempai, I can tell that she knows her stuff, but I don't think I can really appreciate her with my lack of skills."

Ai laughs.  "I think you'll find that she is pretty sympathetic to beginners.  You should give her a chance."  Ai walks away and starts chatting with Mizuki.

That was strange.  Takahashi-sempai seems a little different today.

"Risa, you're next!"  Jun Jun waves to her from the door of the booth.

Risa runs over.

"Are you genki this afternoon?"

"Yes!"

"Good.  Let's get started."

"She's the sort of girl who's always in fashion, and her behind is the cutest one we know.  Please look my way Honey!  On account of, on account of, just because.

"Oh pretty please, oh pretty please, please don't hurt my heart this way.  The fast drumbeat of my heart, tickles, tickles, ticks deep inside!
"

Risa finishes.

Jun Jun giggles.  "That was pretty good.  You're improving every week."

"I can't really believe that."

"Would you rather I nit-pick?"

Risa thinks about it a second.  "I think you should."

"Okay, let's go over the fundamentals again because you're kind of doing them, but not really doing them correctly."

---

Risa walks out of the booth.

"Sayumi, you're next."

Risa sits down by a table.

"Risa-kun, can I ask you a question?"

Risa raises an eyebrow.  "I guess so.  What's up?"

Eri also sits down.  "Did Jun Jun seem a little different this week?"

"What do you mean?"

"It seemed to me that she was a little distracted."

"Well, know that I think of it, I did have to remind her to scold me."

Eri laughs.  "And, here I was thinking that I didn't get scolded because I was doing okay.  Rats."

---

"Oh, don't, No don't give me that look in your eye.  Honey Flash!  I'm going to change."

Sayumi looks at Jun Jun.  "So, how was it?"

"You were better than last week.  However, before I go into detail on what you should try to change, I have a question for you."

"Sure."

"Do you have a senpai yet?"

"Ehhhhh?"

"You said that you want to be cute on the inside.  I think I could help you with that, but, it's really only the sort of thing that a senpai can teach a kouhai."

"Why?"

"Because some of it involves some personal stuff."

Oh my goodness.  She wants to do this and that with me, and that too!  But, she is kind of hot and I do need to become cute on the inside.  "Okay, I will be your kouhai."

"Good.  Now that's out of the way, let's start at the beginning at where you need to start making changes."

---

Ai and Jun Jun walk out of the booth.

"Okay, class that's all for today.  You're all doing great.  Soon we'll be up to the point of doing duets."

The girls mummer among themselves.

Ai smiles.  "My plan for our eventual performance will be to mix group songs with duets so that everyone will have a chance to shine."

"Everyone will do fine.  This shouldn't be anything to worry about.  Everyone should just continue practicing normally.  On the other hand, if there is someone you want to do a duet with, you can certainly explore the possibilities in your practices this weekend."

"Hai!"

"Oh, and one more thing.  Please do not bully my kouhai, Sayumi."

Risa shakes a little bit in shock.  Kouhai?  Risa looks around and sees that the rest of the group is also surprised.

---

"Sorry I'm late!"

Risa notices that Sayumi, Reina, and Eri are still taking their shoes off.

Riho laughs.  "They just got here a minute ago.  Take your shoes off and relax."

They enter Riho's apartment.

Reina's eyes double in size.  "This is amazing!  I've never seen an apartment this big before.  Your mother must be really rich."

"She's a talent manager, so she makes a good salary.  She also gets alimony from my father, who is a businessman."

Eri looks at a picture on the wall.  "Hey Riho, are you in this picture?"

Riho laughs.  "That was from a couple of years ago.  My hair was shorter.  Here I am, third from the left."

Risa gasps.  "Very cute!"

"This was a dance group that I used to belong to.  There are a couple of people here that go to our school, but most of them I am not close to."

"Risa points to one girl who has sharply cut bangs.  "Who is this girl?"

Riho makes a face.  "That's Satou Masaki.  She was the center of the group.  Still to this day she considers me her rival, even though I don't think of her that way."

"Does she go to our school?"

"No, but the situation is much worse.  My mother is her manager."

Reina nudges Riho.  "Hey, if you need anyone to kick this girl's ass, just say the word."

Riho laughs and waves her hand in front of her face.  "No, that would be a big set back for my mother's career.  It was just announced that Masaki is going to be in a dorama in a couple of months.  That will open a lot of doors for my mother."

"Still,"  Reina points at the picture, "she looks annoying.  She pisses me off."

"She is annoying.  And, I do want to punch her out.  But, sometimes one has to show restraint."

Riho leads the group into a living room.  "Okay, we'll go over the stuff that we had problems with during dance class."  Riho lays down some futons on the floor.  "Let's start with the leg stretch."

Risa sits down and tries to stretch.  "This sucks."

"You're just not used to it yet."  Riho sits in front of Risa and spreads her legs out to keep Risa's legs open.  "Now, give me your hands."

Risa sticks her hands out.

"Tell me if it starts to hurt."  Riho starts gently pulling Risa forward.

"Itai!"

Riho gets up.  "Eri, now you do the same thing.  Be very gentle, though.  She isn't very limber yet."

Eri blushes but sits down.  "Okay, let me know when to stop."

Eri pulls on Risa's arms.

Riho giggles.  "You'll have to pull farther than that.  Don't be afraid.  Trust in Risa."

Eri pulls farther.

"Okay, right there."

"Great.  Now, Risa you pull Eri's arms.  Also, Reina, please do the same thing for Sayumi."

---

"Okay, now Eri, I want you to spot Risa.  Do as little as possible to steady her, but make sure she doesn't fall over.  Now, Risa, leg up, arms to the left.  Se, no ..."  Riho waves her arms in a circle.

Risa tries but starts tripping over.  Eri catches her and straightens her upright.

"Again."

Risa again loses her balance.

"Tighten your tummy.  That's where your balance will come from."

Risa tries and again loses her balance.

"Woah, that was much better.  I barely had to do anything to help you."

Risa looks at Eri.  "Really?"

"Yeah, try it again."

Risa tries it again and again.  On the fifth try she does it without help.

Risa looks over and sees that Sayumi also looks like she is improving.

Riho claps.  "You guys are doing great.  Take a break and I will bring some cider."

Riho runs off.

Reina shoves Sayumi.  "So, how is it having a senpai?  Are you guys doing it yet?"

Sayumi blushes.  "You're so kimoi!"

"Okay, but what have you guys done together so far?"

"Not much.  We're going to hang out tomorrow afternoon."

"Sweet."

"Do you think I should wear something sexy or cute for Jun Jun."

Risa nearly falls over.  "You call Reina disgusting and then you ask that question?"

Reina laughs.  "There's nothing wrong with Sayumi's question.  After all, I will soon be wondering that same question."

"Why?"

"Because Kaichou will soon ask me to be her kouhai."

Risa makes a face.  "You?  Do you really think that Takahashi-sempai will want a kakkowarui kouhai?"

Reina's smile disappears.  "Oh no, you didn't just say that did you?  I'll have you know that I work hard at having a good style.  And, I'll bet that kaichou hasn't asked you because you're boring."

Risa gets in Reina's face.  "What did you say?"

"Boring."

Risa and Reina stare daggers at each other.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!?"

Everyone turns to look at Riho.

Sayumi points her finger at Reina and Risa.  "These two are kimoi.  They were getting into a fight over who Ai was going to pick as her kouhai."

Riho reaches up to smack Reina and Risa on top of their heads.  "Baka!  That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Is Ai going to pick one of you guys because you beat up the other?"

Reina and Risa sulk.

"Maybe you guys should ask Ai about this instead of fighting?"

Reina nods.  "We should ask after Tuesday's dance practice."

"Okay."

"But, we all know who she's going to pick."

Risa and Reina stare daggers at each other again.

"Will you two blockheads please spends some of your energy mastering the side lunge?"

"Hai!"

"And, Reina, spot for Risa.  If you let her fall I will make sure that you fall next."

Reina gulps.  Even though Riho is shorter and less scary looking that me, she does have a presence to her.  "Okay."

---

Eri opens the manga again.

Natsuki finds herself surrounded by around six creatures that would have looked human if it wasn't for giant holes in their abdomens.

"Hungry.."

Oh no!  They think I am food!

"Hold it right there!"

Natsuki looks on in wonder as six people dressed in unicolored sentai outfits run up and get between her and the monsters.

"Pink, the color of pork, essential for Yokohama Ramen, Ramen Ranger Pink!"

"Yellow, the color of corn, signature ingredient of Sapporo Ramen, Ramen Ranger Yellow!"

"Black, the color of crushed garlic oil, the basis of Hakata Ramen, Ramen Ranger Black!"

"Green, the color of seaweed, which of course makes one think of Shio Ramen, Ramen Ranger Green!"

"Off-white, the color of garlic, decorating all fine bowls of Miso Ramen, Ramen Ranger Off-White."

"Red, the color of pickled ginger, the crown of Tonkontsu Ramen, Ramen Ranger Red!"

"Together, we are the Ramen Rangers!"

What the heck?

"Yokohama Ramen, bowl up!"

"Sapporo Ramen, bowl up!"

"Hakata Ramen, bowl up!"

"Shio Ramen, bowl up!"

"Miso Ramen, bowl up!"

"Tonkontsu Ramen, bowl up!"

Six bowls of Ramen appear before the six monsters.  After sniffing each bowl, each monster picks a bowl and consumes the Ramen, bowl and all, in one gulp.

"Umai!"

The monsters smile and turn into light and fade away.

"Um, what were those things?"

Ramen Ranger Black smiles.  "Those monsters are what you might think of as ghosts.  Their souls are still tied to this earth because they still had a hunger in their hearts for great Ramen.  Because of this empty feeling they are called Hollows."

A chibi Natsuki appears in the margin wondering why the mangaka won't get sued for that name.

"But, once they get a bowl of great Ramen, their souls are free to move on to the afterworld."

"Well, I guess I should thank you guys for saving my life."

Ramen Ranger Black raises her hand for Natsuki to high five her.  "It's no problem."

Natsuki slaps Ramen Ranger Black's hand.

As Ramen Ranger Black turns away, Natsuki smells her hand.  "Thanks, Aoi."

All of the Ramen Rangers freeze like deer in the headlights.

"Aoi?"

"Yes.  You're Aoi, Red is Sachiko, Pink is Nagi, Yellow is Akane, Off-White is Haruka, and Green is Yuuichi."

Ramen Ranger Green's jaw drops.  "She can see through our outfits."

"I don't have to.  Aoi's hand reeks of garlic, just like Ramen Ranger Black.  She's part of the student council.  Each member of the student council has a specialty Ramen and you all named your specialty in your battle boast."

The Rangers untranform.

Aoi turns to Sachiko.  "Boss, she saw through our disguise.  I think this is a sign that she is also a Ramen Ranger."

"Shut up, Aoi!  I will never accept this.  A crappy novice chef will never be a Ramen Ranger."

Akane steps forward, shoving Aoi down.  "Natsuki, if you don't have a senpai yet, I would be honored to be your senpai.  I think I could bring you up to speed in cooking in no time."

"Hey that's my line."  Aoi dusts herself off.

Yuuichi puts her hand on Aoi's shoulder.  "Aoi, it's better this way.  Natsuki needs a senpai who is a strong teacher, not a Casanova."

Aoi sulks.

Eri puts the manga down.  Wow, this senpai thing gets pretty heated.

---

Risa walks into the practice room and stares daggers at Reina.

Maimi is already giving pointers to Sayumi who is trying to stretch.

Ai clears her throat.  "Hey guys, I would like to make an announcement.  I have decided who I want as my kouhai!"

To Be Continued!

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Petals 7 - cheezy fake manga cover - 10/19/2012
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2012, 07:16:56 AM »

I'm not good with art, but here it is.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - It`s You