JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Bad Girl

Author Topic: [Discuss] Guilty Pleasure Oshimen  (Read 4310 times)

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
[Discuss] Guilty Pleasure Oshimen
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:18:33 AM »
The concept was first discussed with the bros of NSK when we met and hung out with them last year at AM2. It quickly became a point of discussion on basugasu, and now the bald boss himself has asked me to make a thread for it.

Who is YOUR Guilty Pleasure Oshimen?

A Guilty Pleasure Oshimen is any member that you would rather people didn't know you liked, or maybe you talk out against them, don't really like them for some reason--but you still find yourself gravitating towards them. Basically, the Guilty Pleasure Oshimen is the girl that you like SECRETLY despite what you tell people!

When the topic first was born, my Guilty Pleasure Oshimen was the Lemon, Ichikawa Miori! When I first started seeing her on tv, I was really taken aback. Honestly, and it's kind of mean to say, but I thought maybe she was a little mentally handicapped--no lie, I thought she might've been retarded. I was like, does AKB really have this... She baffled me! Now, I really like the lemon, I think she's cute and hilarious so she's not my Guilty Pleasure Oshimen anymore--but that's beside the point.

Anyway, I know it's supposed to be a secret, but let's get it out there! Who's your Guilty Pleasure Oshimen and why?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:55:38 PM by SomethingWild »

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline LMM913

Re: [DISCUSS] Guilty Pleasure Oshimen
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:05:02 AM »
LMAO I feel as if Tenkei read an old post of mine, from another forum and just re-submitted it here. Before I knew anything about Miori (hell I called her Fresh Lemon for the longest {still do}), I asked others if she had a mental handicap. Thank god that someone assured me that it wasn't the case because I thought that would be kinda fucked up (only if she was being used for that reason, not because she wouldn't be capable of being in the group). Man did she grow on me after that. I guess she's my guilty pleasure Oshimen because I just think that if anyone was to find out about her, that they'd automatically assume that I'm mocking her for being mentally retarded. GO FRESH LEMON!!!! :twothumbs

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Discuss] Guilty Pleasure Oshimen
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »
Most definitely no longer the case, but I initially had a bad impression of the 9th gen girls. (Shimada, Ranran, Mariyagi, etc.) I honestly can't even tell you why in hindsight. :lol: I think I continued to try to dislike/be indifferent to them publicly for a short while simply cause I was embarrassed that I made such a huge mistake, but the more I watched the more I was honestly falling for them. It definitely felt like a guilty pleasure. Eventually I dropped the act and just liked them openly. Why feel bad about enjoying some of the most fun girls AKB has to offer? :twothumbs

Recent guilty pleasure: I like HKT48. They're quite "fresh", and I said I was not going to really get into them, but they're so cute dammit! :angry:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:22:52 PM »
I may have mentioned my guilty pleasure oshimen once or twice before, but it's still not something I'd like to openly admit.
Sometimes I think she's funny and super cute, whereas sometimes she's borderline rude and annoying.
It's a love/hate relationship. AKBingo showed her soft and shy side at least once, which only increased my appreciation of her.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 08:24:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure "Guilty Pleasure" was one of the stages between "We don't need another 48 group in Osaka, I'm going to avoid them like the plague" and "NMB48 is AWESOME! Their singles have been consistently better than the ones put out by SKE48 or AKB48 around the same time, I have to download all their appearances on TV, and I even bought their weekly calendar."  :lol:

Other than that, I'd have to say Matsubara Natsumi. In my last ranking, she was 11th in Team A, and didn't even make my top 20 AKB girls. Yet sometimes I catch myself watching just her during performances. I think it must be her smile.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 01:31:06 AM »
I was watching boykun and tenkei's show, basugasubakuhatsu!, last night and I think it was tenkei who brought up a name I can't believe I forgot when thinking about this topic.

Komori Mika.

When I first saw this girl on Shukan AKB, LoD's and concerts, all I could think was "What. In. The. Fuck. Is. AKS. Thinking?" At first I thought she was terrible. She was weird looking, weird acting, and just... WEIRD. :lol: Somewhere along the way though, Komori found her footing. She found a way to channel that weirdness into a cool kind of weird, and I'm totally fine with her now. She even turned out quite pretty, amazingly. :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
A year has passed, and I can be open about my Lovetan fandom.

That means it's time to pick a new guilty pleasure oshimen... It's Mio.  XD

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
These days, I think guilty pleasure oshi status would go to Tashima Meru.

Meru is great. She's a great performer, personality, the whole nine yards. I have no doubt she'll turn out great and a superstar in the long run. But at the same time, I really feel like her being in front of Sakura and Haruppi isn't right. Seeing her perform is like :w00t: but then I see Sakura and Loops behind her and it's like  :bleed eyes: . I don't hate her for it as it's mostly a management thing, but yeah, makes for some conflicting feelings. :lol:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 04:43:51 AM »

ALL THE SALT! Gimme dat hypertension baby ohhh yeahhh.

Since like Managuu.

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
One word: Sasshi :heart:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 06:29:56 PM »
I guess it's Akimoto Sayaka (may her graduation find her peace in showbiz)

I didn't actually like her at first, coz, well, she's too damn manly! When I see her on AKBINGO, she makes funny jokes, save the members and also became their support. I actually don't want people to find out I like a manly woman but, Sayaka's too much for me... Her swag ALMOST made me Yuihan in danger of dropping down the Top 3 but my pride wouldn't let me.

Sayaka's awesome if you see her a lot. I basically squealed inside if she ever gets screentime. Once I looked at a picture of her pumping her fist up with fireworks in the background. I literally choked to her beauty...

The other one is Takahashi Minami. I don't actually like her, but I kinda feel myself protecting the little midget. It would probably be because she's Acchan's favorite toy... I don't know. I don't like her because, well, come on! She tried to avoid Acchan's constant skinship with her! Be a man, Takamina! >A<

But even if I say that, I still pair her up with Acchan...

Offline alohano

• AKB48 Group and Momoclo!! Oshi is Mirukii!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chat? Send me a PM!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 04:56:57 AM »
Sasshi.  Didn't like her at all and had no idea why she's so high up in senbatsu.  That said, I've grown to think she is sooo damn hot and absolutely the only one in AKB48 Group I'd enjoy meeting in a love hotel.  LOL

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Bad Girl